PDA

View Full Version : Translation please!

Callos_DeTerran
2010-04-22, 12:14 AM
As one can imagine, to those who know me and what I do most often on these forums, I often needs lots of help with translations for Japanese and so on. Instead of continuing to pester people over PM and IM about the matter, I figured I just make one big compendium of stuff. What needs translated is in the spoilers below.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd54/Prime32_temp/Other/oots_kasanip_birthday.png

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASANIP! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ798THmR5Y) :smallsmile:

As many of you have likely deduced by now, I require no translations whatsoever. For those lured in by that, you have my deepest apologies.

But! I wanted this to be a surprise for a dear friend of mine on the OotS boards who goes by the username of Kasanip! She's been unbelievably patient, kind, and understanding no matter what issue was put before her and I am of the firm opinion that she deserves more then a little back from those she's graciously helped out. :smallwink:

For those of you who don't know her, Kasanip is an excellent role-player and artist from the Free-form Roleplay and Arts and Crafts parts of these boards and has been an all around awesome person to get to know. From doing pictures for others out of the kindness of her heart to putting up with insistent people peppering her for translations (Lord knows I'm guilty of this) she has dealt with a lot even as she went to school, began to learn to play the violin (hence the music above), and tried (and succeeded) to immerse herself in a close-knit community on this boards that has been a little hostile to new comers in the past.

So...this is for you Kasanip! Congratulations on your -th birthday and may many more happy birthdays follow after it! I just wanted to give an ample demonstration of how much you mean to these boards and myself as a friend and someone to confide in. Let's hear it for Kasanip! Let's show her a great birthday thread! :smallbiggrin:

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to You,
Happy birthday Dear Kasanip,
Happy birthday to You.

From good friends and true,
From old friends and new,
May good luck go with you,
And happiness too.

However, I beg that anyone else reading this hold off on commenting until the birthday girl herself reads/posts in this thread. :smallwink: Don't want to ruin the surprise after all. And thanks to Prime for the awesome picture that is part of this gift, cause lord knows I didn't make it easy on him. :smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2010-04-22, 12:20 AM
This is the first Birthday thread I've ever posted in. Happy Birthday Kasa!!! :smallbiggrin:

And no one post that god bloody awful comic. Its so trite and tasteless.

13_CBS
2010-04-22, 12:32 AM
Well, I've taken a few semesters of JApanese, so I'll see what I can help you with...

I should also add to Callos' list of thanks and appreciation...

Some of you may know that there are a few among us in the Giant in the Playground General Anime Discussion thread who are making a Visual Novel (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124102). Even though she wasn't a part of the forum Anime clique, Kasanip volunteered to do character designs for us--a critical, critical part of the Visual Novel--even though she might not have been in on a lot of the jokes that the VN started with. She had no real reason to help us, but she took time out of her busy, end-of-Japanese-high-school schedule to not just contribute to the VN but also play a huge role in shaping the novel into what it is now. Visuals are an important part of a Visual Novel, and it's because of Kasanip that we Visual Novel developers have a clear idea of what our characters look like.

So...thank you Kasanip. Thank you so very much for all your hard work, your dedication, and your contributions to not just the Visual Novel project but to the entire forum. A very happy birthday to you. :smallsmile:

http://planethosford.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/happy%20birthday.jpg :smallbiggrin:

Ooh, and before I forget: may your college years be educational, productive, and most importantly, fun! If Japanese high schools are as intense as I hear they are, you definitely deserve a break. :smallbiggrin:

Purple Rose
2010-04-22, 12:44 AM
I can give it a shot, though my conjugation is a bit off:

Happy Birthday Kasanip!

You have been a great source of inspiration in the FFRP games I've been in with you and I really enjoy interacting with your characters. You are always so ready to draw up people's characters for them and do such an amazing job at it. You really do provide something special to this community and it just wouldn't be the same without you! :smallbiggrin::smallredface:

So have a happy birthday and may all your wishes come true!

Draken
2010-04-22, 12:51 AM
As of this post, I have it on reliable source that our dear Kasanip has already checked this thread. So no misleading phrase up there.

Happy birthday kasanip!

I am jealous. Mine was yesterday and no one did anything. Guess you are more likeable than me. :smalltongue:

I would just like to thank you for the help you have given whenever asked. And also reiterate the esteem I have for your presence here in gitp. Your art, both drawing and writing, is always a delight for myself.

Look forward for this year!

strawberryman
2010-04-22, 12:56 AM
Happy Birthday~

From myself, and all my characters who have (or even haven't) interacted with one of yours. You are an overall enjoyable and creative soul, which is something to be valued. Hope your day goes great, you deserve that much, at least. :smallbiggrin:

nothingclever
2010-04-22, 12:58 AM
Happy birthday Kasanip. I just figured I'd say out of all the people that post here I enjoy your posts the most despite the fact I mostly just read them and haven't actually talked to you much at all directly or indirectly.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-04-22, 12:59 AM
I'm not terribly good at this kind of thing, and I don't know you nearly as well as most of the people who will post here, something which I consider unfortunate, so I'll keep this short.

Happy Birthday! I'd offer Cake and Ice Cream, but by the time I mailed it to you, it would no longer be tasty and delicious, so I'll content myself with sending you words.

I hope the celebration, both on this forum and in your real life brings you great happiness. You deserve it.

Sucrose
2010-04-22, 01:05 AM
Happy birthday, Kasanip! It's been a pleasure working with you in BleachITP, and looking into your Sketchbook is always a nice minute of the day. :smallsmile:

Thank you very much for allowing Suzuki Rin to have a minor role in Hazuki's story; I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to write her interactions with Hazuki and Hollow Hazuki.

I hope that your transition to college is going well, and that your birthday, and all the next year, provide you opportunities to do the things that you most enjoy.

Edit: I almost forgot- thank you also for your assistance in getting a bit more acclimated to NarutoITP. I'm still a bit green, but your assistance helped me to figure out the most major thing that I was doing wrong.:smallsmile:

Kasanip
2010-04-22, 01:24 AM
I will try my best :smallredface::

To Everyone:
I did not know what to say.
For you to do so much.
I am very happy. :smallsmile:
Thank you very much.
Everyone always has helped me kindly and taught me so much. 
It has always been enjoyable to play together and draw together.
I hope many more times for such an experience with Everyone!
If we have not yet, I wait eagerly for such a time that we can together :smallredface::smallsmile:

真に感謝したいと思います。
いつも皆さんが優しい姿に手伝って教えてくれてありがとうございます。
本当に今までOOTSの皆とイッショウに沢山英語を習ったり楽しいゲーム遊んだり面白いや悲しい時もあるし 。。。
言葉に出来ない、この気持ち。
ごめんね!今度のCallosメッセージ訳したくないんですので。。。私にできることはこのく らいです。

本当に
真に
ありがとうございます
m(_ _)m

カサニプ
とある傘の○○

Now I must draw many new things :smallredface:
Mir, Kamome, Sayaka, Tomoya, Momo, Hazuki, Erima, Mai、Rui... You drew so many of my characters!:smallredface:
Let's share the cake Draken!
Maybe for those who do not know...My dream is to become an English Teacher :smallredface:
My birthday is April 22. :smallredface:

Zarah
2010-04-22, 01:26 AM
Move over Friendly Banter, the BleachITP crowd just moved in for a party. And we're using your bathroom.

.... Right. Aaaaanyway, hope you have a great birthday Kasanip! I wish you luck in all your future endeavors. :smallbiggrin:

Many thanks for the translations you helped me with, and I might as well throw in that you're a brilliant role-player, even if our characters only ever interacted... Once? Maybe? :smalltongue:

EDIT: Ninja'd by the birthday girl herself! How embarrassing...

horngeek
2010-04-22, 01:30 AM
Mwahahaha.

I get the first non-spoilered post.

Firstly: You'd make a brilliant English teacher. :smallbiggrin:

Secondly: Happy birthday! :smallbiggrin:

Thirdly: THE CAKE IS A LIE.

Atelm
2010-04-22, 02:09 AM
I hope you have a most excellent and worderful birthday, Kasa! :smallsmile:

Killer Angel
2010-04-22, 02:31 AM
Wow, this is probably the most original Birthday thread I've ever seen...
Kudos to Callos, and Happy Birthday to Kasanip! :smallsmile:

Terraoblivion
2010-04-22, 02:42 AM
Happy birthday from me as well, Kasanip.

While i cannot claim to know you very well, i enjoy both your art and playing with you. I cannot help but see Kamome as the main character of that game and she is an enjoyable one at that. And, with the risk of repeating everyone else, i must say that i love following your art and seeing what you draw, even if i don't know most of the characters.

...And now i better go back to being aloof, impersonal and unemotional, people will get weird ideas otherwise. But first i'll wish you a happy birthday again.

kamikasei
2010-04-22, 04:14 AM
Happy birthday, Kasanip. I think I only see a tiny fraction of your presence on the boards, but your art is great and always getting better to boot, and you seem like a pretty excellent person if the people around you can be used to judge.

Now go take a break and stop letting these people work you to death! >_>

Player_Zero
2010-04-22, 04:16 AM
And no one post that god bloody awful comic. Its so trite and tasteless.

http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

Your move.

Prime32
2010-04-22, 04:46 AM
Happy birthday!

I just figured I'd say out of all the people that post here I enjoy your posts the most
Them's fighting words. :smallamused:
*sound of shotguns being cocked*

EDIT: Since I have all the characters drawn I can give you avatar versions if you want.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-22, 05:04 AM
To be honest, I don't really know enough to write it even in Romanji as yet, so I'll just do it in English.

Happy Birthday Kasanip- hope the day is amongst the better ones and every best wish for the year ahead.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-22, 05:40 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASANIP!

I may not know you as much as many of those who have posted before me but I still think you are a great artist, a wonderful person and the nicest poster on Gitp that I have had the pleasure of 'meeting' :smallsmile:

I agree that you would be an excellent English teacher and hope you can get your wish granted some day :smallsmile:

Happy birthday

Fan
2010-04-22, 05:57 AM
Happy Birthday to one of my favorite FFRP'ers.

Keep on being awesome Kasanip!

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-22, 06:01 AM
I wish you a happy birthday, although I'm quite sure it's over already. :-)
Always expecting something good when there's a post by Kasanip.

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-22, 06:06 AM
Am I late here? <_< >_> I think I'm late.

Anyways, to quote one of my favorite space-faring (http://www.rumourisnews.com/spathi.gif) species (http://www.star-control.com/hosted/happycamper/gifs/spathi-council.gif): Happy days and jubilation (http://www.flyinamber.com/images/Happy_Birthday.jpg), Kasanip!

Lioness
2010-04-22, 06:26 AM
お誕生日おめでとうね。。。!誕生日を楽しみにして下さい。

カサニップさんはいい英語の先生になるよ!

まったね。。。^^

Dorizzit
2010-04-22, 06:31 AM
Happy birthday.

Moon Wolf
2010-04-22, 07:10 AM
*explosion* *Moon Wolf comes dashing though Kasanip's door* *hugging the life out of Kasanip*

Kaaassaaaa-chaaaan!!! Happy birthday!!! Happy birthday to an amazing artist and role player. You'll do great as an English teacher! :smalltongue:

OverWilliam
2010-04-22, 07:11 AM
Happy Birthday Kasanip!!

((I hope it's still your birthday, wherever you are? :smallfrown:))

:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

I am so happy for you, Kasanip, that sounds like a fantastic goal. :smallredface: I can't even really imagine being fluent enough in another language to decide to use that amazing talent to participate on silly message board games like ours, but I am extremely glad that you did. :smallbiggrin: It sounds like a lot of work ahead of you, but I wish you the best of luck and I know you'll do an amazing job. :smallwink:

IcemanJRC
2010-04-22, 07:31 AM
I'm relativly new to the boards, and I haven't gotten to RP with you specifficaly I don't think, I can tell that your great and definitly deserving of all this praise.

So keep on being awesome, happy late birthday and best wishes.

~Iceman

Raz_Fox
2010-04-22, 08:13 AM
Hey, Kas?

You have a wonderful grasp of the english language, writing ability that makes me strive to improve my own, and artistic skill that I can only dream of, as well as a child-like nature: compassionate, curious and ever-joyful. I am certain that you will be an absolutely brilliant english teacher.

Happy birthday, and may every one after be as happy!

Agamid
2010-04-22, 08:17 AM
a little late to the party but.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASANIP!

(after 2 and a half years of learning japanese i only know how to write 'tofu', so i'll wish you a good day in Tok Pisin instead)

mi hop de bilong yu bin gut tumas!

banthesun
2010-04-22, 08:40 AM
Happy Birthday! Good work being so awesome!

KnightDisciple
2010-04-22, 08:52 AM
*Coughs*

Yeah, a bit late, but...

Happy Birthday, Kasanip!

:smallsmile::smallsmile::smallsmile:
:smallcool::smallcool::smallcool:
:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Silverraptor
2010-04-22, 09:14 AM
I just got the notice now.

Happy Birthday, Kasanip!:biggrin:

BisectedBrioche
2010-04-22, 09:17 AM
Bon anniversaire! Penblwydd Hapus! That's "Happy Birthday" in French and Welsh respectivally, BTW.

What? I don't speak anymore than a few words Japanese and I felt left out not speaking a foreign non-English language. :smalltongue::smallwink:

13_CBS
2010-04-22, 09:20 AM
Alright, just to make certain...Kasanip's birthday (or at least, the one we're celebrating) is April 22?

Kuroimaken
2010-04-22, 09:24 AM
Hi there!

Just thought I'd offer my own belated best wishes. Prime asked me to help with the surprise a little, and I'm glad I accepted. Happy birthday, Kasa-san.

memnarch
2010-04-22, 09:29 AM
Just got the notice as well; Happy Birthday!

It's a little old, but it's still good! Cake for Kasanip!
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/programmer162/cake.png

kamikasei
2010-04-22, 09:38 AM
Alright, just to make certain...Kasanip's birthday (or at least, the one we're celebrating) is April 22?

...is she likely to have another one that occurs on a different date? :smalltongue:

Tengu_temp
2010-04-22, 09:42 AM
<Obligatory trite and tasteless comic would go here, if Player Zero didn't post it first.>

13_CBS
2010-04-22, 09:49 AM
...is she likely to have another one that occurs on a different date? :smalltongue:

No, I just wanted to make sure that her birthday was on the 22nd rather than, say, the 21st. Possible time zone differences between me and Callos, and all that.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-22, 09:53 AM

This is your official notice- as of now, all online birthdays are two weeks long, commencing on the date of IRL celebration.

This allows for birthday greetings around such issues as "my internet has died" or "I just don't have the time to get on today" and a whole host of others.

kamikasei
2010-04-22, 09:55 AM
No, I just wanted to make sure that her birthday was on the 22nd rather than, say, the 21st. Possible time zone differences between me and Callos, and all that.

I know. It's the "at least, the one we're celebrating" bit I was poking fun at.

Fri
2010-04-22, 10:25 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Faris/cake-1.jpg

:smallredface:

Prime32
2010-04-22, 10:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Faris/cake-1.jpg

:smallredface:...you have one of those "mai waifu" shrines for Kasanip, Fri? :smalltongue:

Castaras
2010-04-22, 10:33 AM
This birthday thread is made of win. :smallbiggrin:

HAAAAAAAAAAAPPY BIIIIIIIIIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

Hyoumu Yau
2010-04-22, 01:56 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Maybe I don't write that much on the forums, so we don't really know each other, but at least I follow your art thread, and I love it! I wish you good luck in all things that you do and that you may start in the future!
С Днем Рожденья! :smallbiggrin:

PS: And I think you'll be a great english teacher, since I never noticed that english wasn't your mother tongue before I read that you were actually from japan (A shame teleport wasn't invented yet... You speak japanese, you draw and you (well someone mentioned it here, so I think it'll be right) play violin! You're like a bundle of all the things I want to learn but can only dream about...)

OverWilliam
2010-04-22, 05:36 PM
This birthday thread is made of win. :smallbiggrin:

HAAAAAAAAAAAPPY BIIIIIIIIIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

Heh, that's awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Moon Wolf
2010-04-22, 05:50 PM
+1 to that! :smalltongue:

H. Zee
2010-04-22, 05:56 PM
*sidles in*

I bak'd you a cake.

http://www.sweetsensationscakes.com/Small-Tiered-Party-Cake.jpg

:smalltongue:

Moon Wolf
2010-04-22, 05:58 PM
*blink blink*

He's back! :smallbiggrin:

Kaiser Omnik
2010-04-22, 09:37 PM
Happy birthday Kasanip!

Better late than never. :smallwink:

The Librarian
2010-04-22, 09:48 PM
Happy Birthday Kasanip

Sorry if I'm a little late:smallfrown:

Hope it was a good party. With Cookie Cake!:smallbiggrin:

Fri
2010-04-22, 09:48 PM
...you have one of those "mai waifu" shrines for Kasanip, Fri? :smalltongue:

Hi~mi~tsu :smalltongue:

The Librarian
2010-04-22, 09:54 PM
Thought I throw in a cake too since a few others have done it.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/OFC_Viper/portal-cube.jpg

Sorry, I don't have any fancy computer automodimajigger shrine like Fri's.:smallbiggrin: Regardless, enjoy the cake.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-22, 09:59 PM
its Kasas Birthday?

coo'.

*flips a coin*

heads. it means that Kasanip will be slapped by or will slap someone in the future, in a good way.

Terraoblivion
2010-04-23, 01:39 AM
Seems like we are supposed to wish you a happy birthday in all sorts of non-English languages for some reason. I guess i should throw a couple in, one you might be able to squeeze some sense out of and one that is just nonsense to most people here.

Så tillykke med fødselsdagen i går, jeg håber du havde en god dag.

And...

生日快乐, 我希望你昨天很高兴

Kasanip
2010-04-23, 10:41 AM
Thank you again everyone! :smallsmile:

I would like to thank:
Callos deTerran
Innis Cabal
13 CBS
Purple Rose
Draken
strawberryman
nothingclever
Tackyhillbillu
Sucrose
Zarah
horngeek
Atelm
Killer Angel
Terraoblivion
kamikasei
Player Zero
Prime32
Mercenary Pen
Keveak
Fan
Elder Tsofu
Frozen_Feet
Lioness
Dorizzit
Moon Wolf
OverWilliam
IcemanJRC
Raz Fox
Agamid
Banthesun
KnightDisciple
Silverraptor
Bisected8
Kuroimaken
memnarch
Tengu temp
Fri
Castaras
Hyoumu Yau
Hollow Zaraki
Omnik
Righty
Lord Raziere
Krazddndfreek

~-*-~
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/miroots2.png
~-*-~
Thank you everyone!
and thank you Callos and Prime32 :smallredface:
I hope for another year with warm feelings and fun stories together with you all!

Krazddndfreek
2010-04-23, 10:57 PM
Wow! and she picked through the whole thread and wrote everyone's name down.

I could not in good conscience see this thread and not say happy birthday to Kasanip, even though it is quite late. Happy Birthday and best wishes!:smallsmile:

druid91
2010-04-24, 11:05 PM
That's because Kasanip is awesome like that, Any-way sorry for being extra extra late but happy birthday Kasanip.