PDA

View Full Version : Death Delver

Squider
2010-04-25, 12:51 PM
The Death Delver, from Hero's of Horror is probably one of my favorite PRC's ever, flavor wise. But it's constrained from trying to appeal to any class and fails to have a clear role. it can fight but not well, it can cast but not well. otherwise the granted abilities are pretty good and flavorful, with what is probably the coolest capstone ever, you don't die the first nine times your supposed to.

What do you guys think about my proposed fixes?

A) Scrap the casting and give it full BAB and a larger HD (Hit Dice are mostly cosmetic anyway)

or

B) Give it Wizard BAB and then give it full casting, sans first level. (to note, there are no full casting PRC's in my world, they all lose at least one level of spell casting on the first PRC level) and we'd add thematically appropriate spells from the Death Delvers spell list to your spell list.

Mongoose87
2010-04-25, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't give it full casting. It doesn't seem to be that kind of class. If you're worried about it, I'd leave it as is, but give it full BaB. The spell list isn't strong enough to overpower it.

EDIT: Another note, it gives you Rebuke Undead, so, if you take a class like Sacred Exorcist, which gives you Turn Undead, you can get double the uses to fuel DMM.