PDA

View Full Version : Pjevs the cat rogue

Niro
2010-04-23, 10:53 AM
Okay I am in a dnd group in which I play a... cat. A rogue cat. He is in posession of 2 claw atacks and a bite attack.

My feats so far is weapon finess, multi attack and improved multi attack.
Flaws: Aquaphobia and Loyalty

my question is.. where should I go with this? I would love some ideas for feats and the likes (dnd 3.5 BTW)

ryzouken
2010-04-23, 11:04 AM
Arcane Trickster is an option. For this, take some levels of wizard and some levels in Unseen Seer (or just keep going with Unseen Seer).

When I ran a cat (Tibbit, Dragon Magazine Compendium) I was a Dragonfire Adept because a flying, scaled, fire breathing cat was too awesome to pass up. :smallbiggrin:

Divide by Zero
2010-04-23, 06:22 PM
I once built a werecat goblin, planning on going into assassin. Never got to play it, unfortunately.

Amphetryon
2010-04-23, 06:28 PM
Catfolk, from RotW, or an awakened kittycat, or something from Savage Species, or...?

TheThan
2010-04-23, 06:30 PM
Rogue/swordsage

Flaming claw attack from the shadows for xd6 fire damage!

meant swordsage, fixed it above

Divide by Zero
2010-04-23, 06:33 PM
Rogue/warblade

Flaming claw attack from the shadows for xd6 fire damage!

You mean swordsage? Warblade doesn't get the fire attacks.

Iceforge
2010-04-23, 06:37 PM
Are you nordic or something? Or is Pjevs as funny a name for a cat character everywhere around the globe as for those of us of nordic decend?

Fhaolan
2010-04-23, 07:00 PM
I recommend getting this pdf for ideas:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=54699

I've had good luck with it, though I did need to discard some of it as it conflicted with the campaign setting the groups was currently using. Not that big of a deal.

There's a Pathfinder version as well, I believe, if that makes a difference for you.

Ormur
2010-04-23, 07:05 PM
Pjevs is indeed a funny name, but then again I though it sounded pretty Scandinavian.

You could be an awakened cat I suppose but not having opposable thumbs is a bit of a limitation. It would be best either to play a class that doesn't need them (psion, druid with natural spell, unarmed swordsage?) or get a familiar/cohort that has them. Rogue is a bit problematic because of all the skills but then again opening locks with dexterous claws would be very funny. If you don't have a cohort or anything you'd be pretty dependant on your team mates so you'd best get along well (but you're a kitty cat so that can't be a problem). Or just get a collar of perpetual attendance which is somewhere the wizards site.