PDA

View Full Version : Sith Optimization [Saga Edition]

Tanuki Tales
2010-04-22, 09:16 PM
My local game has been playing a kind of Binks and Tag style Sagas for a few weeks now and I've finally decided to enter it to try and bring back some of the more dramatic and fantastical air that Star Wars is known for and bring them back to something more sensible (seeing as they own their own base that the DM just gave them that is stocked with high class fighters and all other gobs of incredibly expensive or hard to come by things. -_-

And mind you, this is the same DM who gave the group 10,000,000 gold once upon time when playing DnD. He's the kind of person who goes "Wow! That's awesome! Let's do that!" without thinking about the ramifications of anything and is kind of poor at developing things. ).

To this end I want to play a Dark Side Spirit, aiming to manipulate the party as well as various NPCs to further the character's own vendetta with Palpatine.

The build so far is thus:

Mon Calamari Jedi 6 (Starting stats to assign being 18, 16, 15, 14, 14, 14, using Pathfinder's point buy system for modifying.)

Str 14 (14 original)
Dex 15 (14 original, raised by 2 points from buy)
Con - (Dropped from 14 to 7 for 9 points to spend)
Int 23 (16 original, raised to 18 for 7 points. +2 racial and +3 from being venerable after becoming spirit)
Wis 23 (18 original, +2 racial, +3 from being venerable after becoming spirit)
Cha 23 (15 original, raised to 16 from 4th level point, +4 from template, +3 from venerable after becoming spirit)

What I need help on is deciding his Force Powers and his feats. I want to play a puppet master/Xanatos kind of character but I don't want him to be a wimp when it actually comes to going mano a mano with another powerful force user. (I had originally looked at emulating Darth Sion but he looked kind of sucky compared to his KOTR/fluff counterpart).

Keep in mind when giving advice and such that this is my first time actually playing this specific table top game so you'll need to not abbreviate or assume I know which book things are in. I have access to all of the Saga Edition books.

Edit: I'm currently thinking of having him go the way of Sith Apprentice and Sith Lord (duh), focusing on Force Point Recovery. Nevermind on Force Unleashed. I don't like the idea of messing around with Destiny points for so small effects.

I'm also thinking of having him focus mostly on having a large repertoire of Force powers, neglecting his talent with a lightsaber because of the fact he hasn't used one in close to a century.

Tanuki Tales
2010-04-23, 08:54 AM
Ok, knocked to page two, let's see if today brings any ideas.