PDA

View Full Version : Divine trickster (Druid base) 3.5

TheLegendKiller
2010-04-21, 03:45 PM
Its a very under explored concept, the divine scoundrel so i thought i'd run up a druid thief mix. its almost variant beastmaster of sorts as well

Skill points per level: 6
Hit Die: d6
Menagerie Master
{table=head] Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Sneak attack +1d6, Animal companion |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Spell bond 10 feet, unexpected theives|-

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Complex tactics (snatch and grab)|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Extra animal companion (+0), Sneak attack +2d6, Spell bond 20 feet|-

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Complex tactics (Blitz)|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Spell bond 30 feet|-

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|Sneak attack +3d6, Extra animal companion (-3)|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+6|
+2|
+6|
+6|Complex tactics (discerning eyes) Spell bond 40 feet|-

9th|
+6|
+3|
+6|
+6|Masterful training|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+7|
+3|
+7|
+7|Sneak attack 4d6, extra animal companion (-6)|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

Abilities:

Animal companion: Add your menagerie master level plus three to your druid or ranger level to determine your animal companions statistics

Spell bond: Your share spells class feature (if you have it) extends to the indicated distance.

Unexpected theives: any small or smaller animal companions (see below) may make checks in the following skills (move silently, hide, sleight of hand)

using their HD for skill ranks or their own skill ranks whatever is better.

Complex tactics

Snatch and grab: at third level any companion you have may move up to its speed, make a sleight of hand attempt then move its speed again as a full round action, it takes a -2 penalty on the check.

Blitz: For every successful sleight of hand check made against one target by your animal companions previously in the same round, each such check made by one of your companions or yourself gains a +2 cumulative bonus on the check.

Discerning eyes: Your companions may make appraise checks, using their wisdom modifier instead of their intelligence, representing intense training and an instinctual understanding of value. This uses the same skill ranks as the skills granted by unexpected theives.

Extra animal companion: You gain an additional animal companion, using the shown modifier to your effective druid level, this does not factor in the +3 bonus you receive on your original animal companion

Masterful training: Your animal companions use your skill ranks on appraise, hide, move silently, and sleight of hand checks rather than their previous value, unless the previous value was better. In addition they gain a bonus on such checks equal to your relevant ability modifier

Requirements:
Skills: move silently 8 ranks, hide 8 ranks, appraise 4 ranks, sleight of hand 8 ranks
Spells: 2rd level divine spells
Special: animal companion that is small or smaller

TheLegendKiller
2010-04-22, 08:32 AM
I would love to have any constructive criticism you can give me....

ryleah
2010-04-22, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure anyone would be willing to dip into a prestige class to gain 4d6 sneak attack and a couple of skill tricks at the expense of 9th level spells and 10 levels of wildshape. I think you could capture the same feel as this class if you made the complex tactics into animal companion tricks, and stuck with the normal druid

TheLegendKiller
2010-04-22, 12:23 PM
The thing is there is not a single class that captures the flavor of a divine oriented theif, except maybe temple raider of olidamarra, this is meant to reconcile Druid and rogue progression while brining light to the concept of a common fantasy archetype, someone who uses animals to steal items. Its not meant for power or full out combat potential, those kinds of campaigns are contrary to the nature of the class. What this is meant for is puzzle or story oriented campaigns.