PDA

View Full Version : Favorite character ideas you never got to play

Sydonai
2010-04-22, 08:09 PM
A Pseudodragon sorcerer with a Pseudodragon familiar.

Just mention any idea you like but haven't been able to play for whatever reason.

Vallum
2010-04-22, 10:42 PM
Sir Malicartee Minatartous the 3rd

Spanish knight of awesomeness with an ancestral weapon given to him by his paladin grandfather, the sword was made by the grandfathers best friend, a yaun-ti blacksmith, and enchanted by the purple dwarven wizard adventuring pal.

And he was going to go on a quest to find the dwarf and yaun-ti to repair the ancestral weapon.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-22, 10:44 PM
Elpheba. Just...... A sorceress. A sorceress with a green dragon bloodline and lots of transmutation.

Divide by Zero
2010-04-22, 10:47 PM
A werebunny.

Ceric
2010-04-22, 10:47 PM
I had an elf... cleric I think whose name was Elfinlosiluinariel, just so people could call her "Elf" for short. They never did. They called her "<Nightmaj>". :(

White Blade
2010-04-22, 10:49 PM
A paladin of Ilmater who grew up on the streets and leads a gang. Ilmater takes care of the suffering poor by sending them someone to defend them.

Dienekes
2010-04-22, 10:52 PM
Lord (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKfbSHW9uGA&feature=fvw)Flashheart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b2R2BcMjYg)

Also Bingo Bango the knight with eight split personalities, of which I only actually plotted out four of them.

Zellic Solis
2010-04-22, 10:54 PM
Wererat rogue. GM dictated that since she was now evil she was an NPC. I was sooooo pissed.

Divide by Zero
2010-04-22, 10:57 PM
Wererat rogue. GM dictated that since she was now evil she was an NPC. I was sooooo pissed.

Bad DM! Evil characters are so much more fun to roleplay, if you do them right.

Doc Roc
2010-04-22, 10:59 PM
Swiftblade with 9th level spells.

Gan The Grey
2010-04-22, 11:09 PM
I had a Feral Werebear Fighter that wielded an oversized maul and had a handful of feats only usable in his werebear form. During the daytime, he was an instructor in the town's Warrior Guild. At night, he roamed the streets, protecting the innocent citizens from a troublesome werewolf problem. No one knew that the instructor was the vigilante werebear, and none of the townspeople knew what to think about his alter ego.

My DM decided he would be WAY to effective in combat, too hard to challenge, so he asked me to play something else.

That's when I made my namesake, a truenamer that, through creative gaming, managed to turn his setting on its head. I had a blast with Gan, but I still look back at my werebear with longing at times.

Pluto
2010-04-22, 11:16 PM
A sleazy Goblin black marketeer who'd provide whatever gear the group needed, most of which would be cheap knock-offs with ridiculous side effects. He'd have a golf bag of silly tools for maximum hilarity.

Every time I've started a campaign where he'd fit in, a different, shinier idea would take its place.

BobVosh
2010-04-22, 11:16 PM
Anthropomorphic Bear Werebear Bear Totem Barbarian Bear Warrior Bearlord.

I had a theme, although I don't remember what it is currently.

Character build was Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone

BobVosh
2010-04-22, 11:20 PM
Sorry for the double post, but for some reason I can't edit.
You don't have permission to access /forums/editpost.php on this server.

Anyway, I have always wanted to play a pirate thri-kreen scout/dervish. I never thought about it more than that, but I think it would be fun to take a row boat out, use the racial +30 to jump to jump on a galleon, then use my dance of death.

TheThan
2010-04-22, 11:44 PM
I had a Tiefling beguiler once, and her twin sister a Tiefling rogue they were con artists working the streets (no not that way) of sigil.

Lets see I had a warforged urban druid that was based off of transformers.

Il_Vec
2010-04-22, 11:46 PM
Lion totem barbarian/Fighter/ Frenzied Berserker/ Warrior of Darkness(BoVD)

With Leap/Shock/Combat Brute. And he would speak yelling all the time, like Kratos (sony's god of war)

Draz74
2010-04-23, 12:17 AM
Eggwyn, Madam Librarian:

A middle-aged human female Factotum (Swordsage dip) who fights with kukri, shield, unarmed strike, and Knowledge Devotion. A nerdy feminist scholar who declares (some) monsters to be male chauvinist pigs, and fights them by kneeing them in the groin and leaving them on the floor in agony.

mikej
2010-04-23, 12:23 AM
a decent Druid :smallfrown:

Even without trying I out paced the whole party.

IonDragon
2010-04-23, 12:23 AM
I only got to play it for a session or two, but a Psionicist in a high arcane game, that took max ranks is KN(Arcana) and Spellcraft and pretended to cast spells whenever he manifested powers. He also carried a spellbook, and apprenticed with a Wizard in his backstory. His parents, and party (Except the real Wizard) thought he was really a caster. He always manifested powers similar to spells and I IM'd the GM from the other side of the table with what I was really doing and said "I cast Produce Flame".

WildPyre
2010-04-23, 12:24 AM
Nakku, a goblin Rogue/Ranger.

He was born an albino and his name literally translated from goblin as "Nothing". His clan cast him out and he spent most of his time on the outskirts of a halfling caravan.

Obsessed with staying clean and the raising and preparation of chicken as food. Even though he was chaotic good, he was convinced by all the dogma/propaganda that since he was a goblin he couldn't be a good person, but that if maybe he hurt the people that hurt good people, then he could get into heaven when he died too.

Hawk7915
2010-04-23, 12:26 AM
I always wanted to play a cleric with multiple personality disorder; each personality worshiped a different God. I'd roll each morning to see which personality "dominated" and prepare spells/domain abilities accordingly. Some of the Gods would be decidedly at odds.

My DM was actually up for it, but we don't start that many campaigns and on the last one I finally convinced him to let me play a ToB class. So yeah, cleric is still on hold (and might be a Champion instead).

ungulateman
2010-04-23, 12:30 AM
A drow druid with a spider wild shape.

A gnoll ranger with an animal companion hyena.

Since they're evil characters, I can't find groups to play in with them. The Evil groups I find tend to either complain about being a Druid ("CoDzilla! Go away!"), or complain about having an animal companion ("You might as well be playing two characters.") :/

Shinizak
2010-04-23, 01:56 AM
WoD mage game:

A verbena witch who healed people by assaulting them with coffee who ran a soup kitchen... for werewolves.

A hollow one mage who was essentially an action survivor that was constantly accidentally using (but didn't believe in) magic. Armed with an enchanted chain saw.

A Son of Ether "mage" who had a habit of making devices do exactly what they weren't supposed to do. He made a car that could move his house.... into near earth orbit.

A Son of Ether named Henry Roboto that wielded "fire arms" and was a master... of the "Electric Slide." (to those of you who got those, god have mercy on your soul.)

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-23, 02:02 AM
Swiftblade with 9th level spells.

Wouldn't that just be a sharn who lost racial hit dice due to level drain?

kieza
2010-04-23, 03:18 AM
Antel Korvald (now calling himself Antel the Wanderer) grew up in a backwater of the local Evil Empire (you decide what country this is); when he came of age, he enlisted with the army as his sister Thenesia had four years earlier; he climbed the ranks over several campaigns, eventually reaching the equivalent of Sergeant in an infantry company. His sister, on the other hand, was discovered to have a talent for wizardry, and was accepted for training as a warmage. After Antel earned a decoration for valor in the Empire's current campaign, his sister got him a promotion into a special squad that received basic training in wizardry in order to better counter enemy casters; his special position gave him more power, including permission to travel freely in occupied territory. As a result, he started to see more of the devastation that his army had caused, and realized his part in it. After months of soul-searching, he decided to resign his commission, and attempted to persuade his sister likewise; she declined to join him, and detected his intention: to turn on his country, and undo some of the damage he had caused. They fought, and Antel barely escaped with his life. Antel became a fugitive from his own people, fighting among every resistance group that would take him; his past actions earned the distrust of his erstwhile allies, though, so he found himself caught between two worlds. When he became too notorious, gaining some recognition among the common folk for whom he fought, the Empire started a propaganda campaign that painted him as a butcher and exaggerated his role in massacres and bloodbaths during his time in their service. Disgusted with both sides of the conflict, Antel gave up; for the last 11 years, he has wandered the world, helping people that he met in an effort to atone for his earlier crimes, but never forming close relationships or devoting himself to a larger cause.

Today, at the age of 43, Antel is outwardly amiable, concealing a bitter, world-weary interior. While he is always willing to tell a story in the tavern of an evening, or lend a hand in a worthy endeavor, from a barn-raising to an effort to drive off marauding goblins, he rarely lets anyone he meets see who he really is, and never talks about his past. He is very protective of his friends and those who look up to him, a relic of his days as an officer. Antel is a fairly common name where he is from, so he goes to no trouble to conceal his identity beyond omitting his last name, but Antel Korvald is known as a bloodthirsty butcher and brigand. Antel even thinks of himself as the Wanderer; as far as he is concerned, Antel Korvald is dead, killed by his own kin 11 years ago. In a pinch, he is willing to use his reputation as a threat or deterrent. His sister has continued to rise through the ranks despite her connection to him, and is currently a powerful and high-ranking wizard, whereas Antel’s talents, both with staff and spell, have suffered from neglect; he almost never uses magic anymore, and he has hardly used his staff in the last decade, except against the odd wandering brigand or hungry wolf. Thenesia has attempted twice to track him down since they fought, and the second time two of his friends died protecting him, which contributed to his reluctance to make friends. Antel is justifiably nervous around watchmen and other authority figures, and would be very reluctant to return to his hometown or the battlefields of his youth.

I made this fighter/wizard for a 4e campaign a while back, but it turned out be a hack and slash. I guess I did get to play it, but the backstory never came into play. If I ever get another opportunity to play something like this, I'd like to pull it back out.

Vizzerdrix
2010-04-23, 03:38 AM
A Halfling (swamp) Druid that used a spider for a mount.
A catfolk hunter who worshiped the gods of the hunt (Cleric/Scout/fighter into PrC Ranger)
A plant loving warforged
A Cleric of Gond.
a Cleric of Cas.
An Aberration wildshape mystic Ranger into Daggerspell Shaper.
A nezumi assassin whom was hired to infiltrate a party, for good or ill
A barbarian sorcerer from a tribe that worships a scorpion and a spider god, who one day hears about the drow...

And many, many, many more.

Doc Roc
2010-04-23, 03:40 AM
Wouldn't that just be a sharn who lost racial hit dice due to level drain?

Wildly more elegant trick, actually. I'll show it to you sometime.

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-23, 03:56 AM
Wildly more elegant trick, actually. I'll show it to you sometime.

I assume it isn't the versatile spellcaster + heighten + wardreadguiler combo?

Morithias
2010-04-23, 04:10 AM
A lot of the stuff on the Dnd wiki that I never got to use cause my crew is kinda iffy about using 3rd party stuff. Personally I want to use the Marksman class, and the Time Warper. (You don't like change the time line with unlimited power, you like...jump around in it).

About the only thing that was actually WOTC was my merchant prince build, but that was because by the time the campaign started, I had broken it to point I had vetoed it myself.

Kaiyanwang
2010-04-23, 04:11 AM
A freaking PC. Any. I'm always the DM! :smallyuk:

Sintanan
2010-04-23, 04:29 AM
Half-Illithid Thri-keen. I didn't even get to say the class I wanted before the character was shot down by the DM..

Half-golem Goblin Artificer with an Ogre for a mount. (Yeah... too much Warcraft III)

Were-wolf/Were-bear. Near the beginning of my 3rd edition career and neither the DM nor I could puzzle out the mechanics behind this character. :smallfrown:

An awakened house cat ranger/wizard with a riding dog animal companion and a bird for a familiar.

kamikasei
2010-04-23, 07:23 AM
Sem (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=147688), an epic Changeling Beguiler//Factotum. This guy could pretty much go anywhere and do anything while being anyone. I'm unlikely to ever find a gestalt game at the appropriate level that I'd feel he'd fit in to, though.

Gnaeus
2010-04-23, 07:38 AM
I had a DM propose a game with 16 class levels + 16-20 (can't remember exactly) ecl worth of monster race. I built one of those bear angels from BoED, with 3 heads, and 16 levels of a caster class (using mystic theurge to advance the base casting from the race), casting spells simultaneously from each of the three heads. DM took 1 look at it and scrapped the campaign.

Emmerask
2010-04-23, 07:41 AM
Drunken Master - my dm sadly had something against the idea of me sitting there with a bottle of vodk; everything in the name of roleplaying of course :smallbiggrin:

Project_Mayhem
2010-04-23, 07:42 AM
For VtM:

A horrifically evil Samedi ambassador to the Camarilla, with a certain degree of diplomatic immunity. He would have enjoyed disfiguring beautiful things/people, and worked as an honorary scourge (Sort of an official murderer)

(For those who don't know, the Samedi are an originally Caribbean clan, with a focus on decay and some Necromancy. They all look like zombies. This guy was going to start the night fine, but slowly rot away till he rested again.)

The character got shot down merely because my ST wasn't using the clan. The rest of the concept would have been par for the course of the campaign.

Edit:

Drunken Master - my dm sadly had something against the idea of me sitting there with a bottle of vodk; everything in the name of roleplaying of course

Nice - I'm doing that with my current alcoholic character. Except with wine

Amphetryon
2010-04-23, 07:48 AM
Elf Swashbuckler/Crusader/Stoneblessed/Battlesmith/Champion of Corellon Larethian with an Aptitude weapon. All stats affect damage. :smallbiggrin:

Gnaeus
2010-04-23, 07:48 AM
Nice - I'm doing that with my current alcoholic character. Except with wine

The old cam larp rules (for a while at least) stated that you could drink, but you couldn't be visibly intoxicated. I had a character who was a hard core drug addict, so it was really difficult to tell if I was almost too drunk to walk or merely in character. Got me through a lot of otherwise slow games.

Project_Mayhem
2010-04-23, 07:51 AM
The old cam larp rules (for a while at least) stated that you could drink, but you couldn't be visibly intoxicated. I had a character who was a hard core drug addict, so it was really difficult to tell if I was almost too drunk to walk or merely in character. Got me through a lot of otherwise slow games.

Epic. My main issue now is that when I don't drink, I can't play the character as well. Ends up not making enough rash decisions

Coplantor
2010-04-23, 07:53 AM
Nihilist Chaotic Evil frustrated with the universe gestalt wizard/psion modron who planned to bring about the destruction of the universe with his adoptive son an athasian half-giant barbarian/fighter

Radar
2010-04-23, 08:37 AM
An ultimate escape artist. Not just handing you shackles back a second after being locked and walking out of jail without an effort. The kind of guy, that could be bound, gagged, sealed in a airtight adamantine vault in a deadmagic zone and still escape. I'd probably try to think up some contingent plans of escaping Imprisonment (if it's remotly possible to do on ones own) or any kind of afterlife.

I didn't spend quite enough time to do any build, that would live up to the concept, so the idea sits there and waits.

AtwasAwamps
2010-04-23, 09:11 AM
Jonathan "Dagger Jack" Sweeney (working name)

Ninja/Swashbuckler/Invisible blade (for a non-tob game)

A flashy street thug who was taken in by a retired ninja.

Fluff: His master/father-figure was murdered by a local street gang...just mobbed to death while being caught in the daylight on his way to the market. When he never came back, Dagger found out what had happened and...so to speak...took his vengeance back to the streets. His mentor had pulled him out of the streets and shown him a better way of life, and he plunged right back into the nightmare for his vengeance. The fight that would have qualified him for the RP invisible blade requirements would have been the one-on-one battle between himself and the gang leader. It was going to be epic and involve many taunts and nifty knife-fighting battles.

Crunch: Just the raw amusement of having so many different stats going towards the same thing. With levels in Ninja and Invisible Blade, the character would have had Dex, Int, and Wis to AC. It's not that amazing or powerful, but it was a fun concept for a high rolling character.

Why it was never used: The fighter in the party and the mystic theurge in the party said that bard was an absolutely worthless class. Guess what they're getting in the party now.

Deliverance
2010-04-23, 09:42 AM
Half-Celestial Favoured Soul of Lord Bane, a being under much strain from the conflict of her good heritage with her evil power source; She never asked for the favour of Bane and is unware of the source of her powers, but has had Bane's favour since birth and using it to achieve her own ends is as natural as breathing.

She knows that she is different from humanity as a whole and has powers that others do not, but doesn't distinguish clearly between the powers that come from her celestial heritage and her divine powers - they are all natural to her.

Lawful neutral, a stickler for discipline and a believer in harsh lessons, she enters the playing world seeking lawful mercenary work for her own advancement and the good of the common people with dreams of eventually running her own mercenary company or, who knows, perhaps even more than that - perhaps her powers are sign of a great destiny, and, if so, she'll be ready to seize opportunity.

Bane's long term plan: Cause the existence of a Natural Born Conqueror and leader of men, who is likely to aid his cause directly or indirectly out of pure self-interest without showing up as one of his: strengthening and legitimizing Tyranny is her destiny if his plan prevails.

Reason for not playing: We didn't play D&D any more by the time I thought up this concept. :smallbiggrin:

A single-classed morningstar-wielding melee-oriented lawful-neutral half-celestial favoured soul with tyrannical leanings is far from anybody's idea of an optimized character (the ECL alone should take care of that) but it would certainly have been a character concept with some depth and interesting to roleplay.

Skaven
2010-04-23, 10:06 AM
Awakened Velociraptor Dread Pirate.

Volthawk
2010-04-23, 10:17 AM
A Symbiotic Orc-Horned Lizard.

The DM had told me I could use it with the Orc mental stats, so I wasn't too stupid and did extra damage in a grapple too!

And I could Squirt Blood.

AtwasAwamps
2010-04-23, 10:19 AM
Awakened Velociraptor Dread Pirate.

YES.

Lots of YES.

Coplantor
2010-04-23, 10:33 AM
A riot inspiring gonzo journalist for a d20 modern adventure.

Traveler
2010-04-23, 10:39 AM
Warforged Wizard.
He is a scholar as far as he is concerned. Nothing is more important then studying what is infront of him. Oh, and he has the memory spand of the absent minded professor. What he is studing, remember it till he dies. The names of the party members, eh.

Masaioh
2010-04-23, 10:48 AM
An epic druid with a half-dragon animal companion so I could fly out of reach and sling epic spells at everyone.

Kuzimu
2010-04-23, 11:02 AM
Playing a Spectral Panther from Monsters of Faerun. Maxed out Bluff, and convinced the 5th level Paladin that my character was sent to be his "very special" mount.

Paladin now rode a neutral evil panther into battle.

DM said no. :(

Coplantor
2010-04-23, 11:04 AM
I once wanted to be a dwarf barbarian and the party's wizard familiar.

Cogidubnus
2010-04-23, 11:17 AM
Bad DM! Evil characters are so much more fun to roleplay, if you do them right.

But they can be done wrong so easily. I had one guy, a rogue, wanted to be Chaotic Evil. He was very rarely actually evil, except when it came to killing random NPCs and taking his stuff. Luckily, the good pacifist tiefling cleric threatened him with a mace. That cleric, incidentally, is my contribution. Not my idea, and it was played, but it was such a good one. The player did their past to just heal, and had to be pushed into combat, except occasionally her tiefling's fiery nature took hold and she set about with gay abandon.

SilverClawShift
2010-04-23, 11:23 AM
A Warforged with a female-build body that marked it as a healer instead of a warrior.

My DM shot it down for no real reason. Since then he's gone on record to say he doesn't remember WHY he shot it down, and that it's a cool character concept, but I haven't gotten around to actually playing it yet.

Achilles
2010-04-23, 11:27 AM
I finally talked people into it so I get to play this character hopefully sometime this weekend!

The setting of the campaign is an alternate universe 1930's Nazi Germany. My character is a Russian jew and a rail-hopping hobo sorcerer with a few rogue levels. He's basically a terrorist against Nazi germany and I think he's really cool.

I'm excited to let him slit some Nazi throat.

Togo
2010-04-23, 11:59 AM
My blaster bard.

We started the campaign, but there have been three sessions in three years:smalleek:.

Angry Bob
2010-04-23, 12:25 PM
An artificer with multiple personalities: One Lawful Good, one Chaotic Neutral, and one Neutral Evil.

TheThan
2010-04-23, 01:25 PM
I just remembered, I almost got to play an awakened cat rogue/swordsage. it would have been awesome too.

Your Nemesis
2010-04-23, 02:11 PM
A pyromaniac wizard maxing out alchemy and going alchemist savant.

Dust
2010-04-23, 02:13 PM
Brian Boitano. And I was THIS close, too.

Vizzerdrix
2010-04-23, 02:29 PM
I had a winged Strongheart Halfling Cleric I got to play for one session. A cleric of Zeus. went into Stormlord and used Gloves of endless Javelins for ammo. God that was fun. I'd gladly play that one again :smallsmile:

On a side note: is their any way to enchant the gloves so they make better javelins? :smallconfused:

MCerberus
2010-04-23, 02:33 PM
My heart goes out to one of my players who had a Warforged Ranger he intended to get two of those fancy arm crossbows for. He acted like neo, and when someone brought up his slam attack said "I know kung-fu!"

Eaten by a rust monster at level 4 :smallfrown:

Shademan
2010-04-23, 02:45 PM
Carlos Fullspeed
Monk/sorcerer(or wizard) bluemage/ enlightened fist

Ravens_cry
2010-04-23, 03:03 PM
I want to try an Aasimar LE rogue, maybe prestige into assassin, if they didn't suck so much.
He would wear white leather with gold trim, long gold curly locks, with a bluff through the roof, convincing everyone he was good and holy, all to get close to his mark, or target.
I have an eerily soothing voice I can use that is just perfect for such a character.

BladeSingerXIV
2010-04-23, 03:04 PM
I've had several ideas over the years, but the primary one that this thread makes me think of is a pair of kobolds. One is an archer ranger (with racial substitution levels to ride a dire weasel), and the other is a sorceror with both dragon rites (I can't remember what they're called, but she'd get an extra caster level out of it), and they are on a mission in the wider world.

Awhile back, some dirty gnomes got in, killed most of the working-age kobolds and collapsed the caves that the kobold children were kept in. This means that the warren is more or less functional in the short term, but they're going to run out of workers very fast. So the leaders sent out these two, who insinuate themselves into the party and steal children from every village they go to. They then leave these children with kobold contacts who follow them, to take back to the warren to raise as workers. The only ones they don't take are gnome babies, who are killed on sight.

When asked why they adventure, the two of them always answer "For the children."

SolkaTruesilver
2010-04-23, 03:09 PM
Played it only one epic game, but my Torgo Stoutshield, 2nd Son of the Noble Clan Stoutshield, Defender of Felbarr.

(An adventuring Dwarven Prince, technically)

Clever and stout fighter to the end! Pragmatic fighter, tripping clerics and ennemy mages, before slashing them in da face. Moving swiftly across the battlefield, and equipped with a great Armor of Legacy (the Stoutshield Plate Armor) and planning to become a Kensai.

Nothing fancy. Lots of fun role-play. The party's wizard, who was a human noble, was acting like he was the best to be in charge. After he insulted me, I almost rammed my punch to his teeth. The whole party had to hold me back :smallbiggrin:

Mongoose87
2010-04-23, 03:30 PM
Brian Boitano. And I was THIS close, too.

:smallconfused: What would Brian Boitano do?

Eldonauran
2010-04-23, 04:39 PM
Level 2 Ghoul Paladin

Never really got this character off the ground

Volthawk
2010-04-23, 06:09 PM
Werecat Halfling

Ixahinon
2010-04-23, 06:14 PM
I always wanted to play This Guy. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=152184) Start at level 1 gestalt, of course...would be tough making it to 18..but still...

Ryu_Bonkosi
2010-04-23, 07:13 PM
A Fighter/Barbarian/Deciple of Dispater with a 9-20x5 Flamberge with +5, Fleshgrinding, Masterslaying, Throwing, and Returning enchantments on the blade. (Everything I just listed was perfectly legal BTW).

Hyudra
2010-04-23, 07:36 PM
Ghoul character.

Had it worked out: Using Libris Mortis ghoul class for 1st two levels, then switching that out for gravetouched ghoul template (bypassing LA in this way). I had it planned out for using swordsage levels (tiger claw discipline), Lurking Terror (Libris Mortis) and Bloodclaw Master to have a properly 'ghoulish' progression from 1-20.

alisbin
2010-04-23, 07:55 PM
Grus; a nearly indestructible positive energy based undead shrunken troll head who happened to be a bard/sorcerer (homebrew, sorc casting/BAB, bard knowledge/social/songs) that was created totally by accident when he was killed by a paladin (who intended to kill grus' master, an ogre magi necromancer) at the exact moment Karsus cast his "become-god" spell and totally wrecked the world for a few moments. Grus can't move on his own so he has to strike a balance between being an incredibly irritating know-it-all elder figure and being a friendly paperweight so he doesn't get tossed into the bottom of a well for a century or 2. being so old he would have been a blast, but alas, it was not to be, the game i was going to play him in never actually got started.

Thajocoth
2010-04-23, 09:40 PM
Bugbear Fighter Multiclass Barbarian Eternal Defender. 14'4" tall, wielding a Huge (2d10, meant for people who take up 3x3 squares) Mordenkrad, but technically Medium sized.

Changeling Warlock that looks like whatever character of mine they're replacing.

Elf Druid that likes being a Panther more than an Elf, and have been in the wild so long, they forget some civilities.

Dragonborn Barbarian - Shamash is waiting for the next session of a campaign that may be on hold indefinitely. Regardless, he's up next, for the next time I need a new character.

Elf or Bugbear Ranger|Rogue with focus on immediates.

ryzouken
2010-04-23, 09:58 PM
Nami mk. I
a Changeling Rog/Clr/Warblade/Chameleon painstakingly designed to obviate the need for an adventuring party. I out statted the party fighter (including Hp), could sling arcane and divine spells up to 6th level, had UMD to cover 7-9th level spells, Martial Maneuvers to out dps the party rogue, who I also outpaced in rogue skills. She was, in many ways, my magnum opus... and I never once got to play her in a real game.

Then I went back to 3.5 and joined the epic level group.
Nami mk. II isn't designed as above, instead focusing only on being flexible to the extreme. Changeling Factotum/Chameleon. I almost want to use questionable RAW to apply Improved Spell Capacity to Chameleon to get 7-9th level arcane and divine spells to, but I'd take a 5 level hit to Factotum, which makes me sad. I still haven't gotten a chance to play her.

It's like Nami's cursed.

Mr. Anon Omys
2010-05-11, 03:42 PM
Aron Barrister, Adventuring Attorney.

Maxed out Knoledge (law), Profession (law), Preform (oratory), Bluff, and Diplomacy. He wanders the countryside, helping the common man with his legal work and aiding adventurers in their campain's obligitory trial.

Ingus
2010-05-12, 06:48 PM
Really never had the occasion to play:

1. Quarion seu Illivundil. Elf wiz/fatespinner with a Tel-kiira (self made) containing the spirit of his love Ailyume, a powerful abjurer. Crossing Item Familiar, Weapon of Legacy and Intelligent Items rules, the kiira alone (no action required) was able to cast till 8° level.

2. Sylar, Greater Doppleganger developed by Savage Species and capped to assume identities of same level or lower.

3. Gnarl, goblin artificer level 14 with a court of minions including a Girallon Effigy, a Great Wyrm Red Dragon effigy, a Force Golem, a homunculus and tons of useful magic equipment.

4. A one-man-army sorcerer with a Imp as familiar and another Imp-Fiend of Possession as cohort, and polymorph memorized.

The Cat Goddess
2010-05-12, 07:21 PM
When one of our group indicated he was going to run a Vampire: The Masquerade game, I came up with a character.

She was a sculptor who married young, by her family's orders, to a much older wealthy man. She had a huge flower garden & hedge maze behind the mansion which she would wander in and have her statues placed in. Soon she was "discovered" by a vampire (I forget the name of the clan that loves art... it's been awhile) who killed her husband and turned her.

As time went by and the game never got started, I kept building on the character's story... She rarely sculpted anymore, because she felt that her vampiric nature "tainted" the beauty of her art. Yet the need to create is powerful, and she would alternately create fanciful images and horrificly nightmarish statues... which were often bought by other vampires.

More time went by and I decided that, in the basement of her home she had an unfinished statue of an angel... and that she had all the windows in the back of the house blacked out. Since she could never see her garden in the sunlight, with all the flowers in bloom... she never wanted to see it again. The statue of the angel became a metaphor for her fallen soul, trapped in it's vampiric existance.

Despite the game never starting, I created her story... she longed for a way to become human and even tried contacting some werewolves. She would lure a number of vampires into her home, including the one who turned her. They in turn would help her slay the vampire who turned her, since she'd been told that doing so could release her from the curse.

When this plan failed, she went insane and smashed the angel statue in her basement.

Thus, when the guy finally said he was ready to start running the Vampire game, I wasn't interested anymore. The character I had in mind had already had her story told (at least to me).

OracleofWuffing
2010-05-12, 07:28 PM
Evil Cleric of hugs, acts as party face.

"Please, a mere handshake is not appropriate for our introductions. Let us... Embrace."

demidracolich
2010-05-12, 09:02 PM
In a possibly dead joke campaign, full gray jester monster class(made by Olsecamo) with a martial adept class and Dracodei's falling anvil discipline(aka. the joker).

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-12, 09:48 PM
I've got two, myself, that I've never gotten the chance to play.
1) Voltaire Lucard, Undead Bard: A Lesser Deathtouched/Necropolitan (depending on version) Dirgesinger who I statted out two or three times, intending to use him for a few campaigns before either the campaign was canceled/changed to something else/I had to DM/Wild elephants trampling our normal gaming spot/etc. I figure I'll eventually try pulling him out again in a forum game, when I've run out of other ideas.
2) An unnamed Human rogue or scout or something that I could never quite figure out a build or campaign for. The idea was to make a spy/reporter/knowledge broker who adventured to get information about the world at large for their boss before getting caught up in the adventure. (P.S. If anyone has ideas for how to make this character work, please PM me with info. Now back on topic.)

Then, there was Catalina, my malconvoker, along with her bodyguard Balthazar. I loved playing her, but the campaign she was in got cut off far too soon for me to see her at her best. Hopefully I'll get the chance to bring her back in my normal group's summer game in a few weeks.

Optimystik
2010-05-12, 10:16 PM
Elpheba. Just...... A sorceress. A sorceress with a green dragon bloodline and lots of transmutation.

That sounds rather...
(:smallcool:)
Wicked.
YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

CockroachTeaParty
2010-05-12, 10:27 PM
:smallconfused: What would Brian Boitano do?

I'm sure he'd kick an ass or two.

Mastikator
2010-05-12, 10:33 PM
A ninja troll, dammit it would be so frikkin awesome.

Divide by Zero
2010-05-12, 10:38 PM
A ninja troll, dammit it would be so frikkin awesome.

Your role is to piss off the enemy before they get to take an action.