PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 90: Castiel 2.0 & SPARTA Cuss vs. Shooter McArcher & Aguacatl

ArenaManager
2010-04-22, 11:30 AM
Arena Tournament, Round 90: Castiel 2.0 & SPARTA Cuss vs. Shooter McArcher & Aguacatl

Map:
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/04-sambusei.png

XP Award: 300 XP to each non-DQd member of winning team
GP Award: 300 GP to each non-DQd member of winning team

Castiel 2.0 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=183784) - Sanity702
SPARTA Cuss (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=191142) - TheFallenOne
Shooter McArcher (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=144187) - Master_Rahl22
Aguacatl (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=179458) - Scorer

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare any final purchases

Prior to the match start you may privately plan by spoiler or PM with your partner, but after the start any communications will need to be done in character inside the arena as rules allow.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-22, 11:59 AM
SPARTA! checking in. Initiative [roll0]

Purchases(not finished)
Potion of Protection from... ah, let's say chaos -50GP
Psionic Tattoo of Vigor -50GP
couple more harpoons as usual, not decided yet how many

Castiel
Well, it is the summoner then. Protection from X or Hide from Animals, your choice. Both has ups and downs
I'd go for the former so we can pepper them with harpoons and sling bullets. Priority target should be the animal companion, relatively easy to hit and the only meleer. To damage us with ranged attacks they only have two options: attack from hiding so we're not aware of it or hit two times in one round. To avoid the latter, we should stay together with me between you and them to give you +4 AC for cover
Be careful whom of the two to grapple. While Aguacatl has the lower grapple modifier, he has also a really good touch AC, so you might fail to initiate the grapple at all.
I'm curious what those two will plan to counter us, I'm pretty sure we have the advantage right now

Master_Rahl22
2010-04-22, 12:30 PM
[roll0]

Haven't decided yet on purchases

Aguacatl:
Wow, so they can both ignore one ranged weapon per turn, assuming they're aware of it and not flat-footed. Should I attempt to hide, or possibly get a Potion of Invisibility to make at least one attack with no shot at getting it blocked? I could just get something to boost attack like Cat's Grace and Rapid Shot every round hoping I hit twice. Also, wow SPARTA Cuss is going to be hard to take down. I'd recommend grabbing some scrolls of attack spells, cause we're not going to hit his AC much. Produce Flame, Flaming Sphere, and Heat Metal seem appropriate.

Wizibirb
2010-04-22, 12:51 PM
Hello all

Undecided on Purchases....

init -
[roll0]

Scorer
2010-04-22, 08:53 PM
Aguacatl reportin in...

[roll0]

@Shooter

Castiel has low AC, he will be easy prey for my summons as long as they don't buy any hide from animals potion... if they do, I'm, screwed...

Sparta is the dangerous one, with his bloody harpoons... you may want to stay always behind me, as I have higher AC, and stay prone as possible.

Also, we should learn from previous experience and let them buff away while hiding :smalltongue:

Touch AC from Sparta is pathetic, let me see what scroll I can buy.. your suggestions are good enough...

I would like Call Lightning, seems better choice, but I'm 74gp short, and even selling everything, won't fill it.

Maybe I will go for Flaming Sphere... Still thinking

Wizibirb
2010-04-23, 12:52 AM
@ spartacuss

I will go with the protection for X's and i still have yet to ask about the spikes so I will go ask right now....
I do not know what they will do but I am interested to find out, I can always just chuck Javs which are better then the sling idea, and I will get a shield just waiting for a little bit before I do it.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-23, 05:07 AM
hey Scorer, maybe I will get your soul after all :smalltongue:

Castiel
Good. Looking at Abogralia, his ranged attack makes pathetic 1 damage(even a critical glances off my DR). My suggestion: we both don't use our Arrow Deflection against his attacks, reduces the chance of getting hit twice in one round.
The Protection spells only work 10 rounds, so we shouldn't drink them immediately, only once he starts summoning and then keep the pressure up so they don't evade us until the effect wears of. I'll wear my potion in the mouth so I can drink it with a standard as soon as necessary.
In case I go down, I have two psionic tattos of vigor(5 temp hp). You can activate them with a fullround action if you're next to me to get me back in the game.
Shooter is the squishier target and does more damage, I'd say we pepper him and the Animal Companion with ranged weapons first. You should get both slings and javelins, 20 feet more range is oftentimes more worth than 1 more damage.
Keep at least 50 GP for reactionary buys if the druid gets some nasty elemental scrolls. Easy to counter with a Potion of Resist Energy

edit: oh, initiative

Aguacatl(22)
Shooter McArcher(18)
Castiel 2.0(7)
SPARTA Cuss(5)

Master_Rahl22
2010-04-23, 12:07 PM
@Aguacatl
Shooter has 359gp to spend. I'm going to ask the refs if we can pool gold since neither of us has enough to buy it outright. Assuming we can, Shooter will give you what you need for it and then probably grab a scroll of Cat's Grace for you to cast on him, plus a healing potion of some kind. I'd say that I will focus on Castiel since he's the only one I have a hope of hitting twice. You focus on SPARTA Cuss since with that many critters attacking him, one of them will roll a 20 eventually.

hustlertwo
2010-04-23, 12:30 PM
Shooter/Agua

Since it was already ruled that you can't give gold to another player, I imagine it would also stand that pooling gold isn't allowed. You can buy consumables and give them to your teammate within the match, but that's about the extent of the communism Arena law allows.

Master_Rahl22
2010-04-23, 12:59 PM
@Aguacatl
Well unless you want to mess with passing gold back and forth, Call Lightning is out. I'd say grab a few of the spells I mentioned previously. It's a good idea to get Chill Metal and Heat Metal or some other fire spell so they can't just negate your spells with one Potion of Energy Resist. I think I'll get a Scroll of Cat's Grace and a potion of Faith Healing unless you have a better idea.

OH, brilliant thought here. What if you get a scroll of Summon Swarm? With your feats, a spider or bat swarm would deal 2d6 damage plus poison or wounding. Also, swarms don't have to hit, they just move into the space of a creature, and spider and bat swarms are immune to weapon damage.

Wizibirb
2010-04-23, 02:27 PM
@ sparta

Just realized i will not have enough money for both the masterwork shield and masterwork spiked studded leather... So I will skip on the shield for now and how do you know to buy protection from X's like why did you chose Chaos?

And are you sure on both sling and javs? (I got both so eh and waiting on the protection from X I am not sure how to determine which one to buy)

Buying
Spiked masterwork Studded leather
Backpack with 10 javs

Edit -
2 Slings with 100 bullets

TheFallenOne
2010-04-23, 02:42 PM
Castiel
Doesn't really matter if chaos, law, good or evil, they're both true neutral. Only important thing is that the potions ward off summons

"Third, the spell prevents bodily contact by summoned creatures. This causes the natural weapon attacks of such creatures to fail and the creatures to recoil if such attacks require touching the warded creature. Good summoned creatures are immune to this effect. The protection against contact by summoned creatures ends if the warded creature makes an attack against or tries to force the barrier against the blocked creature. Spell resistance can allow a creature to overcome this protection and touch the warded creature. "

Both slings and javelins can't hurt, at 40 feet you want the sling to have a better chance to hit, at below 30 the javelin obviously. Better get more than one sling, each will be loaded at matchstart, so you can draw one as a move action and drop the empty sling after firing. That way you don't have to keep a sling in your hand

Ref note
If I get hit by Aguacatls sling, I will not use Block Arrow

Wizibirb
2010-04-23, 02:51 PM
Sparta

I thought the summoning had to be of the same alignment?
and one more thing, If I buy the protection potion I will not have the necessary gold for the other potion should he buy something nasty. (just a heads up)

and Looks like we have a plan pepper shooter with sharp pointy objects and then go after the summoner,

also, We stay buy each other at all times correct? ((meaning I don't go grapple :smallfrown:)) I really wanted to show off my skills :smalltongue:

Its all good though Better safe than sorry

@ Refs

If I get hit with the sling from agua I will forgo using deflect arrows, unless I specify otherwise

Scorer
2010-04-24, 02:37 PM
@Shooter

My feats don't affect scrolls, unless I did the scrolls myself... so no swarms.

I beleive the idea of cat grace is good and also the chillxheat sounds nice...

Also, you may want to buy a "reduce person" potion, as that adds +2 Dex, and +1 to AC and Attack. And your weapon damage is unaffected, as leaving proyectiles recover original size :smallwink:
That, plus cat's grace you'll have +4 total to attack and AC :smallbiggrin: without damage loss...

After much deliberation and thinking, I buy:

Scroll with Heat Metal and Chill Metal. 300gp

No more purchases.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-24, 02:44 PM
you sure those two work on Warforged as they're technically not wearing armor? :smallconfused:

Ref note
Please check the weight of the equipment Aguacatl brings after Match start. He only has 15 pounds before going into medium load and 12,5 of that are already covered with his armor and shield. If he brings 2 of his 5 alchemist fires and 3 sling bullets that's already enough

Scorer
2010-04-24, 02:50 PM
Pretty sure, the spell reads "heats metal" not "heats armor"

TheFallenOne
2010-04-24, 02:58 PM
Actually, the spell reads "Metal equipment of one creature per two levels, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart; or 25 lb. of metal/level"

"A creature takes fire damage if its equipment is heated. It takes full damage if its armor is affected or if it is holding, touching, wearing, or carrying metal weighing one-fifth of its weight. The creature takes minimum damage (1 point or 2 points; see the table) if it’s not wearing metal armor and the metal that it’s carrying weighs less than one-fifth of its weight. "

Adamantine body is no equipment, not fulfilling the first condition. It has no weight of it's own either, so the second part gets fuzzy as well. You could make a case of heating the warforged himself, but even then it's a stretch because I'm neither holding, touching(no dirty thoughts here), wearing of carrying myself. By common sense, it should work, but with RAW I have my doubts so I think we better clear it up now and not when you actually use it

Scorer
2010-04-24, 03:00 PM
In any case, you still have harpoons, and I beleive they have enough weight.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-24, 03:03 PM
they certainly have the weight, though only a small part of them should be made of metal. Hm, how do those spells work with partial metal items like greataxes? :smallconfused:

Scorer
2010-04-24, 03:04 PM
If weight is lower than 1/5, then creature takes only minimum damage

TheFallenOne
2010-04-24, 03:09 PM
yeah, but the question was how to determine the metal weight if an item is only part metal? On hafted weapons, it seems the wooden haft takes precedent over the metal blade since they have the hardness of wood, not metal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/exploration.htm#tableCommonArmorWeaponAndShieldHar dnessAndHitPoints)

Sallera
2010-04-24, 06:41 PM
Warforged are explicitly affected by Heat Metal as though they were wearing armour. It's in their description in the ECS.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-24, 06:54 PM
huh, must have missed that, rather embarassing. So common sense and RAW go actually hand in hand here

Wait, if the spell heats the Forged himself, shouldn't everyone being touched by him/touching him take damage as well? You might end up buffing me :smalltongue:

just to be sure, @Refs
Protection from Chaos protects me against all non-chaotic summons(so everything on the Summon Natures Ally I list) until I choose to attack such a creature, right?

Scorer
2010-04-24, 06:57 PM
Ref Question

What happens if I ready an action to scatter bridge when an opponent i standing on bridge? Is it possible to scatter bridge when someone is standing in it?

Sallera
2010-04-24, 07:01 PM
SPARTA:Yes, except it's all non-lawful summons. Not that it particularly matters.

Aguacatl:Yes, it's possible, and forces a DC15 Balance check to remain on the bridge.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-24, 07:35 PM
Castiel
Well then, as per Salleras last spoiler adressed to me Protection from X prevents any summons Aguacatl has from attacking you, so go for that potion. Don't worry about the scrolls, they're intended for me and if you don't want to be affected just wear your old leather armor

I of course want to make best use of your skills as well :smallwink:, but they're wasted if you get shot down too early. With me giving you cover your AC will be more than good enough, slow but steady advance, once you can get one of the two in melee we split up. My harpoons can help you with that to prevent them from evading you. If the animal companion makes a move on us, you could grapple him as well

Scorer
2010-04-24, 07:57 PM
@Shooter

What should be our strategy? Their potion of protect form chaos is going to block my summons, also, I'm guessing they'll buy something to block fire, and if not, he will try to use chill/heat as buff. I suggest we show up and bluff we're going to attack, and maybe ready an action to scatter bridge while anyone of them is on bridge. And then, fall back and wait their buffs to go out, and then we strike :smallamused:

I can get to the edge of the bridge in the first turn. Even doublemoving, they can't get to me in time and I can ready the action to scatter making them think I'm readying the heat/chill spell.

What do you think?

Master_Rahl22
2010-04-24, 09:49 PM
@Aguacatl:
Reduce person would reduce my damage a lot actually. It explicitly says that projectile weapons deal damage based on the size of the weapon, and I'd lose my +1 from strength.

I like that strategy idea. Bluff them into thinking we're going to fight, then run away til their buffs run out. :)

Purchases: Scroll of Cat's Grace: 150gp
Potion of Faith Healing (Sam Jones, Jr.): 50gp

Scorer
2010-04-24, 09:51 PM
Aguacatl ready to go.

@Shooter

Very well, I'll try to make one of them fall to sand.

Where should we run to hide?

Wizibirb
2010-04-25, 12:46 AM
buying one potion of protection from chaos

and ready

@sparta

Ok you should signal me when to drink it, cause knowing me I will drink it to soon.... haha alright then stick with you until we get close enough, sounds like a plan.

Note I will ask you if I should before I head off, as that is the safest bet.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-25, 05:57 AM
SPARTA buys potions of Repair Light Damage, Resist Energy(fire and cold) - 150 GP.
Grappling hook with silk rope - 11 GP
2 harpoons - 30 GP
all set

Castiel
Well, the potions only work 10 rounds, so we should only trink them once he actually starts summoning. That's when he starts casting a spell, but doesn't finish on his round(summons have 1 round casting time unlike most other spells).
Be careful with the bridge, I saw someone land in the quicksand when the planks were scattered as a readied action. So, no matter what, we don't end our movement on the bridge, go over it in one go or not at all. And don't go over it if one of them has a readied action and stands next to it or if Aguacatl has a readied, no matter where he stands. He could have readied Entangle to cast which would likely bind us in the middle of the bridge, then they scatter it and it's game...
I suggest you delay again so I can go ahead and give you cover when you follow me. Turn 1 I'd doublemove to Q13, then there are two possibilities for Turn 2: they try to keep us from crossing the planks, then we let the javelins and harpoons fly. If the don't, we go across. Once we're on the same side of the quicksand they'll have more trouble evading us and we can keep up the pressure so they can't outwait Protection from X and Law Devotion

Master_Rahl22
2010-04-25, 07:13 AM
@Aguacatl:
I think we could try to hide in the bushes at the top or bottom of the arena. I'll come up the stairs with you so hopefully I can get in a few shots before we retreat back down the stairs.

Shooter is ready to go.

Just for convenience, here's the initiative order again.

Aguacatl(22)
Shooter McArcher(18)
Castiel 2.0(7)
SPARTA Cuss(5)

Start us off, Agua!

Scorer
2010-04-25, 09:00 AM
Wait a second, Potions of Resist energy are 300gp each... and you can only select one type of energy per potion, so that would cost 600gp to you.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-25, 09:38 AM
It's a 1st level spell for Duskblades, so you can get a CL1 potion for 50 GP. Mentioned it couple of pages ago in the Waiting Room, you must have missed it :smallbiggrin:

Since it appearently wasn't clear, thst was supposed to be two separate Resist Energy potions, once Fire, once Cold for 50 GP each

Scorer
2010-04-25, 09:52 AM
And they last how much? What is the source for duskblades?

TheFallenOne
2010-04-25, 10:15 AM
PHBII

Since it's CL1, they last 10 minutes

Scorer
2010-04-25, 10:20 AM
You know how annoying that is? :smallmad:

Guess I'll be using that scroll in another match :smallannoyed:

(The annoyment is joke, btw :smallsmile:)

@refs

Do I need to be standing to scatter bridge? or can I be prone/kneeling?

TheFallenOne
2010-04-25, 10:26 AM
Figured you wouldn't invest 150 GP just to force me to drink a potion(and you'll have to make a CL test first too). Well, I'm sure the potions will be useful in another match too :smallbiggrin: I guess we're ready to go then?

Starting Location, held items
B14, shield equiped, harpoon in hand

Castiel
Sorry confused the sides there. I'll move to J14 then, you best get behind me in I14 for cover

Scorer
2010-04-25, 11:10 AM
In this whole match I will have a ":smallannoyed:" face before my name and turn marker, and everytime you see it you will know I'm maaaaaad!!!! :smalltongue:

:smallannoyed: Aguacatl 1st Turn

Start in Y13 with two scrolls in hand.

Free: "Good luck pal"
Double move to: P13

Tunatl starts in Z13 and double moves to R14

STATS

Aguacatl started @ Y13
Aguacatl ended @ P13
HP 5/5
AC 21 (10 +6 dex, +1 size, +2 armor, +2 shield) Touch 17 FF 15

99 Sling bullets left
(none carried)

Hand 1 Wielding: Scroll of Jump
Hand 2 Wielding: Scroll of SNA

Spells Prepared:

L0 - Cure Minor wounds x3
L1 - Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds

No consumables used yet

Tunatl started @Z13
Tunatl ended @R14
HP 13/13
AC 16 (10 +2 dex, +4 natural armor) Touch 12 FF 14

No summons yet

Scorer
2010-04-25, 11:11 AM
Oh yeah, forgot something...

End of Turn

:smalltongue:

TheFallenOne
2010-04-25, 01:05 PM
Ref note
just a reminder to please check if Aguacatl starts with a medium load(>15 pound, 12,5 used for armor+shield, 1 per alchemist fire, 1/4 per sling bullet)

Master_Rahl22
2010-04-26, 07:28 AM
Shooter McArcher, Turn 1

LOS:
Start in Y-14 holding bow and scroll of Cat's Grace. Potion is in belt
Double move to Q-13

End of turn.

Stats:

HP: 12/12
AC: Full 16, FF 12, Touch 14
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1

Wizibirb
2010-04-26, 01:16 PM
Starting location and equip:

B-13
Start with a sling in one hand, one in belt, and a potion in mouth,

@ Sparta

You might want to have one potion at the ready,

Castiel turn 1

Delay to act till after sparta.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-26, 01:32 PM
Castiel
Hm, thought about it, but I'd rather waste a move action then giving up the ability to talk or having to drop my Protection from X potion if I need to drink one of my other potions. When it's your turn, you can just switch your potion to the hand to talk to me, then switch back. I don't have that luxury since I need my hands for shield and harpoons

SPARTA Cuss, Turn 1

Ref/LoS

WhisperWell, let's see how this turns out. Let's keep adjacent and talk to each other, i#ll try to set one of them up for you with a harpoon hit. Let's see who's the easiest way, I'd go for shooter unless they try the same thing with giving the other guy cover
Double move to J14
If LoS is established: switch harpoon to mouth, draw another as part of move

Stats

Hp: 11/11
AC: Full 22, Flat-Footed 11, Touch 21(+1 Dex, +8 Armor, +3 Shield)
Javelins left: 18
Harpoons left: 11

done

Wizibirb
2010-04-26, 02:08 PM
Refs/LoS

Double move to I-13
Free shift potion to hand
speak

It is diagonal back oone for cover correct? And can you pull one of them into the quick sand after you harpoon them?

Free shift potion back to mouth.

Getting LoS,

done other than that

TheFallenOne
2010-04-26, 02:22 PM
Ref/Los

*mumble mumble mumble* mouth occupied(assuming LoS, better save than sorry). I believe gesticulating can't be done any time like speech?

Ref Question

That's a good question sanity raised. Harpoons in Frostburn mention I can limit an enemies movement with the trailing rope, but how exactly does that work? Do I need another hand to hold the rope included in the harpoon or would the rope just be in the hand I used for throwing the harpoon?

Scorer
2010-04-27, 12:22 PM
I'm still waiting for LoS here before taking my turn

TheFallenOne
2010-04-27, 12:44 PM
sure, unless you guys went hiding we'll most likely have to rewind to mine or sanitys turn because of established LoS anyway

Sallera
2010-04-27, 04:47 PM
Clarification needed.

Aguacatl:Armour + shield + fire means you're in a medium load, so you can only make it 60ft, and P13 is 65. Please revise your movement.

Scorer
2010-04-27, 09:13 PM
@Refs

I'm not taking all of my Alchemists, one of the drawbacks of having STR at 6 :smallfrown:

Sallera
2010-04-27, 10:01 PM
Refs:Splat.

Castiel:SPARTA is in F14.

SPARTA:When you reach F14, you see Tunatl in R14, Aguacatl in P13, and Shooter in Q13. You may revise your turn from this point.

Aguacatl:Hm, alright. Please note such things next time, as you're generally assumed to be carrying anything on your sheet that you don't say you aren't. Shooter is in Q13. SPARTA is in F14.

Shooter:Aguacatl is in P13. Tunatl is in R14. SPARTA is in F14.

Rewind to SPARTA's turn.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 12:46 AM
SPARTA enters F14
Free: Yell "Aguacatl P13, Tunatl R14, Shooter Q13. Stick to the plan, fall in behind me in I14"
Continue on to J14

done

Scorer
2010-04-28, 10:50 AM
:smallannoyed: Aguacatl 2nd Turn

Start casting spell from scroll

End of Turn

STATS

Aguacatl started @ P13
Aguacatl ended @ P13
HP 5/5

99 Sling bullets left
(none carried)

Spells Prepared:

Jump scroll used

Tunatl started @Z13
Tunatl ended @R14
HP 13/13

No summons yet

Sorry forgot the delay :smallredface:

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 10:53 AM
we rewinded to my turn, so Castiels is still missing

Scorer
2010-04-28, 11:16 AM
Gomen ne :smallredface:

Wizibirb
2010-04-28, 11:44 AM
Continue Move to I14.

End turn.

Scorer
2010-04-28, 11:45 AM
:smallannoyed: Aguacatl 2nd Turn

Start casting spell from scroll

End of Turn

STATS

Aguacatl started @ P13
Aguacatl ended @ P13
HP 5/5

99 Sling bullets left
(none carried)

Spells Prepared:

Jump scroll used

Tunatl started @Z13
Tunatl ended @R14
HP 13/13

No summons yet

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 11:50 AM
Free Whisper to Castiel
That must be a Summon, all his other scrolls have a casting time of 1 standard, so would be finished casting. For some reason he forgot to move his Animal Companion. Let's see what Shooter does and then talk about our plan from here on

Wizibirb
2010-04-28, 11:57 AM
Free whisper to Sparta:

grunt, grunt, *potion in mouth* Nod

Edit -
and I was not missing I was sleeping. Thank you very much.:smalltongue:

Scorer
2010-04-28, 11:58 AM
Free whisper to McShooter

Remember to ready an action to scatter the bridge, and as soon as they drink their potions, we bail out!

Master_Rahl22
2010-04-28, 12:25 PM
Shooter McArcher, Turn 2

Free: 5ft step to P-14
Standard: Ready an action
Scatter the bridge as soon as one of my opponents is on it

End of turn.

Stats:

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 12:30 PM
Free Whisper

That sure as hell is a readied to scatter the bridge once we're on it. Guess they want to get us to drink our protection potions, then scatter the planks and retreat, outwaiting the potions. Here's my suggestion: you drink the potion, I'll keep mine in reserve. The summons are a way bigger threat to you, for me they'd need a 20 to hit. I'll instead try to harpoon Shooter, this is likely the best shot I'll get without cover and range penalties, if I hit their retreat plans are messed up thanks to the harpoon effect. What do you think?

Wizibirb
2010-04-28, 12:33 PM
LoS

nod nod

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 12:41 PM
SPARTA Cuss, Turn 2

5 foot step to K14
Swift: Activate Law Devotion to attack
Standard: man the harpoons at Shooter
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

If hit: Reflex DC 10+damage dealt or

Harpoon lodges in target. Movement halved, no running or charging. Removing the harpoon is a full-round action and requires two free hands. Removing it deals same damage again unless you succeed on a DC 15 Heal check

Free: Yell "This!"
Move: draw another harpoon
Law Devotion to AC

Stats

AC: Full 25, Flat-Footed 14, Touch 24(+1 Dex, +8 Armor, +3 Shield, +3 Sacred)
Harpoons left: 10

Law Devotion: 10/10 left

done

edit: damn. lucky bastich :smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2010-04-28, 12:56 PM
Castiel 2.0

take a 5 ft step to J-14
Free move potion to off hand
Down the potion!
Free drop vial
whisper

you know in order for this plan to work you actually have to harpoon them correct? :smalltongue:
Get him next time and perhaps you should of readied an action instead. but eh we will keep doing what we are doing

End turn

stats

hp 9/9
ac: 15

Yes sorry forgot the important stuff

Scorer
2010-04-28, 12:57 PM
Is that end of turn?

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 12:58 PM
Whisper
Well I was just one off, bad luck there. Let's see if they indeed run off after scattering the planks, leaving a summon to hold us off

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 01:10 PM
he edited in End Turn in case you missed it. Always better to make a new post for that if you ask me, otherwise the other players might not check the thread again, but that's just my opinion

Wizibirb
2010-04-28, 01:12 PM
Good point in that case

Yes my turn has ended.

Scorer
2010-04-28, 01:27 PM
:smallannoyed: Aguacatl 3rd Turn

Free: Drop empty scroll
Free: "Fall back! Fall back to Minas Tirith!"
Move: Scatter Bridge
Move: To T13 and then out of LoS to

W12

Tunatl moves to T14 and then out of LoS to
U4

End of Turn

STATS

Aguacatl started @ P13
Aguacatl ended @ W12
HP 5/5

99 Sling bullets left
(none carried)

Hand 1 Wielding: Free

Spells Prepared:

Jump scroll used

Jump 2/10 Rounds not that it matters...

Tunatl started @R14
Tunatl ended @U4
HP 13/13

No summons yet

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 01:29 PM
so, what about your Summon, did it appear out of LoS? :smallconfused:

Scorer
2010-04-28, 01:34 PM
What summon?

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 01:35 PM
That scroll you used. It can only have been Summon Natures Ally I

Scorer
2010-04-28, 01:36 PM
No, it wasn't.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 01:40 PM
well, then you did something wrong.

The only other scrolls you have are Jump, CLW, Heat/Chill Metal

You didn't say you cast a spell from a scroll, but "Start casting spell from scroll", leading us to believe you use a spell with 1 round casting time. The only such scrolls you have are SNA

Furthermore, because of Spellgifted you Caster Level for non-conjuration spells is 0, so you have to make a CL test to use any scrolls that are not conjuration. Since you didn't do a CL test, it can only have been CLW or SNA

Scorer
2010-04-28, 01:43 PM
Mhhh.. about the Caster level check I forgot

Caster Level check DC 2
[roll0]

And as long as I know you can take more time to cast a spell...

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 01:46 PM
I don't know if you can. Either way, the lack of a CL check led me to believe that you cast SNA, so we should have grounds for a rewind

Scorer
2010-04-28, 01:47 PM
And what if I was deliberatedly bluffing?

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 01:53 PM
then you should have chosen a scroll of a conjuration spell for the bluff so the CL check doesn't betray you :smallcool: The bluff was a good idea, but performed in an illegal fashion

Sallera
2010-04-28, 01:55 PM
As far I as I can tell, it is not possible to voluntarily extend the casting time of a spell, so any further casting would be a Bluff check, which you didn't make.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 01:56 PM
so he'd finish the spell in his round, rewind to where then?

Sallera
2010-04-28, 01:57 PM
Aguacatl's turn after finishing the spell.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-28, 02:04 PM
Free Whisper
Well, that's no SNA then. It must be his Scroll of Jump, only scroll he has that requires a CL check DC 2. Forget the potion for now, I say I ready an action to throw my harpoon at whoever tries to scatter the planks, you should maybe try to hit one of them with a ranged weapon as well, we're at short range and no cover

Wizibirb
2010-04-28, 02:06 PM
LoS

Nod nod

Scorer
2010-04-28, 03:34 PM
whisper to Shooter

Ok, there goes the neigborhood :smallannoyed: now what should we do?

Master_Rahl22
2010-04-29, 12:50 PM
Shooter McArcher, Turn 2 redux

Free: 5ft step to P-14
Free: Whisper
I'm going to scatter the bridge, hit bucket of bolts over there with a chill or heat metal spell then we take off.
Scatter the bridge as soon as one of my opponents is on it, or if Aguacatl's turn ends.

End of turn.

Stats:

TheFallenOne
2010-04-29, 12:59 PM
still Aguacatls turn. Guess he waited for an answer from you to his whisper

Master_Rahl22
2010-04-29, 08:18 PM
Hmm, I guess he's only used a standard action. Well then, consider my whisper the answer to him, and I'll redo my turn since I went out of order.

Scorer
2010-04-29, 09:05 PM
:smallannoyed: Aguacatl 2nd Turn Patched

Standard: Start and end... casting spell from scroll

Move: Draw another Scroll
Free: Whisper to McArcher

It would be useless, they have the potions of resist, and they would have enough time to drink them before taking actual damage... Just stay back of me, I will scatter bridge and use Full defense

Tunatl double moves to K14

End of Turn

STATS

Aguacatl started @ P13
Aguacatl ended @ P13
HP 5/5

99 Sling bullets left
(none carried)

Hand 1 Wielding: Scroll of SNA

Spells Prepared:

Jump scroll used
Jump 1/10

Tunatl started @R14
Tunatl ended @K14
HP 13/13

No summons yet

Master_Rahl22
2010-04-30, 09:18 AM
Shooter McArcher, Turn 2 third time's a charm

Full round: Rapid Fire Sparta Cuss
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

End of turn.

Stats:

Master_Rahl22
2010-04-30, 09:19 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

TheFallenOne
2010-04-30, 09:33 AM
... a 20 and a 17, really? Unbelievable

One gets blocked, the other hits

edit: just now noticed the AC moved to K14, giving me cover. So I'm still unscathed

Whisper to Castiel
well, they left the bridge and noone readied an action, so we could go across, but they block the squares on the other side. You could try grappling Shooter(Aguacatl has the lower grapple mod, but also higher touch AC). Of course, if that fails and you still stand on the bridge at the end you're in trouble when they scatter it, so it's risky... What do you think?

delay after Castiel so he can switch his potion to the hand and answer me

Ref question
What exactly is the policy on keeping rolls after a rewind? If I attack again, would I keep the attack roll if I attack the same target, if I attack another target, if I attack with a different weapon etc?

TheFallenOne
2010-04-30, 09:50 AM
O.o another whisper
ahahaha, I just saw Shooter forgot this time to 5 foot step to P14, he's still in Q13. So one of us could move to P14 and attack one of them with no risk of staying on the bridge. I say you do it, it 7 squares movement(you can pass through my square unobstructed) and try to grapple Shooter or Aguacatl, Shooter is easier to hit with touch, Aguacatl is easier to defeat in a grapple. If you succeed you enter their square, so I can move to P14 after you and use my psionic tattoo to get some extra hit points after that lucky shot. Then we're both right next to them, big trouble for team ranged
I could also try punching one of them after going to P14, they'd have to retreat anyway and can't get an attack in
edit: and here I overlooked that the animal companion moved to K14, blocking our way. Well, seems he sacrificed his companion to block our retreat. Forget what I said, we'll have to take out the companion first.
Unfortunately, I'm standing in your way. my suggestion: you delay again, I punch it, then move out of your way, you grapple it.

Scorer
2010-04-30, 02:21 PM
edit: just now noticed the AC moved to K14, giving me cover. So I'm still unscathed

It still hits you, a Nat 20 always hits you.

TheFallenOne
2010-04-30, 02:30 PM
yes, but both need to hit to get past my Block Arrow feat, so no dice

Scorer
2010-04-30, 02:33 PM
could you give me a brief description of such feat please?

TheFallenOne
2010-04-30, 02:36 PM
practically word for word the same as Deflect Arrows, only you need a shield instead of a free hand to use it. And it doesn't even have a prerequisite feat :smallbiggrin:

Wizibirb
2010-04-30, 04:11 PM
Castiel
Los

nod nod

Delay till after sparta

TheFallenOne
2010-04-30, 04:31 PM
I actually delayed so you could switch the potion to your hand and give me a more complex answer :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

SPARTA Cuss, Turn 2

Whisper
You know, you could still move to P14(exactly 8 squares) and have a standard action left to attack, though you'd take an AoO from the Animal Companion instead of grappling the latter. Your call
Not sure on the policy of keeping rolls, I attack another target with another weapon now. If I keep the roll, I'd hit. In case a reroll is necessary, here it comes

Free: "Be obedient and go to sleep doggie"
Free: Switch harpoon to mouth
Swift: Activate Law Devotion to attack
Standard: Slam on the animal companion [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
5 foot step to K13(or does the quicksand count as a hard corner? If there's any problem with this I'll instead take a move action to I13 after switching Law Devotion to AC, provoking an AoO.
Relevant rule quotes:

" You can’t move diagonally past a corner (even by taking a 5-foot step). You can move diagonally past a creature, even an opponent.

You can also move diagonally past other impassable obstacles, such as pits. "

So 5 foot stepping past a square of quicksand or an enemy is fine, though both at the same time may be questionable. )
Law Devotion to AC

Stats

Harpoons left: 11

Law Devotion: 10/10 left

done

Wizibirb
2010-04-30, 05:05 PM
Move to p-14
standard give Aguacatl a nice hug

[roll0] - MTA
[roll1] grapple check
If I win
[roll2] Non lethal
I am not using my armored spikes.

ummm how does it work if we tie?

TheFallenOne
2010-04-30, 05:09 PM
won't happen, his grapple modifier is what, -6(4 size, 2 strength)?

That's a hit vs Touch AC and a win on the grapple. Pending AoO from Tunatl for leaving a threatened square

Wizibirb
2010-04-30, 05:12 PM
No I was referring to the tie of my 17 vs his 17 touch ac

TheFallenOne
2010-04-30, 05:14 PM
If the attack roll equals the AC it is a hit as usual

Wizibirb
2010-04-30, 05:29 PM
For some reason, I could not find that rule/remember it thanks :smallsmile:

sorry for being forgetful

Scorer
2010-04-30, 08:39 PM
Tunatl AoO

Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll1]
If Crit
[roll0]
Additional Damage
[roll3]

If Hit, try to trip

[roll4]

EDIT: Yei No Aguacatl dead yet!

Scorer
2010-04-30, 11:56 PM
Hum... I got lost, who's turn is it?

Wizibirb
2010-05-01, 01:41 AM
so I is tripped? Or do I get to make a save against it?

If so my modifier to save against the trip would be 10 (6+4 because I am a size category larger correct?)

TheFallenOne
2010-05-01, 04:43 AM
just +6, the dog is medium too. Seems they got of very lucky here :smallannoyed: I knew I should have deliberately provoked an AoO, but only thought of this after posting my turn

Well, make your strength check, if you fail you end up prone in J14, still having your standard action left

Also, Scorer, your bonus on the trip roll is 2, not 3

Come on sanity, you need a 22 with a +6 bonus and Aguacatl is out, you can do it :smallsmile:

Scorer
2010-05-01, 09:25 AM
Also, Scorer, your bonus on the trip roll is 2, not 3

You're absolutely right... I though it was +3 because that's the listed damage bonus on SRD... which now that I think of it, where does it comes from? :smallconfused:

TheFallenOne
2010-05-01, 09:29 AM
if a creature has only a single natural attack, it gets 1,5 strength bonus. Same reason my Warforged does 1d4+6 with his slam

Scorer
2010-05-01, 09:39 AM
Oooohhh!!! didn't know that, thanks a lot mister, that's new lore for me. :smallsmile:

TheFallenOne
2010-05-01, 09:47 AM
yeah, that one often gets overlooked because most characters don't have natural attacks. My Eberron DM also disallowed my Warforged Unit 743A to use this rule because forged most likely weren't intended to do 1,5 str with their slam and it would make weapons unnecessary for them.
The last one is right, SPARTA really doesn't need a melee weapon :smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2010-05-01, 01:01 PM
*preys to the god of the dice*
I will sacrifice 10 souls it you allow me to roll higher than a 16
Drum roll...............

Trip check-

[roll0] <-------- DAMN IT!

vollmond
2010-05-01, 01:13 PM
Shouldn't that have been a d20?

Scorer
2010-05-01, 01:31 PM
Indeed, that's a d20, not d6 :smalltongue:

vollmond
2010-05-01, 01:37 PM
I would have been really impressed if he rolled a 16 with that :smallwink:

TheFallenOne
2010-05-01, 03:39 PM
aaargh, so we're still waiting

I unfortunately can't sacrifice any souls for that roll, I have my hands full with the 10.000 I need for Kyeudo :smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2010-05-01, 03:46 PM
huh, I rolled a d6 >.> sorry about that I didn't notice
well hear we go again
10 souls to the gods of luck if I roll above 16

[roll0]

TheFallenOne
2010-05-01, 03:53 PM
damn, those guys really got lucky here. If only I thought of intentionally provoking an AoO myself earlier :smallannoyed:

Scorer
2010-05-01, 04:13 PM
Who's turn is now?

TheFallenOne
2010-05-01, 04:19 PM
still Castiels. He was tripped during his move action, so he still has his standard left

Free: Raise my fist to the sky, pointer extended in a ridiculously cliche pose

Wizibirb
2010-05-01, 06:22 PM
standard - get up.(its a standered right?)

end turn

vollmond
2010-05-01, 06:36 PM
It's a move, actually, but same difference in this case.

Scorer
2010-05-01, 06:38 PM
My last turn was in page 3 :smalltongue:

:smallannoyed: Aguacatl 3rd Turn

Tunatl attacks Castiel

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
If Crit
[roll2]
Additional Damage
[roll3]

If hit, tries to Trip

[roll4]

Tunatl then moves to P13

Free: drop both scrolls
Aguacatl scatters bridge and readies an action

To scatter bridge if someone moves over it in the M lane.

End of Turn

STATS

Aguacatl started @ P13
Aguacatl ended @ P13
HP 5/5

99 Sling bullets left
(none carried)

Hand 2 Wielding: Free

Spells Prepared:

Jump scroll used
Jump 2/10

Tunatl started @K14
Tunatl ended @P14
HP 5/13

No summons yet

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-01, 08:24 PM
Waiting on whether Castiel is tripped again before I make my turn.

Wizibirb
2010-05-01, 09:56 PM
[roll0]

Edit-
:smallmad::smallmad::smallmad::smallmad::smallmad: :smallmad::smallmad::smallmad::smallmad::smallmad: :smallmad::smallmad::smallmad::smallmad::smallmad: :smallmad::smallmad:

TheFallenOne
2010-05-02, 06:20 AM
OK, by now your luck is really getting ridiculous

Tunatl provokes an AoO both from me and Castiel for moving away(though prone, he still threatens adjacent squares, albeit has -4 attack)

Law Devotion to Attack
SLAM! [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Law Devotion to AC

edit: well, at least the companion is down now

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-02, 07:12 AM
Shooter McArcher, Turn 3

Free: Whisper
Can you cast Cat's Grace from this scroll on me?
Free: Drop a scroll on the ground
Full round: Rapid Fire Castiel (who even though prone has a lower AC than SPARTA)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

End of turn.

Stats:

TheFallenOne
2010-05-02, 10:42 AM
can I go ahead then, Scorer? you could ask for a rewind because of the downed companion

Castiel may still make his AoO on Tunatl, though I'm not sure if Tunatl would be conscious or unconscious for the attack since the AoOs should happen simultaneously

Wizibirb
2010-05-02, 02:53 PM
prone is +4 ac correct?

And yea I am going to make sure that puppy does not trip me again..... Don't care if he would be down :smallannoyed:

[roll]1d+6

stats:

Hp: -4
ac: 19 (15+4 from being prone)

Wizibirb
2010-05-02, 02:54 PM
[roll0] sorry about that

Wizibirb
2010-05-02, 02:56 PM
huh should of seen that it was a crit before I posted again

confirm crit
[roll0]
[roll1]

that dog is uber down >.>

TheFallenOne
2010-05-02, 02:59 PM
you wasted some awesome rolls on a already down doggy there buddy :smalltongue:

Scorer
2010-05-02, 03:16 PM
Nevermind, Dog's gone

TheFallenOne
2010-05-02, 03:23 PM
can I take my turn then Scorer?

Scorer
2010-05-02, 03:32 PM
Well, yes... Why should I stop you? :smalltongue:

But If I can choose, I say you can delay your turn until further notice:smallbiggrin:

TheFallenOne
2010-05-02, 03:38 PM
na, I'd rather reunite you with your puppy :smalltongue:

SPARTA Cuss, Turn 3

Whisper
Stay behind me for cover, just stand up and shoot one of them. Next round we'll reassemble the planks and get them

Free: Switch harpoon to hand
Free: "Tonight we dine ON DOG STEEEEW!"
Law Devotion to Attack
Standard: catch a goblin [roll0] :smallmad: fail
Damage [roll1]
Move to K14, carelessly trampling the fresh corpse
Free as part of move: draw harpoon
Law Devotion to AC

Stats

Harpoons left: 10

Law Devotion: 9/10 left

done

Wizibirb
2010-05-02, 04:07 PM
Castiel 2.0

move stand up
Free move potion to hand
whisper

welllll that sucked.... alot
and hey I got that crit you wanted..... :smallsigh: it just happened to be on the thing that stoped me from killing off one of them

I am going to attack the goblin.

move potion back to mouth

switch sling to main hand
attack the goblin of doom!!!!!
[roll0]
[roll1]
drop sling

stats

ac: 15

Scorer
2010-05-02, 04:46 PM
:smallannoyed: Aguacatl 4th Turn

Move: Pick up scroll
Standard: Cast from scroll

Cat's Grace on Shooter.
CL check DC 4
[roll0]

End of Turn

STATS

Aguacatl started @ P13
Aguacatl ended @ P13 prone
HP 5/5
AC 21 +4 vs ranged (10 +6 dex, +1 size, +2 armor, +2 shield) Touch 17 FF 15

99 Sling bullets left
(none carried)

Hand 2 Wielding: Free

Spells Prepared:

Jump scroll used
Jump 3/10

Tunatl started @K14
Tunatl ended @K14
HP -10/13

No summons yet

Scorer
2010-05-02, 04:48 PM
@refs/Shooter

Sorry, I just screwed your scroll
:smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:

Wisdom check DC 5 [roll0]

EDIT: Hum, well, what happens now? Is that a mishap?

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-02, 06:32 PM
@Refs/Aguacatl:
Well, the closest I can find in the rules is the skill DC section, and the DC is the number you have to roll greater than or equal to in order to succeed. It seems like we have no mishap.

Sallera
2010-05-03, 01:06 AM
Shooter/Aguacatl:Nat 1 on the mishap check is indeed always a failure. Now, if I'm not mistaken, we use the damage mishap as default, since it requires the least adjudication, so the scroll is wasted and Aguacatl takes [roll0] damage.
Carry on.

TheFallenOne
2010-05-03, 02:53 AM
hm, would I be able to see the CL check he has to make on his scrolls(can't be SNA because of casting time, or CLW since none of them is wounded)? If not, would I see the target of the spell(like when he touches Shooter for Cats Grace)?

Scorer
2010-05-04, 08:08 PM
Let's say that...

*Aguacatl drops prone unconciouss...*

TheFallenOne
2010-05-05, 12:16 AM
wait, what?

*off to reread scroll mishaps*

edit: so let me get this straight. You rolled a 3 or lower on the CL check, then a 1 on the wisdom check to avoid a mishap, then, in some random way not disclosed by RAW, determined the damaging effect and took 2d6(lvl 2 spell) damage and rolled a 6 or higher to go down... Wow

I've started playing D&D right after 3rd edition was released and never saw a scroll mishap. Though I won't complain :smallbiggrin:

Scorer
2010-05-05, 10:33 AM
Is it... Shooter's turn?

TheFallenOne
2010-05-05, 10:47 AM
yeah

By the way, when would you be able to replace your dead AC - between matches, between rounds?

Scorer
2010-05-05, 10:50 AM
Between matches, and as far as I know, they come back to live as familiars, as free, not as mounts.

hustlertwo
2010-05-05, 10:54 AM
Actually, I think familiars cost to revive. But ACs might be free. It should be listed in either the first page of the Waiting Room or the Recruitment Thread.

TheFallenOne
2010-05-05, 10:56 AM
Losing familiars actually costs you XP and getting a new one costs money. ACs on the other hand cost you nothing, so you get of lightly

Though you should name him Tunatl II or something like that to honor our accopmplishment :smalltongue:

Scorer
2010-05-05, 10:56 AM
*mumble mumble* :smallannoyed:

TheFallenOne
2010-05-05, 11:02 AM
hm, wait, would you then end up with a dog carcass in your inventory? What's the price of that by RAW, would you be willing to sell it as a trophy? :smalltongue:

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-05, 12:06 PM
And now we see the problem with Faith Healing in team matches. :smallannoyed:

Shooter McArcher, Turn 4

Full round: Rapid Fire Castiel (darnit I want to take someone with me)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
5ft step to R-12

End of turn.

Stats:

TheFallenOne
2010-05-05, 12:26 PM
SPARTA Cuss, Turn 4

Whisper
Well, looking good right now, they have no way to heal Aguacatl. He's too far away to scatter the bridge again, maybe you should get it back up so we can go into melee. I'll try to slow him down with a harpoon

Law Devotion to Attack
Standard: ranged attack on Shooter [roll0] -2 range
Damage [roll1]

If hit make a Reflex save DC 10+damage dealt or
Harpoon lodges in target. Speed halved, no running or charging allowed. Harpoon can be removed with a full-round action requiring two free hands and deals the same amount of damage again unless a DC 15 heal check is made
Move: pick up the dog carcass and drop him into the quicksand. Just for the hell of it :smalltongue: (well, actually this was my plan to remove the unconscious AC from the game without wasting an attack, and now I have nothing better to do with my move anyway)
Law Devotion to AC

Stats

Harpoons left: 9

Law Devotion: 8/10 left

done

Wizibirb
2010-05-05, 01:24 PM
Castiel -
Free move potion from mouth to hand
Yell -
Using partner as cover for the win! >.> serriously that is the only thing keeping me alive this game.
full round action -
unscatter the bridge!

whisper -

well it looks like luck evened things out with the whole me being tripped twice business next turn we go after him..... however we must be careful of readied actions as that could be very deadly.

free-
move potion back to mouth
end turn
stats

ac: 15 + 4 from cover = 19

TheFallenOne
2010-05-05, 01:31 PM
Whisper
Drop the potion next round, they can't heal Aguacatl, so no summons to worry about

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-06, 06:46 AM
Shooter McArcher, Turn 5

Move: Move to P-13
Move if an opponent moves into the M column of the map.

End of turn.

Stats:

TheFallenOne
2010-05-06, 06:55 AM
SPARTA Cuss, Turn 5

Whisper
Well, as we assumed he most likely will scatter the bridge when we go over it, so keep up the ranged attacks. Hm, maybe you could get through the quicksand with your swim speed if you want to play more aggressively?

Move: draw harpoon
Law Devotion to Attack
Standard: ranged attack on Shooter [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

If hit make a Reflex save DC 10+damage dealt or
Harpoon lodges in target. Speed halved, no running or charging allowed. Harpoon can be removed with a full-round action requiring two free hands and deals the same amount of damage again unless a DC 15 heal check is made
Law Devotion to AC

Stats

Harpoons left: 8

Law Devotion: 7/10 left

done

ow, that must have hurt. Well, if you're readied is to scatter the bridge and not to move away/drop prone when attacked this is it

Free: This! Is! KEBAB!

Master_Rahl22
2010-05-06, 12:08 PM
SPARTA Cuss: "GET OVER HERE!!"

Announcer: "FINISH HIM!"

Yeah, Shooter is at -2 now. GG

TheFallenOne
2010-05-06, 12:18 PM
> > < < > SLAM!

"FATALITY!"

good news right after coming home :smallbiggrin: good game guys. Oh, thanks for the souls Scorer :smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2010-05-06, 12:57 PM
YEA I DID NOTHING! :smallfrown:

TheFallenOne
2010-05-06, 01:05 PM
well, you did kill a doggie that was already down :smalltongue:

But don't be too harsh with yourself, you would have taken out Aguacatl if it weren't for that lucky trip AoO. This game was full of crazy rolls. The two trips, my harpoons failing miserably until I hit for maximum damage, the scroll mishap, your crit... Every roll was either unbelievably good or bad, nothing average

Wizibirb
2010-05-06, 01:14 PM
this is true especially when it came to that second trip :smallfurious:

all I had to roll was a 13 ((I think and honestly to lazy to go find out))

well good game guys hope to play you again ((actually not really you guys are way to lucky for my taste. )):smalltongue:

Sallera
2010-05-06, 02:21 PM
High Ref Sallera

Castiel and SPARTA take the victory.

Scorer
2010-05-06, 07:41 PM
Yeah, the scroll mishap was a double Nat 1...

And now a big :smallannoyed:

I didn't want to be part of the souls for Kyeu-chan

TheFallenOne
2010-05-07, 05:11 AM
sorry but when he demands 10.000 I can't spare anyone :smallbiggrin:

And maybe I'll get your soul again if you guys make it to the final

Wizibirb
2010-05-07, 12:47 PM
Oi no one ever answered my question can you use the rope on the end of a harpoon to drag someone into the quick sand?

after you have harpooned them that is

TheFallenOne
2010-05-07, 01:17 PM
I don't think so. They need an opposed strength check to move themselves, but the description says nothing about me being able to move them. Though of course I'd be in favour of it :smallbiggrin:

Wizibirb
2010-05-07, 01:31 PM
Thats what I meant though, could you pull them into the quick sand? because if you could then no matter who it was if they got harpooned, and survived, all you have to do is pull to put an end to them :smallbiggrin:

Why Yes I am devious why do you ask? :smallconfused:

TheFallenOne
2010-05-07, 01:45 PM
If I could pull on the harpoon myself I'd just rip it out again, getting 2x d10+4 should be a gameender for almost anyone without rageclaws :smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2010-05-07, 01:49 PM
Not if they are a barbarian and you roll a 1 ((just sayin))