PDA

View Full Version : Build me Naraku

Geiger Counter
2010-04-25, 07:56 PM
Yes the villain from Inuyasha. Basically he's a half far spawn Rakshasa (albino baboon instead of tiger) filled with a compressed poisonous gas with a phylactery and a modified engulf ability. I'm interested in what the people on this board are capable of coming up with.

Story line wise he is a Rakshasa who did some major stuff for the dealkyr when they invaded so they were willing to do some experiments on him. Normally outsiders in eberron have difficulty gaining levels, they tend to be fixed in power. However one ability the dealkyr gave him is the power to assimilate mortals (this power does not work on outsiders) by selecting a few powerful mortals Naraku has gained considerable power (probably eldritch knight levels) however he also assimilated their mortal weaknesses, Naraku has gained something of a Conscience in the process which he is trying to get rid of while maintaining his current power level.

Sydonai
2010-04-25, 08:06 PM
Like I said last time; "Advanced Daelkyr", turn his Aura of Corruption into a poison gas, and give him modified Simulucrums/clones. Then start adding templates, and change them each time the PCs encounter him. Give him alot of cunjuration/transmution SLAs and you have a BBEG.

Geiger Counter
2010-04-25, 08:17 PM
Like I said last time; "Advanced Daelkyr", turn his Aura of Corruption into a poison gas, and give him modified Simulucrums/clones. Then start adding templates, and change them each time the PCs encounter him. Give him alot of cunjuration/transmution SLAs and you have a BBEG.

Daelkyr doesn't fit. Naraku is a cunning shapesfter wizard vulnerable to sacred arrows, Rakshasa fits all of these while the Daelkyr fits none.

Sydonai
2010-04-25, 08:48 PM
Daelkyr mutate people till they behave, create monsters and drive people insane. Besides, if Naraku could read minds we would be F%&ked.

Geiger Counter
2010-04-25, 09:01 PM
Daelkyr mutate people till they behave, create monsters and drive people insane.

I think Naraku enjoys servants who would kill him if they had the chance, he get's off on quiet desperation. The daelkyr see their creations like works of art, to naraku his creations are his refuse, evolutionary dead ends. Also naraku uses manipulation to drive people nuts, simply using magic to make people crazy is not as fun.