PDA

View Full Version : Deck of Many Things [3.5]

Scarey Nerd
2010-04-23, 11:00 AM
How many cards would you draw, and why? Random post, but so am I.

Yuki Akuma
2010-04-23, 11:02 AM
None.

Because the good outcomes do not outweigh the bad ones.

Heliomance
2010-04-23, 11:03 AM
n=1
def tryout():
if augury(If I were to draw n cards from this deck, what would be the result?)=="weal":
n=n+1
tryout()
else:
draw n-1 cards

tryout()

gallagher
2010-04-23, 11:18 AM
i would draw two. one because i am lucky, and two because i like the idea of the challenge

Quirinus_Obsidian
2010-04-23, 11:29 AM
We rolled d6's; seemed the most equitable.

The draws were not bad.. except for mine. In the Pathfinder universe, we have the Harrow deck of many things... I have a CE Gnome Warlock. One of the cards I drew was a clone card; basically a d4's worth of gnomes with diametrically opposed alignment <pop> into being somewhere on the world I drew the card. I of course rolled a 3.

now see this is the funny part. My character is particularly able to get people to do things they would not normally do. I also have the Leadership feat. If I find one of my doppelgangers, oh yes, I will try to convert them to CE. That is my objective. Even better, my character will commit some heinous act and it would be the best frame job ever... :smallcool: :smallsmile: :smallbiggrin:

BadJuJu
2010-04-23, 11:46 AM
I picked 7. The first card was fight death. I lost.

Scarey Nerd
2010-04-23, 11:47 AM
I picked 7. The first card was fight death. I lost.

Ouch :smalleek:

Bayar
2010-04-23, 11:49 AM
I put my Deck of many things into my Handy haversack and just choose to draw the number of cards that are to my advantage, then just draw them :smallbiggrin:

Heliomance
2010-04-23, 11:52 AM
Problem with that is that the DM is perfectly at liberty to define the entire deck as a single item - if you reach in for a card, you simply pull out the deck.

My method doesn't have that problem :D

Lycanthromancer
2010-04-23, 12:10 PM
I did this just recently. I drew 9 cards, got a few awesome things up front (like 6 wishes, 100,000 gp in gems, and what turned out to be the equivalent of a +10 weapon), but then I kept getting horrible things, and redraw after redraw; I lost all of my magic items and mundane wealth, lost several points of Intelligence (as a psion, this is bad), got several outsiders who wanted to destroy me, lost friends, and so on, and it took every wish I had (as well as the Undo Misfortune card) to knock most of them down, and I still had to fight to the Death and accept some hostile rivalries and a lost friend (luckily my character was pretty much gonna be hated anyway, since he'd been tortured into NE insanity by illithids, and the term monster could be considered generous).

I wished back my items, and I got 3,300 xp from soloing a same-CR encounter, so I guess there's that.

Scarey Nerd
2010-04-23, 12:14 PM
In a test draw (Out of game), our Dwarf fighter drew 4 cards. His first gace him 100,000 gp in jewels. His second stripped him of all wealth. His third gave him a magic item. His fourth stripped him of all magic items.

The laughter hurt us.

jiriku
2010-04-23, 12:23 PM
You know, I never noticed you could draw as many cards as you wanted from the deck. Used to be you could draw a maximum of three cards.

I went for the three cards. Only about 20% of the cards hose you permanently with no save, and several of the cards provide benefits that can be used to undo even the effects of the bad cards. My last draw was sun, idiot, and comet, with my cohort drawing fates and talons. The cohort didn't have much gear to lose, and a quick restoration spell undid the effects of the idiot. Meanwhile, sun and comet netted me +5 levels, and the fates allowed us to avoid what would have been a TPK in a later session.

Erom
2010-04-23, 12:23 PM
None.

Because the good outcomes do not outweigh the bad ones.

This. very much this. Worst - Item - Evar

Lycanthromancer
2010-04-23, 12:27 PM
I drew so many cards because my character was just introduced into the game, and if he became unplayable I could simply scrap him and use his twin brother, who just happens to be identical to him in every respect.

drengnikrafe
2010-04-23, 12:29 PM
This. very much this. Worst - Item - Evar

Well, that's not true. There's always the... no, wait.... But then there's the... Err....

Anything that gets a rock landed on you from DM wrath.

No, wait, on second thought, at least that's a quick way to die, and fairly painless.

Eldariel
2010-04-23, 12:31 PM
Any more than 2 tends to have negative EV.

Very Bad - Donjon (Imprisonment; big hassle to get you back, much worse than death), Fool (-10k XP - it's a river; extra draws do suck tho), Ruin (Lose all property, though gifting everything away beforehand helps), Talons (All magic items you possess disappear permanently; again, giving away helps), The Void (yeah, yeah, annoying)
Mildly Annoying - Euryale (-1 saves), Rogue (betrayal), Flames (Outsider)
Neutral - Balance (alignment), Skull (Dread Wraith), Idiot (Int-drain; Just Restoration it)
Mildly Beneficial - Knight (4th level Fighter, sell him for slave or something), Gem (25 pieces of jewelry or 50 gems), Vizier (well, it depends but usually this is no more than one-cast Contact Other Plane with no chance of going emo/insane)
Very Good - Comet (free level is nice; it's lots of XP when you draw at the right point), The Fates (avoid any situation ever), Jester (10k XP), Key (Major magic item), Star (+2 inherent to stat; nice bonus to a secondary stat you'd never +4-+5 anyways like Con and very valuable to boot), Moon (free wishes!), Sun (50k XP), Throne (a Keep is worth a lot)

5 Very Bad, 3 Annoying, 3 Neutral, 3 Mildly Beneficial, 6 Very Good

So you definitely should draw at least once since so many of the bad ones are easy to nullify. Second draw is trying it; there's 46% to draw "very bad" by then and 51% to draw very good. Third draw means 68% for bad things to happen so I'd stop there at the very latest.

RagnaroksChosen
2010-04-23, 12:32 PM
n=1
def tryout():
if augury(If I were to draw n cards from this deck, what would be the result?)=="weal":
n=n+1
tryout()
else:
draw n-1 cards

tryout()

ROFL very nice...

Starbuck_II
2010-04-23, 12:43 PM
I drew so many cards because my character was just introduced into the game, and if he became unplayable I could simply scrap him and use his twin brother, who just happens to be identical to him in every respect.

How many? I draw 4 cards!
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dmt/dmt.htm
I got Key, Flames, Fool, Fates, Skull.
I use Fates to stop Skull.

1) Key: +3 Vicious, Thundering Weapon
2) Flames: enmity of outsider
3) Fool: lose 10, 000 XP sucked.

Eldariel
2010-04-23, 12:45 PM

Fool's effect activates: Draw an extra card.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-23, 12:49 PM
Fool's effect activates: Draw an extra card.

Maybe you didn't count how many I drew... 4 +1 =5.
I stated 5 things even though I declared 4.

Easy mistake to miss.

Eldariel
2010-04-23, 12:51 PM
Maybe you didn't count how many I drew... 4 +1 =5.
I stated 5 things even though I declared 4.

Easy mistake to miss.

Ah, indeed. As you didn't use them in list-form, I got confused :smallbiggrin:

herbe
2010-04-23, 12:59 PM
my NE halfelf-halfgnome wizard simply buy some slave in the Underdark amd ordered them to draw a lot of card so my char had some amusing day and he earn a lot money :smallamused:

Optimystik
2010-04-23, 01:56 PM
n=1
def tryout():
n=n+1
tryout()
else:
draw n-1 cards

tryout()

While this does win, Augury is easy to fool. Talons, for instance (make all your magic items disappear) can be both weal and woe if one of your items is cursed without you knowing it. Fool could also be both good and bad, as you lose exp but gain another card.

JaronK
2010-04-23, 02:11 PM
Yes, but that's why you don't draw anything that gives "Weal and Woe" as a result. You keep asking with Augery until you've got the biggest draw you can find that's only Weal. It works like this.

Q1: If I draw the top card of the deck, will that be good or bad?
If A1 = Weal, go to Q2
Else go to Q3
Q2: If I draw the top card of the deck, then the next top card from the deck, will that be good or bad?
If A2 = Weal, go to Q4, Else Q5
Q3: If I draw the second card from the top in the deck, will that be good or bad?
If A3 = Weal, go to Q6, else Q7
Q4: If I draw the top card of the deck, then skip one card and draw the next card, will that be good or bad?

And so on. Any time you get Weal and Woe or Woe, ask about skipping that card and going to the next. You're guarenteed to get only good results (it's just a question of how many good results).

JaronK

Ixahinon
2010-04-23, 02:20 PM
I wish my DM would put Deck of Many Things in his campaign, but he thinks the deck is the most retarded item in the game, even more so when I put it in my campaign, and he drew 2 from it, losing Dexterity and a level..he was a Dexterity based Ranger.

The problem is, that even if he put the Deck of Many Things in his game, out of some miracle, I don't think I could draw from it. How would a Pathfinder Paladin of Iomedae (Goddess of Honor, Leadership, Valor, and Justice) look upon a Deck of Many Things? A game of chance is generally a chaotic act, right? I would draw...but I don't think the paladin I play would let me.

MCerberus
2010-04-23, 02:27 PM
If I may suggest something, let's use repetition to our advantage. The functions do exactly what their name implies. Assuming we have an unlimited number of castings of Augury...

int n = 0;
while ( augury("What would the result be if I drew card number", n+1) == "weal") && endOfDeck() == false)
{
n = n+1;
}

drawCards(n)

edit - of course you still run the risk of missing out on cards that are weal and woe and those "draw one more" cards suck.

tyckspoon
Q4: If I draw the top card of the deck, then skip one card and draw the next card, will that be good or bad?

And so on. Any time you get Weal and Woe or Woe, ask about skipping that card and going to the next. You're guarenteed to get only good results (it's just a question of how many good results).

JaronK

Augury is a useful tool, but I have to correct this- you can't skip a card in the deck. The deck is reshuffled and regenerated after every draw, to the point where you can draw the same card several times in a row; drawing the top card is exactly the same as the bottom card is the same as pulling a random card from somewhere in the middle.

Keshay
Unfortunately, this would not work, since you have to replace the card drawn and reshuffle after each draw.

Though the reshuffle is not explictly stated in the SRD it is implied since it is stated: Each time a card is taken from the deck, it is replaced (making it possible to draw the same card twice).

It is not indicated where the drawn card is to be replaced either. In the most beneficial interpretation of this verbiage you could choose to replace benefical cards on top of the deck and baleful cards on the bottom if a reshuffle were not utilized between draws.

RAI, the deck is reshuffled after each draw.

senrath
2010-04-23, 02:39 PM
I drew the Knight three times in a row once. I kinda felt sorry for the guys that appeared, since they were horribly outmatched and died shortly thereafter.

Deth Muncher
2010-04-23, 02:40 PM
Unfortunately, this would not work, since you have to replace the card drawn and reshuffle after each draw.

Though the reshuffle is not explictly stated in the SRD it is implied since it is stated: Each time a card is taken from the deck, it is replaced (making it possible to draw the same card twice).

It is not indicated where the drawn card is to be replaced either. In the most beneficial interpretation of this verbiage you could choose to replace benefical cards on top of the deck and baleful cards on the bottom if a reshuffle were not utilized between draws.

With the exception of the cards that vanish once used - the Jokers, as I recall.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-23, 02:40 PM
I drew the Knight three times in a row once. I kinda felt sorry for the guys that appeared, since they were horribly outmatched and died shortly thereafter.

Too bad there is no Mage card. (NPC mage instead of Fighter)

JaronK
2010-04-23, 02:43 PM
Augury is a useful tool, but I have to correct this- you can't skip a card in the deck. The deck is reshuffled and regenerated after every draw, to the point where you can draw the same card several times in a row; drawing the top card is exactly the same as the bottom card is the same as pulling a random card from somewhere in the middle.

Actually, it's not the same. Yes it's shuffled after every draw, but that doesn't matter. If I draw the top card, it's shuffled. Then I skip the top card and draw the second card the next time around. The point here is that it's not shuffled when I skip a card, because I didn't actually draw it. Augery sees the future, so it will catch the future states.

The way you'd have to simulate this in play is the DM would draw the top card and tell you "Weal" or "Woe" or "Weal and Woe." If he did the first, you'd say "I'm going to draw that, now, here's my next casting." He'd then write down what you got and shuffle, then look at the new top card and continue. If he said "Woe" or "Weal and Woe" then you'd say "I'm not going to draw that" and he wouldn't reshuffle, instead skipping that card and looking at the next one down. If you take that one, he'll write it down and reshuffle, otherwise he'll just skip down once more.

So yeah, it works just fine. The player will never physically draw the cards, but will instead at the end just be told what he got when he's out of castings.

JaronK

NeoVid
2010-04-23, 02:43 PM
The 4e version of the Deck is a bit less horrifying... until you start thinking about what it means that that version of the deck is an intelligent artifact that has its own agenda.

Let's see about the spread of specific cards there:

Balance: Bad, but not all that bad... unless you're Good, or a big-time Evil dude.

Comet: Double XP for the party's next major storyline reward. SWEET.

Donjon: The sucker who drew this is trapped in stasis underground until his party manages to save him. It's a major quest with a ton of XP at the end, but one guy isn't going to be enjoying it.

Euryale: A penalty to saving throws that you can't even try to remove until after you roll a nat 20 on a save. Any PC who gets hit with this will likely ask his party to start using (save ends) powers on him, then get hit over the head by the GM.

Fates: A legendary boon, but you can only use it once. I'd save it for fighting Orcus, even if I got it at paragon.

Flames: Enjoy your new epic level enemy!

Fool: You're automatically getting a bad card. Have fun.

Gem: 225,000 GP in gems. A great one, unless you draw it at an inopportune time...

Idiot: Permanent -2 to all Int based rolls, which you aren't even able to try to remove until you get a 20 in an Int roll. AND you automatically get another card. "Duh, me want draw again..."

Jester: Get 2 more cards, choose either... unless one's bad, then just get that one. Nyah nyah.

Key: Any magic weapon you want of 21st level or lower. I doubt there will be many complaints.

Knight: Someone 1 level lower than you is immediately summoned as a companion character. Useful, and storyline potential!

Moon: You have 1 minute (realtime, HAHA) to choose any ritual. You get the ritual's effect with the maximum result. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow rituals that permanently create something... damn.

Rogue: One of your allies secretly turns against you. Hope you don't miss sleeping at night.

Ruin: All of your items crumble into residuum worth 80% of their value. Aww, you had unique items that can't be crafted? CRY SOME MORE

Skull: A level 19 undead encounter. You drew it at level 12? It's new party time!

Star: A legendary boon that you'll use to get +1s in major fights for the rest of your career.

Sun: Wondrous item of your choice, level 21 or lower. Sure.

Talons: You can't use item powers until you give away a magic item higher than your level. Give it to another PC, and expect rocks falling.

Throne: 225,000 of items for your home, or a major quest to claim a base for the party. Cool.

Vizier: Whenever you want to use it, a single, maxed-out use of Consult Oracle or Voice of Fate.

Void: Enjoy your coma, until the rest of your party finds whoever just stole your mind.

So, lets break that down...

5 Very Bad: Void, Donjon, Skull (If you're low enough level for a TPK!), Idiot, Euryale

6 Annoying: Talons, Ruin, Rogue, Fool, Flames, Balance

2 Neutral: Moon? Jester

2 Decent: Vizier, Knight

6 Very Good: Throne, Star, Sun, Key, Gem, Fates, Comet

So, look like it's more forgiving these days, but considering the deck also wants you to give major NPCs the chance to draw from it as long as you've got it...

senrath
2010-04-23, 02:46 PM
Too bad there is no Mage card. (NPC mage instead of Fighter)

Eh, they'd still probably be level 4, like the fighters that appeared. And it's not very likely you'd run into the Deck when you're at a level that a level 4 companion would make a lot of difference.

Saph
2010-04-23, 02:49 PM
Another issue with using augury is that depending on interpretation, it doesn't necessarily tell you anything useful. If the Deck's completely random, Augury only gives you the result of drawing a random card from the deck, i.e. "Weal and woe".

It's the same as if you ask what'll happen if your party goes and picks a fight with challenging-but-beatable monster X. Augury can't tell you what the players are going to do, so the best you can get is an estimate.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-23, 02:55 PM
Eh, they'd still probably be level 4, like the fighters that appeared. And it's not very likely you'd run into the Deck when you're at a level that a level 4 companion would make a lot of difference.

Extra spells are always useful.
1) Ray of enfeeblement never gets weaker.
2) Enlarge person buff still good.

Granted, DM makes NPCs so they might have bad selection.

senrath
2010-04-23, 03:04 PM
I meant more that they'll probably die if something so much as looks at them funny.

Project_Mayhem
2010-04-23, 03:05 PM
I meant more that they'll probably die if something so much as looks at them funny.

Ablative Armour.

The Tygre
2010-04-23, 03:13 PM
Still prefer Harrow, even though the Deck of Many Things is the sole reason I bought a tarot deck. Can't divinate the thing worth a damn, though.

Furnok
2010-04-23, 03:23 PM
Actually during an adventure a DM made the deck of many things an encounter…

As we used a ring of x-ray vision to look through a door we see a floating skull with emerald eyes... yep a Demi-Lich it was floating next to a table with a table and a deck of cards on it. Our group was roughly 5 people from 19-23 level 2 of us are PC and the other 3 are NPC’s the other player and myself have had our characters since 6th level that’s about 10 years IRL. We completely buff the **** out of ourselves and plan our attack for about an hour so we go threw the door and run right into a wall of force. The Demi-lich casts time stop and uses telepathy to say that he has “a proposition” he says he knows why we are there and that he was put there as a guard but he says if we can beat him in a game that he will let us by and give us the information we need. He says the only reason he didn’t wipe the floor with use is because he has been in that room for thousands of years and was really getting bored.

The game is to play chicken with the deck of many things the rules are best 2 out of 3. First one player will say a number of cards to draw then the other player will say draw that many cards or he will offer a higher number that will go back and forth till one player says draw if the other person can get through that many cards then he wins that round.

The DM says that none of the NPC’s want to do it so my character decides to be the guinea pig. The Demi-Lich starts out at 5, I say 6, and gets to 8 and the Demi-Lich says draw (Before I started I sold all my wealth, magic items, and land to the other PC for 2 gold but I kept a +2 sword) my first card was avoid any situation, then I drew the tower and decided to avoid that, next was wish I received 2 wishes, after that I got 50k xp, then I fought death, next I drew that an Outsider hated me, then I drew tower again I used a wish for that not to happen, then the last card was that my soul was transferred out of my body somewhere else. Now I could have used the wish to avoid that but I have a plan for my last wish (on a side note the DM stated that who ever hated me now has my soul). So I win the first round, then before the 2nd round starts I ask the Demi-lich what happens if he dies/is taken away (tower) he laughs and casts a contingence spell that upon him leavening the room a letter would appear before me giving use all the info we need. So I start the bidding since I won, I start out at 4, then the Demi-Lich says five and then I say draw. He laughs again saying that he got off easy, but before he draws the first card I use my wish to wish that he draws the tower card first.

Poof he is whisked away and we now have the info we need to keep on going. On a side note we didn’t get the XP for killing the Demi-Lich, but we did get some for getting by him.

urbanpirate
2010-04-23, 03:23 PM

sun, throne, throne, comet
if only i could be so lucky on powerball night

Scarey Nerd
2010-04-23, 04:01 PM
...the last card was that my soul was transferred out of my body somewhere else. Now I could have used the wish to avoid that but I have a plan for my last wish (on a side note the DM stated that who ever hated me now has my soul).

I'm confused, your soul was transferred from your body yet you could still play against the demi-lich?

Keshay
2010-04-23, 04:34 PM
I'm confused, your soul was transferred from your body yet you could still play against the demi-lich?

I was confused by that too... If the Player was not whisked away instantly, why was the Lich? I had originally boggled why a wish was able to affect the outcome of an artifact (minor or otherwise), but since the wish was granted by that same artifact I figured it was ok.

TheCountAlucard
2010-04-23, 04:50 PM
A few friends have told me about a game session in which the overly-fascinated DM forced draws from a Deck of Many Things on them by having Olidamarra show up and make them do it.

Any incentive by me to include the Deck in a campaign has thus died horribly.

Piedmon_Sama
2010-04-23, 05:18 PM
I'd draw 'em 'till I died. Curse you, compulsive gambling habit! :C

Defiant
2010-04-23, 05:43 PM
What is "weal"?

The Tygre
2010-04-23, 05:47 PM
sun, throne, throne, comet
if only i could be so lucky on powerball night

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS EARLIER?!

I've got the the Gem, the Key, the Sun, the Fates, and the Star. Nice full hand. :smallcool:

senrath
2010-04-23, 05:52 PM
What is "weal"?

Weal means good.

Ixahinon
2010-04-23, 05:56 PM
How could you NOT draw from the deck of many things? The good is slightly less available than the bad...your odds aren't THAT horrible...to me, it's just too good to pass up.

Bigbrother87
2010-04-23, 06:00 PM
I'll Draw Three:

Ruin: Immediately lose all wealth and real property.
Moon: Granted One Wish.
Flames: Enmity between you and an outer planar creature.

"I wish I had my wealth and real property back."

So ended up with an enemy on another plane. Loss for me, gain for the DM's story...

Yuki Akuma
2010-04-23, 06:13 PM

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS EARLIER?!

I've got the the Gem, the Key, the Sun, the Fates, and the Star. Nice full hand. :smallcool:

I got Comet, Gen, Key.

Cool.

Stone Heart
2010-04-24, 12:25 AM
Happened to have this come up tonight, DM drew from a deck of cards and I got for my 3 and I got the King, Queen and Jack of hearts so the Throne, the Key and the Knight. We happen to be 3rd level in this campaign. My Knight is stronger than me.

Heliomance
2010-04-24, 07:38 AM
If I may suggest something, let's use repetition to our advantage. The functions do exactly what their name implies. Assuming we have an unlimited number of castings of Augury...

int n = 0;
while ( augury("What would the result be if I drew card number", n+1) == "weal") && endOfDeck() == false)
{
n = n+1;
}

drawCards(n)

edit - of course you still run the risk of missing out on cards that are weal and woe and those "draw one more" cards suck.
I think that's basically doing the same as mine. Python's easier to read for non-coders though :P

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-24, 08:27 AM
n=1
def tryout():
n=n+1
tryout()
else:
draw n-1 cards

tryout()

I believe your code has a few bugs. Let me try to fix them

n=1
def tryout():
reservefeat.summon(elemental);
while elemental:
elemental.draw();
if lastdraw.awesomesauce = TRUE
return lastdraw;

tryout()

Heliomance
2010-04-24, 08:30 AM
How does that help? The elemental gets the effects of the cards; you can't go "that card it just drew is awesome, I'll draw the same one."

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-24, 08:31 AM
"hey elemental, give me that nice castle"
"hey elemental, how about you hand me that gold"
"hey fighters, that elemental's my lacky"
"hey dread wraith... you know, just kill him already"

PhoenixRivers
2010-04-24, 08:31 AM
My favorite Deck o Many things involved a draw of Death. A party member stepped in and one-shotted the death that was outmatching the unlucky drawer...

Then died to the copy of death he had to fight, lol.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-24, 08:32 AM
How does that help? The elemental gets the effects of the cards; you can't go "that card it just drew is awesome, I'll draw the same one."

If it was money/items, you can take its money/items.

If it was Star card: you get nothing, but that is risk you take.

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-24, 08:33 AM
You know, it would be an interesting adventure hook for the player characters to be listed as the "extraplanar foe" of some poor guy off on some other plane.

"You have no idea why, but suddenly you realize that you really hate this Amber Brand guy."

Heliomance
2010-04-24, 08:35 AM
I believe your code has a few bugs. Let me try to fix them

n=1
def tryout():
reservefeat.summon(elemental);
while elemental:
elemental.draw();
if lastdraw.awesomesauce = TRUE
return lastdraw;

tryout()

In that case, you'd need to add this on the end:

while rulebooks.inflight==1:
dodge(rulebooks)

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-24, 08:36 AM
Sorry, I thought your original code imported that from the library.

Heliomance
2010-04-24, 08:47 AM
Oh, of course. Sorry, I forgot to put in the

from survivalinstincts import *

PhoenixRivers
2010-04-24, 08:56 AM

In other words?

In Soviet Russia, Deck shuffles YOU!

(note: It never says that YOU replace the card, or lose it. Just that the card is replaced. It could just make new cards, placing them randomly in.)

JaronK
2010-04-24, 03:10 PM
The one time I actually got to draw, I got that card that makes you fight a little death, and I noticed its weapon was a scythe that auto hits. I was playing a high strength Barbarian, so I disarmed him and took his scythe. The DM was not pleased at all, and then I had an auto hit scythe! Power Attack baby!

JaronK

The Cat Goddess
2010-04-24, 09:42 PM
The one time I actually got to draw, I got that card that makes you fight a little death, and I noticed its weapon was a scythe that auto hits. I was playing a high strength Barbarian, so I disarmed him and took his scythe. The DM was not pleased at all, and then I had an auto hit scythe! Power Attack baby!

JaronK

I believe I read somewhere that if you disarm the Death, it creates a new scythe instantly (as a free action)... and when defeated, it (and it's scythe) vanish.

I chose 3...
Flames (outsider hates me)
Idiot (cured with Restoration, took extra draw)
Star (+2 to any stat)
Knight (follower... why the same sex though? Not that the idea bothers me or the rest of the party. :D)

Ozymandias9
2010-04-26, 01:05 AM
I drew 4:
Talons
Rogue
Donjon
Skull

JaronK
2010-04-26, 01:17 AM
I believe I read somewhere that if you disarm the Death, it creates a new scythe instantly (as a free action)... and when defeated, it (and it's scythe) vanish.

That may have been the intent, but it never actually said that...

JaronK