PDA

View Full Version : St. Ghylxzx the Legendary Were-lich-pire

shadow_archmagi
2010-04-22, 05:30 PM
So, in an upcoming Gestalt game, I plan to put Sorcerer on one side (Because I enjoy playing sorcerers) and nothing but LA on the other side.

I have two motives for this:

1. It'll be funny
2. No one can claim I was powergaming.

As such, I ask you forums: What templates should I shoot for? How does acquiring templates work? Note that this campaign is going to involve multiple DMs of which I am one, so I totally have DM backup here.

NOTE: Templates should be chosen based on, in no particular order:

1. Ease of acquisition. Crossing the earth nine times to get the favored by flarghnenal achievement is hard.

2. Coolness of name. I need a list of titles!

3. Complete uselessness.

hamishspence
2010-04-23, 02:46 AM
Half Vampire from Libris Mortis, Werecreature template, and Lich template (possibly gotten cheaply via Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror)

and you have a were-lich-pire.

JeminiZero
2010-04-23, 02:57 AM
I always had a soft spot for Evolved Undead in Gestalt. Its a stacking +1 LA template, so you can take it every time you level up. As the name implies, it can be applied to any undead.

Grants +2 to Str, Cha and +1 to Nat armor each time, along with some SLAs and fast healing. Combine with some source of Cha to AC for best effect.

Eldan
2010-04-23, 03:41 AM
Those are useful for a sorcerer, however.
You should instead take:

Feral (forgot where it was. Savage Species perhaps?) Not aqcuired, but also not really useful for a sorcerer.
Wendigo, perhaps? You need to get bitten, get the cold subtype and a nice fly speed. Also, you become a fey.
Half-golem?

Sliver
2010-04-23, 03:53 AM
Lolth-Touched, Nagpa, Arcane Blood, Corrupted, Poisonous, Stoneboned?

Adumbration
2010-04-23, 04:02 AM
Unholy Scion from Heroes of Horror?

Vulaas
2010-04-23, 04:49 AM
Phrenic Evolved (x13) Ghost?

Eldan
2010-04-23, 04:54 AM
Mineral Warrior? :smalltongue:

Heliomance
2010-04-23, 05:52 AM
Wendigo has an LA of -, meaning it's not available for PCs.

ghost_warlock
2010-04-23, 07:44 AM
No love for multi-headed winged mummified insectile characters?

Draxar
2010-04-23, 10:27 AM
2. No one can claim I was powergaming.

While the end result is likely to not be overpowered, I do note that you're gaining one relatively huge advantage over LA templates in a normal game – they're costed on the basis that you're losing out in hitpoints, skillpoints and saves that you'd get from levels/hitdice. Whereas you've got a class providing all of that, and a template providing extra statpoints and abilities. You'll have less duplication of effort than most gestalt characters.