PDA

View Full Version : Beloved of Lady Luck [3.5]

Heliomance
2010-04-23, 06:39 AM
Is it possible to make a character who gets along entirely by relying on their luck? Fortuitous accidents seem to happen around them, they happen to stumble at just the right moment that an arrow misses them, and so on. How many luck-themed things is it possible to stack on one character, and can you get enough to get that flavour?

Of the top of my head:
Halfling
Luck domain
Fatespinner
Fortune's Friend

2xMachina
2010-04-23, 06:53 AM
Favored Soul of the Lady Luck (Discworld)?

Baron Malkar
2010-04-23, 06:54 AM
Get all of the [Luck] feats from complete scoundrel.

Optimystik
2010-04-23, 07:27 AM
Optimization challenge - a character that can reroll any roll ever at least once. That would be a "master of luck."

Greenish
2010-04-23, 07:54 AM
Favored Soul of The Lady (Discworld)?Fixed. Be careful. :smalleek:

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-23, 07:58 AM
Be a Cleric of Lady Luck, pick the Luck and the other 1 with a reroll anything ability, and focus on Luck Feats

senrath
2010-04-23, 08:04 AM
Favored Soul of the Lady Luck (Discworld)?

Would that even work? I mean, she withdraws her favor from anyone who is aware they have it.

Cog
2010-04-23, 08:14 AM
Would that even work? I mean, she withdraws her favor from anyone who is aware they have it.

Which is why you're a Favored Soul instead of a Cleric. You don't even get Know: Religion as a class skill.

RagnaroksChosen
2010-04-23, 08:23 AM
with the prcs i belive going arcane would be better. grabbing the arcane domain thing at 5th.(ACF) Grabbing luck domain.

Theres the halfling prc from races of wild (luckstealer)

5 wizard/luckstealer/fatespinner/mabye if you can fit in some luckfriend or what ever it is from c. Scoundrel you would be good.

paddyfool
2010-04-23, 08:46 AM
Halfling is a good choice (and it's a pity that halfling paragon is so meh, because it fits the concept perfectly). However, there are also the human/half-human only "destiny" feats from RoD to consider visavis re-rolls. And if you went half-elf, you could also get that feat they have that allows them to reroll diplomacy and gather info checks.

Turk Mannion
2010-04-23, 08:54 PM
How about the Auspician PrC from FR Faiths and Pantheons...3.0 but it is dead on for this idea and a fun class to play.

Eldariel
2010-04-23, 09:21 PM

Favored Souls don't know the source of their power. Hell, they don't even have K: Religion in class! Now, Cleric wouldn't work but FS is just fine and specifically the kinda thing she'd do.

Starscream
2010-04-23, 10:26 PM
Favored Souls don't know the source of their power. Hell, they don't even have K: Religion in class! Now, Cleric wouldn't work but FS is just fine and specifically the kinda thing she'd do.

Does that mean that when Rincewind hits level 17 he'll grow wings?

Heh, he'd have to hit level zero first.:smallamused:

Eldan
2010-04-24, 06:26 AM
Hey, Rincewind probably has several levels of expert to speak all his languages and gain the Run, Dash and improved Initiative feats.

Deth Muncher
2010-04-24, 09:27 AM
Hey, Rincewind probably has several levels of expert to speak all his languages and gain the Run, Dash and improved Initiative feats.

I just thought his "Wizzard" hat was secretly enchanted with Nerveskitter.

Saintheart
2010-04-24, 09:41 AM

No, Expeditious Retreat.

Leon
2010-04-24, 09:46 AM

Nerveskitter - One of the Eight Great Spells of the Octavo....