PDA

View Full Version : Quiver of Ehlonna stuffed

Escheton
2010-04-27, 08:42 AM
What fits in there?

what weapons/items count as arrows?

what weapons/items count as javelins?

what weapons/items count as bows?

and it's a free action to recover right?

The Rose Dragon
2010-04-27, 08:44 AM
{Scrubbed}

Escheton
2010-04-27, 08:48 AM
{Scrubbed}

The Rose Dragon
2010-04-27, 08:50 AM
Is answering the question the thread asks an offense now? :smalltongue:

Also, yes, drawing arrows (and bolts) from a quiver is always a free action.

BRC
2010-04-27, 08:54 AM
Is answering the question the thread asks an offense now? :smalltongue:

Also, yes, drawing arrows (and bolts) from a quiver is always a free action.

Get back in the thread please.

The description states that "Spears, Staffs, or the like" count as "bows" for this purpose.
So by RAW that's Spears, Bows, and Quarterstaffs.

I would rule that Shortspears and Tridents count as Javelins for the second pocket.

Serpentine
2010-04-27, 08:56 AM
Manners.

Long, skinny things of the approximate size and shape. I'd go with: keys, wands, cutlery... sticks... chopsticks... Uh...

Thalnawr
2010-04-27, 08:59 AM
Interestingly enough, it doesn't say what types of bows you can fit in the largest space. So you could stuff a greatbow in there, and then claim you could also stuff a ten foot pole in as well.

Edit: Or longspears, or other reach polearms, I suppose, depending on the size of the business end.

The Rose Dragon
2010-04-27, 09:00 AM
The description states that "Spears, Staffs, or the like" count as "bows" for this purpose.
So by RAW that's Spears, Bows, and Quarterstaffs.

Well, if you define bow-shaped to include unstrung, non-composite bows, sure, it can carry spears and staffs.

Thalnawr
2010-04-27, 09:01 AM
Well, if you define bow-shaped to include unstrung, non-composite bows, sure, it can carry spears and staffs.
It specifically calls them out in the item description, so I don't see why not.

BRC
2010-04-27, 09:02 AM
That's from the SRD description

This appears to be a typical arrow container capable of holding about twenty arrows. It has three distinct portions, each with a nondimensional space allowing it to store far more than would normally be possible. The first and smallest one can contain up to sixty objects of the same general size and shape as an arrow. The second slightly longer compartment holds up to eighteen objects of the same general size and shape as a javelin. The third and longest portion of the case contains as many as six objects of the same general size and shape as a bow (spears, staffs, or the like). Once the owner has filled it, the quiver can produce any item she wishes, as if from a regular quiver or scabbard. The efficient quiver weighs the same no matter what’s placed inside it.

Darkxarth
2010-04-27, 09:04 AM
Wands = Arrows
Rods = Javelins
Staffs = Bows

Escheton
2010-04-27, 09:15 AM
thanks for getting the thread back on track and the usefull info

I'm thinking harpoons count as javelins and non-greatspear polearms count as greatbows

Panigg
2010-04-27, 09:18 AM
thanks for getting the thread back on track and the usefull info

I'm thinking harpoons count as javelins and non-greatspear polearms count as greatbows

Except for their slightly larger head, a harpoon is by all means a javelin. So yes, they fit in there.

A polearm my be a bit too large. But I'm sure you can convince your DM to let it count as using up two spaces instead of one, if he doesn't go for the 1 polearm = 1 bow.

kamikasei
2010-04-27, 09:21 AM
Wands = Arrows
Rods = Javelins

I'm not sure how long javelins are meant to be, but I'd definitely peg arrows as considerably larger than wands (which are only 1/2-1 feet), and I'd expect javelins to be larger than rods (2-3 feet) as well.

jiriku
2010-04-27, 10:20 AM
Crowbars are about javalin-sized. What? Anything valuable in a dungeon that isn't nailed down is finders-keepers. And anything that can be pried up with a crowbar isn't nailed down.

Scroll tubes are about javalin-sized as well. So is your typical map case. A single rolled-up scroll on a dowel is about arrow-sized.

A scabbarded sword without a hilt-guard (which includes many sorts of dagger and short sword) ought to fit in the bow compartment. A 20'-40' length of rope tightly wound about a slender staff should fit in the bow compartment as well. Tent poles should fit in there too.

While considering what you can pack into your quiver (my that sounds naughty), don't forget the shrink item spell. That should allow any item that would fit in the bow compartment to be stored in the arrow compartment instead, and the bow compartment could store a shrunken battering ram.