PDA

View Full Version : Exalted; Lunars

Tavar
2010-04-21, 05:56 PM
Well, I recently bought the MoEP: Lunars, and am in the process of making a Lunar for a game. Some of it's pretty straight forward, but the Charm/knack thing is a bit more troublesome, especially since the setup and theme of the charms is very different than it is for Solars(the other book I have). So, I thought that I'd ask the forums for some help.
These are the houserules we're working under, and please do note the alternate Lunar creation method.
Another alternate Creation! Yay! But this time, the Lunars rule instead of the Dragon-blooded, and you are Lunars on the side of the returning Solars. For this game, I will take no fewer than three Lunars, and possibly a single Solar, Sidereal and Terrestrial, up to a total of six players.

There are a few house rules due to the nature of the setting as well as my personal preferences.

- Everyone gets 25 xp to start with.
- The original five Lunar Castes from the First Age still exist, and there are no moonsilver tattoos. Which also means there are no tattoo artifacts, no Wyld limit, no chimeras and no immunity to physical shaping effects.
- All Lunars have one extra dot of artifact made of moonsilver, free of charge (so if you have three dots in artifact, you can have a 4-dot artifact, as long as it is made out of moonsilver, or a three-dot non-moonsilver artifact and a one-dot moonsilver artifact).
- Lunar Exalted use these (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Peter_Schaefer_on_Lunar_Character_ Generation) character generation rules.
- All PC Lunars have 4 dots of Solar Bond, free of charge, and can raise it to 5 for the cost of one background dot or bonus point.
- Essence 3 (and only Essence 3) costs 5 points for Solars (and Abyssals and Infernals, if they are allowed) and 7 points for other Exalted.
- All Dragon-blooded get EITHER one free dot in War and one dot in Archery, Martial Arts, Melee or Thrown OR one free dot in Socialize and one dot in Investigation, Performance or Presence.
- Solars (and Abyssals) get 5 free Excellencies chosen from their Caste and Favored Abilities, Sidereals and Dragon-blooded get 4 free Excellencies chosen from their Aspect, Auspicious and Favored Abilities, and Lunars get 2 free Excellencies chosen from their Caste and Favored Attributes. You can only have one free Excellency per Ability or Attribute. (Infernals, if they are allowed, will have all current and future purchases of First [their Caste's patron Yozi] Excellency for free.)
- New fields of Craft can be opened by paying the cost of a one-dot Craft specialty. Anyone who buys dots in Craft starts with one free field.
- There are only 9 fields of Craft: Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Wood, Glamour, Magitech, Vitriol and Genesis. Any other Craft ability either uses another Craft, the lower of Craft and another ability, or Lore.
- Sorcery and necromancy initiation Charms grant one spell of the appropriate circle for free.
- Flaws are allowed on a provisional and case-by-case basis.
- Artifact reinforced breastplate costs 2 dots, while artifact articulated plate and superheavy plate cost 3 dots.
- Homebrew Charms are allowed on a case-by-case basis as long as you provide me the source and ask for my approval.

For the Game, I'm planning on submitting a Waning Moon Lunar, with Focused/Caste attributes Strength, Dexterity, Manipulation, and Wits. Primary Physical, Secondary Mental, and Tertiary Social. Going to focus on Melee(probably the favored ability), Stealth, and Larceny, with some Dodge, Athletics, Awareness, and Investigation being side focuses.

For my spirit Shape, I'm thinking of going as a Condor, or some type of scavenger bird, though I need to talk to the ST about that, as I'm not sure of the stats, or if any of the special knacks would be needed.

Currently, equipment wise, he's going to go sword and board, using that example shield from Odenal's Codex, and most liely a reaper Dailave, though if someone has a better suggestion for 1 handed weapons, I'm open to them.