PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Warriors [3.5 feat, PEACH]

Fortuna
2010-04-26, 11:54 PM
Ancient Warrior [Fighter]
Where some wither with age, you are like a fine wine, improving with the years.
Prerequisites: Middle-Aged or older, Fighter level 4
Benefits: Select Strength, Dexterity or Constitution. You no longer take aging penalties to this ability score. Instead, you gain a bonus to this ability score equal to half the aging penalty that you would take to it without this feat.
Special: When you select this feat, choose Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma. You no longer gain a bonus to this ability score from aging.

Milskidasith
2010-04-27, 12:05 AM
Can this feat be taken multiple times for multiple abilities?

Temotei
2010-04-27, 12:05 AM
Ancient Warrior [Fighter]
Where some wither with age, you are like a fine wine, improving with the years.
Prerequisites: Middle-Aged or older, Fighter level 4
Benefits: Select Strength, Dexterity or Constitution. You no longer take aging penalties to this ability score. Instead, you gain a bonus to this ability score equal to half the aging penalty that you would take to it without this feat.
Special: When you select this feat, choose Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma. You no longer gain a bonus to this ability score from aging.

Heck yes. I just posted about this. :smallcool:

Fortuna
2010-04-27, 12:12 AM
Can this feat be taken multiple times for multiple abilities?

No. If you think it needs it, I could put that in, but the assumption is it can't be.

Temotei
2010-04-27, 12:19 AM
No. If you think it needs it, I could put that in, but the assumption is it can't be.

Darn. That would be sweet to have a really old guy with higher Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution than he had when he was young. :smallsigh:

Oh well. If I use this in a game, I'm allowing multiple takings. :smalltongue:

Although, I might make it a generic feat instead of a fighter feat if I use it.

Fortuna
2010-04-27, 12:28 AM
How about an upgrade, then?

Sempitern Champion [Fighter]
Every blow you strike, every movement you make, has the force and cunning of ages behind it. Truly, there is no sight more fearsome than ancient courage overwhelming newfound valour.
Prerequisites: Ancient Warrior, Old age or older, Fighter level 10th
Benefits: The physical ability score that you chose when you took the Ancient Warrior feat now receives double its previous aging bonus. Your other physical ability scores take only half the normal aging penalty. Finally, you no longer die of old age.
Special: You no longer gain aging bonuses to Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma.

Now, I realize that it steps on the toes of an epic feat, but that feat sucked. The not dieing of old age is really just a fluff thing. The only thing that worries me is that there may not be enough of a drawback involved in these feats anymore: in total, you start with three -6 scores and three +3 scores and spend two feats to go to a +6 score and two +3 scores, all of which are useful to you.

Lappy9000
2010-04-27, 01:05 AM
I love this :smallcool:

How about an upgrade, then?

Sempitern Champion [Fighter]
Every blow you strike, every movement you make, has the force and cunning of ages behind it. Truly, there is no sight more fearsome than ancient courage overwhelming newfound valour.
Prerequisites: Ancient Warrior, Old age or older, Fighter level 10th
Benefits: The physical ability score that you chose when you took the Ancient Warrior feat now receives double its previous aging bonus. Your other physical ability scores take only half the normal aging penalty. Finally, you no longer die of old age.
Special: You no longer gain aging bonuses to Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma.

Now, I realize that it steps on the toes of an epic feat, but that feat sucked. The not dieing of old age is really just a fluff thing. The only thing that worries me is that there may not be enough of a drawback involved in these feats anymore: in total, you start with three -6 scores and three +3 scores and spend two feats to go to a +6 score and two +3 scores, all of which are useful to you.The upgrade looks good too. I wouldn't worry about the epic feat; they're a terrible baseline to use. As to the upgraded feat itself, I don't think there's any problem with them, and I sure know I'd debate trading aging bonuses to mental stats for effective immortality.