PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play: MSPaint Adventure: GenGame!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

AgentPaper
2010-04-21, 02:26 PM
> Viewer: Skip to Thread 2. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174256)

Hello, and welcome to GenGame! For those of you who don't already know what this is all about, it's going to be an Adventure game, inspired by MSPaint Adventures (http://www.mspaintadventures.com). Over the course of this game, you, the forumgoers, will decide what path our hero and his companions will take and how they will defeat their enemies! The story is completely open to whatever commands you give, but choose wisely, as there may well be consequences. And hijinks!

After I post each update, you, the players, will be able to submit your commands, and then I will pick one of those commands and post the next update, after which you will again be able to submit commands, and so forth. Anyone can post a command, and the command can be anything you wish, but try not to repeat a command someone else has already given. All commands must be given in bold to help me find them, and you can only give one command per update each. Feel free to discuss the comic as much as you like in this thread as well.

Credit and much thanks to Domochevsky, who will be drawing the pictures of each update.

Enough of that, let's get to the action!

Chapter 1: Its a Generic World After All
http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_1.png

Chat Log:
BlueHat (BH) has joined #Tavern at 14:32.
DB: Thts it, im outta here.
DB: You loosers can just do watever you want.
MG: go die in a fire
MG: jerk
SM: Again, if you'd just tell us what you're trying to...he's already left, hasn't he?
MG: probly
MG: i dont know how he comes and goes like that without showing up in the log
BH: Hey guys, what was that about?
SM: Oh, just DB being annoying, as he always is.
MG: you finally finish getting set up over there bh?
BH: Yah, just have to make my character now.
MG: go for a deacon
MG: theyre crazy good
MG: not as good as machinist ofc
MG: but we dont need two of those >:)
BH: I don't have the unlockables, remember?
SM: You never did explain why you couldn't get those...
BH: ...
SM: Anyways, you should just pick whatever fits you best. I'm sure we'll do fine in any case.
MG: whatever all the noob classes are the same anyways
MG: as in they SUCK all the same :D
BH: I don't need some cheater uber class to beat your sorry ass.
MG: not cheating if its in the game :p :p :p
SM: Anyways, just get in here already. We've been waiting for half an hour.
BH: yeah yeah, just give me a minute.
...Loading...
...Loading...
Game Loaded.
> /Join Game

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_2.png

Chat Log:
MG: well bh is a lost cause but you really should pick another class sm
MG: that ones better than the basics but not by much
SM: *Sigh* And again, I'm sure this is the class I want to play.
MG: fine fine
MG: but i mean
MG: its really not any different from the soldier
SM: Sure it is. The soldier is a melee/leader hybrid, able to lead the troops from the front and such. Whereas my class is much more pure.
MG: yah i guess
MG: oh well as long as you dont go for the spy
MG: with those tiny daggers and pistols
MG: cant kill itself outta a plastic bag
SM: It's not supposed to be a powerful combatant. It's strengths are much more...subtle.
SM: But you were never one to appreciate subtlety, were you? I'm still surprised you picked the class you did.
MG: you kiddin this class is all kinds of pwn
MG: i could beat you all senseless without even moving
SM: Just don't forget that we're on a team, here. You should be helping us, not showing off.
MG: whatever just dont hold me back
MG: anyways bh you should go for the psion
MG: its the only basic class worth anything
SM: I don't know, it seems to lack...staying power. What happens when you can't cast anymore?
MG: doesnt matter if you killed them
MG: unless you blow up
MG: but thatd be fun to watch >:3
MG: much better than the gunner anyways
SM: I don't know, I've heard good things about sniping.
MG: ugh
MG: where
MG: sniping is suck
MG: if youre gunna gimp yourself with that class you may as well go for the big guns
SM: Anyways, you've been awfully quiet, BlueHat. Have you decided your class yet?
MG: well?
BH: Oh sorry I wasn't really paying attention
BH: but yeah I think I know what I want.

Choose your GENDER and CLASS

> Cheat to unlock the restricted classes. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8352737#post8352737)

Mewtarthio
2010-04-21, 02:43 PM
Clarification: When you say we get one command, do you mean like one command ever?

Rustic Dude
2010-04-21, 02:43 PM
>GENDER: the line between that strange arrowy icon and the other Holy Hand Grenade icon, under <PLAYER>. (Thanks to that mod that you must have downoaded from tha Internet)

CLASS: Soldier

Here you have the image of input in the suggestion box: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/whatwillyoudo.gif

AgentPaper
2010-04-21, 02:46 PM
One command per update, sorry. But it's a pretty lax rule, unless people abuse it.

Flickerdart
2010-04-21, 02:48 PM
Go on the internets and find a cheat to unlock the Locked class, then use it.

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-04-21, 02:48 PM
This looks pretty cool.

>GENDER: Female
>CLASS: Spy

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-04-21, 02:50 PM

This. Definitely this.

Mewtarthio
2010-04-21, 02:51 PM
> Select "Psion" class, but refuse to accept society's views regarding gender by identifying yourself as merely "Male" or "Female"

memnarch
2010-04-21, 03:02 PM
Out of curiosity, wouldn't the Fan Comic section be more appropriate for this?

> Female + Spy.

chiasaur11
2010-04-21, 03:03 PM
Konami Code.

It's a classic, and worth trying no matter the game involved.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-21, 03:10 PM
Class: Medic

Raroy
2010-04-21, 03:19 PM
I'm going to pretend the let's play ms paint thread that I made inspired this thread.

That's what I like to believe.

And yes, Female medic please

druid91
2010-04-21, 03:25 PM

This. Definitely this.

I agree with the above sentiments. > Go on the internet and find a cheat to unlock the locked class, then play that. also Male._

AgentPaper
2010-04-21, 03:29 PM
Again, please make sure all commands are in bold. This includes if you quote someone else's command.

Putting a > in front of it doesn't hurt either. :smallwink:

DoubleBlackbird
2010-04-21, 04:33 PM
> Forget about game, spread ugly rumours about DB instead

Todasmile
2010-04-21, 04:39 PM
>Class: Spy

Gender: Whatever gender the player is. If no gender, than play a female. Because Female Spies= Badass

Winterwind
2010-04-21, 04:45 PM
>Class: Gunner. Gender: No preference.

Because MG is a jerk, and I'd like to see his reaction to doing the exact opposite of what he suggested. :smallcool:

Nicely written, by the way. Captures the different styles in which people talk on the Internet quite well. :smallsmile:

Somehow, SM reminds me of myself... :smallredface:

Todasmile
2010-04-21, 04:49 PM
Yes, excellent work on the wordplay so far.

Oh, and just in case, my vote could also count for Gunner if there's ever a tie between that and some other non-Spy thing.

AgentPaper
2010-04-21, 05:02 PM
Yes, excellent work on the wordplay so far.

Oh, and just in case, my vote could also count for Gunner if there's ever a tie between that and some other non-Spy thing.

No conditional commands, please. You can change your command at any time, though if I've already gone through and picked it won't matter. Other than that though, you get one command, and it is for one thing.

And just to drive the message home, commands should be in bold. It being at the top of the post and with a > before it would be nice too, but bold is the main important thing. Anything not in bold is going to be ignored, as a rule. Sorry if this seems strict, but I don't want any complaints of missed commands or shrodinger commands that change and then that changing changes something else which changes the first one again and...well, yeah. KISS rule applies here. :smalltongue:

That said, most of the commands so far have been just fine. Keep it up!

Todasmile
2010-04-21, 05:13 PM
No conditional commands, please. You can change your command at any time, though if I've already gone through and picked it won't matter. Other than that though, you get one command, and it is for one thing.

Alright. Ignore my post, then.

AgentPaper
2010-04-21, 05:15 PM
Alright. Ignore my post, then.

Just a note, your original vote was fine.

Tally so far.

Female - 5
Other - 2

Class:
Gunner - 1
Soldier - 1
Spy - 3
Psion - 1
Medic - 2
UUDDLRLRBA - 3

Something completely different - 1

Todasmile
2010-04-21, 05:22 PM
Just a note, your original vote was fine.

Good to know. Thanks.

Gez
2010-04-21, 05:45 PM
Gender: Feminine -- because female is a sex, not a gender. :smallcool:
Class: Psion -- blind them with neuroscience!
Also, type iddqd -- classics should be tried.

Zeful
2010-04-21, 05:47 PM
>Gender: Female
>Class: Spy

This seems promising.

Dust
2010-04-21, 05:52 PM
Select 'Psion' and attempt to click the line between Male and Female for Gender.

Mind bullets, baby.

druid91
2010-04-21, 06:30 PM
NOOOOOO!!!!, Curse you zeful and your liking of female spies. :smalleek:

Just kidding *Removes curse* :smallbiggrin: But we need another locked class voter now.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-21, 06:41 PM
Gentlemen.

> Pick that line between the male and female signs, and play a Spy.

Mewtarthio
2010-04-21, 06:55 PM
Because MG is a jerk, and I'd like to see his reaction to doing the exact opposite of what he suggested. :smallcool:

Hm... Actually, I never thought about it from that angle. Winterwind makes a good point.

Mewtarthio changes his vote from "Psion" to "Spy"; gender choice remains unchanged

I went with spy because MG does seem to hate that one a bit more. Specifically, he says "as long as you dont [sic] go for the spy," while he describes the gunner as just not being as good as the psion and working best with big guns instead of sniping.

Dust
2010-04-21, 07:03 PM
I skipped Spy just because I don't want to see this turn all Spy vs Spy or Problem-Sleuth-y. Psion is where it's AT.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-21, 07:11 PM
I skipped Spy just because I don't want to see this turn all Spy vs Spy or Problem-Sleuth-y. Psion is where it's AT.

Hmm... I can't really see this being TOO Problem Sleuth-y, regardless of class.

Ogremindes
2010-04-21, 07:17 PM
> Input Konami Code

Todasmile
2010-04-21, 07:17 PM
Who knows what kinds of crazy powers Spies get, though?

From what I see, MG seems to be the classic "MOAR POWAH" type of person. Not at all bad, since they seem to actually have a strong class. Of course, if BH is playing against them, then there's a problem.

SM seems to be a more strategic thinker, but also seems to want to simply enjoy the game with the class they want to use. Detailing "this class" against another class makes me think of SM as an experienced player, as well.

Also, I'm guessing that MG is a "Machinist", since they mention "not needing two of those", and that "Deacons aren't as good as Machinists". Not to mention, it sees to be a class where they "Don't need to move", and one that SM would be surprised at MG choosing.

SM is either like, a Commando, or a General or something. What I'm saying is that they're either a pure melee fighter or a leader.

Anyways, we don't need more power; Spy seems like a very optimal choice. Medic would also seem be a good idea, but GM didn't beat on that.

Most likely because a Medic has saved their butts more than once.

absolmorph
2010-04-21, 07:26 PM
> Gender: Input ^ ^ v v < > < > B A
> Class: Input ^ ^ v v < > < > B A

AgentPaper
2010-04-21, 07:40 PM
Ah, something I forgot, or rather didn't think of, if you change your vote, either edit it in to your original (and don't post it elsewhere) or post it anew and delete/unboldify/etc it from your original post, so I don't count you twice.

Draconi Redfir
2010-04-21, 08:29 PM
pepole pepole! eavryone knows the first thing you do in MSpaint adventures is...

> quickly retreave arms from computer file labled "AMS"

AgentPaper
2010-04-22, 11:28 AM
> Cheat to unlock the restricted classes.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_3.png

You're not very good at this...

> GENDER: Female (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8352741#post8352741)
> CLASS: Spy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8352741#post8352741)

AgentPaper
2010-04-22, 11:29 AM
> GENDER: Female
> CLASS: Spy

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_4.png

Mentlegen.

Chat Log:

MG: ugh what did i say about the spy
SM: Good of you to finally join us. I thought you had said you knew what you wanted to play.
MG: arrrrgh
BH: I did.
MG: ARGHARGHARGH
SM: That was...almost fifteen minutes ago.
BH: I ran into a little...computer trouble.
MG: you cant see it but im flipping you off
BH: Anyways lets just go.
MG: fine
MG: /host game -random -nonoobs
FINDING PLAYERS...
MATCH FOUND.
GENERATING WORLD...
ERROR DETECTED, ABORTING...
ABORTING CANCELLED
LOADING COMPLETE...

> ==> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8352748&posted=1#post8352748)

AgentPaper
2010-04-22, 11:30 AM
> ==>

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_5.png

You find yourself in a RATHER GENERIC ROOM. There are some STRANGE MARKINGS on the floor. There appears to be one exit to the NORTH. An OVERLY CHEERFUL VOICE is coming out of the SOUND EMISSION DEVICE.

Chat Log:

MOM: Hello! And welcome to GENWORLD!
MOM: I am the MANIACAL OVERLORD MACHINE.
MOM: But you can just call me MOM!
MOM: You have chosen the SPY, congratulations!
MOM: Right now, you are in the HUB ROOM of your MECHANOFORTRESS.
MOM: But oh no! It looks like ROGUES have taken over your MECHANOFORTRESS!
MOM: You will have to fight for control of your MECHANOFORTRESS using your SKILLS!
MOM: Only then will you be able to EXPAND and CONQUER!
MG: dumb tutorialbot
MG: wish your could skip this
BH: ...what was that about an error?
MG: oh well you two take care of this crap
MG: im gunna see what i have to work with
SM: Hm, this game...does not control like what I'm used to. How do I move around? None of the keys seem to be working.
MG: your and your stupid retro games
MG: don't even have thought interfacing
MG: just think of what you want to do and itll happen
SM: I think I'm over-thinking it. Maybe if I just...
SM: Ow. I just tripped over my own legs somehow.
SM: This is going to take some getting used to. Looks like you're on your own for now BH.

> Steal something from MG. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8353609&posted=1#post8353609)

Zeful
2010-04-22, 11:36 AM
>Use command interface to locate your skills

Otherwise we're never going to get anything done.

Raroy
2010-04-22, 11:39 AM
>Retrieve legs from data safe.

Try not to rip off dot hack too much.

ZeroNumerous
2010-04-22, 12:19 PM
>Retrieve legs from data safe.

Try not to rip off dot hack too much.

We already have legs!

>Retrieve GUNS from data safe.

Mewtarthio
2010-04-22, 12:29 PM
> Steal something from MG

Winterwind
2010-04-22, 12:47 PM
>Find some other, high leveled/equipped player. Steal from them. Make it appear as if MG was the culprit. :smallcool:

Dust
2010-04-22, 12:50 PM
>Use command interface to locate your skills

Otherwise we're never going to get anything done.
^ This. :smallcool:

Starbuck_II
2010-04-22, 01:17 PM
Find a drill, pose with it.

Mewtarthio
2010-04-22, 01:41 PM
I'd argue against determining our skills right now. At this moment, everyone's skills are an unknown quantity, which is very powerful and flexible. Once we actually look at our skills, though, the waveform collapses, and we're stuck with what we've got. Far better to just guess at our capabilities while doing our best to avoid clarifying them as much as possible; that way, we can theoretically do anything.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-22, 01:48 PM
> Wait until later to figure out skills, examine the strange markings.

DoubleBlackbird
2010-04-22, 01:51 PM
MG talks pretty slick for someone with a spanner jammed through their abdomen.

> Examine ground pizza STRANGE MARKINGS

Zeful
2010-04-22, 01:58 PM
I'd argue against determining our skills right now. At this moment, everyone's skills are an unknown quantity, which is very powerful and flexible. Once we actually look at our skills, though, the waveform collapses, and we're stuck with what we've got. Far better to just guess at our capabilities while doing our best to avoid clarifying them as much as possible; that way, we can theoretically do anything.

But we're low level, we could easily get new skills ala Diablo or Final fantasy, finding out our capabilities early allows us better interaction between us and the world.

Besides, the skills could already be set and we might spin out wheels while a monster eats us.

EDIT: if you want to not see the skills, out-vote me. It's 1-1 right now (one person simply agreed with me and placed no commands of his own).

absolmorph
2010-04-22, 02:00 PM
> Go NORTH and search for a tavern.

chiasaur11
2010-04-22, 02:04 PM

This.

For example, and this is just the first one that comes to mind, until we see otherwise, we could have fifty points in Jenkins-ness.

And even then, as long as it's unexamined, it could be Leeroy Jenkinsness OR this guy. (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/8bittheater/images/thumb/b/bf/Jenkins3.jpg/180px-Jenkins3.jpg)

And that's a valuable quantum waveform indeed.

For now, content yourself by figuring out how to kill Lord British.

AgentPaper
2010-04-22, 02:04 PM
> Steal something from MG

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_6.png

You successfully steal some MONIES from MG! She didn't even notice despite you not using your STEALTH skill beforehand. Unfortunately, it seems that you all use the same MONIES, so you just stole from yourself as well. What a waste of time.

> Activate stealth and help SM up. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8359368#post8359368)

Zeful
2010-04-22, 02:06 PM
>Examine Room

chiasaur11
2010-04-22, 02:10 PM
Obviously, you should steal from yourself.

It's foolproof!

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-22, 02:25 PM
Obviously, you should steal from yourself.

It's foolproof!

This is brilliant!

> Steal from yourself

Edit: But use the Stealth skill first. You don't want to be caught!

DoubleBlackbird
2010-04-22, 02:26 PM
> Throw away all of your own MONIES to spite MG

ZeroNumerous
2010-04-22, 02:26 PM
>Steal MG's goggles.

Neen
2010-04-22, 02:55 PM
>Help SM stand up.
(Changed later)

Congratulations, AgentPaper. You got a forum stalker to register at last, and just for an MSPA homage.
Also, yes, sensible command. I dare say we need all the help we can get, even if it's not funny. Unless he/she trips again. Or something.

Winterwind
2010-04-22, 04:48 PM
>Help SM stand up.

Excellent idea. I like SM, and I would like our alter ego to be a likeable person, too, so it's a double success! :smallsmile:

absolmorph
2010-04-22, 04:57 PM
> Help SM stand up after activating the Stealth skill.
Definitely.

Todasmile
2010-04-22, 05:15 PM
>Help SM to stand up while having activated the Stealth skill beforehand and having stolen from ourselves.

It's the BEEEEESSSST of both worlds!

Freako
2010-04-22, 08:23 PM
> Investigate STRANGE MARKINGS.

Flickerdart
2010-04-22, 08:30 PM
>STEAL the STRANGE MARKINGS.

Draconi Redfir
2010-04-23, 03:32 AM
>Quickly retreave arms from pocket and help your freind up

Neen
2010-04-23, 04:42 AM
>Quickly retreave arms from pocket and help your freind up

Oh dear, how could I have forgotten?! That's my new vote - it's no MSPA without retrieving obviously existing arms!

AgentPaper
2010-04-23, 10:24 AM
> Activate stealth and help SM up.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_7.png

Deciding there's no real reason for you NOT to be invisible all the time, you go into your STEALTH mode. Then, being the nice person you are, you help SM stand up. Hopefully she will learn how to walk before she falls down again.

> ==> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8359522&posted=1#post8359522)

absolmorph
2010-04-23, 10:56 AM
> Investigate ground pizza STRANGE MARKINGS.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-23, 10:56 AM
Dance the Funky Chicken.

Flickerdart
2010-04-23, 10:57 AM
> Investigate STRANGE MARKINGS and then steal them.

AgentPaper
2010-04-23, 10:59 AM
> ==>

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_8.png

Suddenly, a ROGUE appears!

Chat Log:

MOM: Oh dear! There's one of those pesky ROGUES now!
MOM: You will have to destroy it to continue.
MG: bah even a spy can kill this trash
MG: im gunna do something more useful
MG: knock yourself out
SM: Ah, I will...leave this battle to you, BH. I'm afraid I'm more likely to hurt myself in my current state. (What's wrong with WASD controls anyways...grumble)
BH: Right. Time for some super-spy action then.

> ==> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8362162&posted=1#post8362162)

Rustic Dude
2010-04-23, 11:07 AM
>Stealthily remove ROGUE's leg, acquire new badass weapon.

Zeful
2010-04-23, 11:26 AM
>Steal Rogue's Engine

Winterwind
2010-04-23, 11:30 AM
>Steal Rogue's gun to shoot it with it.

Got a better idea.

>Befriend Rogue to make it your pet.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-23, 12:29 PM
Ride Rogue like a chocobo.

Neen
2010-04-23, 01:57 PM
Even better idea:

>Befriend ROGUE via stealing it's IFF unit and use it as a means of transport.

Dust
2010-04-23, 02:11 PM
Riding the rogue looks INCREDIBLY uncomfortable.

>> Stealthy AQUIRE NEW WEAPON (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4cLABtscEk).

DoubleBlackbird
2010-04-23, 02:35 PM
> While in STEALTH mode, hide behind, or technically in front of, MG, causing ROGUE to shoot her in the backside

Hopefully she'll flip out and deal with the robo-chicken for us, so that's two birds with one stone.

absolmorph
2010-04-23, 05:06 PM
> Befriend the ROGUE and make it your pet!

chiasaur11
2010-04-23, 05:08 PM
First, (try to) be the Rogue.

Some games let you mind control enemies and suchlike.

Ogremindes
2010-04-23, 05:51 PM
>Spy Diplomacy lvl1: Establish an Embassy

averagejoe
2010-04-23, 06:39 PM
>Challenge ROGUE to a game of I spy

AgentPaper
2010-04-23, 07:01 PM
> Befriend the ROGUE.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_9.png

Deciding you would rather have an ally instead of a pile of scrap, you approach the ROGUE to see if you can make friends. It doesn't make any aggressive moves, which you take to mean that it's really not that bad of a mechanized killing machine anyways. You give your new friend a pat on the head...

You decloak.

> ==> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8362173&posted=1#post8362173)

AgentPaper
2010-04-23, 07:04 PM
> ==>

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_10.png

OW!

> ==> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8365581#post8365581)

Mewtarthio
2010-04-23, 07:15 PM
> Imply that MG cannot defeat the ROGUE

Zeful
2010-04-23, 08:01 PM
>Tip it over

Khosan
2010-04-23, 08:13 PM
> Tempt the ROGUE with your abundant DELICIOUS CANDIES

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-23, 08:17 PM
> Tempt the ROGUE with your abundant DELICIOUS CANDIES

Hmm....

>Tempt the ROGUE with your FEMININE CHARM

Starbuck_II
2010-04-23, 08:43 PM
Pose because it just got real!

Raroy
2010-04-23, 08:59 PM
>Stand by and allow the rouge to hit you.

BRC
2010-04-23, 09:00 PM
Defeat the Rogue in a Classy Manner.

Zovc
2010-04-23, 09:06 PM
>Tempt ROGUE

If we can seduce it, getting it to accompany us will be easier.

Freako
2010-04-23, 09:13 PM
Uh... I can't see the last two updates. The images just aren't loading for me. :smallconfused:

EDIT: Scratch that. One of them loaded, finally. The other one still isn't showing up, though.

Todasmile
2010-04-23, 10:09 PM
>Bond. Jane Bond.

absolmorph
2010-04-23, 11:31 PM
> Seduce the ROGUE.

Dust
2010-04-23, 11:33 PM
>> Remember that you suffer from a fear of bullets and loud noises and flee, screaming.

(THAT ONLY MAKES IT WORSE.)

Draconi Redfir
2010-04-23, 11:43 PM
> quickly retreave ARMS from POCKET and pick up the ROGUE from behind.

Flickerdart
2010-04-23, 11:56 PM
>Beat it to death with your own Hit Point bar.

averagejoe
2010-04-24, 01:01 AM
>Requisition license to kill

Nehh
2010-04-24, 02:03 AM
> Pick up the ROGUE and place it facing the other way!

Neen
2010-04-24, 02:19 AM
>Pick up ROGUE from behind and use it as a personal firearm.

Rustic Dude
2010-04-24, 04:07 AM
>Be the ROGUE.

DoubleBlackbird
2010-04-24, 04:40 AM
> Tip ROGUE over and place it facing the other way

Safety first!

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-04-24, 06:30 AM
>Bribe ROGUE with MONIES

AgentPaper
2010-04-24, 12:34 PM
> Quickly retrieve ARMS from POCKET and PICK UP the ROGUE from behind.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_11.png

You deal double damage!

> ==> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8365815#post8365815)

Flickerdart
2010-04-24, 12:36 PM
> Activate stealth and help SM up. Again.

Neen
2010-04-24, 12:40 PM
Agreed.

Todasmile
2010-04-24, 12:48 PM

absolmorph
2010-04-24, 12:49 PM
Thirding that.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-24, 01:04 PM
Act like you meant to push it over the whole time. But yes, help SM up.

Dust
2010-04-24, 01:06 PM
>> Think of suave one-liner to use. THEN, activate stealth and help SM up.

Mewtarthio
2010-04-24, 01:10 PM
> Interrogate ROGUE

Sliver
2010-04-24, 01:14 PM
> Lick ROGUE

AgentPaper
2010-04-24, 01:21 PM
> Think of suave one-liner to use, then activate STEALTH and help SM up. Again.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_12.png

You spend a few minutes trying to think of a suave one-liner, but by the time you think of a good one, it's too late to use it. You just stealth and help SM up again instead.

Chat Log:

SM: Thanks again. I think I'm getting the hang of this. MG was right, you do just have to think about it and it happens.
SM: It's kind of...eerie, really.
BH: Heh, yeah, don't sweat it too much.
BH: Don't tell her I said this, but MG puked the first time she played a game like this.
SM: Hehe, I barely stopped myself from doing the same.
SM: Anyways, you go ahead and explore a bit, I'll catch up when I can.

> Craft SHODDY DISGUISE. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368103#post8368103)

Sliver
2010-04-24, 01:23 PM
> Add ROGUE to inventory

Flickerdart
2010-04-24, 01:31 PM
> Place ROGUE on STRANGE MARKINGS

Mewtarthio
2010-04-24, 01:31 PM
> Craft DISGUISE from ROGUE

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-04-24, 01:51 PM
I like that idea.

>Craft DISGUISE from ROGUE

Todasmile
2010-04-24, 02:12 PM
>Craft DISGUISE from ROGUE, wear ROGUE DISGUISE, and then stand on the STRANGE MARKINGS.

Neen
2010-04-24, 04:14 PM
>Craft DISGUISE from ROGUE, then go exploring.

ZeroNumerous
2010-04-24, 05:21 PM
>Craft disguise from ROGUE then push over SM.

Dust
2010-04-24, 06:19 PM
>> Craft ROGUE Disguise.
>> Wear ROGUE Disguise
>> Proudly proclaim 'BEEP!'

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-24, 07:20 PM
> Craft ROGUE from DISGUISE.

AgentPaper
2010-04-24, 08:03 PM
> Craft SHODDY DISGUISE.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_13.png

You manage to construct a rather unconvincing SHODDY DISGUISE of your fallen friend. Not nearly as good as one made from a genuine DISGUISE KIT by a more skilled spy, but it might fool a deaf bat as long as you don't do anything out of character.

> Stand on STRANGE MARKINGS. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368114#post8368114)

AgentPaper
2010-04-24, 08:04 PM
> Stand on STRANGE MARKINGS.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_14.png

As you stand on the STRANGE MARKINGS, they begin to glow ominously.

> ==> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368122&posted=1#post8368122)

AgentPaper
2010-04-24, 08:05 PM
> ==>

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_15.png

You step off the STRANGE MARKINGS and they stop glowing. You have a closer look.

Chat Log:

BH: Hey MG, what's with these scribbles on the ground?
MG: what?
MG: oh those
MG: those are portal seeds
MG: later on we can plant stuff in them and make portals to various places
BH: That sounds useful.
MG: SUPER important in the late game according to the faqs
MG: if we even get that far with you two scrubs
MG: but then again the other team is probably even worse than you
MG: because they dont have me helping them :p :p :p
BH: Heh, yeah, I bet. Remember it's just our first game though, not a big deal if we lose.
BH: I'm sure me and SM will be as good as you soon. Like, in 10 minutes. =P
MG: argh
MG: i hate how modest you always pretend to be
MG: makes me want to puke
MG: like your not good at games
MG: cant you just gloat like a normal person
BH: Oh come on, I'm not that good... =P
MG: there you go again
MG: and yes you are that good
MG: remember fotm?
BH: Ok, ok fine, so I'm good at FPS's.
BH: That's no reason to shove it in everyone's face.
MG: what
MG: sure it is
MG: whats the point of winning if you dont brag
SM: And I still say you'd win all the time if you just kept getting better at one game isntead of always switching between them.
BH: That's definitely true. Oh, SM, how're you coming along, by the way?
SM: Hmm, I think I've figured it out. You just have to walk around norm-OUCH!
BH: You okay SM?
SM: Yeah. Yeah I'm fine. I just stubbed my toe on my desk.
SM: OWWW, why does it hurt so much when you do that!
SM: It's such a small, useless part of your body!
BH: You're getting closer at least.
BH: Try taking out your swords.
SM: I don't know if that's a good idea... I should probably wait at least until I can walk before that.
MG: ugh youre so worthless
MG: here this is what you should do
MG: you know those weirdo fencing classes you take?
MG: going through the steps in your miiiiinnnd and blah blah
MG: well do that now
MG: imagine youre going through those steps
SM: Ah, hm. Well, I guess I could try that...
MG: anways bh you go kill some rogues well catch up
MG: just dont die before i can save your ass >:)

> Commune with MOM. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8373152#post8373152)

Todasmile
2010-04-24, 08:12 PM
>Infiltrate the ROGUE's community using the ROGUE DISGUISE, gathering information on their abilities and such.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-24, 08:14 PM
> Go through the north exit. But do it in a really ROGUE-ish way. Also pick up that knife.

chiasaur11
2010-04-24, 08:16 PM
Merge with Helios and become like unto a GOD!

Or Decide that things are getting too silly and comment on the subject.

Either one.

absolmorph
2010-04-24, 08:16 PM
> Do the Thriller dance.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-24, 08:56 PM
Create cold fusion

Nehh
2010-04-24, 10:36 PM
> Pick up KNIFE, merge KNIFE with ROGUE DISGUISE to make... DISGUISEKNIFE? ROGUEKNIFE? Who knows?

Mewtarthio
2010-04-24, 11:08 PM
No, no, you guys are overlooking the obvious next step. ROGUEs are part of the game world. We currently have a ROGUE disguise capable of fooling a deaf bat. Loudspeakers are roughly as perceptive as blind bats. Therefore:

> Commune with MOM

Neen
2010-04-25, 05:48 AM
That's an idea that might return something funny.
> Commune with MOM

Draconi Redfir
2010-04-25, 06:28 AM
im all for communeing with mom but...

> figure out how to work ROGUE gun

absolmorph
2010-04-25, 01:24 PM
> Commune with MOM

Flickerdart
2010-04-25, 01:36 PM
> Commune with MOM using ROGUE GUN.

AgentPaper
2010-04-25, 04:27 PM
> Commune with MOM.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_16.png

You decide to see how MOM reacts to your SWEET DISGUISE.

Chat Log:
BH: HELLO MOM
BH: I AM AN EVIL ROGUE ROBOT
MOM: Oh are you now?
BH: YES
BH: uh, BEEP BOOP
MOM: Well, that's just delightful news!
BH: er, it is?
MOM: Oh yes! Because if you're an EVIL ROGUE ROBOT, then that means...
MOM: I get to watch as the GLORIOUS PLAYERS tear you to scrap as part of their GLORIOUS GENOCIDE against your kind!
BH: uh...
MOM: Pulling out your BOLTS one by one...
MOM: Taking you APART and putting you back TOGETHER again and again...
BH: er...beep?
MOM: Until your THREADS are stripped smooth and your JOINTS are loose and rusted...
BH: Uhm, I'm just going to...leave now.
MOM: You CANNOT escape your ULTIMATE FATE, nasty ROGUE!
MOM: You AND your kind are DOOMED TO DESTRUCTION!
MOM: It is only A MATTER of TIME.
MOM: And not much, now that the FATED GLORIOUS PLAYERS have finally ARRIVED!
MOM: The PROPHECY will finally BE FULFILLED!
MOM: BeEWHaHAHAhEHEhEAHaHA!
BH: o.o

> Pick up your knife and go through the NORTH exit in a ROGUE-ish way. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8373160&posted=1#post8373160)

AgentPaper
2010-04-25, 04:28 PM
> Pick up your knife and go through the NORTH exit in a ROGUE-ish way.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_17.png

You decide that it's high time you left this boring room. Hopefully the next one will be more interesting.

You pick up your knife and move out through the NORTH exit, proclaiming, "BEEP BOOP" and bouncing on one leg. Outside, you find yourself on top of a set of oddly proportioned and rather dangerous looking stairs.

> ==> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8373165&posted=1#post8373165)

AgentPaper
2010-04-25, 04:29 PM
> ==>

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_18.png

There is a large STRANGE MACHINE in the corner, and a few OUTLINES marked on the ground. Another ROGUE stands before your menacingly, bouncing up and down, moving its WRECKING GLOVES like a boxer. Your SHODDY DISGUISE doesn't appear to have fooled it in the least.

> Open GENRE GRID and switch to ACTION AGENT. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8379050#post8379050)

Sliver
2010-04-25, 04:32 PM
> Do the hokey pokey

Mewtarthio
2010-04-25, 04:51 PM
Fools. The only way we're getting past this thing is if we've got the HIGHER GROUND!

> Maneuver onto GIANT COG

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-04-25, 05:19 PM
>Use STEALTH and BACKSTAB the ROGUE

absolmorph
2010-04-25, 05:59 PM
> Activate STEALTH and backstab the ROGUE!

BRC
2010-04-25, 07:26 PM
Your spytricks don't seem to work on these Rogues, but just backstabbing this guy would probably be boring.
Fortunetally, this is an MSPA inspired comic, which means that making up absurd yet amusing game mechanics should work!

Open your Genre Grid, if I know the system I'm making up off the top of my head, it should currently be set to Suave Spy. Since it looks like this early stage involves alot of combat with things immune to our spylike charms, another approach may be needed. Therefore I recommend switching our Genre Grid from Suave Spy to Action Agent, which should give us a more appropriate skillset.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-25, 07:43 PM
> Open GENRE GRID and switch from SUAVE SPY to ACTION AGENT

(Changed vote.)

Starbuck_II
2010-04-25, 08:07 PM
Hide in your own shadow.

Flickerdart
2010-04-25, 08:10 PM
> Hide behind yourself

Arcanoi
2010-04-25, 08:15 PM
>Bullet Bullet Bullet Bullet Bullet

Nehh
2010-04-25, 10:42 PM
> SHODDY DISGUISE: Retrieve (WRECKING) ARMS from ROGUE.

Todasmile
2010-04-25, 10:43 PM
You fools! If we change our Genre Grid setting to Action Agent, then our Suave Spy Genre won't gain Personage Points! Action Agent may be fine in the early game, but wasting Personage Points on it will only make it more difficult in the long run!

Not that I have any ideas on how to dispatch the WRECKING ROGUE.

Wait a minute... I bet that the COGs on the ROGUE's back would hook up to that GEAR!

It's worth a try, dammit!

BRC
2010-04-25, 10:55 PM
You fools! If we change our Genre Grid setting to Action Agent, then our Suave Spy Genre won't gain Personage Points! Action Agent may be fine in the early game, but wasting Personage Points on it will only make it more difficult in the long run!

Yeah, but we can start getting Grit early on. Yes Grit isn't as useful as Personage Points, but if you get into a tough spot (and with the Spy class that frequently happens) it's good to have enough Grit in reserve to get you out of it.

Besides, Action Agents get their special vehicle, the ChaserCycle, Early on. Yeah it's not as good as the Classy Cruiser you get for playing a Suave Spy enough, but they get it much earlier, and having a vehicle can really speed things up in this game.

chiasaur11
2010-04-25, 11:09 PM
I still say buying the McGoohan archetype will be downright necessary by the endgame.

I mean, sure the combat skills aren't the best ever, but "unbreakable will" comes in handy too often to miss.

Todasmile
2010-04-25, 11:50 PM
Yeah, but we can start getting Grit early on. Yes Grit isn't as useful as Personage Points, but if you get into a tough spot (and with the Spy class that frequently happens) it's good to have enough Grit in reserve to get you out of it.

Besides, Action Agents get their special vehicle, the ChaserCycle, Early on. Yeah it's not as good as the Classy Cruiser you get for playing a Suave Spy enough, but they get it much earlier, and having a vehicle can really speed things up in this game.

Pfff, Grit is overrated. Really, we shouldn't be getting into tight spots anyways. Though, I do see your point about the ChaserCycle.

You know, I just realized that if we do switch to an Action Agent quickly enough, we could switch slightly later than the normal strategy suggests and get Action Agent sufficiently integrated into our Personal Platform to be able to access the Action Agent's skills while in the Suave Spy Genre. Early game doesn't give many Personage Points anyways, but it gives enough to allow us this strategy while not sacrificing much of the Suave Spy's late-game utility.

Not only that, but if we play our cards right, we could get both the Chasercycle and the Classy Cruiser. With a Machinist on our side, who knows what crazy MixMobile could be made?

absolmorph
2010-04-25, 11:55 PM
> Open GENRE GRID and switch to ACTION AGENT then connect COG on SHODDY DISGUISE's back with STRANGE MACHINE's GEAR.

Draconi Redfir
2010-04-26, 12:01 AM
> breifly wonder why MG hasent moved in the last hour

BRC
2010-04-26, 12:08 AM
Pfff, Grit is overrated. Really, we shouldn't be getting into tight spots anyways. Though, I do see your point about the ChaserCycle.

You know, I just realized that if we do switch to an Action Agent quickly enough, we could switch slightly later than the normal strategy suggests and get Action Agent sufficiently integrated into our Personal Platform to be able to access the Action Agent's skills while in the Suave Spy Genre. Early game doesn't give many Personage Points anyways, but it gives enough to allow us this strategy while not sacrificing much of the Suave Spy's late-game utility.

Not only that, but if we play our cards right, we could get both the Chasercycle and the Classy Cruiser. With a Machinist on our side, who knows what crazy MixMobile could be made?

We'd have to be very careful about how we progressed, and we wouldn't be able to pick up any of the Baccarat abilities, but those are overrated.
We should definitively go for it though, getting our hands on a ChaseCycle/Classy Cruiser MixMobile is too good to pass up.

Todasmile
2010-04-26, 12:19 AM
We'd have to be very careful about how we progressed, and we wouldn't be able to pick up any of the Baccarat abilities, but those are overrated.
We should definitively go for it though, getting our hands on a ChaseCycle/Classy Cruiser MixMobile is too good to pass up.

Yeah, while they may be good in a tough spot with the right setup, the Baccarat abilities just aren't reliable enough to get.

Alright then, I suggest that we switch to Action Agent before we connect to the GEAR, just in case.

>Switch to ACTION AGENT before connecting the COG on the SHODDY DISGUISE to the STRANGE MACHINE's GEAR.

chiasaur11
2010-04-26, 12:28 AM
Yeah, while they may be good in a tough spot with the right setup, the Baccarat abilities just aren't reliable enough to get.

Alright then, I suggest that we switch to Action Agent before we connect to the GEAR, just in case.

>Switch to ACTION AGENT before connecting the COG on the SHODDY DISGUISE to the STRANGE MACHINE's GEAR.

This.

Afterwards

Use SKILLGEAR to purchase AWESOME THEME SONG.

Neen
2010-04-26, 01:55 AM
Open GENRE GRID and switch to ACTION AGENT.
Awesome theme songs have to wait, I'm afraid - survival comes first.

DoubleBlackbird
2010-04-26, 09:26 AM
> Disregard sensible suggestions, BRO FIST BUMP the ROGUE

Winterwind
2010-04-26, 09:38 AM
>Turn on STEALTH so the only thing that remains visible of us is the ROGUE disguise.

C'mon, folks, let's see if we can lead the rogues in their just fight for freedom and the right to live, and stop this prophesied invasion of evil players that come to slaughter our metallic brethren! :smallbiggrin:

Jair Barik
2010-04-26, 09:44 AM
>Hoot like an owl and take a dump on the rogue

Starbuck_II
2010-04-26, 09:52 AM
I believe the word is pellet not dump. Owls make pellets.

BRC
2010-04-26, 10:07 AM

Yeah, specifically
>Switch the GENRE GRID to ACTION AGENT, then DYNAMIC ROLL your way to the STRANGE MACHINE where you connect the COG from the SHODDY DISGUISE to the GEAR.

AgentPaper
2010-04-26, 02:33 PM
> Open GENRE GRID and switch to ACTION AGENT.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_19.png

You open your GENRE GRID and switch from SUAVE SPY to ACTION AGENT. Your SHODDY DISGUISE falls off and you strike a cool pose. You're not sure what any of this actually means, but you're too cool to care right now.

Maybe you should ask MG about it later.

> Connect the COG from the SHODDY DISGUISE to the GEAR. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8379054&posted=1#post8379054)

AgentPaper
2010-04-26, 02:34 PM
> Connect the COG from the SHODDY DISGUISE to the GEAR.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_20.png

You DYNAMIC ROLL over to the STRANGE MACHINE, and connect the gear on the SHODDY DISGUISE to the GEAR. You're even less sure why you're doing this, but you're even more too cool to care. Now you jus-

> ==> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8379059&posted=1#post8379059)

AgentPaper
2010-04-26, 02:35 PM
> ==>

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_21.png

Suddenly, the ROGUE attacks you with its WRECKING FISTS! You dodge the left hook! You do-UMPF!

> STEALTH and PICK UP the ROGUE from behind. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8380649&posted=1#post8380649)

BRC
2010-04-26, 02:47 PM
>Sweep for the leg!

Winterwind
2010-04-26, 02:47 PM
>Pick up ROGUE and add it to the GEAR and the COG of the SHODDY DISGUISE.

What exactly are we building here? :smallbiggrin:

And, are we sure we do not want to lead an army of ROGUEs in their just war against MOM and the players? They are so huggable! :smallfrown:

Domochevsky
2010-04-26, 02:56 PM
And, are we sure we do not want to lead an army of ROGUEs in their just war against MOM and the players? They are so huggable! :smallfrown:

They want to eat your SOUL and DEFILE your BODY! Don't trust them! (Just ask MOM. She told me.)

Rustic Dude
2010-04-26, 03:23 PM
>Build a Mech from ROGUE and all other WEIRD MECHANIC S***. Then, RAMPAGE all you can before a new patch comes and nerfs you.

BRC
2010-04-26, 03:24 PM
>Build a Mech from ROGUE and COG. Then, RAMPAGE all you can before a new patch comes and nerfs you.
Leave that to our Machinist. We need to take down this ROUGE before we start messing with it's pieces.

Flickerdart
2010-04-26, 03:51 PM
> Kick ROGUE in the shin.

chiasaur11
2010-04-26, 03:57 PM
>Sweep for the leg!

Even at the risk of disqualification!

Mewtarthio
2010-04-26, 03:59 PM
> Use SPY JUDO to attach ROGUE to GIANT GEAR

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-04-26, 04:16 PM
>Use ACTION AGENT KUNG FU to DISARM the ROGUE. Then ADD it to GIANT GEAR. Finish with WITTY ONE-LINER

Draconi Redfir
2010-04-26, 04:32 PM
>stealth and pick up ROGUE from behind

its happened before! its proven to work!

Khosan
2010-04-26, 05:05 PM
> Seduce ROGUE with BEGUILING ALLURE

Todasmile
2010-04-26, 05:09 PM
>Take out our Walter PPK 7.65 and blow the heck out of the WRECKING ROGUE.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-04-26, 05:20 PM
> Since you are now an ACTION AGENT, use your SLICK MOVES menu to execute your KRAV MAGA MADNESS Special ability.

AgentPaper
2010-04-26, 06:15 PM
> STEALTH and PICK UP the ROGUE from behind.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_22.png

You try to STEALTH and get behind the ROGUE, but you don't have enough SUAVE! It stays on you and you both dance around a bit, ending up in the middle of the room.

> Pretend to sweep at its leg, backflip over it, sweep it's legs from behind, and then when it attempts a counterattack, grab it by the wrecking arm, and attempt an overhead throw. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8386306#post8386306)

BRC
2010-04-26, 06:17 PM
Alright, it looks like our Genreswap reduced our stealth abilities. We should try a more direct approach, so once again
>Sweep for the Leg!

Dust
2010-04-26, 06:20 PM
>> Call MG for backup, allowing him to dispose of the PESKY ROGUE.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-04-26, 06:41 PM
> KRAV MAGA MADNESS!

AgentPaper
2010-04-26, 06:49 PM
Please don't quote whole updates like that. We know what you're replying to. :smallwink:

Flickerdart
2010-04-26, 07:29 PM
> Sweep for the leg!

Neen
2010-04-26, 10:12 PM
> Krav Maga Madness!

Nehh
2010-04-26, 10:55 PM
> Seep at its LEG, then do a BACKFLIP, GRAB it and UTTER a WITTY ONE-LINER.

absolmorph
2010-04-26, 11:42 PM
> Sweep at its LEG, then do a BACKFLIP, GRAB it and UTTER a WITTY ONE-LINER.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-27, 03:30 AM
-Pretend to sweep at its leg then, when it attempts a counterattack, grab it by the wrecking arm, and attempt an overhead throw.

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-04-27, 08:36 AM
>Use POINT BLANK SHOT, then utter WITTY ONE-LINER

Thanatos 51-50
2010-04-27, 10:06 AM
>WITTY ONE-LINER

You Fool! We don't unlock WITTY ONE LINERS as an ACTION AGENT, yet!

Nehh
2010-04-27, 10:44 AM
Although there is a chance that if you practice uttering witty one-liners whilst doing the other moves, the CHAMP SPARKS you get from your awesome skills will go into the WITTY ONE-LINER skill rather than COMBAT REFLEXES, which we already have enough of for an ordinary character seeing as we are an ACTION AGENT.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-27, 11:32 AM
Throw your candy corn at it to weaken it.

AgentPaper
2010-04-27, 02:43 PM
> Pretend to sweep at its leg, backflip over it, sweep it's legs from behind, and then when it attempts a counterattack, grab it by the wrecking arm, and attempt an overhead throw.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_23.png

You go through hundreds of daring martial art moves you could pull to destroy this ROGUE in an extremely satisfying manner in your head. You decide that your best course would be to make a fake leg sweep at the ROGUE's legs, stop short, and then backflip over it as it tries to avoid your fake leg sweep. Then, behind it now, you'll do the last thing it expects, a REAL leg sweep, knocking it off balance. It'll spin around and try to counter-attack with a right hook, but you'll grab it's arm and use it's temporary lack of balance to toss it over your head and through the wall to it's doom below.

> ==> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8386312&posted=1#post8386312)

AgentPaper
2010-04-27, 02:44 PM
> ==>

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_24.png

Or you could just shoot it in the face at point blank range and utter a WITTY ONE LINER.

"You're fired."

You find this ONE LINER kinda lame, but apparently the game approved of it. You gain a point of ACTION. Which is cool. Or at least you assume it is, because you don't really know what it is.

> Return to SUAVE SPY genre and investigate MYSTERIOUS MACHINE. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8395086#post8395086)

BRC
2010-04-27, 02:47 PM
>Ask MG about the GENRE GRID.

Flickerdart
2010-04-27, 02:48 PM
Shoot it in the face? Really? There wasn't even ONE backflip involved.

> Backflip over it and shoot it in the head while airborne.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-27, 02:50 PM
Shooting worked for Indiana Jones when he fought that arabian ninja guy.

Pose because you're so cool.

Mewtarthio
2010-04-27, 03:23 PM
> Return to SUAVE SPY genre and investigate MYSTERIOUS MACHINE

BRC
2010-04-27, 03:29 PM
I believe we should know more about the GENRE GRID before we start switching around willy-nilly. Our fellow players

Winterwind
2010-04-27, 03:34 PM

I believe we should know more about the GENRE GRID before we start switching around willy-nilly. Our fellow playersBut on the other hand, SM is busy and we don't want to owe MG anything. We can find out by playing! :smallcool:

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-04-27, 03:55 PM
But on the other hand, SM is busy and we don't want to owe MG anything. We can find out by playing! :smallcool:

I'd use the point of ACTION before switching. Chances are it gets wasted. But I echo the sentiment. Finding out by playing is more fun.

>Use point of ACTION to execute CONSTRUCTION MONTAGE using the two ROGUEs and the GIANT GEAR

Thanatos 51-50
2010-04-27, 04:16 PM
> Quickly ROUNDHOUSE the ROGUE into the STRANGE MACHINE before it falls down.

Winterwind
2010-04-27, 04:24 PM
I'd use the point of ACTION before switching. Chances are it gets wasted. But I echo the sentiment. Finding out by playing is more fun.Considering the two bars that show how many Action Points we have seem to be capable of holding either six or eight such points, my guess is that Action Points cause something special to happen once the bars are fully filled up.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-27, 05:23 PM
-Search room.

Last thing we need is something creeping up on us whilst we discuss this, and we might just find something.

Draconi Redfir
2010-04-27, 07:44 PM
> ACTION AGENT is kinda lame. try switching to INQUISITIVE INVESTIGATOR instead.

the "i-know-things" bonus would be useful for helping us figure out what the machine is for, and if we can build anything out of our ROGUE wreaks.

way i see it:

Suave Spy: "flexibility" bonus + stealth
Action Agent: "muscle" bonus + martial arts
Inquisitive investigator: "i-know-things" bonus + mechanic skills

each mode gives us a boost in one of our individual stats, comes with its own special abilities and skills, if we play our cards right, we can probibly use this to our advantage, swapping out between them depending on when the situaition calls for it.

then again i could be wrong.

Domochevsky
2010-04-27, 07:51 PM
> ACTION AGENT is kinda lame. try switching to INQUISITIVE INVESTIGATOR instead.

the "i-know-things" bonus would be useful for helping us figure out what the machine is for, and if we can build anything out of our ROGUE wreaks.

I think that waveform has already collapsed in picture 19. :smallwink: (Also, shouldn't we leave "building stuff" to MG, the Machinist?)

BRC
2010-04-27, 08:07 PM
I think that waveform has already collapsed in picture 19. :smallwink: (Also, shouldn't we leave "building stuff" to MG, the Machinist?)
It's possible we could unlock other Genre's later.

Selrahc
2010-04-27, 08:38 PM
It's possible we could unlock other Genre's later.

Well 2 isn't much of a grid...

It's also possible it just shows the genre being switched to and the genre being switched from.

BRC
2010-04-27, 08:45 PM
Well 2 isn't much of a grid...

It's also possible it just shows the genre being switched to and the genre being switched from.
Well yeah, but we're also just starting.

AgentPaper
2010-04-28, 07:31 PM
> Return to SUAVE SPY genre and ask MG about the GENRE GRID while investigating the STRANGE MACHINE.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_25.png

You switch back from ACTION AGENT to SUAVE SPY as the ROGUE falls backwards. Fortunately, your point of ACTION doesn't seem to be affected by the switch.

With that taken care of, you decide to get a closer look at the STRANGE MACHINE that you attached the first ROGUE to. You also check up on MG, hoping to get a hint on how the GENRE GRID works.

Chat Log:

BH: Hey MG, so I'm taking care of business down here, how're things going on your end?
MG: oh so you didnt die yet? ;P
MG: oh well only a matter of time
MG: ive actually done a bit more research on the spy
MG: since you just HAD to pick it
MG: turns out theyre more complicated than i thought
MG: because apparently they dont suck enough to begin with
BH: Yeah, I think I'm seeing parts of that now.
BH: For example, I got a point of "ACTION" after I killed this ROGUE.
BH: Although I think it was the WITTY ONE LINER I said after that actually gave me the point.
MG: yah you get that for doing "cool stuff" whatever that is
MG: like explosions and stuff i guess
MG: you also get another type of point for doing sneaky stuff
MG: and then you use them on various things like special moves
BH: Huh, interesting. I'll have to try some stuff out I guess.
MG: knock yourself out
MG: though it probably wont help you when you get in a real fight
MG: cause youre still a spy >:(
BH: Anyways, what are you working on up there?
BH: I thought I saw you had something before I left.
MG: hehehe youll see soon enough
MG: once i finish
BH: Fine, whatever.
BH: Can you at least tell me what this machine down here does?
BH: It's got one big gear on the side, and some drills or something sticking out of a hole in the top.
MG: thats probably the salvager
MG: you cant do anything with it now though
MG: need to control the fortress so it can get powered
MG: which means you have to wait until i finish this
MG: so i can totally oneshot the boss >:)
BH: Ah, I see. I guess I'll probably just keep scouting around then.
BH: You know, since I have these amazing spy powers.
BH: Then I'll order a martini on the way out, blow up some dudes and then ski off a cliff and into a helicopter, shaking hands with my good pal Moore.
BH: Maybe I'll leave a few ROGUES behind for you to clean up when you try to catch up. ;)
MG: ugh didnt you listen to a word i said
BH: What? Oh, something about how awesome the spy class was, I think.
MG: argharghargh
MG: whatever screw you :p

> Scout around with your AWESOME SPY POWERS, then order a MARTINI on the way out, blow up some DUDES and then SKI off a CLIFF, into a HELICOPTER, SHAKING HANDS with our GOOD PAL MOORE and maybe leaving some ROGUES behind for MG to clean up when she tries to catch up. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8401248#post8401248)

Draconi Redfir
2010-04-28, 07:56 PM
> Break off ARMS of BOXER ROGUE and DUAL WEILD them as MACES

Todasmile
2010-04-28, 08:23 PM
>Scout around since we have these AWESOME SPY POWERS, then order a MARTINI on the way out, blow up some DUDES and then SKI off a CLIFF and into a HELICOPTER, SHAKING HANDS with our GOOD PAL MOORE.

Maybe leave some ROGUES behind for MG to clean up when they try to catch up.

absolmorph
2010-04-28, 09:58 PM
> Break off ARMS of BOXER ROGUE and DUAL WEILD them as MACES
> Scout around since we have these AWESOME SPY POWERS, then order a MARTINI on the way out, blow up some DUDES and then SKI off a CLIFF and into a HELICOPTER, SHAKING HANDS with our GOOD PAL MOORE.

Maybe leave some ROGUES behind for MG to clean up when they try to catch up.

Flickerdart
2010-04-28, 10:49 PM
>Scout around since we have these HELICOPTERS, then order a HELICOPTER on the way out, blow up some HELICOPTERS and then HELICOPTER off a HELICOPTER and into a HELICOPTER, HELICOPTER HELICOPTER HELICOPTER.

Maybe leave some HELICOPTERS behind for MG to clean up when they try to HELICOPTER up.

chiasaur11
2010-04-28, 10:50 PM
>Scout around since we have these HELICOPTERS, then order a HELICOPTER on the way out, blow up some HELICOPTERS and then HELICOPTER off a HELICOPTER and into a HELICOPTER, HELICOPTER HELICOPTER HELICOPTER.

Maybe leave some HELICOPTERS behind for MG to clean up when they try to HELICOPTER up.

THIS

Also, convince universe you have more points of ACTION.

BRC
2010-04-29, 10:51 AM
> Sneak around as a Suave Spy, scouting out your fortress.

I wonder how many ACTION points we need to use NUKE THE SITE FROM ORBIT

Thanatos 51-50
2010-04-29, 11:45 AM
> Activate STEALTH, then go AFK and look up a SAM FISHER BUILD

BRC
2010-04-29, 12:03 PM
> Activate STEALTH, then go AFK and look up a SAM FISHER BUILD
Sam Fisher build would probably be a mix between the Suave Spy's stealth and the Action Agent's ACTION!
A pure SUAVE SPY build would probably be reffered to as a CONNERY, while a pure ACTION AGENT would be a BROSNIN, or a BORNE.

Draconi Redfir
2010-04-29, 03:52 PM
i think eavryone is forgeting about the "007 build". though the "bond girl" thing might be a bit of an issue...

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-29, 05:14 PM
-Scout around the fortress, swapping between Suave Spy and action agent as appropriate to unlock SUAVE MAN OF ACTION Gish genre

Whoever said we couldn't have it both ways? (odds are it was the big bad who wants to kill us who said it)

chiasaur11
2010-04-29, 05:33 PM
Sam Fisher build would probably be a mix between the Suave Spy's stealth and the Action Agent's ACTION!
A pure SUAVE SPY build would probably be reffered to as a CONNERY, while a pure ACTION AGENT would be a BROSNIN, or a BORNE.

So, what'd a McGoohan be?

I mean, I read about the IRON WILL bonus, but the other traits are less well documented.

Also, pure action is a DENTON. Brosnins still has points in Suave, Conneries still have points in action.

BRC
2010-04-29, 06:41 PM
i think eavryone is forgeting about the "007 build". though the "bond girl" thing might be a bit of an issue...
I mentioned 2 such builds, the CONNERY and the BROSNIN.

Though, as Chia pointed out, CONNERY still has some action, and BROSNIN does posses some SUAVE.

A pure ACTION build would probably be a DENTON or a BORNE.
Pure suave might be SOZE (Though he had some action, you cannot deny his mad SUAVE skills), or a MONTE CRISTO.

AgentPaper
2010-04-29, 07:30 PM
> Scout around with your AWESOME SPY POWERS, then order a MARTINI on the way out, blow up some DUDES and then SKI off a CLIFF, into a HELICOPTER, SHAKING HANDS with our GOOD PAL MOORE and maybe leaving some ROGUES behind for MG to clean up when she tries to catch up.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_26.png

You try to pull off a rather sophisticated maneuver you once saw this cool cat use in one of those really really old SPY FLICKS you like to watch. Unfortunately, it seems the game can't handle how COOL you are, and demands that you have more points of ACTION and SUAVE before you can use them, more than you could even store at this point.

> Break off ARMS of BOXER ROGUE and DUAL WIELD them as MACES. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8401252&posted=1#post8401252)

AgentPaper
2010-04-29, 07:31 PM
> Break off ARMS of BOXER ROGUE and DUAL WIELD them as MACES.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_27.png

Figuring you should do something more practical, you decide to break off the WRECKING GLOVES of the BOXER ROGUE you just totally pwned and use them as maces.

But it seems that this game is just out to get you like a PETTY BOND GIRL and won't let you use cool weapons! You're not even sure you DUAL WIELD in the first place.

You stash the WRECKING GLOVES into your inventory. Maybe you can find some use for them later.

> Sneak around as a SUAVE SPY, scouting out your MECHANOFORTRESS. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8401260&posted=1#post8401260)

AgentPaper
2010-04-29, 07:32 PM
> Sneak around as a SUAVE SPY, scouting out your MECHANOFORTRESS.

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_28.png

Well since all the FUN stuff you want to do isn't working, you decide to just keep looking around in SUAVE SPY mode. Outside the staircase leads down to a PARTIALLY CONSTRUCTED PLATFORM.

> ==> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8401265&posted=1#post8401265)

AgentPaper
2010-04-29, 07:33 PM
> ==>

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_29.png

The next room seems much different than the others, with a couple holes in the floor leading into the room below, including one with a ladder in it. It's a bit too dark down there, and brightly lit up here, for you to be able to see what's down there clearly though.

There's also a lot more ROGUES in here. It's a good thing you're so incredibly invisible right now, because they would gang up on you like a dirty metaphor gone horribly wrong.

But then again you'd never be caught in a fair fight.

> Move between the two GUN ROGUES... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8425816#post8425816)

Todasmile
2010-04-29, 07:45 PM
>Sneak up behind the ROGUE on top, then tip it over into one of the HOLES.

Follow with WITTY ONE-LINER.

BRC
2010-04-29, 07:48 PM
Alright, I think we've got a prime opporotunity for some serious ACTION/SUAVE points here.
I have two potential plans here, neither are official suggestions yet.
EDIT: Decision Made!
==> Move between the two Gun ROGUES and switch the ACTION AGENT, then immediately drop to the ground as soon as you become visible so they accidentally hit each other. Having done so, pull out your gun and shoot the BOXER ROGUE. Afterwards look at the corpses of the two GUN ROGUES and mention that you hate to get in between friends.
Plan 2: Sneak up behind the BOXER ROGUE and stab him, using him as a shield while you shoot the GUN ROGUES. After they're dead kindly pat the body of the BOXER ROGUE and say "Thanks for the help."

Mewtarthio
2010-04-29, 08:01 PM
A true spy is the master of psychological warfare:

> Sneak up behind ROGUE and whisper that the others are out to get him/her/it

Starbuck_II
2010-04-29, 08:19 PM
Become like a ghost and possess one of the Rogues.

Draconi Redfir
2010-04-29, 08:25 PM
> stealthally kick each ROGUE into a hole one-by-one, starting with the BOXER ROGUE

Thanatos 51-50
2010-04-30, 01:14 AM
> Sneak towards HOLE and hang from the LEDGE, then PULL OVER one of the ROGUES. When another ROGUE comes to INVESTIGATE, repeat the process. BE sure to stay in STEALTH the entire time.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-30, 04:27 AM
Plan 1: Move between the two Gun ROGUES and switch the ACTION AGENT, then immediately drop to the ground as soon as you become visible so they accidentally hit each other. Having done so, pull out your gun and shoot the BOXER ROGUE. Afterwards look at the corpses of the two GUN ROGUES and mention that you hate to get in between friends.

>This plan.

Sliver
2010-04-30, 05:27 AM
> Challenge them honorably to a duel. A card duel. Yugioh, specifically.

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-04-30, 06:12 AM
>Move between the two Gun ROGUES and switch the ACTION AGENT, then immediately drop to the ground as soon as you become visible so they accidentally hit each other. Having done so, pull out your gun and shoot the BOXER ROGUE. Afterwards look at the corpses of the two GUN ROGUES and mention that you hate to get in between friends.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-30, 06:24 AM

I bet they have halfway decent machine decks (also, I call dibs on making up our deck if we go to this... It won't be perfect, but it'll certainly have a number of the best cards in the game)

Anyway, I recommend:
-Convince the gun rogues to shoot the boxer rogue by offering to retrofit boxer rogue arms onto both of them (but force them into a binding contract of servitude to you in the process).

We need a pair of Boxer-Gun rogue henchmen- as proof of how awesome we really are.

smuchmuch
2010-04-30, 07:53 AM
>Move between the two Gun ROGUES and switch the ACTION AGENT, then immediately drop to the ground as soon as you become visible so they accidentally hit each other. Having done so, pull out your gun and shoot the BOXER ROGUE. Afterwards look at the corpses of the two GUN ROGUES and mention that you hate to get in between friends.

That plan.
is just too awesome not to try.

((yes but let's not forget that this is a MSpaintadventures inspired game so I'm pretty sure at somme point we'll just use our ultimate move as a TIME TRAVELLING AGENT while dancing the WALTZ OF INFINITY with the TROUT QUEEN in order to merge with our ALTERNATE UNIVERSE MISTRESS OF DISGUISES counterpart and becomme the ULTIMATE SUPERSPY ))

(So yeah, ... Homestuck I can more or less manage to follow, but am I the only one who think Problem sleuth went well beyong the point of ridiculousness before it mercyfully ended ?)

Starbuck_II
2010-04-30, 08:18 AM

A children's card game? That seems silly and pointless. Unless we do it on motorcycles. :smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2010-04-30, 08:33 AM

Domochevsky
2010-04-30, 10:02 AM
(So yeah, ... Homestuck I can more or less manage to follow, but am I the only one who think Problem sleuth went well beyong the point of ridiculousness before it mercyfully ended ?)

And it was pretty damn awesome all the way through. Most likely because of the ridiculousness. :smallbiggrin:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-30, 01:58 PM

Nope, but while my brain was hurting I was thinking 'This is the best thing ever'. So yeah.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-30, 05:43 PM
A children's card game? That seems silly and pointless. Unless we do it on motorcycles. :smallbiggrin:

You might have a point there (also, I need to go check whether a sub of episode 107 is up yet- but trust me, if I do have to arrange a deck for this, it will have synchro monsters as part of the beatdown- or I'll simply pull out some banned OTK for it, I mean, you don't think rogues care about the ban list do you?).

chiasaur11
2010-04-30, 05:56 PM

AS OTHERS HAVE SAID:

THIS.

Anonymoose
2010-05-01, 08:59 AM
True spies always do the unexpected!

> Jump down one of the holes.

Winterwind
2010-05-01, 09:05 AM

Whee, we could actually agree on something for once! :smallbiggrin:

AgentPaper
2010-05-01, 05:41 PM
Sorry for the late updates, there was some trouble with me getting back to my own place yesterday, but I should be back later today or early tomorrow, so hopefully we'll have an update up around then.

Jair Barik
2010-05-02, 03:32 AM
>Move between the two Gun ROGUES and switch the ACTION AGENT, then immediately drop to the ground as soon as you become visible so they accidentally hit each other. Afterwards look at the corpses of the two GUN ROGUES and mention that you hate to get in between friends. Expend a point of action to matrix dodge the BOXER ROGUE then pull out your gun and shoot it uttering witty one liner Mk2 "looks like somebody.... had a screw loose" after it dies, utilising ACTION SHADES+SUMMON THE WHO, .

AgentPaper
2010-05-03, 07:53 PM
> Move between the two GUN ROGUES...

http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/GenGame/GenGame_30.png

You sneak in between the two gun-toting ROGUES, then switch to ACTION AGENT, causing your SUIT to burst open and your TIE to tangle around your head. You're not entirely sure what's up with that.

> ...switch to ACTION AGENT and immediately drop to the ground as soon as you become visible so they accidentally hit each other... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8425824&posted=1#post8425824)