PDA

View Full Version : The Bounty Hunters of Ragnon Group Alpha

Pages : [1] 2

Averagedog
2010-04-26, 10:14 PM
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8382526#post8382526)

This is the IC Thread:

In this magical world of Magerra many ships braved the Oceans of mystery while many more disappeared within the mysterious mists of the Oceans of Mystery for a variety of reasons. The main continent of this world of Magerra is, simply put, over populated. War and strife ravaged the continent between warring factions of two different human empires, the allied elven conclave with the dwarves, the horde of many evil creatures and men, and the Dragons of the old world. Just as all hope was lost for peace, a band of so called multi racial heroes gathered together and braved the Oceans of Mystery and discovered what appeared to be a large uninhabited landmass. Needless to say, all fighting for territory ceased and treaties were made among all of these factions, except for the horde of evil of course :P. Soon many colonization ships filled with those with hope, those that wish to escape a dead land, those with greed, those with a free spirit, and those filled with patriotism for the further glory of their faction.

Out of the 50,000~ ships that left for the new mysterious continent only 10,000~ of these ships successfully made it to the new landmass. No one knows what happened to the others, but they have never been seen in this age. The survivors of the journey quickly built several cities, each ruled by one of the separate factions from the old continent. The 2 of the 5 cities were ruled by men, one was ruled by the elves, another ruled by the dwarves, and the last ruled by Dragons. From these cities, many towns and villages spread outwards to cultivate the land, find resources, and create trade between all the cities. After 3 human generations have passed and the lands of all of these cities have expanded enough, these peoples from the old continent finally came in contact with the Felids. The Felids are a cat like race that comes in several types. They are long lived, perhaps even longer than the elves and they have cultivated this continent they have called "Ragnon" for thousands of years. They are a mystical race that draw their magical energies from the land, their souls, and an unknown source they have never revealed to the foreigners. The Felids offered their greetings to the newcomers of the continent and informed them of the many dangers outside of the zone they have created to protect them for these three generations. This zone was maintained through a constant vigil of the highest ruling class of the Felids located in their capital city in the direct center of the continent. This city is unlike any ever seen by the foreigners. It is a terraced living mountain that seems to disappear into the clouds. Everything they would ever need to subsist grows on the mountain, livestock and other animals live on these terraces in their own carefully crafted ecosystems. With the Zone taken down, the Age of Colonization was at an end. Threats of burgeoning hordes of monsters and other malicious/or neutral/ creatures suddenly came slamming at the borders of the five cities. A call for mercenaries was set forth to all corners of the known land. The military force of each city was increased but never strong enough to do more than just protect. Many organizations were created for the purposes of hiring mercenaries and distributing them to places that needed help. The younger Felids left their isolated communities and their capital in an effort to learn from the new races on their continent. Many of them sponsored and created Mercenary companies to help the cities with their problems. The second age of Ragnon has begun.

You, the character, find yourself sitting in one of the few Taverns in the Felid Enclave of the Human city of "Vigilar." You have been employed by a powerful Felid named Wendell who owns the enclave and consequently the mercenary groups under his sponsorship. He has called you to this particular Tavern to meet with others such as yourself to be sent on your first assignment. You agreed for your own motives, but you hear the pay is good and possible rewards great. You sit at your table and wait until two other mercenaries sit at your table. The bartender, a crusty looking dwarf wearing a blackened leather apron, a white cooking chefs hat and an eye patch, gives you a free round of drinks and some dinner that consists of roast veal, potatoes, and some nuts and cheese. He then notifies you and your cohorts that Wendell will visit personally shortly. You feel the need to strike up a conversation with your newfound allies.

Duskranger
2010-04-27, 12:47 AM
Terok

Thanks for the food my dear bartender, here do you have something for your bothers. Terok gives the man a silverpiece and inhales the smell of the food.
It smells delicious. He lifts his helmet up a little bit and starts eating and drinking.

Volthawk
2010-04-28, 12:15 PM
"So, here are my new comrades, eh?"

Luke, as that was his newest pseudonym, stared at the food, before slowly starting to eat.

"I suppose as we're being recruited, it should be safe..."

Duskranger
2010-04-28, 12:18 PM
And if not, my fortitude save is high enough. Besides the dwarf looks like a friendly fellow. What's your name, mine is Terok.

Volthawk
2010-04-28, 12:19 PM
"My name? Erm, Luke."

Averagedog
2010-04-28, 10:08 PM
After some more small talk between the mercenaries, the door opens and two tall cloaked figures enter the tavern, each holding a large brown sack. The dwarf looks up from his cleaning of the bar table and his face lightens up.

"Hello good masters," the bartender says, "Would you like a your free customary rounds?"

"No" both of them say simultaneously, "We are here on the behalf of our father, Wendell. We were told that two of his new mercenary hirelings were told to meet here for their first assignment."

The Bartender points towards your group and the other you see across the bar room.

With that, each of them turn towards the two mercenary groups.

The one that approaches your group takes off the hood of his cloak revealing the catlike features of a Felid. You have never seen a felid this close before as they generally are confined to their various ambassadorial compounds. Whenever they leave, they usually wear their cloaks to hide themselves from the general public. This one had a tiger like head with Gray fur striped with black, a black pony tail streaked with gold, and piercing silver eyes. Taking off the rest of his cloak, wet from the rain outside, revealed his breastplate armor made out of a material you have never seen before worn over a leather vest and a large gauntleted glove over his left hand with a large cat's eye jewel embedded on the center. At his side rests a curved bastard sword with a customized pommel with a golden tiger head crest with Emerald eyes. His long tail is wrapped around his waist, twice over. Other than that, he wears leather breeches with customized buckled boots for his feet.

(( a person can roll a knowledge nature check if they have the skill ))
(( a person can roll a knowledge arcana check if they have the skill ))

The Felid man bows politely, much like the way a musical conductor would, then says, " Hello Human" then looking at the half minotaur, his head at an angle with interest, "beasst man, I am Pendel, a sson of Wendell. He hass ssent me herre in orderr to give you and yourr cohorrts yourr assignment"

"Wherre iss yourr thirrd...comrrade?"
_________

Duskranger
2010-04-29, 12:51 AM
Knowledge arcane: [roll0]

I do not know sir. And what about cohorts? I was thinking we would be going alone in this.

Volthawk
2010-04-29, 11:29 AM
"Yeah, he was a no-show. Shame though, I was getting curious..."

Averagedog
2010-04-29, 12:22 PM
Knowledge Arcana results: You see a ghostly shield floating slowly around pendel with several strange looking ghostly runes floating around him.

The Felid nods, then shakes his head slowly. He places his right hand on the gem on his gauntlet and seems to concentrate deeply for a moment, then says, "I understand father, I will do as you wish."

The Felid turns to the others then says gravely,
"Until a suitable replacement can be found, I will join with your group in your journeys. I am the youngest and least powerful of Wendell's sons, I practice the arts of rune channeling, a popular form of pursuit of power in my species. While I know that I am stronger than the both of you, it should not hinder the glory and wealth you are all likely to receive should we succeed. Do you agree to these terms?"

Volthawk
2010-04-29, 12:23 PM
"Eh, why not. Besides, glory really ain't my thing."

Duskranger
2010-04-29, 12:25 PM
Off course, as long as evil will be waylaid and those the innocent can sleep a little bit better I do agree with you.

Averagedog
2010-04-29, 12:51 PM
"Very well, Our assignment then is a delivery quest within the city. We have to safely transport an ancient tome that has the abilities to permanently increase one's alacrity. This tome is very valuable and takes considerably shorter to gain it's effects. We are to deliver this tome to the other side of the city covertly to the human mage's guild at night for the highest chance of avoiding pick pockets and thieves as you foreigners call them. Intelligence shows that we are most likely going to be attacked by assasins in either case but have the least chance of injuring normal citizens that might be around during the day."

Pendel hefts the sack on the table.

"In here are our specialized supplies for the mission. in each smaller bag is a flask containing a special brew that will temporarily give you the eyes of a felid in order for you to see well at night, several cure light wounds potions ((3)), a complementary sugar treat your peoples enjoy and a bundle of catnip that is very popular among my species."

The Felid pauses for a moment then continues, "Assuming that you all use this type of plant for recreational purposes...We are supposed to start the delivery of this tome in a few days, we first have to journey to retrieve it safely. Will you all be ready to perform your job tomorrow?"

Volthawk
2010-04-29, 12:52 PM
"Yeah, I'm actually ready now, but sure."

Duskranger
2010-04-29, 12:57 PM
I think you are a little hasty Luke. Could we at least plan the route we need to take. I want to be as prepared as possible. I do not want innocent bystanders to get hurt. The sugar threat I will have, but the catnip you may keep. I keep far away from those kind of things. Even so I thank you for your kindness. When do you expect us to be able to plan everything.

Volthawk
2010-04-29, 12:59 PM
"Right, yeah. Limiting collateral damage, gotcha."

Averagedog
2010-04-29, 01:06 PM
"We have three conventional choices for a route, we can either go through the main road at night, which is usually patrolled by human soldiers. We can leave the city walls and go around the entire city. Or we can take the back alley's and hope no one sees us." The felid wrinkles his nose then says, "Or we can take the sewers...When you foreigners first started drawing plans for the city, we suggested that the sewers be made large enough to travel through or hide in, in case of siege from enemies. However we have not forseen that it would soon become a hot-bed of disease, vagrants, and the homeless. In all cases the book will be transported in a sealed heavy wooden case to protect it from the elements and we are traveling by our feet."

Duskranger
2010-04-29, 01:17 PM
My sensitive nose will not be able to handle the sewers. By the conventional ways only the main road will look less conspicous. I'm afraid I will be too big andburly to go around sneaking so the main road will be my choice. Maybe out in the open, but if Luke and you keep a eye out I will probably be able to defend the bookcase. I do suggest you make it extra heavy so that only someone with my size could handle it easily. And seal the box magically. So that they will have a hard time opening it on the way. That way I will carry the case, and they will have a hard time taking it. When someone attacks us I will put the case down, grab my weapon and join in the fight. Do you agree with that?

Averagedog
2010-04-29, 02:02 PM
Pendel looks over Terok noting the obvious strength behind the suit of armor and nod's his agreement to the plan.

Averagedog
2010-04-30, 06:43 PM
"If there is anything else either of you will need of me, I will be preparing for tomorrow night's activities and alerting the mages of our coming. Here, use this to contact me"

Pendel hands over a finely cut Catseye gem.

"Concentrate on my name and think of the words you want me to receive. I will not be able to respond back, but i will be able to hear what you have to say. I bid you all good evening."

Pendel gives another bow then gestures with his left hand into the air. The air crackles with energy as 3 runes appear around him thrumming with power. He says words of power in his native language and after a few minutes of chanting, a sphere of turquoise power with chains of words of powers, in his language, appear. There is a flash and a large crack and he is gone. The place where he was standing is charred and a small bag remains. The Bartender walks forth and picks up the bag. He opens it revealing a some of gold coins. He counts it off then nods appreciatively.

"Every time one of them Runeswords casts that teleportation spell of theirs, it leaves a charred mark beneath them. Every time they do it in here, they pay for the damages in advance"

((I will advance the plot whenever your characters go to bed after talking/finishing dinner ect...))

Volthawk
2010-05-01, 02:35 AM
Luke pockets the gem after looking at it for a while.

"So...Terok, was it? What's your class, then? And what do you do?"

Duskranger
2010-05-02, 01:31 PM
I hit things. I am the elite of the church, a Magitech Templar. We are the defenders of the humans. We take care of those that can't do it themselves. And what are you?

Volthawk
2010-05-03, 03:43 PM
"Me? I'm a factotum, a jack of all trades. I use poison. Anyway, I don't know about you, but I'm going to hit the sack."

The Factotum gets up and walks off.

Duskranger
2010-05-04, 06:41 AM
Goodnight, I will see you tomorrow. Terok says while he also gets up, hits one of his horns on the lamp excuses the owner and walks to his room (where he will undon his armor, falls asleep).
When he wakes he first puts his armor on, than he prays to Kord for an half hour and than goes down (this will be early in the morning when the sun rises). After the prayers he will ask the owner of the inn if he may chop some wood for the inn, because he didn't need to pay them. And if he gets permission he will chop some wood. That's the morning and how he uses it.

Averagedog
2010-05-05, 03:56 PM
In the late afternoon of the next day, the group is summoned to the Reliquary where to their unsurprise, Pendel stood stoically in front of the doors, easily holding a large heavy iron box under one arm. When he sees the group approach, he comes down the steps and hands the object to Terok with one hand. ((The box with the book weighs roughly 250 pounds))

"Gentlemen, are you ready for the job?" he says with a sly grin.

Duskranger
2010-05-06, 02:37 PM
I always am ready. I was already waiting for this to start. Terok cracks his knuckles, heaves the box on his shoulders without much problems.
I'm sorry to tell you that I am at this moment carrying my light load and can only move as fast as 30' per round. But as long as you both take a good look around and take care that I will not be targeted I will be fine.

Volthawk
2010-05-06, 02:40 PM
"Wait, usually you can go faster? Anywho, I'm ready."

Duskranger
2010-05-06, 02:44 PM
One if the bonuses if being bigger than you. The next big plus is that my weapon reaches twice the length of a normal spiked chain. I can hit someting from 20' away. And I can also use the weapon in close combat. But everyone has his own specialty, I am a lousy sneaker. But I come prepared. By the way, how is the box locked, if I may ask.

Averagedog
2010-05-07, 04:22 PM
"By an obscure arcane locking spell. It isn't the same spell by the same name as your wizards from your continent created. Instead this lock is locked by an intricate network of runes that are bonded by my magic. In other words, as long as I am conscious, the book will not open... The biggest reason why you are holding it good Terok is because they will assume you have the key, thus allowing me to hunt then by flanking your movements while keeping the real key safe. Is that enough explanation for you?"

Duskranger
2010-05-08, 02:32 AM
Off course, but that means as soon as they knock you out, we do have a problem. I mean, than they could open the box. If they got through me and Luke here that is. So please just stay awake. And shall we move.

Volthawk
2010-05-08, 04:09 AM
"Alright, Pendel. I'm coming with you. Sounds like you need to be kept alive."

Duskranger
2010-05-08, 04:16 AM
Alive and conscious Luke. Let me be the decoy. I can handle it. My armor will protect me against most harm. What for sign will we use if you sense an attack coming. I mean is there something you can use that's not really visible for anyone but me. A stone that becomes warm paired with an stone in your possession perhaps. So that as soon as the stone gets warmer I know I need to draw my weapon.

Volthawk
2010-05-08, 04:28 AM
"No, I'm going with him. You can just do your protection thing, while I'll stay with him. As for a communication method.......I suppose maybe some kind of noise the enemy wouldn't be suspicious of...."

Duskranger
2010-05-08, 04:52 AM
It should be hearable. But further a sound is also good. Probalby even cheaper.

Averagedog
2010-05-08, 08:56 AM
Pendel pulls out an object from his pocket and gives it to Terok. It looks like an expertly crafted steel whistle.

"This whistle makes sound at a frequency only animals such as dog's and cats can here. We the Felids are close to racial cousins," Pendel said simply. Also, I forgot to buff myself.

Pendel took several steps back then whispered a few words. 6 runes appeared around him all marked the same. a barely perceptible image of a larger version and much more muscular version of him self appeared for brief moments around him then slowly shrunk and faded into him. Next His armor glowed a primal green and an image of a tiger's face appeared briefly on his chest piece before disappearing. Next, several more runes appeared around him. These runes were different. They span around for a few seconds then combined into a small floating ghostly shield that oscillated around his body.

"Shall we start then?"

Volthawk
2010-05-08, 08:57 AM
"Er ,yeah. Sure. By the way, what class are you? I've never heard of stuff like that before, with the runes and stuff."

Averagedog
2010-05-08, 12:09 PM
"A Runesword. We are the main form of casters of our people. There are clerics of course, but the true practioners of arcane might in this land are another thing altogether. Others of this class tend to serve as sergeants or liutenants in our defensive forces and for exploration."

Pendel leads the group onto the main road, then motions luke to follow him into the side streets. After giving the signal to terok, the group started off in the twilight shadows....

Duskranger
2010-05-08, 12:20 PM
Terok moves through the street while looking from left to right and trying to keep everything in the eye and ear.

Spotcheck: [roll0]
Listencheck: [roll1]

Averagedog
2010-05-09, 05:07 PM
the streets appear to be emptying of normal citizens and merchants. people are going home from working in mills, selling wares, doing errands, or collecting water. Terok can hear the general chatter and gossip of people passing him by and walking past. There doesn't seem to be anything suspicious going on at the moment.

Terok
Roll a Wisdom check.

---

Luke and Pendel follow a small sidestreet off to the side of Pendel, keeping an eye on him walking by. The sun is quickly setting drawing larger and larger shadows across the alleyways. Beggers and other ne'erdowells slouch in their corners staring at the two with disinterest.

Luke.
Roll a spot check

Roll a Listen check

Duskranger
2010-05-10, 01:02 AM
Wisdomcheck: [roll0]

Volthawk
2010-05-10, 01:07 AM
Using 2 inspiration to use Cunning Knowledge for both Spot and Listen.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Averagedog
2010-05-10, 09:01 AM
Terok notices nothing. suspicious. at. all. In other words, he doesn't notice several hooded figures walking in unified steps about 100 feet behind him.

Luke however does notice a strange looking group that seems to be moving in the same streets as Terok, taking the same turns, and watching him intently. But he also hears the sound of a blade being drawn in a side street to his side. Pendel is clearly in front of him, so it can't be Pendel, but who?

Volthawk
2010-05-10, 09:48 AM
"Pendel! Stop!" Luke hisses.

He then stops, and lets loose a set of crow caws.

Duskranger
2010-05-10, 11:27 AM
Terok walks on as if nothing happened.

OOC:
maybe next time post the stuff in spoilers for the person it was meant for. Now I know OOC what Volthawks knows and that makes it less surprising and thus less fun. Sorry for me nagging

Averagedog
2010-05-10, 02:10 PM
Luke

Pendel turns around abruptly and draws his sword in time to quickly parry 2 arrows and a throwing dagger. He gives Luke a meaningful look then shouts, "to your Right!!!"

Terok

Terok hears shouting in the night to his right followed by crow caws then by a clash of something hitting a blade.

Duskranger
2010-05-11, 08:45 AM
Terok looks at the way the sound came from.

Averagedog
2010-05-11, 10:45 AM
Luke

Suddenly a rather large brutish figure wearing dark clothing and a cloth mask, with a knife, leaps from the shadow's to luke's right and tries to grapple him. ((roll opposed grapple))
[roll0]

Volthawk
2010-05-11, 10:47 AM
"What the..."

[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-11, 11:46 AM
Teroks spotcheck to see if he sees anything happening: [roll0]

Averagedog
2010-05-12, 08:31 AM
Luke

Luke counter grabs the attacking figure and rolls backwards, using the ground as leverage, he put's his foot on the enemy's belt buckle and pulls down. while pushing with his foot. The would be assassin, momentum not wasted, flies over Luke and falls down a long set of staircases that lead through the alley to the main road.

Damage:
[roll0]
[you are not in any way prone]

an Arrow zings by Luke's head as he turns to see two more would be assassins. One wields a pair of wicked daggers while the other dropped the shortbow to draw a shortsword.

[the first assasin is 20 feet away from you, the second is 30 feet away]

Terok

Terok notices a dead humanoid assasin fall into the street from a set of stairs that lead to an upper road where he has a very strong suspicion that his allies are in trouble. But before he could think of going up there, Terok nearly loses his balance as a throwing axe bounces off of his armor dealing no significant damage (1 subdual). Terok turns to see 3 cloaked figures, two of them with throwing axes in hand and hoods, the one in the middle drawing a longsword and ordering the two to close in on Terok. The one in the middle appears to be a half-orc. The tusks on his lips giving him away.

[The 2 cloaked assassins on the sides of the leader approach. They are now 10 feet away. The leader figure without his hood on is 30 feet away between the cloaked assasins.]

Duskranger
2010-05-12, 09:23 AM
Teroks initiative: [roll0]

In his turn he puts down the chest and grabs his spiked chain (than his turn will be over). The chest will still be standing in one of his squares.

Averagedog
2010-05-13, 10:18 PM
((Just assume you guys go first, because of the nature of this conflict, I think it would just be easier if there were two mini battles, terok vs assasins then Luke vs assassin then random shenanigans from pendel. So take your action Duskranger))

Duskranger
2010-05-14, 05:14 AM
I attack the half-orc in the middle with my spiked chain:

Attackrol: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

In case of threat (20):

Confirm: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Volthawk
2010-05-15, 11:24 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Actually, add 4 to that.

Volthawk
2010-05-18, 01:22 PM
"Damn it!"

Luke flicks his wrist, and his sleeve blade slides out. He then stands ready to take on any attackers.

Readying action to slash any enemy that comes in reach.

Averagedog
2010-05-18, 05:41 PM
Luke

The Assassin with the Dagger rushes towards Luke while the other follows close behind. Because the opening of the alley is narrow, they are not able to flank him. As the Dagger assassin attacks, Luke counters with his own. The assassin swings for Luke's neck and misses terribly. The second assasin behind him stabs forward but is foiled by his ally's clumsy movements.

Terok

Your attack falls far short of the half orc's chest, The half orc grins then motions his subordinates to flank Terok. Then in systematic unison, all of them attack him at once.

Terok blocks the stabbing longsword with the chain of his weapon and gets an attack of opportunity against the half orc. The two other hand axe assasins close in going for vital points in Terok's armor. One of them was foiled by an interlocking plate, but the other got a solid hit into Terok's flank.

Terok recieves 5 damage.

((OOC: can you guys repost your character sheets into the OOC thread? It took me a loooong time to find them I would just like to expediate the process for tomorrow.))

Duskranger
2010-05-19, 02:20 AM
My attack of oppurtunity:

AttackRoll:[roll0]

I will attack the axe-guy that didn't get the attack of oppurtunity

AttackRoll:[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Duskranger
2010-05-19, 02:23 AM
Critconfirming:
AttackRoll:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (if my attack hits I do this amount of damage instead of the former post)

Averagedog
2010-05-20, 01:06 AM
Terok

Terok was more than a little pissed at the sting in his side. He swung around quickly missing the attack of opportunity but completely crushing the skull of one of the axe wielding assassins next to him. A red 31 appeared above the poor fool with a flash of bright colors denoting the critical strike.

Duskranger
2010-05-20, 02:24 AM
Come on guys, can't we talk about it. Do we need more bloodshedding at the moment. You can't win or hope to win against me. So please quit now. Terok says.

Volthawk
2010-05-22, 03:47 AM
As Luke slashes at the assassin, he says "Eat blade magic!", as his small

After that, Luke thinks to himself, as he starts to imitate a spell:

"OK, lucky I picked a good offensive spell today..."

He then lets loose a flaming ray at the assassin further back.

Readied attack:
Attack:[roll0] (using inspiration)
Damage:[roll1] (using inspiration)
Burning Blade (through martial study): [roll2]

Using 1 point of inspiration:
Ray of Flame
Touch attack:[roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Target needs to make a DC 15 reflex save or be set on fire.

Move action: Back away 30ft.

Now used all inspiration and my Burning Blade use for this encounter.

Averagedog
2010-05-24, 10:57 AM
Luke

Luke's counter cut the first assasins belly open then burned the flesh inside. Needless to say the flames that traveled through the blade, burned the assasin to the core. The assasin fell down writhing in pain, then stopped moving. Luke's scorching ray narrowly misses the assasin behind the first victim. The second assasin lunges forward to avenge his comrade and rolls a natural one. He trips and falls prone in front of Luke with a muffled curse.

Terok

Terok's words have little effect on the remaining two adversaries. They both grimace, then move into flanking position to try again. Once again, their swings smack against Terok's formidable armor, and once again the weapons are defeated.

Both Luke and Terok see a minor explosion nearby with a familiar figure rising many feet in the air. Several smaller figures can be seen flying in every which way with one more grappled by Pendel's strong grip. A shout is heard as they start spinning and plummeting back to the earth.

Volthawk
2010-05-24, 11:07 AM
Luke puts his blade down near the assassins throat, after applying some poison to it. (Drow Poison, not that he knows it)

"Alright. You're coming with me. Any funny business, and I will have to slash you. The poison on this blade is called Deathblade, you heard of it? You'll either die from it, or be weak enough for me to kill you. Any questions?"

Intimidate
[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 11:16 AM
Since none of you listens to reason I fear I need to hurt you. Sorry for that, but I have work to do.

Terok attacks the halforc:

Attackroll: [roll0]

Averagedog
2010-05-26, 10:46 AM
Luke

The assasin relaxes and says, "alright I surrender, being alive to feed my family somehow is better than being dead in a gutter. I'll tell you what I know about the Ord-hurk" several arrows thud into the assasin's back. More arrows follow in what seems like a hail storm. The sound of a howl is heard in the distance. Roll a reflex save Luke

Terok

The Half orc ducks underneath the spiked chain and counters with his ally with another heavy blow. His assasin ally cracks his axe against the armor once again denting the armor slightly but dealing no damage. The Halforc finally scores a blow and deals 8 damage to Terok with a blow to the Half Minotaur's calf.

The sound of a howl is heard in the distance. The half orc frowns and says, "You win for now, but know that we will be back later... with reinforcements"

He moves back inviting an attack of opportunity, pulls out a smoke stick in the process and attempts to vanish after cracking it open.

A large thud sound is heard by both of the mercenaries in the direction where Pendel was last seen.

Volthawk
2010-05-26, 10:49 AM
"Great. That always seems to happen!" Luke dodges for cover.

[roll0]

Also, I run to any cover.

Duskranger
2010-05-26, 12:07 PM
Terok takes his AoO since if he kills him he would not be attacked by them later on.

Attack: [roll0]

OOC:
Lucky half-orc, one higher and it was a crit. By the way, xp, do you only tell us if we went and got a level or also how much we have after every battle)

Averagedog
2010-05-27, 07:19 PM
Luke

with quick reflexes Luke flings himself underneath a leaning platform of wood that was against a wall. Hearing more than a few thuds hitting the planks forcefully but not penetrating.

After the barrage stops and Luke believes it safe enough to poke his head out, he finds that the bodies of the assasins he has slain, or slain by extension, have been dragged away from the area. Luke notices however that a small leather bag was left behind, covered in dirt and other refuse from the street. Most likely, the assasin was carrying it but dropped it when he fell to the ground.

A green glow appears above Luke as the number 900 in green appears, then slowly fades away.
+900 XP

Terok

Terok's spiked chain swings into the smoke screen. A sickening crunch and a thud is heard in the smoke. after several seconds, the smoke starts to dissipate revealing a grisly sight. The bodies of the assasins have gone. A blood trail leads away from the scene to a back alley. back in the area, the half orc's head and one of his hands remain on the ground. On one hand is a ring.

A green glow appears above Terok as the number 900 in green appears, then slowly fades away.
+900 XP

Volthawk
2010-05-28, 12:31 AM
"Ooh, a bag."

Luke sneaks over to the bag, before picking it up.

Taking 10:
Move Silently:17
Hide:17

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 02:29 AM
Terok grabs the hand and takes the ring from his finger. Maybe there are clues on this ring, that we can use. Better keep it for now.He looks around, grabs the chest again and walks on.

Averagedog
2010-05-28, 09:25 AM
Luke

Pendel strides back into the alleyway, covered in the blood of his enemies with the wave of his hand, a few runes appeared, then disintegrated around him. a soft glow emanated from him briefly, and the muck and blood disappeared leaving behind cleaned armor and clothes beneath.

"Obviously we have been discovered already Luke. Let us meet up with Terok now. I fear that the enemy will come once again, but in greater numbers. I have also identified which assasin's guild this ruffians came from, but I shall wait to disclose the information until we are near Terok."

With that Pendel strides back through another alley and out into the open street towards Terok. His armor was clean and devoid of the signs of battle upon it. He grinned and waved towards Terok, a disturbing sight to be sure to any foreigner of the land.

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 11:28 AM
Welcome, you also met some attackers I assume? Terok nods and says while they come closer, after that Terok walks on, the big chest on his shoulder.

Volthawk
2010-05-29, 08:03 AM
"Yeah, nearly had one alive too." Luke sighs. "But, look at it like this. I had an assassin who was willing to tell me what he knew. You can guess what happened next. Anyway, got some loot out of it. Did you?"

Luke opens up the bag he found, curious of what's inside.

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 08:06 AM
A ring, but if it's loot I do not know. I do not even know if it is magical or not. Not that it matters. I just hope that there are no wounded innocents. Maybe we should've cleaned up the hand and head of the one I killed. I would hate it if a innocent child gets traumatized because of it. I will go back if the mission is succesfull. For now let's try to finish it and please be my eyes.Terok says while walking on.

Averagedog
2010-05-30, 04:45 PM
Luke

Luke finds an unremarkable sterling silver spoon in the bag accompanied by 16 pieces of silver and 90 pieces of gold.

Pendel says, "Has anyone been hurt and is in need of healing? I have already healed myself from that past encounter. Most of the men I faced were inexperienced at best, though i faced a considerably strong lieutenant. He escaped from me and I wasn't able to get a good look at his face, or his race because of the heavy robes and clothes he wore to cover himself. He did however move with alarming agility though and the weapons he uses... a large claw and dirk... hmmm.... if we see him again and I'm sure we will before we get to the mage's tower, it will be a tough battle indeed not just for you, but for myself as well."

the small party strides on as Pendel bantered, the road widened even further as they approached a market within the city. Many of the stands were closed, though a few remained open including a magic shop with a sign marked with an eye looking through a magnifying glass.

Volthawk
2010-05-30, 04:50 PM
"Oh, injuries? Yeah, got a bit cut up. Around 10 damage, I think. I nearly had one of them, as well." As Luke talks, he transfers the money to one of the pouches on his belt. He stops when he reaches the spoon, and looks at it for a couple of seconds. "Odd. Why would some assassin with a family have a spoon in a bag he brings with him? Must have sentimental value or something. Ah well, it might be worth something. I'll check once we're done here." Luke puts the spoon in the same pouch as the money.

Duskranger
2010-05-31, 01:43 AM
I am hurt, for quite a bit actually. they hitted me two times between the armored plates. It costed me 13 hp. This battle wouldn't be as hard if I just had the capability to roll better. And there's a head and a hand of the half-orc that attacked me. Maybe you can make something from that. Or from his ring. I do not know what it does but I found it so that makes it mine right. But shall we move on, better to get as far as possible before we see them again. And maybe, hopefully we reach the destination without much trouble. Terok says.

Volthawk
2010-05-31, 02:46 AM
Luke chuckles "Dude, grammar. 'Hitted'? Just 'hit' works fine."

Averagedog
2010-05-31, 01:14 PM
Pendel waved his left hand at both Terok and Luke summoning a small group of runes that floated around both of them. He clenched his fist as the runes shattered sprinkling green dust like motes of light around them. The wounds on Terok and Luke closed as they were each healed. 12 HP healed on Luke, 10 on Terok. The next miles proved to be uneventful for the party as night fell. Lights could be seen in taverns and homes along the streets. Guards could be seen patrolling several areas. Finally the great wizard tower came into view, maybe a mile or more away. The street once again opened up into a large plaza and at the other end was a blockade made of wagons and crates that were hastily constructed. 4 still forms can be seen lying on the ground next to the large fountain in the center of the plaza, arrowing pincushioning them at several angles.

"They were the guards of the plaza," Pendel says softly, squinting as his improved vision had trouble discerning what they were in the dim light far ahead. "Looks like our battle is here."

((I expect reaction posts, then we are going to wait a week for Volthawk to re-materialize from vacation))

Duskranger
2010-05-31, 01:20 PM
I hate it when unsuspecting persons die by the hands of evil. Therefore they will be punished. Leave the chest to me, you will be needed here both you and Luke Pendel. I will go forward, watch my back please. Terok moves forward on the plaza, unafraid, he has taken up his spiked chain in his hands.

Volthawk
2010-05-31, 01:20 PM
"Battle? Great. Well, hopefully this time I can get one live. I still have some of the Drow poison on my blade. If we do manage to get one alive, we'll have more information."

Averagedog
2010-06-10, 08:59 PM
Pendel grins, then says, "You both are brave men, no matter the circumstances both of you came from."

He turns away from them, then starts chanting with exaggerated hand movements. Runes, many Runes started to flow around him in a variety of colors. He started walking towards the barricade as he did so As the runes began to absorb themselves inside of him once more. Several bolts flew from the barricade lancing for his head and torso. About a foot away from their marks, they stopped with a resounding crashing sound as if they hit solid walls. The bolts hung in the air as if they were stuck within a solid object. Pendel kept moving towards the barricade.

Before Terok or Luke could protest the Runesword's glory stealing action, the sounds of doors slamming open caught their attention to see several men charging out of nearby buildings charging for them, out for blood.

((Duskranger, Volthawk, roll initiative. The charging enemies won't reach either of you in their coming turn. The charging enemies take a -5 penalty to AC while they are running.))

Duskranger
2010-06-11, 01:17 AM

Possible actions:

If I win initiative I will move forward while pulling out my weapon I can hit in that case persons (after my move action, seen from where I am now) from 50' away. I drop the chest and attack them. I do also get AoO of 1 guys that enter my range and walk within it (my spiked chain is large and thus has 20' range)

I attack one of them in range:
[roll1] if hit they get: [roll2] damage

In case of AoO:
AoO 1. [roll3] if hit they get: [roll4] damage

In case of threat:

Confirm attack: [roll5] if hit they get: [roll6] additional damage
Confirm AoO: [roll7] if hit they get: [roll8] additional damage damage

Volthawk
2010-06-11, 01:24 AM
"Never a dull moment..."

Luke pulls out his crossbow, backing away. After a point, he fires it, but not before putting some paste onto it.

New encounter, so I get my inspiration back, correct?

Moving 30ft back, drawing crossbow.

Applying Roach Paste

Firing crossbow:

Attack roll (with Cunning Insight): [roll1]
Damage Roll (with Cunning Insight): [roll2]
If hit, target must make a DC 12 Fort save or be sickened.
If critical threat:
Confirmation: [roll3]
Extra Crit damage: [roll4]

Averagedog
2010-06-11, 03:18 PM
Initiative Order:

Duskranger
Volthawk
The Bandits

((Volthawk, your inspiration points are indeed refreshed))

The first wave of bandits rush towards the two mercenaries, four in total, two per person. With a wide swing, Terok slams his first target in the chest with his spiked ball on a chain, the sounds of crushing bones and flesh loud and quite gruesome. The victim flies backwards, his moment reversed and lies unmoving on the ground. The second bandit was moving so fast, that he was unable to stop himself from entering the Half Minotaurs deadly range. Spinning around, gathering strength, Terok swung the slowing weapon wide and brought it higher at head length. He changed the angle of his swing to smash the next victim on the side of his face. The Man's neck twisted horrendously as the man spun around shoulder to shoulder, end over end until he too fell to the floor, a large spiked ball shaped dent in the place where his left cheekbone should be.

The two bandits going after Luke proved to be luckier, at least one of them did. Luke bolt flew and struck the first bandit in the chest. The bandit fell twitching uncontrollably on the ground until he stopped moving altogether.

The second bandit, stopped in his tracks and prudently decided to wait for reinforcements, and reinforcements did indeed come forth From a side alley, 4 more thugs appeared, wielding heavy clubs. These men looked much meatier than those that came earlier. Luke notices several men sneaking along the top of one of the buildings next to the alley, most likely wielding bows to rain death upon them. Luke guestimated that there may be at least 2 men up there....

Pendel continued his advance at the barricade. Bolts and magical missiles flew at him, all defeated by his shield, which started to glow into a tangible seemingly opaque at some points, sphere. In the areas the sphere has been hit the greatests, small holes started to appear. Pendel grinned as he neared closer and closer, and soon prepared his release spell of his shield, but then he frowned remembering the after effects of using this particular spell. His runic shield that is constantly around him would be no more for the rest of the day, but knowing what will happen once he is close enough, Pendel smiled at the prospect of what would happen to the unsuspecting enemies. He concentrated harder, expending a few more runes to keep the shield strong enough to maintain its protection, moving ever nearer to his objective.

Duskranger
2010-06-12, 02:50 AM
Terok

"I take the guys here on the floor, you give me cover. I can hit them from quite a distance, you try to take the targets out with your bow." After those words Terok moves until the persons are within attack range and attacks.

[roll0] if hit : [roll1]

If twenty:
[roll2] if hit : [roll3]

In case of needing to make an AoO:
[roll4] if hit : [roll5]

if twenty:
[roll6] if hit : [roll7]

Volthawk
2010-06-12, 08:36 AM
"Dude, you see the roof guys? I'll get 'em. Lucky I bought a climbing kit..."

Luke pulls out some climbing gear before starting to climb the wall, aiming to get on the roof.

Climb check (using inspiration point 3 for Cunning Knowledge, I'm all out now): [roll0]

Moving up as far as possible, stopping before pulling myself up on the roof.

Averagedog
2010-06-14, 04:11 PM
As Terok moved forward to engage the new threats, Luke ran past,taking care to be out of AOO range, and with great inspiration upon viewing the structure before him, he wall jumped a few times between a very thin alley way on the other side of the building before grabbing and pushing with his hands to gain a more balanced foothold. Before he knew it, he was 3/4ths the way up the building.

Terok gave a swing at the last of the original bandits, but missed by a hair as the man took a trembling step backwards. cringing in fear. That step back cost the poor man though as Terok jerked his chain backwards causing the ball to twist and knock him out cold. (i.e. not dead for plot/interrogation reasons)

The other 4 men quickly rushed forwards to "avenge" their fallen "comrade" swinging hard and brutally at the beast man.

three of the men smashed their clubs into Terok's shoulders and chest area with little effect while the fourth swung with all his might at Terok's arms. He struck Terok at the elbow joint, briefly numbing the arm and causing some pain. a red 8 appears above Terok's head briefly before disappearing. (Terok took 8 damage. It wasn't a critical, but it was indeed a natural 20)

The two archers, not noticing Luke, took potshots at Pendel from behind thinking that Terok would be easily overwhelmed by his 4 adversaries. both of their shots were absorbed into Pendel's shield, which started to take upon an angry red hue...

Pendel was tired and more a little drained magically. He berated himself for being so foolish to challenge his more intelligent than previously thought enemies out in the open like he did. But he kept pressing on. While the violent energies the shield was absorbing and holding were still in check, the effectiveness of the shielding itself was waning. More and more bolts lanced through the shield bouncing off his armor, and in one case, sticking him on his sword arm. Pendel saved the majority of his energies to counter the magical bolts, acid arrows, and lightning bolts lancing his way from the enemy wizards within the barricade. Almost their, he groaned, only a few more feet remains.... Mentally willing one of his miscellaneous items, a small smooth wooden ball on the collar of his vest, he messaged Terok and Luke.

In a few seconds, the both of you may want to duke and cover...

Volthawk
2010-06-14, 04:21 PM
"Duck and cover? Is this guy having a laugh? I'm on a freaking wall! Ah well, I suppose the roof will have some protection..."

Luke climbs onwards, trying to get near to an archer and if he gets to the top, he slashes one with his sleeve blade (still poisoned from earlier).

Is a new Climb check needed? If so: [roll0] Wohoo! 20!

If I can attack an archer:
Attack roll: [roll1]
If hits, archer has to make a DC 13 Fort saving throw or be knocked unconscious. He then has to make another save in a minute (if he survives, of course).
Damage: [roll2]

Duskranger
2010-06-15, 01:19 AM
Tork decides to negate Pendels tip for now and attacks one of the opponents, the one in his way for the alley that is.

[roll0]
for [roll]2d6+9[roll]

Averagedog
2010-06-15, 06:14 PM
((Volthawk, your critical check dictates that something awesome must happen even though you rolled poorly for your attack. Duskranger, your damage roll malfunctioned, I rolled one to replace it))

Luke continues climbing swiftly finding very suitable handholds that allowed him swift access. upon reaching the top, he coiled his legs and jumped right in front of an astonished archer that was in the process of pulling back his bow string. As if in slow motion, Luke swings his dagger in midflight gashing the man's arm for negligible damage ((1)) but cutting the man's shoulder belt and bowstring off. The man's quiver, and daggers that were on the belt strap fell off the edge of the buildilng as luke lands lightly on the edge of the building and rolls forwards next to the other archer who fired at luke Drawing an Aoo. Luke's roll could have very well saved his life as it sailed over his rolling body. The first archer, weaponless ran around Luke making a run for the ladder leading to a lower landing on the other side of the building. But before the man could make it, A shockwave of wind followed by the sound of a massive explosion rent the air......

Terok at this point could tell that the enemies were angling to surround him. But he noticed that the path to an alleyway was relatively clear except for one foe already within his reach. With a heavy swing, Terok buried his spiked chain into the left side of the enemy, crushing flesh and bone and throwing the man into his comrades. A red 21 appeared in the place where he was standing before dissipating. His path clear, Terok made way for the alley and the protection it offers also giving the enemy fewer options to gain tactical advantages. As he reached the alley, a bright flash of light and a rush of wind followed by the sound of a terrible explosion assaulted his senses.......

Pendel finally reached the barricade, at this point, men were pulling out blades, and wizards were pulling out slender wands to engage pendel in close combat. But Pendel did not draw his sword in kind, in fact he sheathed it then put his palms together as if he was about to bow to some oriental lord with respect. Instead, he started muttering the words of a spell, a spell that feeds off of the accumulation of the runes he has already expended earlier that day. As he muttered, then chanted louder and louder until he was shouting, he started to rise into the air, his shielding separating into colorful strands that oscillated around him faster and faster, deflecting any projectile that was sent in his direction. Runes started to appear around him flowing in a different pattern, but one that centered around his shield which floated to position itself directly in front of him. He centered himself to face the direction of the barricade and all of his enemies that were charging forth. He took a deep breathe and yelled out in a roar as he released his spell,

RETRIBUTIVE RUNE BLAST

in the vicinity of the square, everything fell silent in that moment. The skies darkened and the sun itself seemed to shine black upon everyone in the area. Pendel opened his palms facing the enemy as a blast of forceful arcane energies spilled forth in a torrent, barrages of magical missiles followed by larger ones the size of tables and chairs smashed into the enemy and their barricade, the fanciful lights that spewed forth banished the artificial darkness and half blinded any spectators there were and truly blinded the victims to their destruction. Red numbers that varied from 1-5 from the smaller missiles and 4-14 from the larger missiles appeared over the heads of the enemies that were being struck and from the barricades themselves. In a final blast, all the victims were launched backwards until they struck the buildings or objects behind them where they lay, burnt and broken on the ground. The barricade itself was blasted similarly, into pieces.

Blackness overcame Pendel at that moment and without so much as a groan, he fell to the ground breathing heavily dropping his sword with the exertion of simply staying conscious.

Volthawk
2010-06-16, 12:54 AM
"Holy ****..."

Luke walks to the edge of the building he is on.

"Hey, Terok! You alive?"

Duskranger
2010-06-16, 07:29 AM
Terok looks around to see if there are still assasins alive, because his placing in the alley he got at least free for most of the blast. If there are still attackers he will strike them if not, he will walk towards the chest, drag it towards Pendel and defend them both, until Luke arrives.

Averagedog
2010-06-16, 10:48 PM
In Terok's front row seat of the explosion, several large pieces of debris killed 2 of the 3 remaining thugs outright. The last one ran toward's Terok, presumably to climb over the tall half minotaur and find shelter behind him, but the chest was blown from its original position by the explosion and in fact flew straight up to land on the hapless man breaking his spine.

As Terok takes the chest and goes to Pendel's aid, no more enemies will reveal themselves. The sounds of the approach of guardsmen from all directions especially after that explosion, are growing ever more frequent and loud.

((tell me if you guys loot any of the dead bodies you find))

Casualties List:
(Luke & Terok)
2 Bandit Archers
4 Bandit Brutes
4 Bandit Knaves

Battle XP: 1,100 xp
Mission Clear XP: 800 xp
Bonus XP: 200 xp
Total XP: 2,100 xp

Style XP(Luke):150 xp
Style XP(Terok):100 xp
((for future reference, I like to reward creativity, not that you guys weren't being creative. I just want you guys to know that there may actually be gain from being creative in however way you describe things or how your character acts))

(Pendel)

2 Bandit Sorcerers
6 Bandit Archers
4 Bandit rogues
4 Bandit Thugs
1 Bandit Wizard

Battle XP: 3150 xp
Mission Clear XP: N/A
Bonus XP: N/A
Style XP: 200 xp

Volthawk
2010-06-17, 12:19 AM
Luke fist looks all around from his rooftop vantage point, making sure there isn't anybody else around. Then, he searches the archer's bodies, and then slides down the ladder and searches the rest of the bodies, putting anything he finds in a pile. Once he's made the pile, Luke shouts "Hey, Terok! You want some of this loot?"

Volthawk
2010-06-17, 12:20 AM
Oops, forgot to roll spot.

[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-06-17, 02:03 AM
Terok searches the bodies of the persons to see if there's anything that will give away there bonding to something. Besides that he is there to talk with the guard and off course taking care that Pendel will be brought to the hospital.

Luke, bring what ever you found here, we will divide it into three equal pieces. One for each of us, and one for Pendel to do with as he sees fit. I think you would be the best to examine the more magical stuff though. You can probably see better if somethings is worth anything. And I have a living guy here. Do you want to be here while I interrogate him?

Terok starts rummaging through the pile of debris and bodies from the thugs that attacked him to further find usefull things after Pendel was taken away to be healed.

Search for Loot: [roll0]
Search for allegiance pledges and other usefull stuff before interrogation: [roll1]

Volthawk
2010-06-17, 02:05 AM
Crap, and I forgot Search!

[roll0]

Averagedog
2010-06-18, 06:29 PM
placeholder for the next post, coming within a few hours. ((I got in a vehicular collision yesterday, drama leads to today..... 2 pin sized punctures and 1 small scratch, the "victim" wants an entire new paint job and the replacement of the back bumper, even though the back bumper is NOT dented and only has 2 small holes in the paint.... we are pleading the case for ignorance and pointing out the opposing groups obvious gouging intention))
---

As Luke piled up the loot, mainly in the form of gold coins and undamaged weapons and armor, he noticed something interesting.

a pair of yellow eyes appeared in the darkness past where the barricades used to be. The eyes blinked briefly then disappeared abruptly in the moonlight.

Terok

http://www.e-monsite.com/s/2009/06/03/hatila88/85043966423630-foxhound-logo-large-png.png
While rummaging through dead bodies and looting them for useful items, Terok comes across several identical arm patches from the bodies of the dead wizards and archers. The patches look like the picture above except that instead of a fox, the animal is replaced with a bloodthirsty wolf. The text on the side says "In the Lord we Serve forevermore." In an intact pouch amongst snapped wands and ruined potion bottles is a scroll made out of a strange parchment sealed with a wax with the symbol of a wolf's head. The scroll is also embroidered with some violet silk. Terok surmises that it isn't a spell scroll, but an all important letter.

a howl rends the night as the pair finishes gathering whatever is salvageable making any of the gathering spectators and the guards shiver. Pendel whispers something and sits up feeling much better than his tens of minutes of massive fatigue.

"Thank you for protecting me while I was vulnerable Terok," Pendel says, "We should probably get into the guild now, though I doubt the enemy will return tonight. Here, let me help both of you with the loot...."

Loot

COIN
1,591 gold coins (1,591 gp)
POTION
3 labeled potions:
potion of barkskin +2 (300 gp)
potion of endure elements (150 gp)
potion of fox's cunning (300 gp)

SCROLL
divine (50 gp)
Calm Animals (l1, cl1)
Bless (l1, cl1)

divine (700 gp)
Undetectable Alignment (l2, cl3)
Prayer (l3, cl5)
Magic Fang (l1, cl1)

WAND
3 wands
one is fashioned in the shape of a lightning bolt, another is long, black, and thin with a bulbous end made out of an obsidian piece, and the last is long and gray with a pronged end.

ITEMS
A Golden Monocle/goggle with several different lenses within
A Circlet with an Emerald Centerstone
A Pair of bracers with intricate runic designs.
A Floating cut Topaz
A Floating Rune
A necklace made of golden beads threaded by a strange ethereal material.
2 great clubs
3 shortsword
1 longbow
28 arrows
3 hide armor
2 studded leather
1 chain shirt

The tower loomed over the party, tall and foreboding in the darkness. The Manned Gates opened as they were expected after news and affirmation of the conflict reached large sections of the city. A Wizard accompanied by several hooded apprentices approached the group without greeting. Pendel motions to Terok, who is holding the container with the book and whispers a word that would unlock his magical lock on the object.

Duskranger
2010-06-19, 02:54 AM
Terok walks towards the mages, but not before he has put the letter in a pocket inside his armor as evidence, and put the chest in front of them. When the chest touches the ground he opens the chest and nods towards the wizards. After that he waits until the give a reaction.

"By the way Pendel you're sure you are allright. I mean if needed I could give you a lift on my shoulder en carry you home. No problem. I almost no for sure you are not as heavy as the chest. And Luke, if we bag the loot we can identify what everything is when we get back at headquarters. Some stuff will probably be very usefull.

He than hesitates and looks again at Pendel not wanting to bother him while he is still a little weekkneed. He walks towards the KO'd attacker, throws him over the shoulder and says than: "Here is one of the attackers, I just knocked him out cold. Maybe we can interrogate him. and he and all the others have the same thing tattoed on them, it will probably have some special meaning, so maybe we can with this guy also find out what for. I hope at least.

Averagedog
2010-06-19, 05:02 AM
The wizard bowed respectfully, "Thank you for carrying out your task quickly, we knew of several seedy parties that were interested in such an item, but until now we had no evidence of particular involvements." The Wizard pulls out a book from the chest then slips it into a sleeve as if it weighed nothing.

Pendel smiles weakly before coughing up some blood. "I will be fine in a few days, this is a toll that regular magic is not allowed to heal. Only natural healing or the powers of greater restoration spells can ease my pain fully. Now, for this survivor....it isn't a tattoo so much as an armband that was burned onto their flesh as a sign of servitude. I however do not recognize the shape of it."

Upon hearing Terok tell Pendel about the survivor the mage asks, "May I inspect your prisoner? I will not take him from you, I simply want to check upon a suspicion."

Duskranger
2010-06-19, 05:05 AM
"I would prefer it if you could examine one of the allready dead bodies. This guy took quite a hit from mij weapon. I do not know if he would survive such a research. If you could heal him, you may examine him though."Terok answers while looking with a sad face to Pendel.

Volthawk
2010-06-19, 08:06 AM
Luke walks over to Terok, and unclips his backpack, and walks back over to the loot.

"I need this. I don't have a bag. I'll give it bakc in a sec."

Luke puts all the loot in the bag, and drags it back over to Terok.

"There. Can I have a word, Terok?"

Averagedog
2010-06-19, 08:23 AM
"I only need to look and touch good....... sir" The mage said, his eyes gleaming, "I won't touch him with magical instruments and sharp objects,I promise."

Pendel turned towards Luke and nodded, then took a couple paces with Luke to a relatively quiet area.

Volthawk
2010-06-19, 08:24 AM
"Dude, I said 'Terok'. Not 'Pendel'."

Averagedog
2010-06-19, 08:33 AM
"Dude, I said 'Terok'. Not 'Pendel'."

((ugh, this is what I get for waking up 6 times last night...))

Duskranger
2010-06-19, 08:33 AM
Terok shakes his head. "In that case sorry, I won't agree with those options. I have seen mages destroy more with a touch than what I could destroy with a year woth of chainswings."

Than Terok chanes direction, grabs his backpack that has been filled by Luke (By the way it's large and therefore heavy and such, you understood that right). Carefully carries his prisoner and walks off with Luke by his side.

"Yes, tell me, what's the matter.

Volthawk
2010-06-19, 08:40 AM
"Listen. I saw something by where the barricades were. Some yellow eyes. I'm not telling those guys, because I don't really trust them. I mean, you saw Pendel. He could've just killed the lot. Why include us?"

Luke sighs.

"Well, at least we're getting paid."

(Yeah, that's why I dragged it along. It's not 650 pounds, is it?)

Duskranger
2010-06-19, 08:44 AM
"I think the question is sooner, why did he warn us when the blast was going to go off. I think it was a desperate deed, certainly if you see what happened. He is too cocky. But I do not trust them either. But we delivered the package, maybe to the wrong person, if they hurt innocent persons I will make them pay. But for now, we can only go to where we live and hope we did the right thing. If not, well, I hope you have your mageslaying mood on. I will take my pack from here oke. After we are home you can tie this guy to a chair and we can ask him friendly who he is, where he works for and why he attacked us. One of the reason I wouldn't let the mage examine him. For all I know he will kill him.

Volthawk
2010-06-19, 08:46 AM
"Yeah. Firsts things first, though."

Luke walks over to Pendel.

"Alright, we did it. Pay?"

Duskranger
2010-06-19, 08:50 AM
Let's wait with this Luke, let's first go back to there. We take Pendel with us. I think it's better if we get payment somewhere else. Just to be safe maybe there's something extra in it for us if we bring him with us. Understand." (let's hope LUke understands that this is so against Teroks thinking, wanting more, that he wants to get out of ere to somewhere safer)

Volthawk
2010-06-19, 08:52 AM
Luke stops before reaching Pendel, and walks back.

"True."

He walks to Pendel again.

"OK, look. We're going to bring that guy back with us, and we'll get him to talk. You can come with us."

Duskranger
2010-06-19, 08:54 AM
Terok gives the unconscious person to Luke and picks up Pendel.
Goodbye sir mages, hope the research of the book will go well. And Pendel I will carry you back. So you don't have to strain yourself. Luke you can give me the guy, or you can carry him yourself, your choice?

Volthawk
2010-06-19, 08:56 AM
"I'll take him. Don't worry. But first..."

Luke unclips a pair of manacles from his belt, and clips them around the man's wirsts.

"Better safe than sorry."

Duskranger
2010-06-19, 09:00 AM
"I agree about that." With Pendel in his arms, he wil walk as swiftly as possible to the headquarters. Terok will put Pendel down on a chair/bed (depending on what he wants).

Averagedog
2010-06-20, 12:15 AM
The morning Dawn Rose as the Trio finally entered the doors of the Ashen Portal, the Tavern in which they first met. Before reaching the tavern, Pendel asked each of the mercenaries how they would prefer their currency. In Gold, Platinum, or Electrum (1/.01/.001). He also told them to expect the money the next day when he returns and waited to hear the responses of the two mercenaries. He responds to any further demands for extra recompense by stating he will make a case for it to his father. As they entered the Tavern, Pendel got off of Terok's strong back and immediately slumped over a booth sound asleep.

The Dwarf tavernkeeper made "tsk" sounds then pulled up a heavy woolen blanket to cover one of his masters with. The Dwarf eyed the captive then whispered to the pair, "I've got a strong cage under the inn to put prisoners inn if yer interested. Free of charge. Many mercenaries in the past used this feature of the business under Wendell and his powerful sons."

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 02:23 AM
"I for one do not care much in what I am paid, but gold is as good as any currency. So you may pay me in gold. And sorry for the rough ride.

Than he looks at the dwarven inn-keeper.

If you say it's absolutely safe for him to be there. This prisoner is at the moment one of the only leads we have so we like to keep him in shape, or at least not in worser shape than he is now. So can we also put a loaff of bread and some water in his cage, just in case he wakes. If you do not think that it is stupid off course Luke. He is your prisoner as much as mine.

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 02:37 AM
"No, that sounds like a good idea to me. Anyway, come on, lets go split our loot up."

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 02:39 AM
We will, you know anyway to identify the things we are not sure of what it is. I mean I am not schooled in the arts of magic and therefore can't do it.

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 02:42 AM
"Yeah. I can cast Identify once a day, so we'll know what one of those items are tomorrow."

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 02:48 AM
Well in that case spread the items out and we will see what you get and what I get. Do we sell the things we think we have no use for and split the money? Terok says while sitting down on a normal sized chair. The chair creaks dangerously but holds the weight for now.

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 02:54 AM
"Well, maybe not right now. I have another idea. Tomorrow, I won't prepare Identify, I'll prepare Detect Magic instead. Then, I can tell what things are magical and what are not, and hopefully what kind of magic they do, see? Then, we'll know what to sell and what to keep hold of."

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 03:14 AM
Works for me, so we get in total at least 795 gp. You get 796. The armors and weaponry should indeed be checked, but I think we can sell them easily. I can't use wands so if they are usefull you may have them, if not, we can sell them and split the money. Those scrolls are also not my cup of tea in short, usable keep them, non-usable means selling them. The arrows, maybe you can use them, I prefer to go down in melee. And some of the other stuff we found, I guess they could be easily magic and therefore also divided between us for the use we could get from them. And if there's a value question, I say we divide it as equally as possible, in monetary values that is. Hope you agree.

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 03:22 AM
"Well, let's see. The scrolls, I could UMD. Same with the wands. As for the weapons and armour, well, I don't need any of them. Everything else, we'll know once I check it."

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 03:39 AM
"Maybe Pendel can identify the things the objects do if they are magical according to you. And indeed, go sleep. I will also go to bed after I ate something. Goodday Luke, sleep well." Terok says, after those words he looks at the innkeeper and says.

"Shall we put this guy in the cage, give him some food and some water. After that I would also like something to eat, something simple like bread and cheese would be okay if you have that sir Dwarf." Terok says polite.

Averagedog
2010-06-20, 01:51 PM
The Dwarf leads Terok to the winecellar, then leads him to the back where he pulls three fake wine bottles in rapid succession, though explaining carefully which ones to pull, revealing that the wine rack in front of him was actually a door. Behind the door is another large room. Half of the room is a Cage, with bars before walls and a heavy door. The Dwarf pulls out a chain of keys, selects a few of them, then unlocks the lock several times with several different keys. Each key glows briefly as they enter the lock. Inside of the cage are several small cots, a small table, a chamberpot, and another table in which food or other objects are passed through. The man is deposited on a Cot, then he is locked inside with only a torch on the far end of the wall to light the darkness. The dwarf brings a small plate with some bread and cheese with a mug of drugged ale and puts the tray through the slot into the cage.

After leaving the cellar, the dwarf gives some food, potatoes, smothered in other vegetables and some lamb meat with some bread and good ale to Terok and Luke if he wants nourishment as well.

The morning becomes day and day to night and Pendel still lies sleeping on the table not moving from his spot, though his purring snores were pretty audible to anyone that would approach him.

The Dwarf bartender approaches Luke and Terok whenever it is convenient and informs them that the prisoner has awakened.

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 01:59 PM
Thank you sir Dwarf. I will go there as soon as I have taken breakfast to me. If you don't mind that is. After breakfast I will take the prisoner away. I thank you for your good cares towards the prisoner. Terok says.

Averagedog
2010-06-20, 02:03 PM
"Eh don't think too much of it. I like serving my patrons with more than just food and wine. Sometimes it is fun and profitable to get involved."

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 02:04 PM
Now we are talking about that, how much were these services sir Dwarf. I would like to pay for the services you have performed for us.

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 02:14 PM
"Alright, I prepared Detect Magic today. You deal with the prisoner, I'll sort out our loot, alright?"

Averagedog
2010-06-20, 02:20 PM
"We are all in Wendell's pocket as far as I am concerned. I've served him for over 80 years and he has always backed all the expenses that are involved with any mission his mercenaries are given."

(Volthawk, do you want me to make a post of you casting the magic or will we assume that you just did it?)

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 02:23 PM
(Volthawk, do you want me to make a post of you casting the magic or will we assume that you just did it?)

I suppose just assume I did it. Just let me know how many Spellcraft checks I need to do to get the type of aura for them.

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 02:27 PM
"Thank you for the kindness sir Dwarf. And I will now get the prisoner, if you excuse me kind sir. Terok says while leaving, taking the prisoner and taking him to the innroom where Luke is working on the sorting of the items they found.

Averagedog
2010-06-20, 02:40 PM
I suppose just assume I did it. Just let me know how many Spellcraft checks I need to do to get the type of aura for them.

(huh, I wasn't aware that spellcraft checks needed to be made to discover auras in non trap spell effects. Just assume you have to concentrate on the object for 2 additional rounds per item to find the aura.)

Luke casts detect magic and stares at the items he organized on the floor of the room.

Loot(under the scrutiny of detect magic)

COIN
1,591 gold coins (1,591 gp)

POTION(Magical)
3 labeled potions:
potion of barkskin +2 (300 gp)
potion of endure elements (150 gp)
potion of fox's cunning (300 gp)

SCROLL (Magical)
divine (50 gp)
Calm Animals (l1, cl1)
Bless (l1, cl1)

divine (700 gp)
Undetectable Alignment (l2, cl3)
Prayer (l3, cl5)
Magic Fang (l1, cl1)

WAND (Magical)
3 wands (Medium Evocation, weak evocation, weak evocation)
one is fashioned in the shape of a lightning bolt, another is long, black, and thin with a bulbous end made out of an obsidian piece, and the last is long and gray with a pronged end.

ITEMS
(Magical) A Golden Monocle/goggle with several different lenses within (Strong Divination)
(Magical) A Circlet with an Emerald Centerstone (Moderate transmutation)
(Magical) A Pair of bracers with intricate runic designs. (Moderate conjuration)
(Magical) A Floating cut Topaz (weak evocation)
(Magical) A Floating Rune (Strong Transmutation)
(Magical) A necklace made of golden beads of various sizes threaded by a strange ethereal material. (Moderate Evocation)
(Magical) The Silver Spoon (Faint conjuration)(Luke Found it earlier)
(Magical) The Ring (Faint abjuration)(Terok found it earlier)

2 great clubs
3 shortsword
1 longbow
28 arrows
3 hide armor
2 studded leather
1 chain shirt

Terok notices that the prisoner's eyes flashed with recognition as his gaze locked on the floating rune. They flashed with hope, he noticed.

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 02:41 PM
Luke starts laughing.

"Hey, Terok! We have a magic spoon!"

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 02:55 PM
Is that the everlasting foodspoon, one that gives you food as soon as you put it in your mouth. Sad thing it's not in my size. On the other hand, can you find out what all the stuff does? And Luke how good are you in tying up persons. I do not wish this person to run off before he gave us the information. If he has given the information, he may go free. He is better of than his teammates that chose death instead of surrender. Even though he was one of them. Terok says before dragging the prisoner to his room.

I meant what I said, tell us what you know about who you work for and what you are and you are free to go. And while we at it, what's that floating rune for. I saw you recognizing it.

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 03:07 PM
"Well, I have manacles. If you want rope, you'll have to have it yourself. Anyway, as for the loot, well, some things are magical. Don't know exactly what they do yet, though."

Luke lines up all the magical stuff, and points to each as he lists them.

"Well, we have:
- Our 3 wands. All are Evocation, and one has a medium aura, while the other two have Weak ones.
- The ring you found has a faint aura of abjuration to it.
- Our silver spoon, which has a faint aura of conjuration.
- This weird necklace, which is moderate evocation. My guess, probably force-related.
- Our runed bracers, which have an aura of moderate transmutation.
- This circlet, which is also moderate transmutation.
- The monocle has a strong aura. Divination.
- The floating rune has a strong aura too. Transmutation.
- The topaz has a weak aura of evocation.
- We also have some scrolls. We have, uh, Bless, Calm Animals, Undetectable Alignment, Prayer and Magic Fang.
- And finally, our potions, which are conveniently labelled. Barkskin, Endure Elements and Fox's Cunning."

Luke takes a breath.

"So, yeah. That's all of it."

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 03:13 PM
Terok calls for Luke out of his room. Can you help me please with this guy. And please leave the stuff down (I'm guessing we(terok+guy) are on the other floor than were the stuff and luke are).I need to tell you something. Multiple things even. And I need you for interrogating this guy. I do think that the kind Dwarf will take care that no one touches our stuff. We could be in danger now. Terok says and than looks at the prisoner again.

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 03:16 PM
"Alright then."

Before leaving the room, Luke quickly picks up the monocle and unclips his manacles from his belt.

"OK, got my manacles ready to secure our prisoner."

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 03:19 PM
Good, now we can start. Tell me what you know, or else I will leave this room. And I will leave you here with this guy. Luke by the way I found something that I want to show you as soon as this guy is gone.

Averagedog
2010-06-20, 04:04 PM
"I know nothing" the man spat, "and as for that floating symbol, I know not what it does. I am not affiliated with anyone you know or don't know, this I swear by your petty gods." The man took in a deep breathe and attempted to spit a large wad of phlegm at Terok, which fell very short and hit his own pant leg near the knee.

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 04:08 PM
"Heh. Acting tough isn't gonna work when you can't even spit. So, Terok. I know you're Good and all, so you might wanna step outside for a bit, y'know?"

Duskranger
2010-06-21, 12:43 AM
"I don't know Luke, it makes me being a part of the crime if I know that it is done. On the other hand. Good luck Luke, I will see you again when you will call me. I will be downstairs eating maybe some of that nice roasted lamb. Would you like a piece if you're done here, I can call for it." Terok says while smiling slightly in his helmet.

Averagedog
2010-06-21, 08:29 AM
a quick look of desperation crosses the man's face as Terok leaves and he tries to wriggle out of the manacles, fruitlessly. ((How tied to the chair is this guy?))

Duskranger
2010-06-21, 12:25 PM
OOC:
[spoiler]
Very tightly I guess. Since Luke Mancled him to the chair. There is no rope. Sadly.
[spoiler]

Volthawk
2010-06-21, 01:46 PM
"Alright. Listen up, if you don't tell us what we want to know, it will get...unpleasant for you."

Averagedog
2010-06-21, 02:29 PM
The man's face hardens, then says, "Whatever you have in store for me, it cannot be worse than what the Master can and will do to me"

Volthawk
2010-06-21, 02:29 PM
"Ah, you see! Progress! Now, who is this 'Master'?"

Averagedog
2010-06-21, 03:09 PM
"The leader of my organization of knaves and thieves," the man says sullenly, "He took over half a year ago and branded each of us with these marks."

the man motions with his chin to his left shoulder where his tunic still covered it.

Volthawk
2010-06-21, 03:11 PM
Luke rips the sleeve of the tunic off, interested about what's under there.

Averagedog
2010-06-21, 05:11 PM
http://www.e-monsite.com/s/2009/06/03/hatila88/85043966423630-foxhound-logo-large-png.png
The patch looks like the picture above except that instead of a fox, the animal is replaced with a bloodthirsty wolf. The text on the sides say "In the Lord we Serve forevermore."

"We went from equals serving under our trusted leader to slaves that depend on the master. Every time one of us tries to leave the organization, that person disappears and not in a good way...things have also gotten weirder and weirder ever since he took over not to mention the serving under constant fear and all."

Volthawk
2010-06-21, 05:15 PM
"Interesting. So you work for him out of fear?"

Averagedog
2010-06-21, 05:44 PM
the man glances towards the door once more, distinctly in the direction of the rune.

"I can't speak anymore"

Volthawk
2010-06-21, 05:46 PM
"The rune? Hang on, I'll get rid of it."

Luke walks over to the door, and pokes his head out.

"Terok? Get that rune thing outta here."

Averagedog
2010-06-21, 06:42 PM
Suddenly The man cried out in pain as the eyes on his tattoo glowed an angry red.

"Gods, it is too late... A-aaarrrrgh!!,"

The rest of the tattoo glowed now in a variety of dark colors. The man started contorting wildly in his chair, nearly mad with pain.

"My...name...is....Charles..... *pant* Charles Stryder...... I am the only son *Gasp* in a family-" *Crack, Snap* The man literally howled with pain as his right hand rended the manacles breaking out contorting wildly. Bones cracked as his arm reshaped and his hand sprouted claws.

"For god's sake, Destroy the rune, I beg....!" his last words were slurred a little as he grew sharpening fangs and a longer tounge. His nose started to blacken then lengthen. He shook his head violently as Gray fur rushed down his transforming arm and up towards his face.

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 01:07 AM
"Alright!"

Luke runs out.

"Terok! Forget what I said. Destroy that rune!"

Duskranger
2010-06-22, 02:26 AM
With all might he has Terok grab his chain and tries to smash the rune.

1:[roll0] for [roll1]
If it fails he repeats to smash the rune until it's broken.
2:[roll2] for [roll3]
3:[roll4] for [roll5]
4:[roll6] for [roll7]
5:[roll8] for [roll9]

Averagedog
2010-06-22, 09:26 AM
As Terok heard the shout, which interrupted his meal, he hurried up the stairs to their room. The Dwarf hearing the commotion, ran to Pendel and started slapping him to wakefullness.... only it didn't wake him up. He then muttered something under his breathe, then pulled out a small stopped by a cork, then opened it under the Felid's nose.

Pendel's bloodshot eyes snap open as he choked and gasped falling to the floor before rising up indignantly.

Terok arrived at the room to see the Rune, much larger than it was previously and thrumming sending intangible waves of power washing over him. Terok started towards the run, weapon in hand and resisted the commanding presence of it with relative ease, his mind too sharp for such an object to affect him. He smashed the rune several times with his weapon with all the strength he could muster feeling numbing pain each time he did so. The Rune seemed to get weaker as well, but did not relent.

((Terok takes 2 subdual damage every time he hits it. total 10 subdual)

At this point in time, Pendel made it up the stairs brandishing he sword. When he sees the rune he curses,

"This is the work of a runecaster! I will do what I can to contain it's emanations."

Pendel slams his sword to the ground, the ruby on his hilt facing the rune, then he spread his legs and took up a strong unshakable stance. he put his thumbs together and spread out his hands towards the run as if he were casting a burning hands spell and started to chant jarring and strange words that seemed to pluck at Terok's and Luke's, if he decides to witness the spectacle, sensibilities.

Small sheets of barely tangible force started to surround the rune and encase it slowly and delicately. The howls of pain from below degenerated into pain pantings as the emanation of the rune was weakened.

"I cannot dispel it, its secondary effects when dispelled can be harmful to everyone here and the building we now stand" Pendel stated with a weary sigh.

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 09:27 AM
Luke shouts out again.

"HEY! YOU FIXED THAT RUNE PROBLEM?!?"

Averagedog
2010-06-22, 09:41 AM
Stryder was ling on the ground on his side curled up. he was moaning in pain to realize that the pain for the most part stopped. he says tentatively aloud in a husky voice, "It stopped," He started laughing with relief, "It stopped!, I'm me..." His voice trails off as he brought his hands in front of his face. His left hand was the hand of a normal human being, his hand. The right hand however was a fur covered half human clawed hand that was much larger than his other. His gaze followed the fur up his arm and to his shoulder.

He noticed suddenly that something was blocking his vision something in front of his face. He brought his hands up there and felt it. It was a part of his face! A muzzle, a muzzle of a wolf! He felt something on his head swivel as he went from being happy he was alive to feeling horrified. He tried to stand off balance and looked into a nearby dressing mirror.

To Luke, who was probably still nearby, he saw a man, with mostly a wolf's head with an area around the upper portion of the man's left side of his face remaining human. One of his eyes glittered an animal gold, while the other remained a human blue. One of his ears remained human while the other was that of a wolf. The rest of the man's face though was that of a wolf in full. Half of his head hair was all but obliterated by the gray tide the fur of the wolf had.

The man's tunic from his right shoulder to right hand was torn away revealing more wolf/human like features revealing large overbalancing and unwieldy muscles. Part of the man's breeches were torn away revealing a tail that swayed behind him like a flag in a windless sky. The tattoo that was on his right shoulder was now gone.

Stryder stared at himself in disbelief, then started shaking violently chanting "No no no non no no no no nooooooo!" Ending with a short howl.

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 09:48 AM
"Wow."

Luke once again sticks his head out the door.

"Pendel, can you come down? That rune did something....odd."

Averagedog
2010-06-22, 09:53 AM
Pendel heard Lukes words, but did not move right away. He concentrated very hard ad the rune and the containment bubble began to shrink smaller and smaller. Sweat poured down his face as the rune shrank until it was the size of a marble, and indeed the shielding itself hardened then solidified into a very tangible force. He grabbed it out of the air gingerly then went downstairs bringing Terok with him.

As he came into view of Stryder, his eyes widened incredulously. For a moment, his hand went to his empty scabbard as if trying to grab his sword, but then more rational thoughts came to mind.

"What happened here?" he asked simply.

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 10:34 AM
"Well, he was starting to tell me about his group, but the rune scared him, and I got Terok to try and destroy it, but it was too late, and this started to happen."

Luke looks at Pendel.

"You wouldn't happen to know anything about it, would you?"

Averagedog
2010-06-22, 10:45 AM
"This rune," Pendel says gingerly, "Is the product of the magic of a runecaster of great power, "It was linked to that man somehow and triggerable through great distances probably with the assistance of a scrying spell on him. Generally runecasters focus on one or two school of magic similar to what you see on your continent. This runecaster will have to had focused his studies on transmutation magics to inflict this curse upon him. Luckily though, I managed to supress the emanations before the transformation was complete where he would have been robbed of his mind. generally changes such as this are irreversible"

Stryder turns towards the three and says bitterly, "Thank you for saving my life, but my life is over. How can I walk outside like this? People will call me a monster and probably burn me on the spot." Tears of rage welled up in Stryder's still human eye. "I'd rather be an unthinking wolf than live out my days like this."

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 10:47 AM
"Hmm...."

Luke thinks, before getting an idea.

"Listen. Would you like to work with us? We'd split the pay with you, and don't really worry about being conspicuous. I mean, Terok is freaking half-Minotaur."

Averagedog
2010-06-22, 10:59 AM
"Really?" The man's hopeless eyes brightened. "You would allow me to join with your group after I tried to kill you and your companion? Either way, I will lead you to our hideout. I'm sure we can find some clues as to where the master is based in the city."

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 11:01 AM
"Eh, you hardly seem like his trusted lieutenant. Besides, you survived him," Luke says, pointing back at Pendel. "You've gotta have some toughness for that. What level are you, anyway?"

Averagedog
2010-06-22, 01:15 PM
"That's right, I did survive," The cursed man said thoughtfully, "Usually the victims of the rune lose their mind first then their body, yet I survived..." The man looks up and says, I was a level 3 ranger, which is probably why I survived a blow to the face from your burly friend's formidable weapon. I usually wear my own armor and weapons in battle, but we were given order to dress in a particular way and wield certain weapons. Of course with the rune constantly being held over us, we had no choice. During the Master's tenure, things became more risky but more profitable, my fellows, none of which was present in the most recent battle, and I stuck together, always. We robbed small time banks, did some other bullying jobs and usually got what we wanted. I have done some terrible things some of which hang worthy and all of which left marks on my soul."

Stryder chuckled and shook his head, "My parents think I am a simple bowyer but no, I am a simple vagabond. Redemption seemed an impossible thing to us since we all felt like we were owned like dogs to the Master. So we lived our unsavory lives no longer for profit, but for survival."

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 01:21 PM
"Well, you're with us now. I'm Luke, a Factotum. Terok there is a... Templar of some kind. Can't remember. He's the Good member of the group."

Duskranger
2010-06-22, 03:33 PM
Terok takes off his helmet. "How did you know I was a Half minotaur, the size gave me away? I like to keep that part secret since we are not accepted everywhere we go. One of the reasons I travel in this armor, which was given to me by my order. On the other hand I do believe in redemption and if you really want to change your ways and promise us to help us. We will help you. Maybe Pendel can think of a cure to make you complete human, or maybe a complete human, further I heared about some druids that could shapeshift into animals at will maybe that could help you." Terok says while putting his helmet with his hornholes on the table and shaking of the pain from the rune he hitted.

Terok is the name, Magitech Templar. Sent from a village where they do acknowledge my persona and do not fear me. Sorry for me knocking you out, but you and your buddies attacked me first. I hope I didn't hurt you too much.

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 03:34 PM
Luke grins. "Call it intuition. So, Stryder, you up for it?"

Duskranger
2010-06-22, 03:53 PM
Well anyhow, I give him a chance. Don't know what Pendel and you vote though. And before we infiltrate that building I first want to rest. That rune hurted me. And I think I will be a little bit of something that attracts attention, so planning will be needed.

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 04:00 PM
"Terok. I suggested it, remember. Of course I vote yes! And sure, you can rest. If we attack tomorrow at least one of our items can be ID'd."

Duskranger
2010-06-22, 04:13 PM
I prefer to attack two days past today. So we have at least one full day to make the plans with help of Stryder. If he agrees with that. Since it's two votes against one potential no I think you are from now on in the team. By the way Luke, can you see if there's any usefull on this. Maybe with help from Pendel. Since I found it on the bodies. Terok says while giving Luke the letter he found on one of the bodies.

And for identifying, maybe we will need some of those items, so the faster we know what all those items do the better. Just so we can maybe use them against their former owners.

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 04:21 PM
"That does sound like a good idea. Now, this letter..."

Luke flicks his wrist, and a blade slides out of his sleeve. He then slits it open, and takes out whatever is in there, and reads it.

Averagedog
2010-06-22, 04:40 PM
-Before Luke opens the letter-

"You won't have to wait to identify all of those items. That monocle is a special identifier and can be used to identify any number of magical numbers every day" Pendel says. "It is a common enough magic item in the pockets of those that seek treasure high and low. I have nothing against this Stryder, joining with you two. It would of course mean that your group is now complete with 3 members and I am no longer needed here to be re-allocated elsewhere. He will of course be outfitted with basic equipment before heading out. This brief incursion was enjoyable Luke and Terok, and I look forward to seeing you in the future."

As Luke turned to stride out the door, Stryder interrupted.

"Sir, thank you for your mercy and hospitality but I have gear at my hideout where my arm of the organization stayed. The people that are stationed there are loyal to me to death as I am to them, not to our Master. They will be happy to help us."

-Luke opens the letter-

"Wait, don't, its a-" Stryder shouted as he lunged forwards in a futile attempt to grab the letter. The wax of the seal flew off of the letter, glowing a sinister green, and flew toward's Luke's right shoulder. Pendel's eyes, narrowed and with superhuman speed he ran in front of Luke to block the wax seal. The item homed in on him and hit him on his own right shoulder burning through, clothing, armor, and fur. There was a sizzling sound as Pendel cried out. Flame erupted on that section of his armor. When it was gone, a tattoo was revealed on his skin and fur, the same one that Stryder previously possessed. The tattoo immediately started glowing and the Felid was wracked with pain. He grabbed his head and the rune in the marble flew in the air heading towards the floor.

Duskranger
2010-06-22, 04:57 PM
That's why I warned you about the letter. I sais you could better wait, or at least check it for traps. Stryder how can we help Pendel. I mean the best way, do you know that?

Averagedog
2010-06-22, 05:25 PM
Stryder swore colorfully then took a step towards Pendel, but nearly fell over because of the unbalancing factor his arm and his tail provided his now unfamiliar body.

"Right now," He said righting himself, "The Master is attempting to subvert his will and give him orders. It is an initiation process everyone that receives the mark undergoes. If he resists long enough to piss him off, the Master will enact or send a rune to change him into a willing, stupid, and loyal pet like I was destined to be."

Just then, the Innkeeper dwarf ran up the stairs huffing and puffing holding a flask with an ethereal like liquid. He opened it and poured it over Pendel and watched with Satisfaction as Pendel's form started to dissipate as he was transported away.

When Pendel was gone, he turned to Terok and Luke, "I have orders from Wendell. He will try to slow the process that is afflicting Pendel, but he wants you to find whoever did this to his son and exact revenge for him and everyone else this "Master" has affected. Before I go on, here is the promised pay."

The dwarf pulls out two small bags from his apron pocket and hands it to Luke and Terok, 10 pieces of Electrum, worth 1000 gold in these lands. "Very light, easy to carry and easy to hide. Now then, I was also given intelligence that says that if you were to kill the "Master" within a week on average of a person being transformed, they will revert back to their original shapes and mental states. We also found out that this strange and heinous power stems from an item in the Master's possession. In his grasp, he holds an ancient artifact, a dagger called "Wolf's Fang." It is a Dagger fashioned from the tooth of an ancient legendary wolf and blessed by the life force of many powerful druids. the properties of the weapon is not known, but we do know that the "Master" uses it as a base of his power. If we can steal the dagger, he will be relatively powerless. But of course, we do not know who or what he is."

Volthawk
2010-06-23, 12:41 AM
"Alright then. Terok, when did you warn me? Just asked me to have a look at it. Styder, you have allies? That's good. Innkeeper, sorry, never got your name. But thanks for the info. Looks like we're going to do some killing, then."

Luke pulls out the monocle.

"Alright, time to identify those magic items."

He then runs up to where he had the magic items.

Duskranger
2010-06-23, 12:44 AM
We are in debt to Pendel and must help him. I mean he also did the same with us. Since we now know what the monocle does we can use it to find out what other things we have. The honor is yours Luke. I wish there was time to give my spiked chain some magical capabilities but we will have to do with what we have. Terok says while putting away the money in a big moneybag hidden under his armor.

And Luke I said: By the way Luke, can you see if there's any usefull on this. Maybe with help from Pendel. Since I found it on the bodies. In my eyes that's more than enough of a warning. I mean it came from one of the bodies and since we have seen the runes work. You get the point I think.

Averagedog
2010-06-23, 01:20 AM
Stryder follows Luke up to the room curious, getting more and more used to his new weight distribution as he went.

Luke puts on the monocle and inspects each item carefully.

3 wands
Lightning bolt wand = wand of lightning bolts CL 6 17 charges.
long, black, and thin with a bulbous end made out of an obsidian piece = wand of darkness CL 3 20 charges.
long and gray with a pronged end = Wand of magic missiles CL 5 45 charges

ITEMS
A Golden Monocle/goggle with several different lenses within: identifying monocle.
A Circlet with an Emerald Centerstone = circlet of intelligence + 2
A Pair of bracers with intricate runic designs = Bracers of armor + 3
A Floating cut Topaz = Ioun stone that can cast light at will of the wielder. The stone may travel at max of 100 feet from the user.
A Floating Rune (in the marble) = a repository of transmutive magics that is released upon a contingency spell triggered by mental compulsions.

A necklace made of golden beads threaded by a strange ethereal material. = necklace of fireballs type 5

He looks at Terok's ring and finds that it is a ring of protection + 1 that also has a cure moderate wounds spell in it castable once a day on the wearer.

He looks at his silver spoon which is revealed to be a spoon of sustenance.

Volthawk
2010-06-23, 01:21 AM
"Oy! Terok! Guess what?"

Duskranger
2010-06-23, 01:28 AM
Guess what? What did you find?

Volthawk
2010-06-23, 01:29 AM
"Remember the spoon? Turns out you were pretty close with your guess. It's a spoon of Sustenance."

Duskranger
2010-06-23, 01:39 AM
That was expected I mean, why else would someone have a magic spoon. Never heared about the spoon of doom. So the foodsppon seemed like a good guess. And what do we have further? Terok says than turns himself to Stryder.
You think you can have yourself and others ready to start an attack within 2 days. We will plan today what we will do, we need maps though. Or at least some more information where we need to be on what times. And off course the resistance we can expect. Luke, are there items we could use for this mission?

Volthawk
2010-06-23, 01:48 AM
Luke starts to take off his leather armour, throwing it onto the pile. After that he picks up the bracers, putting them on.

"Well, we do have some useful stuff. These are Bracers of Armour. Your ring is a Ring of Protection, and can also cast cure moderate wounds once a day. The necklace is an amulet of fireballs, the ioun stone can cast light, the circlet increases intelligence and the wands are of lightning bolt, magic missile, and darkness."

Duskranger
2010-06-23, 01:55 AM
You can take the headband, the ring is mine, I do not know if the bracers of armor stack with what I allready have, so since that's probably a no I would have no use for that. Magic is so not my forte, but everyone can use the necklace or so I have been told. But we must see what's the most usefull for whom. Terok says while putting down his gauntlet and putting in his ring of Protection/CMW

Averagedog
2010-06-23, 02:13 PM
"Well we can go to the hideout when you are both well rested tomorrow. Obviously the Master knows of my treachery towards him so I don't think it would be safe to walk the streets while the both of you are tired.... I also need to find some baggier clothing to hide my condition." Stryder said with earnest.

Duskranger
2010-06-25, 04:04 AM
I would say meet us here again in the afternoon for a planning session. Be careful. Luke, we will divide the items and see what we can and can't use.

Volthawk
2010-06-25, 03:02 PM
"Yeah. That sounds good. Alright, Terok, we splitting the loot, then?"

Averagedog
2010-06-25, 04:27 PM
The hours of the day passed slowly while Stryder was gone. The sun rose to it's Zenith and started to fall in the Inn, Terok and perhaps Luke both started to worry but then a bloodied and slightly torn Stryder came bursting through the doors hefting a heavy sack that clanged and jingled with some weapons, armor, and perhaps more than a little loot. He was panting heavily, one of his eyes bruised and closed with a cut that dribbled blood into his wolf eye. There were a multitude of bite marks on his body. curiously though, some of them appeared to be healing slowly but noticeably.

Volthawk
2010-06-25, 04:28 PM
"****! What happened, man?"

Averagedog
2010-06-25, 06:23 PM
"I was too late," Styder said sadly. "When I got there, my former friends were deep in the throes of their transformations into wolves....all of them, becoming mindless beasts with no recognition in their eyes except for one. One of them still held his mind like me, but the rue fully transformed his body. He was losing himself within the wolf but then pleaded for me to kill him before he fades away...."

At this point, Stryder broke into sobs revealing how bloody his wolf like hand was. A few more cuts on his arms healed and the gash across his brow was also starting to seal itself up.

Duskranger
2010-06-26, 03:34 AM
Go and lie down Stryder. If necessary this night will be used for rest, tomorrow we will try to plan. Even though your wounds are seemingly healing. You will need at least some rest. If possible let us try to plan in about an hour.

After that Terok starts to face Luke. How did you think about splitting the loot if I may ask Luke.

Volthawk
2010-06-26, 04:02 AM
"Alright then. You have the gold. I'll take the scrolls and the wands. You have the potions. I'll have the circlet and the bracers, and the monocle. You can have the necklace of fireballs and the ring. If you don't need the armour and weapons, and neither does Stryder, we'll sell them. How's that sound?"

Duskranger
2010-06-26, 04:49 AM
Did you find any magic on the weapons and armor? And Stryder please give me your bag. I will put it here. Do you want the stuff in it identified or is there nothing magical in it?

Volthawk
2010-06-26, 04:51 AM
"The stuff we got in the battle wasn't magical, no. I'll ID the weapons, though. Pass them over."

Averagedog
2010-06-26, 12:53 PM
"I need to clean up first.... then I will show you all the contents of my bag." Stryder said. "I'll be back down in the prescribed hour... I can feel my more serious wounds mending... probably because of the curse upon me"

After the hour passed, Stryder came back down, dry but with the fur on his head and arm matted down and sticking out in very odd angles. He was wearing a fine looking chain shirt, though the right side of it was unlinked to give his wolf arm full range of movement, not to mention the pain from snags he would experience if the interlocking chains caught and held his fur within it. He wore a shortbow on his back with a quiver of arrows over a plain non descript cloak. His boots were steelshod and to Luke's practiced eyes, he noticed the tips of two throwing daggers on the back of each boots sticking out of the rims. On his hip, Stryder wore a rapier within easy reach of his human hand. The Rapier was obviously magical for the blade gave off a constant greenish glow from the blade.

Without ceremony, Stryder dumped the contents of the sack on a nearby table. Bags upon bags of silver, copper, and some gold spewed out along with a belt with a bull's head design on the buckle, a shield that was obviously stolen from one of the city's guard headquarters, yet another pair of bracers, and finally spear with a pennant of a roaring lion and two strange flasks with roiling silver liquid in each.

Volthawk
2010-06-26, 12:56 PM
"Stryder, you wouldn't know if any of this is magic, would you? If not, I'll take a look at them, see if they are."

Averagedog
2010-06-26, 01:07 PM
"Honestly, I just grabbed what looked to be pretty obvious" Stryder said shrugging. He poured out the coins and started counting them in a practiced manner afterwards.

"Feel free to check it out, I doubt I could use most of that stuff."

Volthawk
2010-06-26, 01:11 PM
Luke pops on his monocle and looks at all the items, aware that they may not be magical anyway, but willing to use the time up.

Averagedog
2010-06-26, 01:57 PM
a belt with a bull's head design on the buckle, a shield that was obviously stolen from one of the city's guard headquarters, yet another pair of bracers, and finally spear with a pennant of a roaring lion and two strange flasks with roiling silver liquid in each.

The belt revealed itself to be a belt that had the ability to cast bull strength on the wearer upon mental command (i.e. free action), up to 3 times per day. The effects of the spell will last for 6 rounds before wearing off. worth ???? gold

The Shield revealed itself to be a large steel shield + 1. (1,200)

The Bracers provide the wearer with bonuses when attacking with any variation of bows. (+2 competence bonus to attack rolls with ranged weapons, + 1 piercing damage) 5,000 gold

The Spear provides the user with a + 2 competence bonus against fear, + 1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage, the ability to strike enemies next to them as well as further from them. Once per Encounter The user can activate the spear to do the following. The pennant of the spear glows, then detaches to become a ghostly image of a lion's head. The ghostly lion roars splitting the ears of all nearby enemies (within 30 feet of the user) Dealing 2d8 + 5 sonic damage and cause deafness to all those caught within with a fortitude save to take half damage and resist the deafening. Worth ????? Gold

The Monocle cannot exactly identify what the flasks do, but it does identify the purpose. An image of the contents of the potion being poured on items could be seen in the image. The items glow briefly.

But where the Monocle failed, Stryder seemed to give a low whistle when looking at the potions.

"I knew I grabbed some onbroken potions, but wow, I couldn't imagine I grabbed these kinds of potions," He said, "These potions can enchant or further enchant any items. They are created using a rare substance only found in Ragnon. There was speculation that this substance is in face the key to the felid's innate abilities and supernatural powers. No one I have seen dared to drink one, for the effects are very unpredictable. I have heard horror stories of fellow thieves such as myself being experimented upon by the Master, who seems to get a supply of these potions every so often...."

Volthawk
2010-06-26, 02:24 PM
"Alright then. I don't really need any of that stuff. Stryder, we have a bunch of weapons and stuff back in my room."

Luke still takes one of the flasks and attaches it to his belt, thinking of it as a contingency plan.

I mean the non-magical loot:

2 great clubs
3 shortsword
1 longbow
28 arrows
3 hide armor
2 studded leather
1 chain shirt

Duskranger
2010-06-27, 07:53 AM
I think the potions can better be saved for when we speak again with Pendel or one of its relatives. Just in case it's necessary to drink or use them. I have my weapons and things ready, we all need to plan out everything. I would say since it are your items Stryder you get to use or sell everything you want. It's not more than fair. So Luke please put the potion again in his posession. It's more fair to let him keep what's his, just as we keep what's ours. You wouldn't want to be called a thief now would you. Teroks says. After those words he turns towards the innkeeper.
Sir Dwarf do you have a piece of paper and a quill so we can draw the place we are going to infiltrate out. And do you know how we can get in touch with our generous supplier?

Volthawk
2010-06-27, 07:54 AM
Luke sighs.

"Alright, I'll put it back."

Duskranger
2010-06-27, 07:58 AM
It's not only for the stealing thing, but also you noticed what happened when you opened the letter. I fear that more things are cursed and without Pendel or any more magical assistance, I do not dare to use the potions, certainly not when hearing about the worth and the magicality of the potions. Better to wait, besides like I said it's Stryders property.

Averagedog
2010-06-27, 04:58 PM
"Well, I have to use for the shield given my present condition. It just won't fit my arm as it is. As for the rest, I know how to use them and I will use them," Stryder said.

The bartender supplies the requested parchment and quill. without complaint.

From which, stryder gets busy drawing a map of 4 other possible locations of hideouts he knows of where the Master may be at any given time.

"From what I can gather, each of these hideouts including my own are connected somehow. The Master visits our hideouts randomly but regularly but has his own secret one he hasn't shown to us. My hope is that we can find some clues as to where it is."

Duskranger
2010-06-28, 02:32 AM
Thank you sir Dwarf. And where is the greatest possibility ofthe least resistance. I think we must search on that place. I can protect Luke while searching but I prefer to have not that much to protect him from. I know they are all crooks and bandits, but some may have a slight bit of redemption in them and go the opposite way as soon as that Masterperson is gone. Luke what do you think, you think your new eyepatch could help you also to find secret passageways, or at least the way to open them. And if not how high is your search.

Volthawk
2010-06-28, 08:30 AM
"Well, this monocle just lets me Identify magic items. It may work, though. No harm in trying. As for my Search, I have +7, and can get another +3 to that."

Duskranger
2010-06-28, 02:15 PM
Maybe if you look at soemthing looking mundane which is actually a magical opener of a secret pasageway you can find it. I mean it does happen you know.

Averagedog
2010-06-28, 04:40 PM
Stryder Shrugs, then says, "The Master is very careful about manning each hideout with essentially the same number of men and magic to guard them. The only reason why it was easier for me, was because I still knew the password for the magical door. I know two more such passwords for two other hideouts... I think."

Duskranger
2010-06-29, 01:37 AM
Luke, would the monocle give you the password for each door. I mean wands also need a magic word to use them and you could use those right after identifying them. And Stryder, which place would you suggest we attack. If the resistance will be everywhere the same I will go in front, swinging my chain, you have felt it's effectiveness. Besides that my armorclass is probably the highest and with my size no one will really be able to slip past me.

Averagedog
2010-06-29, 12:09 PM
"True....."Stryder said, "I can support from behind with the spear I procured from my hideout and Luke can watch our backs and sides if need be while using wands if he wants to."

Duskranger
2010-06-30, 02:56 AM
You know that I take up a 10' by 10' square since I'm large right? So you needed to stand between my legs to be able to do that. But I like the plan, let's put it this way if we need Luke in the battle we are heavily in the problemzone. I prefer that he stays intact until we reach the destination. But if the plan stands I think it's time for a good rest. How early tomorrow will we attack, I mean when is the best time according to you Stryder.

Averagedog
2010-06-30, 02:05 PM
"At my hideout the person on the third watch is rarely attentive unless he is expecting a contact or others of the hideout that were out on a midnight raid. In other words, because of our lack of intelligence on each individual hideout, it won't really matter."

Duskranger
2010-06-30, 02:15 PM
Do you know if such a raid will take place this night? If so we will strike tomorrow at 10 am precisely. Than they will be asleep. Luke you will poison the guard if they are there on the outside. I will take the front, Stryder as long as we are in the hallways, you will take the back. As soon as we are in a room that Luke needs to search I will stand in the doorway with you behind me. Agreed?

Volthawk
2010-06-30, 02:17 PM
"Stryder, a question. How well do your people know each other in a hideout?"

Averagedog
2010-07-06, 12:00 AM
"Agreed Terok, but I know not when these raids are. Each hideout is its own self sufficient cell that receives orders from the Master. We don't know each other in the least other than the marks we bore on our shoulders. Come to think of it, the Master probably orchestrated our orders in such a way where we would not hinder or meet up with each other frequently. Keeping us divided stopped us from asking undesired questions or thinking rebellious thoughts."

Volthawk
2010-07-07, 09:34 AM
"Hmm. So, if we hit one of the hideouts, will the others learn of it before we get a chance to hit them as well?"

Duskranger
2010-07-07, 12:46 PM
I think the bigger question is how can we defeat the master, end the curse he layed on Pendel and the lowest amount of casualties. I would hate for everyone to die when it's unnecessary.

Averagedog
2010-07-07, 10:49 PM
"I was hoping to find some clues as to the Master's true location, or at least where he would appear next" Stryder said.

"But shall we get going? The More time we waste, the more time the Master has to clean up shop wherever he is laired."

Duskranger
2010-07-08, 02:11 AM
With all respect, Stryder, lead the way. Terok says while putting on his necklace and other items.

Averagedog
2010-07-08, 09:37 PM
Stryder, after fully regenerating and putting on some more of the gear and slipping the potions in his belt, leads the two companions at the appointed time through the city, taking the back allies and trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. After about an hour of traveling slowly, Stryder comes upon a seemingly unmarked door. Looking at it closely, he point's his human hand at the knob and starts counting the stones of the wall on the right. When he counted the 7th one, a perfectly square cut piece of limestone, he grasped it, pushed, then twisted it. The stone pulled out revealing a cord that goes through a tiny opening.
Stryder motions for Terok and Luke to stand out of view of the door, then pulls the cord.

The sound of a tinkling bell is heard. The sound of an approaching thief from the insdie comes forth.

A cleverly hidden spy slit opens.

"What be your business here messenger?" A Low voice asked

"The wolf is hungry this day and lies in wait in the fields of a deer's bedding" Stryder responds.

"Huh... so you know the password....very well. Welcome to our "humble" abode brother" The door swings open revealing a portly man with a very very ugly face. The Man wields a heavy mace in one hand, tapping it nervously as he saw Stryder's true features underneath the hood.

"I see you have been "touched" by the Master yeh? Usually discontents in our anks become a part of his growing elite troops."

Stryder nearly chokes, but keeps his cool. Without a word, he steps through the door, but when passing the portly man, he suddenly turns and pulls a choke wire around the man's throat efficiently cutting off his wind pipe, then shoves him outside between Luke and Terok.

Volthawk
2010-07-09, 12:35 AM
"Good work. Now any escape will be a bit easier."

Duskranger
2010-07-09, 02:15 AM
I do believe that we must grant this person the honor of death. Terok says while unwinding his spiked chain and he CdG the man (Does the man has more HP than 6d6+27 (average= 48?). After that he tries to make the man look like a beggar in the street that has fallen asleep.

Now we can move. I hope they do not notice the man until we are gone. Lead the way Stryder

Averagedog
2010-07-09, 07:33 AM
Stryder nodded, then started down the hallway making no sound as he went. As the group ventured forwards, the hallway was completely devoid of just about anything. there were no doors, no furniture, no nothing....

Stryder did not look confused though. He started searching the walls for something perhaps a hidden panel or two just like the one outside......and failed. Frustrated, since they were like sitting ducks in this hallway, he turned to Luke and motioned towards him to start looking.

Duskranger
2010-07-09, 07:36 AM
Terok takes his place on one side of the hallway, looking vigilant and ready to strike as soon as someone enters the hallway. His spiked chain is making almost no sound while it moves through the air.

Volthawk
2010-07-09, 11:30 AM
Luke nods, and begins to search the area himself meticulously.

OK, taking 20, so a grand total of 27.

Averagedog
2010-07-09, 02:15 PM
In the twenty minutes that were spent, nothing stirred, except for luke of course. Luke searched high and low searching without making a sound. He brought a hand as if to knock on the wooden paneling but decided against it before he tried it. Instead, he took a candle that was burning on the wall and examined wooden panels until he realized that a few of these panels were painted and proofed by different substances that looked just about the same. Experimentally, he pushes on the panel and feels it give slightly before sliding back into place soundlessly. Luke finds 2 other such panels. One at the end, and the other on the opposite wall further up the passage.

Volthawk
2010-07-10, 07:33 AM
Luke motions for Styder and Terok to come over. When they do, he will whisper "Alright, there's 3 panels. I tried one, nothing seemed to happen. I'm thinking it's the entrance. Maybe if each of us presses on at the same time, we'll be able to get in. You guys alright with that?"

Duskranger
2010-07-10, 07:37 AM
It works for me yes. If you point me to the place I need to be I will push it on your signal. Terok says. As soon as Luke points him towards a panel he will push it as soon as Luke gives the sign.

Volthawk
2010-07-10, 07:43 AM
"Alright, there's one at the end there. Styder, there's one here. I'll take the last one."

Averagedog
2010-07-10, 08:22 AM
Stryder gets into position then nods that he is ready.

Volthawk
2010-07-13, 03:17 PM
"Alright people. On three. 1. 2. 3."

Luke presses the panel on 3.

Averagedog
2010-07-13, 04:38 PM
When all three panels are pushed, the floor in the hall starting about 5 feet from the door shakes then shimmers. Then the entire floor starts lowering into the ground with a low rumbling sound. Stryder walks to one side, facing where the door used to be and waits patiently. A minute later, the floor stops rumbling with a dark empty entry way in front of him. Stryder appears to peer into the darkness before motioning that it was currently safe, his wolf eye flashing in the dim light from above. He whispers,

"This hallway is designed for defense when the members inside suspect an attack. In my hideout we had spear traps secreted in the walls that were activated in our trap control room. with luck, they have not been warned yet by their sentries.... After this hall should be an iron door barred on the other side. This is where it get's tricky. There is a knock code that is unique to each hideout. I know two of the other ones, but I don't know for which hide out."

Duskranger
2010-07-14, 02:11 AM
Hoe would the door react if you try to knock it down, or if you try to pick the lock. The first thing I can do,m the second is according to me in Lukes alley.

Volthawk
2010-07-14, 09:41 AM
"Yeah. Glad I've got the good stuff with me."

Luke walks over to the door, and searches it for any surprises before then trying to pick it. If he does find anything, he attempts to disable it.

Taking 20 on search, open lock and disable device if needed, so 27 search, 30 open lock and 29 disable device.

Averagedog
2010-07-14, 03:48 PM
Luke notices the various holes that contain the deadly spears, but the mechanisms to disable them are simply not there short of plugging the holes and nailing boards down over them. The door itself contains several other holes, Luke determined that these holes were just the right size to to contain deadly poisoned darts of some sort. Taking care of Stryder's warnings he did not touch the door but indeed noticed the signs that the door was barred on the other side. He couldn't tell if the door itself was magical or if there was some kind of magical rock that sensed the right sequence of knocks.

Duskranger
2010-07-14, 03:52 PM
Luke, could you use the eyepatch maybe that one shows something. It never could hurt.

Volthawk
2010-07-17, 05:06 PM
"True."

Luke takes out the monocle, and surveys the area with it, especially the door.

Taking 20 on search, open lock and disable device if needed, so 27 search, 30 open lock and 29 disable device.

Averagedog
2010-07-18, 03:24 PM
with the eye patch, much is revealed about the door.

Luke sees what looks to be 9 circles 3 x 3 on the door. Behind these circles, which have auras of contingency that are linked to the holes on the door and the holes in the hallway. There is something else, Behind those auras of contingency, Luke almost missed it but recognized it because he saw it floating in the middle of the room in the inn. It was a magical rune like the one that transformed Stryder, except it was different somehow and inert.

After taking note of these examinations, he also finds that some of the circles appear to have markers on them, as if they have been well used in the past. Going with a gut instinct, he knocks on these marked circles....

The door slides open revealing yet another tunnel.....

The party receives 100 xp.

Duskranger
2010-07-18, 06:05 PM
I told you little guy. Now I will take point again. And let's hope we do not walk in any resistance. Stryder take the back. We must protect Luke. Terok says while moving through the open door. He looks around with his darkvision (if necessary) and sometimes takes a small break to smell if there are any people near.

Averagedog
2010-07-19, 10:58 AM
Terok smells something good backing further down behind another bend. His dark vision reveals nothing.

Stryder takes his position and pulls out his spear nodding silently to Terok.

Duskranger
2010-07-19, 11:03 AM
Terok gives the sign to wait. Slowly he is moving towards where the smell comes from. After 10' he gives the sign to follow him. This to keep some distance between them in case of traps.

He hopes that the guys understand it, but does not know it for sure.

Volthawk
2010-07-19, 11:05 AM
Luke motions for Stryder to stop, before going up to Terok, and whispering in his ear "Hey, I'll go up front. Trapfinding, remember?"

Duskranger
2010-07-19, 11:09 AM
Can't do Luke, I have my ring. You need to be protected at all times. But if you take the lead be carefull. There's something with a very nice smell up front. Can't smell what but watch out. If we near a room, let me take front again ok.

Averagedog
2010-07-19, 04:00 PM
Around the bend is a small hallway. There are two doors on the left, one on the right, and a set of massive double doors at the end of the hallway. the delectable smells are coming from the second door on the left.

Volthawk
2010-07-26, 01:00 PM
"So, seems to me that the left door is a kitchen of some kind, I guess the middle door is to a main room, and the right door, I have no idea. Stryder, you got any idea?"

Averagedog
2010-07-26, 02:54 PM
"The other door on the left should lead to a dining room of sorts. The room on the right leads to several jail cells. The Main room is probably their room of operations which leads to a barracks, I would assume, and their storage rooms where they keep their valuables. There may be a few more rooms, but I am not certain. Judging from the nature of the entrance, I think we may have to deal with a wizard of some sort."

Duskranger
2010-07-27, 12:27 AM
Let's see if we can find a way which has the least casualties but with the most answers answered. I do not want to takethem out, even though they are thiefs and cutthroats most are probably like you Stryder and that means the canstill find redemption.

Volthawk
2010-07-27, 05:43 AM
"Fine. Look, I'll just use my sap, and use my drow poison, alright? Non-lethal damage and unconsciousness poison."