PDA

View Full Version : Treasure (My players, don't read)

BtanH
2010-04-27, 10:21 AM
Don't read If you are playing in my campaign please.

Ok so I saw this photo

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FtjF0afOXrk/SzWn6l_eYJI/AAAAAAAAAGo/J5X0abLqTjo/s1600-h/Treasure.jpg

and it inspired me to make some strawberries of IMESURABLE POWER.
I had a few ideas
1 Something like prismatic (you gain a benifit depending on the color) There would be 7 of the strawberries (resisances, a dimensional anchor area effect, and a resistance on saves or someting, uncertain yet).
2 A heroes feast effect (they would fins, maybe 12ish)

Also the campaign is level one right now (though when they get this they will level to level 2). How much money should they have at level 2?

Any other ideas or Improvements??

Volthawk
2010-04-27, 02:19 PM
Well, wealth by level for level 2 is 900gp.

Zexion
2010-04-27, 02:20 PM
These ideas are rather strong for 2nd level characters. Wait until 4th of 5th level.

BtanH
2010-04-27, 02:46 PM
ok, thanks. So, any specific ideas for the prismatic ones?
Fire
Electricity
Acid
Poison
Stone
Insanity
and Planar Shifiting are the seven. Now to make them benificial...

AtwasAwamps
2010-04-27, 03:01 PM
Fire: One use of a fire breath attack in the next hour. 15-foot cone, 4d4, DC 15 ref save for half.

Electricity: Once consumed, the next person to attack consumer takes 1d10 electricity damage, DC 14 fort save for half.

Acid: One use of an acid spit attack in the next hour. Ranged Touch Attack, 3d4 acid damage.

Poison: Neutralize Poison, CL 3

Stone: Stoneskin, CL 4

Insanity: Rage, CL 3

Planar Shifting: Blink, CL 3

BtanH
2010-04-27, 03:04 PM
Fire: One use of a fire breath attack in the next hour. 15-foot cone, 4d4, DC 15 ref save for half.

Electricity: Once consumed, the next person to attack consumer takes 1d10 electricity damage, DC 14 fort save for half.

Acid: One use of an acid spit attack in the next hour. Ranged Touch Attack, 3d4 acid damage.

Poison: Neutralize Poison, CL 3

Stone: Stoneskin, CL 4

Insanity: Rage, CL 3

Planar Shifting: Blink, CL 3

And how much would this be worth? Just want to know, because strawberries aren't exactly normal items...

EdroGrimshell
2010-04-27, 05:02 PM
And how much would this be worth? Just want to know, because strawberries aren't exactly normal items...

Make it similar to potions. They act in a very similar way and meet all the criteria.

BtanH
2010-04-28, 06:03 AM
ok, I think that all seven are gonna be worth sometihng, like 2000 gp. They are strawberries, and as such are more easily broken.

Jack of Spades
2010-04-28, 12:27 PM
Odd thought... Are the seeds of these strawberries viable? I can easily imagine a group of players starting a magic strawberry plantation :smallbiggrin:

As I always say, "When life gives you lemons, grow a lemon tree."

Saveducks
2010-04-29, 07:02 PM
Maybe For lightning on your next ranged attack the ammunition becomes a lightning bolt and deal +3D6 lightning however the ammunition is expended after this.

DracoDei
2010-04-30, 09:18 AM
The electricity one is very weak compared to the others... make it all attackers for the next minute of maybe more and you might be in business... base it on the offensive portion of Fire Shield probably.