PDA

View Full Version : I Got A Job!

Keld Denar
2010-04-23, 02:49 PM
Some of you might remember the post I made about 6 months ago saying that I got laid off.

Well, I FINALLY found another good job. I got an offer this morning from an engineering design consulting firm on the south end of Seattle. YAY ME! I might get the opportunity to travel a bit as the firm has pretty much clinched a HUGE titanium refinery design contract in Vietnam, and another in Australia is in the works. The old guys don't like to fly that much, which is the reason they hire anxious young engineers like me, right?

Dust
2010-04-23, 02:50 PM
GRATS! That's a sweet gig.

Asta Kask
2010-04-23, 02:56 PM
Congratulations on your gainful employment. More money to spend on itP stuff, right? :smallbiggrin:

jebob
2010-04-23, 03:06 PM
So the firm designs factories? Pretty cool

Just dont make factories that can build factories, we dont want another iRobot!

Mordokai
2010-04-23, 03:12 PM
Has it been six months already? Time sure flies...

Congratulations :smallsmile:

Kuma Da
2010-04-23, 03:16 PM
Rock on. I'm glad to hear someone's winning the unemployment war. :smallbiggrin:

I don't suppose they need a receptionist or anything like that?

Starbuck_II
2010-04-23, 03:20 PM
Some of you might remember the post I made about 6 months ago saying that I got laid off.

Well, I FINALLY found another good job. I got an offer this morning from an engineering design consulting firm on the south end of Seattle. YAY ME! I might get the opportunity to travel a bit as the firm has pretty much clinched a HUGE titanium refinery design contract in Vietnam, and another in Australia is in the works. The old guys don't like to fly that much, which is the reason they hire anxious young engineers like me, right?

Go you!
Hope you don't lose internet in anoter country so PnP game isn't stalled :smallbiggrin:

So what exactly would you need to do?

Keld Denar
2010-04-23, 03:30 PM
Um, at first, I'll be working really close with a paper mill, helping them solve some reliability issues and some process expansion.

The cool thing is that its a REALLY small company. I'll be employee number 20. The president of the company is really approachable, and hes the one that has been doing most of the interview process with me. I'm pretty geeked. I'm probably gonna have to move though, as currently its a 43 mile commute THROUGH downtown Seattle. Blah.

Winter_Wolf
2010-04-23, 04:22 PM
Oohh, I hate you. Congratulations on the job, K.D.!

Envious but glad someone can find a job these days. I like to see when a person gets a job in their field, having seen (and been one of them) far too many people get jobs that have nothing to do with their focus.

TheCountAlucard
2010-04-23, 04:55 PM
Glad to hear you're no longer funemployed. :smallsmile:

Icewalker
2010-04-23, 05:07 PM
Congratulations!

Have an update in celebration.

:smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-04-23, 05:46 PM
Do the gainful employment dance! :smallbiggrin:

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-24, 04:01 AM
Just adding my congratulations. Just remember: if anyone phones you to do a 5-10 minute survey, just do it. We'll just keep calling back until you do and noone wants that :smalltongue: (small businesses make my job a living he'll sometimes)

glad to hear it's somehing you're going to enjoy.

llamamushroom
2010-04-24, 07:16 AM
That's awesome! Well done.

Hopefully they send you flying comfortably, or those are going to be some fun flights. At the very least, you'll lose a day coming here or going to Vietnam, and you'll never get them back!

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-04-24, 08:13 AM
Excellent work! I wish you luck in your new vocation.