PDA

View Full Version : If I could be any character (3.5)...

Wonton
2010-04-21, 10:46 PM
This question's pretty simple...

So our campaign finished, and my DM's already confirmed there'll be a new one starting in September.

I either have the choice of returning as my 7th-level Wizard (who was decently fun to play, though I expected better), or making a brand-new character.

The question, then: If I want to make a new character, what character should I make?

Think of it as brainstorming - at the moment, my mind is only cycling the same three tired old character concepts (Sneaky Rogue, Powerful Wizard, Raging Barbarian), all of which I've played already. So I want to get the creative juices flowing. :D

Edit: Allowed books - Core + Complete series + Spell and Magic Item Compendiums + Psionics (hasn't clarified whether that means PH, XPH...). None of this factotum stuff (apparently it's from Dungeonscape? Never heard of it...).

Devils_Blind
2010-04-21, 10:50 PM
Um... You may want to give more information. What are you class preferences? What kind of world do you think he'll run? What will the other players run? What will .... blah blah blah. Really. We need information to give useful suggestions.

The Rabbler
2010-04-21, 10:54 PM
wizards are fun. warblades are fun. uberchargers are fun. pick something you really want to play. is there anything that you've been meaning to try out? a factotum perhaps? or you could challenge yourself and make a truenamer. :smallbiggrin:

Wonton
2010-04-21, 11:03 PM
Well I'm not really saying "build a character for me".

Think of it as more like brainstorming - at the moment, my mind is only cycling the same three tired old character concepts (Sneaky Rogue, Powerful Wizard, Raging Barbarian), all of which I've played already. So I want to get the creative juices flowing.

Devils_Blind
2010-04-21, 11:18 PM
Well, if you're pretty familiar with the rules, start building a binder, find the part that appeals most to you, and then turn that into a character, either with or without binder levels. (The vestiges binders use are pretty archetypal d&d roles, and usually inspire me at least to think about new characters and histories.)

Elsewise:
A swashbuckling barbarian, who lost his way at sea.
A wizard who casts only alliterative spells.
Rogue w/ no ranks in MS or Hide, just a pure con-man.
A sorcerer who's powers are granted to him by his familiar.
A druid with a wooden collar and a marble chain.
A soldier who wants out of the war, it turns out he was on the wrong side.
An man with a pact with the devil, running away from a loophole.
A fighter who has never killed a man, but really wants to.
A man who remembers everything.
A man who accidentally cursed his own true name.
A gnome whose dreams are breaking into reality from the plane of shadow.

The Rabbler
2010-04-21, 11:25 PM
you could be a master thrower, or a factotum (those are useful for anything), or a justicar, or a druid (lots of fun without much required forethought), or a blender (dervish/tempest/ranger/thri-kreen).

or you could do as Devils_Blind suggested and start with a binder then see where you want to go from there. in fact, do that. that'll let you get a feel for just about everything you can do and for what is appealing right now.

The Rabbler
2010-04-21, 11:26 PM
A man who accidentally cursed his own true name.

please tell me this is a pun on the truenamer.

Dust
2010-04-21, 11:35 PM
A bard who is more like a laid-back beatnik than an adventurer, clad in a beret and dark glasses and carries his set of drums slung over one shoulder.
A class/race combination that raises a few eyebrows, such as a Troll or Half-Fiend Paladin.
Heck, let's combine the two for a Troll Bard who pays the flute to such jolly, inspiring tunes as Smash Those who Oppose Us.
A halfling with an unusual love/hate relationship with his 5-foot pole.
A cleric of an obscure faith, who must carry his holy scriptures around with him at all times....about thirty lbs of parchment. Sometimes it is set on fire accidently.
A charitable rogue who refuses to steal.
Awakened animal anything.
A half-orc who specializes in improvised weapons, his primary weapon of choice being a wooden door that he hauls around and uses as a tower shield.
A sorceror with a fear of germs.

Malificus
2010-04-22, 12:10 AM
Try one of these:

an awakened wizard cat with a human familiar who carries the book.
A barbarian who treats his rage as a mental illness. Like he's being overcome with hysteria.
A female dwarven druid, who slowly comes to the realization that her doubly impossible presence is completely unnatural, and comes to fear it may unbalance the world.
THE ULTIMATE DISCIPLE: A person who takes 1 level (and only 1) in every full BAB class he can, in an effort to learn every fighting style in the world, and because he loves training.

EDIT FOR MORE:

A Rogue Scholar (perhaps expert would be an appropriate class) from RIFTS Earth who got rifted to this dimension and now has to adjust to life in this lower tech (though much safer) world.
A completely disgusting Paladin who uses disease as a weapon, so that even if he fails in an attack against say, an enemy camp, they will all be weakened by disease so that others who come to stop them will have an easier time.

Wonton
2010-04-22, 12:37 AM
Great suggestions, everyone! They don't have to only be character concepts, I'll take fluff OR crunch. So "A man who made a pact with the devil, and is now running away" (loved that one, by the way!) is just as good as "Swashbuckler 1/Rogue 3/Ranger 1/Master Thrower 2".

Malificus
2010-04-22, 12:51 AM
Forgot some.

Drow male who has left his old life to live above ground. He finds casual conversation with women off putting, and is paranoid of nice women. He finds the lack of people trying to kill him in his sleep, while he's walking around or poisoning his food and drinks hilarious. And he stays up here because despite the sun, it is much safer here. I'd try keeping his alignment (if you care about such things) more neutral or evil.

Illuminati Gnome

A [race] from the elemental plane of [race] (i.e. an elf from the elemental plane of elves, or a half-orc from the elemental plane of half-orcs). Obviously needs full paragon class.

Divide by Zero
2010-04-22, 12:52 AM
Warforged warlock who is actually a gnome in an Iron Man style power suit.

absolmorph
2010-04-22, 01:03 AM
Are you allowed to start with stuff that you can get using your skills? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7097263&postcount=38)

Dr.Epic
2010-04-22, 01:15 AM
Reuse your wizard. You had to have had fun play and making him. Also, making a new character will take time and originality and who really has that?

Wonton
2010-04-22, 01:30 AM
absolmorph, I think I would die of suffocation by cheese if I used the build you linked me to. :P

Dr. Epic, thanks for being the first to suggest that. That's definitely option #1 for me, I think. I still really want to play a wizard, it's just that for some reason, he seemed underpowered in this campaign... possibly because it mostly happened at level 4 and below, and 6-7 is really where wizards start to shine.

Pluto
2010-04-22, 01:31 AM
RAGE MAGE

because it's hilarious.

Jon_Dahl
2010-04-22, 01:33 AM
Human fighter. Everything core only, but traits and flaws from UA are recommended IF allowed.

Go for it!

absolmorph
2010-04-22, 01:45 AM
absolmorph, I think I would die of suffocation by cheese if I used the build you linked me to. :P

Dr. Epic, thanks for being the first to suggest that. That's definitely option #1 for me, I think. I still really want to play a wizard, it's just that for some reason, he seemed underpowered in this campaign... possibly because it mostly happened at level 4 and below, and 6-7 is really where wizards start to shine.
Pft, it's 75% commoner. How bad could it be :smalltongue:
Seriously, the only really cheesy part is the +7 item for Handle Animal.

Wonton
2010-04-22, 01:51 AM
Hmm... rage mage + bear warrior? "You... won't like me... WHEN I'M ANGRY!!!" *transforms into a massive bear and begins slinging spells*

Jon Dahl, if I was gonna do any melee character, I'd probably do Knight from PHB II. I'm looking at it at the moment, and it looks really fun. Probably quite underpowered in actual gameplay, but tanking it out and challenging enemies to 1-on-1 with massive HP and AC sounds like fun.

absolmorph, it's more like I refuse to do anything that would make me so overpowered that the rest of the party wouldn't be having fun anymore. :P

absolmorph
2010-04-22, 02:03 AM
You're not over-powered, your PETS are overpowered :smallwink:
Alternatively, raise them, convince someone to be a mounted uber-charger and let that guy use it as a mount. And let other melee characters use 'em as mounts. Team work!

I approve of your avoidance of over-shadowing the other players, though. I'd say either stick with your wizard (if that wasn't overly powerful) or play something that looks interesting to you.

Roc Ness
2010-04-22, 02:11 AM
Try this Chameleon Base Class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90955&highlight=chameleon).

Now play a changeling, and go out there and be all those suggestions. :smallbiggrin:

Just not all at the same time, of course.

Vizzerdrix
2010-04-22, 04:08 AM
A Druid who sees animals as horrid nightmare critters, but looks upon Aberrations with love and affection. (I know the feats to get the animal companion and the Wild Shape to pull this off)

Wings of Peace
2010-04-22, 04:43 AM
What campaign books/monster manuals do you have? Because if you can find a way to play a changeling then you can PRC early into Warshaper. Personally I like the flavor of a changeling who learns to turn their racial ability to change shape into a weapon.

Wonton
2010-04-22, 07:21 AM
The books are in the OP.

I came up with two really interesting concepts for characters.
For the first... does anyone know a prestige class or feat solely dedicated to fighting with your eyes closed/without eyes? Obviously, Blind-Fight, but that doesn't quite remove all the penalties.

The second was Hexblade 4/Knight 16, which, with high Con, high Cha, and Force of Personality, is pretty much immune to all magic (average Reflex save, but those tend only to do damage anyway, and d12 hit die + high Con should absorb that nicely). I calculated somewhere around +17 on Will saves against spells... at 7th level. O_o

Foryn Gilnith
2010-04-22, 07:52 AM
There's an item in the MIC that takes away your vision in exchange for either Blindsense or Blindsight 60 feet. A build using that might get somewhere.

Coplantor
2010-04-22, 07:58 AM
Undead psionic head on a stick. Because you always wanted to play a magic wand.

A familiar oriented character seems like fun, that hexblade/knight of yours seems capable of it. Take the feat that grants you a familiar and then improved familiar. Your familiar uses 1/2 your hit points and your BAB. So, full BAB + a good amount of hp = a decent familiar. Take a humanoid one like the lesser earth elemental, it can speak, it's got hands so it can use magic items, you can give it an armor and weapons.

Volthawk
2010-04-22, 08:41 AM
Maybe swap the adjectives of your concepts around?

Like swap out the Powerful from Wizard for Sneaky Wizard. Maybe make an illusionist?

Escheton
2010-04-22, 09:07 AM
knight crusader mix-up

sub op
but being a crusading knight is pretty neat. And this guy wont die as easily as the fighter's that tried it in the old days.

Stryke
2010-04-22, 09:15 AM
One concept i've been planning on playing at the next opertunity is an undead PC from libris mortis. personally i'd play a Morg trying to atone for his sins but then again i think their awsome creatures. Plus it has twenty levels so if you can come up with a decent back story it's essentially another character class with prerequisite undead.
Say an evil cleric created him or something then you rebelled and killed him after seeing him commit some attrocity.

Coplantor
2010-04-22, 09:19 AM
One concept i've been planning on playing at the next opertunity is an undead PC from libris mortis. personally i'd play a Morg trying to atone for his sins but then again i think their awsome creatures. Plus it has twenty levels so if you can come up with a decent back story it's essentially another character class with prerequisite undead.
Say an evil cleric created him or something then you rebelled and killed him after seeing him commit some attrocity.

Yeah, a twenty level class made to emulate a CR 8 creature. Honestly, I always wanted to play one, but only if it is a gestalt campaig or if the rest of the party is made of true namers.

Escheton
2010-04-22, 09:38 AM
Its a cr 8 creature because it can be overcome decently by a group of around 4 to 5 lvl 8 pcs with lvl 8 loot.

This is partly because he doesnt get 6 4d6-lowestd6 rolls for stats and loot.
And tends not to play his strengths and compensate his weaknesses and is otherwise usually not played smart(partly due to creauture int and such).

A pc version would be much stronger. Though not as strong as a fully optimised character of course. Then again...dude...duh

Amiel
2010-04-22, 09:41 AM
Be a chicken-infested Commoner?

Coplantor
2010-04-22, 09:49 AM
Having PC sats wont change much, what, he gets a small increase in damage? The moment in wich you get the paralyzing touch and it's DC is a joke.
And I hardly believe that magic items will compensate for 12 levels.
Not having a CON score hurts a lot for a monster that it's supposed to be a melee character, I cant quite remember how many HD you had by 20th level, I think it was 13, wich means that you are two feats and 7 ranks behind the party. Your average hp would be 90, a wizard with a +2 con bonus by level 20 average hp is 91.
Your BAB at level 20 would be 9. You have no armor proficiency so you would have to spend at least one of your 5 (6 if human) feats to properly use light armor.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry, I was reading the Aberration entry, no, your BAB as an undead with 13 HD would be 6

Ossian
2010-04-22, 09:56 AM
You want a Green Beret. You want John Rambo, you know you do. So yay for a scout (level one for whoopping loads of skill points, mobility, slightly better light-armor AC, sudden strike) and Ranger for feats and combat durability, going for no-spells variants. Dip-2 in fighter if you have to.

Focuses? Survival, close combat fighting, martial arts or grappling, with a big-a** knife, archery combat style for a shower of arrows since you won´t have access to an M-60 (I suppose...'cause that'd be sweet, just saying). He DID use a sweet compound bow, come to think of it... :smallbiggrin:

Rambo: I could have killed 'em all, I could kill you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go....

Stryke
2010-04-22, 10:38 AM
Having PC sats wont change much, what, he gets a small increase in damage? The moment in wich you get the paralyzing touch and it's DC is a joke.
And I hardly believe that magic items will compensate for 12 levels.
Not having a CON score hurts a lot for a monster that it's supposed to be a melee character, I cant quite remember how many HD you had by 20th level, I think it was 13, wich means that you are two feats and 7 ranks behind the party. Your average hp would be 90, a wizard with a +2 con bonus by level 20 average hp is 91.
Your BAB at level 20 would be 9. You have no armor proficiency so you would have to spend at least one of your 5 (6 if human) feats to properly use light armor.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry, I was reading the Aberration entry, no, your BAB as an undead with 13 HD would be 6

By level twenty he would have: an AC of 23-27 depending on starting stats. A slam attack with +7-13 damage depending on starting stats. and thats with absolulty no equipment, two feats and the AC goes even higher and he's doing 1D12+7-13 damage. Sure other classes might be better but that aint nothing to shake a stick at plus he can start making zombies. So the lack of armour proficency kinda balances itself out and the zombies can soak up the missing HD in damage. That still leaves three feats and his skills. may not be the most optimized build but i think its good. plus he'll get the undead racial bonuses, but those are kinda balanced by the undead racial penalties
Also BAB at level 20 is +7,not trying to nitpick or anythin but thats what the book says

Coplantor
2010-04-22, 10:52 AM
By level twenty he would have: an AC of 23-27 depending on starting stats. A slam attack with +7-13 damage depending on starting stats. and thats with absolulty no equipment, two feats and the AC goes even higher and he's doing 1D12+7-13 damage. Sure other classes might be better but that aint nothing to shake a stick at plus he can start making zombies. So the lack of armour proficency kinda balances itself out and the zombies can soak up the missing HD in damage. That still leaves three feats and his skills. may not be the most optimized build but i think its good. plus he'll get the undead racial bonuses, but those are kinda balanced by the undead racial penalties
Also BAB at level 20 is +7,not trying to nitpick or anythin but thats what the book says

Really? 1d12 + 7-13? Average of that is 13 - 19, how is that, at lvl anything good?
20 con dwarven barbarian with improved toughness starts with 18 hp, 20 while raging.
A 20th level rogue, wich will most likely have it's good amount of resources to sneak attack pretty much every round deals 35 points of damage on average from it's sneak attack per attack!
The rogue BAB at lvl 20 is 15, with magic weapons, dex/str bonuses that can easily be turned into a 22-25.
The Morgh character crumbles to dust when he reaches 0 hp, something that a meleer character with an average of 90 hit points will most likely suffer.
And the list goes on

I love the morgh, I really love it, but the monster class is weak.

Stryke
2010-04-22, 11:06 AM
I love the morgh, I really love it, but the monster class is weak.

Yeah but then again if you read the book properly, it says that its intended to be added to another class for instance a morg barbarian. so while it can be played as a player class its ment for things like when you die and the party cleric raises you as a morg as apposed to just resurecting you, or thats how i interpret it. that means if you were a fighter before you keep you armour profiencies but now get a natural AC bonus to boot.
i was just throwing it out there as its something i'm gonna try at some point and he said he wanted to try something new.
one thing though is that it's a bit ambiguous as to how you become a morg. it says a morg is the undead form of a horrifiyinglly evil person, but do they just becom a morg when they die or is it when you try to animate thier body you get a morg instead of what you wanted, but then the create undead spell lets you just raise one for any body, which raises the question is it possible to raise a Morg from a paladins body which would be sickeningly ironic

Coplantor
2010-04-22, 11:11 AM
I see it as a curse, the morgh character I wanted to play was a murderous elven warrior who died in battle and was cursed by the gods and they raised him as a morgh. One evil pact or two and he becamed a gestalt Warlock/Morgh that after a while went looking for atonemnt.

Yeah, the idea is to add it to a class, but once you start you have to go through the 20 levels, ou cant multiclass untill you are done with it, and what you get for spending 20 levels on it is nothing near good compared to what you lose. And then the WotC guys make some of the undead classes even more crapier by giving you the option of playing a necropolitan a few pages after.

Escheton
2010-04-22, 11:40 AM
wow dude, a negative energy variant crusader-cleric-ruby knight/morgh gestalt.
hmm...yummy

Coplantor
2010-04-22, 11:42 AM
wow dude, a negative energy variant crusader-cleric-ruby knight/morgh gestalt.
hmm...yummy

Yummy indeed, we have reached an agreement my friend:smalltongue:

Starbuck_II
2010-04-22, 11:46 AM
Yeah but then again if you read the book properly, it says that its intended to be added to another class for instance a morg barbarian. so while it can be played as a player class its ment for things like when you die and the party cleric raises you as a morg as apposed to just resurecting you, or thats how i interpret it. that means if you were a fighter before you keep you armour profiencies but now get a natural AC bonus to boot.

Wait, are you saying it says you are gestalt?

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-22, 01:05 PM
Personally, I'd be either my Killoren Druid (see my signature) or a Half-Elf Half-Drow Archivist/Paragonistic Apostle/Sovereign Speaker/Contemplative with Legendary, Otherworldly, Hollow, and Knowledge Devotion

Wonton
2010-04-22, 05:59 PM
I came up with an interesting concept for a villain while looking at the Avenging Executioner Class (Complete Scoundrel) - Ninja 4/Fighter 2/Avenging Executioner 5. As a child, all his family members were killed by X, who also stabbed out his eyes, so now he fights blind, hunts X, and attempts to blind him/them as revenge.

With the Blindfold of True Darkness (thanks Foryn Gilnith), he'll get Blindsight out to 30 ft. Pump ranks and magic into Listen so he can "see" further. Get the feat that stacks fighter and ninja levels, then use the ninja's "go invisible" ability to Sudden Strike all over the place.

I was originally trying to make a character, but finally gave up, realizing this would be terribly suited to a PC. Especially since the Avenging Executioner class abilities only affect creatures with less HD than you.

The Knight/Hexblade still has me interested though...

Severus
2010-04-22, 06:13 PM
A doppleganger Rogue Con-man. "But sir, your brother... Samuel sent me to get the money. he needs it to pay for an operation for his... son Jack."

Sydonai
2010-04-22, 06:14 PM
If no-one has mentioned it, be a Pseudodragon Sorcerer with a Pseudodragon familiar.

Severus
2010-04-22, 06:36 PM
If no-one has mentioned it, be a Pseudodragon Sorcerer with a Pseudodragon familiar.

That is so Kinky....

Galileo
2010-04-22, 06:39 PM
One of my favourite character concepts is the one my friend is playing in our current campaign: a dwarven druid with Durkon's total fear of trees. Unfortunately, our adventures thus far have only been set in Sharn, so we haven't encountered any of them leafy wankers. I am really looking forward to when we do.

Forever Curious
2010-04-22, 06:55 PM
Gnome Beguiler PrC into Shadowcraft Mage (if allowed) at 8th level.

Or changeling beguiler into Mindbender.

Or human beguiler with Vow of Nonviolence.

Or halfling sorcerer into Luckstealer.

...just a few of my favorite suggestions.

Wonton
2010-04-22, 11:19 PM
Gnome Beguiler PrC into Shadowcraft Mage (if allowed) at 8th level.

Or changeling beguiler into Mindbender.

Or human beguiler with Vow of Nonviolence.

Or halfling sorcerer into Luckstealer.

...just a few of my favorite suggestions.

Actually, the Beguiler HAS been on my mind lately... I don't really get them. Has anyone ever played one and can explain their role to me?

Where's the Luckstealer from, it sounds kind of awesome? On a similar topic, I had ideas for just a lucky character, use Fortune's Friend from Complete Scoundrel, take every single Luck feat, a level of Cleric for the luck domain... but what would the base class be... Rogue? Fighter?

Divide by Zero
2010-04-22, 11:25 PM
Goblin werekitten assassin.

Roc Ness
2010-04-22, 11:45 PM
Where's the Luckstealer from, it sounds kind of awesome? On a similar topic, I had ideas for just a lucky character, use Fortune's Friend from Complete Scoundrel, take every single Luck feat, a level of Cleric for the luck domain... but what would the base class be... Rogue? Fighter?

The Rogue Variant from UA that gets fighter feats.

Wonton
2010-04-22, 11:58 PM
The Rogue Variant from UA that gets fighter feats.

But Luck feats can't be taken as Fighter bonus feats, I'm pretty sure...

Malificus
2010-04-23, 12:14 AM

UA Generic Warrior then.

Roc Ness
2010-04-23, 01:37 AM

Yeah, but three or four fighter feats are gonna do a world more good than ~3d6 sneak attack. Something foolproof to fall back on when luck doesn't work.

Wonton
2010-04-23, 01:48 AM
So regular fighter stuff for the bonus feats, and Luck feats for 1,3,6,9?... Interesting. This character would probably be quite boring to play, though...

Pluto
2010-04-23, 01:51 AM
So regular fighter stuff for the bonus feats, and Luck feats for 1,3,6,9?... Interesting. This character would probably be quite boring to play, though...

With Rogue skills? You're doing something wrong.

Wonton
2010-04-23, 02:23 AM
With Rogue skills? You're doing something wrong.

Now I'm confused. :smallconfused:
I've never actually read these UA variants (and it's Core + Complete only, anyway), which probably has something to do with it.

Roc Ness
2010-04-23, 04:45 AM

Make a swashbuckler. Put max ranks in Jump, Tumble, Bluff, Diplomacy and Sleight of Hand. Realise how often you can use these to your advantage with interesting results.

the humanity
2010-04-23, 09:28 AM
make a fighter/sorcerer gish with 5 levels of mindspy.

take Knowledge Devotion.

be the ultimate insightful warrior.

Escheton
2010-04-23, 12:07 PM
the beguiler is the one that can blast and lob spells and such in the middle of a market square and noone gets hurt but all the bad guys are either your bitch or knocked out.

the beguiler is the one that fixes traps locks and such mechanically, and if that fails or when there is a hurry just casts a spell to get it over with.

the beguiler is the one that calms down the guards, or if that doesnt work/isnt an option subdue them fast and effectively, followed by a glamer to hide them so noone gets hurt and your party doesnt get a death sentence in court when they finally catch up to you.

the beguiler is the suave mofo that gets discounts in shops and knows how to get the information to find the obscure mageshop in the back of a petstore in the first place

the beguiler is the black private **** that's a sex machine to all the chicks

the beguiler is the man that would risk his neck for his brother man

the beguiler is the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about

the beguiler is a complicated man but no one understands him but his woman

Wonton
2010-04-23, 12:15 PM
Make a swashbuckler. Put max ranks in Jump, Tumble, Bluff, Diplomacy and Sleight of Hand. Realise how often you can use these to your advantage with interesting results.

I agree with you, this kind of character is awesome, which is probably why half of my past characters were exactly like this. :smallbiggrin:

I'm looking to stay away from my stereotypical characters this go around...

the beguiler...

That sounds pretty awesome, if he actually has enough spells per day to blow them on uses like that.

Roc Ness
2010-04-23, 04:47 PM
I agree with you, this kind of character is awesome, which is probably why half of my past characters were exactly like this. :smallbiggrin:

Ah. Mmm. Well, I'm stumped. If you could access ToB I would have suggested dipping into swordsage to make a Belkar Bitterleaf knife nut that works, but then that still wouldn't be all that different than a swashbuckler.

Amphetryon
2010-04-23, 04:55 PM
Halfling Ranger into Beastmaster. :D

Escheton
2010-04-23, 09:06 PM

That sounds pretty awesome, if he actually has enough spells per day to blow them on uses like that.

beguilers have those skills I think, or at least some of them. Dont feel like factchecking.

but yeah, as long as the beguiler isnt stuck being the "arcane caster" the he/she should have plenty of spells for just those things.
and hey, for all other things there are eternal wands.
You are a arcane caster. One with a limited spelllist, but an arcane caster nonetheless. So a eternal wand of enlarge person, fireball, whatever you want that is lvl 3 or lower that you cant normally cast and figure you want to use oft is awesome.

acemcjack
2010-04-27, 01:52 AM
Here's a concept I've been toying with:
What about a Favored Soul who doesn't want to be one, and tries to escape the destiny set up for him by the gods.

Kind of like Jonah the prophet in the bible... :)

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-27, 02:32 AM
Consider a priest (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5449.0) of the Unseen Host.

Sindri
2010-05-02, 01:00 PM
Clerical necromancer with Undead Leadership (Libris Mortis)

Maug ranger (Fiend Folio)

Succubus Fiend of Possession or Fiend of Corruption (Fiend Folio)

Wight Monk

Dragon

Pseudodragon

Necromancer/Bard to make the zombies dance-fight

pacifist Drow, especially with the Book of Exalted Deeds

Kobold trapsmith

Awakened rat Shadowcaster

Bard with Perform(mime) rather than musical abilities

Druid/Master of Many Forms

Pixie Barbarian