PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a homebrew - Epic Combat Form feats

Eikonos
2010-04-21, 11:34 PM
Hello everyone,

Just as the topic says, I'd like someone to either point me to where I can find some already existing epic Combat Form feats (from Player's Handbook 2) or try and make them himself (I'm requesting this, because my homebrewing skills are still not adequate for this task).

I'm counting on you guys !! :smallcool:

Temotei
2010-04-21, 11:43 PM
Hello everyone,

Just as the topic says, I'd like someone to either point me to where I can find some already existing epic Combat Form feats (from Player's Handbook 2) or try and make them himself (I'm requesting this, because my homebrewing skills are still not adequate for this task).

I'm counting on you guys !! :smallcool:

Themselves. There are plenty of girls on the site, many of whom are quite good at homebrewing. :smallcool:

Krimm_Blackleaf might be interested in this. Perhaps you could PM him about it.

Eikonos
2010-04-22, 12:26 PM
Gah, my bad :smallfrown:
Sincere apologies to all female gamers for this faux pas :smallredface:

Krimm_Blackleaf might be interested in this. Perhaps you could PM him about it.

Naaah, Krimm already has several requests from me hanging in his messagebox, don't want to seem rude or pesky or something :smallsmile:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-04-22, 12:29 PM
I can give this a try later...seems interesting.

Eikonos
2010-04-27, 11:50 PM
Bumpitty ?? :smallwink:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-04-28, 09:04 AM
Yeah...can't seem to find my PHB2, which is holding me up. Mind PMing me the run-down of the feats?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-04-28, 02:37 PM
Are these the sort of thing you're looking for?

Perfection of Martial Offense [Epic, Combat Form, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +21, Wisdom 17, Combat Focus, Combat Strike, any 1 other Combat Form feat.
Benefit: While you maintain your Combat Focus, treat all melee attacks you make as melee touch attacks. If you end your Combat Focus to use the benefits of your Combat Strike feat, you gain a bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to your character level instead of the number of Combat Form feats you possess.

Relentless Vigor [Epic, Combat Form, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +21, Constitution 17, Wisdom 15, Combat Focus, Combat Vigor, any 2 other Combat Form feat.
Benefit: While you maintain your Combat Focus, you gain 10 temporary hit points at the beginning of each round. Increase the number of temporary hit points you gain by 5 for each Combat Form feat you possess. Additionally, you cannot die as long as you maintain your Combat Focus: if you would die for any reason, you remain both conscious and living until the end of your Combat Focus.

Unbreakable Guard [Epic, Combat Form, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +21, Dexterity 15, Wisdom 17, Combat Focus, Combat Defense, any 1 other Combat Form feat.
Benefit: While you maintain your Combat Focus, you gain Improved Evasion, and gain Damage Reduction 4/- against the target of your Dodge feat. Increase the Damage Reduction by +4/- for each Combat Form feat you possess.

Unyielding Focus [Epic, Combat Form, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +24, Constitution 21, Wisdom 17, Iron Will, Combat Focus, Combat Vigor, Relentless Vigor, any 1 other Combat Form feat.
Benefit: While you maintain your Combat Focus, you may choose to delay any effects (aside from damage) from any and all attacks against you (including attacks, spells, spell-like ability, supernatural abilities, extraordinary abilities, diseases, poisons, and similar hazards). These effects begin the instant you drop your Combat Focus, as if that moment were the first round of their effect.
Special: Each effect delayed in this manner reduces the duration of your Combat Focus by 2 rounds.

Eikonos
2010-04-28, 11:55 PM
Not too bad, really not too bad :smallwink: :smallcool:

Is there more, where these came from ?? :smalltongue:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-04-29, 08:30 AM
Depends. What direction would you like me to focus on?

Eldan
2010-04-29, 08:33 AM
Man. I wanted to remake Combat Focus and it's follow-up feats into a longer tree for my feat project, and here you are with not only better ideas than I had, but also much more impressive execution.

Kudos, Djinn.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-04-29, 11:16 AM
Rhythm of Combat [Combat Form, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +12, Wisdom 15, Combat Focus, Combat Reflexes
Benefit: While you maintain your Combat Focus, you may, once per round, make an additional attack at your highest Base Attack Bonus as a Swift action.

Supernal Shield Form [Epic, Combat Form, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +21, Wisdom 15, Combat Focus, Combat Defense, Shield Proficiency
Benefit: While you maintain your Combat Focus and are wielding a shield, you may declare any single attack made against you to be an automatic miss. Your may use this ability once per round as an immediate action.

Dancing Mongoose Form [Epic, Combat Form, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +21, Dexterity 17, Wisdom 15, Combat Focus, Combat Defense, Dodge
Benefit: While you maintain your Combat Focus, you gain a +6 Circumstance bonus to Reflex saves and the benefits of the Improved Evasion ability. Additionally, while maintaining your Combat Focus you may apply your Dodge bonus to Armor Class against all foes, rather than against only one foe. The Reflex save bonus increases by +2 for each Combat Form feat you possess.

Dance on the Breeze [Epic, Combat Form, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +18, Dexterity 19, Wisdom 15, Combat Focus, Ability to cast 3rd level Arcane spells
Benefit: While you maintain your Combat Focus, you gain a Fly speed equal to twice your base land speed (perfect maneuverability). Additionally, while maintaining your Combat Focus all attacks against you suffer a 40% miss chance.

Eikonos
2010-04-29, 11:51 AM
Impossibility does not apply to you, it seems :smallcool:

Depends. What direction would you like me to focus on?

Ok, basically you've covered most things I can think of...hmm, maybe something to increase the damage output while maintaining Combat Focus - maybe with a more basic version that doesen't have to an epic feat though (something that can be used as a prerequisite feat along with Combat Strike for an "upgraded" epic feat version).

I was thinking about a PrC based on Combat Focus feats, that allows "some other options" - not exactly sure about those, I was thinking of a "perfectly attuned to the battlefield" state, that works similar to Barbarian's rage, but allows different options for lawful and chaotic characters (defensive vs offensive capabilities sounds like something along this road).

Do you have free time/enough interest in this to try making this PrC for me ?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-04-29, 12:08 PM
Masterful Bladework [Combat Form, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +9, Wisdom 13, Combat Focus
Benefit: While you maintain your Combat Focus, you deal an additional +1d8 points of damage on all damage rolls with weapons or unarmed strikes. If you have three or more Combat Form feats, the extra damage increases to +2d8.

Excellence in Steel [Epic, Combat Form, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +24, Wisdom 17, Combat Focus, Combat Strike, Masterful Bladework, Perfection of Martial Offense
Benefit: While you maintain your Combat Focus, your additional damage dealt by the Masterful Bladework feat increases to +3d8. Increase the damage dealt by an additional +1d8 for each Combat Form feat you possess.