PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Deep Sarfratular IC Part 1 (RM)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

AssassinKing
2010-06-26, 10:46 PM
I am fine but thanks for asking. We should continue. Hope puts her hand on her wound.

Sarom
2010-06-27, 05:36 AM
I guess I post now? Well here goes.

You all travel up the staircase. At the second floor you see two doors. One is above you, obviously leading to the third floor. It has no lock or knob on it. There is another door on your right that opens up into the second floor.

AssassinKing
2010-06-27, 09:21 PM
Hope searches the door to the right for traps.

[roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-27, 09:27 PM
Eldarion

" I was going to suggest we investigate that room, lest foes pounce upon us from behind. Hmmph. " He says, bringing arcane fire to his fist. In this lower illumination, Eldarion's inner light can be faintly seen, even underneath his cloak. The blade of Arcana pulses as the Divine warrior's thoughts race ahead of the limits of mortality.

Making a spellcraft check on the door. DCs are in the PHB, I want to see if I recognize some magic on the door. [roll0] If it's a divination spell, I get a +2 bonus to the check, else, -2 if its necromancy...

Sarom
2010-06-27, 09:35 PM
Hope finds no traps on the right door while Eldarion detects no magic on the two doors. Hope finds during her inspection that the door to the right is locked.

Samm
2010-06-28, 02:49 AM
"Well, that's odd. The door above us has nothing we can open it with. I think it opens from the inside..." Horst takes a look at the second door. "If it's locked Critias can knock it down right?"

Cadian 9th
2010-06-28, 02:55 AM
Eldarion

" Please. No reason to ruin my work, don't smash the door. Hope, can you pick the lock? " He says, fingering with something in his pocket.

" I have the key in my pocket, you idiots. "

AssassinKing
2010-06-28, 10:21 PM
Yeah I can pick the lock.

[roll0] for open lock check

Sarom
2010-06-28, 11:06 PM
Hope successfully unlocks the door in almost no time at all.

Samm
2010-06-29, 04:51 AM
Horst is now slightly impatient, and he wants to get moving. He says, "It's unlocked now right? Critias, you open it, I'll cover you, Eldarion and Hope, you follow through, while I cover you."

He readies himself for action. Horst draws his bow and readies a shot.

Attack, against any nasties in the room that we're entering, after we open the door: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-29, 04:59 AM
Eldarion

He looks alarmed that Horst expects him to go in second... " I'll go first. I wouldn't expect any of you to do something I wouldn't do my self! " he says, opening the door, blade ready, confident in his faith and power.

Yes, horst, Eldarion won't expect you to do anything he wouldn't do himself. lol. Highlight my prievous post. It makes funny, just disregard it.

Sarom
2010-06-29, 05:15 AM
Eldarion opens the door to be confronted by nothing. The whole floor is dead silence, only the groups movements can be heard.

jumpywinghim
2010-06-30, 06:06 AM
Critias peeks over Eladarion's shoulder for a second, having taken over as second in line.

"Right. Well...let's go upstairs? Our objective IS to reach the study after all..."

He looks at the door above them.

"Huh. Things can never be as easy and simple as they look...especially the opening of that door." he says, indicating it. It is just a suspicion he has, a result from the door below.

"At this rate, by the end of this exercise, I will be over-cautious of every door I see..." he thinks.

Samm
2010-07-01, 02:43 AM
"Right, Hope are there any traps on the door above? That's the important question, I want to be sure we're not wandering into a bucket full of traps."

AssassinKing
2010-07-01, 05:20 PM
I'll check the next door.
[roll0] search for traps
[roll1] disable device if needed
[roll2] for open lock

Sarom
2010-07-02, 12:38 AM
Hope finds no traps on the door or near it at all. She sees that there is no lock on the door but discovers that the door opens when a lever is activated.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-02, 02:35 AM
Eldarion

" Okay, there's nothing here. Let's keep moving. " he says.

Or is there?

Samm
2010-07-04, 06:49 PM
"Hey, why don't we just smash this door in. It's locked right? If we can't pick the lock, we may be able to break it."

Cadian 9th
2010-07-04, 07:37 PM
Eldarion

He sighs. " I motioned this portal myself, with mine eldritch power. Such an act should not be cast away lightly. Besides, in a real area, there are some doors even our might cannot smash open. "

Samm
2010-07-04, 10:34 PM
"What do you propose we do? I don't want to just stand here doing nothing."

Cadian 9th
2010-07-10, 09:15 PM
Eldarion

" We should keep moving. My plan is ingenious, no? " He says.

Okay, Wingers or Sarom, post for crying out loud.

Samm
2010-07-10, 10:02 PM
Horst

"Where to? That's what I want to know."

jumpywinghim
2010-07-11, 12:22 AM
"Up of course." says Critias. "We aim for the study, do we not? No need for unneccessary detours. Are we smashing the door open or unlocking it? Come on, let's pick one. I would not mind either option."

He thinks for a moment.

"Disregarding the fact that you constructed this whole course, Eldarion, how about you detect for some traps of the magical sort, around the upper door? I, for one, do NOT want a repeat of what occured downstairs."

Cadian 9th
2010-07-11, 01:03 AM
Eldarion

The wizard bows his head, nodding, then looks up, eyes shimmering with Eldritch energy, blue as the pulsing light of a cold star.

Detecting magic for 6 rounds, or 4 if I find stuff.

Samm
2010-07-12, 04:37 AM
Horst

I have no idea. I suggested smashing it, if we can't unlock it and Eldarion just said "No". It's silly. I doubt it'd hurt to try.

Sarom
2010-07-15, 04:22 AM
Eldarion

The wizard bows his head, nodding, then looks up, eyes shimmering with Eldritch energy, blue as the pulsing light of a cold star.

Detecting magic for 6 rounds, or 4 if I find stuff.

Eldarion can detect no magic on the door or near it at all. Hope agitated to get on the move decides to go downstairs.

She yells as she walks down,
"I'll check the bottom floor for a switch or something. Continue without for a while, I'll catch up if need be."

Samm
2010-07-15, 05:30 AM
Horst

Horst follows her down. "Continue, you're kidding right? We're pretty much stuck. I'm coming with you, I've got nothing better to do."

Cadian 9th
2010-07-15, 07:15 PM
Eldarion

" Are you alright, Hope? There is no bottom floor. We are on the bottom floor, there is no switch. " Eldarion says calmly. Readying a spell...

" We have been tainted, I fear. Horst, Criteas, be ready. " Eldarion speaks in Elven.

readied spell: Daze.

Samm
2010-07-16, 02:31 AM
Horst

Horst nods, "Okay, she is acting funny..." readies his bow in case of impending danger. He also loosens his sword in his sheathe.

Sarom
2010-07-17, 05:46 AM
Eh? Since when did I start acting strangely? All I'm doing is searching for a switch for the door. I am guessing that we're on the second floor of the keep. Why not opening the door that isn't locked or trapped and search the rooms in there?

Cadian 9th
2010-07-19, 02:55 AM
Eldarion

" Because I know where everything is Hope. Why is it so desperate that we open that door? My magic is more than enough, yet I have already motioned for us to leave and continue. "

Okay, just to make sure Eldarion does know.
Decipher Script: (1d20+10)[30]
Spellcraft: (1d20+15)[35]
Arcana: (1d20+15)[35]
History: (1d20+15)[35]
Dungeoneering: (1d20+8)[28]
Raw Intelligence Check: (1d20+6)[26]
Concentration Check to Recall: (1d20+14)[34]

Notice me taking 20. Just to make sure I know everything. I haven't invested 60 skill points into Knowledge and don't have Intelligence 22 to miss things. And if you want Listen and Spot I'll take 20 on them too, getting
Listen (1d20+7)[27]
Spot (1d20+20)[40]

And if you want search checks, Eldarion can do better, with a swift boost:
Search (1d20+26)[46]

Okay, so what does eldarion know? I presume an awfully small ammount, judging by the numbers here. Oh yeah, I forgot. I have Detect magic, Detect snares and traps, Detect secret Doors, and See Invisibility going.

Samm
2010-07-20, 12:26 AM
Horst

"Eldarion, where are we planning to go? You haven't said."

Sarom
2010-07-20, 12:57 AM
Eldarion

" Because I know where everything is Hope. Why is it so desperate that we open that door? My magic is more than enough, yet I have already motioned for us to leave and continue. "

Okay, just to make sure Eldarion does know.
Decipher Script: (1d20+10)[30]
Spellcraft: (1d20+15)[35]
Arcana: (1d20+15)[35]
History: (1d20+15)[35]
Dungeoneering: (1d20+8)[28]
Raw Intelligence Check: (1d20+6)[26]
Concentration Check to Recall: (1d20+14)[34]

Notice me taking 20. Just to make sure I know everything. I haven't invested 60 skill points into Knowledge and don't have Intelligence 22 to miss things. And if you want Listen and Spot I'll take 20 on them too, getting
Listen (1d20+7)[27]
Spot (1d20+20)[40]

And if you want search checks, Eldarion can do better, with a swift boost:
Search (1d20+26)[46]

Okay, so what does eldarion know? I presume an awfully small ammount, judging by the numbers here. Oh yeah, I forgot. I have Detect magic, Detect snares and traps, Detect secret Doors, and See Invisibility going.

(I detect sarcasm. Anyhow sorry I took long but I thought it'll be best I posted via a computer instead of the Ipod touch.)

From your time spent repairing the fort you have discovered many secret places, most likely used as escape routes for the nobles and generals living in the Fort.

Plenty of servant passage ways to get around the place quickly were also discovered within the Fort.

In total you have discovered over,
six escape routes,
ten different servant passage ways,
and five underground passages.

You have not explored the underground passage ways yet as all five lead outside the Fort's area but you can tell that all of the passages join up in a chamber underground.The underground passages and chamber lie at least fifty foot underground.

This chamber you discovered was what used to be a placce of refuge for the farmers and civilians in a certain radius of up to ten miles from the Fort.
Trapdoors that lead underground are located in several areas.
One is located in the Keep bottom floor underneath the table on the right,
two trapdoors are located in the two barracks, both covered by dirt and situated in the middle of the barracks,
one lies outside just on very right-hand corner of the Fort, built into the walls,
whilst the last route is though the well that is situated in the middle of the Fort.

The majority of servant passage ways only extend as far as the building itself goes. Two of the routes lead to one barracks each from the Keep, approximately ten foot undergound.

Four of the routes are situated within the Keep. Two of the routes extend from the first floor to the third floor. This is built inside to the staircase and opens when a certain stone block is pressed near each door that leads to the floor.

The other two routes lead to a tunnel that is built on the side of the Fort. Both of these lead directly to the third floor from the first floor only. Only the child servants use these ones as the passage too small for even a teenager.

The rest of the four are situated undergound. They lead from the trapdoor, in the middle of the keep, to the four corners of the wall. Lately soldiers have been using these passages to defend the wall against enemies quicker. These passages are also approximately ten foot undergound.

Last of all are the escape routes. Deep underground at around two-hundred feet or more is a large chamber which the passages lead to. The large chamber joins up to a larger passage which leads South-East.

The six routes that lead to the chamber are as follows:
Two, one each, come from the barracks situated under the 3rd bunkbed from the door of the barrack.

One comes from the Keep situated under the table on the left.

One comes from the refugee undergound chamber.

One is situated near the far-east of the gate.

While the last is situated on the top of the North wall in the middle.

(I most likely made a few grammar mistakes somewhere but I'll check later)

jumpywinghim
2010-07-25, 05:41 AM
Eldarion

"Eldarion, I believe it was you, my friend, who instructed us to reach your study, which is located higher up. That's why we require the upper door to be opened, and subsequently passed through."

Critias considers Eldarion's statement about 'ruining his work'. He then considers Horst's thoughts on the matter.

"I also must concur with Horst. We should try all options, and breaking the door down is one of them. With my Fists of Stone, attempting it would indeed, quite literally, "not hurt". I'm sorry Eldarion, but I'm sure it will not be a problem for you to fix the door up again should I succeed. I will attempt to break the locking mechanism only, or, failing that, only break the hinges."

Critias walks up the to door and aims at the section of the door where the hinges aren't there. He draws his arms back, preparing to strike the door...

Omg Critias said "mechanism" :smallbiggrin:. I've set this post out as if Critias is on the brink of carrying his attack on the door through, so if anyone has any objections, they can object before I demolish the thing. Otherwise, we can proceed as if I've struck the door.

jumpywinghim
2010-07-25, 07:02 AM
(Here's the strength check for hitting the door. Fists of Stone bonus is +6 enhancement to strength, I suppose that adds +3 to the modifier.)
[roll0]

Sarom
2010-07-25, 07:06 AM
Critias attempts to break the door. He manages to break through the outer layer of the door, which is wooden, but comes across a metal layer behind the wooden layer.

jumpywinghim
2010-07-25, 07:33 AM
Critias growls in annoyance as he encounters the unexpected, much harder part of the door.

"This door has a metal layer in it!" he reports to the others.

He draws his fists back and attempts to smash through the metal.

[roll0]

Sarom
2010-07-25, 07:39 AM
Critias punches the metal layer, harder than he did against the wood. The result, is a small dent the size of a fingernail in the metal layer.

jumpywinghim
2010-07-25, 08:00 AM
Critias growls, this time in slight frustration.

"Well, so much for that. Maybe we should search around the room through the unlocked door."

Samm
2010-07-26, 02:16 AM
Horst

"Right, lets move then, we haven't tried the other staircase then have we?" Horst enters the room, bow to his side, ready for danger, on the lookout for things that may attack him.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-26, 02:37 AM
Eldarion

Watching Hope, he blasts her with a Daze spell. Before she can regain action, he knocks her over with a fist then pins her to the ground. " Are you alright? I told you not to move. Criteas, try attacking the door not bashing it. "

I auto grapple, I think, but here it is:
[roll0]

And pin [roll1]

Also, Criteas, just sunder the door: You make an attack and fists of stone deal d8+10 damage, so d8 damage to the door every turn - better then trying to push it open.

Dungeoncrashing fighter. Yes please. +5 on the check, or just bull rush the door for 4d6+2xstr damage. Kaching! :smallbiggrin:

Samm
2010-07-26, 02:45 AM
Horst

Horst, upon realising that his companions haven't followed through the door, he turns around and heads back to his companions. "That door, is two layered? Metal and Wood? Who designed it? This is really weird... When Horst realises that Critias is unlikely to much progress with the door, he offers his sword, "Look, if you need the extra oomph, you can have my sword."

jumpywinghim
2010-07-28, 01:00 AM
Critias politely declines the offer of Horst's weapon.

"Thank you Horst, but I think, for this occassion, a more reliable form of force would be better suited. Something in Eldarion's collection of spells could do the trick. Eldarion, anything you could spare to remove this door? If not, then I'll first try to hack through it with my own sword."

Sarom
2010-07-28, 02:20 AM
Eldarion

Watching Hope, he blasts her with a Daze spell. Before she can regain action, he knocks her over with a fist then pins her to the ground. " Are you alright? I told you not to move. Criteas, try attacking the door not bashing it. "

I auto grapple, I think, but here it is:
[roll0]

And pin [roll1]

Also, Criteas, just sunder the door: You make an attack and fists of stone deal d8+10 damage, so d8 damage to the door every turn - better then trying to push it open.

Dungeoncrashing fighter. Yes please. +5 on the check, or just bull rush the door for 4d6+2xstr damage. Kaching! :smallbiggrin:

Hope lies on the floor, dazed, with Eldarion's left hand holding her down. She doesn't retaliate and a small lump can be seen where Eldarion hit her.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-28, 02:23 AM
Umm, pinned to the floor. How did she oppose my grapple?

Eldarion

" Are you alright? Do you feel sane at the moment? Mortals often are prone to fits of incredible idiocy. "

" Horst, secure her, I must check for taint, unless she has some explanation for her actions. "

Sarom
2010-08-04, 05:32 AM
Umm, pinned to the floor. How did she oppose my grapple?

Eldarion

" Are you alright? Do you feel sane at the moment? Mortals often are prone to fits of incredible idiocy. "

" Horst, secure her, I must check for taint, unless she has some explanation for her actions. "

Having recovered from the sudden move, Hope answers back with great fury.

"What in the world was that for!" She glares at Eldarion in digust.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-04, 10:05 PM
Okay, great. Is that our DM post for the next few days? Can we assume eldarion will let here speak when he asks a direct question?:smallannoyed:

Sarom
2010-08-04, 10:17 PM
Okay, great. Is that our DM post for the next few days? Can we assume eldarion will let here speak when he asks a direct question?:smallannoyed:

Hey now, you were the one who said that when someone is dazed, they cannot do a thing.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-04, 10:21 PM
I dazed her as a readied action. Then I grappled her. The daze effect ended when she was dazed. My point still stands, can we assume Eldarion is smart enough to wait till she recovers before asking here important questions?

Sarom
2010-08-04, 11:38 PM
I dazed her as a readied action. Then I grappled her. The daze effect ended when she was dazed. My point still stands, can we assume Eldarion is smart enough to wait till she recovers before asking here important questions?

Then perhaps, specify that you're asking her after the daze wore off. I can't read people's mind.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-04, 11:54 PM
Then perhaps, specify that you're asking her after the daze wore off. I can't read people's mind.

Ok, just for you.

Eldarion

Eldarion, having pinned Hope to the floor as the dazing wore off, uses his strength to ensure she cannot move, by means of a knee in her abdomen and a single arm across her chest. His other arm is ready to fend off a punch and his cloak falls across the two of them, making it difficult for Hope to escape in the unlikely event she throws Eldarion off.

Thinking of everything, Eldarion waits till the spell completely wears off, then clears his throat. " Are you alright? Do you feel sane at the moment? Mortals often are prone to fits of incredible idiocy. "

Sarom
2010-08-05, 12:50 AM
Ok, just for you.

Eldarion

Eldarion, having pinned Hope to the floor as the dazing wore off, uses his strength to ensure she cannot move, by means of a knee in her abdomen and a single arm across her chest. His other arm is ready to fend off a punch and his cloak falls across the two of them, making it difficult for Hope to escape in the unlikely event she throws Eldarion off.

Thinking of everything, Eldarion waits till the spell completely wears off, then clears his throat. " Are you alright? Do you feel sane at the moment? Mortals often are prone to fits of incredible idiocy. "

Hope strains in protest. "Of course I'm not alright, being manhandled like this, and what do you mean by 'Do you feel sane at the moment?'. Of course I'm sane but the question is, are you sane."

Samm
2010-08-05, 01:44 AM
Horst knocks an arrow on his bow and aims it at Hope. With a little smirk, he says, "Yeah, Eldarion's a little paranoid, but you're acting funny. Eldarion should know this place back to front, and he doesn't think there's a lever... So, how about you stay put until Eldarion's sure we're okay?"

Sarom
2010-08-05, 02:42 AM
Horst knocks an arrow on his bow and aims it at Hope. With a little smirk, he says, "Yeah, Eldarion's a little paranoid, but you're acting funny. Eldarion should know this place back to front, and he doesn't think there's a lever... So, how about you stay put until Eldarion's sure we're okay?"

She growls but complies, staying as put on the floor.
"Meddling with you people was the worst I choice I ever made yet"

Cadian 9th
2010-08-05, 02:50 AM
Eldarion

" Hmm... Please, hold still while I cast this spell on you. " Eldarion says, releasing Hope.

" I'm casting a spell of detect evil on her... Though I have no way of verifying her validity. For all we know, the Mind Flayer we hunt has charmed her. What do you think? " Eldarion says in Elven to the others. He then repeats it in Draconic to Criteas.

He draws upon his celestial nature and seeks evil in all its forms. Stepping back from Hope as he does so. His brow furrows with concentration as he dreads the outcome...

Using my Detect Evil Spell Like ability. Releasing Hope while I use it.

Sarom
2010-08-05, 02:58 AM
Eldarion

" Hmm... Please, hold still while I cast this spell on you. " Eldarion says, releasing Hope.

" I'm casting a spell of detect evil on her... Though I have no way of verifying her validity. For all we know, the Mind Flayer we hunt has charmed her. What do you think? " Eldarion says in Elven to the others.

He draws upon his celestial nature and seeks evil in all its forms. Stepping back from Hope as he does so. His brow furrows with concentration as he dreads the outcome...

Using my Detect Evil Spell Like ability. Releasing Hope while I use it.

Eldarion detects no evil within Hope at all with his spell. Not only that, but he detects no evil within the fort recently or present.

Hope just watches Eldarion as he casts his magic. She raises an eyebrow when he finished but does no more, still wary of Horst's bow.

jumpywinghim
2010-08-05, 04:46 AM
Critias can no longer keep up a passive appearance. With worry showing clearly on his face, Critias votes for mercy, as he always does.

"Let's be reasonable now, Eldarion. I've known you long enough to not doubt your judgement. But Hope hasn't. Is it really so out of place for her to be doubting your words?"

He looks at the trapped figure of Hope.

"Still. What you say is valid. Even without anything solid to go on..."

"So. If we have any methods at our disposal of checking her state of mind, then let's do it. But please...let's not harm her any furthur without the right reasons, hmm?"

Cadian 9th
2010-08-05, 06:32 PM
Eldarion

" Gar - I'm afraid that Hope is under the influence of another, and we are in grave danger. " He says in Draconic.

" What about you Horst, what do you think? I am afraid, yet I defer to your judgment. " He says in elven to Horst.

Drawing back, he motions to Hope that he is done and smiles lightly.

@Samm: :smallsmile:

Sarom
2010-08-05, 09:28 PM
Eldarion

" Gar - I'm afraid that Hope is under the influence of another, and we are in grave danger. " He says in Draconic.

" What about you Horst, what do you think? I am afraid, yet I defer to your judgment. " He says in elven to Horst.

Drawing back, he motions to Hope that he is done and smiles lightly.

@Samm: :smallsmile:

Hope shifts a bit, still wary of Horst's bow. "Do I get to move now? This position is a bit tiring at the moment"

Samm
2010-08-06, 01:48 AM
Horst

"Yeah allright", Horst lowers his bow, "Look, why don't we just keep an eye on her, and be prepared if it all goes pear-shaped. Anyway, let's get moving again."

jumpywinghim
2010-08-06, 07:21 AM
Critias nods. He looks to Eldarion.

"Well. How shall we go about this then? Eldarion, if you can suffer the demolition of a single door, could you blast the locked door away? It will speed things up considerably. But if you would prefer to keep everything intact...then I guess checking the second floor's rooms would be our next course of action."

He takes a glance at Hope, with slight pity on his face.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-07, 02:50 AM
Eldarion

He laughs a little. " Starfire. " he says, with an outstretched palm. A bolt of incredible fire speeds and smashes into the door.

Casting Kelgore's Fire bolt. Hits for [roll0] damage.

Cast Bull's Strength
Attack roll [roll1] for [roll2]

He then Speaks another word, growing with power, and then rushes at the door with his eldritch blade, slicing into it with finesse and incredible strength. He motions for the others to finish off the door.

Samm
2010-08-07, 09:21 PM
Horst

"Finally..." Horst slams his greatsword into the door as hard as he can.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Wait, Dante, how are you doing 2d6 damage?

Cadian 9th
2010-08-07, 09:30 PM
Eldarion

" Congratulations, a brilliant strike Horst. Criteas, I forsee the door will be rent asunder by your blow. Smite the door! " Eldarion says.

Fighting defensively against a door. :smallbiggrin:

Deadly defence gives me +d6 damage when I take at least a -2 penalty to attack rolls with CEx or fighting defensively. It's like variable power attack almost, cept it boosts AC as well. I had +2 since I charged, so I rolled it into fighting defensively. That makes sense, eh?

How is your damage so high? I am as strong as you. Lolwut.

jumpywinghim
2010-08-07, 11:15 PM
Using his brute strength, Critias strikes the door with all his might using his fist of stone.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage (according to Dante) [roll1]

Sarom
2010-08-08, 03:26 AM
With your combined might you smash at the door, opening a large hole in it. From the looks of it the hole is large enough for one medium sized humaniod to easily walk through.

Samm
2010-08-08, 04:35 AM
Horst

"Well that worked a charm... Critias climb through."

Dante Only:
I said Dante Only: Okay Honestly, Dante only:
And by Dante Only, I actually mean Dante only: I have an issue with Eldarion as a character. He appears to be a male version of a Mary Sue (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue). Pay specific attention to the Idealised Character section and the Centre of Attention section.

jumpywinghim
2010-08-08, 06:26 AM
Critias nods.

"We already checked around the door for traps right? Well, let's hope we didn't miss anything. Let's go."

Critias steps through the opening in the door and steps aside for the others to go through. He looks up the stairway.

"Up there is the study. Hmm...the area beyond the stairs may be trapped. Let's be careful."

He heads up.

Sarom
2010-08-08, 07:04 AM
You all move up the stairs and come across another door. This one seems normal with only a lock on it. Hope overtakes everyone and looks for traps. Finding none on your current side she attempts to open the lock, succeeding.

jumpywinghim
2010-08-08, 07:26 AM
With his equivalent of an eyebrow raised, Critias observes Hope's quick actions. As Hope unlocks the door, Critias talks to Eldarion, once he's within earshot.

"Well Eldarion, if you would please check the door for the magical variety of traps. Hope has said that there are apparently no physical traps."

He knows full well that Eldarion knows about every single snare in the course, but simply conferring with him about them would take out the whole purpose of the course.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-09, 04:40 AM
Eldarion

" I'm out of spells for the day, as far as that kind of thing goes. Hope, can't you find magical traps? " He says, raising his blade into a two handed grip. He's reluctant to admit the fact, that, despite being a walking amusement park, he is actually out of tricks. No pocket clock or endless hankerchief, How sorry I am. One would think I am a cheap conjurer.

Sarom
2010-08-09, 04:48 AM
Eldarion

" I'm out of spells for the day, as far as that kind of thing goes. Hope, can't you find magical traps? " He says, raising his blade into a two handed grip. He's reluctant to admit the fact, that, despite being a walking amusement park, he is actually out of tricks. No pocket clock or endless hankerchief, How sorry I am. One would think I am a cheap conjurer.

Hope frowns. "I can try...". Hope spends many minutes, looking around the door on your side. After several minutes she stretches her back in dismay, an obvious sign that she didn't find anything.

"Nothing as far as I know. So...who wants to be the guinea pig?"

Samm
2010-08-09, 05:46 AM
Horst

After climbing up the stairs, Horst raises his bow again and knocks an arrow. "C'mon Critias, you're supposed to be the tough guy. If anything icky happens, expect arrows to come from behind." , Horst smirks.

Horst readies an attack, if badies appear: [roll0] for [roll1] +2 if target is human.

Also, Wingers, Hope can detect magical traps. It says here on page 50 of the Player's Handbook:
Trapfinding: Rogues (and only rogues) can use the Search skill to locate traps when the task has a Difficulty Class higher than 20. Finding a nonmagical trap has a DC of at least 20, or higher if it is
well hidden. Finding a magic trap has a DC of 25 + the level of the
spell used to create it. Rogues (and only rogues) can use the Disable Device skill to disarm magic traps. A magic trap generally has a DC of 25 + the level
of the spell used to create it. A rogue who beats a trap’s DC by 10 or more
with a Disable Device check can study a
trap, figure out how it works, and bypass it (with her party) without disarming it.

jumpywinghim
2010-08-09, 06:20 AM
"Right. Icky." Critias says.

"Here we go then."

Critias draws his sword and takes up his sheild. Using his shield hand, he opens the door and, bracing himself, steps through...

Dramatic music for the build-up! Annnddd...
Sarom, your call now. :smalleek:

Sarom
2010-08-09, 06:28 AM
"Right. Icky." Critias says.

"Here we go then."

Critias draws his sword and takes up his sheild. Using his shield hand, he opens the door and, bracing himself, steps through...

Dramatic music for the build-up! Annnddd...
Sarom, your call now. :smalleek:

Critias opens up to... abosolutely nothing dangerous. All you see is a door in front of you a few feet. It is obviously the door to the bedroom which is connected to the study.

jumpywinghim
2010-08-10, 01:33 AM
"Well that was...very fortunately anticlimactic." Critias comments, with a small sigh of relief.

He makes way for the others to go through as well, as he takes a long look at the door. He then turns to Hope.

"Well, I'm sure you know what to do by now. If you would please do so..."

Sarom
2010-08-10, 04:13 AM
Hope goes to the door and looks for traps. She examines the door over and over, takes out her tools and starts doing something. After a minute she growls in frustration.

"Well there is a magical spell on this door, but I can't disable it."

Samm
2010-08-10, 04:48 AM
Horst

"We're out of spells and there's something magical on the door. Lets open it. I'll cover you."

Horst draws his bow and readies a shot against the enemies that may lurk within. "Like I said, expect arrows to come from behind."

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] +2 if human and +1 for within 30ft.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-10, 04:53 AM
Eldarion

" Hold, I possibly can identify this arcane obstacle. Allow me a measure of patience. " he says, inspecting the door.

Spellcraft [roll0] against a max DC of 17.

EDIT: Add 2 if it's a Divination spell.

Samm
2010-08-10, 04:56 AM
Horst

"Fine with me, the more we know the better." Horst still holds the bow drawn, his muscles straining against the force of the bow.

Sarom
2010-08-10, 05:22 AM
Eldarion

" Hold, I possibly can identify this arcane obstacle. Allow me a measure of patience. " he says, inspecting the door.

Spellcraft [roll0] against a max DC of 17.

EDIT: Add 2 if it's a Divination spell.

Eldarion discovers not a magical trap but a spell. The spell, called "Darkness", casts a shadow over an area that would make things difficult to see in.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-10, 06:07 PM
Dante discovers that the trap triggers when the door opens, unleashing a darkness that would make it almost impossible to see through.

Is that description done right? I wasn't sure how to answer that check XD

I want to be sure that you haven't made a mistake so far before acting.

First of all, I am unable to make "darkness" traps. That is a high level spell, contigency or a metamagic.
Second of all, I am trying to identify the spell cast on the door. It is a standard skill n the PHB. I didn't say so since I thought I'd get an annoyed "zzz yes I know".
Third of all, My character is named Eldarion not Dante. :smallbiggrin:
Fourth of all: Is it my own spell?

Sarom
2010-08-12, 05:06 AM
I want to be sure that you haven't made a mistake so far before acting.

First of all, I am unable to make "darkness" traps. That is a high level spell, contigency or a metamagic.
Second of all, I am trying to identify the spell cast on the door. It is a standard skill n the PHB. I didn't say so since I thought I'd get an annoyed "zzz yes I know".
Third of all, My character is named Eldarion not Dante. :smallbiggrin:
Fourth of all: Is it my own spell?

:smallbiggrin:XD ahh crap lol. Well the word "darkness" was just a similarity so you can just ignore it. So from what you said, you can just tell what the actual spell is 100% all bits of info on it with that roll?

Cadian 9th
2010-08-15, 06:59 PM
Eldarion

The Wizard frowns. His findings are troubling.

" If we cross this portal, an arcane darkness will envelop this area, for an inconviniently persistent length of time... I can attempt to counterspell it but we must be ready for an attack. "

jumpywinghim
2010-08-17, 04:18 AM
"Will Darkvision still help? Or will we be stumbling around blindly after the darkness closes around us?"

Critias would definately prefer to have use of his sight should any attack occur.

"Well, I suppose I'm as ready as I'll ever be..."

He tests the weight of his sword and readies his shield.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-17, 04:38 AM
Eldarion

" No, none of us shall be with vision. I may be able to counter the spell, yet failure will be rather hampering. " He says.

Samm
2010-08-18, 05:43 AM
Horst

Horst turns to Eldarion, "I'm wondering if we could trigger it falsely. Say we throw a dagger across the portal or something, while we stand a safe distance back. Would it work?"

Cadian 9th
2010-08-18, 06:57 PM
Eldarion

" As you might say. 'Its not that simple.' " He says. " Even if we trigger it and leave it, the effect lasts for quite a long time, in fact, one half of an hour. " He finishes with a sigh.

Samm
2010-08-19, 02:58 AM
Horst

"Well, it's frustrating, but it's better than just diving in there. But will it work? We can just wait for it to dissipate. If anything comes out of there, we can stand a safe distance back and just fight it off."

jumpywinghim
2010-08-20, 02:36 AM
"I must agree with Horst. We're prepared for the worst. Half an hour is not all that much a wait, if we don't feel like risking going through. Let's do what Horst suggested. Who's got a throwing dagger?"

Critias stands near the back of the room and draws his bow, nocking an arrow onto the string, preparing to fire at any enemy that may emerge from the door.

Near the back of the room means at the fourth square away from the door. I hope we all still have our maps?

Cadian 9th
2010-08-20, 04:29 AM
Eldarion

" I agree. I will attempt to counterspell the darkness, now. Stay Vigilant. Hope? " He says, going to the door. The wizard raises his posture and looks to the heavens as darkness surrounds him, before bursting into bright daylight - then both dark and light cancel out, and the wizard simply kneels, motionless.

Actually, nope. Its automatic, I forgot. I've already discovered the spell. So I expend a use of my Daylight Spell like ability.

And sorry Sarom for describing the thing, I want to RP something.

Samm
2010-08-20, 05:00 AM
Horst

Horst stands next to Critias, he knocks an arrow and draws back his bowstring. Shaking in anticipation, he waits for anything to come out of the door.

Readied Attack, against anything funny that may come out of the door: [roll0] +1 if within 30ft.
Damage: [roll1] +5 if within 30ft, and a further +2 if human.

Sarom
2010-08-21, 12:46 AM
Upon casting his spell, a shadow of darkness appears from the door, which is negated by Eldarion's spell.

Simultaneously, six medium sized monstrous scorpions spawn around the room.
One spawns in front of the door, another between the two staircases and two scorpions on either side of the room.

Map:
{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_
1||||||Sc 6|||
2|Sc 5|||||||||Sc 3
3|Sc 4||||C||E|||Sc 2
4||||||Hr|Ho
6||||Stair||Sc 1||Stair
[/table]

As the scorpions spawn, Horst lets loose his arrow which bounces of the scorpion's hide.

Roll Ini

(this is kinda screwed up now, since wingers wanted me to make the map accurate XD lol.)

Sarom
2010-08-21, 12:56 AM
DM Only:

AND THAT DOES MEAN DM ONLY:

Scorpion 1: [roll0]
Scorpion 2: [roll1]
Scorpion 3: [roll2]
Scorpion 4: [roll3]
Scorpion 5: [roll4]
Scorpion 6: [roll5]

Samm
2010-08-21, 02:07 AM
Horst

"Bloody scorpions, not again...." Horst turns and fires two arrows into the nearest scorpion, he then takes a 5ft step backwards to between Critias and Eldarion.

Initiative: [roll0]

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Cadian 9th
2010-08-23, 06:09 PM
Eldarion

The Wizard staggers slightly then rises back up. He then glows brightly, creating daylight for his companions. " More foes. Horst, cover Criteas. I will help as much as I can. " Eldarion says, twirling his staff.

Initiative

I only have some combat spells remaining.

Bah. Knowledge: the Planes [roll]1d20+16 For info. I know that scorpions have a +0 ini mod, so I guess I go first.

jumpywinghim
2010-08-24, 01:33 AM
Critias afforded Eldarion only a glance when he knelt down silently, what with the sudden appearance of the scorpions. As sees him stagger, he looks at Eldarion with concern. He also notices Eldarion's less than confident words.

"Eldarion, what ails you my friend? You were well only a minute ago." he says, preparing for battle with his sword and shield, replacing his longbow.

"Their instantaneous appearance was certainly unexpected...so much for me shooting."

Initiative - [roll0]

Sarom
2010-08-25, 06:25 AM
(Okey Dokey, putting up the order now. Btw Samm, next time just leave attacks for when your turn comes. I know it speeds things up but you may want to change plans in relation to how things are going.)

Round 1:
Order:
1 : Eldarion
2 : Critias
3 : Scorpion 1
4 : Scorpion 2
5 : Hope
6 : Horst
7 : Scorpion 6
8 : Scorpion 3
9 : Scorpion 4
10: Scorpion 5

(New map per round)

Cadian 9th
2010-08-25, 06:28 PM
Eldarion

The Wizard opens up with his crossbow, opening a page from his spellbook and reading out an arcane spell... He points his blade at a scorpion and speaks a single word " Infernius! "

Okay, so KFB 3d6.

Know devotion; vs flat footed opponenets.
Attacking Scorpio 2. I know there's one behind us but I think the melee'rs can dael with it.
[roll0] vs FF Touch AC, dealing [roll1] fire damage.

SR Overcome: [roll2]
Kelgore's FB still deals [roll3] if the SR roll is insufficient.

Sarom
2010-08-26, 03:20 AM
Eldarion's spell hits the scorpion, killing it instantly.

(Critias's turn)

jumpywinghim
2010-08-26, 03:49 AM
Critias springs into action as Eldarion makes his kill. He quickly moves up to a scorpion (4), performs a fast but mighty slash, then, just as quickly as he approached, went back to his normal position.

Spring attack in play.
Attack - [roll0]
Dmg - [roll1]

Sarom
2010-08-26, 06:34 AM
Critias kills the scorpion in one blow. One scorpion (1) moves up and attacks Hope and hits her in a soft spot near her waist and suprising her. The Scorpion takes the advantage and grabs her and crushing her between its pincers.

(Hope takes 14dmg)

In retaliation she tries to attack back hitting the scorpion on its tail with her dagger.

(Scorpion takes 4dmg)

Horst attacks the scorpion missing with the second shot but hitting true on the first. The scorpion still stands.

One scorpion (6) seeing its dead comrade attacks eldarion, missing with its attack.

Scorpion (3) charges at Hope, hitting her from the side and grabbing her, putting her unconcious.

(Hope takes another 10 dmg)

Scorpion (5) charges Critias, landing a hit. It grapples Critias in its grasp, dealing further injury. (Critias takes 8dmg) (make the Opposed grapple checks I believe it was on your turn.)

Map:

{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_
1|||||||||
2|||||||Sc 6||||
3|||||Sc 5 / C|Hr|E|||
4|||||||Ho (U) / Sc 3
6||||Stair|||Sc 1|Stair
[/table]

New Order:
Round 2:
1 : Eldarion
2 : Critias
3 : Scorpion 1
4 : Horst
5 : Scorpion 6
6 : Scorpion 3
7: Scorpion 5

Sarom
2010-08-26, 07:05 AM
Scorpion's opposed grapple check:
(don't look)

[roll0]

(Also guys, if you can write down your hp after each round it would make life easier for me. Thanks =) )

Cadian 9th
2010-08-26, 06:09 PM
Eldarion

" Horst, cover me, I'll try and revive hope! " Eldarion says, fiercely shouting an arcane word. A scorching ray smashes into the scorpion who attacked Hope!

5ft step back to F4. I cast Scorching ray (Std) from a scroll, ranged touch atack against Scorpion 3 - [roll0] for [roll1] fire damage.

The scorpions grappling cannot AOO me since they do not threaten any squares while grappling. Actually, maybe they do, so I will roll a defensive check anyway:

[roll2] vs DC 17;

And If I am dealt damage then I will need another concentration check.
[roll3] vs DC variable.

I also use my MOVE action to take out my crossbow.

EDIT: Some good rolls there, but I am running out of nukes scrolls.

HP: 24

Sarom
2010-08-26, 07:39 PM
Eldarion's spell hits the scorpion, burning it and killing it.

jumpywinghim
2010-08-27, 10:59 PM
As the razor sharp pincers stab into him, Critias grimaces with the pain.

"Unhand...ME!" he roars, slamming his stone fist into the scorpion.

Unarmed, nonlethal strike with a fist of stone. Heh, nonlethal, yeah...

Opposed grapple check for the attack -

EDIT: Dmg roll - [roll]1d3+8

jumpywinghim
2010-08-27, 11:01 PM
Adding rolls through edits dont work, that's dumb...

Dmg roll - [roll0]

Sarom
2010-08-28, 02:09 AM
(You still need to roll an attack roll to hit, but I'll let it slide sinec you'll have to roll a 1 to miss it. =). )

Critias shakes the scropion off then deals a heavy blow on it. It still stands but barely.

The Scorpion (1), seeing it's prey down decides to finish it off and have some chow afterwards. It attacks Hope with great fury, eager to turn her into food.
The scorion stings it's target whilst crushing it with its claw.

(Hope takes 9 damage as well as a -3 to con. Thus she is out of this training exercise and at the end of the exercise, she'll become concious with 1hp).

Samm
2010-08-28, 06:59 AM
Horst

"Dammit, we've got one person down. Gonna have to step into overdrive..."

Horst steps backward, between Eldarion and Critias and looses two arrows into the scorpion next to Hope.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

If this attack kills the Scorpion, with 17 piercing magic damge, then have me target the next attack at the scorpion scuffling with Critias. I've got Precise shot, so I wont take a penalty.

Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Also, how does Critias get such a large bonus to his attacks, +12? Does it have something to do with Fists of Stone?

Cadian 9th
2010-08-28, 07:15 PM
Eldarion

" Nice shot, Horst. Your aim is as true as Neyliar, Queen of the Mithranda. " Eldarion says.

He aims is crossbow as it makes a sound like a sonic ripple, sending silvery missles into the remaining scorpions - wearing them down so his companions can take them down more easily.

Good news, Knowdevotion applies to MMissle. Win.

Okay, pickin the closest NOT DEAD scorpions. If there are is only one alive, hit it with both missles, otherwise both.

Missle 1 [roll0]
Missle 2 [roll1]

And I will then move, but I want to see the results first.

@Samm
Base attack bonus +4 Strength base 20 + fists of stone 6 = +8 strength mod.

Grapple +12. :smallbiggrin:

Sarom
2010-08-28, 10:49 PM
Not to mention that they both lose dex to AC, so basically instant hit no matter what unless critias rolls a 1 lol.

Horst's first arrow hits the scorpion in the head and killing it, he then attacks the scorpion engaged with Critias and kills it too.

The last scorpion attacks Eldarion, hitting him once with its right claw. It fails to grapple onto its target. (Eldarion takes 3 dmg, yes apply dr, forgot what it was though).

Eldarion unleashes his magic missiles on the scorpion, killing it.

jumpywinghim
2010-08-30, 05:36 AM
Critias sheaths his sword and puts away his shield. He relaxes.

"Well, that's that. Bit too real for my liking. For one thing...HOPE!!." he exclaims, as he notices Hope unconcious on the floor. Too engaged in combat with his opponents, he failed to notice when Hope first collapsed. He rushes to her side now.

Picking her up gently, he turns to his friends.

"Only unconcious...What shall we do with her? She cannot continue. I suppose I will carry her for the remainder of the course, we have only to progress into the study now, which is right in front of us, over there."

He starts off for the study, Hope slung over his shoulder.

Sarom
2010-08-30, 06:35 AM
(To speed things up I'll post)

You all enter the study to find Furion, perching on top of Eldarion's study desk. Furion re-establishes his connection with Eldarion overwhelming him with happiness and worry for Hope.

He then sends an image to Eldarion showing him seomthing Furion saw during the training. The image sent shows two rugged men held prisoner by eight skeletal fighters heading east, past the keep only about ten minutes ago. The SPO insigna is clearly shown on the shoulders of the two prisoners.

Okey Dokey, training area finished and 3k exp for it

Samm
2010-08-30, 06:35 AM
Horst

Horst lowers his bow and runs over to Hope, as Critias picks her up and moves off to the study he yells at him, obviously annoyed, "Critias, we've got to tend to her injuries! You can't just walk off with her like that! Put her back on the ground, and one of us is going to try to stop the bleeding."

Horst looks to Eldarion, "Can you do that?"

Okay... Wingers, she's on negative hitpoints. I know she's going to recover, the DM said, but that's OOC knowledge, not IC knowledge; you have to keep them separate. Otherwise it just looks rather strange.

Also, Does Eldarion have any Healing powers? And if need be, what's everyone's heal check modifier? Mine's +2.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-30, 05:40 PM
Eldarion

The wizard staggers slightly and regains his composure, allowing Furion to swoop back to his shoulder. Missed you, Furion. He says.

" I'll see what I can do. " He says to the others, pressing his hands to Hope's wounds to staunch the wounds. Glowing with divine power, his hands heal the wounds on the surface and stabilize her.

Using my Cure minor wounds spell like ability, 1/3 per day. I have 2 uses left.

Guys remember standing nearby to me gets you +1 on saves.

Samm
2010-08-30, 11:56 PM
Horst

Horst sighs, he sits down against the wall,"Brilliant... Now what do we do? We've reached the study. We've still got that mind-flayer to kill and Hope's in no real shape to do anything."

A thought flashes through Horst's mind, "Scorpions sting... Is she poisoned?"

Sarom
2010-09-01, 06:23 PM
Eldarion

The wizard staggers slightly and regains his composure, allowing Furion to swoop back to his shoulder. Missed you, Furion. He says.

" I'll see what I can do. " He says to the others, pressing his hands to Hope's wounds to staunch the wounds. Glowing with divine power, his hands heal the wounds on the surface and stabilize her.

Using my Cure minor wounds spell like ability, 1/3 per day. I have 2 uses left.

Guys remember standing nearby to me gets you +1 on saves.

Your spells manage to stablising her. Nothing else occurs except for the easy breathing of Hope resting.

(also, she isn't poisoned. I made it that if you get killed or knocked unconcious in the training exercise, you'll come back (reincarnation woo lol) with 1hp but unconcious after the exercise. so no poison. Just 1hp and unconcious. ALso your current hp is what you had at the end of the exercise)

Cadian 9th
2010-09-01, 06:46 PM
Eldarion

" I've done what I can for her. We should continue now, I have new information to process. " He says, as Furion screeches a little welcome.

jumpywinghim
2010-09-01, 09:42 PM
Looking at Hope, Critias is relieved that she is well. He reflects back on what transpired, with the result being that he remembers his injuries. Wincing slightly, he pulls up a seat and sits down, dragging another one forward and offering it to Horst.

"Alright, well...that was...fun." he says. "I suppose if we want to continue with Hope, we'll have to get her healthy again. If we don't have what's required here, then we'll have to go back to the city, I suppose. But first..."

Critias licks his lips and pats his stomach.
"We haven't eaten since morning. And that exercise took a lot out of us. I propose we eat!"

He of course refers more to Horst, since Eldarion does not require food.

Samm
2010-09-02, 12:45 AM
Horst

"Yeah... that reminds me, I'll have to run down and feed Rex."

Horst runs down and finds Rex in his room. He takes out some of the rations and runs back up with Rex following him. He opens his sachet of trail rations and hands some to his wolf and eats some himself.

While eating Horst asks, "What new information? Share it with us, I'd rather know of this."

Cadian 9th
2010-09-02, 04:04 AM
Eldarion

" Indeed. Furion has seen, therefore I, 2 persons of captured look, guarded and watched by 10 dead of the legion foul. What should we do? " He says.

" I can prepare a spell allowing us to travel by arcane mount, but it will take me 15 minutes at least. "

Samm
2010-09-02, 04:28 AM
Horst

"Less cryptic please... I want to know what I'm up against."

Cadian 9th
2010-09-02, 04:41 AM
Eldarion

He murmurs an apology. " Undead, human soldiers. 10 of them, two prisoners marked as members of the Sarfratular Peace Organisation. "

jumpywinghim
2010-09-02, 08:12 AM
Critias considers a few options, while eating his own rations.

"Well, this depends on if they seem like they'll get very far in 15 minutes. If they don't seem that way, let's take mounts. If they do, we can attempt to catch up on foot. If it's uncertain...we'll try to catch them foot anyway. We could always get the mounts summoned later, if we find out that we need them after all, couldn't we?" he says, after swallowing.

The idea of turning a blind eye does not cross his mind. However...

"What of Hope?"

Samm
2010-09-05, 03:52 AM
Horst

"No, 15 minutes is 15 minutes, postponing it will only slow us down. I say we just jog it, after Hope wakes up, if she's in good enough shape. If not, Eldarion can heal her right?" Horst looks over to Hope, "I don't really want to leave her behind..."

Also, why is Hope still knocked out? She's on positive health and you said she'd become concsious.

Sarom
2010-09-05, 05:21 AM
Horst

"No, 15 minutes is 15 minutes, postponing it will only slow us down. I say we just jog it, after Hope wakes up, if she's in good enough shape. If not, Eldarion can heal her right?" Horst looks over to Hope, "I don't really want to leave her behind..."

Also, why is Hope still knocked out? She's on positive health and you said she'd become concsious.

? I did? I thought I said that after training exercise unconcious or dead players would come with positive hp and become UNconcious.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-06, 01:08 AM
Eldarion

" Hope can function Independantly, should she not be able in the next few minutes. Presently, please reduce your presence to a lower level; I must focus and prepare. " He says, cracking open a heavy book. He starts reading.

Starting to prepare:
1-Arcane Mount
1-Intelligent Strike
2-Commanding Brilliance
2-Shift the Battlefield

15 minutes.

jumpywinghim
2010-09-07, 05:35 AM
Leaving the unconscious Hope with Eldarion, Critias leads Horst out of the study to confer with him about a course of action.

Horst only I guess?
"It appears Eldarion has decided on what HE will do. What about us? We can divide our forces and chase after that group ourselves, leaving Eldarion and Hope here, and hope we don't end up in trouble. We can follow Eldarion's lead and wait for 15 minutes, thus enabling us to work together, but giving the skeletons a major head start. Although, the mounts might give us a chance to make up for it..."

Samm
2010-09-07, 06:37 AM
Horst

Horst replies, "I'd rather we stuck together, Eldarion's magical assistance will help us a lot. He could've warned us though, but yeah, we should keep together. It's better for him and it's better for us."

Sarom
2010-09-07, 07:07 AM
Fifteen minutes past by and Eldarion has finished his preparation of certain spells.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-07, 05:44 PM
Eldarion

The Wizard clears his throat and looks up from his arcane writings. After completing complex gestures and tracing sigils, he's ready.

" I have accomplished the task. Have you decided on a course of action? " He says, sagely. Furion preens himself, then fixes them with a piercing look.

Samm
2010-09-08, 12:51 AM
Horst

Horst heads over to Eldarion after he finished is studying.

"Do we have mounts? And how long do they last? We may as well ride them while we can."

Cadian 9th
2010-09-08, 01:05 AM
Eldarion

" The mounts will last for 8 hours, if it matters. So we are in agreement to take action? " He says.

jumpywinghim
2010-09-08, 10:06 PM
"I know I agree." replies Critias.

"If you're ready Eldarion, and Horst, let's go outside and have us some mounts."

He goes into the study to retrieve Hope, in order to take her downstairs where she can rest more comfortably.

Samm
2010-09-09, 01:22 AM
Horst

"Okay... she might panic if we leave her, so Eldarion, maybe you can write her a note about it all... Also, how long will it take to get our mounts? Will it be quick?"

Cadian 9th
2010-09-09, 01:39 AM
Eldarion

" I am confident I can accomplish it in a few moments - thou could scribe the message while I complete the incantation. " Eldarion says, lapsing into his old style of speaking.

" Shall we go? "

jumpywinghim
2010-09-09, 02:44 AM
Noticing the beds in the study, Critias places Hope onto one of them. He then takes a chair and places it in front of her, ensuring she will see it when she opens her eyes.

"You can place the note here when you're finished, Horst." he says, indicating the chair.

Critias starts to walk briskly out of the study. However, he slows to a stop at the doorway, looking down as does so, as if thinking deeply. He just stands there, motionless and staring, with the slightest frown on his face.

Samm
2010-09-09, 04:24 AM
Horst

Horst rummages around on the desk to find a writing implement. "Yeah sure, I'll write up a note."
Search: Take 20 (23) I really hope I find a writing implement, this is a study after all.
Upon finding the writing implement he proceeds to write, "Dear Hope, We've left for a while; Eldarion in one of his visions has some undead warriors transporting some prisoners with SPO markings on them. We're going to free them. Stay here until we get back, and don't attract attention to yourself."

Cadian 9th
2010-09-09, 08:27 PM
Eldarion

" It was no supernatural solicit, Horst. Furion sighted the band. But that is irrelevant. " He says. " Any last preparations? " He says, already moving out towards the courtyard.

Bah, I hate to force people to do stuff, but come on. Samm, next time finish the post so everyone can more on. It'd be like eldarion saying "Wait, I have to check this. Wait, the spell is only half done. " Then me going offline.

Samm
2010-09-09, 09:17 PM
Horst

"Nah, I think I'm pretty much done. Critias you ready?"

Horst heads down stairs and out into the courtyard with Rex by his side.

Finish the post? What do you mean?

jumpywinghim
2010-09-10, 02:03 AM
As Horst addresses him, Critias murmurs a quiet confirmation of his readiness, and slowly follows the others. Reaching the courtyard, he still looks like he is thinking deeply about something. He just stands near his friends, head down, staring at the floor. He regularly mutters a few words, always too quiet to make out.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-10, 07:45 PM
Eldarion

The wizard strides out into the courtyard, robes drawn and hood up. He glances at Critias once or twice, with a glint in his eye. " Celerity. " He says, blue energy flaring as an arcane mount condenses from strands of eldritch power.

He flicks open a page of the Tome of Magic and reads, conjuring another 2 mounts. " It is done. We ride now. " He says, simply.

Sarom
2010-09-10, 08:22 PM
You all head out, heading west where the skeletons were headed. Tracks were found easily by Horst's eye and you all followed it seeing almost nothing but a few farmlands with families hiding in the barn holding stakes and some animals staying well away from the path the skeletons took.

After around 25 mins of constant riding, you see the skeletons not far from your position as you climb a small hill. From Horsts's calculation (since he has the good eye as a ranger =P) the group are about 80feet away.

*(Maps have been made)

Formation of group: (just to get things less confused)

{table] |A|B|C
a|S||S
b|S|P|S
c|S|P|S
d|S||S

[/table]

Map of field:

{table] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
a|||S||S
b|||S|P|S
c|||S|P|S
d|||S||S
e|
f|
g|
h|
i|
j|
k|
l|
m|
n|
o|
p|
q|
r|
t|
u|
v|||E|H|C
[/table]

Samm
2010-09-10, 11:40 PM
Horst

Horst slows up slightly, he rides next to Critias and Eldarion, "'Bout 80 feet up ahead 8 skeletons and 2 prisoners. I don't think they've seen us yet, but I can't be sure. What's the plan of attack? I'd say Critias go round the front and hold 'em up. When they stop, Eldarion can blast them or something. It'll also give me a better chance to shoot 'em."

Spot:[roll0] To see if they're moving around as if they've seen us.

Sense Motive, If appropriate: [roll1]

jumpywinghim
2010-09-11, 04:56 AM
"Um...yeah...sure..." replies Critias, in voice only marginally louder than a mutter, clearly demonstrating that he did NOT just register what Horst said. Throughout the ride, he had his head bowed, his mind off elsewhere. He stopped muttering, but still he remains almost completely unaware of his surroundings.

Sorry guys, this is for the sake of RP. It's very important RP. Please snap Critias out of it. :smallfrown:

Samm
2010-09-11, 08:05 AM
Horst

Horst looks towards Critias. He's slightly annoyed, his face is covered with an expression of contempt. He says angrily, "Hey, wake up smart guy! We're trying to figure out what we're going to about this situation up ahead of us.", pointing towards the group up in front of them.

Okay, wingers that sort of RP is just kinda annoying. It was a 25 minute ride, and you seem to be nodding off to sleep.

jumpywinghim
2010-09-12, 06:50 AM
Critias looks up, looking Horst in the eye. He shakes his own head vigorously, trying to physically dispel the thoughts that were causing him to be a hindrance to his companions.

"There is time later for contemplating this...development. Right now, my friends need me to be in the moment."

"Forgive me Horst, and Eldarion too." Critias apologises. "I...I'll need to talk to you both later. It's about something very...personally important. We can include Hope as well. Anyway, what is the plan?"

Critias looks at the distant group. He then miraculously recalls what Horst previously said.

"C..Circle around? Yes. I can do that. Prior to and during the course back in the keep, I was thinking of new tactics and moves I could use in battle. Time to test those out." Critias growls, with renewed vigor.

He takes up his sword and shield, ready for action.

Samm
2010-09-12, 06:25 PM
Horst

Horst smiles, happy to see that Critias was actually paying attention. "Brilliant, so here's what I had in mind. Eldarion will and me will run up on foot, while you try to make them stop for a while and make sure you get their attention. Then when Eldarion attacks them, with some spell, we all start fighting. Unless they start first..."

Cadian 9th
2010-09-12, 06:41 PM
Eldarion

" I'd like to inform you that I'll need a few moments after the battle to identify the arcana present here; Certainly - I can then Divine the perpatrator. " Eldarion says, executing a fast dismount and charging up his blade. The Staff of Twilight glows with blue energy, in keeping with Eldarion's eyes. " Have courage my comrades. We will crush them and return them to the death they once feared. "

He turns to the others. " My vision will guide you. " He intones. " Clairistience! "

Casting Commanding Brilliance, then Shift the Battlefield.

jumpywinghim
2010-09-13, 02:56 AM
Critias replaces his sword and shield back in their places, a little sheepishly. He grabs his mount's reins, nods to his friends, then sets off to do his part.

Riding to his assigned position, he gives the undead group a wide berth until he comes close to overtaking them. Once he gets to this point, Critias takes a more direct route, to come up in front of the skeletons and their captive men, about 40 feet in front of the left line of skeletons (Critias' left).

"Halt!" Critias shouts, "If I could have your attention for a moment. It's rather important. Let's just say it will make your un-lives much more comfortable if you hear me out right here and now."

Bluff check - [roll0]

Sarom
2010-09-13, 04:11 AM
The result is a charge from the two first skeletons waving their scimitars in the air. Both land hits but each hit is defelcted by Critias's armour.

The other skeletons move forward drawing their scimitars and keeping formation. The two SPO prisoners look at Critias, hope in their eyes.

Not sure if that's how you planned your surprise attack but meh. Roll Ini

jumpywinghim
2010-09-13, 05:49 AM
Critias swears lightly in Draconic.

"Alright, Plan B!" he roars, in Common.

Initiative - [roll0]

Samm
2010-09-13, 06:30 PM
Horst

Horst shakes his head, after dismounting, "Critias... Critias... Critias... Couldn't he have done so much better?"

He then fires an arrow at one of the skeletons.

Initiative: [roll0]

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Once they get within 30ft and I start rapid shoting them they're stuffed.

Sarom
2010-09-13, 08:31 PM
Horst's first shot flies through the air and hits the skeleton shattering it instantly.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-13, 10:07 PM
Eldarion

The Wizard glances impassively at Horst, then appreciatively as Horst cuts down a skeletal warrior.

He murmurs a word and twirls his blade. Death. Furion screeches.

Ini: [roll0]

Sarom
2010-09-14, 04:35 AM
DM only:

skele 1 ini:[roll0]
skele 2 ini:[roll1]
skele 3 ini:[roll2]
skele 4 ini:[roll3]
skele 5 ini:[roll4]
skele 6 ini:[roll5]
skele 7 ini:[roll6]

Map Round 1:

{table] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
a|||C|S7
b|||S6|
c|
d|
e|
f|
g|
h|||S5|P|S4
i|||S2|P|S3
j|||||S1
k|
l|
m|
n|
o|
p|
q|
r|
t|
u|
v|||E|H|
[/table]

Initiatives Order:

1: Skeleton 7
2: Skeleton 6
3: Skeleton 4
4: Horst
5: Skeleton 5
6: Skeleton 2
7: Skeleton 3
8: Skeleton 1
9: Eldarion
10: Critias

The two skeletons confronting Critias attacks him again, bothing of them missing. One skeleton (4), breaks from the rest of the formation to support the skeletons attacking Critias.

*Horst's turn*

Samm
2010-09-20, 01:37 AM
Horst

Horst waits for Eldarion to cast his magic. "I'll wait for you okay. See if you can give me a little boost."

Horst is delaying till after Eldarion.

Sarom
2010-09-20, 04:55 AM
The skeletons and prisoners ignore the Horst and Eldarion and each move up closer to Critias. (all moves up until they are directly behind the skele's engaging critias. they are still in formation)

Cadian 9th
2010-09-20, 06:38 PM
Eldarion

The wizard reveals he has already dismounted, drawn a weapon and his crossbow in one hand; Churning with power; his eyes glow with arcane energy and his companions are filled with energy, finding themselves out of real time. " You, Comrades, Withdraw to sanctuary! " He shouts.

Furion flies over to guide the SPO prisoners. He screeches a greeting and glows slightly; It is clear he is a famaliar.

Knowledge Devotion rolls:
Religion: [roll0]

Pre-Combat: Dismount, Draw Crossbow, Use blade;
Full round action: Shifting the battlefield: Critias and Horst get a bonus standard action.

Knowing about them:
Religion: [roll1]
Spellcraft: [roll2] identify the spells/spell cast on the skeletons.

Free: Shout.

jumpywinghim
2010-09-20, 07:02 PM
As Eldarion shifts the battlefield, Critias takes the chance to try and strike down the two skeletons closest to him (Steel Wind).

Attack S6 - [roll0]
Attack S7 - [roll1]

Dmg S6 - [roll2]
Dmg S7 - [roll3]

As time resumes its regular course, Critias shifts into a newly developed Absolute Steel Stance (+10ft speed, +2 AC) and makes a run for it, attempting to reach his friends.

I'm using my move action, and using my standard action to move too.

This is where I intend to be:

{table] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
a||||S7
b|||S6|
c|||S5|P|S4
d|||S2|P|S3
e|||||S1
f|
g|
h|
i|
j|
k|
l|
m|
n|
o|
p|
q||C
r|
t|
u|
v|||E|H|
[/table]

"That was alarming, but I'm here now. Let's defeat them together!" Critias roars.

Samm
2010-09-21, 06:08 AM
Horst

Slightly annoyed by the fact that the skeletons are not moving towards him and Eldarion as he expected, Horst says, "Dammit, they're moving towards Critias. Gonna have to close in on them.". As Eldarion casts shift the battlefield, Horst moves forward 30ft. He then advances 30ft again, ever-ready to fire his bow. When he closes in on the skeletons he fires his bow at the nearest one.

Okay, moved 60ft using a double move action. This was using Eldarion's granted standard action and my first move action. Horst then fires his bow. His position should be iD. You should put numbers on that table...

This is using a magical weapon, for the purposes of applying DR.

Sarom
2010-09-21, 09:04 PM
Eldarion discovers that the skeletons are of standard type, summoned by the simpliest of necromancy spells 'raise dead'.

The prisoners acknowledge the position of their saviours and they both make an attempt to move. One skeleton sees this movement and cuts down the closest prisoner (SK 1 kills most south prisoner). The other prisoner stops in his tracks, scared.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-22, 06:56 PM
Eldarion

" No! Comrade, shift away. " He shouts. " These Deathly warriors are weak and no challenge to us; We will cut them down with no resistance. Make haste. We may be able to save the dying one... " He says, to Horst and Critias.

WHAT THE HELL.

WHAT.

Why the hell are they so stupid? Can't they just withdraw? Nooooo They've got to be complete idiots and just run?

Sarom, placate me now or I'll be seriously annoyed.

jumpywinghim
2010-09-22, 07:22 PM
"NO!!!" Critias roars, as he watches a prisoner mercilessly being cut down.

He replies to Eldarion, "Yes, we must save the remaining one!"

His jaws fill with flame from his anger.

Sarom
2010-09-22, 11:11 PM
Horst fires on the closest skeleton, hitting and killing it (cloasest one was SK1)

Critias engages the two closest skeleton's and destroys them before retreating to Horst and Eldarion. The two skeletons guarding the prisoner attempts to attack Critias as he passes by, who both miss.

Three of the surviving skeletons creates a wall whilst the last one forces the prisoner further away.

MAP round 2:

{table] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
1||||P|S4
2|
3|
4|
5|
6|
7|
8|||S2|S5|S3
9|
10|
11|
12|
13|
14|
15||||H
16|
17|
18|
19|
20|
21|
22||C
23|
24|
25|
26|
27|||E
[/table]

Order:

1:Skeleton 4
2:Horst
3:Skeleton 5
4:Skeleton 2
5:Skeleton 3
6:Eldarion
7:Critias

*Horst's turn I believe then Eldarion and Critias then follow the Initiative order.*

Samm
2010-09-23, 12:12 AM
Horst

Horst shocked by the current turn of events yells, "What?! How can this guy be so stupid!?"

He steps forward thinking, "These skeletons or who ever is controlling them doesn't value the prisoner's lives, obviously...".

He then shoots two arrows at the nearest two skeletons.

Attack:[roll0]
Attack:[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Rapid Shot! Yeah! Wait I forgot to include the point blank bonus on attack. So add +1 to my attack rolls.

Sarom
2010-09-23, 01:15 AM
Your shots kill the two skeletons, leaving one alive. (They are all near so just to make things easier you kill the left and right guy)

Cadian 9th
2010-09-23, 07:40 PM
Eldarion

The Wizard keeps the enchantment in play; Both Critias and Horst feel new energy surge in as time slows down around them. He then steps foward.

5ft step foward;

Sarom: Both Critias and Horst act simultaneously; So Critias's next turn is resolved irespective of what horst does with his standard action.

The reason I say this is since Samm will not post until a bit later but will go for a shot at the skeleton near the prisoner; Critias will take out the one closer. Okay?

1: Eldarion acts, granting actions:
2: Horst (Post will come later) Shoots;
3: Critias moves, then moves an attacks on his turn
4: Skeletons turn if they survive.

jumpywinghim
2010-09-23, 07:54 PM
As time morphs around him, Critias takes the chance to advance to the nearest skeleton (moving to B14). He then confronts it after time shifts back (move to D9) and aims to crush it under a massive blow (Mountain Hammer, +2d6 dmg, overcome DR and hardness).

"Turn to dust!" he roars.

Attack - [roll0]
Dmg - [roll1]+[roll2]+5

CRITIAS SMASH!

Sarom
2010-09-23, 09:03 PM
Critias kills the skeleton with ease.

(will wait for Horst's post before I do anything else)

Samm
2010-09-24, 07:19 AM
Horst

Horst looses one arrow at the remaining skeleton, taking care to hit.

Sarom
2010-09-26, 12:27 AM
Horst kills the last skeleton with ease. The prisoner collapses into a slight fit, scared at how close to death he was and the death of his companion.

Samm
2010-09-26, 05:35 AM
Horst

"That was easy for a change..." Horst runs over to the downed person. He grabs the person by the wrist and checks for a pulse, to see if he's alive.

Heal: [roll0]

Sarom
2010-09-26, 06:38 PM
You find no pulse or signs of life. You figure that the person died quickly after being cut down.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-26, 07:30 PM
Eldarion

The Wizard bows his head. " You there; Come with us, we will protect you. " He says, ending his spells.

Super charisma roll [roll0]

Sarom
2010-09-26, 08:47 PM
(The roll wasn't necessary but hey lol)

The surviving prisoner nods and follows you all slowly, weak and tired.

Samm
2010-09-26, 09:14 PM
Horst

Horst frowns, "The other man, I think we lost him."

Cadian 9th
2010-09-27, 03:46 AM
Eldarion

" A tragedy; though we must move on. Before we do, I must conduct some arcane research. Please, a few moments... " He says, hands glowing as he touches a fallen skeleton. " Actually, Horst, what do you make of these? Where'd they come from? "

Spellcraft Check: What level Caster? Anyspells present on them? Are there traces of aother spells cast one them (Such as in the same room)
[roll0];

Know Arcana: Is this someone's magic I recognize? Someone from a guild or such?
[roll1]

Know: Religion: Is this the work of a cleric? Is it the work of a wizard? Can I recognise a style of enchantment? Who uses these?
[roll2]

Knowledge: Local: Has this happened before? Is it a common event? Do the skeletons match any locals?
[roll3]

Search [roll4] the skeleton; Look at it's gear, how old is it?
Knowledge History:
[roll5]

Samm, hit it with the tracking!

Sarom
2010-09-27, 05:21 AM
From your observations the caster is of a weak beginner (lvl 1). You do not regconise the work of this caster but you do know that it's the work of a wizard trained to use and only use necromancy.

The gear the skeleton's carry are in pretty bad condition, they are relatively old but common in the human army when the war between the many races started.

From what you saw whilst pursueing the skeletons you assume that this isn't a common event and has probably never occured before. The skeleton's you can tell are raised from dead human bones. How old, you don't know.

jumpywinghim
2010-09-28, 07:37 AM
As Eldarion and Horst go about their tasks, Critias finds himself remembering his...situation.

He approaches Eldarion and waits for him to finish his research. When he does, he informs him all about the Call of Bahamut, and his decision to take up the duty. He asks for Eldarions assistance in the ritual.

"Horst should be told about this, too." Critias says.

He goes to tell Horst when he is free.

I apologise if my actions seems a little out of place, Im a bit tired. Anyway, please continue posting until the ritual concludes, then we can pause and I can post my pre-set up post once I come back. Well...Id appreciate it if you did so, but if there are other plans...

Samm
2010-09-28, 06:14 PM
Horst

Horst looks at the skeletons to see if there are any tracks on the ground. "Let's try to find some tracks..." Rex is involved as well, sniffing around to help find the tracks.

Survival: [roll0]
Rex's Aid another (tracking with scent): [roll1] If this result is above 10, add 2 to my above check. This is to find the tracks. I'd like you to describe them to me. After I find them, I'll ask the others if we want to follow them.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-28, 07:46 PM
Eldarion

" What kind of terrain have they come from, where've they been? Tis' a question I enquire. " He says.

When Critias approaches, he listens with characteristic concentration. " I will assist you as I can in this ritual; However, will you remain with us? Your duty will be to Bahumut as mine is to Ioun; I wish to know if such a thing will cause conflict in our interests. "

What do I know about the Ritual of Rebirth? OOC, everything, but IC?

Arcana: [roll0]
Religion: [roll1]
History: [roll2]

Sarom, are you sure you've got this right? Animate Dead is a 4th level wizard spell. It doesn't kick in till 9th level.

Also, I'll roll some more to get the answers I want:
[roll3] history; what is the general bone structure of these skeletons, is it similar to contemporary humans or is it predating the arival of the main human force in safratular?

Are there any traces of magic on them apart from the animation spell? Such as a common magic room? Was the spell cast from a scroll or wand?
spellcraft [roll4]

Are the skeletons similar to locals, have any graves recently been desecrated, are there any abandoned battlefields around here where many died? Etc.
[roll5] local.

Was it arcane or divine? [roll6] religion; [roll7] spellcraft;

Now, onto the cosmology: Who's the god of death (Defaults to Nerull)? [roll8] religion. Who's the god of arcane magic/death (defaults to Wee Jas) [roll9] religion.

After this I think'll comune with Ioun. She might lend me a book from the library. The great library. :smallbiggrin:

Sarom
2010-09-30, 02:13 AM
Horst finds a trail of overlapping tracks, obviuosly made by the skeletons. This track comes from the East. The bunch seem cordinated enough to stay in a formation as you saw during the battle and they seem pretty light as well. You cannot tell since when the skeletons were raised but you discover small peices of dirt, grass and wet sand along the feet of the skeletons. You can tell that they traversed many areas of the land.

Yes Dante a in the PHB a you need to be lvl 9 to cast raise undead spells but this isn't the case. I konw what I'm doing. Also I don't know anything and I don't know what I should be providing in this case. If in any case Critias should be the one answering about the ritual process.

You cannot tell what humans these skeletons were raised from and you detect no other magic on them either. From your exploration of the this area whilst pursueing the skeletons it is obvious that there are none or little battles and deaths in this area.

You discover however that the skeletons were raised of human bodies that probably predated back to the end of the Sarfratular war. All of the dead skeletons have a faint touch arcane magic on them, obviusly the soruce of which they were created.

They were all created at once in a room designed for raising the dead and were raise recently from your observations. You have no clue what the room may be like.

You do know however that it was spellcraft but by what means you don't know.

With the Gods we'll go to default.

Samm
2010-09-30, 05:24 AM
Horst

Horst examines the tracks. He then looks up at Eldarion, "Well, it looks like they were headed west, and came from the east. Should we follow the tracks to figure out where they came from? We could ask the prisoner. They looked like they travelled for quite some time, across a number of different terrain types. Beaches maybe, from the wet sand... Uh... probably a plains environment as well... They looked fairly well coordinated, as we saw in the battle, but I can't tell much more."

Cadian 9th
2010-10-02, 02:49 AM
I need Definitive answers. Please elaborate. Answer each question, please. Every single check there reveals a lot of information, but for some reason I don't get to know anything. Is this because you don't understand the question or because you don't know the answers?

The ritual I know everything about, confirmed now. OOC knowledge should not be confused with IC knowledge.

Sarom
2010-10-02, 06:23 AM
Whilst you were all making observations, the surviving prisoner was walking around in circles still frightened by being captured by skeletons. From the looks of it, he seems insane.

He does however listen to what eldarion says. the result is more shivering.

"I should report back to the SPO of this. They'll know what to do with necromancy."

Cadian 9th
2010-10-07, 07:41 PM
Eldarion

The wizard spends several minutes in observation, occasionally casting a minor cantrip and glancing at the prisoner. Trusting Critias to question the prisoner he works to uncover some of the mystery... Writing notes in a journal, he sketches the armour and conducts research, referencing with his travel books and grimoires.

" Horst, Critias, Sir. " He says, adding the prisoner in as an afterthought. " I have grave news; I hope to colerate my findings with Horst after I have deliberated this to you all. " He pauses.

" Each undead warrior here was raised at the same point in time, given an irrelevant margin of error less a couple of minutes. Each was raised by the same practioner, a necromancer of novice level. Each was raised in a prepared room where spellcasting is a purpose for a room as much as a bedroom for a house and a mess hall for a common soldiers barracks. " He pauses again, taking a moment to let the information sink in.

" These findings I have wrought indicate a conclusion: This be not only organised, but well so; This be the handiwork of a master, and apprentices. A simple deduction is that there is a dwelling, stronghold perhaps, where an order of arcanists cooperates; A master who instructs the novice, a novice who performs a specialized role - like a scout in the army - leading me to concede that an entity is active in using other, lesser beings to accomplish a goal, working in concert with others for conspiracy most fell. " He stops, then adds, " An Entity I believe to show enmity and ill-will towards the Safratular Peace Organisation, the towns and dwellings, amongst all trappings of the innocent society - and that Entity can not only strike against the subject of his ire, but also has done so, on mulitple occasions; A direct challenger to the peace and goodness of this world. " He finishes.

After the Prisoners/Critias' response:
With a nod, he turns to Horst. " What of your research, Horst? Your prescience is something I cannot accomplish; your talent reveals far more than mere study and magic. Reveal, if you please, your findings. " He asks.

May be edited more.

Wordy as hell, but hey. Sarom, just Edit your post above to show the prisoner's actions... and his reaction to this one.

Samm
2010-10-09, 10:41 PM
Horst

Horst nods, he speaks mainly towards the former prisoner. "Well. There are a number of things that stand out. Your company of skeletons seems to have traveled for quite some time. I'm not sure about how fast they were going, but they did travel over, what I think to be a beach, a plains environment, and maybe a path... You came from the east, if that helps." Then as an afterthought he adds. "Can you tell me if what I'm saying is right? And do you know where you were captured? May I check your shoes?"

If the prisoner says yes, Horst will check the prisoner's shoes and his tracks. See the OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9523803&postcount=923) for the rolls.

Sarom
2010-10-10, 10:29 PM
The prisoner whose clothing is in very poor condition complies by taking his shoes off and handing them over to you. As you inspect the shoes he answers each of your questions

“I am not sure where the skeletons have been travelling as I have not travelled anywhere in those possible places with those damned skeletons. In a sense you are right about the skeletons coming from the east but you are wrong that I also came from the east.”

He points to the west, where you just came from. “My friend and I were captured on the west road from cross road city. We were making our way to make a quick delivery to the elves. A gift or something from Tharivol. We don’t know of its contents but we were told to make haste. After a few days of travelling we were attacked by the skeletons during the night and what I believe to be, a wizard. Anyhow, this wizard had already take our gear away so we had no weapons to fight with. We tried to fight with just fists but the group dispatched us easily and the wizard took the package. The wizard teleported away with some scroll and the skeletons took us as prisoners. For the next week we were pushed east; crossing fields, plains and a river which you can probably tell from our semi wet clothing. Then we bumped into you.”

After that he stays silent, probably still frightened about his companion’s death.

During the talk all you found on his near worn out boots were fresh grass, probably from the fields and farmlands, with the occasional dirt and mud. From just that you can tell that he crossed a river, some plains like the one you're standing on and possibly went through a forest.

“Thank you by the way for saving me; it was a pity my friend died though. The name is Garoth. My friend’s name was Peter.”

Cadian 9th
2010-10-11, 12:29 AM
Eldarion

The wizard nods, and further conceals his face beneath a sable cloak. " Thank you; I apologise for your loss. Whom is this Tharivol? " He asks.

Furion travels high in the air, on the lookout for anything. Eldarion's long blade is still shining blue.

Spot for furion [roll0]

Sarom
2010-10-11, 02:57 AM
"Hmm? Foreigners hmm? Tharivol is part of the SPO. One of the high council members of the organisation. MY superior by far. He doesn't socialise much but from what I know he's an elven wizard.

Rumours go that he's going to betray the humans but that's probably a lie. I'm told that Tharivol is a real good person. More obesses in destroying evil rather than avenging his people.

I can't give a physical description of him or any of his doings or such. I'm only a small scout in the organisation."

Whilst he talks Furion spots only a few villagers over the hill, some wildlife straying away from the battlefield and nothign else. To Furion the villagers don't seem to be a threat.

Samm
2010-10-12, 12:32 AM
Horst

Horst thinks for a few moments. "That's quite a journey. So, I suppose you can have these back." Horst hands over the shoes. "Okay. So, you came from Cross Roads City? You were given a package - what did it look like?"

Cadian 9th
2010-10-12, 12:43 AM
Eldarion

" Indeed. I will be suprised if it is magical in nature. " He says, making a note of all that has transpired in his mind. He neglects to write since he feels it would discomfort the survivor, Garoth.

Sarom
2010-10-12, 01:47 AM
Horst

Horst thinks for a few moments. "That's quite a journey. So, I suppose you can have these back." Horst hands over the shoes. "Okay. So, you came from Cross Roads City? You were given a package - what did it look like?"

"Just a small box the size of my hand." He sits on the ground.

jumpywinghim
2010-10-12, 05:02 AM
EldarionWhen Critias approaches, he listens with characteristic concentration. " I will assist you as I can in this ritual; However, will you remain with us? Your duty will be to Bahumut as mine is to Ioun; I wish to know if such a thing will cause conflict in our interests. "
Critias ponders for a moment.
"I will believe that Bahamut will see it fit to allow me to continue after the Mindflayer as my first task under his wing. The Mindflayer is a serious threat, and will end up affecting dragonkind if left unchecked."

Eldarion" Horst, Critias, Sir. " He says, adding the prisoner in as an afterthought. " I have grave news; I hope to colerate my findings with Horst after I have deliberated this to you all. "
<insert findings here>

After Eldarion's report, Critias only has a few choice words.
A challenger to peace and goodness? Well then...we'll just have to meet the challange."

"Just a small box the size of my hand." He sits on the ground.
Critias remains standing.
"Anything unique about the box's appearance? Colours, pictures, symbols...anything?" he inquires.

Sarom
2010-10-12, 05:12 AM
"Colours? huh? Oh right, sorry my head is on other things right now. It was justa brown small box. Nothing else on it as far as I remember."

Samm
2010-10-13, 01:36 AM
Horst

"Small brown-box, the size of your hand. Hmm... Well, that's not very helpful."

Horst thinks for a moment, "Necromancers, killing SPO patrols. May just be the mind-flayer..."

jumpywinghim
2010-10-13, 07:58 PM
Critias finds that he has no more to contribute, so he lapses back into his deep thought, although he's still paying enough attention to start listening once someone speaks. Though he has mostly decided, he still can't help but have second thoughts.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-14, 07:25 PM
Eldarion

" Indeed. However, if I was able to convey to you an mirage arcana of it, could you cognitively process and confirm it is the object? "

Sarom
2010-10-14, 08:00 PM
"Huh? What on earth do you mean? My education wasn’t that great when in training..."

Cadian 9th
2010-10-14, 08:05 PM
Eldarion

" Apologies. I mean, if I could show you a magical picture of the box, would you be able to recognize it? " Eldarion asks.

Sarom
2010-10-14, 08:18 PM
Eldarion

" Apologies. I mean, if I could show you a magical picture of the box, would you be able to recognize it? " Eldarion asks.

"Err, umm. Don't you have to know what it looks like to make a magical picture? That's a guess and to your question... maybe."

Cadian 9th
2010-10-14, 08:22 PM
Eldarion

" Good. Sir, if you would return with us. I'd like to research this for you, and the SPO. " eldarion says, smiling.

Sarom
2010-10-14, 10:40 PM
"Umm... Alright then. Let's go." He starts to make his way to the closest city. (SSW)

Samm
2010-10-15, 01:04 AM
Horst

Horst steps out in front of the party, he says, "Uh... where are we going? Cross roads city? Should we be back tracking the tracks while they're still fresh? I want to know what happened. We could find out where the skeletons came from."

jumpywinghim
2010-10-17, 10:11 PM
Critias' concern for others kicks in.

"I guess the footprints are worth a look. But is our ex-prisoner here fit to travel more than is needed?" Critias says, indicating the weak, frightened man (who is doing a poor job RPing being weak and frightened :smalltongue:).

"We could split up, but with this mostly unknown danger around, I strongly object to it."

Cadian 9th
2010-10-19, 07:09 PM
Eldarion

" Splitting up is foolish. First, we must ensure our comrade here is alright, removing ailments, then we must resolve this route. Furion can conduct recon duty. " He says.

Did we get XP?

Samm
2010-10-19, 11:31 PM
Horst

"So we're going to follow the tracks, after we've made sure the prisoner is okay? Well, I'm not particularly good at that." Horst looks at Garoth, "Garoth, are you okay?"

Sarom
2010-10-19, 11:51 PM
Garoth sniffes, impatient to get going. "Although we was held captive by the skeletons they didn't push us till we were dead. Sure we marched a lot but we had breaks in between for an hour or two for sleeping and a meal break once per day. I believe I'm fit enough to walk. I believe that from where we are it's only a days walk from here to Cross Road City."

He motions to his pocket which has a slight bulge in it. Garoth pulls out two days worth of rations.

"What I do lack is some water and we unfortunately didn't have anything to drink until we crossed the river west of here."

EXP: 150

Cadian 9th
2010-10-20, 12:59 AM
Eldarion

" That will not be a problem. We are mounted, you see. " He says.

" I would also like to see if you are magically ok. Would you let me do that, Garoth? " Eldarion questions.

Sarom
2010-10-20, 01:36 AM
Eldarion

" That will not be a problem. We are mounted, you see. " He says.

" I would also like to see if you are magically ok. Would you let me do that, Garoth? " Eldarion questions.

"Err sure, I don't see why not." He stands, waiting for you to cast your magic.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-25, 05:18 PM
Eldarion

Eldarion reaches out with positive energy to touch Goroth.

If he's undead it should hurt him. Otherwise, it's Cure minor wounds.

Sarom
2010-10-25, 07:10 PM
You heal Garoth, mending the few bruises and small cuts on him. He notices this and touches the area where his wounds once existed.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-25, 07:16 PM
Eldarion

The Wizard looks a bit indigant, but continues with his work. He casts a detect magic spell on Garoth. " I entreat you to stand immobile, Garoth. " Eldarion says.

Furion's scouting.

Sarom
2010-10-26, 06:35 AM
You pick up no traces of any spells casted on Garoth, recent or not, except for traces of your healing spell. "Err, entreat?" He gives a perplexed look but with his understanding of the word 'Immobile' he stands still.

As you probe Garoth for the spells, Furion spots a person to the north similiar to that of a human male riding on a horse with a very large unorganised caravan, with bits and pieces sticking out in a way that makes Furion wonder how they don't fall off, trailing behind. The Man continues to ride south obviously heading your way.

Furion sends what he's gathered to his master and continues scouting. Seeing nothing else he returns.

Samm
2010-10-27, 12:08 AM
Horst

Horst, annoyed at Garoth's inability to comprehend the word "entreat" says, "Look, just stand still while he works his magic. Okay?"

jumpywinghim
2010-10-27, 12:31 AM
A trivial matter like a man's lack of a good vocabulary is not enough to break through Critias' thoughts. He remains silent, waiting for Eldarion to be done with his work.

Sarom
2010-10-27, 01:11 AM
Horst

Horst, annoyed at Garoth's inability to comprehend the word "entreat" says, "Look, just stand still while he works his magic. Okay?"

"I already am." He let's out a sad look.

With Furion's sharp eye, he can still see the caravan moving south. Gathering what he has observed he gives the estimation that the caravan is now 180 feet away. He notifies his master.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-28, 06:44 PM
Eldarion

" Done. " He says, curious. Turning to his comrades, he says in Elven and Draconic, " A caravan is coming this way, drawn by a male horse rider. It's bereft of any organized methods of storage, so I wonder in what haste the Caravan was prepared. " He says.

Samm
2010-10-29, 01:58 AM
Horst

Horst replies, in Elvish. "Do you want to check it out? It's coming towards us, so we probably should get ready very soon. And we probably should tell the prisoner what we're doing."

Sarom
2010-10-29, 02:39 AM
Horst

Horst replies, in Elvish. "Do you want to check it out? It's coming towards us, so we probably should get ready very soon. And we probably should tell the prisoner what we're doing."

Garoth gives a little cough then pretends he didn't hear what you said. Obviously he understood what you were saying.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-29, 03:35 AM
Eldarion

" Garoth, for one who cannot comprehend advanced Common I find it extraordinary that you understand Elven. Where'd you learn the language of the elves? You are native to Safratular, no? " Eldarion says, harshly.

Sarom
2010-10-29, 04:03 AM
Eldarion

" Garoth, for one who cannot comprehend advanced Common I find it extraordinary that you understand Elven. Where'd you learn the language of the elves? You are native to Safratular, no? " Eldarion says, harshly.

He jumps in surprise wondering how you all might have noticed. "Haha I'm one of the few people who can speak languages either than common. It's one of the reasons why I managed to get into the SPO organisation.

Yes I am a native but an elf was kind enough to teach me elven when I was a child. I only know elven and common. Surprisingly I was better at the elven language than common, which is a bummer since I'm human and live in a human society."

Samm
2010-10-29, 09:53 PM
Horst

Horst says in an assertive tone, "Bloody hell, let's do something. I think Critias, you stand between us and the caravan and order him to halt or something. I'll hide try to hide in the undergrowth or something. Eldarion and the prisoner can support you. If things go sour, I'll make him pay." He's quite rushed, and annoyed that everyone's bantering while a caravan containing a potential threat is closing in on them.

Guys, there's a caravan approaching. You're standing there talking. Let's do something, and be prepared.

Horst looks around for a place to hide, that'll afford him a decent vantage point of his surroundings.

Sarom
2010-10-29, 11:06 PM
Horst

Horst says in an assertive tone, "Bloody hell, let's do something. I think Critias, you stand between us and the caravan and order him to halt or something. I'll hide try to hide in the undergrowth or something. Eldarion and the prisoner can support you. If things go sour, I'll make him pay." He's quite rushed, and annoyed that everyone's bantering while a caravan containing a potential threat is closing in on them.

Guys, there's a caravan approaching. You're standing there talking. Let's do something, and be prepared.

Horst looks around for a place to hide, that'll afford him a decent vantage point of his surroundings.

xD

You find a slight hill that has penty of large rocks and some waist height grass, giving you a place to hide and a good place to see plenty.

Meanwhile, the caravan is moving closer towards the group. (It's about 150ft away)

Cadian 9th
2010-10-30, 03:31 AM
He jumps in surprise wondering how you all might have noticed. "Haha I'm one of the few people who can speak languages either than common. It's one of the reasons why I managed to get into the SPO organisation.

Yes I am a native but an elf was kind enough to teach me elven when I was a child. I only know elven and common. Surprisingly I was better at the elven language than common, which is a bummer since I'm human and live in a human society."

Eldarion

" We'll talk pertaining this at a later time. " Eldarion says, frowning. Such an elf wouldn't have such practised elvish, much less be able to teach a human that language. Elf/Human relations have been shaky at best, he thinks.

Drawing his crossbow, Eldarion sighs as he laments not preparing more spells. " I am not able to provide my usual support, comrades, so the Melee will be the place for me. " He says, drawing the Staff of Twilight in its blade form. He glances at Garoth before practicing his experienced martial maneuvers.

This guy could be a peace envoy between the humans and elves, and he's just some scout. How did he even learn such good elvish if he didn't have a friendly and cooperative teacher?

Knowledge time!
Elves, relations, Elf-Human relations.
That'd be, what:
Local [roll0]
History [roll1]

Sarom
2010-10-30, 03:49 AM
Eldarion

" We'll talk pertaining this at a later time. " Eldarion says, frowning. Such an elf wouldn't have such practised elvish, much less be able to teach a human that language. Elf/Human relations have been shaky at best, he thinks.

Drawing his crossbow, Eldarion sighs as he laments not preparing more spells. " I am not able to provide my usual support, comrades, so the Melee will be the place for me. " He says, drawing the Staff of Twilight in its blade form. He glances at Garoth before practicing his experienced martial maneuvers.

This guy could be a peace envoy between the humans and elves, and he's just some scout. How did he even learn such good elvish if he didn't have a friendly and cooperative teacher?

Knowledge time!
Elves, relations, Elf-Human relations.
That'd be, what:
Local [roll0]
History [roll1]

You learn nothing new about elf-human relations. You already know that as a race, the humans and elves despise eachother ever since the start of the war and end. Tensions stayed the same even with the birth of the SPO.

You discover little of the elves past as well. You know that they were one of the first races to inhabit the land of Sarfratular. How long ago was the first settlement you don't know nor what happened in the time frame between the start of the war with the humans and the elves arrival onto this land.

The caravan still approaches (130ft away). By now you all can assume he would have seen you but the man continues to travel at a steady pace.

Samm
2010-10-30, 05:44 PM
Horst

Horst obviously rushed, runs up the slight hill, and hides in the long grass. "Why are they just standing around?" He mutters to himself.

Horst attempts to hide himself the best he can, while at the same time, being able to see the others. He readies his bow.

Hide: [roll0]

jumpywinghim
2010-10-31, 09:02 PM
Following Horst's tactic, I'm allowed to stand around. :smalltongue:

BEFORE Horst goes to hide, Critias says to him:
"So I stand there and stop the man. Aside from 'Halt!', what do I say to him? I could appear to assume that he is a merchant and request to look at his wares. Do you have any other ideas?"

Critias says this loud enough for Eldarion to hear, in case he has suggestions.

"The man better not decide to show instant aggression. I don't want to have to be peeled off the ground after being run over." he adds, as a rare stab at humour.

Sarom
2010-10-31, 11:43 PM
By now the caravan is far but not far enough. (About 100ft away this time) The man driving the caravan raises his hand and gives a wave.

Samm
2010-10-31, 11:56 PM
Horst

Horst replies to Critias, before running off into the grass, "Ask him what he's doing or something. I don't know, improvise, but don't point out that I'm there."

jumpywinghim
2010-11-01, 05:49 AM
By now the caravan is far but not far enough. (About 100ft away this time) The man driving the caravan raises his hand and gives a wave.
From a position directly in front of the caravan, Critias waves back.

"Greetings!" Critias shouts to the man.

"Sir, are you, perchance, a merchant?"

Just have him answer me if you don't have anything else in mind. I'm gonna have an across-the-field shouting conversation with him :smalltongue:.

Sarom
2010-11-02, 01:35 AM
The man replies back. "Welcome lad, I am th' shaddy wander'n merchant. Welcome to my exquisite goods. Browse at your leisure." (I suck at imitating a dwarf, 70ft away).

jumpywinghim
2010-11-02, 03:48 AM
"Thank you kind sir, I shall, upon your reaching me!" Critias answers.

He turns to Eldarion.

"I hope you know what you're doing, having your weapons out." Critias says to him quietly.

"I'm not good with the talking. You can chat with the guy while I browse his wares. Unless you have a better idea...?"

Waiting for the dwarf to reach me and for Eldarion to respond. Shouting conversation ends here. :smalltongue:

Cadian 9th
2010-11-02, 04:42 PM
Eldarion

The wizard smiles from under his hood, changing his stance to be instead leaning upon his weapon rather than wielding it. He nods to his comrades and makes his way towards the caravan, with Critias by his side.

Dwarves: Existence?
[roll0] (Lore)
[roll1] (Local)
[roll2] (History)

Spot for Furion
[roll3]

Samm
2010-11-03, 01:49 AM
Horst

Horst stays quiet. He doesn't want to attract attention to himself. He thinks to himself, "Right... so this guy has his weapons drawn... I'd better be ready to act. We could have a situation on our hands..."

Spot: For any accomplices to the dwarf in the caravan: [roll0] add +2 to that roll, if looking for humans.

Horst will also look for any concealed weapons on the dwarf.

Spot:[roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-11-04, 06:44 PM
Eldarion

" Mhm. " Eldarion says. " Go on. I'll join you. "

Sarom
2010-11-05, 04:37 PM
Horst:

You see no concealed weapons nor anyone in the caravan. There are no one riding beside the dwarf either. He is alone. You notice that the dwarf seems pretty tall, around the height of an average human, and several sacks in the caravan stacked on eachother.

Eldarion:

The dwarves were considered the second race to have settled on the lands of Sarfratular. Short but strong these dwarves prefer to live in the mountains and underground where they can sleep on their treasures of jewels. These dwarves has drakes, in a sense dragons, on their side for who knows how long. They have a lust for these gems and jewels. It is known that their greed of gems brought the dwarves in the first place to Sarfratular.

Rumours tell that the dwarves found a special type of gem lying beneath the surface of the lands which led to what seems to be the discovery of an extinct race, more than a ten-thousand years ago.

In the past the dwarves and the drakes have raged war on the elves several time for supremecy over Sarfratular and no one knows the true reason as to why. Some say that the dwarves want to mine the lands dry. Some say that the elves didn't want dwarves anywhere on the lands of Sarfratular at all.

No-one still has a clue how the dwarves arrived on Sarfratular nor do many know when they arrived. Most people know however that the dwarves and the drakes settled on Sarfratular a century, maybe earlier or later, after the arrival of the elves.

The dwarves were most affected by the defeat in the great war. Several mines were taken or destroyed. Many were abandoned and possibly forgotten. Relationships between the dwarves and human have not improved at all. No dwarf has been seen near a human city before.

Furion:

Furion spots nothing but the caravan. There are a few farm houses but it seems that the inhabitants have gone back to their daily work. Furion spots numerous sacks stacked on top of eachother in the caravan. He also notices that the dwarf seems to be the size of an average human.

Samm
2010-11-05, 11:36 PM
Horst

Horst stays quiet, he thinks to himself, "By himself, well that makes things a lot easier..."

Sarom
2010-11-09, 05:57 AM
You all wait for his arrival and only in a matter of minutes the dwarf and the caravan arrives at your position (Horst excepted). The dwarf is only covered in one long robe as you see, his feet and most of his physical features covered. Only his face is visible and even that is mostly covered with his large beard and moustache. Surprisingly he's the height of an average human, the size of Garoth.

The dwarf sees Garoth and they both glare eachother.
Garoth: "I think I will take off now and leave you guys be if you don't mind at all." Garoth shuffles behind both Eldarion and Critias.

The dwarf gives one last long stare then turns to Eldarion and Critias. "Hello thar lads. I am Thorgar, the wandering dwarven magical seller of Sarfratular. I have many items up for sale. Browse at your leisure." He motions to the bunch of bags in the carvan.

Cadian 9th
2010-11-09, 07:17 PM
Eldarion

" I envisage connections with you may benefit us in the future. Would you be interested? " He asks.

Samm
2010-11-09, 11:30 PM
Horst

Horst, suspicious and cynical, sits there waiting, he wants to get a better feel for the dwarf, before he reveals himself.

jumpywinghim
2010-11-10, 12:14 AM
As the dwarf offers up the chance to browse, Critias nods, with a smile. He goes over to the many bags and begins checking out the contents of each one.

My way of getting a lead: I'm searching for anything special-looking. Unless all the dwarf's wares are special-looking. Then I'm screwed :smalltongue:.

Search: [roll0]

Sarom
2010-11-10, 05:37 PM
As the dwarf offers up the chance to browse, Critias nods, with a smile. He goes over to the many bags and begins checking out the contents of each one.

My way of getting a lead: I'm searching for anything special-looking. Unless all the dwarf's wares are special-looking. Then I'm screwed :smalltongue:.

Search: [roll0]

Roll wasn't required, anyhow

You search through the whole of the Thorgar's wares, finding bags in bags in bags. However in each bag he opens up he sees random items and goods.

*Listing:*

Potion with black liquid.
A ring with an elven language written on it saying "Freedom of travel" (let's say you showed Eldarion it and he translated it).
A 2h sword decorated with blue lines, running along its lengths.
What seems to be a magical composite longbow.
Some robes that seems magical in some way.

And plenty more items. There seems to be many copies of the same items.
As you take some of the bags neard the middle of the caravan you notice bars, going from one end of the caravan to the other. Beneath the bars you see some bronze scales and some eyes staring at you. There seems to be a live animal on the bottom half of the caravan although you cannot tell since it's dark in the cage.

(OOC: I can list more later.)

Meanwhile Thorgar replies to Eldarion: "No I am not interested sir. I'm just a wandering wizard who sells his own magical goods. We might meet again but probably not a while. Wasn't there a fourth person here somewhere? I remember seeing someone here from far away. Guess he ran?"

jumpywinghim
2010-11-11, 03:13 AM
Upon seeing the scales, Critias becomes curious and interested.

"What...? This can't be...well, let's see here..." he thinks.

He shifts aside the sea of bags to allow more light to filter in from outside to the interior of the cage. He then takes a closer look (not leaning in too much though).

I don't want whatever is in there to bite my nose (?) off! :smallbiggrin:

If it turns out I can't filter in enough light or if the thing moves or something, here's a Spot check as backup.
Spot: [roll0]

Sarom
2010-11-11, 03:21 AM
Upon seeing the scales, Critias becomes curious and interested.

"What...? This can't be...well, let's see here..." he thinks.

He shifts aside the sea of bags to allow more light to filter in from outside to the interior of the cage. He then takes a closer look (not leaning in too much though).

I don't want whatever is in there to bite my nose (?) off! :smallbiggrin:

If it turns out I can't filter in enough light or if the thing moves or something, here's a Spot check as backup.
Spot: [roll0]

You shift the bags away, providing enough light to illuminate the cage. Some of the bags drop onto the ground intact.

Inside the cage you see a small red dragon, the size of Horst's wolf. The dragon is covered in bronze scales, has bronze eyes and a snout, like any other dragon. It tilts it's head and looks up at you in curiosity.

Cadian 9th
2010-11-12, 07:27 PM
Roll wasn't required, anyhow

You search through the whole of the Thorgar's wares, finding bags in bags in bags. However in each bag he opens up he sees random items and goods.

*Listing:*

Potion with black liquid.
A ring with an elven language written on it saying "Freedom of travel" (let's say you showed Eldarion it and he translated it).
A 2h sword decorated with blue lines, running along its lengths.
What seems to be a magical composite longbow.
Some robes that seems magical in some way.

And plenty more items. There seems to be many copies of the same items.
As you take some of the bags neard the middle of the caravan you notice bars, going from one end of the caravan to the other. Beneath the bars you see some red scales and some eyes staring at you. There seems to be a live animal on the bottom half of the caravan although you cannot tell since it's dark in the cage.

(OOC: I can list more later.)

Meanwhile Thorgar replies to Eldarion: "No I am not interested sir. I'm just a wandering wizard who sells his own magical goods. We might meet again but probably not a while. Wasn't there a fourth person here somewhere? I remember seeing someone here from far away. Guess he ran?"

Eldarion

The wizard raises his staff of the ground a bit, and strides over to Thorgar. " A wandering Wizard who sells his own magical goods? You don't seem to have any bodyguards. From what I've heard of wizards, they are vulnerable if surprised. "

The staff of twilight is a weapon at the moment, a halberd blade, so it doesn't look like a wizard's staff.

Sarom
2010-11-12, 08:08 PM
Eldarion

The wizard raises his staff of the ground a bit, and strides over to Thorgar. " A wandering Wizard who sells his own magical goods? You don't seem to have any bodyguards. From what I've heard of wizards, they are vulnerable if surprised. "

The staff of twilight is a weapon at the moment, a halberd blade, so it doesn't look like a wizard's staff.

"Aye, I make magical goods and sell them to passer-by's. All the items you will find in those bags are all magical. It is true that wizards are vulnerable if suprised but I have ways to escape combat. I'd prefer not to engage in combat anyways."

(Assuming that Critias is still looking around)

You find much more as you explore the goods.

Oynx crystals
some plate armour and shields
Many more potions (hp ones as well)
Som necklaces
Bags that hold bags and more bags and more bags.

Samm
2010-11-12, 10:48 PM
Horst

Horst from his position in the grass listens, he thinks to himself, "Hmm... He must be quite powerful, or at least crafty... The worst kind of enemy..."

Cadian 9th
2010-11-13, 06:41 PM
"Aye, I make magical goods and sell them to passer-by's. All the items you will find in those bags are all magical. It is true that wizards are vulnerable if suprised but I have ways to escape combat. I'd prefer not to engage in combat anyways."

Eldarion

" To be certain, whilst you might accomplish a retreat, your wares would be bereft of a guardian, no? " Eldarion says. He's standing right next to the dwarven wizard. Furion makes another scouting run.