PDA

View Full Version : Exalted 2nd ed question

graymachine
2010-04-22, 09:58 AM
We're starting a Exalted campaign that is not, unfortunately, 1st edition. I know only a little about 2nd and don't have access to the books. I was thinking of making an Abyssal for a Solar/Lunar circle, but the ST said I wouldn't be able to hide what I am. I recall a Abyssal Charm from 1st edition that allowed an Abyssal to appear as a Solar in all respects (I thought it was the Stealth tree cap charm.) The ST says that that charm doesn't exist in the Stealth tree for 2nd edition, but I thought it was ported over from 1st edition. So, three questions:

1. Was the Abyssal charm that mimics a Solar ported over to 2nd edition?

2. If so, what tree is it under?

3. If not, what would be a reasonable custom-made charm that does the same thing?

Sanguine
2010-04-22, 10:01 AM
We're starting a Exalted campaign that is not, unfortunately, 1st edition. I know only a little about 2nd and don't have access to the books. I was thinking of making an Abyssal for a Solar/Lunar circle, but the ST said I wouldn't be able to hide what I am. I recall a Abyssal Charm from 1st edition that allowed an Abyssal to appear as a Solar in all respects (I thought it was the Stealth tree cap charm.) The ST says that that charm doesn't exist in the Stealth tree for 2nd edition, but I thought it was ported over from 1st edition. So, three questions:

1. Was the Abyssal charm that mimics a Solar ported over to 2nd edition?

It was, or at least there is a Charm that does something similar to what you are saying though I'm not sure if it is the same charm as I never played 1st ed.

2. If so, what tree is it under?
Larceny: the name is Solar Impersonation Style

3. If not, what would be a reasonable custom-made charm that does the same thing?

Well it does exist but if it didn't it would definitely be reasonable.

Weimann
2010-04-22, 10:02 AM
1. Was the Abyssal charm that mimics a Solar ported over to 2nd edition?I don't know how it looked in 1ed, and if it can be considered a "port" or not, but you have Solar Impersonation Style on p. 170 in MoEP:Abyssals.

2. If so, what tree is it under?Larceny. It's top of the tree, with a 3 charm prerequisite.