PDA

View Full Version : Repo Man: Legal Assassin prestige class

Talon Sky
2010-04-25, 12:49 AM
Inspired by Repo! The Genetic Opera and not the crappy new Hollywood movie. Made as a joke one tired night, but I'm posting it for opinions ;p

------
Repo Man, Legal Assassin

Requirements:
+6 Base attack bonus

Skills: 8 Move Silently, 5 Intimidate

Feats: Combat Expertise, Precise Shot, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack

Alignment: Any Lawful. Repo Men are legal assassins and work for the ruling government or a syndicate order. Repo Men that cannot follow their superior's order are often stripped of her titles and hunted down. A Repo Man who becomes unlawful keeps all his class abilities but cannot progress any more levels as a Repo Man until he finds a new boss to work under and becomes lawful again.

Levels:
Every level: +1 base attack bonus, +1 fortitude, +1 reflex. Repo Men are expert warriors with trained bodies.

Every three levels: +1 will. Repo Men are subjected by their bosses and learn to shelter themselves from other's influences slower.

1)Sneak attack +1d6 (stacks with existing sneak attack bonuses). Sneak attack range +10 feet (Repo Men are experts of precision and accuracy, and can make their sneak attacks at 40 feet).
3)Sneak attack +2d6. Aura of Fear (Someone encounter a Repo Man who is not recognized as an ally must make a Will save or be afraid and try their hardest to run from the Repo Man for 1d6 rounds. DC save is 10+character level).
4)Sneak attack range +20 feet (total 50 feet). Skill Focus: Move Silently.
6)Weapon Focus/Specialization: Any Blade weapon.
7)Sneak Attack +3d6. Improved Aura of Fear: +10 to the Will DC (A Repo Man of level 7 or higher is so renowned and feared that his presence anywhere can be felt within the depths of one's soul)
10)Sneak attack +4d6. Repo Man Strike (Any blade weapon a Repo Man uses is treated as if it has the magical effect Vorpal and Keen even if it does not. The Vorpal in this sense can either behead or eviscerate the opponent at the Repo Man's choice)

icefractal
2010-04-25, 01:52 AM
First off, a couple minor issues:
Save progression - Should be standard, which for Good Fort and Reflex means +(2 + 1/2 level). Having an odd progression just adds confusion for little benefit.

Aura of Fear: DC 10+level will be unusually low at the beginning and eventually get extremely high. DC 10 + 1/2 level + Cha would be better, and would fit with other similar abilities.

Improved Aura of Fear: +10 is a ridiculously huge bonus to a save DC.

Secondly, the prerequisites - the feats seem a bit heavy. This class being mostly ranged, is the entire Spring Attack chain really necessary? Also, this makes it hard for anyone except a Fighter to get in. What kind of character do you see entering this class, and what would be their biggest motivation to do so?

Ravens_cry
2010-04-25, 02:06 AM
Interesting idea, but shouldn't this be in Homebrew? We have an entire sub forum just for this kind of topic.

Talon Sky
2010-04-25, 02:23 AM
First off, a couple minor issues:
Save progression - Should be standard, which for Good Fort and Reflex means +(2 + 1/2 level). Having an odd progression just adds confusion for little benefit.

Aura of Fear: DC 10+level will be unusually low at the beginning and eventually get extremely high. DC 10 + 1/2 level + Cha would be better, and would fit with other similar abilities.

Improved Aura of Fear: +10 is a ridiculously huge bonus to a save DC.

Secondly, the prerequisites - the feats seem a bit heavy. This class being mostly ranged, is the entire Spring Attack chain really necessary? Also, this makes it hard for anyone except a Fighter to get in. What kind of character do you see entering this class, and what would be their biggest motivation to do so?

Meh, I just tried to make it as accurate to what I saw in the movie. This was just kinda for fun. I suppose the feats may be a bit much, though. And a fighter or rogue would have the biggest draw to this, maybe a character with a splash of the two.

As far as the aura of fear, it actually makes sense; there are lots of 'low-level' fodder Repo Men, but then you get Nathan Wallace who is a 'high-level' Repo Man and his very presence in a 10-mile radius makes people crap themselves ;p

And maybe this should be in homebrew; I wasn't sure as I've never posted something like this before.