PDA

View Full Version : Captain Planet

Amiel
2010-04-25, 07:22 AM
Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Heart!
GO, Planet! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G27UFwZ5vE)
By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90PZfxKCGk4&feature=related)
Captain Planet, He's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero
He's our powers magnified
And he's fighting on the planet's side
Captain Planet, He's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero
Gonna help him put asunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this, Captain Planet!"
We're the Planeteers
You can be one, too
Cuz saving our planet is the thing to do
Looting and polluting is not the way
Hear what Captain Planet has to say
The power is yours!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e2/Captain_Planet.jpg/250px-Captain_Planet.jpg

Medium Outsider (Good)
Hit Dice: 25d8+175 (375 hp)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares), fly 200 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 49 (+6 Dex, +8 deflection, +25 natural), touch 24, flat-footed 43
Base Attack/Grapple: +25/+37
Attack: Slam +37 melee (3d6+18)
Full Attack: 2 slams +37 melee (3d6+18)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spells
Special Qualities: Chakras, Captain Planet, change shape, damage reduction 15/epic or pollution, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, immunity to disease, petrification and poison, protective aura, regeneration 15, spell resistance 37, tongues, vulnerability to pollution, witty
Saves: Fort +21, Ref +20, Will +24
Abilities: Str 35, Dex 23, Con 25, Int 23, Wis 27, Cha 27
Skills:
Feats: Cleave, Dodge, Great Cleave, Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Mobility, Negotiator, Power Attack
Environment: Any good-aligned plane
Organization: Solitary or with planeteers
Challenge Rating: 25
Treasure: No coins; double goods; standard items
Alignment: Always neutral good
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"

Combat

Chakras (Ex): As the personification of raw elemental energy, Captain Planet has bound soulmelds to his chakras. He can cycle through and benefit from any chakra with an elemental tag of acid, air, earth, electricity, fire, sonic and water; he cannot benefit from or use any other types. All enacted soulmelds do not materlise into form, they appear as natural abilities of the captain. For example, Captain Planet could shoot electricity out of his hands per lightning gauntlets; these do not appear as gauntlets but as lightning shooting out of the tips of his fingers.
His chakras are bound to both arms, legs and his heart. The soulmeld occupying his heart chakra is always the strongest, and always at double strength.

Captain Planet (Ex): When all elemental energies are focused with a singular aim upon a single point, and spiritual incantations are spoken with heart, this invokes a superhero the likes of which the world has never seen. Fittingly, he has a name of superhero-like proportions, and that name is Captain Planet.
Captain Planet benefits from all these energies and especially heart.
Captain always has max HP.
Elemental Absorption: Captain Planet is immune to all elemental energies. When cast, fired or otherwise dealt upon his person they have no effect; they are simply absorbed.
Elemental Empowerment: Not only do the elements have no effect on Captain Planet, they empower him to full effect. Each time an element is directed at the good captain in anger, malice or aid, Captain Planet may benefit from a selection of ability score enhancing spells; the full selection being, cat's grace, fox's cunning, eagle's splendor, owl's wisdom, bear's endurance and bull's strength. Only one enhancing spell is available at the one time.

Change Shape (Su): Captain Planet always has an active shapechange. He limits himself to altering his structure to take on the properties of any element or material.

Protective Aura (Su): Against attacks made or effects created by attacking creatures, this ability provides a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 20 feet of Captain Planet. Otherwise, it functions as a lesser globe of invulnerability, with a radius of 20 feet (caster level 25th). This aura can be dispelled, but Captain Planet can create it again as a free action on its next turn. (The defensive benefits from the circle are not included in Captain's Planet statistics block.)

Regeneration (Ex): Captain Planet takes normal damage from epic weapons and pollution.

Spells: Captain Planet casts divine spells as a 25th-level cleric. He has access to the Air, Earth, Fire and Water domains. He casts these spells as spell-like abilities and has no need for material or verbal components. The save DCs are Wisdom-based.
Typical Cleric Spells Prepared: 6/8/8/8/8/7/6/6/6/6; save DC 18 + spell level.

Tongues (Su): Captain Planet can speak with any creature that has a language, as though using a tongues spell (caster level 25th). This ability is always active.

Vulnerability to Pollution (Ex): Captain Planet is, unfortunately, exceedingly vulnerable to pollution and pollutants, taking maximum damage as normal from the effect, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure. Furthermore, he is weakened within an area of pollution, such that it deals a -6 penalty to his Con score and is exhausted, staggered and sickened (as the conditions). He must be revitalised with any energy to recover.

Witty (Ex): Captain Planet is extremely witty and makes liberal use of puns. As a standard action, he can taunt his enemies and goad opponents to make mistakes, become distracted and the like. This resolves as a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks for his opponents. These go away at the end of Captain Planet's turn. He can taunt again on his turn.

Serpentine
2010-04-25, 07:38 AM
Heeeee :biggrin:

My Boy disputes the Neutral aspect of his alignment. He reckons Lawful all the way. I don't agree, but he makes a good argument.
Might wanna give a bit of an idea of what "pollution" means.

Lysander
2010-04-25, 08:58 AM
Maybe you should add the rings as special artifacts that can summon him. They're given to lower level commoners to give them at will elemental or enchantment spells.

Ra_Va
2010-04-25, 10:41 AM
I'm just seeing an epic battle between Captain Planet vs Sammaster

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-04-25, 11:25 AM
Captain Planet, please meet Taint Elemental. . . yeah, theres an elemental you wont get along with. . . hehehe. . . .

Does that make me a bad person?

Jack of Spades
2010-04-25, 11:51 AM
I would think pollution would be acid damage, but that's just me.

In any event, I wholeheartedly agree that the rings should be statted out next. Make sure that they're powerless when Captain Planet is on the same plane or dead :smallwink:

I'm sort of foggy as to what the Chakras actually do, It just doesn't seem like the crunch is.... Crunchy enough.

Zeta Kai
2010-04-25, 01:14 PM
I'm Ted Turner*, & I approve this message. :smallwink:
* = No, I'm not, really.
Kudos, Amiel. Now get back to making awesome gods. :smallbiggrin:

arguskos
2010-04-25, 01:29 PM
I'm sort of foggy as to what the Chakras actually do, It just doesn't seem like the crunch is.... Crunchy enough.
Check out Magic of Incarnum, from which that system originates. It's too complex to repost here.

Sydonai
2010-04-25, 04:15 PM
Wait, he has unlimited use of soulmelds AND Cleric casting, at his HD.
.......Yeah, this is more than CR25. ......Awesome though.