PDA

View Full Version : spontaneous castors

Geiger Counter
2010-04-26, 04:48 AM
I am in need of spontaneous versions of the ranger and paladin. Also what would these classes have to give up to have as many spell known/per day as a bard? (drawing spells from both their own lists and from the druid's and cleric's lists respectively)

Kaiyanwang
2010-04-26, 05:05 AM
I was thinking to a beaver (Castor canadensis) that does not restrains himself in social interactions (ba-dum-dish).

Could be a guideline the first levels of Favored Soul?

Geiger Counter
2010-04-26, 05:08 AM
"I was thinking to a beaver (Castor canadensis) that does not restrains himself in social interactions (ba-dum-dish).

Could be a guideline the first levels of Favored Soul?"

lol what?

Amphetryon
2010-04-26, 05:10 AM
I am in need of spontaneous versions of the ranger and paladin. Also what would these classes have to give up to have as many spell known/per day as a bard? (drawing spells from both their own lists and from the druid's and cleric's lists respectively)

Using other spontaneous casters as a baseline, delaying the acquisition of spells above 1st level by one character level each seems the only sacrifice that needs to be made.

cheezewizz2000
2010-04-26, 05:13 AM
Hmm. Strip the ranger of the animal companion. More casting power is much better than the animal companion, but it'll help give them a little more clout and it'll give the player less to coordinate. Strip the paladin of the warhorse and lay on hands. He'll have plenty of healing from the casting. That's just a quick estimate, and casting is much better than any of those class features, but then again it's not full casting so both of them will be overshadowed by the cleric and Druid anyway.