PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5] Picking Maneuvers for ToB Crusader

Avaril
2010-04-27, 10:23 AM
Hi, I'm playing a Pathfinder Fighter 6/ToB Crusader 2, and I'm trying to figure out what I need to do with my maneuvers. So far, most of the ones I have take a standard action. But, in most rounds, it's easier (and does more damage) to just do a full attack action since I don't move much. I can see this becoming more of an issue when I get to 3 attacks. Do I just need to concentrate on counters and boosts instead of the attack maneuvers?

Mongoose87
2010-04-27, 10:32 AM
Well, the nice thing about maneuvers, especially the Devoted Spirit ones that Crusaders get, is the extra stuff they add. You can get maneuvers that heal you, maneuvers that stun opponents, maneuvers that lets you allies go out of turn (my favorites). For example, you're initiator level 5 right now, meaning you get 3rd level maneuvers. You can pick up revitalizing strike, which would essentially make you able to be both a damage dealer and a healbot at the same time.

Frosty
2010-04-27, 11:39 AM
If you don't want to move much, pick up some Stone Dragon stuff. They are awesome for people that don't move.

Alternatively, at higher levels it's easy to move as a Swift action and full-attack.

Eldariel
2010-04-27, 02:38 PM
Hi, I'm playing a Pathfinder Fighter 6/ToB Crusader 2, and I'm trying to figure out what I need to do with my maneuvers. So far, most of the ones I have take a standard action. But, in most rounds, it's easier (and does more damage) to just do a full attack action since I don't move much. I can see this becoming more of an issue when I get to 3 attacks. Do I just need to concentrate on counters and boosts instead of the attack maneuvers?

The idea with maneuvers is that they specifically enable moving. But yeah, Devoted Spirit and White Raven have amazing Strikes, particularly charges, and some great ally-buffing maneuvers and Stone Dragon has some solid damage dealing strikes and some defensive stuff. It's a good idea to mix it up, especially as a Crusader since Crusaders have many maneuvers known and easy access to them over the battle.

But you'll want a mix of counters, boosts and strikes, really. Pick good ones you think you'll be using, remember that switching stance is a swift action too, and pick counters you expect you might actually use. Shield Block is a good one if you actually use a shield, for example, and Shield Counter is a must for shield users.