PDA

View Full Version : Liberty, Egality, SCIENCE Group I

Ladorak
2010-04-26, 08:42 AM
Dr. Edward Lamarr, Professor Panacea, Nexus and Ozzy have been a team for a while now. Your unknown benefactor has kept you in hiding for years as great minds built and Nexus and Ozzy trained in their new powers.
You are currently in Panacea's base, awaiting a new arrival. Your unknown benefactor rarely makes demands of you, staying silent while funnelling you resources. Today Mala Liath joins you, whoever she is, your benefactor has been customarily close lipped on the subject. Operations began against the Syndicate several weeks ago, although the media has remained quiet on the subject.
Mala had been contacted by a unknown person who promised to introduce her to several like-minded people. Naturally she was suspicious, she was given a series of locations and times to attend and each time she was secretly watched the other group striking against the Syndicate. Tonight she was picked up in a limo, one of the earlier hybrid models. Although she was at first astonished by the affront of it she quickly came to realise the wisdom of such a vehicle. Low level Syndicate functionaries are often rewarded with such hand offs. The car is too unimportant for anyone important to notice it and too important for anyone unimportant to question it.
Her driver was a young Japanese man who had a katana on the passenger seat. She and Henry were driven to this location, although due to the blacked out back seat windows she has no idea where she is. But she knows why she is here. The limo is gone before she finds her way in.

General information:The group have two bases. The one you are currently in is the Professor's, it's in a small town about 30 miles away from Empire City, on the coast. It provides a useful base of operations near the Syndicate capital, most of the time the team is aboard Lamarr's Sub or underwater base.
Oh, and I'm sticking a Dock into Limo's base for free. It'll just make things easier

Ridai
2010-04-26, 10:14 AM
Nexus waits in the entrance hall, fully cloaked, waiting for the new arrival. He wonders what kind of person she will be and what she will bring to the group. Once a woman and her... companion enter the building, he examines her for a short time.

"Mala Liath?" A deep, gravelly voice that sounds partly synthesized seems to come from somewhere in the room. Once he got an answer, a short time passes as he silently, invisibly drops from the ceiling a few metres away from her. He disengages his stealth systems, light refracting around his form, appearing as distorted translucent shape at first before being fully revealed.

A tall humanoid figure appears, almost entirely of matte black color with some dark-red lines and accentuations, apparently constructed entirely out of some kind of metal. The head is mostly human in basic structure, yet completely smooth and almost featureless. There are only three dark-red lines where the face usually should be, one drawing a curve between where the ears should usually be and two others flowing down from it and disappearing below the jawline. The smooth parts are interrupted by more fragmented sections where flexibility is needed. The figure's body is slender and lithe and looks less human the farther down one looks, clearly optimized for a specific purpose.

"Please follow me." Nexus goes ahead, his movements looking inhumanly fluid and perfectly balanced. He leads the newcomers to the room where the others wait and then just stands aside and lets the professor handle the talking.

Limos
2010-04-26, 10:37 AM
"Good morning Ms. Liath." A friendly voice crackles over the intercom, "I apologize for the security. If you'll please step into the scanner..."

The room the two had entered was just the first of many such in the long chain of security features leading to the inner sanctum. Passing through the large weapon scanner in the foyer the conveyor path quickly whisks them along. A DNA scanner, a chemical detector, a metal scanner, X-ray, Dental comparison, Robotic security dogs, T-ray, Credit check, Infrared scan, and finally a doormat so they can wipe their feet.

Upon passing through the gauntlet Nexus and Liath enter the Sanctum Sanctorum of Panacea's underground base. The main room is decorated as a massive Cathedral, with sweeping ceilings and elaborate architecture. The walls are lined with sleek, futuristic equipment. Directly on the opposite side of the room Panacea sits on a raised dias, in his comfortable rotating chair. The computer bank in front of him displays feeds from across the city and reports by his many informants.

At the moment Panacea is finishing up his daily pirate broadcast. "The Syndicate has taken the soul of this world. Twisted it into something just as dark and foul as they are. They think they can take what they want, without a fight, without resistance. And for too long we have let them do just that. We have allowed them to place evil men in positions of power. Never a more wicked hive of scum and villainy has there been than Freedom City. But soon you won't have to be afraid. All those politicians and lobbyists. All the money launderers and thugs. Down to the lowest pickpocket. They will all receive justice. Stay brave my children, for help is coming." Panacea says grimly, "This city is sick, and I have the cure."

With that he cuts off the broadcast and swivels around to face the newcomers. Panacea is an ascetically thin man, with deep set eyes in a long solemn face. His gray hair is slicked back with oil on both sides, and bald on the top. His pale grayish skin tone, and gray hair, along with his charcoal gray suit give him the appearance of a particularly friendly statue."Sorry to keep you waiting. I couldn't leave my adoring public to soldier on without me." Panacea rises from his chair and takes his cane from where it leans against the computer bank, hobbling over to the two. "Our mysterious backer has been characteristically close lipped about you, so why don't we sit down for tea and get to know one another." He leads the way to a side room leading to a small cozy kitchen where he produces the necessary cookware and begins boiling water. There is a small table with several chairs on the other side of the room.

Ridai
2010-04-26, 11:24 AM
Nexus offers Mala Liath a seat, similar to a butler or waiter, and then sets the table. Once everything is done, he takes a seat at the table. It is kind of strange to him that he does so, as he can neither eat nor drink and doesn't bother standing, but that would probably make the situation more uncomfortable, as if he was expecting trouble.

Unkabear
2010-04-26, 12:02 PM
Ozzy sat and waited. It was usually better if his first impression was one of him being nothing more than just some dumb animal. It usually worked in his favor more often than not, and within Panacea's sanctum he did not fear as much for the Doctor's life. So he found a nice place by the kitchen curled up into a nice ball on one of the seats set at a table. Usually out of the way, but somehow always becomes the center of conversation, a bastion of reality in a cathedral of technology. Also, that is where the food is kept, which was always a good place to hold up for a long stay as any.

Green Bean
2010-04-26, 02:06 PM
Dr. Lamarr, clad in his ever-present labcoat, sits in the corner and glowers. He's not particularly angry at anything (at least, no more than usual), but the doctor is simply the kind of person for whom glowering is the ground state of being. To his surprise, he is rather impressed with Panacea's setup. Buried well beneath Empire City, the psychologist's lair would be virtually detectable. It would be an excellent staging point for Dr. Lamarr's inevitable crushing victory over the Syndicate.

As Mala enters, Lamarr is checking on the Theta Reproductive Device on his arm. Current bacterial population is lower than projections. He adjusts the level of nitrogen in the bacteria's nutrient broth, then surveys the newcomer.

Sinistral
2010-04-26, 02:11 PM
Mala Liath exits the limo, still wary of a trap. She had seen the team she was to meet cost the Syndicate much in infrastructure and personal costs. She calculated that is was highly unlikely that they would waste so many resources just to gain her trust, when they probably could have attempted to remove her several times beforehand. Still, it never hurt to be cautious.

She is fully attired in her Mala Liath costume, a ragged looking hooded brown robe she wears over a more functional set of black military gear. The most theatrical piece she allows herself is a theatre mask of a hag, painted blue after the Celtic god whose name she took. She leaves her hands bare. They are scarred from the acid she used to remove her fingerprints.

She enters the entrance hall of the base, impressed in spite of herself. Her own base looks almost quaint, somehow, compared to this. Suddenly, a figure materializes in front of her. She motions for her undead body guard, Henry, to be ready. He wears a nondescript brown coat and a wide brimmed hat angled to conceal his hideously scarred face, and inhuman yellow eyes. However, the figure does not attack, but instead addresses her.
"Mala Liath?"

She nods, wordlessly.

“Please follow me.”

Mala Liath complies, following the figure. Even though such advanced machinery was an area outside of her expertise, she still had to admire her guide’s stealth and combat systems. She had seen it fight during her period of observation, and it was very impressive. She wondered just who had made such a being, and why it was fighting the Syndicate.

They continued on until they were stopped by a voice on the intercom.

Good morning Ms. Liath. I apologize for the security. If you'll please step into the scanner..."

She had wondered how far she would get before encountering security. She was glad it was here. She wouldn’t want to work with people who let people like her through the front door without extensive and exhaustive security measures. And they were exhaustive. She questioned the merit of some of the devices. Dog robots? Really?

Finally she was through with the battery of tests. She declined to mention her implants, or the virus hosing itself in her. Better to test just how good her prospective colleagues really were.

The room she now entered was even more impressive than the entryway. Some of the elaborate architecture seemed a little excessive, but the numerous pieces of scientific equipment remind her that this place is functional as well as decorative. She was so intent of her examination of the building, she almost didn’t notice the man on the dais. He was speaking, not to her, but to the people of Freedom city. He was giving a broadcast to try to sway public opinion away from the Syndicate. Not that it would do any good. People were sheep, they wouldn’t care about the evils of the Syndicate until it directly affected them. By then, it was already to late.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. I couldn't leave my adoring public to soldier on without me."

“It’s not a problem, Doctor …. Panacea, I presume? As you probably already know, I am Mala Liath.” She nods slightly to convey her respect, but her hands stay at her side. “I must admit, there is a certain dramatic irony in us prospectively working together, the Disease and the Cure.”

"Our mysterious backer has been characteristically close lipped about you, so why don't we sit down for tea and get to know one another."

She nods, and follows the doctor and her guide to the kitchen, where she joins them at a table. She takes careful note of the otter curled on a seat. She normally wouldn’t have paid it any mind, but she’d already seen what that particular otter could do. She motions for Henry to take up residence in the corner, and takes her seat. She attempts to smile put her new ‘friends‘ at ease, then remembers she is still wearing that ridiculous mask. She hesitates, wary of showing her face, then reasoning that at this point it doesn’t matter anyway, takes it off and stores it in a pocket in her robe. She pulls her hood back too, revealing a severe looking middle aged woman, wearing her prematurely grey hair in a bun.

“Now that we have the customary refreshments, I would be more then happy to answer your questions. Provided, of course, you provide me with answers of your own.”

Limos
2010-04-26, 02:30 PM
"Of course of course." Panacea totters over to the table with the tea tray and pours each of them a cup, including the Otter and Nexus. Just because they didn't want tea didn't mean they didn't get a cup. "My sensors tell me that your enhancements are even more extensive than I had thought. The pathogen sensors have been pitching a fit since you came through. I do hope you won't let anything particularly virulent out into my home. I do take so much care keeping the place clean."

He sips his tea thoughtfully, "But enough small talk, I suppose we should get on to business. Our mysterious employer has informed me that you are to join my team. As such I have several rules of conduct that I expect you to follow. That I expect everyone in this operation to respect." He sets down the tea on the saucer and steeples his fingers.

"Firstly. We do not harm civilians. Lethal force is both authorized and encouraged. But we are not monsters.

Second. Don't make a scene. We will not be assaulting our foes in the streets. Keep to the shadows. If we are secret, then we are safe.

Thirdly. No Compromise. The suggestion has been made before to make allies within the syndicate. But we cannot cure the infection through politicking. We must cut it out of the world, root and branch."

Panacea leans back and smiles broadly. "Now that we have that out of the way. Introductions are in order. You've already met Nexus of course. The dour looking fellow is Dr. Edward Lamarr. And the small furry one is Ozzy."

"Anything you wish to ask about?"

Green Bean
2010-04-26, 03:03 PM
Dr. Lamarr bristles at the old man presuming to regulate his behaviour, even if they were exactly the rules he was already planning to follow. Still, it was the man's lab, and certain authorities you had to respect.

"I wish to know of your current...condition, Liath. Perhaps my superior intellect will shed some light on your virus."

Dr. Lamarr squelched the temptation to simply extract a few dozen blood samples and analyze the virus himself. Mundane conversation made him uncomfortable, especially with people like Panacea and Mala Liath whom he couldn't just out-science. Lamarr tried to mentally frame it as an unconventional interrogation and immediately felt better. Besides, he had a feeling that unannounced blood extractions would erode a future working relationship with the woman and his own immune system.

Sinistral
2010-04-26, 03:42 PM
Mala Liath smiles at the mention of the pathogen sensor's distress. "Nothing you need to worry about." As she says this, she pulls on two sterilized latex gloves and picks up her cup of tea, careful not to touch anyone. She takes a sip, adding "I would suggest irradiating this cup if you want to use it again, however."

She listens as he recites the list of rules. No killing civilians. Simple enough, she never killed civilians anyway. She had infected a few civilians to use them as biological bombs, of sorts. But they had all survived, and were fine afterwards. A few days being violently ill was a small price to pay for your society’s eventual freedom, right? She decided not to mention it Dr. Panacea, just in case.

Don’t make a scene. Easy, she preferred indirect confrontation anyway. No compromise. She liked this one. The syndicate deserved to be eradicated, not bargained with. “Your rules are acceptable, I believe we can work together.”

She bristles slightly, but visibly at Dr. Lamar’s inquiry. She keeps her voice cool but level, “I don’t think you will be able to ‘shed some light’ on the virus infecting me. I’m already intimately acquainted with it. After all, I designed it myself.” She refuses to say anything more.

She sits quietly for a moment, then changes the subject. “Before we can continue, there is something I need to know.” She points at the fuzzy otter curled on the chair. “Why an otter?”

Unkabear
2010-04-26, 04:18 PM
Ozzy perked up at the tea, and lifted himself up from the chair. He was just tall enough to not need a booster, which would have been embarrassing to use. He decided that crossing the table to get to the sugar cubes would be out of the question. Though he did use his arms to lift the cup as he brought his head down to sip at the tea. It was not really his type. A good mint green tea would be perfect, but beggars can't be choosers.

"Why not?" Ozzy answers noting that he should keep a respectful distance from this one. With the talk of virus he really turned him sour to playing the lap pet even though sometimes a rub between the ears just hits the spot.

Green Bean
2010-04-26, 04:26 PM
Dr. Lamarr relaxed at Mala Liath's cold reaction, moving the conversation back into the slightly adversarial territory he was used to.

"I ask only out of professional interest. I've toyed with a few viral solutions to the Syndicate myself, but never seriously. I find they lack a certain...panache."

At Mala's question, Dr. Lamarr scratches Ozzy behind the ears and looks faintly offended. "Indeed, why not otters? They are fast, agile, and more intelligent than most would believe, and Ozzy here was the cream of my genetically enhanced, artificially grown crop."

Dr. Lamarr fails to mention that Project: Moreau had started off with a number of nature's more ferocious animals, and that Ozzy's elevation to the top spot was expedited by the other subjects growing to three times normal size and proceeding to eat each other. With the exception of the great white shark, which simply exploded.

Unkabear
2010-04-26, 04:33 PM
Ozzy nods his head as if there were no other answer needed.

Teeth and Claws do not always equal deadly...as a few of the others had learned to their dismay.

Ladorak
2010-04-28, 10:52 AM
Over the dozens of monitors currently before him the Professor can see much of the impregnable stronghold of Empire City. Loosed from Praetor's control, given a free hand by Captain Thunderbolt Master Metropolis has had a hundred years to mould the city to his whims. There are whole acres at the very heart of the city totally devoid of inhabitants. Where once there were thriving communities there are now Lovecraftian edifices that seem to defy the laws of physics. Metropolis is everywhere, a terribly powerful Head of Secret Police in a city he owns in all but name.
The people here are totally brainwashed, Metropolis worked side-by-side with Madam Sin for many years before she left the city for wider interests. He learnt much from her, Metropolis is totally alien to man, but Metropolis has come to understand how to break him with great efficiency.
That is why the Professor's broadcasts mattered so much, to himself and to the city. For now he could only preach to the people, trying to keep hope alive. Soon he would be able to heal them. Although the Professor had no way of knowing it it would have filled him with pleasure to know that it frustrated Syndicate officials no end to every day trace his signal over thousands of buffer locations before finally losing it in constantly the same spot. As it is, he sometimes smiles privately when he thinks about that clever program loop, wondering if his open mockery was being received.
'My friends, I must speak with you.' The voice is that of the Great Unknown. It has always puzzled the Professor, for it should be as impossible for this man to break his security as it was for the Syndicate. It was almost as if he had someone on the inside, but Panacea trusted his team implicitly. 'Forgive me, I suddenly have very much to do. I must be brief. I am activating the Emergency Clause in our agreement. I have diverted one of my agents to your location, Mala Liath met him earlier and can vouch that he works for me. He will fill you in when he arrives, I will return to the line as soon as I am able.'

Sinistral
2010-04-28, 11:37 AM
Mala Liath stares at Ozzy, then Dr. Lamar. She seems like she's going to say something, then shrugs her shoulders. "Very well. Your explanation is, acceptable." She would have to get used to working with a talking ninja otter. She had a bizarre urge to pick up and hug Ozzy, but decided that infecting her potential teammate could cause a bad first impression.

"Now that the introductions are finished, I see no reason to waste anymore time. What are you're plans to destroy the syndicate, what is the timetable to implement them, and how can my skills and abilities help?"

Ridai
2010-04-28, 11:41 AM
Nexus quietly gets up and clears the table as soon as the professor finishes his cup. Considering the speed with which he does this, it's a bit perplexing that nothing breaks and that nothing is spilt on the floor. Back at the table, he turns his almost featureless head towards Mala Liath.

"How do you want me to address you and your bodyguard?" Once he receives an answer, he nods and continues with his synthezied gravelly voice. "I assume that your bodyguard is specialized in hand-to-hand combat. Can you tell me about your abilities, so I can adjust accordingly in case we encounter hostiles?" His body is lacking when it comes to body language, so it is hard to tell if he asked this out of self-interest or to be able to protect and serve the team better. At least the professor knows that the latter is true, but correctly conveying his intentions has always been difficult for Nexus since he received his current body.

Limos
2010-04-28, 11:56 AM
"Well at the moment we wait for our unexpected guest" Panacea chuckles, "But in the long term... I have a very particular target in mind."

Panacea moves over to a smaller panel on the wall and activates a holographic display which projects over the small kitchen table. A three dimensional image of Metropolis rotates slowly.

"Metropolis is the keystone. No matter how many buildings we blow up, or how many thugs we kill. Metropolis can keep replacing them. He can always rebuild." Panacea leans over the table and stares at the image with a snarl on his face, "If we are to heal this city then he has to die." He pulls away from the table and turns off the display.

"In order to accomplish this we first need to find his weakness. His Achilles heel. Until we do we continue as we have been. Disrupt their supply lines. Destroy their outposts. Kill their employees. Hopefully if we prick them enough they will send one of their higher ranked enforcers. Someone who might know what we need."

Ladorak
2010-04-28, 12:15 PM
Eidetic Memory checks: [roll0] [roll1]

Green Bean
2010-04-28, 09:00 PM
Dr. Lamarr slipped back into his glower as the Great Unknown spoke. He (She? It?) had been most useful in terms of funding and allies, but the man's casual violation of security protocols perturbed him. Back at his lair, Dr. Lamarr had several file cabinets full of speculation on the Great Unknown's true identity, ranging from "Praetor in hiding" to "My Time-Travelling Duplicate" along with annotated plans to deal with each of them. In any case, he had already trusted the man in regards to Mala Liath, so one more flunky of his couldn't hurt.

Lamarr listened carefully to Panacea's plan before responding. "Your plan seems solid, but we must be careful to avoid uniting our enemy. I recommend a...divisive approach."

The biologist takes a vial of electric green liquid, and carefully measures a single drop of it into his tea. There is a whiff of acrid smoke, and he takes a sip. "Metropolis relies quite extensively on mind control, which suggests a certain degree of control issues. With access to the right genetic material, I can copy the appearance and even the powers of the Syndicate's precious enforcers. A few 'betrayals', and perhaps rumors that we can reverse the brainwashing, and Metropolis and Sin will tear their own organizations apart."

Ladorak
2010-04-30, 03:58 PM
A short time later the man Mala met earlier is at the 'front door.' The veritable battery of sensors reveal no infections, no chemicals, no weapons other than the katana he holds quite openly in his left hand and no credit history. He actually stops to pat the robotic attack dogs once Panacea disarms them, a slight sardonic smile on his face. He remains silent even when spoken too until he reaches the Sanctum Sanctorum, where he lets out a low whistle. 'You know, listening to your broadcasts I figured you were hunched over a desk in some smoky backroom. I like this version a lot better.' He trails off for a few moments, looking up at the ceiling, Ozzy notes that while his eyes are away from the group he shifts into a combat stance. Not an obvious one, certainly to any layman it would appear he had not moved at all. But to Ozzy the slight tightening of the calves, the shoulder dropped ever so slightly back were as clear as yelling his readiness for combat.
'I made sure I wasn't followed and the vehicle is being attended to.
'You can call me Samuel. It's not my real name but I'll answer to it... And we shouldn't be here. Of course I myself have no idea where your other base is, but our employer does and he has instructed me that there is where we need to be. So lead on to however we're going to get there. I'll explain on the way.'

Unkabear
2010-05-01, 12:12 AM
Ozzy looks at his creator and back to the group, especially Samuel, "I think we need to make a strike first. All this waiting has been getting on my nerves" the otter says offering a slight no chance in hell are we taking this crew back to the base shake to Dr. Lamarr.

Limos
2010-05-01, 12:34 AM
'You know, listening to your broadcasts I figured you were hunched over a desk in some smoky backroom. I like this version a lot better.'

"I hope your impression is not indicative of the public at large. I would provide visuals but that makes it so much more difficult to obscure and to move unseen among the city." Panacea frowns, "Samuel you say? Well then apostle, explain to me why we need this sudden change of purview. Surely my headquarters can provide any necessary equipment for the next mission. I would hate to make the trip to Dr. Lamarr's home only to come right back to the city."

Green Bean
2010-05-01, 08:30 AM
"Indeed. While my own lab is naturally the superior one, to a mind as limited as yours the difference should be negligible."

Ladorak
2010-05-01, 08:35 AM
'Look...' Initially he sounds aggravated, but as he looks at each of you in turn his good humour slowly returns. 'You're a steely bunch aren't you? Our employer shows his usual good judgement. Very well, I'll tell you what I know, then you can decide where, when and how we go.'
He pulls up a seat without invitation, reverses it and sits with legs apart, the back of the chair now protecting his stomach. 'Our organisation has picked up four Indigo priority Syndicate messages in the last twenty four hours. That's the second highest priority with the second highest encryption, Omega being reserved for actually outside invasion.' he shrugs a little as he continues 'Normally it would have taken us months to crack one Indigo. But they operate by a rolling cipher that changes daily, so having four of them actually makes it easier to break the encryption.
'The fact that I'm here means our employer considered this high priority, the fact that he's not telling you this means one of those other messages was even higher priority.
There's going to be a test of a new weapon at a Hephaestus installation near here. An aquatic weapon. All we know about it is it's name; Cephalopoid.
'Apparently the location is close enough to pose a potential danger your other base, our employer also wants a full investigation done, Thunderbolt has given Daedalus either permission or an order to start field testing an aquatic weapon and that could have all sorts of ramifications.'

Green Bean
2010-05-01, 08:46 AM
Dr. Lamarr snarled. "Daedalus! The seas are my domain! He will understand the penalty for his insolence! My creations will blot out the sun, and drag him to me in chains! And then I will make him watch as I take apart everything he has ever created, and rebuild it my own image! Then he will truly know who is superior!"

Normally, a rant like that would only end after a few hours and the early stages of some sort of genetic abomination. However, the good doctor sensed that this would not be ideal in mixed company and settled for quiet seething rage.

Ridai
2010-05-01, 09:11 AM
"If the Syndicate doesn't use olfactory sensors or the kind that can 'feel' moving objects in the water, an underwater environment could make observation and infiltration less difficult." Nexus remembers hearing about cephalopods in the context of animals (squids?), but doesn't mention it, as the professor and the doctor have probably already thought about it and that it may be something bioengineered.

Sinistral
2010-05-03, 09:19 AM
Mala Liath stared icily at Samuel. "Next time you want us to do something, you had best be upfront from the beginning. I'm not going to let you manipulate us into serving whatever agenda your master has planned. You will give us all the information and if it serves our purposes then and only then will we help you. Have I made myself clear?"

Having said her piece, Mala Liath turns back to her new teammates, blatantly ignoring Samuel. "If the name Cephalopoid is any indication, we will probably be dealing with some kind of squid of cuttlefish. Perhaps one of Talos's biological weapons. Lamarr, if you truly wish to prove your superiority over the seas I suggest you start thinking of possible countermeasures. Also, how good is Ozzy at surviving at high water pressure, and for how long can he stay submerged underwater without oxygen?" She turns to Nexus, "Nexus, are you able to operate underwater, and at what level of efficiency?" She finally turns to Panacea. "Panacea, is your helmet capable of affecting lower life forms, and could you do so from the inside of Lamarr’s submarine?" She takes a deep breath, the gears in her mind turning quickly. "We have to work quickly, we don't have a lot of time."

Limos
2010-05-03, 10:23 AM
"The Mesmero is capable of affecting all organic nervous systems and can be used on any creature I can perceive. The hull of Dr. Lamarr's sub should prove no impediment." Panacea presses a button on his console and a small door slides open with a steely hiss. "Everyone to the dock. We can discuss more on the way."

He hobbles through the door on his cane and enters the long corridor leading down through the bedrock. The floor of the corridor is a moving conveyor belt, intended to be easier on the old bones, and carries them swiftly down down down into the earth. After several moments the corridor becomes a tube with glass windows looking out into the underground reservoir housing the dock. The tube terminates at a small control center attached to the ceiling of the cavern, to which Dr. Lamarr's vessel is docked.

Green Bean
2010-05-03, 11:06 AM
Dr. Lamarr pressed a concealed button on the inside of his labcoat. The submarine sprang to life. True to his scientific background, the sub appeared to be almost organic, with smooth curves giving it an almost organic shape. Indeed, it had almost the same sonar profile as a sperm whale. A seemingly blank part of its outside split open, revealing the hatchway. Inside, there was a passenger area with several seats, upholstered in the highest quality (homemade!) leather. Tucked in the back was a refrigerator, packed with chilled drinks and cold cut sandwiches. While the walls were opaque now, once they were moving they would become as clear as glass, reducing detectability and affording an amazing view of the ocean. Dr. Lamarr climbed into the cockpit, already plotting potential countermeasures against this new experiment.

Ladorak
2010-05-03, 11:18 AM
Samuel whistles again as the sub comes to life 'Wow, you guys actually have a sub! I was a bit sceptical when you first said... I must say, I'm impressed, I hope this isn't the only time we work together. The coordinates we're heading to are 25° 39' N 78° 39 by the way, so now it's really up to you wherever or not I come along at all. Call it an attempt to show good faith. I'm starting to see you don't need me to babysit you anywhere near as much as I thought.'

Ridai
2010-05-03, 11:27 AM
"I can operate indefinitely underwater. Maneuverability is not a concern. I can reach speeds of roughly around 200 miles per hour, visual, aural and electromagnetic stealth systems function at full capacity while submerged. Combat efficiency can be affected by water resistance and neither frame nor biological parts possess specific modifications against high pressure. Do you require more information, Ms. Liath?" Nexus silently follows the professor.

Limos
2010-05-03, 11:42 AM
Samuel whistles again as the sub comes to life 'Wow, you guys actually have a sub! I was a bit sceptical when you first said... I must say, I'm impressed, I hope this isn't the only time we work together. The coordinates we're heading to are 25° 39' N 78° 39 by the way, so now it's really up to you wherever or not I come along at all. Call it an attempt to show good faith. I'm starting to see you don't need me to babysit you anywhere near as much as I thought.'

"Frankly my dear apostle I prefer not to leave any loose ends floating around my headquarters while I am out." Panacea says, "So if you don't wish to go on the sub one of the robots will show you to your car." A small mental effort, seen only as a slight tightening around the eyes, summons a small droid which beeps a greeting as it slides into the room through an access hatch.

Ladorak
2010-05-03, 11:53 AM
He waves the Professor away 'I'd prefer to come along, I'm just giving you the option to refuse my help. The illusion of control and all that...'

Unkabear
2010-05-03, 03:13 PM
Ozzy glides into the sub and takes his place in what may have once been a luggage compartment now a nice and very comfortable bed just over the head level of those entering the sub.

Sinistral
2010-05-03, 04:15 PM
Mala Liath follows her teammates into the submarine, her bodyguard following at her heel. "No, that information is sufficient." She answers Nexus. Upon entering the sub she is once again awed by the resources her allies command. Just how did they acquire so much cash? She shakes her head, taking a seat on the submarine.

Ladorak
2010-05-04, 05:28 PM
Do you want to name the sub? This post would have hurried you all the way to the exciting stuff but Mythweaver is down so I'm sorry but you'll have to wait a little longer before you blood yourselves...

Under the expert hand of Dr. Lamarr the submarine eases out of the dock and into the great unknown. Sleek and silent, elegant in the simplicity of its' lines and daunting in it's technological complexity the sub quickly consumes the Leagues between the Professor's base and the Hephaestus installation.
The sea is quiet, although not abnormally so. Occasionally the sonar beeps and the bridge suddenly has an apprehensive air but always it turns out to be a whale or a Shoal of fish.
Samuel has fallen silent now, speaking only when spoken to and only then it clipped short sentences. He stands toward the front of the bridge, his eyes fixed on the fantastic see through walls, dark eyes intently studying the inky darkness.

Green Bean
2010-05-04, 08:51 PM
I hereby christen this sub...the Myctophid.

Ladorak
2010-05-05, 01:50 PM
When the Myctophid comes within a few miles of Daedalus' coastal fortress the sonar suddenly picks up a veritable wall of blips. Each one registers between five to ten foot wide and there are hundreds of them in your path. However after a tense few seconds it becomes clear that they're dead in the water. They drift slightly in the cold underwater currents and otherwise show no sign of life.

Green Bean
2010-05-05, 02:01 PM
"Hmph." Dr. Lamarr is unimpressed by Daedalus' first line of defense. He opens up the intercom to the passenger area. "I have detected a number of objects in the water. They do not appear to be active, but I would ask that you use whatever detection equipment you have available before we proceed any closer."

Unkabear
2010-05-05, 09:16 PM
Occasionally a blurb of light would come from the loft where Ozzy boarded up. If one paid attention the Super Mario Brother theme could be heard hummed from the fuzzy little guy.

Ridai
2010-05-06, 12:25 AM
Nexus scans the water around them with his night- and infravision and checks for possible radiowaves.

Limos
2010-05-06, 12:36 AM
Panacea adjusts his Mesmero with an effort of will and concentrates inward, seeking the minds around him. Now then... Let's see just what's on everyone's mind...

[roll0] C-C-C-CRITICAL HIT (Does nothing but be awesome)
Making an Area mind reading check as a Free action. Everyone within Sight Range of here makes a Will save. I get to read surface thoughts of everyone who fails

Ladorak
2010-05-06, 06:32 AM
I assume PCs are exempt?
[roll0]
No one else is in range. Samuel is thinking 'This isn't right. Not his standard MO at all. Has she beaten us here, is she still here? Such a basic defence is way below D.'

Limos
2010-05-06, 09:37 AM
Well I was hoping we would be approaching some of those squidy things by now. But technically No, PCs are not exempt. It's an Area effect, and it's not Selective. I can either target one person or go after everyone.

At least I know no one has noticed us yet.

Green Bean
2010-05-06, 10:19 AM
Will Save [roll0]

Surface Thoughts: Bah, these defenses are clearly the work of an inferior mind. Yet another sign that the world cries out for geniuses like myself.

"Bah, these defenses are clearly the work of an inferior mind. Yet another sign that the world cries out for geniuses like myself." With no new information coming from his sidekicks, Dr. Lamarr edges the sub closer to the objects. He keeps a close eye on them, both through the sonar and visually, watching like a hawk for any changes.

Ridai
2010-05-06, 10:45 AM
Nexus' mind is a torrent of impressions due to his neural boost. Images of sea mines, drones and defense systems as he considers what those objects might be, wondering if he should swim ahead and scout. Bits of performance data of his body also rush by occasionally, with a blurry, loud and extremely short memory of violence flashing by once.

Unkabear
2010-05-06, 11:29 AM
If you are reading Ozzy's mind you find the following (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpk5U70MQBg&feature=related)

Sinistral
2010-05-06, 02:17 PM
[roll0] Surface Thoughts:
These seats are ridiculously comfortable. Possible options to use against Cephlopoid. I should ask Lamarr where he got his furniture. If biological, could try a viral solution. I wonder, is there an interior decorator for mad scientists? Viral solution could cause damage to surrounding ecosystem, new allies might not like that. The seats in my base are so irritating, my back is always sore after a long period of research. If unique life form, could tailor virus specific to it’s DNA. I would love to spend hours and hours researching in chairs like these. Would have little chance of damaging ocean. When the mission is over, I simple must ask Lamarr to tell me where he got these seats. Would require genetic sample to work, however.

Mala Liath waited patiently for the sub to reach it's destination; deep sea reconnaissance was not one of her many talents.

Ladorak
2010-05-07, 12:44 PM
As the sub moves slowly closer more and more blips appear on the sonar. It quickly becomes clear that whatever is out there is not a wall at all, but a whole ocean of these unknown objects. Thousands of them drifting listlessly in the tide.
Lamarr's sonar is very good and it is sometime later, spent in tense silence aside from the occusional snippit of sound from Ozzy's game. But soon enough you see them, large squid float before you, stretching up and down, left and right as far as the perpetual twilight of the sea allows you to see.
There is little uniformity to their size, some are so small even Lamarr's sonar could not detect them some have tentacles seven foot long. The tentacles float as listlessly as they do.
Nexus is the first to spot it, but before he has a chance to call it to the others' attention they too see it. From above or the side they look like relatively normal squid or octopus (The Humboldt Current Squid Lamarr believes, although he'll need a specimen to be sure). But when the tide causes one to turn away from the Myctophid your group sees the truth. From the underside you can see a human face at the center of an array of tentacles. The eyes are glassy and fish-like and a squid's beak replaces the human mouth. They do not react to you at all.

Limos
2010-05-07, 01:39 PM
Panacea immediately begins scanning the human faced squids for any signs of higher brain function.

Targeted at just the one I can see
[roll0] vs. Will, Surface Thoughts
[roll1] vs. Will, Probe for Information (What are you?)

Green Bean
2010-05-07, 01:52 PM
Dr. Lamarr brings the sub to a stop as he identifies the objects as immobile squid. "It appears that Daedalus has been a busy little boy. Still, only one way to tell if this is a defense line or a dumping ground."

He looks over at the submarine loft. "Ozzy? I'm going to need you to go out and perform a chemical analysis of the squid. But be careful about it." Surprisingly, his tone sounds almost human as he addresses his creation.

Ridai
2010-05-07, 02:07 PM
"Most likely remote-controlled. I wonder if they share a consciousness or follow orders individually." The Syndicate's lack of respect for any kind of life doesn't affect Nexus that much anymore. Mostly because almost all of those people already deserve to be killed.

Ladorak
2010-05-08, 08:03 PM
The Mind scan reveals nothing at all.

Unkabear
2010-05-09, 01:51 AM
Ozzy nods "Not a problem boss" and goes to his torpedo shoot and locks it behind him. He does not shoot out of it as this was a sensitive operation, instead he crawls out and begins to swim toward one after the initial push off he drifts as much as he can, using as little movement as possible to get himself there. Even if it took a bit longer than he would have liked, he had learned his lesson and has come to respect the creations of Daedalus.

If the squid begins to react Ozzy will stop and/or head away at top speed (NOT toward the sub).

If they do not, he will go up to the thing and let the computer built into him guide him as to what the hell he is supposed to be doing to get a sample and/or analyze the sample.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Environmental Adaptation Underwater allows him to adapt to underwater, he suffers none of the normal die roll or movement penalties associated with that environment, moving and acting normally. combined with the Immunities High Pressure, Cold, & Suffocation (underwater)

Ridai
2010-05-09, 02:29 AM
"I'll assist." Nexus connects to the submarine's computer and heads through any airlock/torpedo tube he fits through, enganging his stealth systems as he enters and changing to his aquatic cortex setup. He silently glides through the water and approaches the creatures, sending data from his sensors through the uplink and keeping in touch with the others (and indirectly with Ozzy through the sub's computer) with his comm unit. He coordinates his actions with Ozzy so they roughly know each others positions and asks for further instructions regarding the samples.

Moves at half speed (25 mph), using stealth (check result 29, see OOC).

Data link is subtle, communication is undetectable.

Ladorak
2010-05-09, 03:29 PM
Selecting a smaller specimen Ozzy gets to work. With Nexus floating nearby in support the Otter tentatively approaches the squid. None of them react even when Ozzy is right in front of one.
Working through instructions from Dr. Lamarr Ozzy hurriedly takes his samples and analyses them. Whatever the creature is, it's dead. Either that or it has no detectable brain functions, pulse or any other sign of life. Although it is very faint, now Ozzy is close to the squid he detects the slightest hint of the scent of blood emanating from it. He lacks the resources to determine a cause of death, although the Doctor certainly could if it was brought aboard the sub.

Unkabear
2010-05-09, 03:38 PM
One of the displays on the sub light up, "Do you want me to bring this aboard Doc?"

Green Bean
2010-05-09, 04:01 PM
"Yes, we will see just whose handiwork this is. Please vacate your seats so I can get set up."

Dr. Lamarr flips a switch, and the leather seats collapse into the floor, which are quickly replaced by an operating table. There's a sudden flash of red light, and an itchy feeling as low intensity lasers sterilize the environment. He pulls on a pair of latex gloves. "Let's get to work."

Ladorak
2010-05-09, 05:05 PM
[roll0]

The cause of the creature's death is obvious when Lamarr gets it under his microscope. A massive brain embolism that would have killed the beast almost instantly.

The genetic signatures are too advanced to trace the designer, but there's only a handful of people in the world capable of such a complex design.

Further investigation indicates that this brain embolism was probably the result of a failsafe. The autopsy suggests there was something inside the brain that exploded.

The brain is highly advanced, although it is impossible to know for certain without a live specimen Lamarr theorizes this creature would have humanlike intelligence.

Green Bean
2010-05-09, 05:25 PM
Dr. Lamarr uploads the images of the autopsy to his supercomputer, and tucks dozens of blood and tissue samples away into the medical fridge before jettisoning the corpse back out the submarine. The blue-splattered surgical table once again withdraws back under the floor, and there is a disconcertingly organic sound as the disinfection process commences.

"It seems that this is merely a dumping ground for failed experiments. Certainly some lovely foreshadowing of its creator's immediate future." Dr. Lamarr notes the location of the graveyard, in case he wants to bring his main lab back to take further samples before preparing to head onwards.

Ladorak
2010-05-09, 05:41 PM
Samuel shakes his head 'No' His voice is adamant 'A indigo level message wouldn't have been sent to authorise a mass grave. There's something more to this... I say we continue on to the base itself.'

Green Bean
2010-05-09, 05:47 PM
"Yes, that's where we are going! We have no further reason to remain here!" Dr. Lamarr's voice is mildly reproachful, by his standards, anyway. In terms of normal social interaction, it's somewhere between 'angry' and 'apoplectic fit'.

Ladorak
2010-05-10, 04:33 PM
And so the submarine presses on through the murky waters, silent and unseen. The occusional Cephalopoid collides with the Myctophid and spins away into the darkness or slowly runs over the side as it's features are stretched over the submarine transparent hull in a gruesome tableau worthy of Lovecraft.
There is still a League to go before you get to the base and it becomes disconcerting just how quickly you acclimatise to the constant barrage of dead abominations.
It is only when the dock built into the base becomes visible that the story becomes clear. The wreakage of submarines, both sleek and elegent and large and imposing lay scattered about the seafloor. There are robots are well, dozens of them in various states of destruction laying in various poses. Human beings float facedown in the water above you, some in the battlesuits of Syndicate soliders, some in labcoats, some in civilian clothes. Some have been stabbed, some must of drowned, most bear the clear marks of being bludgeoned to death.
Aside from the wreakage of a dozen robots laying at the bottum and the bodies floating on the surface the dock is empty.

Green Bean
2010-05-10, 05:31 PM
Dr. Lamarr looks almost sad as he surveys the countless human bodies. Yet more people who would never know just how superior he was. Well, it seems we now know the cause of the indigo-level message. And as scientists, it is our duty to investigate further."

The Myctophid surfaces next to the docks, and the hatchway pops open. First thing's first, Dr. Lamarr examines a few of the bodies to determine more detail about what killed them.

Unkabear
2010-05-11, 08:28 PM
When Ozzy got back onto the sub he shook himself off and went back up to his loft to place games while the Doc worked. It was inspiration to see the man at work...the first few hundred times. There is still a grand mystery to his work, but Ozzy was almost to level 9.

Sinistral
2010-05-11, 10:58 PM
Mala Liath observed the carnage around her with a kind of dispassionate interest. She was began to work on a theory. Either the Syndicate had lost control of the weapon, and it had destroyed the base, or weapon was not the squid things in the water, the real weapon was tested on them. Neither option sat well with her. It was also possible that a third party was responsible, but that didn't seem likely.

Either way, she needed more information. "I shall assist in the examination process." She began to examine the bodies.

Ladorak
2010-05-12, 04:38 PM
The docking bay is littered with bodies, both military and civilian. Great chunks have been blown out of the thick steel walls, bullet casings litter the floor, there are many places where the metal floor, wall or ceiling has been twisted and melted. The smell of burnt flesh and death lingers in the air.
The room has a high ceiling and a system of wallways are overhead. There are four doors out, two on the ground floor and two up above.
Some of the bodies have been stabbed or shot, some clearly bear massive bitemarks. Most however have been bludgeoned.

Green Bean
2010-05-12, 06:03 PM
"Well, it seems as though we shall have to investigate the old-fashioned way. Let's go hunting." Dr. Lamarr straightens up. His smile is ghoulish as he presses a few buttons on his wrist mounted device. A hypodermic needly nearly a foot long slides out, and he takes a few blood samples from a broad mix of corpses, focusing on those who looked higher ranked.

"With these genetic samples, I will be able to bypass any biometric security that is still active. Also, useful for creation of 'survivors' if the Syndicate is foolish enough to interfere."

Ridai
2010-05-13, 04:26 AM
Nexus exits the sub with his stealth systems already engaged. After taking a look around, he begins to search the facility, starting with the ground level. He establishes a secure connection to the others and tells them that he begins to scout.

Water Walk and Traceless are currently active and Nexus uses his speed where possible.

Ladorak
2010-05-14, 08:07 PM
Although there are several stops along the way to open doors or hatches or stop to find a way through some rubble Nexus rushes through the whole facility in no time at all and encounters no life. The pattern of the battle becomes clear from the positions of the bodies. A main defence was made in the dock and a secondary line was set up and after that they simply ran. There is not a single enemy among the bodies, only Syndicate men and women, some stabbed or burnt but mostly simply clubbed to death.
The facility itself is in poor shape, whole corridors without lights and sparks flying from dozens of places, holes blown straight through walls. Nexus finds the directest route to the Command Centre (Helpful labelled in bold print) and directs the others. Soon you all stand in the Command Centre, most of the consoles are smoking, only a few remain. Most of the monitors have been destroyed in a clear gash left behind by something that has burnt the edges of the monitors around the ones it destroyed outright, leaving only twisted metal and glass.
Panacea accesses one of the working consoles and discovers that the Syndicate have already destroyed almost all of there files beyond any repair, there was the possibility of restoring the tiniest fraction of it however and so he downloaded it to the Myctophid via Ozzy.
You are still standing in the Command Centre when Syndicate soldiers are seen storming the building, there's no way of telling where they are. Amid the rushing soldiers a woman walks calmly, visibly without tension. You recognise her as one of Daedalus' highest lieutenants. Medea, a strikingly beautiful woman even in the flickering light of the damaged monitor, dressed in a simple robe of the Greek style. Following behind her are seven young women who look identical, all with identical long raven black hair and identical robes.

Green Bean
2010-05-14, 08:49 PM
With a few keystrokes, Dr. Lamarr calls up the Syndicate genetic signatures he had on file in his Theta device. "Hmph. Shall we deceive them, or go for the direct approach?"

Ladorak
2010-05-14, 09:01 PM
'No good, they're probably here to sterilize the area. No witness left alive, destory all evidence. She's with the Seven, we can't risk a fight here.
It doesn't matter anyway, I think I know what happened here.'

Unkabear
2010-05-15, 12:42 AM
Ozzy had been weary the whole time here. And once they knew that they were being invaded...by The Seven.

Ozzy knew that he would be up to his fur in fighting very soon.

Limos
2010-05-15, 01:43 AM
Panacea looks at the monitors and then to his assembled comrades. "I'm setting up a neural dampening field, everyone stay close and they will ignore us. We aren't invisible, we are... inconsequential." The diodes on the Mesmero pulse, sending a field of static outward. As it slides across his skin he feels the fillings in his teeth vibrate for a moment before the field stabilizes. He edits the mental compulsion to include all of his allies as well.

On this setting the Mesmero's range is greatly increased but it's effect is far more subtle. "I doubt fighting is going to end well for us. I would recommend making our way to the submarine and making good our escape if at all possible."

Complete concealment to all senses, it has Affects Others and Area extras, so I choose to give the effect to everyone in our group. It has the Phantasm flaw, so it doesn't work on things without an Intelligence score.

Ridai
2010-05-15, 07:38 AM
Nexus knows the radius of the effect (even visualizing the approximate border of it based on the professor's position) and takes point. Even though he is invisible because of the Mesmero, he doesn't switch his stealth systems off, instead even activating his auxilliary servo-motors. The cyborg stays on the walls and ceiling where he can, as there is no telling what kind of detection technology or abilities they might have. Always pays to hit the enemy from an unexpected angle.

Activates wall-crawling x2.

Ladorak
2010-05-15, 09:52 AM
Before we go any further, Panacea's concealment isn't selective so he'll be blinding everyone but himself. You could just Extra Effort to add the Power Stunt. I'll assume he does so in my post, if not we can rewind.

Your group takes off at full pace, retreating back the way you came. Syndicate troops are flooding in from all sides. Nexus calculates from his scouting run that they have entered the facility from every point. But the Mesmero sees you safely past four units of enemy soldiers. Two were far away when you sighted them but the third almost brushed you passing in the corridor.
You are almost back at the docking bay when you are finally waylaid. A squadron of robots enters a room just as you do, the door behind them leads directly to the docking bay. Three are sleek and roughly human shaped, a series of bright lights shine on their feet, hands and around their single ocular unit. Two are more bulky, hulking metal men over 9 foot tall, again they are built along human lines (Although more ogre than human) but they have no head at all.
As Panacea had warned them the Mesmero had no effect. Those that have heads swivel toward you and gunports open up on the big two aimed in your direction.

They're 50 feet away from you currently. Nexus is still concealed. There is some rubble 30 feet away from you that could serve as cover.
e[roll0]
o[roll1]
p[roll2]
n[roll3]
m[roll4]
h[roll5]
p[roll6]
p[roll7]
p[roll8]
d[roll9]
d[roll10]

Init order:
Nexus (Concealed on roof)
The robots
Everyone else

Ridai
2010-05-15, 11:49 AM
Nexus squats on the ceiling and launches himself with his full strength at one of the large robots, making half a somersault in the fractions of a second he is in the air. After slamming feet first right into the middle of the upper torso, he fluidly vaults of it and moves back up to a different spot on the ceiling in an erratic path completely unrelated to the direction of the attack.

Fancy description for a move action and a Strike, using Move-by Attack and the 1100ft. per round.

Attack roll [roll0], +8 Damage (+10 if surprised and not immune to critical hits)

Ladorak
2010-05-15, 06:26 PM
m[roll0][roll1]
ml[roll2]
pp[roll3]
p[roll4][roll5][roll6]
l[roll7][roll8]
o[roll9]

Nexus springs, silent and deadly he gorges a great chuck out of one of the smaller ones before retreating to safety. It was tough though, and continued to function as it and it's duplicates takes off and flies down the corridor, they open fire at Lamarr and Ozzy, the otter barely dodged the energy blast while the Doctor's technology protected him.
The two larger robots target Panacea and Mala Liath, firing some sort of Sonic cannon, only Mala is caught in the blast, the virus within her body seems to deflect any damage to her senses, intertwined as it was with her nervous system.

Mala is hit with a dazzle effect but saved
Lamarr is hit but takes no damage
1 bruised level for Ozzy
1 bruised level on one of the smaller ones

Unkabear
2010-05-15, 10:47 PM
Ozzy was not happy to be caught in the blast, so he moves in for action.

Springing through the room Ozzy takes four short hops then goes flying. Ozzy jumps through the air to land his tail against the robot that fired upon him and his master.

[roll0] If hits DC 10 Toughness save

Green Bean
2010-05-15, 11:16 PM
Dr. Lamarr felt the blast hit, but fail against his inhuman resilience. "Hah! Your inferior designs are no match for my genius!"

The scientist ducks behind some rubble as he adjusts his Theta device. The chemical content of the nutrient broth within changed slightly, and in seconds specialized bacteria had begun secreting a highly concentrated acid. With a flippant gesture, Dr. Lamarr fires a dose at the robot who fired on him, contained within a thin membrane that burst open upon impact.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
If hits, forces DC 26 Toughness Save + Secondary Effect next round.

Sinistral
2010-05-16, 04:05 AM
Mala Liath stands unharmed in the blast wave, but is severely pissed off. "Is the best the Syndicate weaponry available? I'm not impressed." She whispered softly. She stood directly in front of the robot who shot her. She charged a radiation bolt on her hand. "Now, let's test you defensive technology."

Radiation Control (9) DC 24

Ladorak
2010-05-16, 09:58 AM
Don't forget Henry. Also you need an attack roll for radiation control don't you?
m[roll0]
p[roll1]
p[roll2]
m[roll3]

Your return fire is devastating. Ozzy and his creator combine to down two of the flying robots while Mala Liath leaves a smoldering hole in a third.

Two of the flyers are disabled, one of the big ones is stunned and injured.

Ridai
2010-05-16, 10:27 AM
Nexus speeds along the ceiling and walls before going for a surgical strike against the undamaged big one, aimed at the lower back. Should he penetrate the exterior, the cyborg will slam his fist upwards through the robot's frame. Split seconds afterwards, he was again gone without a trace.

Same procedure as last round.
Attack [roll0], Toughness DC 23 (25 if vulnerable to critical hits)

Unkabear
2010-05-16, 09:23 PM
Ozzy leaps off of the current robot as it falls from the air into his next target.

[roll0] If hits DC 25 Toughness save

Ladorak
2010-05-16, 09:31 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Samuel leaps in, suddenly clothed in black ninja attire with stylised armour at strategic positions. He ten feet into the air his blade lashes through the last of the fliers. Nexus' next attack finds it's target but the massive bulk of the armour leaves him ripping nothing but layers of armour plating.
As Nexus retreats the last robot swivels, attempting to track Nexus and failing. Instead it sights on Dr Lamarr and the hallway suddenly shakes with the concussive blast of the cannon shot, but all it destroys is the rubble Lamarr was hiding behind which is largely turned to dust suddenly billowing out in all directions. Ozzy next tries his paw on the hulking robot, while Nexus has damaged the upper body he knew he would have far better like from below. A blur of damp fur leaps into the body's surface and drops down between the robot's legs. He quickly delivers two precise blows to the robot's legs and then is scurrying away as it comes crashing down

Robot's stunned and injured. Other one's getting up next turn but this fight is basically over.

Ridai
2010-05-17, 05:20 AM
Nexus propels himself at the large, fallen robot, attempting to crush it as fast as possible so they could continue their retreat.

Same as always. Attack [roll0], Toughness DC 23 (25 if vulnerable to critical hits) + 5 because of the critical hit

Sinistral
2010-05-18, 04:26 PM
Mala Liath motioned for her bodyguard to charge the only robot left standing, while she herself dove behind the nearest cover.

Strike (5) Mighty [roll0] Damage 25

Ladorak
2010-05-18, 10:30 PM
In a flash of shining claw and blinding light the robots are finished. Moments later Syndicate troops arrive on the area. Astonished by what they find they immediately begin an sweep of the area, but you simply run right pass them.
An officer is reporting the situation as you race by an angry woman's voice barks down the radio 'They must have the same invisibility as the ship, they're nearby. Lock down the whole area. Seven, you know what to do.' The luckless officer has no chance, already you're in the docking bay. Apparently the Syndicate discovered the Myctophid accidental by ploughing a troopship into it. Syndicate troops swarm over the invisible hull attempting to discover an entrance, you can easily understand how the truly luckless officer mistook the submarine for a ship.
They don't discover the entrance until you open it. Ozzy and Nexus dispatch the only two closest to observe the entrance and the rest are more concerned with their fallen comrade then the Myctophid until Dr Lamarr is at the helm and the sub springs to life, sending them crashing into the water as the sub dives.
You're almost out of the bay when Medea arrives on the scene, assessing things quickly she sends a sparkling arc out into the waters. Like a searchlight in hunts you down and suddenly the Mesmero is reading interference and the Myctophid's hull reverberates as you come under fire. But before any real damage can be done you are clear of the bay, invisibility restored. Storm clouds have gathered suddenly and the sky is lit up by lightning. The brief illumination reveals no Syndicate forces.
Above you can see dark forms moving in the clouds, roaming about and unleashing bolts of lightning down into the ocean. One bolt comes close and the lights of the Myctophid' flicker but then you are away, safe.

Green Bean
2010-05-22, 09:19 AM
Once they are safely away, Dr. Lamarr takes the sub down to the bottom of the ocean before killing propulsion. With no movement and a reduced power signature, it would be virtually impossible for anyone to find them who didn't already know where they were. He gets up out of his seat and heads for the back.

"Now that those Syndicate worms will exhaust themselves looking for something that cannot be found, it is time to speak." He points towards Samuel. "You. You claim you understand what is going on. Explain."

Ladorak
2010-05-22, 09:46 AM
The costume is gone now, Samuel runs his hand through the hair at the back of his neck, suddenly seeming self-conscience 'I didn't say I know, but I do suspect. I have a network of sleeper agents around the Syndicate holdings of America. For weeks I've been getting reports of increased tensions between Red Siren and the rest of the Inner Circle. Then then all reports said everything was unfortunatly well again, now I know that was a cover story, the Syndicate must have kept all information restricted to the higher ups.' He grins suddenly and his face lights up 'I think what we saw there was the first battlefield of the first Syndicate Civil War.'

Green Bean
2010-05-22, 10:07 AM
"Oh, this is too rich. This moves my timetable up by years!" Dr. Lamarr throws his head back and laughs rather disturbingly. "We'll make them turn on each other, like rats!"

Ladorak
2010-05-23, 09:01 PM
Samuel looks at Lamarr askew as his laughter fills the sub 'It's certainly the biggest opputunity we're ever likely to see. That said Red Siren will probably be content to battle for control of the oceans alone and her actions will probably serve to bring the rest of the Syndicate together, at least for now.'

Anyone wanna do anything before I time skip us back to base?

Green Bean
2010-05-23, 09:02 PM
I'm good with a time skip; we've still got those data files to comb through back home.

Ladorak
2010-05-28, 09:15 PM
That was two PL12 and 3 PL8 you took on. Well done from dealing with them so effectively. Hero points all around/

The rest of their surreptitious journey pass in relative silence. Wherever your silence may be the result of idle entertainment, furious planning or cold indifference the result is the same, silence.
Invisible the submarine continues on until it is time to depart. The Myctophid may be scarred but she has brought you home.
Panacea's base has never seem so comforting, the cold steel suddenly taking the special sheen of a safe place and a welcoming home to Lamarr and Ozzy. There is an urgency between the two geniuses, almost overflowing with half formed schemes.
Samuel makes for the entrance out without a word, but as his fingers touch the doorway he turns and regards you. Panacea is already looking over the recovered data, Lamarr is already looking over his shoulder in case his old mentor, very improbably, made a mistake. 'Thank you all for your help tonight. I shall be out of your hair now but I think we'll meet again... Until now and then, if you find yourself overwhelmed speak the name 'Hanzo' and see what happens. Goodnight, be safe until we next meet. I'll see myself out.'