PDA

View Full Version : Spring Attack Lightning Boots?

Alcopop
2010-04-24, 04:01 AM
I remember from about a year back one of my friends had a character with a shiny sets of spring attack boots that let him turn into lightning and deal ?d6 amount of electric damage to people he moved through.

I'm making a lightning themed scout and thought they would be perfect, problem being, I just cannot find them anywhere >_<

I have googled, toiled, scryed and searched, I have screamed to the heavens themselves but to no avail.

;p

Um, so yeah, anyone heard of em?

TaintedLight
2010-04-24, 04:04 AM
It sounds a lot like the Lightning Leap spell from Complete Mage if that helps.

Optimator
2010-04-24, 04:41 AM
They may have been homebrewed.

BobVosh
2010-04-24, 04:45 AM
There is the lightning warrior for a class to follow up on, but be warned: very under powered. They don't even get a familiar.

One of the augment stones does lightning as well(I think), but I don't know of any boots that add to damage like that.

Saeveo
2010-04-24, 05:11 AM
You're looking for Stormstrider Boots from Complete Mage. 9d6 to anyone you move through as part of your Spring Attack, once per day.

Alcopop
2010-04-24, 06:42 AM
Once per day hmmmm, I see my friend wasn't being entirely truthful!

Well thanks for the hasty find anyhow! :)

RagnaroksChosen
2010-04-24, 08:28 AM
Once per day hmmmm, I see my friend wasn't being entirely truthful!

Well thanks for the hasty find anyhow! :)

there are ways to increase the times per day for more gold.

Runestar
2010-04-24, 08:39 AM
Or simply carry around multiple pairs of boots to swap out in between fights. :smallsmile:

PhoenixRivers
2010-04-24, 08:48 AM

If you believe the guidelines, x5 the cost, and it's balanced for at will. Not sure how much I'd believe that.

Alcopop
2010-04-24, 08:56 AM

Wait, what? how?

if you believe the guidelines, x5 the cost, and it's balanced for at will. Not sure how much I'd believe that.

Well my friend essentially used it at will and still managed to be the weakest in the group so I'm not too worried.

PhoenixRivers
2010-04-24, 08:57 AM
Wait, what? how?

Well my friend essentially used it at will and still managed to be the weakest in the group so I'm not too worried.

It could be used more solidly with a well optimized spring attacker, with the PHB2 extra spring attacks feats, but it's not a stellar tactic.

herrhauptmann
2010-04-24, 11:18 AM
GO SWIFTBLADE!!
They get spring attack and the followup as bonus feats.