PDA

View Full Version : Incarnate Construct + Wizard

herbe
2010-04-24, 05:27 AM
Which is the best use of Incarnate Construct(Savage Species) tamplate if i want to create a wizard at ECL 20?

base creature?
other templates?
as high as Intelligence and Caster level?

I found force golem (MM5 pg 68) which has 14 int then added IC and have two "free levels" because of -2 LA (i know there isnt negative LA). Any suggestion?
Any templates that create construct?

If a construct has to roll to ability score, it going to be 12 for clarification.

Ranos
2010-04-24, 05:31 AM
Dude. ECL20 wizard.
Why do you even bother with the cheese ? Just wish yourself into being a golem or whatever.

Also, force golem has racial HD.

Darrin
2010-04-24, 06:56 AM
Dude. ECL20 wizard.

I think you can use simulacrum or clone to knock the HD down to more manageable levels.

And if you can go that route, then start with a large-sized construct so Incarnate Construct changes your type to Giant. You can then add the Primordial Giant template for +4 Int, LA +0.

herbe
2010-04-24, 07:22 AM
Dude. ECL20 wizard.
Why do you even bother with the cheese ? Just wish yourself into being a golem or whatever.

I insist on Incarnate Construct and there is a Miniature template from Book of Templates (http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=2765&it=1&filters=0_0_0_0) and if it reduced by one size you half the RHD. So a small incarnate construct has only 1 RHD which can be skipped. But how can i go on? which template provide a quite large amount of Intelligence with only +2LA?

Primordial Giant template for +4 Int, LA +0. its okay but we also have -2 LA

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-24, 08:19 AM
Dude, if that works the way you say, play a minature black ethergaunt / monk 12

Divide by Zero
2010-04-24, 09:55 AM
Expeditious Messenger, from one of the Eberron books. Diminutive size and 100' perfect fly speed, among other things, and its HD goes away when you take a class level.

Flickerdart
2010-04-24, 10:12 AM
You can't use negative LA for class levels, because you can't start the game below ECL1. You would have to fill the 2 LA with templates.

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-24, 10:58 AM
He said that, he wants templates to fill those 2 LA.

Flickerdart
2010-04-24, 11:05 AM
So he did. It was difficult to tell.

Phrenic is pretty fun, it gets you a whole bunch of Psionics and some INT.

herbe
2010-04-24, 11:18 AM
You can't use negative LA for class levels, because you can't start the game below ECL1. You would have to fill the 2 LA with templates.
I know that but I dont find an exact template for it..
Phrenic creature add only +2 to int but nice psionic ability

Nidogg
2010-04-24, 11:29 AM
Although you dint get any LA for this apply the dragon born template as well. Just cause breath weapons win. On a more serious note, apply the Ghost template as well. Your a wizard. You dont need any of the Hacky stuff.

herbe
2010-04-24, 12:05 PM
Dragonborn are okay for boost but ghost are also boost but dont get bonus neither to int nor caster level and it cost +5 LA

Irreverent Fool
2010-04-24, 01:24 PM
Which is the best use of Incarnate Construct(Savage Species) tamplate if i want to create a wizard at ECL 20?

base creature?
other templates?
as high as Intelligence and Caster level?

I found force golem (MM5 pg 68) which has 14 int then added IC and have two "free levels" because of -2 LA (i know there isnt negative LA). Any suggestion?
Any templates that create construct?

If a construct has to roll to ability score, it going to be 12 for clarification.

So you're arguing that the force golem without the template is LA +0? Interesting.

Edit: Sorry. That's not helpful. (As usual.) Check out pg. 10 of Savage Species, "Estimating Level Adjustments". The idea with incarnate construct is to estimate the LA for the base creature and then reduce that by two when the template is applied. A creature with no listed LA or an LA of "--" is not normally suitable as a PC. It doesn't mean that the LA is +0. (The exception is humans who have no listed LA because they appear in no monster manual entry.) Take note that you'll also still have 4 humanoid hit dice.

obnoxious
sig