PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Games Discussion

dresdor
2010-04-22, 07:14 PM
I'm looking for games that have a heavy crafting component (MMO or single player). Any suggestions?

Inhuman Bot
2010-04-22, 07:14 PM
Minecraft?

dresdor
2010-04-22, 10:19 PM
Minecraft?

How about no?

Ogremindes
2010-04-22, 10:26 PM
It's been a long time since I've played it, and I never got very far, but Icesus MUD (http://www.icesus.org/Icesus/) has a strong crafting element.

Inhuman Bot
2010-04-22, 10:28 PM
How about no?

Oh? Why not? :smallconfused:

There is an MMO that was undoubtadly /exactly/ what you want, but I can't find the name.

Anima
2010-04-22, 10:33 PM
Mana Khemias crafting system (Alchemy) is the centrepiece of the whole game.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time features an extensive crafting system. You can create new items and strengthen or combine old ones.

Morrowinds Enchanting has a lot of options, quite a few are really broken though.

KotOR II has upgradeable Equipment combined with a crafting system for components.

Amalith
2010-04-24, 09:45 PM
I'm having fun with the Fallen Earth trial, and it has a rather strong crafting focus (I'm pretty sure everything I am currently using I have crafted myself). The rest of the game might be considered a bit of a grind, but I find it rather enjoyable.

Erloas
2010-04-24, 10:21 PM
EVE has a very involved crafting system. Depending how exactly you want to define a crafting system, it could be anywhere from a fairly small part to covering most of the aspects of the game.

The biggest issue with EVE's crafting though is that it takes a lot of time and effort to get to the point in crafting where it is really useful and it takes whole alliances a lot more time and effort to get the ultra expensive blueprints, gather the resources, and hold the space to make some of it.

Lord Seth
2010-04-24, 10:56 PM
Oh? Why not? :smallconfused:

There is an MMO that was undoubtadly /exactly/ what you want, but I can't find the name.Maybe you could describe it and hopefully someone might recognize it?

Emong
2010-04-24, 11:01 PM
Wurm Online, maybe?