PDA

View Full Version : Theoretical Mega-Gestalt

Lysander
2010-04-25, 10:05 PM
As a theoretical exercise, what could you do with an even more potent type of gestalt that allows you to pick three classes with each level instead of two? I mean, being a warblade and arcane/divine or arcane/psionic is an obvious choose, but what's your most ingenious combination?

Seffbasilisk
2010-04-25, 10:07 PM
Warmage/Rogue/Wilder. Just for fun. Beautiful Cha symmetry, skillmonkey, and a dice chucker's sweaty awakening.

Mongoose87
2010-04-25, 10:09 PM
Well, your most basic response is Wizard//Warblade//Factotum.

lvl 1 sharnian
2010-04-25, 10:13 PM
Sorcerer//FavoredSoul//Wilder would one I would like to play

however, Crusader//Warblade//Swordsage would be pretty cool

Zeta Kai
2010-04-25, 10:14 PM
I'd go with a Wizard//Druid//Psion. Arcane casting, divine casting, & psi-manifesting goodness, plus a familiar, a companion, & a psi-crystal. What's not to like?

sambo.
2010-04-25, 10:30 PM
sorcerer/paladin/<something else Cha based>?

Saint GoH
2010-04-25, 10:33 PM
Swordsage//Barbarian//Rogue

weeeeee sneak attack and d12 HD with Dex to Damage. And the ability to gain some STR for even more "boom boom" plus evasion/uncanny dodge and lots of combat tricks.

mikeejimbo
2010-04-25, 10:36 PM
It may not be the most powerful build, but I'd go for Wizard//Archivist//Artificer.

I think the most powerful would be Wizard//Wizard//Wizard if my DM would let me.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-04-25, 10:43 PM
Druid//PsiWar//Crusader could be pretty fun.

DaTedinator
2010-04-25, 10:44 PM
Wizard//Artificer//Factotum. The two most powerful classes, and the most fun one. Plus they synergize well, as they all benefit from high Intelligence, and your action economy is A-OK (action economy is a problem with some other builds; Wizard//Archivist//Psion may seem fun, but you can still only easily cast one or two spells per round), as Artificer can just make items that don't require actions, and Factotum can give you Standard actions.

Although, Wizard//Druid//Psion for three companions does sound like fun. Only slight action economy issues there, given you've got three minions who can all take actions too.

Faleldir
2010-04-25, 10:47 PM
My favorite gestalt combo is Unarmed Swordsage// City Brawler Barbarian, so I would just add PsyWar to that.

Mystic Muse
2010-04-25, 10:50 PM
For one person I play SW saga with this isn't a theory. he constantly DMs 50 point buy three way gestalt.

AslanCross
2010-04-25, 10:55 PM
I'd love to do Rogue//Swordsage//PsyWar.

NEO|Phyte
2010-04-25, 10:59 PM
All three ToB classes. Gogo Reshar.

Il_Vec
2010-04-25, 10:59 PM
Yes!! Finally I can make that CW Samurai// Monk // Truenamer!

sonofzeal
2010-04-25, 11:01 PM
Yes!! Finally I can make that CW Samurai// Monk // Truenamer!
Huzzah! Now you can get maximum benefit out of Int, Wis, AND Cha!

industrious
2010-04-25, 11:04 PM
Psion//Factotum//Beguiler.

Plan:

1. Find random passerby
2. Perform the equivalent of Descartes' methodological doubt on said guy.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-04-25, 11:09 PM
Well, your most basic response is Wizard//Warblade//Factotum.

I'd say either this or Wizard//Psion//Archivist, using your +yes spells and some means of DMM to buff yourself to high heaven to mimic the warblade lost in this particular combo.

Wait, why has no one gone with Bookkeeper's Bane: Ultimate Addition?

Mystic Muse
2010-04-25, 11:09 PM
Huzzah! Now you can get maximum benefit out of Int, Wis, AND Cha!

or, you know, just use Wizard Cleric and Sorceror.

Stompy
2010-04-25, 11:10 PM
Not the most optimized (by a long shot), but warlock//rogue//(sneak attack)fighter seems like fun if only to go invisible, then eldritch blast someone for a lot.

EDIT: sneak attack fighter was a better choice than ninja.

Lycanthromancer
2010-04-25, 11:17 PM
Psion//Ardent10/Anarchic Initiate10//Psychic Warrior 10.

Yes, you'll need both Int and Wis, but think of your nova potential...

Tackyhillbillu
2010-04-25, 11:24 PM
Unarmed Swordsage//Wildshape Ranger//Totemist

Kung-Fu Dinosaur, wearing badass Incarnum Armor!

Asdfth
2010-04-25, 11:31 PM
Wizard//Archivist//Psion
Yes I am casting spells like crazy both divine and arcane.
What's that you try to get a sneak up while I am preparing spells I will crush you with my mind.
Also all int base but only 2 good saves d6 HD and bad Base attack althoujgh magic and psionics cover that nicely .

Godskook
2010-04-25, 11:39 PM
Totemist//Warblade//Druid is a fun, powerful, and flavorful setup. Druid and Totemist work really well together on pretty much every level in gestalt(........and now I have a build idea for a game!), and Warblade shores up the horrible weaknesses built into the others by WotC, namely a lack of d12 HD and full BAB. 9th level maneuvers is just a side-perk by comparison.

SaintRidley
2010-04-26, 12:11 AM
Provided I can go with dual-progression PrC...

Warlock 5/Eldritch Theurge 10/Warlock 5//Warmage 5/Sorcerer 10/Warmage 5//Dread Necromancer 20

It's not a terribly overpowering combination, but its fun. 20 levels of Warlock, Warmage, and Dread Necromancer for an Uttercold Assault/Horde of the Undead style with Warlock supplements (better DR than straight Warlock, and can put spells and blast together). Invocations are useful for self-support more than anything else, and Sorcerer levels give me just a bit of utility casting.

Nothing fancy, nothing terribly great, but just kind of fun.

Ixahinon
2010-04-26, 12:19 AM
20th Morgh (Libris Mortis)//2 Fighter/13 Sorcerer/5 Abjurent Champion//20th Cleric

Boost the hell out of Charisma for a Very High DC Paralyze Touch/Spells. High AC through Abjurent Champion/Natural Armor. D12 HD (Not really worth mentioning, since HP is going to be weak, anyway).

Oh man...I'd be all over this.

crazedloon
2010-04-26, 12:19 AM
rogue//ninja//scout

so much precision damage you won't even know what to do with it :smallwink:

Mongoose87
2010-04-26, 12:25 AM
20th Morgh (Libris Mortis)//2 Fighter/13 Sorcerer/5 Abjurent Champion//20th Cleric

Boost the hell out of Charisma for a Very High DC Paralyze Touch/Spells. High AC through Abjurent Champion/Natural Armor. D12 HD (Not really worth mentioning, since HP is going to be weak, anyway).

Oh man...I'd be all over this.

Why bother with the Fighter levels?

Lycanthromancer
2010-04-26, 12:39 AM
rogue//ninja//scout

so much precision damage you won't even know what to do with it :smallwink:I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway. I mean, half of everything is immune.

Ghostwheel
2010-04-26, 12:54 AM
I just have to point out this combo: Ranger(Urban version if you are so inclined)/Favored Soul/Warmage. Skills, Saves, Salve and Blasting along with either Archery or Melee prowess. [I really like the Urban Ranger variant of this idea, as it gives considerable social skill flexibility.]

Octopus Jack
2010-04-26, 01:03 AM
Incarnate//fighter//psion

just because.

sambo.
2010-04-26, 01:18 AM
paladin/sorcerer/shadowcaster?

Eloel
2010-04-26, 01:31 AM
18 times evolved Gravetouched Ghoul//Crusader//Sorcerer

Yo dawg! We put Cha in your char so you can cast while you chop.

Ganurath
2010-04-26, 01:39 AM
Crusader 20 // Rogue 3 / Paladin of Tyranny 2 / Avenging Executioner 5 / Ghost-Faced Killer 10 // Beguiler 20

Imagine if this character wanted to kill you.

Divide by Zero
2010-04-26, 01:49 AM
Mind Flayer/something//something/Illithid Savant//Telepath. For the ultimate illithid. If it's an epic game (epic tri-gestalt, broken much?), make it an ulitharid and swap out 13 of the Telepath levels for even more ultimate-ness.

absolmorph
2010-04-26, 02:22 AM
A dwarf so dwarven he fights with his beard, is fueled by alcohol and is so durable he can breath fire.
Ranger 2/Dwarven Monk 2/Fighter 4/Deepwarden 2/Fist of the Forest 1/Drunken Master 4/Kensai 5//Dragonfire Adept 20//Something?
Are the Incarnum classes based off Con? I can't remember.

Divide by Zero
2010-04-26, 02:26 AM
A dwarf so dwarven he fights with his beard, is fueled by alcohol and is so durable he can breath fire.
Ranger 2/Dwarven Monk 2/Fighter 4/Deepwarden 2/Fist of the Forest 1/Drunken Master 4/Kensai 5//Dragonfire Adept 20//Something?

Needs moar dwarf.

absolmorph
2010-04-26, 02:28 AM
Needs moar dwarf.
I know. I don't know all the classes. How can I add more dwarf?

Lord Shplane
2010-04-26, 02:30 AM

A dorf could never be a Fist of the Forest because trees are for sissy elfs.

EDIT: Wow, I haven't posted here in so long that I still have Kings of Chaos in my sig. O.o

Divide by Zero
2010-04-26, 02:33 AM
I know. I don't know all the classes. How can I add more dwarf?

Start off with Dwarf Paragon and Stoneblessed (dwarf), and get a Belt of Dwarvenkind, using UMD to emulate any race other than dwarf. I'm sure there's more.

Oh, and Dwarven Defender, of course.

absolmorph
2010-04-26, 02:45 AM
Start off with Dwarf Paragon and Stoneblessed (dwarf), and get a Belt of Dwarvenkind, using UMD to emulate any race other than dwarf. I'm sure there's more.

This is so going into my campaign :smallcool:

PhoenixRivers
2010-04-26, 04:03 AM
Fighter (Sneak attack variant) // Ninja // Warlock

Sneak Attack/Sudden Strike/eldritch Blast/full bab, good skills, UMD synergy, invocations... what's not to love?

Eldan
2010-04-26, 04:22 AM
Hmm...

Warlock/Binder/Warblade. Take a few homebrew disciplines related to fiends and evil (there are three or four) and get the entire set of darkness powers.

Also fun: Swordsage/Factotum/Rogue, for trickyness.

paddyfool
2010-04-26, 04:26 AM

You may also want to stick in some dwarf race or other with LA (I think there's at least one out there, not counting Duergar), since LA becomes much less of a problem in Gestalt, and they might have even more dorfy abilities for the LA. Artificer might also fit on one of your three sides, since dwarves are meant to be good at building stuff.

For that matter, what would elf-themed builds on this be like?

Uber-haughty-elf: Wiz 20//Warblade 20//High LA elf subrace/Elf paragon 3/whatever other elfy stuff.

Uber-nature-elf: Wild elf Druid 20//Sorc 20//Barbarian 20

Uber-dark-elf: See uber-haughty elf, use Drow paragon.

And I shudder to think of the dragon-themed-builds you could make...

PhoenixRivers
2010-04-26, 04:38 AM
Let's see.

Human
Ghost 5 / Evolved undead x15 ///
Sorceror 19 / Tainted Scholar 1
Paladin 2 / Dread Necro 18

Woot. Cha to AC (twice with the right Sorceror/Monk feat), Cha to saves, Cha to pretty much everything you want Cha for, undead control out the wazoo, self healing... it's oooh ahhh

paddyfool
2010-04-26, 05:09 AM
How about the man who is everything:

Changeling Fac/Cham// Druid/MoMF // Archivist 20

Cast as anything, in the shape of anything, using anyone's class abilities. Not bad, no? (Pity about the lack of psionics, manoevres, and full BAB, however... can anyone flesh this out and/or do this better?).

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-26, 05:33 AM
Sorcerer//Warlock//Paladin of Tyranny/Slaughter comes to mind. Hard to kill (d10, v. high Saves), unlimited death dealing potential (Full BAB, enless blasting), and of course spells to cover any gaps/trade onto Eldritch Blast via Arcane Strike.

Of course I'd go Wizard//Druid//Warblade just because I can. Can you use Maneuvers whilst Wildshaped?

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-26, 06:01 AM
Cloistered Cleric // Monk / Psionic Fist // Paladin

The ultimate holy man. :smallcool:

Amiel
2010-04-26, 06:08 AM
No love for Erudite or Ur-Priest? :smallfrown:

For ultimate cheese, possibly Wizard//Druid//Erudite; swap out Druid for Cleric to taste.
Otherwise, you could go Chameleon/Factotum/Duskblade//Wizard/Incantatrix/IotSV//Erudite; max out Int, become god.

AslanCross
2010-04-26, 06:38 AM
A few others:

1. Paladin//Crusader//Monk
2. Barbarian//Fighter//Warblade (http://kaizenology.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/berserk.jpg)
3. Being silly: Warforged Barbarian//Psychic Warrior//Monk (http://safebooru.org//images/44/5fc56c8bf4e23d705cd4338f185ebe8430cc5e1d.jpg)
4. Rogue//Psion (Nomad)//Fighter (or if you want to be silly, the Student class from BESM). (http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=350717)

nedz
2010-04-26, 06:48 AM
Commoner//Aristocrat//Expert

I'm sure combining the first two should no be allowed.

Ernir
2010-04-26, 06:53 AM
Druid//PsyWar//Totemist (4000 claws!)
Wizard//Artificer//Factotum (I do everything ever and I do it better than you do.)
Warblade/Eternal Blade//Duskblade//Archivist (I think 4x full attack Arcane Channeling Harm or your favourite SoD makes for an OK gish.)

megabyter5
2010-04-26, 06:55 AM

TRUE DORF.

On another note, I've got a build for ya:
1st-4th level: Wizard//Druid//Generic Warrior
5th-20th level: Arcane Heirophant//Druid//Wizard

Yes, Generic Warrior isn't normally used alongside nongeneric classes, but they have no bonus feat limitations, and nothing in RAW says I can't do it. Remember to get a dinosaur for your companion familiar. For any lactose intolerant people, I have pills for that.

Ryuuk
2010-04-26, 07:10 AM
I've actually done this once (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=732), sure, the game didn't even get to the first encounter, but she was fun to make.

Valkyrie HD / Egoist / Swordsage
Valkyrie HD / Egoist / Bloodclaw Master
Valkyrie HD / Stormtalon / Bloodclaw Master
Valkyrie HD / Stormtalon / Bloodclaw Master
Valkyrie LA / Stormtalon / Swordsage
Swashbuckler / Stormtalon / Swordsage

Eldan
2010-04-26, 07:15 AM
Hmmm..

How about...

Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade//Cleric/Hammer of Moradin//Fighter/Master Thrower?

That's some really painful thrown hammers right there. Alternatively, replace the Hammer of Moradin with Stormlord.

Tao the Ninja
2010-04-26, 07:37 AM
Sneak Attack Fighter 20//Rogue 20//Ninja 10/Wizard 10

Greater Invisibility+Overland Flight+Sniper's Shot+Ranged Attack=Damage Output.Well, not really.

Il_Vec
2010-04-26, 07:57 AM
Why not?

Warblade 20 // Wizard 10 / AbjChamp5/Archmage5 // Rogue 20

D12, all good saves, Int synergy, full Sneak Attack, all the skills you'll ever need...

Also:

Barb/Frenzied Berserker // Druid/warshaper(?) // Cleric / Radiant Servant of Pelor

Self-buffing, self-healing ubercharger.

Nerdanel
2010-04-26, 08:02 AM
Perhaps something like (SRD-only):

Paragon / Phrenic / Half-Dragon // Wizard // Monk

The Paragon template really gets to shine in a situation like this where its crippling level-adjustment doesn't hose the class levels so much and there is more MAD to take advantage of the Paragon's across-the-board attribute increases.

SaintRidley
2010-04-26, 08:05 AM
Let's see.

Human
Ghost 5 / Evolved undead x15 ///
Sorceror 19 / Tainted Scholar 1
Paladin 2 / Dread Necro 18

Woot. Cha to AC (twice with the right Sorceror/Monk feat), Cha to saves, Cha to pretty much everything you want Cha for, undead control out the wazoo, self healing... it's oooh ahhh

Don't you lose out your Paladin benefits by not being LG due to having to be nongood to be a Dread Necromancer?

Not all dread necromancers are evil, although
the best of them could easily be described as evil-tolerant. No
dread necromancer can have a good alignment.

Coplantor
2010-04-26, 08:05 AM
I once played a wizard//warblade//factotum

It would've been almost the same if I played a straight wizard.
The first leves I was all like: "ZOMG LOOK A TEH MANEUVERS I GOT"
Then I was more like "I use solid fog and then cloudkill"

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-26, 08:22 AM
Don't you lose out your Paladin benefits by not being LG due to having to be nongood to be a Dread Necromancer?

Use a variant paladin, tyrany is good for debuffs...

How about Hexblade 4/Paladin Of Tirany 3/Duskblade 13//Warmage 7/Rainbow servant* 10/Incantrix 3/Dread necromancer 20
Debuff using the Shadow companion, aura of despair, enervation, and other debuffs, then proceed to rain down blasty spell OR SoD

*use the adaptation for non-good servants

Indon
2010-04-26, 09:10 AM
Druid//Monk//Totemist would be fairly ridiculous. Bear martial artist with four arms calling lightning from the sky and shooting poison from its' mouth.

Marshal//Dragon Disciple//Bard for laying down the absurd bonuses.

Rogue//Factotum//Incarnate for ridiculous skill-related diversity.

Dread Necromancer//Cleric//Wizard for having a lot of summonable undead.

SaintRidley
2010-04-26, 09:34 AM
Use a variant paladin, tyrany is good for debuffs...

How about Hexblade 4/Paladin Of Tirany 3/Duskblade 13//Warmage 7/Rainbow servant* 10/Incantrix 3/Dread necromancer 20
Debuff using the Shadow companion, aura of despair, enervation, and other debuffs, then proceed to rain down blasty spell OR SoD

*use the adaptation for non-good servants

Good point. Usually see the variant's name when it should be there, though, which threw me off.

subject42
2010-04-26, 09:42 AM

Deepstone sentinel / Totemist / Ironsoul Forgemaster / Ollum needs to go in there too.

It's a dwarf that's a dwarf that became more dwarfy through practice that knows all about dwarfs that hammers dwarfiness into his weapon while dwarfing so hard that the ground itself does what he says.

Divide by Zero
2010-04-26, 09:44 AM
Is it just me, or does "dwarf" not look like a word anymore?

AtwasAwamps
2010-04-26, 09:47 AM
Is it just me, or does "dwarf" not look like a word anymore?

It's not. It's a way of life.

Escheton
2010-04-26, 09:50 AM
morgh/dread necro 19, cleric 1/favored soul 20

just to keep it simple and avoid lichdom
unless you would become a morgh-lich, then dread necro all the way baby

subject42
2010-04-26, 09:52 AM
unless you would become a morgh-lich

How does that even work?

Divide by Zero
2010-04-26, 09:54 AM
How does that even work?

It doesn't. A ruling somewhere said you don't get the lich template if you don't qualify for it.

Lycanthromancer
2010-04-26, 09:56 AM
It doesn't. A ruling somewhere said you don't get the lich template if you don't qualify for it.Wouldn't being dread necromancer 20 auto-fill the qualifications, since taking DN 20 turns you into a lich?

Divide by Zero
2010-04-26, 09:59 AM
Wouldn't being dread necromancer 20 auto-fill the qualifications, since taking DN 20 turns you into a lich?

Qualifications, as in what is normally necessary to get the template (specifically, being humanoid).

Telonius
2010-04-26, 10:03 AM
Warforged Rogue/Dread Pirate//Ninja//Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker

A Robot-Pirate-Ninja-Viking. He'd need a level in Chuck Norris to be any more awesome.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-26, 10:17 AM
Warforged Rogue/Dread Pirate//Ninja//Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker

A Robot-Pirate-Ninja-Viking. He'd need a level in Chuck Norris to be any more awesome.

Problem is Chuck Norris only has 1 pre-requisite: Character must be Chuck Norris.

Quietus
2010-04-26, 10:30 AM
Problem is Chuck Norris only has 1 pre-requisite: Character must be Chuck Norris.

Thankfully, names have no prerequisites.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-26, 10:34 AM
Thankfully, names have no prerequisites.

If you think "Chuck Norris" is just a name, you have a lot to learn :smallwink:

Mongoose87
2010-04-26, 10:59 AM
So, how many 9s can you get with this?

Vexxation
2010-04-26, 11:00 AM

...Yeswhitetext

2xMachina
2010-04-26, 11:10 AM
Is there enough types of 9's for this?

Ernir
2010-04-26, 11:12 AM

All of them? :smalltongue:

Soranar
2010-04-26, 11:12 AM
how about this

Druid /Rogue/Barbarian

Rage+sneak attack+ full BAB + wildshape

d12 hitpoints
d8 skillpoints (access to nearly every skill considering all your classes)

all good saves,

a ton of defence feats:

evasion, uncanny dodge, trapfinding

some bonus feats

and you're SAD to boot

For really funny builds, take Vow of Poverty

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-26, 11:14 AM
Well at least tripple 9 and I am sure if we get rid of the limitation of only one prestife class and of theurge classes we can get nines in arcane, divine, psionic manifesting and possibly manoubers.

IIRC the omnicaster, was done with "normal" gestalt

Escheton
2010-04-26, 11:54 AM
yes, but the omnicaster wasnt a warlock 20 as well...

Wardog
2010-04-26, 12:41 PM
Now, if only 1st edition classes were allowed:

Dwarf/Elf/Barbarian :smallbiggrin:

Darth Stabber
2010-04-26, 12:42 PM
Incarnate//Binder//Cleric

Yorrin
2010-04-26, 01:03 PM
Hmm... the how many 9s question amuses me. I'm not good enough at this sort of thing, but how many of the following can someone fit in there?:

Arcane
Divine
Psionic
Maneuvers
Shadowcasting
Binding (only goes up to 8, obviously)

Mongoose87
2010-04-26, 01:07 PM
Hmm... the how many 9s question amuses me. I'm not good enough at this sort of thing, but how many of the following can someone fit in there?:

Arcane
Divine
Psionic
Maneuvers
Shadowcasting

Want to throw in high-level Truenaming, for the *barf*s?

Yorrin
2010-04-26, 01:11 PM
Want to throw in high-level Truenaming, for the *barf*s?

I thought about it, but truenaming is just such a lame system anyway that I figured it didn't deserve to be alongside the others.

Godskook
2010-04-26, 01:20 PM
Well at least tripple 9 and I am sure if we get rid of the limitation of only one prestife class and of theurge classes we can get nines in arcane, divine, psionic manifesting and possibly manoubers.

IIRC the omnicaster, was done with "normal" gestalt

And all the cat-girls cry out in pain as this disturbance in the force kills them all.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-26, 01:27 PM
And all the cat-girls cry out in pain as this disturbance in the force kills them all.

:smallconfused: ummm what?

Divide by Zero
2010-04-26, 01:27 PM

Isn't combining half a dozen magic systems into one pretty much the opposite of real-world physics?

Mongoose87
2010-04-26, 01:32 PM
Isn't combining half a dozen magic systems into one pretty much the opposite of real-world physics?

So, we're chain-true resurrecting catgirls?

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-26, 01:35 PM

Arcane
Divine
Psionic
Maneuvers
Shadowcasting

Stick some Eldritch Blast/Soulmelds in there and we're in business.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-26, 01:47 PM
Astral Deva Monster Levels 20//Sorcerer 15/Mage of the Arcane Order 1/Archmage 4//Wilder 15/Arch Psion 5

Full Divine, Arcane, and Psionics in one shell

Yorrin
2010-04-26, 02:14 PM
Well...

Shadowcaster 8/Ur Priest 2/Noctumancer 10|Wizard 7/Warblade 3/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10|Psion 20

Gets 9s in Arcane, Divine, Psionic, Maneuvers, and Shadowcasting, but no binding.

EDIT: You're right KB, I forgot soulmelds...

EDIT2: alternatively
Psion 8/Ur Priest 2/Cerebremancer 10|Wizard 7/Warblade 3/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10|X 20

Where X is shadowcasting, soulmelds, binding, or whatever.

Lyndworm
2010-04-26, 02:17 PM
Race: Changeling
Left: Changeling Rogue 20
Middle: Factotum 20
Right: Warblade 10/Chameleon 10

Go anywhere! Do anything! Be anyone!

Race: Human (?)
Left: Feat Rogue 20
Middle: Fighter 20
Right: Psychic Warrior 20

Feat overload!

Race: Thri-Kreen (Psionic)
Left: Duskblade 20
Middle: LA 2/RHD 2/Ranger 11/Acetokineticist 1/Cryokineticist 1/Electrokineticist 1/Pyrokineticist 1/Psychic Warrior 1
Right: Swordsage 15/Bloodclaw Master 5

Probably illegal, but can you imagine playing this?

Race: Gray Elf
Left: Archivist 20
Middle: Warlock 20
Right: Wizard 5/Master Specialist 10/Archmage 5

A little generic, but there's a reason everyone wants to play it.

Race: Multi-Headed (+3 heads) Half-Dragon (x5) Ettin
Left: LA 8/Barbarian 12
Middle: LA 20
Right: RHD 16/Fighter 4

I made a character similar to this once... It was Epic (in both senses of the word).

Race: Gravetouched Ghoul Were-Hyena Flind
Left: LA 7/RHD 3/Animal Lord 10
Middle: Ranger 10/Beast Master 10
Right: Barbarian 20

A mostly impractical build, this one's pure flavor. The very epitome of gnoll-hood, I think.

Race: Stone Boned Mineral Warrior Earth Dwarf
Left: LA 3/Dwarf Paragon 3/Stoneblessed (Dwarf) 3/Dwarven Defender 10/Fighter 1
Middle: Barbarian 20
Right: Feat Rogue 7/Fist of the Forest 3/Deepwarden 10

Beardfist Fistbeard, reporting for duty!

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-26, 02:23 PM
...Race: Thri-Kreen (Psionic)
Left: Duskblade 20
Middle: LA 2/RHD 2/Ranger 11/Acetokineticist 1/Cryokineticist 1/Electrokineticist 1/Pyrokineticist 1/Psychic Warrior 1
Right: Swordsage 15/Bloodclaw Master 5

Probably illegal, but can you imagine playing this?
This would be awesome. Omnimental whips of death :smallbiggrin:

Race: Gray Elf
Left: Archivist 20
Middle: Warlock 16/Binder 1/Hellfire Warlock 3
Right: Wizard 5/Master Specialist 10/Archmage 5

A little generic, but there's a reason everyone wants to play it....
Maybe trade some Warlock for Legendary whatever (that one that uber-fies Hellfire Blast), and there we go.

Jyokage
2010-04-26, 03:05 PM
*I was under the impression that if you receive the same ability from both classes, then you only get it once...Anyone know? I don't see it in the SRD.*

For that matter, I'd go-
Catfolk
Left:Chaos Monk 20 (My Fave)
Middle:La buy off 1, Fighter8,Bar1-Fave enemy VAR,Drunken master 10
Right:Unarmed Swordsage 20

Tons of fun, plus I could beat people with a cart for unarm + Improvised weapon bonus for a large item + I could do it with a manuever. :smalltongue:

Divide by Zero
2010-04-26, 03:18 PM
*I was under the impression that if you receive the same ability from both classes, then you only get it once...Anyone know? I don't see it in the SRD.*

I think that falls under the "things don't stack with themself" general rule. What specifically are you talking about, anyway?

Draz74
2010-04-26, 03:45 PM
Where to even start ...

My old Gestalt build, Doobee Delver the Fearless, would become a Psion 20//Factotum 20//Warblade 20. Still with Vow of Poverty.

My Warblade 20, Dragonfire Adept 20, Ardent 20, Factotum 20 party could become something incredible, like ...

Raptoran Warblade 20//Swordsage 18/Uncanny Trickster 2//Feat Rogue 2/Fighter 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 10/Uncanny Trickster 1

Human Dragonfire Adept 20//Sorcerer 5/Fatespinner 4/something 6/Archmage 5//something 7/Dragon Disciple 10/Half-Dragon Paragon 3

Whisper Gnome Factotum 20//Ranger 20//Scout 4/Psychic Warrior 2/Shadowdancer 2/Uncanny Trickster 3/Druid 9

and Azurin Ardent 10/Slayer 7/Crusader 3//Ranger 1/Psychic Warrior 10/Slayer 2/Crusader 7//Incarnate 20.

Wow, I'm just getting started ... but these builds take a long time to play around with.

EDIT: I did think the Swordsage//Totemist//Wildshape Ranger/MoMF was a particularly elegant combo.

Eldariel
2010-04-26, 03:48 PM
Factotum//StP Erudite//Warblade?

Icewraith
2010-04-26, 07:49 PM
Rogue 20 (dungeonscape half SA to crit-immune targets variant)
Psywar 20 or Kung FU Genius Monk 11/Psywar9
Warblade 20

Expanded [Tiger Claw Full Attack on Charge Maneuver] TWF Raging Mongoose Sneak Attack!

Alternatively with Flurry!
MH Attacks: 20/20/20/20/20/15/10/5
OH attacks: 20/20/20/15/10/5

The Rabbler
2010-04-26, 08:00 PM
Rogue 20 (dungeonscape half SA to crit-immune targets variant)
Psywar 20 or Kung FU Genius Monk 11/Psywar9
Warblade 20

Expanded [Tiger Claw Full Attack on Charge Maneuver] TWF Raging Mongoose Sneak Attack!

Alternatively with Flurry!
MH Attacks: 20/20/20/20/20/15/10/5
OH attacks: 20/20/20/15/10/5

throw on thri-kreen for extra rediculousness.

Icewraith
2010-04-26, 08:47 PM
Come to think of it, if you can fit in a level of exotic weapon master and get a bastard sword and three lesser sunblades, (or four bastard swords and oversize twf feat, to still fight at -2/-2, or 5 levels of Tempest to fight at -0/-0, but there goes most of expansion's usefulness) you can also power attack with all four arms at -1 BAB per +2 damage (bastard sword/waraxe is treated as 2h for purposes of power attacking at all times). Not that you need the extra damage with warblade and rogue, and the multiple weapon penalties and the size penalty, but it's always nice. Plus then you can leap attack and Shock Trooper too!

Of course, to continue to up the cheese factor, there's always Bastard Sword-Aptitude Weapon Lances and the mounted combat rules and feat chain, but now we're talking quadristalt to fit all this in. Plus leadership for something durable that flies that you can ride.

Really when you think about it, it's amazing how much effort you can put into a melee build that still can get rocked by a wiz 20 with projected image.

*.*.*.*
2010-04-26, 09:10 PM
Scout//Rogue//Ninja(or maybe spell-thief for a tad bit of casting)

BWAHAHAHAHA

PhoenixRivers
2010-04-26, 09:38 PM

Feat overload!

Feat Rogue and fighter won't stack, but the Fighter/Psywar will.

Perhaps wizard? With the class feature that trades wizard metamagic feats for fighter bonus feats?

Eldariel
2010-04-26, 09:41 PM
Hm, actually, Artificer//StP Erudite//Factotum. Not amazing in melee, but quite amazing in everything else and most importantly, total xiits.

Lyndworm
2010-04-26, 09:55 PM
(bastard sword/waraxe is treated as 2h for purposes of power attacking at all times)
Where did you read this? I'm fairly certain that it's incorrect.

Feat Rogue and fighter won't stack, but the Fighter/Psywar will.

Perhaps wizard? With the class feature that trades wizard metamagic feats for fighter bonus feats?
Why wouldn't it stack?

NEO|Phyte
2010-04-26, 10:17 PM
Why wouldn't it stack?

* Class features that two classes share (such as uncanny dodge) accrue at the rate of the faster class.

Getting fighter bonus feats is in fact the same feature between fighter and feat rogue.
Psywar stacks because it's fighter feats OR psionic feats.

HolderofSecrets
2010-04-26, 10:28 PM
Been a while since I posted here.

My Tri Gestalt would be either

Barbarian/Druid/Ninja: Because the look on your DMs face will be priceless when you Sudden Strike as an Invisible T Rex while Raging.

Or

Hexblade/Swordsage/Swashbuckler: Wisdom to armor in light armor, Charisma to saves, Intelligence to damage. I actually made a class combo of this for a high power game for a Spellwarped Catfolk. Sadly he never saw the light of day.

Lyndworm
2010-04-26, 10:34 PM
Getting fighter bonus feats is in fact the same feature between fighter and feat rogue.
Psywar stacks because it's fighter feats OR psionic feats.
If such a rule applies to a Fighter/Feat Rogue combination, than the Fighter Feat Wizard suggestion is equally invalid. I at first thought that the rule you mentioned was the basis of PhoenixRiver's assertion, but the inclusion of the Wizard as an example ruled it out (in my mind, anyway).

Escheton
2010-04-26, 11:35 PM
Tasloi cleric 20/ninja 20/ Psion (nomad) 20

you're healed, you don't know what where who or how

absolmorph
2010-04-26, 11:47 PM

Yes. YES. <3

Eldariel
2010-04-27, 12:08 AM

RAAAWR, where is your DRUNKEN MASTER?! And Kensai, to empower the Beard!

absolmorph
2010-04-27, 12:18 AM
RAAAWR, where is your DRUNKEN MASTER?! And Kensai, to empower the Beard!
Change the Barbarian levels into Drunken Master and Kensai levels.

The Rabbler
2010-04-27, 12:44 AM
Change the Barbarian levels into Drunken Master and Kensai levels.

i feel like deepstone sentinel should be added into this somehow.

FishAreWet
2010-04-27, 09:25 AM
StP Erudite 19/ Subverted Psion 1// Ardent 10/Mind Mage 10// Spellthief 1/ Wizard 3/ Knight of the Weave 1/ Bard 1/ UM 3/ Sublime Chord 1/ UM+6/Nar Demonbinder 1/ PrC Paladin 1/ SCM 3/ Tainted Scholar 1

Caster level 2076 while naked and unbuffed. Knows every spell ever as a power and has a Dominant Ideal.... Oh, and manifesting from Taint. Meaning unlimited pp which can fuel metamagic. And Tainted Scholar grants me unlimited spell slots. Which I can use to fuel metapsionics.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-27, 09:30 AM
StP Erudite 19/ Subverted Psion 1// Ardent 10/Mind Mage 10// Spellthief 1/ Wizard 3/ Knight of the Weave 1/ Bard 1/ UM 3/ Sublime Chord 1/ UM+7/Nar Demonbinder 1/ PrC Paladin 1/ Shadowcraft Mage 3

Caster level 2076 while naked and unbuffed. Knows every spell ever as a power and has a Dominant Ideal.... Oh, and manifesting from Taint. Meaning unlimited pp which can fuel metamagic.

I'm sorry what? What the how? :smalleek:

Escheton
2010-04-27, 09:32 AM
Tasloi cleric 20/ninja 20/ Psion (nomad) 20

you're healed, you don't know what where who or how

ditching ninja for factotum. You need enough actions to port in heal and port out in the same round after all.
It's 1 encounter so you can burn all IP's and sit back afterwards untill your epic dmg detector goes off.

FishAreWet
2010-04-27, 09:34 AM
I'm sorry what? What the how? :smalleek:

Master Spellthief adds spellcasting levels together. Magic Mantle makes ML transparent. Mind Mage lets me use pp to fuel spells. StP lets me cast any spell as a power.

Coplantor
2010-04-27, 09:36 AM
Master Spellthief adds spellcasting levels together. Magic Mantle makes ML transparent. Mind Mage lets me use pp to fuel spells. StP lets me cast any spell as a power.

Yes yes, but, 2076????

Escheton
2010-04-27, 09:41 AM
Does this mean that the normally 20/20 Gods in this theoretical campaign are now 20/20//20/20//20/20?

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-27, 09:43 AM
Does this mean that the normally 20/20 Gods in this theoretical campaign are now 20/20/20/20/20/20?

Gods normally have 40 class levels +20 Outsider HD, so they would be 20/40//60//60. Unless they were Vecna, or some other ascended Deity rather than a born one, then they're 40//40//40.

FishAreWet
2010-04-27, 09:50 AM
Yes yes, but, 2076????

MFK Paladin doubles it. There is a feat in Dragon Magazine which allows you to add ML and CL together for one school whose name escapes me.

Escheton
2010-04-27, 09:50 AM
well, no
because 40 implies you can take epic lvls.
Strangely (fearun) gods do no such thing.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-27, 10:08 AM
well, no
because 40 implies you can take epic lvls.
Strangely (fearun) gods do no such thing.

I'm talking about Deities & Demigods. They don't use Epic rules.

Escheton
2010-04-27, 10:14 AM
I'm talking about Deities & Demigods. They don't use Epic rules.

Still can't take more then 20lvls in a class
though besides that, the sheer awesomeness of thinking up uber-gestalts for the gods and their portfolio is stunning.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-27, 10:16 AM
Still can't take more then 20lvls in a class
though besides that, the sheer awesomeness of thinking up uber-gestalts for the gods and their portfolio is stunning.

Sorry, didn't mean they wouldn't take multiple classes, I just felt my way was easier to read.

Escheton
2010-04-27, 10:39 AM
right, yeah, totally
the tought of a wizard 40/Archivist40/Psion 40 just sorta spooked me

absolmorph
2010-04-27, 03:03 PM
right, yeah, totally
the tought of a wizard 40/Archivist40/Psion 40 just sorta spooked me
Most spells have a cap on the effect of CL or ML. They'd have as many powers and spells as Wizard 20/ Archivist 20/Psion 20, their stuff would just last longer.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-27, 03:08 PM
Most spells have a cap on the effect of CL or ML. They'd have as many powers and spells as Wizard 20/ Archivist 20/Psion 20, their stuff would just last longer.

Maw of Chaos for 40d6/round. Every round. Forever.
Persist Timeless Body and you're immune to everything. Forever.
Archivist can do whatever, maybe wander around making undead just because you can. Let them roam free and keep making more.

If the Epic Feats come into play they can just take multispell and Epic Spell Slots and Quicken the crap out o

Morth
2010-04-27, 04:38 PM
Right: Factotum 20
Middle: Doppelganger 8/Warblade 1/Cleric 1/Chameleon 10
Left: Warblade 2/Rogue 3/ Cleric 2/Wizard 3/Master of Masks 10

Ultimate Jack of All Trades

nargbop
2010-04-27, 10:03 PM
Most feats evarrrr! Fighter//Ranger//Monk

Flickerdart
2010-04-27, 10:04 PM
Most feats evarrrr! Fighter//Ranger//Monk
You call those feats? Fighter//Feat Rogue//Psychic Warrior is where the feats are at. So many feats! FOUR HUNDRED FEATS.

The Rabbler
2010-04-27, 10:09 PM
highest strength ever.

barbarian 10/warhulk 10//fighter 10/frenzied berserker 10//psywar 10/barbarian 10

expansion, greater rage, frenzy, and the best ubercharger you've ever seen.

Escheton
2010-04-28, 12:08 AM
You call those feats? Fighter//Feat Rogue//Psychic Warrior is where the feats are at. So many feats! FOUR HUNDRED FEATS.

do they make you good at sports?

absolmorph
2010-04-28, 01:05 AM
do they make you good at sports?
As long as you pick up Skill Focus: Profession (Running) and Endurance, I think they will.

Lyndworm
2010-04-28, 01:49 AM
You're a little late.

Feat overload!

Indon
2010-04-28, 08:57 AM
I thought about it, but truenaming is just such a lame system anyway that I figured it didn't deserve to be alongside the others.

I bet you could use a megagestalt to produce a truenaming build that works.

Running!

Gestalt Scout//Monk//Marshal and you'll be able to run SO FAST. Mother Nature'll be like "SLOW DOWN" and you'll kick her with your SKIRMISH LEGS!

Draz74
2010-04-28, 10:36 AM
I bet you could use a megagestalt to produce a truenaming build that works.

Obviously possible. The challenge is doing it in a way where Truenaming is actually its primary ability that it spends most of its combat actions on. Instead of something like Truenamer 20//Archivist 20//Factotum 8/Psion 12 that just ignores its Truenaming abilities and is still very powerful.

Truenamer//Factotum//Artificer might be a decent attempt. Use Artificer to be very useful out of combat, as well as to craft all the crazy custom Truespeak-boosting items you'll need. Use Factotum for extra utterances per round, as well as a very big boost to a Truespeak check once per day. Dip a level of Marshal and a level of Exemplar somewhere, probably on the Artificer side. The only real problem is the danger that blasting away with Artificer-boosted wands is still more powerful than using Utterances ...

Indon
2010-04-28, 12:59 PM
Truenamer//Factotum//Artificer might be a decent attempt. Use Artificer to be very useful out of combat, as well as to craft all the crazy custom Truespeak-boosting items you'll need. Use Factotum for extra utterances per round, as well as a very big boost to a Truespeak check once per day. Dip a level of Marshal and a level of Exemplar somewhere, probably on the Artificer side. The only real problem is the danger that blasting away with Artificer-boosted wands is still more powerful than using Utterances ...

Just take a lot of dips with the Artificer side for the purpose of skill boosting. I imagine you could find plenty enough dip levels that boost skills to make the artificer casting meh compared to successful utterances.

Draz74
2010-04-28, 01:15 PM
Just take a lot of dips with the Artificer side for the purpose of skill boosting. I imagine you could find plenty enough dip levels that boost skills to make the artificer casting meh compared to successful utterances.

Come to think of it, could this even be decent in normal Gestalt?

Truenamer 20//Factotum 11/Marshal 1/Artificer 7/Exemplar 1 or somesuch?

EDIT: or more Exemplar levels, so your incredible Truespeak skill can also be useful for Diplomancy, even once the Law of Resistance means your Utterances for the day start sucking ...

Flickerdart
2010-04-28, 01:18 PM
You're a little late.
I know, I was just contesting the build I quoted.

Now I'm wondering if that really is the best way to get the most feats. The PsYWar side could certainly be replaced with a bizarre mishmash of multiclasses.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-28, 01:56 PM
I love these combos:

Race: Insectoid Thri-Kreen (non-psi)
Classes: RHD & LA/Chaos Monk/Tattooed Monk//Unarmed Swordsage 6/Fist of the Forest 3/Initiate of Draconic Mysteries 9//Lion Barbarian 6/Acolyte of the Fist 10/Frenzied Berserker 4
You hurt people with your d% unarmed strikes

Race: Beholder
Classes: Monster 20//Monster 2/Wizard 16/Archmage 2//Archivist 10/Walker in the Waste 10
Dry Beholderlich Ultimate Theurge

Race: Star Elf
Classes: Bard 10/Evangelist 10//Merchant 20//Rogue 10/Virtuoso 10
You can out-talk polioticians, bribe your butt off, and even sweet talk greater succubi into letting you in their bed.

Altarus
2010-05-05, 05:50 AM
Race: Human
Left: Crusader 1 / Cleric 9 / Ordained Champion 3 / Ruby Knight Vindicator 7
Center: Unarmed Swordsage Variant 20
Right: Focused Specialist Immediate Magic Conjurer 3 / Master Specialist 10 / Archmage 3 / Fate Spinner 4

With this build, you can do...

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo&feature=related) and This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnVCYOUB0gY&feature=related)

So say it with me:
This hand of mine glows with an awesome POWER! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! SHINING FINGER SWORRRRRDDDD!!!

or... FALCON PUNCH!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw)

Note: This build is based of on some assumptions that may be prohibited by a sane DM in a normal game.

Disregarded Things in to make this build possible
Deity Requirements for RKV and Ordained Champion
Interpretation of Channel Spell Ability of Ordained Champion by RAW "you can channel ANY SPELL YOU KNOW into your weapon"
Gestalt Ruling of 1 Prc at a time

Things needed to make this more awesome
Action Points and the Feat "Action Surge"
Night Sticks
Some Advice

BobVosh
2010-05-05, 05:58 AM
Aristocrat//Commoner//Warrior.

Class features are for chumps.

I'd probably have fun with Bard//Sorcerer//Paladin. Good HD, amazing saves, best BAB, 6+int skills, no dump stats...wait...meh screw paladin spells. Wisdom as a dump, All classes I normally don't play. Also works much better in PF.

hewhosaysfish
2010-05-05, 06:44 AM
highest strength ever.

barbarian 10/warhulk 10//fighter 10/frenzied berserker 10//psywar 10/barbarian 10

expansion, greater rage, frenzy, and the best ubercharger you've ever seen.

Or maybe lose some of those barbarian levels for hulking hurler?

paddyfool
2010-05-05, 07:04 AM
@BobVosh,

There really should be a feat that works in the reverse way to Serenity, and gives Cha rather than Wis as the key stat for casting spells as a Paladin. Only tricky part is the name... "Empassioned Casting", perhaps.

Indon
2010-05-05, 10:07 AM
Come to think of it, could this even be decent in normal Gestalt?

Truenamer 20//Factotum 11/Marshal 1/Artificer 7/Exemplar 1 or somesuch?

EDIT: or more Exemplar levels, so your incredible Truespeak skill can also be useful for Diplomancy, even once the Law of Resistance means your Utterances for the day start sucking ...

That'd have really good flavor, too - the idea being that Truespeak can also speak to the heart of any being as part of its' supernatural nature.

okpokalypse
2010-05-05, 10:55 AM
I'd go with one of two options...

Option #1 (3 Classes) - Int Specialist
- Warblade
- Psion (Egoist)
- Wizard (Conjurer) / Master Specialist (Conjurer)

Option #2 (2 Classes, 1 Racial Progression) - Cha Specialist
- Crusader w/ Saint Template
- Favored Soul
- Astral Deva

This character might be the most interesting man alive, as his Charisma would be visible from space :)

Wolf Warhead
2010-06-08, 05:36 PM
I think I'd go for Sorcerer//Marshal (or bard)//Paladin and go for battlefield control instead of pure damage or anything. With the right buffs and a little ingenuity you can make the whole party much more dangerous, and the Paladin part will let you stand your ground yourself damn well, too.

Escheton
2010-06-08, 05:44 PM
Thread necro//dread necro//necromancer// necrocarnate?