PDA

View Full Version : Dastana and such special material

Escheton
2010-04-21, 06:37 PM
for a somewhat arcane gish with a Chain Shirt, Dastana and Chahar-Aina.

the shirt is going to be mithril, with mithrilmist later on maybe.

the other 2 perhaps as well though I wonder if the full light armor price is appropriate.
And if glass-steel is better or perhaps some other I can't think of right now.

The idea is to make the dastana's offensive with poison spikes and other offensive armor enchantments. Preferably ones you can turn off.
(can the poison spikes from BoVD be enchanted separately btw?)

The Chahar-Aina wil be +1 with spell resist depending on lvl and cash available.

I also plan to use glyph seals a bit seeing I can make the dc 35 search check.
How big are those? How many can fit on a dastana designed with nifty runic symbols so you can press the right glyph?

And are there any lvl 1 and 2 anti magic or magic user spells that I could put on the chahar-aina? besides buzzing bee...

elonin
2010-04-21, 08:34 PM
Unless I'm mistaken destana are a shield item that attach to chain shirt etc from the shoulders. The way I'm imagining it makes it difficult to imagine shield bash using that. Though spikes would be useful against someone who is grappling you.

Escheton
2010-04-21, 08:46 PM
it counts as armor I think. Its basicly bracers that are beefy enough to give a armorbonus in and of itself.
And I wield a guisarme, so bracerbeating them up close makes sense.

the other piece indeed gets worn over a chain shirt or leather.

Escheton
2010-04-22, 08:58 AM
bump...seriously some advice would be great

arguskos
2010-04-22, 11:41 AM
Dastana give a shield bonus to AC, but do not count as an actual shield as far as I can tell logically. It's like putting spikes on a Gnomish War Cloak (also gives a shield bonus to AC), which is patently ridiculous.

Now, what you could do is get some gauntlets and fluff them as being extensions of your dastana. That would make more sense and be mechanically much better.

Escheton
2010-04-23, 08:29 PM
the gauntlets are reserved for impaling goodness and parrying and defending

how do dastana's and bucklers mix?

how about dastana's, bucklers and one of those floaty towershields?

can you just have all 3 and enchant them different, get 4 ac shieldbonus and 1x the enhancementbonus and just add usefull enchantments where needed?