PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Maddness

Geiger Counter
2010-04-21, 07:01 PM
Okay, am I nuts or is did they nowhere mention how beholder eye grafts work?
Also what's with the no afterlife thing, do aberrations not have souls?

CockroachTeaParty
2010-04-21, 07:17 PM
...As a thorough reader of Lords of Madness, I don't know what exactly you're talking about.

First of all, Beholder eye grafts are not detailed in Lords of Madness. They are in a Forgotten Realms book, I believe. Most of the illithid grafts are likewise in Fiend Folio, not in LoM.

As for the afterlife...

Illithids specifically get absorbed by elder brains when they die. Otherwise, nowhere does it explain what happens to aberrant souls. It's up to the DM, really. A beholder soul might go to Hell, the Far Realm, or another fitting place.

Aboleths live forever unless killed by violence. Again, most lower planes would be happy to have an aboleth soul, and there's even colonies of hellish aboleths in one of the layers of Baator.

The Tsochari are very religious, and probably join their patron in the Far Realm. The same probably applies to grell. Neogi probably wind up in hell, as befits their LE nature.

Arcane_Secrets
2010-04-24, 10:33 PM
They're exceptionally old, but I'm pretty sure that in an old dragon magazine the neogi had deities. This wasn't included at all in Lords of Madness howeve.

Harperfan7
2010-04-25, 01:33 AM
Beholders and illithids both have patron deities (the great mother and ilsensine, respectively) so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't have afterlives after their bodies die.

hamishspence
2010-04-25, 04:19 AM
While Beholders are Lawful, the Great Mother is Chaotic- and resides in the Abyss.

Which is a little odd.

In earlier editions Ilsensine's home plane was the Outlands- I'm not sure if it still is.

rayne_dragon
2010-04-25, 08:48 AM
While Beholders are Lawful, the Great Mother is Chaotic- and resides in the Abyss.

Which is a little odd.

I guess She's a little aberrant in her alignment.

pffh
2010-04-25, 09:05 AM
I guess She's a little aberrant in her alignment.

http://instantsfun.es/csi

*Cough' Don't judge me.