PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the Wall of Smoke

V for Victory
2010-04-22, 02:01 PM
You were living your day to day life, doing whatever you normally would. Suddenly a black bag goes over your face, blinding you. You are then teleported to a cold, wet place. You hear foot steps walk away from you and you hear a heavy door close.

"Wait hear for a moment, he'll be with ya shortly"

What do you do?

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-23, 06:30 AM
Thraan

Sat with a bag over his head Thraan was furious. He was not to be treated this way, the one day he had forgotten to top up his security measures. Thrax would pay for this. However he was a dignified creature, he would sit and wait patiently.

And then rip the face off whoever did this to him.

Then he changed his mind and removed the bag, waiting grew wearisome.

"Mortals, who are you and why aren't you grovelling."

TheStillWind
2010-04-27, 12:50 AM
[B]Tellvos[B]

Alert and angry Tellvos tears the bag off his head. He gives the room a once over then screams at no one in particular. "Don't be surprised if I neglect to welcome HIM with an open palm!" His fists close and he punches the ground. The room explodes into a 60ft burst of blinding light. The anger passes a few moments later and the light returns to normal.

The light is one of my abilities Child of Shadow and Light. I'm just using it for effect and not labeling anyone as an enemy just yet so no dazzle.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-27, 03:18 AM
Thraan

At the burst of light Thraan lets out a colossal roar, flames whipping around his mouth and jets of smoke bursting forth from his nostrils.

"Do not do that again peasant, or I guarantee it will be the last thing you ever do!

V for Victory
2010-04-27, 04:51 PM
You hear a heavy laughing from beyond the door. The room around you is made of cobblestone and has an iron door.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-27, 04:52 PM
Thraan

Thraan hears the laughing.

"Open the door immediately or I will annihilate you."

His voice is steady but filled with hate.

V for Victory
2010-04-27, 05:01 PM
You see the door slowly creak open. There is a long hallway made of similar cobblestone, at the end of the hallway the laughing man, he is dressed in expensive clothing and he is surrounded on either side by an armored assistant. I would hate for my lovely guests too be unhappy with me says the one laughing man Let me introduce myself, you can call me Duke Lonniton

TheStillWind
2010-04-27, 07:31 PM
Tellvos

With a calm tone, "Guests aren't usually ambushed in the night. There needs to be good explanation for this"

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-28, 06:58 AM
Thraan

"You will pay for this insolence, why am I here?"

-------------
Ready Action to use Breath Weapon if anyone looks like they might attacks.

V for Victory
2010-04-28, 09:26 AM
Ummm, because I said so? That's really the only reason you need to be here. But you were chosen individually for a *ahem* variety of reasons. Now you two have been brought here for individual reasons. Our freind who so kindly illuminated the room has a bounty on his head and I propose to have that removed. And our freind of the more scaley inclination has been summoned because there has been rumor of a being not unlike yourself doing *heh-heh-heh* very bad things and I offer to make that rumor dissapear. Now for these wonderful services I will provide I would request a form of community service from you two.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-28, 09:33 AM
Thraan

"I am a Red, there are always rumours about me, why should one more trouble me? And that besides, I could just eat you and be done with it. Why should I help you?"

Thraan has a slightly smug look on his face as he speaks.

-----------------
Is that angry icon on your last post aimed at anyone in particular?

V for Victory
2010-04-28, 10:16 AM
Well as a govenor of of this area it is my responisbility to maintain saftey, I may be forced to act upon these rumors for the protection of the people.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-30, 01:06 PM
Thraan

"I'd love to see you try mortal."

He speaks with an angry snarl to his words.

V for Victory
2010-04-30, 01:52 PM
Look around you, can't you see I already have! You can't get out of here. There is simply no way! And I'm not saying I can win against in a fight against you, I'm saying I can leave you here all alone with no food and no water.

TheStillWind
2010-05-01, 10:00 AM
Tellvos

"As much as I like listening to these threats you keep trading I would like to get on with the point of this. The dragon is right to be mad. If you wanted us here to do something for you, you should have asked with respect. Ambushes and dark rooms don't make for amiable business partners. Can we go somewhere a little less restrictive. What do you want from us."

V for Victory
2010-05-01, 11:47 AM
Well as for a change in scenery I think I like it here, seems cozy. But I'd be glad to tell you why you're here. You are currently in the nation of Micortia, you haven't heard of us, I can almost guarantee that. We are a very small nation. And sometimes we have a few problems with out neighbors from under the mountains. Currently there is an anarchist mindflayer who is preparing to launch an assault on our border. We would like you two to dispatch of him. We don't know much but we do know that he has been building a fortress of some kind in the woods at a mountain's base. I would look there if I were you.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-01, 12:04 PM
Thraan

"So you kidnapped me to do the dirty work of a nation I've never heard of, is of no consequence to me, using blackmail that doesn't threaten me? You're not too bright are you? Maybe stick a sum of gold on top of your offer and I'll consider it."

V for Victory
2010-05-01, 01:19 PM
Of course, silly me I forgot to mention that part.*Ahem* Lonniton whispers to the armored man to his right who pulls out a scroll and holds it infront of Lonniton's face. After a moment of reading the scroll Lonnition resumes I have been instructed to offer you 10,000 gold each which you will receive once you bring me the mindflayer's head. Is this acceptable to you?

OOC: Make a sense motive check

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-01, 01:22 PM
((Sense Motive: [roll0] (Nat 20 :smallcool:) I'll post once I know whether it succeeded etc.))

TheStillWind
2010-05-02, 02:41 PM
"Before I agree to anything I want to know who posted the bounty on me and what crimes I'm being accused of."

sense motive
[roll0]

V for Victory
2010-05-02, 07:47 PM
Sense Motive Results:
Kobold-Bard

You can tell he is obviously lying about how much he can pay you. However your not sure if he is inflating the amount he can pay you so that you take the quest or if he is trying to keep some of the money for himself

TheStillWind

You do not sense anything wrong with what he says

See for your self Lonniton turns again to the armored man on his right and is handed a sheet of paper which he throws at Tellevos. On the paper you see a picture that could be any teifling and it lists a series of assassinations that this teifling is believed to be responsible for as well as a longer list of thefts. The bounty on his head is 500,000gp.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-03, 01:38 PM
Thraan

"I'll do it. I'll be taking a bigger cut of the spoils mind you, but we can...negotiate that once you have your head."

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-04, 06:51 AM
Thraan

With that Thraan stood and stretched, checking himself to make sure that his enchanted items (disguised as scales) were still in place.

"Lead on then mortal."

TheStillWind
2010-05-04, 10:35 AM
Tellvos

"Ah I understand what this is. It is not the first time I've had to deal with this type of profiling because of my... heritage." He touches one of the horns hidden by his headband."Very well, I'll have to deal with this eventually, I might as well get some other benefit with it. I'm with you... tentatively" Tellvos folds the paper he was given and puts it his pouch, making sure the dragon doesn't see the reward.

V for Victory
2010-05-04, 01:44 PM
Very well now that we are all in agreement let's get out of here. Lonniton walks over to you, he says My freinds would like to teleport us out of here. So if you would just make contact with them please. The two figures in armor each hold out their hand, waiting for you.

TheStillWind
2010-05-05, 10:36 AM
Tellvos

Tellvos extends his hand to accept the magics.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-05, 10:55 AM
Thraan

Thraan will also hold out a wing.

V for Victory
2010-05-05, 01:25 PM
You see a flash of light and suddenly you are in a feild which lies between a forest and a small hamlet. All right, do you have any more questions before I turn you loose?

TheStillWind
2010-05-07, 12:38 PM
Tellvos

"Wait... There is an ilithid, it threatens you, and you want us to assassinate it. Is there anything more detailed you can tell us about what we will be facing? What kind of creatures are in its employ? Does it have any specific out of the ordinary abilities we should be worried about. Do you have a map of the area? "

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-12, 06:11 AM
Thraan

"Just have my reward ready for when I get back."

Thraan will stretch his wings and snort a small jet of fire onto a scale beneath his left one.

"Get out of there you lazy bastard and go scout around."

With a dull red flash a miniature replica of Thraan pops out of nowhere, stretches and takes to the air, circling around a few times at low altitude before retuning.

V for Victory
2010-05-12, 07:03 AM
Well the illithid in question has been threatening us for months and has recently started conjuring a fortress in the center for the forest. That's all I can tell you. and with that the three of them teleport away.

TheStillWind
2010-05-15, 08:44 AM
Tellvos

"I suppose we will need to refer to each other by something during this endeavor. You may call me Tellvos. I hope for a certain and swift end to this. It would be wise to give a summary of our skills as well. No one wants to be caught off guard."

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-17, 02:42 PM
Thraan

"You may call me Thraan, and my "skills" are a mastery of the arcane and that is all you need to know for now."

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-20, 07:05 AM
The miniature dragon lands and tells Thraan about the surrounding landscape before sidling off to one side and being quiet.