PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Class/feat/something that gives bonuses for being smaller?

Protecar
2010-04-26, 07:55 PM
So I was talking to my dm the other day and he mentioned he thought he had read of a class(prestige maybe) that gave the user bonuses to anything he fought that was bigger than him. I'm not familiar with anything that does that though--maybe it's a feat? A racial thing? An item? I've no idea.

Any ideas? :smallconfused:

Flickerdart
2010-04-26, 07:57 PM
There's a feat called Confound the Big Folk that gives you bonuses for fighting, I think, from inside an enemy's square, and Giantfelling Gloves (possibly Giantslaying Gauntlets) in MIC that give +xd6 damage when you attack a bigger creature than you, 3 times/day.

The Rabbler
2010-04-26, 08:02 PM
I think the PrC you're thinking about is the halfling giant-slayer (or something like that; maybe it was gnome) from RoTW (RoS if it were the gnome); I don't remember it being all that powerful though.

Protecar
2010-04-26, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the quick replies--you all are a veritable encyclopedia of dnd info :smallbiggrin:

I found the feat and the item. I am still having trouble finding this prestige class though. :smallconfused:

Edit: Nevermind. Gnome Giant-Slayer: found it in complete warrior. And you were right. That prestige class is pretty weak.

Heliomance
2010-04-26, 08:31 PM
The Blade Bravo, in Races of Stone, is what you are looking for I think.

Google "I may be tiny, but you're dead". It's a build that stacks all the things for fighting stuff bigger than you to produce, essentially, Reepicheep, except not a mouse. A tiny thing which stabs you up horribly, and is impossible to hit.

Protecar
2010-04-26, 08:34 PM
The Blade Bravo, in Races of Stone, is what you are looking for I think.

Google "I may be tiny, but you're dead". It's a build that stacks all the things for fighting stuff bigger than you to produce, essentially, Reepicheep, except not a mouse. A tiny thing which stabs you up horribly, and is impossible to hit.

Oh look at that! The blade bravo looks not too shabby. And I'll be sure to check out this google thing. Thank you very much!

Eldariel
2010-04-26, 08:45 PM
Oh look at that! The blade bravo looks not too shabby. And I'll be sure to check out this google thing. Thank you very much!

This may be what you're looking for. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872846/I_May_Be_Tiny,_But_Youre_Dead:_the_other,_melee_Ki ller_Gnome,_for_your_pleasure.?pg=1)

WeeFreeMen
2010-04-26, 08:47 PM
As far as Classes go, I believe Warblade and Swordsage from ToB (and In tandem for Feats: Martial Study / Martial Stance) have access to:

Giant Killing Stance: +2 Attack/Damage rolls and +4AC vs. Larger Foes.
Soaring Raptor Strike: +4 Attack and +6d6 Damage vs. Larger foe [requires jump check]
Wolf Climbs the Mountain: Full-Round - Enter targets square without AoO, deal +5d6 on your attack, remain in his square and gain concealment. If he moves he provokes an AoO.

That is all I can think of off the top of my head. There may be more, I also be

Pluto
2010-04-26, 09:02 PM
Eldariel's link's going to have most of what you want.

Also, ToB came out after the bulk of that thread, iirc. There are a few stances and maneuvers in there that reward small characters for size differences (eg. Counter Charge, Giant Killing Style, Stonefoot Stance).