PDA

View Full Version : Sands of Destruction Question

Atronach
2010-04-25, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know how to get the book of light in Lyse? I keep talking to the girl you are supposed to get it from, and all she ever talks about is how she failed to get through the temple.

Inhuman Bot
2010-04-25, 06:12 PM
... I totally didn't even realize this was out.

What's it like? >.>

Atronach
2010-04-25, 06:51 PM
It is quite entertaining, has an interesting storyline, some pretty creative parts of combat and outside of combat like quips, which are catch phrases the chracters learn throughout the game, and can use during combat for various purposes (bonus to defense, attack, et cetera), and really good game music.
However, the protagonists are generic, the voice acting is okay at best, and I really hate some of the puzzles that are just really weird. For example, I walk through this town, move to another part of it, and suddenly I encounter this really insane puzzle that seems like it was put in there just to waste my time. It was not entertaining, only frustrating. Oh, and some of the boss battles are sprung on you. I was walking through a forest, slaying creatures, and suddenly, when the protagonists are low on health, a really tough boss shows up.
Rant aside, the game is quite cool, and I have had a fantastic time playing it (other then the psychotic puzzles, not to imply that all puzzles were horrible).

Inhuman Bot
2010-04-25, 07:29 PM
Thanks. I'll probably give it a rent soon. :smallsmile:

Atronach
2010-04-26, 07:53 PM
So nobody that has viewed this page can help me? Interesting...

Milskidasith
2010-04-26, 08:34 PM
Check a website dedicated to gaming, such as gamefaqs. They are far more likely to have the answer than a website mostly dedicated to a webcomic and D&D.

Atronach
2010-04-26, 09:18 PM
I searched for a while trying to find what I was doing wrong. I found nothing that helped me. Eventually, I gave up, and figured that this was my best shot because possibly someone can assist me, and if there instructions are poorly explained, I can inform them of such.
edit: game faqs did not help. I will continue to look for guides.