PDA

View Full Version : Official WotC base classes with Hide/Move Silently

true_shinken
2010-04-26, 11:58 AM
Hello, guys.
I'm making a list of classes that grant Hide/Move Silently as class skills for a player of mine that wants to play a Shadowdancer.
As of now, I have Rogue, Ninja, Scout, Spellthief, Factotum, Ranger, Monk, Beguiler, Lurk.
With a single level of one of these classes and Able Learner or Guerrila Warrior, the character only needs the feats to qualify - probably needing a few Fighter levels, since Shadowdancer requires three feats.
Are there any other nice prestige classes requiring Combat Reflexes, Dodge and Mobility?
Starting ECL is 9 with LA buyoff, so Stealth class 1/XXX 6/Shadowdancer 2 is a given. I wanted to avoid classes that give evasion or uncanny dodge to capitalize on the benefit of takng shadowdancer.
Sorry if this post is too confusing and thanks for any help ^^

Il_Vec
2010-04-26, 12:04 PM
You can take any class with Evasion, since evasion twice = improved evasion.

MCerberus
2010-04-26, 12:10 PM
You can take any class with Evasion, since evasion twice = improved evasion.

That is not the case. You may be thinking of uncanny dodge.

true_shinken
2010-04-26, 12:11 PM
That is not the case. You may be thinking of uncanny dodge.
Indeed, that was changed from 3.0. Kinda useless with uncanny dodge anyway since Shadowdancers get improved uncanny dodge anyway at 5th.

Human Paragon 3
2010-04-26, 12:16 PM
Dread Commando requires Dodge and Mobility and is a really cool PrC if you have the feats anyway.

It gets full BAB, +3d6 sudden strike, 6+Int skills with a good list and the ability to totally ignore Armor Check Penalty. Oh yeah, and +5 to your entire party's initiative modifier. Great class.

Caliphbubba
2010-04-26, 12:46 PM
I bet there are Domains that give a Cleric Hide/MS as class skills... Trickery and...? Does the Halfling Domain give MS or just a bonus, I'm AFB.

Shadowcasters from Tome of Magic have them too.

reverse ninja'd

Draz74
2010-04-26, 12:52 PM
I'm making a list of classes that grant Hide/Move Silently as class skills for a player of mine that wants to play a Shadowdancer.
As of now, I have Rogue, Ninja, Scout, Spellthief, Factotum, Ranger, Monk, Beguiler, Lurk.

Bard
Monk
Ranger
Rogue
Expert (DMG)
Soulknife (XPH)
Ninja (CAdv)
Scout (CAdv)
Spellthief (CAdv)
Lurk (CPsi)
Beguiler (PHB2)
Shadowcaster (ToM)
Swordsage (ToB)
Factotum (Dng)

Curmudgeon
2010-04-26, 01:02 PM
I bet there are Domains that give a Cleric Hide/MS as class skills... Trickery and...? Does the Halfling Domain give MS or just a bonus, I'm AFB.
Trickery looks like the only domain that makes Hide a class skill for Clerics. Halfling doesn't make Move Silently a class skill.

Caliphbubba
2010-04-26, 01:05 PM
Trickery looks like the only domain that makes Hide a class skill for Clerics. Halfling doesn't make Move Silently a class skill.

ah fair enough. I was pretty sure that Trickery gave the Hide and wasn't sure about the Halfling I think it might only give a bonus to MS. *shrug*

jiriku
2010-04-26, 01:07 PM
Are there any other nice prestige classes requiring Combat Reflexes, Dodge and Mobility?

Swiftblade (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327)requires Dodge and Mobility, plus it grants Spring Attack and Bounding Assault as bonus feats. If you're looking to blend it with Shadowdancer, then the ideal base class to start from would be bard or beguiler, as either will grant you the stealth and skill points to qualify for Shadowdancer, plus the spellcasting needed to qualify for Swiftblade (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327).

Person_Man
2010-04-26, 01:13 PM
Note that if you're just interested in Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, an Hide In Plain Site, there are much better methods then Shadowdancer.

Zeta Kai
2010-04-26, 02:21 PM
Note that if you're just interested in Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, an Hide In Plain Site, there are much better methods then Shadowdancer.

QFT. Shadowdancer has cool fluff, but falls short on crunch.

nedz
2010-04-26, 06:26 PM
Expert(DMG)
Some varients of Dragon Shaman(PH2)
Black*, Gold, Green*, White*
Hide Only: Blue*, Copper*
(* This ones offer skill focus in these skills also)

true_shinken
2010-04-26, 09:47 PM
Thanks a lot for the help, guys. Can't believe I missed Bard and Swordsage!
I showed the player all options and then I'll let you know what he decided. Thanks a lot.

Draz74
2010-04-26, 10:53 PM
Also:

Drow Paragon
Elf Paragon
Gnome Paragon
Half-Dragon Paragon (black, green, or white)
Half-Elf Paragon
Halfling Paragon
Human Paragon
Tiefling Paragon