PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Optimization final touches: Rocket Punch Transformer

Coplantor
2010-04-21, 10:26 PM
Hello playground, I'm going to start a campaign anytime soon, and I need your help with my character, I'll tell you what I've got so far.

We houseruled that you start lvl 1 with three feats and you get a new one at every odd level.

????? The Warforged Warblade (he's got no name cause the party will give him one after they find him)

Lvl 1

STR 18 DEX 14 CON 20 INT 16 WIS 10 CHA 12

Weapon of choice: Natural Attack (The DM allows me to take Superior Unarmed Strike to enhace damage at higher levels)

Armor of Choice: Adamntine Body

Starting Feats:
Adamantine Body
Jaws of Death
Power Attack
Point Blank Shot (traded for the flaw that gives me a -3 will penalty, I know, way sub optimal, but it's a key part to roleplaying the character)

Special abilities: Alter Self, but only into memorized forms, I have 1d4/level memorized forms and those forms must be animated objects. (I'm going to be a CAR!). This was traded for a +1 LA (we use LA buy off anyway)

The idea is to get into the Bloodstorm blade PrC. My DM allowed me to "throw" my punches as ROCKET PUNCHES!

at lvl 3 I'll be taking Improved Bullrush and by lvl 5 Shock Trooper, Leap Attack is my 7th level feat. Dont know what to do with the Warblade bonus feat.

Anyway, good maneuvers to take? I know I'll be taking Moment of Perfect Mind, I mean, sheesh, I've got a -3 will save!
I will most likely take the maneuver that allows me to use anattack instead of AC to defend after the shock trooper thing.

Question, should I takeadaptative style instead of Jaws of Death and leave that one for later in the build? (ROCKET HEAD!)

Also, equipment? I already have my weapon and armor, so what would be useful for a robot like me :smalltongue:?

EDIT: Oh! And skills, yeah, balance, jump, concentration, diplomacy, tumble aaaaand...? I need two more

The Rabbler
2010-04-21, 10:48 PM
how about repair and know(something)? they're always useful.

as for maneuvers, you might want to look into some of the white raven stuff to make your charges more fun. also, definitely get iron heart surge. it's easily one of the most useful maneuvers in the book.

let's see... what else? as a bloodstorm blade you can throw around iron heart maneuvers on your weapons, so it might be a good idea to pick up a bunch of those. also, when you get to level 15, you might find it fun to pick up the devoted spirit stance: Undying fortitude. no death by hit point damage. you'll need to grab martial study three times and martial stance to pick it up, but it's worth it in the end. especially for that extra robot feel.

Coplantor
2010-04-22, 07:08 AM
Repair seems reasonable, gotta heal those hit points somehow.

I really dont knw what to do with the equipment, I mean, there's a lot of adventuring gear, but I dont really know what to get