PDA

View Full Version : The Kobold Resistance (A Team)

FlamingKobold
2010-04-26, 09:37 PM
The mood in your village has dropped as of late. It used to be that you could trade peacefully with the surface-dwellers' encampments near the mouth of the cavern that you lived in. However, two days ago you received word that a new king had come to power in the human lands, adjacent to your own. Whereas the old king had been open-minded and kind, his son was racist and cruel. The first thing he did upon taking power was to assign a 5 gold piece bounty for every kobold in the kingdom, to compensate for a childhood grudge.the entrance to your cave has been boarded up, but scouts have reported that several adventuring parties, looking to make fast money, should arrive today. You only have a few hours to get all preparations ready to defend your people.

King Tius
2010-04-26, 09:55 PM
Beezul

"We must get the women and children out of here? Where should we send them? Deeper underground? Have them escape at night?"

Postmodernist
2010-04-26, 10:07 PM
Kepix

"Bah! Let them come," bellows the kobold, flourishing his rapier. "I'll take all of them on myself."

Emperor Ing
2010-04-27, 04:23 AM
Deker

Fool. An armored kobold holding a bow comes skulking out of the shadows. Do not expect the meddlers to simply fall on your pointed stick, and even if they did you would be crushed.

GenPol
2010-04-27, 06:05 AM
Gix

A green kobold slams his spear into the ground with a large thud.
Unfortunately they are right--while we may be able to hold them off initially, the humans will keep coming until we can't stand against them any more. We have to get ourselves and the noncombatants elsewhere fast.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-27, 07:37 AM
The kobold smirks, streaks of blue flow through his eyeballs like a fire. Then perhaps we should make an example of our first volunteers.

Postmodernist
2010-04-27, 12:37 PM
Kepix looks wryly at Deker."Perhaps our first volunteers should set an example for the others. Let the wretched humans come. We know these tunnels while they do not. We know where each and every trap is; the humans will have to contend with bladed death at every corner. We will strike from the shadows while the humans blunder noisily through our warren. Send the hatchlings deeper into the cavern to safety. Human bodies on pikes will decorate the entrance to our home by nightfall. That should dissuade them. If not, I say we take the fight to them!" Kepix raises his rapier above his head, hoping that he has inspired his fellows to fight and not merely made a fool of himself.

OOC: Presumably, we have a working knowledge or map of our cavern. Are there any locations, traps, or secret chambers worth noting?

Emperor Ing
2010-04-27, 01:11 PM
Deker looks sternly at Kepix, which turns into a brief bout of thoughtfulness, and finally sadistic delight. I disagree, although a warning may seem appropriate, it would anger the mammal tyrant. I propose a more subtle approach. After their blood is spilled as an offering to Kurtulmak, keep the entrance bare and let the trespassers encounter the corpses of their predecessors as they swing towards them from the cavern ceiling and dropped down on top of them as they trigger a specially designed trap.

Postmodernist
2010-04-27, 01:56 PM
Kepix grins as Deker describes his plan. "A delightful thought, but shouldn't we first set about actually killing these humans? Does anyone have suggestions for a substantive plan?"

Emperor Ing
2010-04-27, 02:15 PM
Deker speaks up again.
Indeed I do. Set up traps not far from the exit. I will, with the power of Kurtulmak, create a porticullus trap to drop once they are far far away from the entrance, cutting off their escape and into the threshold of many of our other traps. The power of Kurtulmak shall be used by His mortal servant to create yet another porticullus trap to fall onto what ever takes point in their party, blocking any of their progress. From then, all of us shall let loose our arrows through the grate and through them offer the flesh and souls of these monsters to Kurtulmak.

GenPol
2010-04-27, 04:54 PM
Gix gnashes his teeth hungrily. And those who do not meet their doom from the arrows will find instead meet my spear and claws! However, taking an inventory of what traps, if any, we or our ancestors have already rigged, and form a plan of defense accordingly.

[Yeah, a map of this place may be helpful.]

Emperor Ing
2010-04-28, 01:08 PM
That is a sound plan at the moment, I say we proceed immediately.

((Can ya make a map?))

FlamingKobold
2010-04-29, 08:06 PM
OOC (All)

Right now I'm in Boston, and don't have much map-making capability, due to limited internet time. Here's the deal: Assume anything you want. It's your village, you decide what traps and bends there are. It's the easiest way to do this, i think.

One thing I'll say: Your village is underground, in a large cave. There is only one tunnel to the surface that outsiders know of (there may be others known only to kobolds), but several go deeper underground, towards where the drow, dark dwarves and mindflayers reside.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-30, 05:15 AM
((Since there seems to be a certain lack of maps at this time, I took the liberty of making it myself

Note: The pink walls are rock walls that are dotted with murder holes that individuals who are aware of them can partially see through and shoot arrows through. The red dot is where the PCs are, and the precise entrance to the kobold village is along the square pool of water to the right of the "Entrance to Kobold Village" sign.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/KoboldCavern.png

FlamingKobold
2010-04-30, 06:34 AM
That loks great. Thank you so much. You get a brownie point. Or 2 XP. your choice :smallwink:

Postmodernist
2010-04-30, 10:41 AM
Kepix

"Deker, this sounds like an excellent plan. However, we need to lure the filthy ape-men into your trap, and ensure that they are directed away from the village and toward the defensive positions of our choosing. Otherwise, the repugnant, hairy milk-drinkers might bumble into places we don't want them. Any volunteers to draw them in?" Kepix looks around, simultaneously hoping that he will have to volunteer and that someone else will volunteer before he has to. A conflicted look comes over him.

OOC: Awesome map.

GenPol
2010-04-30, 12:59 PM
Gix

Gix raises his hand cockily. I would volounteer myself for this. I look to be the only one of us that would stand a hit from the hairless monkeys.
With a more serious tone, Gix puts his hand back down and says, And besides, I may not be much help actually making the traps, but setting off traps is a skill of mine. The ape men will follow me as a dragon follows gold. However, we may need more than one person. A single kobold may not be enough for the naked gorillas to feel the need to pursue.

EDIT:
OOC: Yeah, great map!

King Tius
2010-04-30, 01:37 PM
"I'll help bait the trap. I can hit them from further away than the rest of you (250 ft, baby!). We shouldn't have any problem getting their attention."

Postmodernist
2010-04-30, 03:01 PM
Kepix sizes Gix up for a moment, then nods in approval. "Very well. You convince the soft-skinned monkeys to follow you, while the rest of us strike from hiding and set traps. Be fleet of foot, and do not hesitate to hide, run, or call for help. I suggest you employ any protective charms you might have. Any other input before we set to work?"

After the conversation ends, Kepix seeks out any trapmaking tools that might be lying about in the kobold warren, and sets about aiding Deker with the construction of any additional traps.

OOC: I know The Randomizer intends to have Deker cast Summon Trap, but since we have a little time before our enemies arrive, it might be wise to take a few extra precautions.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-30, 03:13 PM
Deker looks at Beezul and grins. Aaah, yes, I have heard of you, a position along the Observation Post would not be doing your long-range prowess justice. His grin changes to one of slight regret. It is a shame the natural workings of the cavern itself does not do your talents justice neither. But be assured brother, you will recieve their attention whether you like it or not.
Deker turns to the rest of the group, more serious toned. Now then, with Kurtulmak willing, our victory today is assured, but I for one wish to maximize the effectiveness of our talents. I do not know if you know me but I am Deker, Chaplain and Preist of Kurtulmak. My prowess in archery is only parralleled by His granting unto me the power to summon our traps on a whim. If any of you could introduce yourselves and your talents, as well as come up with ideas on how to use our home as a weapon, I am always listening.

((I tend to be...irrationally cautious about spelllcasting, but Deker has maxed ranks in Trapmaking and I too intend to use them. I'll try to only use Summon Trap if resources aren't available or time is short.))

Postmodernist
2010-04-30, 03:52 PM
Kepix looks around for a moment, feigning modesty for effect, then breaks out into a wide grin.

"Surely, you jest, Deker. I daresay there isn't a single creature in all of Koboldom that hasn't heard of Kepix, called the Snake-Eye! Tales of my exploits are told in the deepest tunnels and atop the highest mountain peaks. Our lorekeepers have inscribed my derring-do upon the scrolls of ancestry." Kepix glances around, awaiting an uproarious response which does not come. He sheepishly continues, "I am skilled with blade, bow, and dagger. I have knowledge of our people's Great Craft*, and am seldom seen or heard lest I wish to be. My services are yours, Servant of Kurtulmak."

*Translated from the Kobold Draconic: Trapmaking/finding

GenPol
2010-04-30, 03:56 PM
Gix

Gix looks arrogantly forward to Deker. Mine as well, priest. You only need tell me where to stand to attract the hairy scum.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-30, 05:11 PM
Deker's expression seems to be that of at first pride, then thought, then slight amusement. He seems to be randomly cycling between these 3 emotions.
The entrance to our cavern while short is quite narrow. We can gather forces and regroup in the largest chamber just off from the cavern entrance. From there we can examine the extant...gifts to the humans. To us the trapmakers we should gather supplies and rendevous at the chamber near the entrance. To the rest of you, you are free to do what you wish, but my suggestion would be to gather forces and examine positions in and around the entrance to maximize the effectiveness

FlamingKobold
2010-05-02, 10:57 AM
OOC:

So, i guess this is the plan. I want you to declare, IC and/or OOC, what traps you build and where on the map, and where you are when the battle begins. Don't bother with the real rules for trapmaking, as they are ridiculous. Just tell me what you set up/ what you decree to already be there. Pit traps already exist in 3 places along the tunnel, to be triggered by anything over 120 pounds.

Postmodernist
2010-05-02, 11:23 AM
"There is a long hallway, not far from the entrance to our cavern. I say we strike there. The length of the tunnel should allow Gix to dash away with relative ease, and we should be able to block off the tunnel at its narrower portions. The murder holes lining the area would provide us with an easy method of slaying the viviparous human pigs. Perhaps digging a pit trap or two in the same area would provide us with prisoners, and we could glean some information from them. If we fear a more protracted running battle, poison might slow them sufficiently and grant us further advantage."

Kepix then sets about assisting Deker in gathering materials and constructing traps.

Roll Search/Trapmaking/Aid Another whatever as appropriate?

Emperor Ing
2010-05-02, 11:31 AM
That sounds appropriate, but for this moment I have several...ideas for traps the humans might particularly enjoy. Come.
Deker will take 20 in making the following traps along this area, casting Summon Trap to put the Porticulli into place, with the two closest to the entrance rigged to drop on Deker's command. The rest of the traps are triggered upon a 100+ lb creature crossing through them.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/trapsetup.png

FlamingKobold
2010-05-08, 12:25 AM
This is a lot of traps... time for the party rogue to make some checks :smallbiggrin: Deker, just tell me which portcullises drop. More to the point, will you let them get past the second one? Where are the rest of you? When do the arrow traps fire? You need to say these things...

You hear the footsteps of what sounds like a large man in very heavy armor approaching the entrance to your cave. He, and maybe a few other comrades walk through the first portcullis trap, unaware. They round the first bend and the large, loud man walks directly into the razor wire. He grunts in pain and says, "Goddamn kobolds. Keep your eyes open, guys."

Emperor Ing
2010-05-08, 05:41 AM
((I'm pretty sure he can just take 20 on the Craft checks. :smalltongue:))

As soon as the leader walks past the second porticullus trap, Deker is able to see him through the murder holes. He calls the first one to drop, sealing the group in. Their glorious leader then must face the fury of two arrow traps and one javelin trap.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Deker also casts Divine Favor on himself.

Postmodernist
2010-05-08, 12:59 PM
Kepix looks Deker, an impressed grin on his face. He whispers to him, "Well done, priest. Shall we open fire, or wait for Gix to lure the monkey in further?" Kepix nocks an arrow and draws his bow, ready to take aim through the murder holes if necessary.

FlamingKobold
2010-05-09, 12:02 PM
After stumbling past the razor wire, the large, armored human is pegged with with an arrow in his left shoulder and another in his chest, directly through his armor. Immediately after, a javelin is launched and lodges itself in his right hip, taking him to the ground, cursing the kobold race.

You hear several profanities uttered by others, behind the razorwire and not yet in sight. You hear them begin to talk, debating whether or not to follow, and how to go about it

Emperor Ing
2010-05-09, 02:16 PM
(Razorwire is a 1-time trap that can't even be manually reset, it's safe for the humans to travel through it.)

Deker turns to Kepix. Keep your voice low else be heard. For now let them in further. The dropping of the second porticullus is your cue to fire at will. Deker then casts Magic Weapon on his bow.

Postmodernist
2010-05-09, 03:05 PM
Kepix nods to Deker, his grin widening. He holds his arrow at the ready, waiting for the second portcullis to drop.

(OOC: Readied action to open fire on the least armored target once the trap is sprung.)

FlamingKobold
2010-05-09, 06:15 PM
I know, don't worry.

After a short time, three more follow: A human with p\metal armor and a symbol of Pelor around his neck, a gnome in leather with a dagger in each hand, and in the back is a dwarf in robes with a staff. As they pass under the second portcullis, next to their fallen ally, the man in armor kneels down and starts casting a spell, with the dagger wielder goes to the right, and directly in the path of the next arrow and javelin trap. All of them are beyond the second portcullis.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-10, 04:55 AM
The dagger wielder is of too little weight to trigger the traps, and must only contend with the fury of the second porticullus sealing them in.
KILL THE PREIST OF THEIR FALSE GOD BEFORE HE GETS OFF A SPELL.
Deker fires his magically overcharged bow through the murder hole at the cleric.
[roll0] Atk
[roll1] Dmg
[roll2] Shocking Dmg

Postmodernist
2010-05-10, 01:09 PM
Kepix looses an arrow at the Gnome, his racial hatred of the hideous creature momentarily clouding his judgment.

(Since the can't see us, I assume Sneak Attack applies. The little bugger should also be denied his Dex bonus. Point Blank Shot should also apply.)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Emperor Ing
2010-05-10, 03:56 PM
((Say, where's everybody else?

And speaking of PBS, I forgot to add that to damage and atk. So I did 11 dmg and 23 atk. :smalltongue: ))

FlamingKobold
2010-05-10, 07:02 PM
OOC

Everyone else left. Would you guys be cool with it being two person from now on? I'm fine with that, seeing as you guys are awesome about posting. You dropped the second portcullis, right?

Deker's arrow lodges itself into the human's skin after penetrating his armor, momentarily knocked aside, his spell ends and the largest human remains on the floor. Kepix's arrow plunges into the gnome's shoulder and breaks off, leaving a gaping wound. He cries out in pain and whirls around, daggers at the ready. The dwarf readies himself, looking directly at the wall where you are, noticing your location. "There they are," he says in a gruff voice, "Behind those rocks! Take Cover!"

Roll for initiative.

Postmodernist
2010-05-10, 08:04 PM
Kepix prepares to continue firing at the pathetic adventurers.

[roll0]

((OOC: I guess I'm ok with it. I'd like to go forward with the original plan, though.))

Emperor Ing
2010-05-11, 05:03 AM
((Well that was unexpected I guess (No pun intended), and yes the 2nd one did drop.))
Deker cries out at the adventurers in their accursed language, his cover already blown. IS IT WORTH IT?!
[roll0]

FlamingKobold
2010-05-13, 08:51 PM
OOC:

On four d20 rolls, I got all less than 8... You guys go first 2 :smallannoyed:

Postmodernist
2010-05-13, 09:55 PM
Kepix squeals with glee as he looses another arrow at the repugnant gnome.

"Die vermin!"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

((OOC: Should remain flat-footed to me since I won initiative, right?))

OOC EDIT: OH SNAP! CRIT!

Emperor Ing
2010-05-14, 06:34 AM
Deker fires once again, reciting in common.
Is it worth it?!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Lame. X_X

FlamingKobold
2010-05-15, 09:29 PM
OOC:

No crit confirmation roll? :smallconfused: Oh well, I did one for you and you succeeded, then got a 4 on the extra d4, for a grand total of 13 damage. And yeah, he remains flatfooted. Ouch on the natural one :smallfrown:

Kepix's second arrow flies straight to the surprised gnome's jugular, dropping him instantly into a pool of his own blood. The Cleric cries out "No! Alrin, hang in there, we'll take care of these vile creatures!" He then mutters a short prayer and a bright flame appears in his hand, which he then hurls at Kepix, making the small kobold feel intense pain.

The dwarf waves his arms and speaks words of arcane power as he fires two missiles, seemingly of pure magic, at Deker.

Kepix takes 8 damage, no save. Deker takes 5 damage. And yeah, you just got magic missile'd :smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2010-05-16, 05:20 AM
Deker grunts in pain from the magic missiles as he fires off another arrow.
In draconic: I want one of them alive so I can kill them myself.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm324/JagerMeisterInternets/RageFace2.png

Postmodernist
2010-05-16, 03:10 PM
Kepix squeals with delight as the gnome falls and again in pain, the flame singeing the few tufts of hair sprouting from his scales. "Must we really keep one of them alive? More's the pity," he responds in Draconic to Deker. "Which would you rather see live?"

Kepix carefully takes aim at the dwarf, ready to loose an arrow should he cast another spell.

((OOC: Readied action to shoot the spellcaster and try to disrupt him should he cast again. Sorry about forgetting the crit confirmation roll.))

FlamingKobold
2010-05-16, 03:28 PM
Deker again let's an arrow fly drastically too high, off balance from the force of the missiles. The Cleric, seeing his paladin friend will die without quick attention, bends down and casts a spell, saying, "Jeron, take care of them. A few more missiles should do it." As the paladin begins to sit up again, after the healing spell is complete, the dwarf says, "Right you are," and begins his incantations.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-16, 04:29 PM
Deker tries to fire on the caster again.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
<So I can kill it myself, sacrifice to Kurtulmak.>

Postmodernist
2010-05-16, 10:55 PM
Kepix sees the caster make unusual gestures, and looses an arrow at him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

FlamingKobold
2010-05-17, 07:39 PM
Kepix's arrow contacts the dwarf in the shoulder. While it was just a glancing blow, it was enough to throw off the wizard's concentration for just long enough to make the spell fail. Deker's follow up attack proves to be more effective, staggering the dwarf, who looks like he's about to drop.

Kepix's turn, then the NPCs. The paladin is a valid target, again.

Postmodernist
2010-05-18, 12:52 PM
Kepix nocks another arrow into his shortbow and takes aim once again at dwarf, astonished that the creature is still standing.

"Die, ugly beard man!" Kepix calls to the adventurers, somehow certain that he mistranslated things in the heat of battle. Regardless, they'll be the last words the dwarf hears.

[roll0]
[roll1]

FlamingKobold
2010-05-18, 03:38 PM
Kepix's arrow hits the dwarf directly in the chest and he drops with a dull thunk against the wall. The paladin gets up, thanking the cleric who immediately dashes over to the rogue, trying to keep his party alive.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-18, 04:11 PM
Deker fires upon the cleric to prevent further healing from taking place. The instant he moves further into the cave he has a javelin and an arrow waiting for him.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
(Assuming that the human doesn't trigger these traps, can I use these rolls should someone else trigger them?)
Deker himself fires on the cleric.
Death to followers of the false candy! Obviously his common is not too great.
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
((And neither are my attack rolls))

Postmodernist
2010-05-19, 11:40 AM
Kepix, tired of contemplating new insults in a language he barely understands, nocks and fires an arrow at the cleric.

[roll0]
[roll1]

FlamingKobold
2010-05-20, 03:29 PM
Both the traps pierce the man's armor and interrupt his healing of the rogue. Deker's arrow merely rebounds off of his armor while Kepix Easily hits, just barely missing the throat for a kill. "I hate these little vermin things," he says, glaring.

Meanwhile, the Paladin is on his feet and takes out his bow, seeing that there is no way he'll be able to attack with a sword through the murder holes.

Postmodernist
2010-05-20, 03:44 PM
Kepix fires another arrow at the cleric, hoping to bring the blasphemer down.

"Who you call vermin, ugly milk-eater?!?" he bellows at the cleric.

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: Whoa. Crit #2.

Postmodernist
2010-05-20, 03:45 PM
Confirmation roll:

1d20+10

Postmodernist
2010-05-20, 03:47 PM
Hmmm... let's try this again. *Grumbles about the forum 60 second posting limits*

[roll0]

Remember, shortbow is X3 damage. :)

Emperor Ing
2010-05-20, 04:21 PM
((I think I hate you. :smalltongue: ))
Sensing danger, Deker fires on the fighter pulling out his bow.
Feel my sash of Kurtulmak!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

FlamingKobold
2010-05-20, 05:19 PM
Kepix's arrow this time strikes true, hitting the man in the throat and taking him down immediately. Meanwhile Deker fires on the already weakened paladin, lodging the arrow directly into the man's stomach and forcing back to the ground in the same position as before.

All are unconscious, with a large pool of blood collecting on the cavern floor.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-21, 07:00 AM
Deker looks briefly at the field of battle. Noticing the creatures dead, he runs over to the fallen gnome. He can feel blood rushing through his body in exitement? Anger? He gets down on his knees, and whispers a prayer to Kurtulmak, and coup-de-graces the fallen gnome with an Inflict Moderate Wounds spell.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-21, 07:02 AM
[roll0]
Inflict dmg

Postmodernist
2010-05-21, 12:59 PM
Kepix shoulders his bow, and moves toward the bodies of the fallen adventurers, drawing his dagger as he goes.
"Which do you want for the sacrifice? The knight or the follower of their false god?" he says as he stands over the dwarf, his blade poised to slit the creature's throat.

"Kurtulmak damn these horrid beasts. I can't tell where his beard ends and his throat begins!"

[roll0] ((Double damage on coup de grace, right?))

Emperor Ing
2010-05-21, 01:26 PM
Deker levels an unapproving stare at Kepix.
Hmm, it would appear you have already chosen for me. End the knight and grab some rope if there is any available.

((CDG is considered taking 20 on an attack roll, so unless your crit range is 21-20, it's an autocrit which also requires a fortitude roll on part of the victim DC = 10 + Damage dealt in order to not die.

TL;DR: They're dead.))

Postmodernist
2010-05-21, 02:21 PM
"I'll happily end the knight," says Kepix, leaping over to the fallen human and kicking off his helmet, "but, I'm not your accursed slave. You grab some rope, priest, or make one of the others do it." Kepix then kneels and pushes his dagger into the human's throat, tearing out the windpipe with a jerk. A pathetic gurgling gasp emerges from the rapidly expiring paladin.

"Say, where did the others go? I could have sworn there were four of us initially. Did the warlock and the big stupid one run away? Cowards."

((OOC EDIT: Its been forever since I used a CDG on anyone in D&D. I'm so used to playing more heroic characters.))

FlamingKobold
2010-05-21, 04:11 PM
OOC:

What are you talking about? Kobolds are super heroic :smallwink:

Emperor Ing
2010-05-21, 04:28 PM
Deker narrows his eyes at Kepix.
Be silent and get the rope.
He relaxes.
If it provides any consolation you may lead the ritual that I have in mind. It is quite simple and could be quite satisfying.

Postmodernist
2010-05-22, 11:59 AM
"Oh my, what a tremendous honor," Kepix sarcastically intones in response to the priest of The Horned Sorcerer, as he rummages through his pack for some rope. "Here, take your blasted rope. You tie up the human while I check their bodies for anything useful."

Kepix tosses Deker 50 feet of hempen rope from his sack, and then begins searching the bodies for items of value.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-22, 01:25 PM
Deker catches the rope and takes 20 in tying up the unconscious dwarf.

FlamingKobold
2010-05-23, 12:19 PM
While Deker successfully ties up the Dwarf, Kepix finds a number of useful things.

Cleric: Holy Symbol, Chainshirt, A very nice looking mace, and a small, blue potion spell component pouch

Paladin: Chainmail with inscribed golden holy symbols Longsword, Bow, rope, rations, torches

Wizard: Spellbook, Staff, Spell component pouch, crossbow, two potions, orange and blue

Gnome: Shortsword, thieve's tools, leather armor, dagger, shortbow

Between them you find 86 gp, 7 sp, assuming you look for a while.

Postmodernist
2010-05-23, 12:54 PM
Kepix grins as he pores over the spoils of battle. "We should take these to our warren's sorcerer to have them identified," he says to Deker. "Perhaps these are more useful than they appear. We certainly could benefit from knowing the properties of the potions, and the spellbook could come in handy to casters. At the very least, we could keep them in a storehouse or arm our villagers. What do you think?" Kepix then pockets the thieves' tools, before stuffing everything into several sacks and preparing to return to the village.

He pauses for a moment, his grin fading into a thoughtful look,"How long do you reckon it will be until they send more adventurers down here?"

Emperor Ing
2010-05-23, 04:02 PM
Deker gets up after double-checking his work.
That is a sound plan. While I doubt there is much of theirs we can use, it would be wise to arm ourselves with what we can use. The potions being one, I am certain my warnings about them would be redundant. Deker looks down the tunnel closed off by the porticulluli, the ones he can dismiss at any time. As for more adventurers, I cannot say, but if I were to guess I would say two days. Nevertheless, I have plans for this one. Please stand by and be ready to attack.
Deker casts Cure Light Wounds on the bound dwarf
[roll0]

Postmodernist
2010-05-23, 05:50 PM
Kepix nods to Deker and draws is rapier, holding it at the ready. "Plans for this one, eh? What do they entail? Do you intend to take him with us into the village, or do you have something more sinister in mind?" Kepix glances at the bodies of the fallen humans and gnome. "What shall we do with the bodies? You mentioned something before about swinging them from the cavern ceiling." Kepix then eyes the dwarf, smiling as the mage regains consciousness.

"Shave ale beard?" he says in broken Common, a wicked grin playing across his snout as his rapier gently tousles a few hairs in the dwarf's beard.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-24, 05:27 AM
I believe it is fitting. This beast was one who wanted to slaughter hundreds, now hundreds will slaughter the one. In a musingly sarcastic tone: And please do not collect rocks along the way and deposit them in a pile not far from the dwarf so our villagers can Stone it. He turns slightly to the other corpses.
Correct. The swinging bodies may not kill, but it will strike fear and discord straight into the hearts of any future guests we might encounter.

Postmodernist
2010-05-24, 01:34 PM
Kepix nods at Deker in agreement. "Very well, then. Let's go, shall we?" He then deftly flicks a tuft of hair out the dwarf's beard with his rapier, laughing slightly as it exposes a bald spot on the creature's chin. He then makes his way back toward the village, hauling the assorted loot back through the cavern.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-25, 10:54 AM
Lead on. Deker will follow not far behind, dragging the dwarf with the excess string of rope.

Postmodernist
2010-05-25, 02:38 PM
Kepix hauls the items back into the main cave, ready to triumphantly greet his fellow kobolds with news of his glorious victory. He mentally prepares a speech, and Deker can occasionally hear him mutter things to himself.

"And then with perfect... no, impeccable aim, I slew the gnome..."

FlamingKobold
2010-05-25, 07:09 PM
As you arrive, you see a band of kobolds, all anxiously waiting. As you come into view, they cheer and shout things such as "They have saved us!" or "They have slain the foul transgressors!" When they see the bound dwarf, they cheer even louder, with glee.

Postmodernist
2010-05-26, 11:10 AM
Kepix bows, doffs his hat, and waves it to the crowd."Yes, yes, you're all very welcome. Never forget your eternal debt of gratitude to the incomparable and magnificent Kepix. Where is the Chief Sorcerer? We have need of his expertise." Kepix looks over at Deker, concern in his eyes. "Once we've determined if these humans had anything useful on them, perhaps we should begin our preparations for the inevitable next group? We should meet with the elders to discuss the tribe's next move."

Emperor Ing
2010-05-26, 11:58 AM
Deker, in a commanding voice, addresses the crowd in a manner similar to a sermon this priest is likely very used to giving out.
My faithful, let us not forget those that dared to defy the will of the Great Horned Sorcerer, those that value His people as simple pocket change. Let us not forget that today is not a day to cast the righteous shadows of hatred either, for today is a day of great joy, of celebration for His guidance of our battle. The people of Kurtulmak are a glorious people, the mammals were foolish to deny this. They sought pocket change for the blood of His glorious people. Deker steps to the side, revealing the bound shaved dwarf. This...heretic sought out hundreds, and hundreds he shall recieve. I leave you the heretic. He sought judgement on hundreds, so shall the hundreds pass judgement on he.

FlamingKobold
2010-05-26, 11:41 PM
The mass of kobolds shout with glee as they overrun the dwarf with many weapons and tools, forming a large crowd around him. Meanwhile, the chief sorcerer arrives and walks up to Kepix. "For what purpose do you require my assistance, young one?" he asks.

Postmodernist
2010-05-26, 11:49 PM
"Servant of the Horned Sorcerer, we discovered these items among the bodies of the slain mammals," Kepix solemnly states as he opens the sack and displays the spoils of battle. ""We require that you identify them so that we might find anything of use in our struggle against the overlanders."

He looks over at Deker, then at the kobolds preparing to assault the shaven dwarf. "Perhaps we should interrogate the beard man before destroying him? We might uncover the sundweller's plans."

Emperor Ing
2010-05-27, 05:11 AM
Deker turns from the mass mauling to Kepix
Were we to take the time to interrogate it we would be doing the beast a favor by keeping it alive for many more minutes, even hours. Justice is quicker and far more efficient, but I sense I shall not sway you. He turns to the mauling, his arms folded across his chest. Very well. While it seems a little too late for this one
Deker goes down on one knee, and whispers a prayer to Kurtulmak, giving the dwarf to the masses of His faithful as an offering. Afterwards, still on one knee, he turns to Kepix again.
I do not doubt there will be others in the future, if you wish to interrogate them that is your prerogative.

Postmodernist
2010-05-29, 12:15 PM
Kepix sighs in response to Deker, and then returns his gaze to the kobold arcanist. "Can you help us, Sorcerer? Time is of the essence in this matter."

FlamingKobold
2010-05-31, 12:36 AM
I would be delighted to aid you, young ones," he continues, taking the items, "I shall have them properly identified by tomorrow at midday, at the earliest." After receiving them he asks, "Is this all of them? If so, I'll get started immediately."

Emperor Ing
2010-05-31, 04:50 AM
Deker turns to Kepix. I am quite sure this is all of them, right?

Postmodernist
2010-05-31, 10:07 AM
Kepix nods, certain that he has shown the chief sorcerer everything recovered from the humans. "Thank you," he intones before looking back at Deker. "Now what?"

Emperor Ing
2010-05-31, 10:27 AM
Deker grins. Simple. Reset the traps, or build more. I can think of three that never even had a chance to be activated. The summoned porticculi should buy us time should more of these creatures already be on their way. Then, we rest.

Postmodernist
2010-05-31, 11:04 AM
"Very well. I suppose that will do for now, but we cannot hold them off indefinitely. They'll keep coming, and there will be more of them, they'll be more cautious. I don't think this plan is tenable in the long term. We should do something. The tribe could be relocated or we could train our people as warrior and take the fight to them. Something, anything. Even if the humans are stupid enough to keep sending adventurers to their deaths, they might get lucky. We need a plan." Kepix quirks an eyebrow at Deker and the Chief Sorcerer, indicating that he is open to suggestions from any field.

Emperor Ing
2010-06-02, 06:40 AM
I doubt the genocide of our race in a full-scale siege on their kingdom will accomplish much. The training of our people in the ways of warfare will do well in the long term, and it will buy us time in slowing down their adventurers while one of us scouts out a new home.

FlamingKobold
2010-06-03, 04:15 PM
"I have watched over this village for many decades, but now it is your time," the sorcerer says. "You are in charge now, and it is up to the two of you to decide. I will stand behind whatever you choose."

Emperor Ing
2010-06-04, 09:20 AM
Yet you still have a voice and a mind. I wish to hear your suggestion to a long-term plan.

King Tius
2010-06-06, 08:27 PM
OOG: Hey sorry guys but I should probably bow out of this game. I disappeared for a month and am still struggling to catch up to the games I'm running and I never really got started in this game anyways. Sorry again!

Postmodernist
2010-06-11, 09:47 PM
((It has been a week and I've yet to see any posts of substance here, and we're primarily in need of some DM responsiveness. Should I assume that this thread is dead?))

Emperor Ing
2010-06-12, 05:33 AM
((He's around, I checked his profile for the time of his last activity. But seriously, stop neglecting the thread.))