PDA

View Full Version : Liberty, Egality, SCIENCE Group II

Ladorak
2010-04-26, 08:47 AM
You stand together in a darkened room, the only light imitated from a series of seats around a table half vanished in the darkness, there is a seat there for A.MY although it is hardly needed . Doctor Valkyrie and Doctor King recognise each other as they step into the light, but are surprised to see each other. Doctor King recognises no one else. A.MY floats next to Valkyrie, her creator. Helios does not recognise anyone. Valkyrie also knows the Last Power Ranger, who was brought in to provide protection for the Doctor's operations months ago by your unknown benefactor.
Each of you has been brought to this place by your unknown benefactor, united by a common purpose. You all know what is to come, this is what you were promised when you were hidden away years ago, or plucked from death when mercilessly attacked and hounded by the Syndicate. Now you're fully prepared, united with fellow dissidents, this is where it begins.
'Friends,'Another light appears at the centre of the table, highlighting a speaker 'I had hoped to meet with you today, but something unexpected has occurred and I am forced to attend to it.
'As promised operational control remains with you unless in a emergence. This is where your rebellion begins. If you have any questions I will answer as soon as I can, but please introduce yourselves and begin to plan.'

General information: Oliver, Valkyrie and AMY have been expecting this meeting for months, you arrived at this building earlier today by your own means and have been kept waiting for several hours.
Technarch and Helios have simply appeared in the room, probably via teleportation. Both were expecting this to happen but didn't know when.

Raynn
2010-04-26, 01:18 PM
Oliver steps forward, dressed seemingly normally, a red t-shirt, black leather jacket and jeans. Even inside he seems to be wearing a pair of tinted glasses but most likely they're just to hide his face a little more than the bangs the trace the edge of his jaw "my name doesn't really matter but if you're pressed for a name and you don't already know it you can call me Oliver or 'Ollie' when we're not working."

He raises his arm to reveal a large watch like device, but oblong instead of cicular, it seems advanced and electronic, trimmed in places with red and black "I am a Power Ranger, you don't need to know what that is, maybe they're a secret order descended from the templars, the philantropic dream of an alien or an intergalatic police force; what you DO need to know is that I am the Last of my kind, I will do what must be done for this rebellion but if anyone wants to cross me remember something. . ."

He turns away from those he already knows "there's a reason I'm the last one standing."

Those he already knows know Oliver normally displays a far softer more caring side but that he has a darkness underneath the surface that they know time has not healed. They also know his words were merely to put the new arrivals on the back foor about him.

smuchmuch
2010-04-26, 04:28 PM
Amy

Finaly !
Amy had been waiting for ages for that meeting to start. One can only entertain itself with old cartoon reruns for so long (sadly the new ones were crap. Hadn't the syndicate heard the expression "panem et circenses" ?! With such loosy Tv programs, no wonder everyone wanted their guts.).

There is a slight clicking sound comming from the little round hovering robot, and an extremly realistic image of a young girl, about ten maybe a little older appears in the darkness near the empty seat. with a quick movement she moves into the light and "seats". Of course it wasn't real, maybe not even necessary given the present compagny, but most people had somme trouble talking to disembodied voices comming from a metalic frame. Plus the hologram was pretty realistic (it took her lot of computational power to have it react just right to the environement, particulary the lights and the hair's physic, but she was damn proud of the result) and it was alway fun to see how long it took them to catch on.

.. Observation mode.Collecting data.
And speaking of "them"... there were new faces around that table !
While the hologram stays nicely put around the table, Her long brown hair half falling on her face as she tilts her head to listen to 'Olie' doing his little speech the small drone start discretly flying around the room. Hovering around the table it take a good look at all the particpants gathered.

Of course there was mom, still looking good in that armor of her.
Then there was that "Olivier" guy she had alraedy met. He was kinda nice. He didn't look like much at first, kinda dorky. But the thing around his wrist really intruigued her. It wasn't a toy, she'd be able to tell and it looked pretty advanced but nothing she could recognize. She wonders what kind of technology that could be.
..Audio//"I am a Power Ranger, you don't need to know what that is" //
Didn't she know that all too well. She had tried to find out for the last three monthes since they had met for the first time. he refused to tell anything anything and she could find nothing on her own. That was driving her nuts.

The next person was wearing a battlesuit too. It looked impressive with the whole god shtick (kinda pretentious though, if you asked her) but the construction was pretty shody if those energy signatures were any indication. Probably classic ceramic reinforced metalwork on triweaved polyfluorene, good protection for the bearer, sure, but you you couldn't install anything worthwile on it, the energy requirement would be astronom...
//double checking video feed//emotional state: Suprise. Oh woah
Helios own little solar system find itself with a temporary new mechanical satelite. How did he do that ? A mini fission reactor ? No way, the radiations reading would be off the chart. Fusion ? Nah the reactor would the the size of a small house at least. Something with that new Bothman quantic field effect maybe ? (she had readed all the related articles, they were full of mistakes she had corrected, she predicted 85% chances this would be a bust, but it still sounded fascinating. But the syndicate had taken over and locked down any infos on that research. Stupid syndicate.) Anyway, She had to know.

And the last one. He looked like a pretty normal guy. Wich is why he was probably the weirdest of this particular lot. What secret did he hold ? She was going to keep an eye on him

It's little tour of the table finished, spehere drone get back to it's starting point over vakyrie's Shoulder as Olivier finishes
..Audio//"there's a reason I'm the last one standing."//
Drama queen. HoloAmy hide her face between her hands, to hide the little smile on her face. Normaly Amy fully control what appears on her avatar, but sometimes it changed involuntary, to mimic her thoughts. I bet you keep ressassing that whole speech in your head for the last few hours just to get it right.
After a waiting a few seconds for the effct of "Mr last one off his kind" speech to dissipate (He sure knew how to kill the mood), holoAmy waves around
"Hi, my name is Amy" 'she' smiles a little awkwardly as the gauging stares in front of her. "I'm good with computers, like real good. I'm pretty inteligent too. Right mom ?" she takes a pleading look at Valkyrie before continuing "And I'm good at finding stuff out. Plus I know plenty of friends who can do favors for me. And I guess that's it really. she finishes with a smile.

Sorry for the long post, but I found the personality section of my backstorry somewhat lacking so i'd though I'd establish how the character thinks in the first post.

SuperMuldoon
2010-04-26, 08:35 PM
Helios

The world seemed to elongate and then snap back into place, and Helios had arrived at the meeting with a slight nauseous feeling that quickly passed. The teleport came as a slight surprise, but once he saw the faces around the table, though unfamiliar they were, he knew where he was. He stood by while some of the attendees introduced themselves, first a young man wearing street clothes. He didn't look like much, besides that device on his wrist which must be quite powerful, as Helios knew that everyone at the meeting was quite capable. Oliver, as he had called himself, seemed to have quite a personal grudge against the Syndicate. Something that he was keeping inside. That could be quite powerful if controlled, if he lost that control he could turn into a loose cannon. Better keep an eye on him.

The next to introduce themself was a small spherical droid construct, which quickly put on the holographic image of a cute little girl. Obviously trying to appear non-threatening to a human observer... Helios thought to himself. His suit had detected a signal coming from 'her' analyzing his suit. He almost chuckles to himself and thinks Good little one, be in awe of power I control!

When AMY's introduction is done, Helios waits a moment and then steps forward. The room is filled with a dim, warming light radiating from his suit. He looks to each attendee before speaking. "You are all unfamiliar to me, though you might have been familiar with me in my past life. I was Dr. Horace E. Lios, but that was years ago. The Syndicate took everything from that man, and left him for dead. My life's work...DESTROYED!" Helios clenches his fist and the light grows brighter and hotter for a moment before returning to its previous dim glow. "However, I was reborn anew in the form you see before you. Now I am here for the same reasons you all are, to see the Syndicate purged from the face of the Earth! I look forward to lending my power and knowledge to yours in pursuit of the annihilation of the Syndicate once and for all." He finishes and then gives one last look at the others before stepping back, the light dimming out as he returns to his original position.

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-26, 10:53 PM
Technarch

"Yes, the Syndicate has taken from us all." the thin, plain-looking man in the white labcoat said. He brushed the unkempt, black hair from his strange, metallic gray eyes and looked over those assembled. "I am Dr. Milton King. It's good to finally meet all of you, and I look forward to working with you towards our goal." he smiled nervously.

Milton looked the part of the nutty professor. All he happened to be missing was the glasses and the bad teeth. He looked plain and unassuming, except for the oddly colored eyes. He didn't seem to have any obvious powers, though in this day and age that was no real indication of superhuman potential. Underneath the labcoat he wore a black turtleneck, dress pants, and dirty sneakers.

To Amy (via Datalink): Excuse me, little one, said Milton's digitized voice directly to Amy's transmitter, Your design is brilliant, from what I can observe of you with mere human senses. I look forward to working with you very much! Milton smiled at Amy's robotic form instead of the hologram that she had projected, looking almost paternal. He gave no indication that he was communicating with her. If I may ask, is that woman there your maker?

Da Beast
2010-04-26, 11:26 PM
Valkyrie is a young woman of average height, somewhere in her late teens or early twenties. She has short brown hair and hard, green eyes that look like they've seen too many harsh times for one so young. She's dressed in a suit of power armor bulky enough that only a hint of femininity shows through in the body's shape with a long, black cape. The armor is blue and silver with Valkyrie's emblem, a sword imposed over a winged gear, in black on the chest and larger and in white on the back of the cape. Her helmet sits on the table with her gauntlet clad hand resting on top of it. If this were a trap we'd probably all be dead by now. Unless they're hoping to get some information out of us first. Stay on your guard. She grimaces slightly when Amy calls her "Mom." The AI program she had salvaged from Freedom University's dumpsters five years ago was useful and had been her only friend through many hard times, but the mother/daughter dynamic Amy tried to fit their relationship into had always been kind of creepy. She listened as the other members continued their introductions. The Dr Lios? I thought he was dead. Perhaps the enemy of my enemy is my friend. At least until Daedalus is dead.

"Greetings. I am the Valkyrie, and I am here for the same reason as the rest of you: to end the Tyranny Syndicate once and for all. To that end, we must start by weakening their grip on Empire City. Daedalus supplies the league with technology and Metropolis provides information, so they should be our priority targets. Metropolis is almost impossible to pin down within Empire City, so I plan on going after Daedalus." As she sits back down Valkyrie looks defiantly around the room, almost as if challenging anyone to disagree.

smuchmuch
2010-04-27, 11:12 AM
Amy

..Emotional matrix:reaction:Internal sigh. And here she goes again.. It alway saddened Amy a bit when Mom putted her personnal grudges forward under the cover of logic. or maybe she didn't realised it any more. He wasn't alone though, Olie and E.lios...
E.Lios. Helios. Gee what an awfull pun. If that was his real name no wonder he went unhinged.
Anyway...there was no mistaking it, the way these two spoke, you could feel they were dead serious. these guys would brought the whole city to shred for their revenge.
..Emotional matrix:reaction:Internal smile.And I was afraid it would get borring.

Wich leaved the last one. while HoloAmy simply nod and listen at the conversation, SphereAmy swoops slilently in the darkness, closing in on Technarch. Hovering around, the three green lenses of it's visual captor focusses on him as the construct scanns hims from the head to the feets. she answers

..Transmiting.
"Yup. At least, she layed most of the real work, I'm state of the art. That's why she's my mom." slight emphasis on that last world, obviously she find it much more suitable than creator. She sounds almost pleading as she adds "it's important to use the right term."

..Scan results:No electronic activity detected
There is a small pause as it keeps scanning, paticulary the region around the cranium "What are" you ? You're not a robot, not even a cyborg, I would know. are you a psychic ? I don't think I have ever met one. Nah, I don't think they even exist. So how do you do it ? Where did you learn ? Does it gives a headache ?"
There is another pause. Amy lenses focusses, she makes no effort to hide her obvious interest "Most importantly... are you sure you belong here ? don't take it badly, but you look almost sane."

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-27, 11:33 AM
Technarch

..Transmiting.
"Yup. At least, she layed most of the real work, I'm state of the art. That's why she's my mom." slight emphasis on that last world, obviously she find it much more suitable than creator. She sounds almost pleding as he adds "it's important to usesthe right term."
..Scann:No electronic activity detected
There is a small pause as it keeps scanning, paticulary the region around the cranium "What are" you ? You're not a robot, not even a cyborg, I would know. are you a psychic ? I don't think I have ever met one. Nah, I don't think they even exist. So how do you do it ? Where did you learn ? Does it gives a headache ?"
there is another pause. Amy lenses focusses, she makes no effort to hide her obvious interest "Most importantly... are you sure you belong here ? you look almost sane."

Datalink: No, not a psychic. If you scan my cells you'll find billions of microscopic nanomachines. They were originally designed as a techno-organic virus for the Syndicate to infect men and machines and control them, but we've come to a sort of understanding. he "said" as he clasped his hands in front of him. I am able to speak to you directly in this way because the nanobots have constructed a transmitter within the temporal lobe of my neocortex. In fact, much of my human brain has been rewired to perform in a way similar to a computer. They're very useful little cybernetic organisms, don't you think? he transmitted as he sat down at the table. He kept up with the conversation at large, easily multitasking while he conferred with Amy. Ah, as for why I'm here. Allow me to show you. It will require less verbal explanation.
Download Request...Unknown Signal...audio and visual files with accompanying text.

Assuming Amy accepted the download from Milton's brain, she would see several memory files from his point of view. They were scenes from his personal history: news of his brother's death at the hands of Bolt, deciding to sabotage the weapons and technology that he was designing, Talos storming into Milton's lab and the ensuing destruction, Milton being dug out of a pile of rubble by huge, bipedal cybernetic organisms that apparently used to be excavator vehicles, Milton staring into a mirror as the whites of his eyes crawled with what looked like circuits, looking past Milton's hands as he created a cybernetic jack russel terrier out of a toaster, etc. (Read Milton's backstory for more.)

Do you understand now, Amy? Milton transmitted after allowing her a few seconds to process the information.

"Daedalus is certainly an important figure in their organization, but if we are going to make him our objective we will need to whittle away his support structure and power base. He has several powerful...individuals...on retainer that may hinder the process. I have had an encounter with Talos before...it did not end pleasantly. I barely made it out alive, in fact." Milton said in response to Valkyrie's suggested plan of action. "Perhaps we should start lower on the totem pole and work our way to Daedalus and the other members of the Syndicate's ruling council?"

Ladorak
2010-04-27, 12:11 PM
Knowledge: Civics and Knowledge: Pop Culture for everyone who has 'em please.

smuchmuch
2010-04-27, 01:13 PM
Amy

"I dunno. Most of the syndicates top heads aren't that stupid, you know ?." HoloAmy doesn't look to unthusiastic.
If we start elliminating the top middle figures, there's no way that will stay unoticed, so we'll have to be very quick about moving to the next step or else they'll figure out something major is up." The AI is weigthing her words as she speaks. She wants to make clear she isn't insulting anyone inteligence here. Inteligence isn't the obstacle here, it's the planet sized (especialy for the astronomer, eh.) egos, these people look ike they believe they could take on an entire governement (no matter how evil and corrupt it may be) by themselves. "And if we move from "persistent pests" to "real threat" to them, they'll commit much more forces on actively hunting us. And that is not a tenable position for us the long run." she's sounds pretty sure about that last part. she is. she has run simulations and none of the results are realy good.

"We'd need popular support for that and I'm pretty sure we haven't got it. Neither do we have the time to build it, it would take years." maybe someone else popularity they culd leach ? somme research to do about that "Maybe if there was somme infighting in the syndicate we could take profit off ? I heard purges in the command structure weren't that uncommon."

Meanwhile SphereAmy is still going witth he datalink discution.

"No need to be condescending. I know what nanomachines are. I didn't though anything that advanced existed in the field, though. That's pretty cool."
Transmition acepted//Uploading//Scanning for malveillant software............................Nothing found.
Amy takes a the memories. That's Talos ? He's really somme kind off metalic giant ? I thought the storries about him were made up. I feel so small. And looks at them again. And again in details, it takes her only a few seconds but she's obviously impressed. Maybe she was being unkind with all the people around the table if they all had that kind of experience, no wonder they were messed up.
"The syndicate really screwed up your life too. Well things will get better I'm sure." Actualy she didn't really believe it but there was no point in sharring her pessimism about the whole thing, that guy obviously didn't need that."We'll get them"
After that the robot seems to slowly move away from King, back over Valkyrie's left shoulder. Either she had lost somme interest or she's thinking quietly for once.

OOc:
[roll0] knowlege civics
[roll1] knowlege pop culture

Raynn
2010-04-27, 03:15 PM
Oliver speaks up, the most normal looking of the group "we need to stay as unknown as possible, if we're noticed by the public than the Syndicate will want to put us down as a message to other 'goodie two shoes', if we do damage stealthily than the lower level management will keep us under wraps so that they don't have to go to the syndicate with no answers, others will likely think we're just competition or that the damage we cause is simply infighting among the rank and file. To sum it up, the more unknown we are the better. . ."

He stops for a moment and glances at the arrayed intellectuals "until the time is right, when we've made the syndicate look vulnerable, maybe take out one of their members, then we send a message, we broadcast one message, one sign, across every syndicate controlled station. . . "

He smiles, realising how much like a saturday morning cartoon he must sound, but he likes corny, because she liked it when he was "we stay hidden, and when the time is right; we give back the one thing the Syndicate took from Empire City that this city needs the most. We give them Hope."

Knowledge Pop Culture: [roll0]

Ladorak
2010-04-27, 03:28 PM
AMY: Civics: Unlike most of the other Syndicate Inner Circle members Daedalus has not carved out a 'turf' for himself. Instead he controls fortified factories and laboratories all over the world, an organisation called Hephaestus.

Pop Culture: Talos' organisation is largely run by the vampire Keres and his 'brood.' Briefly, before Talos or Daedalus put a stop to it, they were minor celebrities, feared by many, and desired by some. It is impossible to know if Keres and his Brood are less obvious with their feeding nowadays, or if the media has simply stopped reporting it.

While most assume the Brood's origin to be Talos' genetics work the truth is they are a reanimated curse given flesh during one of Talos' few dealings with Daedalus' other lieutenant Medea. They are vampires straight from myth.

Da Beast
2010-04-27, 05:02 PM
"Attacking one of the Syndicate directly would be suicide. However, anyone as arrogant as them must have weaknesses, and the further we get from the top the more obvious they'll be. I've been hoping to disassemble his power base starting with his resources, most likely hitting his mines or refinement facilities. The latter option seems best, as refineries tend to have many unskilled workers with whom an infiltrator could blend in, volatile chemicals to be used in the demolition, and are much more time consuming and costly to rebuild than a mine."

I don't have any ranks in civics or pop culture, but I do have Eidetic Memory and +10 int.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Raynn
2010-04-27, 05:41 PM
"That sounds like a good plan. We should locate as many of Daedalus' facilities in Empire City and attack a handful in quick succession. I have a base we can operate from, that should go undetected, but how will we go about locating our targets, these refineries and laboratories?"

He questions the whole group.

Da Beast
2010-04-27, 06:14 PM
Realistically, it shouldn't be too hard. Refineries, factories and the like are huge installations that are hard to hide, and with the entire world under their heal the syndicate wouldn't have much need to hide them anyway. They'd also have lots of low level blue collar workers that need places to live and watering holes to kick back at after work. If we can't find a Syndicate instillation by just cruising around the industrial sector for a few hours, then checking the bars would be a good place to start.

Ladorak
2010-04-28, 10:59 AM
'Daedalus has no need of mines, although you'd have no way to know that, selfish despot as he is. Project Eden was completed five years ago, Daedalus has the technology to transform energy into matter and matter into energy. If not for the power constraints he would be a new god. As it is any Hephaestus installation can synthesize any material they need.
'I am sorry to interrupt you. I am also sorry that I am invoking the Emergency Clause of our agreement. Several situations have occurred and I need your help with one of them. I am dispatching one of my agents to your location, he will be there presently. I have uploaded all of the relevant data to Oliver's robotic companion. He will brief you and then my agent will teleport you to the relevant location.'

Civics: Unlike most of the other Syndicate Inner Circle members Daedalus has not carved out a 'turf' for himself. Instead he controls fortified factories and laboratories all over the world, an organisation called Hephaestus.

Pop Culture: Talos' organisation is largely run by the vampire Keres and his 'brood.' Briefly, before Talos or Daedalus put a stop to it, they were minor celebrities, feared by many, and desired by some. It is impossible to know if Keres and his Brood are less obvious with their feeding nowadays, or if the media has simply stopped reporting it.

While most assume the Brood's origin to be Talos' genetics work the truth is they are a reanimated curse given flesh during one of Talos' few dealings with Daedalus' other lieutenant Medea. They are vampires straight from myth. The scientific resurrection of an extinct entirely magical species.

Raynn
2010-04-28, 03:25 PM
Oliver holds a button down on his morpher "Red ranger to Digit, come in, you were just sent a data stream, bullet points please, a.s.a.p."

Oliver waits for Digit to reply.

smuchmuch
2010-04-28, 05:05 PM
we need to stay as unknown as possible...

Damn.There goes my plan of ending the sindicate in great song and dance number.
And she had such a great choregraphy picked up too.

Amy listen disctractedly at the rest of the meeting. The only point that really get her intertest is the metion to project Eden. Complete mater transmutation. The dream of the ancient alchemist, the goal of modern physics. She could only fathom how that could work. Yet another thing she swore herself to find out.

"The power requirements must be astronomical, tough, so if it comes to find those Haphaestus facilities.Geez, why hephaestus anyway ? I mean, Medea, heaphaestus, Talos, Daedalus, Helios, Valkyrie, Thor why alway the greek and the norse mythlogy ? Give me somme Guan Yu or somme Arawn for a change." It should be noted at his point, as this little speech as well as her suprised reaction in front of footage of talos, that she doesn't believe any of the greek mythos themed member of the syndicate to be the real deal, just people who took pseudonyms and legends for their own profit. Realising she's getting awfully sidetracked, she gets back to what she was saying. "So, yeah lots of power needed I'd say. Especialy for such use as heavy production. Instead off tracking shipements, we'll track power routes and energy spikes. Plus there's the praticular diet of the brood. If lots of people are bleeded to death in an area, that should be easy to track down. Good thing there's no such thing as a free energy source though, or else we'd be really screwed"
A (very) carefull obsever could see that at this worlds, while HoloAmy doesn't seem to move her attention, Spehereamy do take a very short look at E.Lios. She doesn't know of course but she does have her suspicions and those readings still bugs her.

"Red ranger to Digit, come in, you were just sent a data stream, bullet points please, a.s.a.p."

"Digit. what kind of name is that ?" should you really be one to talk A.M.I called Amy ? Usualy she isn't that picky on names, she's probably just jalous because she wasn't send the data. It's as if they didnt trust her to be mature and reliable. One has to wonder why. "What this mission anyway ?"

Raynn
2010-04-28, 05:09 PM
Oliver looked up from the morpher and smiled at Amy "my friend Sarah named him."

SuperMuldoon
2010-04-28, 06:20 PM
Helios

Helios puts his hand to his chin. "I agree with the general strategy of destroying their power-base. While I am loathe to admit it, we do not have the combat capability to attack them head on...yet. However, like any foe, if we take out the legs the head shall fall! These Hephaestus installations shall make a suitable target, as well as a good test of our teamwork."

Ladorak
2010-04-28, 06:35 PM
Hello sir. I have just finished assimilating the data and was about to call you. Oh dear... 103 years ago Omega left a cosmic-energy bomb on our Earth capable of destroying all life. Incredibly that was only part of a greater plan.
'An identical bomb has just materialised and has been taken by Daedalus' agents. The bomb itself is easily disarmed, it's detonator is a 'cosmic energy lightning rod' of sorts. If it's removed it completely disarms the device. There is no other like it on Earth, nor can it ever be manufactured Thus, taking the rod guarantees no one can rearm the bomb. Whoever rudely disturbed me wishes you to know an agent is coming who will help you ambush those with the bomb before Daedalus reinforces the area.'

'That'll be me.' The voice comes from a darkened corner of the room, an instant later the lights turn back on, plunging the room. into a sudden pale glow and sharp relief. 'The name's Magpie. Sorry if I turned the lights on too fast, I can't stand the boss' overly dramatic stuff. I would have announced myself earlier but the robot was speaking.'

He approaches the table, he's a short man with a diffident demeanour, he speaks with the hint of a French accent. He's looks to be in the late 20s, but with Syndicate technology that could mean anything between 20 and 50. His eyes constantly dart about the room. 'We can save the social stuff for later. We're going to a Hephaestus installation in Southern Italy. Are we all clear on what we have to do?'

smuchmuch
2010-04-28, 06:59 PM
Amy

"Stealing the bomb because having our own device of cosmic destruction to reverse engineer would be pretty cool ?" answered Amy who was perfectly aware that probably wasn't the expected answer but liked that option better "Think of the possibilities !"

Apparently, given the cold stare she gets, they did.
"Okay fine. would that be: intercept the convoy before it get into the instalation, remove the rod and disarm the bomb once and for all, by any mean ?
Is There anything else we should know ? Yknow to make sure we don't activate it accidentaly or the like."

Da Beast
2010-04-28, 08:11 PM
"What do we know about the battle ground? How much opposition can we expect and what sort of terrain will we be fighting on?"

Raynn
2010-04-29, 02:09 AM
Oliver removes his hand from the morpher and nods at the new arrival "When do we leave?"

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-29, 10:07 AM
Technarch

For the most part, Dr. King was content to just listen to the planning stages for the moment. Most of the questions that had first come to mind had already been asked, so he didn't really have anything to add, and he wasn't prone to simply talking to listen to his own voice. Instead, he observed the newcomer and gathered data about the mission and those involved. He did have one pertinent question, however.

"I would like to know something. Assuming the heist goes off without a hitch, what exactly are we planning on doing with the 'cosmic lightning rod' once we have it? In my opinion, knowing that would be just as important if not moreso than how we're going to get it."

Ladorak
2010-04-29, 12:16 PM
He smiles, raising an arm as if to fend you off. 'One at a time, please. Firstly, we leave now. I have to take us through a series of jumps to ensure we can not be traced back here.' A luminescent doorway opens behind him 'That'll give us sometime to talk. To be honest the idea of stealing the thing did appeal to me, but apparently it's far too big to move. We'll discuss the rest on the way, follow me.'
He steps backward and disappears into the portal.

Da Beast
2010-04-29, 04:34 PM
Valkyrie fits her helmet over her head, the eyes lighting up as the helmet seals in place. She then walks boldly through the portal.

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-29, 04:45 PM
Technarch

Dr. King merely shrugged and, pulling his labcoat tighter around his shoulders as if to ward off a chill, walked through the portal. He stopped several times to examine the rift in space/time, especially the edges, and made a couple of noises to himself before finally disappearing through.

Raynn
2010-04-29, 05:08 PM
Once more into the breach, and Sarah said not to be reckless. . . Olive thought as he passed through the portal, he had seen some strange things since becoming a ranger and had been teleported more times than he could count so the portal did not phase him.

smuchmuch
2010-04-29, 05:51 PM
Amy

Amy is somewhat slightly worried. It has got to be the first time she get so far from empire city, And so far from home it is doubtfull she will be able to maintain the numerous constant liasion with her additional hardware storred at homebase, wich would hamper her speed and efficiency. But on the other hand she gets to see new places and wreack havoc in new and entertaining ways. So it's worth the temporary partial lobotomy.

After a few curious scans on the portal itself, Amy steps though it and follow Valkirie.

Ladorak
2010-04-30, 02:40 PM
Magpie leads you through a series of portals. On the way you see mountains lit up by the last rays of a setting sun, a desert shimmering in the midday heat, forests and wastelands. The only common theme is the distinct lack of anyone else. As you travel he explains. 'What you do with the rod is your business. The boss hasn't given me any instructions to the contrary. As for the heist itself... It's a simple smash and grab, only not as simple. All Hephaestus facilities are based on one of a handful of blueprints and modified according to circumstance. From this one's size and external architecture I can tell which blueprint has been used. Sneaking or teleporting in is impossible given the urgent nature of all this, so basically we bust down the front door. From there we need to access the teleportal platform room. Once we're there we take it offline. Then we bust into the main room, get the rod and get out. There'll be a dozen to two dozen guards in the facility, nothing we can't handle, plus whoever's in charge. Daedalus rotates facility heads regularly, so there's no one to know who's there, but all his chosen men and women have powers of some sort. Of course, if we let the alarm sound too long before we shut off the teleportal who knows what'll come down on us. Oh, and Talos is on his way here with Echidna, don't have an ETA on that, but we really don't want to be there when they arrive.' He pauses, leaving you all standing amid the desolated ruins of what once could have been anything from a small warehouse to a large pub, the damage is so extensive you couldn't possibly tell. 'Last jump, and this one isn't the one home Sam Beckett, ' he smiles the smile of a man who knows no one else will get the joke, grim and defiant 'We have to land two miles from the facilitiy. Everybody knows to stay well clear of Hephaestus so unless we run into a patrol it should be clear sailing.' The final portal opens up, leading you into the unknown.
The unknown turns out to be the remains of a vineyard long left abandoned. The earth is still ploughed into rows, dark wooden stakes still stand in lines awaiting the next crop. But all that grow here are weeds. Once Magpie points you in the right direction you're gratified to see a fairly dense forest you can sneak through, although rather less gratified that Magpie is now to the back of your little group.

smuchmuch
2010-05-01, 09:16 AM
Amy

"Oh, boy..."
How old is that guy ?
Her uncanny talent to spot ancient TV show references aside, Amy pause two seconds before antering the last portal to ask:
"Wait. When you say : "Oh, and Talos is on his way here with Echidna, don't have an ETA on that" You mean he isn't comming through teleporter ? Cause if he isn't," Amy holoprojector makes a small image of Talos, thanks to Milton's image files, she can manage quite a good likeness, appears in front of her "I can make it much bigger of course.Does he use a special frequency to communicate with the hephaestus stations ? Maybe we could get the guards to opening the door for us or at least get close enough to get to that telport pad without risking the alarm ringing to soon. "

Ladorak
2010-05-01, 09:54 AM
'Interesting idea, give me a second... He starts typing on the PDA attacked to his wrist, but after a few seconds he shrugs 'No good, I can't hack them from here, I don't suppose you'd like to give it a try?'

smuchmuch
2010-05-01, 10:07 AM
"Sure."
//Activating reciever//sarching//Analysing recieved feed....//Compiling//initiating ICEbreaker.
Amy will first try to capt a few service transmition comming from the Hephaestus station to see how their encryption works. Then she'll try to hack herself into the network. Normaly Amy would take risk while doing that kind of things, trying variant or bumping the chalenge for fun, but due to the situation, Amy will try to play it simple and safe. If there's too great a risk she'd be detected or it would take too long, she'll quickly whipe any trace of her entry attempt and cut out the liason.

Using datalink (8) to establish the connection with the local Hephaestus network.
Hacking Computer roll [roll0]

Ladorak
2010-05-01, 10:43 AM
AMY gets into the system without being traced, she is in there for almost half a minute before she locates Talos' private frequency.

'Right, here's a picture (http://homepage.mac.com/cheethorne/Starcraft/images/overlord.jpg) of Echidna. She's huge, so make her as big as you can. If you can't manage big enough... Well, most people, even those working for Talos have only heard of her. Oh, and you have to project her up there as well. She flies.'

Nomally looking forthe file would take 10 minutes but quickness 4 knocks it down to just under half a minute. The DC is 25 to find a file so I didn't bother rolling for you. Ignore the background in the picture, there's only meant to be one of her.

smuchmuch
2010-05-01, 12:14 PM
Amy

"Okay. I'm in. Wait"
//Searching..............
"Waiiiit"
//File found.//Decryption............done.
Amy let a little ringing sound.
"And I've got his personal frequency now.
Since that could be an avantage in the future if they don't discover it, I'll try to eliminate any trace of our passage from the security system once where done. But as a bonus, it would be appreciable if you guy made sure there isn't any witnesses left to blab about our little plan. I don't supose anyone here got somme forgetty mind control power ?" Amy takes a look at the present compagny "Or I suppose you could just slaughter them all. Wichever works best for you."

"Ugly. Aren't Echinoderms marine lifeforms anyway ? How the hell does it float ?" comments Amy while taking a look at Echidna picture. She start calculating on the best way to use her holoprojector to create two such huge ilusions. "I don't know how far I can go. This as got to be the first time I push the projector so far"
Concentrating, she first make appears in front of Magpie an image Talos with as much likeness and as close as real size as she can manage .Then, using what calculating power she has left, she creates another image of the floating abomination. This one is not as well rendered and far from real size, even if has far as she can manage, but the angle and general details are calculated so It looks like it's a lot further from the observer that it's really is, as if the monster was floating far and high in the distance.
" It will only fully works seen from under, though. if there was somme observer in the air, the second image would have a certain flatness to them. "You tell me if thats good enough. I could force myself to create a better one but I don't know how long that would last."

Just for to test, Amy makes the illusion moves a bit, turn around to face the others and talk.
"So do ANY of you, MISERABLE FELSHSACKS have something to say about that PLAN that DOES INVOLVE, I, the MIGHTY TALOS ?". That probably would feel more convincing if she had resisted the urge to add him somme clown makeup and pink tutu half sentence.

Basicaly casting two very large illusions. Amy hasn't crossed the last portal yet. she's just showing what she can do to Magpie to get it right for when the plan will comme in action..
There isn't a real limitation on illusion size and likeness in the manual so I assume Amy, with her three rank in progression, can do this stuff up to a point.
You tell me if Im going too far from what the character should be able to do. (after all she's just a small robot with a refited impoved futuristic 3d, projector, not somme magical archillusionist)

Ladorak
2010-05-01, 02:40 PM
If a normal illusion covers a 5 foot radius then 3 progressions covers a 50 foot radius, not big enough to do Echidna justice but more than enough for Talos. Making it look like she's/it's higher then it actually is would work. Obviously the illusion has to stand up to inital inspection or what would be the point? Admittedly when the hologram speaks that raises some tech questions but I've always been more of a DC than Marvel man when it comes to what tech should do in comics;and I'm sure a talking holograph is way within the Marvel spectrum anyway. It's all fine with me. I'll give the others some time to react before I move things on.

Raynn
2010-05-01, 06:31 PM
Oliver looks up at the Talos Hologram unphased "I say we try the direct approach like Magpie seems to wish."

He turns away and begins to move in the direction of the target motioning for the others to follow "common guys, I haven't got all day, it's clobberrin' time as they say."

Da Beast
2010-05-02, 07:06 AM
Valkyrie smiles at her robot companion from underneath her mask.

"The rest of us will hide inside your Echidna hologram until it is time to strike. Perhaps I can do something to boost its size..."

is there anyway I can use my gadget points to apply a few more progression feats to Amy's hologram? Not really sure if I can apply affects others to a power feat.

Raynn
2010-05-02, 10:21 AM
There should be some way to do it through the boost power, though I can't be sure off the top of my head.

Da Beast
2010-05-02, 09:46 PM
How many ranks of progression would it take to get a full sized Echidna?

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-02, 11:35 PM
Technarch

Dr. King looked a little nervous as he tried to keep a low profile and go with whatever the others had planned. He'd be of more use once they got to the research base and the heist commenced.

Ladorak
2010-05-03, 03:57 AM
Don't think you can boost the progression feat but I'll allow it because it's a good idea. Boosting it one rank should be enough, up to 100 feet radius.

SuperMuldoon
2010-05-03, 11:34 AM
Helios

"Ah, most impressive little one." Helios says looking at the huge illusion. "It should do nicely, however I have my own means of approaching undetected." While he says this, one of the orbiting spheres rotates to the back of his suit and locks into place.

Helios' suit flashes information as the PLANET module lends it's power to the main suit.
--=PLANET System Engaged. URANUS module activated.=--

With the module activated, Helios' form shimmers and then disappears from sight.

Da Beast
2010-05-03, 04:09 PM
Gadget points
2 boost progression 1 (slow fades 1)
4 flight 2 (brings total ranks to 3)
1 improved aim
1 power attack
1 all out attack
1 take down attack

I'd make a Uranus joke, but it seems out of character

smuchmuch
2010-05-03, 04:28 PM
Amy

"Who would have thought you could hide so many things in the shadows of ..." an invisible but still somewhat perceptable and eloquently stern look from the familiar white helmet tells her not to finish that joke, no matter how in character that would from her.

Amy tries out the device Valkyrie just fixed on her. For a short moment many of her subroutines calculated faster, allowing her to allow more power to holoprojector and the Echinida image seems to grow to more sizable proportions without loosing details before Amy completly cut the images.
"Seems to work fine. I'll reactivate them when we'll be nearer to the factory. Just give me the signal. I'll send the communication just after.Once the door will be opened, I'll try to get them to assemble in the courtyard, so be ready for somme groupshots."
That said, Amy float through the last portal, ready to pass through it.

So if we're all more or less agreed, could someone with master plan roll intelligence ? (I only realise now I forgot to give it to Amy and since other characters already have it, that would just be redundant to give it to her now.

Ladorak
2010-05-03, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I'll skip us right to the gate (Well, it's not really a gate, but you know what I mean) tomorrow. So if you have Master Plan or anything like that now's the time to let me know.

Da Beast
2010-05-03, 04:43 PM
[roll0]

This is a mad scientist game. We can never have too many master plans :smallbiggrin:.

Ladorak: I'm still waiting for an answer in the OoC thread

SuperMuldoon
2010-05-03, 08:48 PM
[roll0]

I know, everyone wants to make a Uranus joke :smalltongue:

Raynn
2010-05-04, 05:23 PM
Master Plan: [roll0]

Not sure with Mythweavers down:smallfrown:

smuchmuch
2010-05-05, 07:28 AM
I caved in uder peer pressure. I'm a sheep.
Master plan [roll0] I dropped 4 skill points to get it (2 in gather info and 2 in search)
So I don't suppose all those master plan bonuses are cumulative ?

edit: Ouch , a nat 1.... that doesn't bode well....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you'll allow it I'd like to drop 1 point in SphereBot reflex bonus to get obcsure as an alt power to illusion.

Amy is taking a look at the nearing Hephestus facility while humaing the mission impossible theme.

While advancing she allow herself to take another quick jab at the hephaestus security system in order to learn a few systems that would make her fake talos tranmition more credible. Who (or what) is in charge of the base ? How many men ? And maybe a vague idea of what to expect (if she can do that without a risk of being caught)

Ladorak
2010-05-05, 02:22 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

A short clipped conversation follows over the radio. The guard is obviously suspicious of AMY's line of questioning but ultimately is totally bamboozled by her. While AMY may have very little information as to how Talos acts the Officer at the end of the line has clearly never conversed with him. He reveals that Keres is currently in charge of this installation.

The base does not have a courtyard so instead AMY convinces an Honour Guard to turn out for Talos' appearance outside the front door itself. Three units have been turned out, each one separated into two groups of five. Everyone of them are wearing a gunmetal grey suit of armour that gives them a distinctly insectoid look. Two glowing blue poles extend roughly a foot from their backs. Their weapons (Standard issue Plasma Rifles) are slung over their backs.

Two others stand before them, their armour coloured red. They are the Duty Officers, it was to one of them that AMY has been communicating.

The hologram of the bloated swollen form of Echidna glides over them, it's massive tentacles waving lazily about. The field easily conceals your whole group. When 'Talos' finally stops before the two officers they salute, suddenly the men behind them do so too with a unison that leaves Valkyrie wondering if they are human at all...

One of the officers speaks, his voice tinny and distorted through his helmet 'Sir, welcome to Hephaestus facility Campania. I am Lieutenant Richmond this is Lieutenant Rook. It's an honour Sir. Facility Director Keres has asked me to take you straight to him.'

Da Beast
2010-05-05, 04:02 PM
Valkyrie whispers to Amy over the groups communication "Just stay calm and remember, the more confident you act the more likely they are to believe you."

with my 5 new points, gadgets will be
2 boost progression 1 (slow fades 1)
6 flight 3 (brings total ranks to 4)
2 invisibility (all visual senses, passive and blending flaws)
1 stunning attack
1 improved aim
1 power attack
1 all out attack
1 take down attack

smuchmuch
2010-05-05, 07:54 PM
Amy

"keres. Oh ****." comments Amy half for hersel and half for the team crypted datalink. "No way I'll be able to fool Talos own lieutenant, so i'll try to make the most of it while I can."

//Starting program: Let's get this show on the road.

"And I will listen to his repport with INTEREST."
There is a subtle hint of threat in 'Talos' voice has if Keres had screwed up badly, or ,worse, betrayed and was about to get what was comming to him.
"But not YET. There is a reason I asked you and your men to regroup here. The situation has reached unforseen critical levels and I have new ORDERS." If anyone tries to ask anything more, 'Talos' stare will simply stare at them. Those impassible bronze eyes express elloquently that their interlocutor know anything he need to know to acomplish his mission, his complete and utter insignificance, his role as tool made to obey not question and that any more insistance will get them a hard lesson about respecting the chain of command.
"These instructions are for you and your men alone. They are NOT to be repeated and are too sensitive to be discussed on an open channel no matter the situation.
This facility will be attacked by DANGEROUS elements at any moment. They are powerfull and are NOT to set even one foot in this facility as they might temper with our security systems" Is there a worst lie than the thruth ? If Amy had a heartrate it would be pumping up as her adrenaline would rush to her head. As it is she's well aware she's taking a huge risk here buton the other hand this is just too fun for her to stop now "We believe our communication and teleportation system have been compromised.
Thankfully we know of their plans. Lieutenant Rook you will take twenty five mens with you and reinforce the outside patrols in the southern perimeter." She say Northern if the portal they camme in is situated at the south, in short the oposite of where they camme fromm. "Lieutenant Richmond, if the outside interception fails, this facility must be ready for an eventual complete lockdown in twenty minutes at worst. Before we meet with Director Keres, I will survey you PERSONNALY as you take five of your men and disable the telportation platform. You have your orders, move out. NOW"

By datalink:
"Golden dude, since you can be invisible on you own, get ready to follow these guys to the teleporter in case we have problem with our diguise."

Bluff, lots of it. [roll0] +X(Whatever bonus from master plan.)

(Will use a hero pint for reroll, if necessary: (if, only if it commes to this: [roll1])

Intimidate if necessary [roll2]

edit: oh okay

Da Beast
2010-05-05, 09:36 PM
Master Plan doesn't go into affect until the planner activates it. We should probably wait for combat to use them.

Ladorak
2010-05-06, 07:20 AM
The guards obey without questioning and soon Rook and his twenty five men are very far North on a wild goose chance. Richmond and his squad lead you into the base (http://www.willyliliana.com/Cakes/Halo/Valhalla%20Base.jpg).
Shining hallways of chrome twist left and right leading one underground before ending at a large automatic double door, they open revealing the teleportal, a large circlar raised dais roughly 20 feet in diameter. A consule is directly before you. The room itself has a high arched ceiling and is 40x40 feet.
Richamond turns 'Sir, are you sure-' Suddenly his voice is alarmed. 'It's a hologram! Shoot to kill, shoot to kill!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

He fires at Valkyrie but the shot goes wide.

Init order:
Oliver
Valkyrie*
Guard 1
Technarch
AMY
Magpie
Guard 2
Richmond
Helios (Concealed)
Guard 3
Guard 4
Technarch's minion

Raynn
2010-05-06, 05:44 PM
Oliver's hand shoots to his morpher "It's Morphin' Time!"

There is a brilliant flash of red light as Oliver suddenly appears in the uniform of the red ranger.

He races towards Richamond without a word, silent and efficient, no quips or remarks. He flicks the Ranger weapon and it turns from a large pistol to a sword in an instant.

He brings the blade up in an arc, sparing no quarter to Richmond.

Attack [roll0]
Toughness Save vs. DC 25 Lethal Damage.

Raynn
2010-05-06, 05:45 PM
Hero Point to Re-roll [roll0]

Da Beast
2010-05-06, 06:50 PM
"So much for that... Take them down quickly! Don't let them call for backup."

Valkyrie positions herself in front of the console and fires a blast at the nearest guard.

[roll0]

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-06, 10:56 PM
Technarch
Defense: 25
Damage Condition: Unharmed

At the outbreak of the fighting, Technarch stretched his hand out toward a bank of machines along the wall. The machines shuddered and then ripped themselves out of the wall. Their structures ran with a circuit-pattern spider-web and started to warp and crunch in upon themselves, pulling in and overlapping while growing taller. The raw material rose and quickly formed itself from a jumble of confusing armored shapes and circuits into a broad-shouldered, vaguely humanoid (http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20090118/600pxamazoevolvedck6.jpg) shape with alloy skin and glowing red eyes but no other features.

The newly formed machine minion looked up toward the group of guards and started forward. It wasn't quick on its feet, but it wasn't a lumbering brute, either. It had a purposeful, calm step and quiet purpose.

Rolls: Standard action to summon minion. Initiative for minion: [roll0]

Machine Minion Tank Stats: Abilities 29 + Skills 7 + Feats 9 + Powers 54 + Combat 26 + Saves 4 = 150

ABILITIES
STR 35 (+12)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +12 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex 0 (+2)
Will 4 (+6)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+8 Melee)
Defense +8
Initiative +2

SKILLS
Intimidate 15 (+14), Language 1 (Binary, English), Notice 12 (+14)

FEATS
All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 3, Fearless, Interpose, Power Attack, Takedown Attack, Withstand Damage

POWERS
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30pp]
Protection 12 (Extra: Impervious [+1]) [24pp]
Super-Strength 10 (Heavy Load: 1,600 tons; Feats: Groundstrike) [21pp]

Ladorak
2010-05-07, 12:17 PM
[roll0]

In one swift movement Ollie takes Richmond down, before the Officer even has a chance to see it coming he is spun to the ground, dead or dying.
A guard turns, spinning on his heel to bring the Power Ranger into his sights, but the noisy awakening on Technarch's creation distracts him and his shot misses by inches.
Valkyrie's shot also goes wide.

smuchmuch
2010-05-07, 02:54 PM
Amy

"Haaaw !" Discovered so soon ? Amy is really disapointed. She had hopped she'd get the good lieutenant to do a silly little dance and make a complete fool of himself a bit longer. Oh well at least they got to the teleporter without a hitch so that wasn't completly a waste of time

She takes a look around, not so sure what to do. Her current chassis hasn't been build for fighting and has never been her forte anyway. The action may seems exciting at first, but it usualy alway comes to people flailing their arms around to try to hit each other. Just look at the thing technarch just made. it exists just for combat and it looks dumb. And kinda lame. If she had a tongue she'd stick it at it. (Of course this opinion has nothing to do with any eventual jaleousy due to the fact it's big and has arms and she doesn't. Sure SphereAmy has a zero energy projector wich allow her to telekineticaly take stuff.. but it's just not the same thing.)

Still she should probaly do something. Thses guards looked way to disciplined. maybe not human ? Maybe robotic in somme way ?
//Transmiting.//preparing overide protocol.
Amy focusses on one of the guard.

Amy scans one of the guard with sphereAmy detect electronic to see if they are robots. [roll0] Notice if necessary.

If it's a machine.: Will save 21 to resist possession
If it's not a machine then telekinetic blast [roll1] damage 8.

Ladorak
2010-05-08, 08:15 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

AMY's scan reveals that these men are 100% squishy meatbags but her telekinetic blast succeeds only in blasting a chunk out of the wall behind one. Magpie produces a pistol as if from thin air and shoots another guard point blank in the face, he goes down in a crumpled heap. Another guard runs to the consule next to the teleportal and starts working on the controls.

Da Beast
2010-05-08, 08:59 PM
Valkyrie positioned herself in front of the console specifically to stop that from happening

Ladorak
2010-05-08, 09:07 PM
So she did, my mistake, in that case...

The guard depresses a button on the side of his gun and says 'Security threat Omega. Enemy are seizeing control of teleportal room. Request immediate reinforcement.'

Raynn
2010-05-09, 04:59 PM
The Red Ranger swings round for the next nearest enemy he brings his blade down in a arc as he turns preparing to bring his foot up to finish the job.

Stike against nearest remaining guard. Moving if necessary. DC 25 Toughness Save. Attack; [roll0]

Ladorak
2010-05-09, 05:18 PM
We've still got Helios, a guard and Technarch's minion to go before that occurs but the action'll stand to speed things up as much as we can.

Raynn
2010-05-09, 05:48 PM
I know, I'm just posted for Speed's sake because I'm going to be a lot more busy than usual for a few days, should still be fine for posting but just incase i posted.

Ladorak
2010-05-09, 05:57 PM
Sensible, thank you. Hopefully the new system will speed combat up quite a bit, but we can't switch systems half way through a fight.

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-09, 07:14 PM
Technarch

While Technarch tried to look as harmless as possible, the machine creature that he'd summoned stomped straight toward the teleportation platform, ignoring or going through anything in the way. When it got there, the creature lifted its arms high and smashed them down upon the platform, aiming to destroy it utterly or at the very least damage it beyond repair. With enough strength to lift a destroyer over its head or play shot-put with a tank, Technarch believed that his minion was suitable for the task of demolition.

Not sure how to go about this. I'm reasonably sure that I don't roll to attack the platform, since it's stationary. So it's the platform's toughness vs. my minion's effective strength of 22. So a normal toughness save against that would be DC 37? (15+Damage Rank)

SuperMuldoon
2010-05-10, 09:47 AM
Helios

Utilizing his concealment, Helios moves into position to take a shot at the guard who just requested reinforcements. "Fool! Feel the fury of the sun's flame!" he yells as he sends a blast of white-hot sunfire his way. Helios then maneuvers so he can get a nice area shot of the door in case reinforcements arrive.

[roll0]

Ladorak
2010-05-10, 04:39 PM
Damage is capped at PL 10 to 25 apart from in certain circumstances, so that's that amount the robot does.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Appearing as if from nowhere Helios decends on the guard with all the rage of the god he truely is. The sudden burst of terrible heat and light burns the armour from Helios' target and then the flesh from his bones.
A guard swivels away from the blinding light and opens up a the Power Ranger. The laser blast takes him high in the back and although his Ranger armour takes the brunt of the damage enough gets through to cause him to clench his teeth in sudden pain.
As Technarch's minion leaps upon the teleportal the Ranger shows his training and soliders on through the pain, turning on his heel and eviscerating another guard.
Technarch's minion brings his 'fists' smashing down upon the teleportal at the apex of his leap with a sudden thump of enraged and tortured metal the teleportal explodes in a shower of sparks and flying metal. While it can be rebuilt it is certainly out of commission for now.
One guard stands alone without any hope of immediate reinforcement.
1 Bruised level for Oliver
Valkyrie's turn

smuchmuch
2010-05-11, 05:33 PM
Going to take my next tun now for game's flow sake. Anyway with only one lone guard reamining I don't think that fight is going to last much longer..

Amy

"So.... Would you rather die than betraying the syndicate ?"
While mom is busy splatting the last guard against a wall, Amy tries to find an access to the system from a console that hasn't been destroyed or turned into a robotic minion, and tries to take somme control over the securtity system from here..

She tries, by order of importance and chances of working: To get is a plan of the place and a basic idea of the security systems in place, then the localisation of the bomb and maybe a visual. To get an idea of the security response comming their way. Jamming the internal communications, neutralizing or turning any security systems. And finaly if she have the time, ereasing traces of their presence from the security reccords.

Computer [roll0]

Raynn
2010-05-11, 06:44 PM
The Red Ranger steps forward and the weapon in his hand shifts into its blaster form, he points it at the guards heard as he steps forward, when he is close enough he whispers something so that only the guard can hear, his voice then grows louder "Yield!"

Intimidate [roll0]

Ladorak
2010-05-11, 07:25 PM
[roll0] Let's try that again...

Ladorak
2010-05-11, 07:36 PM
[roll0] We'll give PR a +2 circumstance mod considering the situation

Although the guard is clearly cowed by the Power Ranger's words he holds his ground and prepears to die with his boots on.
AMY quickly gains access to the blueprints on the facility but she notes they are of the STD (Standard Template Design) and therefore do not show any changes made to the facility. However the main room is very close by and there can only be so much variation from here to there. The facility currently has a pack of Sanguisuge and four MK V Mercury combat robots although there is no available information as to what those actually are.
She also gets a visual feed of the bomb in the central room of the installation. The room inself is a burnished gray circular structure about the size of a large warehouse. Beneath the retractable dome roof banks of supercomputers, monitors and other scientific equipment line the walls, with ladders lead*ing up to the similarly equipped catwalk levels ringing the interior.
Dominating the building’s interior is a huge, red-black sphere con*nected via cables to various scientific instruments along the walls. The sphere pulses with a weird, crimson energy which makes the air itself crackle.
Finally she is able to isolate Rook's teams communications, deactivate all security cameras and erase all traces of your team from the security records so far.
Valkurie has one more day before I take the shot for her

Da Beast
2010-05-12, 05:03 PM
"Dieing for your corrupt masters? Not very smart, but I suppose no one can fault you for cowardice." Says Valkyrie as she lets off a full powered blast, aiming for the guards head.

Aiming, power attacking and all out attacking for 5 each. DC 32 toughness save.
[roll0]

"Amy, find the bomb as quick as possible. No telling how long we have before reinforcements arrive."

smuchmuch
2010-05-12, 06:30 PM
"Waaaaay ahead of you, mom." There is a few seconds of wait. "Same floor. Third corridor on the left, the one big enoug to let a truck thir door, the big double ones. Made sure that rook guy outside won't be able to call for help. Working on desactivating the cameras. You guys go ahead, I'll join you soon. Just watch out for the vampires -by the way six of them are waiting for you there- and the Mercury security bots. Whatever that may be."

so yes i'll assume that as fast as amy may be, jamming a whole secuirty system will take her a couple minutes more (mostly just for flavor)

Ladorak
2010-05-12, 06:35 PM
Sorry, this was stupid of me, got so stuck of explaining the room I neglected to mention who was in it...
6 people dressed the same, all with the same pale skin and glowing red eyes. AMY immediatly identifies three of them as Keres or his brood. There's also a number of scientists clustered about here and there, up on the walkway or around the bomb.
[roll0]

While Valkyrie's namesake rescued the souls of fallen warriors Valkyrie herself seems more concerned in making them fall. In this case, falling slowly down to the floor in a thin red mist.

Da Beast
2010-05-12, 07:15 PM
"Alright people, look alive. We're dealing with multiple members of Keres' brood, and possibly Keres himself. Anyone who can fly should stay in the air and away from those vampires. I want civilian casualties kept to a minimum, but if it comes down to it... well, they made their choice." Then, speaking to Technarc in particular she says "Convert everything you can from here to there into a minion. We'll need as much help as possible and the worse condition we leave this place in the better."

Shifting two gadget points from boost progression to teleport with the short range flaw. Just before we open the door I'll teleport into the back of the room, using Amy's link to the security feed for positioning. Hoping for a surprise round and to activate my master plan.

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-13, 12:41 AM
Technarch

Dr. King gave the Valkyrie a small smile. "Yes, I feel I quite agree with that conclusion as well." he nodded as he looked over toward the smashed teleportation pad. "In fact, I believe I can make use of some of the debris in this area. Give me a moment to concentrate, please." he asked politely, then turned his thoughts inward. He reached out with his mind toward the raw technology that had recently been smashed by his other minion and began to shape it into a form that would suit his task. In the next few seconds, a sister mechanical being to the bulky tank minion appeared where the teleportation pad once had been.

The new minion was much different from the previous one. While the tank minion had been built for raw strength and destruction, the new one seemed quicker and more fluid. It had the same unfinished or non-detailed look to it as the first one, but it had an obviously more feminine body shape. "She" opened red eyes akin to her brother minion's and then held up her hands, which swiftly elongated into razor-sharp, needle-like claws a one and a half again times the length of her hands.

"I've made use of the teleporter's technology. She cannot teleport around all willy nilly, but she will make an excellent escape route should the need arise." the Doctor explained. "Ah, but she is only the second. Let's see what else I can come up with along the way."

Machine Minion Striker Stats:Abilities 24 + Skills 9 + Feats 20 + Powers 61 + Combat 30 + Saves 6 = 150

ABILITIES
STR 20 (+5)
DEX 20 (+5)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +5 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex +10 (+5)
Will +3 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+10 Melee)
Defense +15
Initiative +5

SKILLS
Acrobatics 11 (+16), Language 1 (Binary, English), Notice 12 (+14), Stealth 12 (+17)

FEATS
Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 5, Defensive Attack, Dodge Focus 5, Evasion 2, Fearless, Improved Critical 2 (18-20 w/ Strike), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action

POWERS
Protection 5 (Extra: Impervious [+1]) [10pp]
Speed 3 (50MPH) [3pp]
Strike 5 (Feat: Mighty) [6pp]
Teleport 7 (Feat: Progression 5; Flaw: Long Range [-1]) [12pp]

Machine Minion Tank Stats: Abilities 29 + Skills 7 + Feats 9 + Powers 54 + Combat 26 + Saves 4 = 150

ABILITIES
STR 35 (+12)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +12 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex 0 (+2)
Will 4 (+6)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+8 Melee)
Defense +8
Initiative +2

SKILLS

FEATS
All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 3, Fearless, Interpose, Power Attack, Takedown Attack, Withstand Damage

POWERS

SuperMuldoon
2010-05-13, 09:42 PM
Helios scoffs. "Vampires? Pathetic. Those creatures turn to ash at the merest touch of the sun's rays...and I will be giving them more than just a touch! Allow me lead the attack on the fools of Keres' brood...I will incinerate them in purifying light!"

smuchmuch
2010-05-13, 10:47 PM
Amy takes a slow look at the striker machine minion as Technarch once again prooves his talent to forcefully completly rewrite codes and warp circuitery in mere instant to suit his will.
She doesn't say anything but she does seem to float slightly more distant in a "Eeeep" kind of way.

Ladorak
2010-05-15, 06:06 PM
Rolls: k[roll0]
b[roll1]
b[roll2]
m[roll3]
m[roll4]
m[roll5]
m[roll6]
h[roll7]
o[roll8]
v[roll9]
t[roll10]
t1[roll11]
t2[roll12]

You step into the main doorway just in time to see the sliding metal gate to outside slam shut. Keres is alerted by the hissing of his two remaining brood members, a man and a woman of startling beauty and completly dead eyes.
He turns to you with hate in his eyes 'I don't know who you are, but I'm going to enjoy ripping it out of you a piece at a time. Activate Mercury drones.'
Four holes distant from each other open in the ceiling and from each drops a massive blob of semisolid Mercury. A few seconds later these blobs burst into life taking the rough form of a humanoid. They have no legs though, they simply melt into the floor. They also have no heads, just a stooped back and two overly long arms drooped down and visibly wet.
Here's a map (http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/ae227/Ladorak1/?action=view&current=map2.jpg).

Init order: Everyone apart from Technarch's minions
Bad guys
Technarch's minions
AMY will arrive in three turns

Raynn
2010-05-15, 06:33 PM
Oliver leaps into the air as he roars "To me my board!"

As he does his glider appears beneath his feet in a flash of red light, he shoots across the room towards Keres his sword outstretched to the side.

"For the rangers!"

As he reaches Keres he slashes at him, aiming to cut him to ribbons.
Summon Power Glider
Move Towards keres
Strike+All Out Attack & Power Attack
-5 to Defense

Attack [roll0] DC 30

Raynn
2010-05-15, 06:34 PM
Hero point if I have it to re-roll
Attack [roll0]

Da Beast
2010-05-15, 07:48 PM
Valkyrie boosts into the air, firing a blast of energy at one of the mercury drones as she does so.

[roll0]

Moving about 40 ft to the right and 30 feat into the air. Firing on the bottom left mercury drone.

SuperMuldoon
2010-05-17, 10:50 AM
Helios

Helios activates his flight jets and heads up into the air. He spots the two members of Keres' brood and cracks a smile. "Nightwalkers! Prepare to meet your destiny!" Helios begins to laugh maniacally as he holds both hands pointing at the two vampires before firing off a huge blast of solar energy that lands in between the two before exploding outward in a hot flash.

[roll0]
blast area burst rank 8

do I even need to roll an attack, or is it they have to make reflex saves? a little fuzzy on how the area attacks work.

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-17, 01:15 PM
Technarch

"I really should attempt to find a safer way of doing this. Maybe an armored suit of some kind?" Technarch muttered to himself as he hid by the door and focused on turning the super-computer there into a third minion. He placed his hands against it and let the nano-virus do its work. The technology began to warp, turn black, and run through with vein-like circuit patterns.

Stats will be thought up during work. Will post them later. Shouldn't be a problem since my minions are at the bottom of the init order anyway.

Ladorak
2010-05-18, 06:11 PM
You don't have to roll to hit for area attacks
m[roll0]
Magpie shoots the vampire but causes no damage (Impervious)
vr[roll1][roll2]
vd[roll3][roll4]18
Ollie doesn't have a second hero point, sorry. His attack misses.
Valkyrie misses.

Bad guys
mo[roll5]5
mv[roll6]5
vh[roll7]6
vh[roll8]6

Ollie takes the fight to the enemy, brave and reckless upon his glider. With his sword brought down upon the vampire's head with precision timing it looks as if Keres is at an end, but at the last second the Vampire Lord ducks with superhuman speed, spinning to plunge his fingers into Ollie's lower back. Ollie can feel the fiend attempting to draw the very life essence out of him, but he gets nothing.
Valkyrie takes off, but the sudden speed ruins her aim and the blast goes arching over the robot. Magpie turns his pistol upon the vampires, but despite the perfection of the shot (Blowing a hole through the dread creature's heart) the vampire does not even slow down.
Helios sets his mighty eye upon the bloodsuckers and unleashes the power of the sun. Despite the incredible power of the attack the damage is limited, one vampire threw itself to one side and the other emerges from the blinding light burning, but still moving, still dangerous. Both launch themselves at Helios with a terrible hiss, Keres in the backround yells 'Kill the Sun Bringer!' but despite his encouragement and their own desperation the vampires both fail to injury Helios, being forced to attack him with eyes averted.
Two of the Mercury robots slither toward the main party, leaving behind a trail of silvery slime. The other two attack, shooting out their liquid limbs to incredible distances at incredible speed. One hits Ollie, the other Valkyrie and both are suddenly smothered and surrounded by the living quicksilver.

Vamps have at least Impervious 6
Keres has Drain 5 (Ollie saves)
Ollie takes another two bruised levels, Valkyrie takes one, both are grappled.
The Mercury robots have elongating.
Vamp 1 takes bruised level

Your turn.:smallsmile:

Raynn
2010-05-19, 03:50 PM
Unneeded roll: [roll0]
Turn Below.

Ladorak
2010-05-19, 04:05 PM
Sorry Darth, just realised I left out a couple of rolls, mainly the opposed grapple rolls. Ollie takes 1 bruised level and isn't grappled. Valkyrie still takes one bruised level and is grappled.Feel free to redo your turn

Raynn
2010-05-19, 04:15 PM
The Red Ranger stares down the Vampire as he stands upon his board "Keres, to your Master's master I lost a lover, a friend, my brother and sisters in arms. . . and a child, for that?! I WILL TAKE FROM YOU EVERYTHING!"

The Red Ranger dives forward again plunging forward for the heart, filled with rage and vengeance.

Strike Accurate Attack+All Out Attack [roll0]
DC 30

My rolling sucks today:smallfrown:

Ladorak
2010-05-19, 04:44 PM
Thankfully exposure to Helios' sunburst has weakened Keres Defence by one, so the attack hits. Since I feel it would be more dramatic I'm not going to roll the save on the DC 30 until everyone else has had their go:smalltongue:

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-19, 05:06 PM
Technarch

Tank (Defense 18/Impervious Toughness 12) - Unharmed
Striker (Defense 25/Impervious Toughness 5) - Unharmed
Blaster (Defense 20/Impervious Toughness 10) - Unharmed

The newest minion was built entirely for one purpose, and by the looks of the cannons sprouting from its forearms and the missile launchers that rose from its shoulders, that purpose was obvious. The new minion was bipedal, but had but a single, red eye that burned with malevolent purpose. It plodded over to the other two machine minions and then all three set about their work with methodical efficiency.

Picking up speed to a thumping jog, the Tank Minion went straight for one of Keres' vampire broodlings as the Striker minion went down on all fours and fell into step behind him toward the other of the pair. As the Tank minion charged up and rose its arms for a hammer-blow, readying to drive the vampire into the floor like a railroad spike, the Striker minion jumped over its brother's head and leaped at the other, talons extended. Meanwhile, the new Blaster minion settled both of its feet onto the floor, locking them in place to guard against recoil, and let loose a rapid-fire energy burst from its arm cannons at the nearest Mercury drone.

Rolls:Tank Unarmed Attack 12: [roll0]
Striker Claw Attack 10: [roll1]
Blaster Rapid-Fire Attack 10 (+1 for every 2 above the target's Defense // Knockback 3): [roll2]

Machine Minion Blaster Stats:Abilities 0 + Skills 3 (12 ranks) + Feats 4 + Powers 95 + Combat 36 + Saves 15 - Drawbacks 3 = 150

PL10 (150pp)

ABILITIES
STR 10
DEX 12
CON --
INT 8
WIS 12
CHA 8

SAVES
Toughness +10 (Impervious)
Fortitude --
Reflex +11
Will +6

COMBAT
Att +8
Def +10
Init
Knockback
Grapple

SKILLS
Notice 12 (+13)

FEATS
Accurate Attack, Fearless, Jack-of-All-Trades, Power Attack, Precise Shot

POWERS
Blast 12 [45pp]
Extra: Penetrating [+1]
Feat: Improved Range 2, Knockback 3
-AP: Blast 10 (Feat: Accurate, Improved Range, Knockback 3, Precise, Ricochet, Split Attack)
-AP: Blast 10 (Extra: Rapid Fire [+1]; Feat: Accurate, Improved Range, Knockback 3)
-AP: Blast 10 (Extra: Area-Cone [+1]; Feat: Accurate, Improved Range, Knockback 3)
-AP: Blast 12 (Extra: Area-Burst [+1]; Feat: Homing, Improved Range, Knockback 3)

Force Field 10 (Extra: Impervious [+1]) [20pp]

Immunity 30 (Fort Effects)

DRAWBACK: Vulnerable to Electricity (Common, Moderate; -3pp)

Machine Minion Striker Stats:Abilities 24 + Skills 9 + Feats 20 + Powers 61 + Combat 30 + Saves 6 = 150

ABILITIES
STR 20 (+5)
DEX 20 (+5)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +5 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex +10 (+5)
Will +3 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+10 Melee)
Defense +15
Initiative +5

SKILLS
Acrobatics 11 (+16), Language 1 (Binary, English), Notice 12 (+14), Stealth 12 (+17)

FEATS
Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 5, Defensive Attack, Dodge Focus 5, Evasion 2, Fearless, Improved Critical 2 (18-20 w/ Strike), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action

POWERS
Speed 3 (50MPH) [3pp]

ABILITIES
STR 35 (+12)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +12 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex 0 (+2)
Will 4 (+6)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+8 Melee)
Defense +8
Initiative +2

SKILLS

FEATS

POWERS

SuperMuldoon
2010-05-20, 10:21 AM
Helios

Helios laughs all the louder at the Vampires. "You cannot defeat the might of the sun, it's light is eternal! Your kind is doomed to perish before me! MWA HA HA HA!" with that he points his hands at the vampire that took the least damage of the two and fires off a searing ray of concentrated solar energy. "Now...BURN!"

[roll0] I'll attack whatever vamp is left looking stronger after technarch's beastly minions get through with them :smallamused:

Da Beast
2010-05-21, 07:05 AM
Valkyrie reroutes power from her suits blasters to her servo motors as she attempts to break free from the drone's grip. "Abomination of machinery! Your master is unfit to wield technology and unworthy of the title of scientist!"

[roll0]

Let's hope he has a crappy modifier :smallsigh:. Sorry about the absence, between work and friends coming home from school I've been a bit preoccupied.

Ladorak
2010-05-21, 11:21 AM
The big one, Keres' save [roll0] 30
Technarch's murder machines: Tank hits because of weakening effect of Helios' sunburst [roll1] 27 Teleport Striker [roll2] 25 Blaster [roll3] 28
Helios hits because of weakening effect caused by... well, him [roll4] 25
Magpie attacks Mercury Drone [roll5] But it also has impervious of at least 7
Valkyrie's opposed grapple.[roll6]

Keres is Stunned + Bruised + Injured
As is one of his brood. The other one is Unconscious + Dying
Mercury Drone takes one injured level.
Valkyrie is still grappled.

Keres goes down under Ollie's second strike, falling back before the Ranger's rightous fury. Technarch's constructs do grisily work amid the vampires and Helios finishes one off with the concentrated power of a sun, leaving little left to regenerate as the other one does.
The blaster's attack seems to temporeily effect the Mercury Drone's structure, Valkyrie can feel the vice like grip of the liquid surrounding her weaken but too quickly it's strength returns. The Doctor is left powerless in it's grasp.

Ladorak
2010-05-21, 11:55 AM
4 Mercury Drones counter attack.

Opposed grapple for Valkyrie M[roll0] V[roll1]

Top right
To hit Ollie [roll2] 20. Ollie's save [roll3] DC 20 (2 Injured)
Opposed grapple if hit: M[roll4] O[roll5]
Further save if grappled [roll6] 20 (Might be 7)

Bottom Left
To hit Helios [roll7] 20. Helios' save [roll8] DC 20
Opposed grapple if hit: M[roll9] H[roll10]
Further save if grappled [roll11] 20

Bottom right

To hit the Striker [roll12] 25. Striker's save [roll13] DC 20
Opposed grapple if hit: M[roll14] S[roll15]
Further save if grappled [roll16] 20

Top right

To hit Magpie [roll17] 31. Striker's save [roll18] DC 20
Opposed grapple if hit: M[roll19] S[roll20]
Further save if grappled [roll21] 20

Oliver is Stunned + Bruised + Grappled
Helios is grappled but takes no damage
Striker is grappled but takes no damage
Forgot to do Valkyrie's opposed grapple so rolling it at home, she takes 1 more bruised level and is still grappled.
Keres and his broodmate spend a villian point to recover from stunned status.

The vampire hisses under the Ranger's blade 'I remember you now Ranger, my master will be pleased you have returned to die. Suddenly he is up and running for the massive sliding door. 'Brood to me! Open main doors. With a great metal groan the sliding doors open to the outside world. One of the vampires follows Keres, but the other isn't going anywhere. Ollie starts to follow but another blast from the Mercury Drones drives him to his knees.
The Drone that has Valkyrie shoots out a second liquidly arm, flying almost 30 feet to cover Helios in living liquid metal.
Another one wraps up the Striker, but the robot's impressive form prevents it from damage, but like the others it too is stuck. Another reaches for Magpie and he only just manages to roll away.
While you're distracted the doors slide shut again and then you hear Keres' voice over the intercomm 'All personal: You have ten seconds to evacute the facility, I am releasing the Sanguisuge and sealing the base.'

Da Beast
2010-05-21, 04:18 PM
Can I teleport out of a grapple? I kind of forgot I had that prepared.

Raynn
2010-05-21, 05:44 PM
To break grapple: [roll0]
Will write rest of turn when I know how this went.

smuchmuch
2010-05-21, 10:35 PM
Amy

...May have something to say about those door opening and closing ?
Then again it's Amy were talking about. She just probably got sidetracked while switching all the security reccords with daytime TV and wasn't paying attention.

'All personal: You have ten seconds to evacute the facility, I am releasing the Sanguisuge and sealing the base.'

Er. Uh oh.

Personaly Amy didn't relly care if the last vampire was going to turn into somme kind of bigger bloodsucking leech mutant or something like that, but mom and her colleague were full of that goey red stuff so they probably would mind.

First, witht the security employees evacuating, she had a few seconds of total domination over the security system and no more subtelty needed about this. with anough chance, that would enough to desactivate those weird looking mercury drones and stuck all the doors open (she didn't know iof that would have any real kind of effect, but that 'Sanguisuge' sounded bad, so the more exit option left the better.)

Then to cut the connection and hover at full speed the remaining distance to the hangar.

Yet another computer check authorized. [roll0]
Then using all out movement to speed to the bomb bay in one or two rounds.

Ladorak
2010-05-23, 09:05 PM
AMY was arriving next turn anyway. She shuts down the robots but the doors stay shut. The Emergency protocols that are activated once the Sanguisuge are released cannot be overridden.

AMY's hovering sphere arrives just in time to see the Mercury Drones melt away into the floor, their liquid forms seperating and draining away through gaps too small for the human eye to see.

smuchmuch
2010-05-24, 12:20 PM
Amy

"Hum I'm sorry to say folks that those door are not going to open. So I hope your teleporty girl really works, Dr King. Unless you want to see what a Sanguisuge with a capital S looks like."
Amy hovers around the sphere, trying to find and pull out that cosmic rod as quickly as possible. since she doesn't have the time to scann the cosmic bomb herself, she does retrievethe information contained in the machinery plugged around if she can do it quickly enough..

Pulling the rod out with telekininesis using extra effort if necessary to aument the strength of the pull
"Actualy I do wonder what it look like.
Maybe it's like somme kind of huge liquid blood construct ? Or somme giant biomechanical leech ? Or somme kind of carnivorous micro organisms mist ?
Can we wait, like the last second before climaticaly teleporting away as it is closing upon us in a dramatic manner?"

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-25, 12:29 AM
Technarch

Tank (Defense 18/Impervious Toughness 12) - Unharmed

"Well, yes, unless Keres activated some sort of teleportation cancellation field she can at that." Dr. King half-smiled at AMY as he came out from where he'd been hiding. His minions milled about him like lost children now that they weren't receiving any direct orders. "I suppose we could wait until the last moment simply for dramatic tension, but I rather like my skin where it is. So, for practicality's sake I must insist that we take what we came for and leave as soon as possible." he said, wringing his hands in anxiety.

Machine Minion Blaster Stats:Abilities 0 + Skills 3 (12 ranks) + Feats 4 + Powers 95 + Combat 36 + Saves 15 - Drawbacks 3 = 150

PL10 (150pp)

ABILITIES
STR 10
DEX 12
CON --
INT 8
WIS 12
CHA 8

SAVES
Fortitude --
Reflex +11
Will +6

COMBAT
Att +8
Def +10
Init
Knockback
Grapple

SKILLS
Notice 12 (+13)

FEATS

POWERS
Blast 12 [45pp]
-AP: Blast 10 (Feat: Accurate, Improved Range, Knockback 3, Precise, Ricochet, Split Attack)
-AP: Blast 10 (Extra: Rapid Fire [+1]; Feat: Accurate, Improved Range, Knockback 3)
-AP: Blast 10 (Extra: Area-Cone [+1]; Feat: Accurate, Improved Range, Knockback 3)
-AP: Blast 12 (Extra: Area-Burst [+1]; Feat: Homing, Improved Range, Knockback 3)

ABILITIES
STR 20 (+5)
DEX 20 (+5)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +5 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex +10 (+5)
Will +3 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+10 Melee)
Defense +15
Initiative +5

SKILLS

FEATS

POWERS
Speed 3 (50MPH) [3pp]

ABILITIES
STR 35 (+12)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +12 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex 0 (+2)
Will 4 (+6)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+8 Melee)
Defense +8
Initiative +2

SKILLS

FEATS

POWERS

Raynn
2010-05-25, 11:35 AM
The Red Ranger spins his blade for a moment before walking towards the group, he speaks coldly "I'm with Technarch, lets get out of here."

SuperMuldoon
2010-05-25, 08:08 PM
Helios

Helios flexes his armors joints as the liquid metal drips off of him before disappearing into the floor. "Fine. In the face of an assumably powerful unknown threat, we should retreat until we know more about it. Let us finish here and be gone." Helios says, disappointed that the fight was over already. He wanted to obliterate those vampire scum.

Da Beast
2010-05-26, 04:58 PM
Valkyrie begins disconnecting the cosmic rod from the rest of the bomb. "Hmph, it's unfortunate we won't be able to stay and watch this entire base burn to the ground, but if this Sanguisuge is powerful enough that they'd evacuate the before releasing it, then perhaps we should be on our way as well."

Is there any kind of check you want me to make for this? I have skill mastery with disable device and a +18 modifier for an automatic 28.

Ladorak
2010-05-30, 04:45 PM
Attack d20+12/roll]20
Fort [roll0] DC 18 reduces toughness
damage save [roll]roll+10 (May be lowered) DC23
Fort [roll1] DC 18 (Drain Con)

Ladorak
2010-05-30, 04:47 PM
Don't know why that second one didn't roll, but there's two 20s for Helios' saves. The gods look after their own.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Helios takes one injured level.

Teleporting up the steps surrounding the Cosmic Bomb Magpie stands by as Valkyrie attempts to disarm the bomb. 'This isn't right... There's Syndicate technology in there too. He points to several bulky pieces of equipment around the hole in which the Cosmic Rod is lodged. 'It's like a second layer of locks. They've disarmed the bomb... I can get the rod out but you'll have to buy me some time.'
Typically as soon as Magpie says this the first scream echoes down the metal corridor. It is far from the last. The Sanguisuge have been released, the lives of all those inside are now forfeit. Shortly after that the lights go out and the supercomputers about you shut down. You too would be left in darkness, were it not for Helios.
But out of the shadows comes a blur of speed, grey and hunched low it flies toward Helios. There is a flash of sickly green light and then the blur is gone into the darkness. As the creature hit Helios his light dimmed momentarily, leaving the rest of you in darkness. But the god of the Sun is not undone so easily. Helios could feel the attacker draining energy from the Sun's heart itself.
In the darkness there comes a chittering noise which echoes down the corridor and is soon answered in kind.

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-30, 11:22 PM
Technarch

Tank (Defense 13/Toughness 17 [Impervious 12]) - Unharmed
Armor (Defense 20/Impervious Toughness 10) - Unharmed

Technarch stretched his hand out toward another of the banks of supercomputers. The bank lit up briefly, and then flowed like mercury over to where he stood. It covered him like a wave, then stood up, forming into a humanoid figure with the doctor held safely within its eight-foot tall frame. It looked different from the others, with most of its armor concentrated on its torso, leaving the limbs looking rather thin and ungainly. It stood stock still as the circuitry patterns upon it shifted and glowed upon its surface and the transformation completed.

The three other minions surrounded the Magpie and the bomb, facing outward, and got set to defend them against the Sanguisuge creature until Magpie was finished. The Tanker minion stood on the balls of its feet and tensed in readiness.

Tanker Minion will use the Interpose feat as a reaction if the Striker minion, Blaster minion, or Magpie is targeted by an attack. He's also using Withstand Damage to lower his Defense by 5 and raise his Toughness by the same amount. All Minions are immune to Fort effects and therefore immune to Drains.

Initiative for All Minions: [roll0] (Add +8 for Striker Minion)

Machine Minion Armor Stats:Abilities 6 + Skills 3 + Feats 8 + Powers 83 + Combat 40 + Saves 10 - Drawbacks 0 = 150

ABILITIES
STR 30 (+10)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8

SAVES
Fortitude --
Reflex +7 (+2)
Will +7 (+2)

COMBAT
Att +10
Def +10
Init +2
Grapple +20

SKILLS
Notice 12 (+14)

FEATS
Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion 2, Fearless, Improved Defense, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory), Withstand Damage

POWERS
Feature ("Pilot's" Compartment)
Force Constructs 10 [20pp]
Growth 4 [12pp]
Immunity (Fort Effects) [30pp]
Protection 10 (Extra: Impervious) [20pp]

PL10 (150pp)

ABILITIES
STR 14
DEX 14
CON --
INT 8
WIS 16
CHA 8

SAVES
Fortitude --
Reflex +12
Will +8

COMBAT
Att +8
Def +10
Init +2
Grapple +10

SKILLS
Notice 12 (+15)

FEATS

POWERS
Blast 12 [45pp]

ABILITIES
STR 20 (+5)
DEX 30 (+10)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +5 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex +15 (+10)
Will +3 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+10 Melee)
Defense +15
Initiative +10

SKILLS
Acrobatics 11 (+21), Language 1 (Binary, English), Notice 12 (+14), Stealth 12 (+22)

FEATS

POWERS
Speed 3 (50MPH) [3pp]

Machine Minion Tank Stats: Abilities 19 + Skills 7 + Feats 9 + Powers 64 + Combat 26 + Saves 4 = 150

ABILITIES
STR 35 (+12)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +12 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex 0 (+2)
Will 4 (+6)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+8 Melee)
Defense +8
Initiative +2

SKILLS

FEATS

POWERS
Immovable 10 [10pp]

Raynn
2010-06-02, 09:43 AM
The Red Ranger flies on his Glider to Magpie's side, he speaks with a tone that implies an almost glee "Magpie, I'll buy you some time but I assure you."

He activates his darkvision using his visor looking for his target.

"I'll be buying it with Vampire blood!"

Readying actions to attack the first monster I see using Darkvision.

Attack: [roll0]
Toughness Save: DC 25

Da Beast
2010-06-02, 02:28 PM
Valkyrie begins fiddling with a control panel on her gauntlet, changing settings and rerouting power to other systems. As she does so she begins to fade from sight.

Activating a cloaking device and changing my gadget points.

2 teleport 2 (short range)
4 flight 2 (brings total ranks to 3)
2 invisibility (all visual senses, passive and blending flaws)
2 Darkvision
2 Enhanced notice (+16 modifier)
1 improved aim
1 power attack
1 all out attack

Ladorak
2010-06-04, 03:22 PM
Sorry for keeping you waiting, I was giving AMY and Helios a chance to post and then work kinda landed on me very, very hard. Apologies all around. Oh, also Hero points all around. Don't spend them all at once.

Attack Valkyrie 18
Fort [roll1] DC 18 reduces toughness
damage save [roll]roll+10 (May be lowered) DC 23
Fort DC 18 (Drain Con)

Ollie's attack save: [roll3] DC 25

Attack Ollie [roll4] 20
Fort [roll5] DC 18 reduces toughness
Fort DC 18 (Drain Con)

Helios attacked twice:
First attack Helios [roll7] 20
Fort [roll8] DC 18 reduces toughness
Fort DC 18 (Drain Con)

Second attack Helios [roll10] 20
Fort [roll11] DC 18 reduces toughness
Fort [roll12] DC 18 (Drain Con)

Ladorak
2010-06-04, 03:28 PM
*Bangs head* Stupid.
Ok, one attacked Valkyrie despite her invisiblity, but missed. Ollie is attacked twice but killed one with his readied action. The other one scores a crit on Ollie. Helios is attacked twice and hit once. Ollie loses 5 CON and Helios loses 6 CON. This is all lethal damage btw.

Ollie's save: [roll0] DC 28
Helios' save [roll1] DC 23

Edit: Wow, that's a lot of high saves... It's kinda undermining the drama, stop it!:smalltongue:

The Last Ranger is the first to down a Sanguisuge, as it comes toward him he pivots beautiful and takes the vile thing on the point of his sword. The thing's incredible speed works against it, driving the tip through it's own heart. Ollie has no time to examine the creature however, a second later another one flashes out of nowhere and burys an energy blade into Ollie's back before it vanishes again. Although there is no physical damage he feels his strength being leeched away.
Meanwhile another motted grey blur leaps up at Valkyrie, her invisibility offering no protection at all. So fast is the creature she cannot make out any features, but she does her a wet snuffling noise as it passes her by and vanishes again.
Two more streak out of the darkness straight at Helios' revealing light. He artfully ducks out of the way of an energy blade only to be run through by a second. Once again the light dims for a second and once again the beasts are gone. Like Ollie he feels drained, unlike Ollie he feels that drain deep in his new nuclear heart.

smuchmuch
2010-06-04, 03:39 PM
Oops my bad for not posting. it's not i forgot about this game, it's just that i had no idea what to do with Amy. I guess for the first round, I'll just attack with the gravity blast.
Disable device[roll0] blast 8.

"Bats ? that doesn't seem ver scarr..." Amy see the Sanguisuge pumping energy from the tiny sun itself. "Ooh okay that make much sense. Well..." As the lights go out, she turns on her infravision sensors.

Amy stay mostly behing and just blast randomly with her Zero G attack. sure the situation looks bad but not deseperate just yet so she's mostly enjhoying herself, although she's slmightly worried for mom.

Ladorak
2010-06-04, 03:47 PM
I need notice rolls from anyone who can see in the dark and wants to attack this turn. Since notice is free unless in special (IE: my) circumstances feel free to make 5 of them.

smuchmuch
2010-06-04, 03:56 PM
Spherebot Amy has infravision and extended sonnar, so i thnk that should be enough to see in the dark.
Just in case:
Notice: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Raynn
2010-06-04, 04:08 PM
The Red Ranger spins his blade, the clenching of his teeth invisible inside his helmet "That hurt, So will this."

The Red Ranger lunges for another of the monsters, silent, cold, methodical. . .

Attack on nearest Monster;
Attack [roll0]; DC 25

Da Beast
2010-06-04, 05:49 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Assuming I notice at least one of them:

Valkyrie takes aim for one of the shapes moving in the dark and lets lose a blast of energy. "Die painfully."

Aiming and power attacking for 4
[roll5] DC 29 toughness save

If non of my notice checks succeed I'll use a standard action to make another check and take a move action to get away from my current position.

[roll6]

Ladorak
2010-06-04, 07:57 PM
Ollie can't see a bad guy to attack but we'll take that roll as a readied action when he does.

Despite her impressive detection equipment AMY doesn't see the creatures at all. They have some kind of passive camouflage and vanish until they turn to dive to the attack again. Well, she does detect one.
On the point of Ollie's sword you now clearly see your foe. The speared creature is a pale grey hairless animal. It looks human in that it has hands like humans, but the arms are shorter and the torso more like a dog's, allowing the thing to run on all fours. It has a face but it has no eyes, much of the face is taken up by two massive nostrils that twitch even in death. Ollie can still feel the thing's body draining the energy out of the area around it, sapping his strength through his sword. He quickly flips it to the ground and is on his guard again.
With her own advanced equipment Valkyrie does detect two of the creatures and opens fire on one.

SuperMuldoon
2010-06-07, 09:51 AM
Sorry guys! Work also kind of landed on me hard, and real life also...I'm here though!

Helios

Helios drops to one knee after the succesive strikes of the Sanguisuge, feeling energy seep away. He struggles back to his feet and finds his fury. "Curse you foul creatures of the night..." he says, activating his jets and hovering up into the air. "BE EXPOSED UNDER THE REVEALING LIGHT OF THE SUN! YOU SHALL NOT HIDE FROM US!" he yells, holding his hands out wide and bathing the area in bright daylight.

OK! So light control as bright as I can in as large an area as I can. I'm away from books now so I'm not sure how much I can do, or if this takes up my attack action for the round (if it doesn't I have something else I want to do!)

ChronicLunacy
2010-06-07, 10:07 AM
Technarch

Tank (Defense 13/Toughness 17 [Impervious 12]) - Unharmed
Armor (Defense 26/Impervious Toughness 10) - Unharmed

Still surrounding Magpie, the Striker and Blaster armors tensed and readied for an attack at the first sign of any monsters illuminated by Helios' purifying light. The Striker minion tensed her claws and got ready to leap while the Blaster minion's arm cannons whirred and focused their emitters so that they would emit a cone of scorching energy. The Tanker and Armor minions stayed where they were, continuing Magpie's defense.

Tanker Minion will use the Interpose feat as a reaction if the Striker minion, Blaster minion, or Magpie is targeted by an attack. He's also using Withstand Damage to lower his Defense by 5 and raise his Toughness by the same amount. Armor minion will go Full Defense for the round. All Minions are immune to Fort effects and therefore immune to Drains.

Striker minion and Blaster minion will lash out at the first monsters they see if any are illuminated by Helios' sunlight.
Blaster: Area Blast 10 - Cone (Knockback +3): [roll0]
Striker: Strike 10: [roll1]

Machine Minion Armor Stats:Abilities 6 + Skills 3 + Feats 8 + Powers 83 + Combat 40 + Saves 10 - Drawbacks 0 = 150

ABILITIES
STR 30 (+10)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8

SAVES
Fortitude --
Reflex +7 (+2)
Will +7 (+2)

COMBAT
Att +10
Def +10
Init +2
Grapple +20

SKILLS
Notice 12 (+14)

FEATS
Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion 2, Fearless, Improved Defense, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory), Withstand Damage

POWERS
Growth 4 [12pp]

PL10 (150pp)

ABILITIES
STR 14
DEX 14
CON --
INT 8
WIS 16
CHA 8

SAVES
Fortitude --
Reflex +12
Will +8

COMBAT
Att +8
Def +10
Init +2
Grapple +10

SKILLS
Notice 12 (+15)

FEATS

POWERS
Blast 12 [45pp]

ABILITIES
STR 20 (+5)
DEX 30 (+10)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +5 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex +15 (+10)
Will +3 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+10 Melee)
Defense +15
Initiative +10

SKILLS
Acrobatics 11 (+21), Language 1 (Binary, English), Notice 12 (+14), Stealth 12 (+22)

FEATS

POWERS
Speed 3 (50MPH) [3pp]

Machine Minion Tank Stats: Abilities 19 + Skills 7 + Feats 9 + Powers 64 + Combat 26 + Saves 4 = 150

ABILITIES
STR 35 (+12)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +12 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex 0 (+2)
Will 4 (+6)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+8 Melee)
Defense +8
Initiative +2

SKILLS

FEATS

POWERS
Immovable 10 [10pp]

Ladorak
2010-06-07, 04:18 PM
Sadly Light Control is a standard action. After the barrage of notice checks in the OOC I can now tell you that the Blaster is the only one that spots one even though the area is now lit up. It doesn't need to roll an attack however, as it's using an area attack. He's also 'accidently' caught another in the blast.
Processing attacks now: Blaster: Reflex to half [roll0] save vs DC25/20 [roll1]
Reflex to half [roll2] save vs DC25/20 [roll3]

Valkyrie: [roll4] DC 29

Sorry to double post (Again) but I'd rather now exactly how many are up and running before they attack again.

Ladorak
2010-06-07, 04:28 PM
Ok, so the one the Blaster saw is fine. The one the Blaster didn't see is Stunned + Bruised + Injured.
The one Valkyrie shot is very very dead. Ollie takes his readied action as they streak in but misses.

So, attacks: Two on Ollie and one on Helios

Helios: [roll0]
Fort vs Stun [roll1] DC 18
Fort [roll2] DC 18 (Drain Con)

Ollie: [roll3]
Fort vs Stun [roll4] DC 18
Fort [roll5] DC 18 (Drain Con)

[roll6]
Fort vs Stun [roll7] DC 18
Fort [roll8] DC 18 (Drain Con)

Ok, so Helios passes his Stun save but is reduced to 0 CON and is unconscious. Ollie is also reduced to 0 CON and also failed his Stun save by 11 and therefore is unconscious twice.
Let me know if you want to spend any Hero Points to reroll any of these saves. Feel free to reroll yourself.

The Blaster's concussive force stops one of the creatures in it's tracks and Valkyrie's well aimmed shot takes another's head clean off.
Ollie swings at the one attacking him but misses the grey blur. In return a blueish energy blade his plunged into his side, a sudden burst if electrical interferance overloads his central nervous system. The last thing he can remember is sinking to his knees, fighting with his all to stay upright.
Helios fares little better as the other two leap up at him. An blue energy blade slashes through his foot and although the suit protects him from Ollie's fate the creature still drains the Sun's strength. The lights go out completely as Helios hits the floor.
Those who can see in the dark see the creatures racing away down the corridor.

smuchmuch
2010-06-08, 07:28 PM
The fight hadn't been on for long and it looked like there were alreay two people down. Sudenly Amy doesn't feel like waiting for the last climatic moment at all to get out of here. If the bad guys camme back just now they were finished.

Activating emegency responses.//Tunning zero energy system.//Warning !: risk of overload. Proceed ? y/n Y for the love of Hal !
There is buzzing sound comming from Amy case, as if it was sudenly surcharging in enegy as she flies above a little higher, near magpie
"Please...could you all gather around the bomb ? dr King could you ask your... friends to.. drag the wounded... if necessary ?"
when everyone is in place there is a oomph sounds and a light comme from Amy's zero point energy canon. The result is not obvious at first, barely a slight shimer in the air ahead reinforced by a few floating debris, but anyone trying to get near the group will find itself crashing against an invisible force bubble

Using exta effort to power stunn 28 point worth of telekinesis into Create object (force wall) (8), extra: aera:burst,progression (4).
Will use extra effort again to make it last for the next round.

Amy will try to place herself in order to protect everyone, Magpie included, while still leaving him somme space to work on the locks.

ChronicLunacy
2010-06-08, 08:16 PM
Technarch
Defense: N/A

Tank (Defense 18/Toughness 12 [Impervious 12]) - Unharmed

The Tanker minion dropped what he/it was doing and moved to grab one downed ally in each hand, throwing them over one then the other of his immense shoulders. Once he'd made it to the group and Amy had put up her force field, Dr. King's Armor minion/transport put up its hands as well. A cube of transparent, orange energy appeared overlapping Amy's energy construct, making it so that the creatures would have to tear through both of them to get at the group. "Apologies, Magpie, but might we be able to speed things up?" Milton's machine-filtered voice came from the interior of his armored, mechanical golem while the Blaster and Striker minions guarded the wounded.

Armor Minion creating a similar force construct with a Toughness of 10.

ABILITIES
STR 30 (+10)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8

SAVES
Fortitude --
Reflex +7 (+2)
Will +7 (+2)

COMBAT
Att +10
Def +10
Init +2
Grapple +20

SKILLS
Notice 12 (+14)

FEATS

POWERS
Growth 4 [12pp]

PL10 (150pp)

ABILITIES
STR 14
DEX 14
CON --
INT 8
WIS 16
CHA 8

SAVES
Fortitude --
Reflex +12
Will +8

COMBAT
Att +8
Def +10
Init +2
Grapple +10

SKILLS
Notice 12 (+15)

FEATS

POWERS
Blast 12 [45pp]

ABILITIES
STR 20 (+5)
DEX 30 (+10)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +5 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex +15 (+10)
Will +3 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+10 Melee)
Defense +15
Initiative +10

SKILLS

FEATS

POWERS
Speed 3 (50MPH) [3pp]

ABILITIES
STR 35 (+12)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +12 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex 0 (+2)
Will 4 (+6)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+8 Melee)
Defense +8
Initiative +2

SKILLS

FEATS

POWERS
Immovable 10 [10pp]

Da Beast
2010-06-10, 04:40 PM
Valkyrie fiddles with her control gauntlet, converting her systems into biological scanners and medical equipment. She quickly goes to work on Ollie and Helios, hoping to get her team mates back on their feet as soon as possible.

I'm away from my books at the moment, so hopefully this is right.

Healing, 2 points per rank + action 2 (move action) + total 1 - others only 1 - distracting 1 = 3 points per rank, 5 ranks if I drop all my other gadget powers

Using my hero point from a few rounds back for an extra standard action to shift gadget points, then using two move actions to heal both Helios and Ollie.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Ollie and Helios add their recovery bonuses to the rolls for the final result. Heals worst damage condition on a result of 10, next worst condition for every 5 the roll exceeds 10

Edit: I'm not really sure how stun factors into the equation.

Ladorak
2010-06-10, 05:01 PM
Those who can see into the darkness so the creatures slam right into AMY's barrier at high speed. Shaking their heads they prowl around the bomb unable to approach, their massive wet nostrils quivering in the twilight. The way they stalk is reminiscent of big cats, arrogant and deadly, but their the comparison ends.
As they prowl they chitter and bark at each other and seconds later they've gone again, vanishing down the corridor at high speed. A short while later the wounded one is up and after them.
Magpie has been ignoring all of this, wearing a set of nightvision goggles he goes about his work at a frantic pace. You wait in silence and trepidation until there comes a deafening screech of tortured metal. Magpie flinches and looks up from his work What the hell was that?'' until now he had seemed relatively confident, but now the fear is clear in his quaking voice. The next time he speaks however he has clearly mastered himself 'It doesn't matter I-' Again the terrible cacophony of outraged metal sounds, drowning out the rest of what he says.
And then there is light again, as the massive metal doors crack open even as they howl in protest. Magpie glances up and cries out as the light blinds him. He stumbles back from the Cosmic Energy Rod as a set of massive tentacles curl around the broken doors and rips them asunder.
AMY's holoprojection of Echidna did not do her justice. Revealed in her true form there is only one way to describe her. Horror, total unmitigated horror.
The Sanguisuge are suddenly there, rushing at Echidna. But in a single sweep of her tentacle they are left bloodied and broken, scattered about the lab like the unwanted toys of an unruly child. 'I've disconnected the Rod, get it and get us out of here.'

ChronicLunacy
2010-06-10, 05:40 PM
Technarch
Defense: N/A

Tank (Defense 18/Toughness 12 [Impervious 12]) - Unharmed

At the signal, the Striker minion bounded on all fours to the center of the group. She/it looked about, gathering all of those coming along in sight, then spread her arms out wide. She looked up as her eyes started to glow a brilliant blue and she levitated slightly off of the ground. Electric arcs began to sizzle across the double-layered forcefields surrounding them and over the Striker minion's vaguely feminine form. Then there was a crack of displaced air and the group of rebels was suddenly gone, leaving Echidna to tear at the door in fury.

For the rebels, the travel was a bit disconcerting. One felt their stomach drop to their feet and a sense of profound vertigo and then they were two-hundred miles away, in a field in the middle of nowhere. They didn't have time to rest, however, since as soon as it was again able to teleport, the Striker minion zapped them to a different location before finally teleporting them back to the rebel base from which they'd first set out.

"I apologize for the nausea..." Milton said as he dropped shakily from the interior of the Armor minion. "I felt it was wiser to jump a few times so that we could not be traced back here. It should pass in a few moments."

ABILITIES
STR 30 (+10)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8

SAVES
Fortitude --
Reflex +7 (+2)
Will +7 (+2)

COMBAT
Att +10
Def +10
Init +2
Grapple +20

SKILLS
Notice 12 (+14)

FEATS

POWERS
Growth 4 [12pp]

PL10 (150pp)

ABILITIES
STR 14
DEX 14
CON --
INT 8
WIS 16
CHA 8

SAVES
Fortitude --
Reflex +12
Will +8

COMBAT
Att +8
Def +10
Init +2
Grapple +10

SKILLS
Notice 12 (+15)

FEATS

POWERS
Blast 12 [45pp]

ABILITIES
STR 20 (+5)
DEX 30 (+10)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +5 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex +15 (+10)
Will +3 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+10 Melee)
Defense +15
Initiative +10

SKILLS

FEATS

POWERS
Speed 3 (50MPH) [3pp]

ABILITIES
STR 35 (+12)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON --
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

SAVES
Toughness +12 (--)
Fortitude --
Reflex 0 (+2)
Will 4 (+6)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (+8 Melee)
Defense +8
Initiative +2

SKILLS

FEATS

POWERS
Immovable 10 [10pp]

smuchmuch
2010-06-10, 06:22 PM
Amy

"Well for once I'm happy not to have a stomach, but... "Amy is slightly lagging. She isn't damged but there are a few sparks comming from her case, creating the barrier apparently overloaded quite a few circuit. Even her hologram version wich she rectivated look tired as a reflection of her state. she looks also very worried as it looks hurriedly around her "Please someone tell me they though of grabbing that rod before you teleported us. Or else we have done all this for nothing !" HoloAmy takes her head in her hand in despair "and we need to get back somehow."

She let a good half minute pass before she let a long cylindric shape falls through the outlines of the hologram.
"Joking ♫"

Sadly she doesn't have a neck so, no, you can't strangle her for that.

Grabing the rod with 8 telkinesis before technarch teleport us, extra efforting once more to bump the rank by 2 if necessary.

Raynn
2010-06-10, 07:02 PM
Away from books, so what condition is the Red Ranger in now?:smallredface:

smuchmuch
2010-06-10, 08:00 PM
Ollie is also reduced to 0 CON and also failed his Stun save by 11 and therefore is unconscious twice.

Unconscious for now, (I don't think drained con makes for lethal damage, but your character is probaly slightly comatose.)
That said since were out of combat I doubt it's much of a deal if your character wakes up early

amy faces down the stares of the few people who are still standing.
"Common. it wasn't that bad a joke ! You people are a tarrible audience."

Ladorak
2010-06-10, 08:20 PM
I'll time skip you in the next post and heal all wounds. I can't recall if heal fixes stat drains off the topof my head.

Da Beast
2010-06-12, 04:03 PM
I don't think heal fixes stat drains although maybe there's an extra that lets it do that. Otherwise I limited version of boost is required. Also, unless this changed from DnD, 0 constitution means that you're dead :smalleek:. Maybe I can use gadgets to fix that too?

SuperMuldoon
2010-06-14, 09:31 PM
Helios

Helios awakens as if from sleep. The room is too bright at first, but his eyes soon adjust. "I take it from the fact that I am not a drained husk that we have survived our encounter." he says as he sits up. His head spins a little, but he is able to maintain his seated position. "Tell me, did we succeed in our mission?"

Ladorak
2010-06-15, 07:04 PM
Magpie, still laying half collapsed upon the floor, his hand over his eyes and his weight supported by his elbow. His voice has a hard edge to it 'In many respects you are fortunate you get to ask that question.' He reveals his eyes to look sternly at AMY but seems to be fighting a smile.
You all almost jump, although by steel nerves or robotic indifference none of you actual move, because of the sudden metallic voice in the room 'You did indeed succeed, I have tracked the Cosmic Rod to your location. Sadly so can the Syndicate. Magpie, take them to teleportal E-7. I will transmit you to a safe location for the rod, and then we need to talk.'
Magpie stands up uneasily and waves a hand, a portal through to a poorly lit warehouse opens up. 'Saved the world and nobody got hurt that didn't have it coming. Good day. If you'll follow me ladies and gentlemen?' He bows mockingly with a arm outstretched to the shimmering outline surrounding the portal.

SuperMuldoon
2010-06-18, 01:24 PM
Helios

Helios rises and takes a moment to gather himself. He flexes the joints of his suit to make sure everything is still in order and runs a quick diagnostic. He then turns to Magpie, expressionless "Let us go then." he says, striding toward the portal.

smuchmuch
2010-06-22, 03:42 PM
Amy

Amy juggles with the rod a few time, getting a few scanns on it as it moves trhough the air before getting fed up and following though the portal.

"Well this thing is completly wortheless." Amy hovers around looking at the new environement "So, oh mysteriously ominious voice dear, do you have a plan to get rid of it or are you open to suggestion ? I say chuck it in the Porto Rico ocean rift. I'd like to see the syndicate get it back from there."

Ladorak
2010-06-22, 06:49 PM
Through the portal there is a room not unlike the teleportal room you earlier attacked (The same teleportal you escaped in, after a fashion). Magpie recognises it as similar to the transporter room from some ancient television show so forgotten even AMY has no information on it. Within a chamber of heavily lit brass and stark black plastic there are eight circles lit in dull white light upon the floor. On one of them rests a complicated narrow metal box not unlike a mechanical snooker cue case.

As Magpie feeds the Cosmic Rod into the narrow box various compartments reach out mechanical arms and dissect the Rod. Once they settle into their separate compartments the parts of the Rod cease glowing (A glow that had been equal to Helios' own).
Magpie steps over the box as it closes and seals itself with a hiss. He steps into another of the circles and turns, looking you all in the eye in turn (Apart from AMY of course, although she too is looked upon). He smiles but says nothing.

Once you all step onto the panels there is high pitched noise and then you are gone. Seconds later a Syndicate soldier who had always thought himself loyal suddenly discovered himself a traitor to the despicable cause. He had been turned years ago by no less a figure than the spirit of Hattori Hanzō and had been working covertly for the Red Katana. For the first time he is conscience as his body is possessed by a Katanarchist, he watches in horror as his body suddenly possesses power he never imagined and uses it to send his base to destruction by overloading its' nuclear core and killing anyone who tired to stop him. He escapes on the same teleportal moments before the bases' destruction and shortly afterwards his consciousness ceases to exist.. The spirit of Fūma Kotarō turns up slightly later, seeking Hanzo's spirit and therefore is almost destroyed by the explosion. Long ago Daedalus made nuclear explosions clean, there is no fallout, but nothing survives within the explosion deep in the dystopian labyrinth that is Imperial City. There are almost no civilian casualties amid the Syndicate nerve centre.

Meanwhile you find yourself in a rather different room. Although 'room' is using the term loosely for the massive empty warehouse. There are, however, a number of people to meet you, although it is instantly clear who's in charge. As impossible as his visage may make it seem, the Minotaur in the sharp suit radiates a sense of command. 'On time as always Magpie, thank you.'
'Little more work than usual this delivery' Magpie seems all too happy to hand the Rod off to some lackey. 'I'd like to know what was so important you were conspicuously absent from a mission to save the world.'
The towering bull headed business man answers in an offhand way 'More than you know, they disarmed it didn't they? Tried to turn it into an energy source.'
'That is not answering the question!'
'That question goes unanswered for now.' He turns his attention to you 'Greetings my fellow revolutionaries, I am Highlight, this is an honour.'

smuchmuch
2010-06-28, 08:50 PM
Amy

"Woah." Amy has been unusualy silent for the last few moment, apprently slightly overwhelmed by the unexpected turn the situation has taken.
"Funny, I imagined you different" So many questions... "Are you the minotaur or just somme kind of genetic experiment ? And Daedalus is he like the real deal too ? And theseus did he really exist ? Is it why you hate the syndidcate ? How did you manage to create this organisation and remain unoticed for so long ? How long have you been doing this ? Do you have external support of any kind ?... Someone may want to quell one or another the neverending flow of question if there's going to be even a chance of an answer. 'And the longer she keep going, the sillier the questions gets)."...How many minotaurs are there ? Do you hate the color red ? Are you more like a bovine with humanoid traits or more like a heavily modified humans ? How many stomachs do you have ? Do you..."

sorry if it's not a very good post, tis is moistly a bump.
A question of my own: Is there anyone else still intrested in this game ?

I know darth Ryan is currently out for two wek (so I guess that means Olly will conveniently stay unconcious for that time) but what about the others ?. Is there a reason I missed no one has posted in one week or has everyone just already lost interest ?

SuperMuldoon
2010-07-04, 02:21 PM
Helios

"Well met Highlight." Helios says sharply, to cut off the endless stream of questions from AMY. "It is always a pleasure to meet like-minded individuals. However I am afraid I do not know much about you, though I am sure you know us. I would take it as a kindness if you could tell me a little of what is going on here."

Ladorak
2010-07-05, 06:32 PM
Highlight waits calmly as AMY bombards him with questions, apparently unaware that they would never end. None the less he seems pleased when Helios cuts her short.
Although his manner is friendly he visibly flinches when Theseus' name is mentioned. Finally able to respond he does so gratefully 'Firstly, please don't say that name again. It's been a long time since I heard it. Theseus and I escaped the Labyrinth together, brothers in arms. Imagine my surprise years later when I discover my blood brother has been boasting that he'd killed me.'
He bows low in a style no longer practised anywhere So yes, I am indeed that Minotaur. Daedalus was my enemy before I ever knew he existed and I have fought him ever since. We both made pacts with gods, I am hardly the first Highlight.' He gestures to those around him 'The Illuminati have existed far longer than myself.'
Now he shrugs and at that gesture the people around you suddenly have somewhere else to be, including Magpie 'I wouldn't insult you by suggesting we're not being monitored, but this is mostly private. Most of those you just saw are not privilege to this information.
'When Praetor was deposed the Illuminati also cleaned house. Separate from all that which had been holding us back we've been making ground on them ever since. I was almost ready to make my first offensive move...' He sighs 'Never mind, time's still on my side.
He looks each one of you in turn with an intense gaze, his expression unreadable (Although he is a Bull, so...) 'I have sheltered you, I have financed your creation. I hope I have given you purpose. But now is the price. I planned to give you a free hand for years before calling you in, but that's not to be. I need you all now. Daedalus has perfected his latest Matter Energy converter. It is capable of a field that will cover the entire world. There is however only one energy source powerful enough to... well, power it. That power source is still there on that teleportal. When I leave I shall put it somewhere it cannot be recovered, until then it is safe enough.
'There are however a couple of other things that might be capable of powering it. He smiles and for the first time you truly realise how menacing a Minotaur can be.'But as terrible as this might seem it also affords us an opportunity. Because the energy source that that bastard is most likely to go after happens to be Master Metropolis' black heart and the Syndicate is already in a limited civil war.'

smuchmuch
2010-07-05, 09:05 PM
Amy

For once Amy just shuts up and listen. Sure she asked a lot of questions but she didn't actually expected good to honnest answers.

Da Beast
2010-07-07, 10:09 PM
"So the only question is who do we want to come out on top? If Daedalus were to succeed it would be devastating, but chances to kill Metropolis are few and far between."