PDA

View Full Version : FLGS PvP Combat Arena [3.5]

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-21, 07:32 PM
I was considering trying to start a combat arena in my FLGS, but first I want to ask the playground if the rules I plan to suggest seems good.

Combats at ECL 1, 6, 11, 16 and 20 (The un-even levels so that Full BAB's and spontaneous casters get their itteratives and/or higher spell levels.

All sources allowed (unless the combatants decide otherwise)

32 stat point buy

Might try to introduce special combats (gestalt combat, monsters vs monsters, no casters, no melee etc)

Also I am going to PM the Arena manager to ask if he would be kind enough to lend me their arenas.

So does anyone have some comments, suggestions? Experiences to share in case of a similar ideas?

Thanks in advance

The Glyphstone
2010-04-21, 08:46 PM
In before Test of Spite ruleset?

You should take a look at it...it's extremely extensive, but squashes a good chunk of the potential cheese down flat.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-21, 08:49 PM
In before Test of Spite ruleset?

You should take a look at it...it's extremely extensive, but squashes a good chunk of the potential cheese down flat.

I'll check it, but I am not sure if I will even get the arena going on. I posted the idea on the FGLS forum, so I am waiting responses:smallwink:

Eurus
2010-04-21, 08:51 PM
I was considering trying to start a combat arena in my FLGS, but first I want to ask the playground if the rules I plan to suggest seems good.

Combats at ECL 1, 6, 11, 16 and 20 (The un-even levels so that Full BAB's and spontaneous casters get their itteratives and/or higher spell levels.

All sources allowed (unless the combatants decide otherwise)

32 stat point buy

Might try to introduce special combats (gestalt combat, monsters vs monsters, no casters, no melee etc)

Also I am going to PM the Arena manager to ask if he would be kind enough to lend me their arenas.

So does anyone have some comments, suggestions? Experiences to share in case of a similar ideas?

Thanks in advance

Odd levels kind of hose spontaneous casters, at least those that aren't using Greater Draconic Rite of Passage and Loredrake.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-21, 08:59 PM
Odd levels kind of hose spontaneous casters, at least those that aren't using Greater Draconic Rite of Passage and Loredrake.

considering the proposed levels are all even, I see no such problem