PDA

View Full Version : Half-Breeds IC

John Cribati
2010-04-27, 01:27 PM
Four have been exiled. Some by choice, some by force, but all because of what you are. To protect themselves from those who would harm them, they must band together. Only, they don't quite know it yet.

Our adventure starts in an inn, where you request lodging for the night.

Ernir
2010-04-27, 04:28 PM
At the bar stands a tall man, white-blonde hair hanging to his shoulders, brushing against the hilt of a greatsword. Straight-nosed and straight-backed, he is almost alarmingly handsome. He looks decidedly out of place.

"No, my good man. Just the room, no drinks. I never touch alcohol."

Averagedog
2010-04-27, 06:24 PM
The door to the inn opens as a figure cloaked in a dark green cloak enters the common room. The cloak drenched in the day's rain. The figure takes off the cloak revealing himself to be some sort of a bipedal feline like creature the size of a normal human. He has decidedly a Tiger like head with a mop of dark brown hair lying straight around his shoulders tied back behind his triangle shaped ears. His golden eyes seems to glow in the dim inn light but in reality works to reflect the light better to see in the darkness. Reidoon wears what looks to be leather armor, but in reality is a leathery like armor made out of especially treated leaves, with twin shortswords at his hip. His tail bobs behind him and moves by its own accord, dangling around his booted feet. Reidoon takes off his large pack and unstrings his bow, carefully putting the bowstring in a pocket of his pack.

He walks up to the bar and says with a weary sincerity, "I require a room for the night and I understand my appearance is shocking to those that have never seen anything as exotic as myself. I am willing to pay a bit more for service if you have anything against my appearance."

John Cribati
2010-04-27, 07:23 PM
OOC: I was doing my best not to start in a tavern, and here we are anyway :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

The bartender looks at the feline-faced man and scoffs.
"And what if I have, say, a thousand gold pieces against your appearance?

Averagedog
2010-04-27, 07:34 PM
Reidoon's eyes narrows slightly. a low growl escapes his curved lips but is quickly choked under the guise of one clearing one's throat.

Reidoon responds calmly,"Then I say your possible loss of business from one night of my presence here is over exaggerated. I am willing to give you 6 gold pieces, three times the amount other fine inns I've passed through have charged me. What do you say?"

((Its an Inn, not a Tavern :P Inns are at least one step higher than shady taverns :D))

John Cribati
2010-04-27, 08:03 PM
"Six gold? You look like a well off kind of guy, with your fancy bows and swords. You can spare more'n that.

Averagedog
2010-04-27, 08:35 PM
Reidoon smirks, "My inheritence through the ashes off my people," He says simply.

"Here is an additional 10 gold on top of my original offer. My road is long, but my quest is singular in nature and is of." His eyes suddenly burn vibrantly, "Revenge."

Arudin
2010-04-27, 08:55 PM
There is a sudden noise as the door of the inn opens and closes again. Entering the room is a tall man wearing a hooded grey cloak, with a suit of platemail clearly visible underneath it. Above his head, are strange floating sigils that emit a gentle glow. On his back is a large sword sheath, and he has a bag securely slung over one shoulder. Glancing around the inn, Zadaine raises his hand to remove his hood and wipe some of the rain off, before walking towards a bartender.

Reaching into a pouch, he takes out a couple of coins. "I'd like a room, a hot meal, and a place to get my horse out of the rain, if you have it." he says to the man. He remains standing while waiting for an answer.

John Cribati
2010-04-27, 09:32 PM
The bartender looks to the newcomer, then back to the Catfolk. He almost grins.
"Tell ya what. Give me 15 gold each, and I'll set you both up in a nicer roo-"
Suddenly a voice cuts him off.
"Don't listen to him."
Both of you turn to see a cloaked figure leaning against a nearby wall.
"There's a place about half mile north of here; The Snake's Tongue. Tell the dwarf with the red hat that Bralk sent you. He'll give you a decent place."

Averagedog
2010-04-27, 09:48 PM
Reidoon snatches back his coins with great alacrity and asks the new cloaked figure, "What reason do I have to believe you sir? Who's to say that this dwarf friend of yours won't be waiting for me on the road ready to put a knife in my back?"

Sense Motive Check:

[roll0]

John Cribati
2010-04-27, 09:58 PM
"Let's just say I'm used to being mistreated because of how I look. It's more out of pity, really."

Bralk removes the cloak to reveal her long silvery-black hair, red eyes, pointed ears and greenish black skin.

(OOC: Thus marks the end of team sausage-fest)

Ernir
2010-04-27, 10:03 PM
"Who's to say that this dwarf friend of yours won't be waiting for me on the road ready to put a knife in my back?"

Siggi, with a white flash of the cloak, turns away from the bar table and towards those who are speaking.
"I say so! I will join you on the way, there will be no putting of knives in anyone's back while I am there."

He turns back towards the barkeep, the cloak flapping again.
"As for you, good barkeep, I think I will withdraw my request for lodgings. I prefer not to associate with those who would take advantage of the obviously downtrodden. May the powers of good shine on you and guide your way to righteousness."

Oh, and Detect Evil on the cloaked figure. :smallbiggrin:

John Cribati
2010-04-27, 10:21 PM
Bralk turns to the new face. He seems to be glaring at her intently. Not to be put off, she takes up a semi-polite air.
"So, are you coming, too?"

Siggi senses a faint trace of evil on the cloaked Orc, but after a closer inspection, he deduces that it comes from the cloak itself.

Arudin
2010-04-27, 10:25 PM
After hearing the barkeeper's offer, Zadaine replies. "I think not. 15 gold is an outrageous price for a single night. I will be taking my business elsewhere." He walks over near the door, puts his hood back up, and turns to face the woman.

"I will take you up on your offer of lodging. There's little chance I'll find any worse prices, or conditions, elsewhere. You look trustworthy, and I can defend myself in the event of a betrayal anyway. If you'll just lead the way?" he says to the woman while motioning towards the door.

Averagedog
2010-04-27, 10:32 PM
Reidoon silently puts his cloak back on and hoists his gear in preparation to follow the others and leave. The heaviness of his belongings made him remember the last time he went on a trip with his father to a bazaar. He silently curses himself for not purchasing a bag of holding and instead purchasing a magical bow that was later burned in the attack from the dragon.

"I'm ready to leave, lady"

John Cribati
2010-04-27, 10:55 PM
"After you," Bralk says. She holds the door open as the two walk through. she turns to the man in the white cloak. "You comin' or not?"

(OOC: Let's just say that Asdf's character went to The Snake's Tongue from the start. Deadtime for me, BTW)

Asdfth
2010-04-27, 11:14 PM
A tall figure enters the inn checking the back every few steps and adjusted the brown cloak. Scans the bar area and looks around. Zanorin Treantspatience walks in with backpack on and finds a empty table and pulls out a book and starts to read it occasionally check around.

OOc sorry had to work late.

Ernir
2010-04-28, 09:28 AM
"Yes, milady, I am coming."

John Cribati
2010-04-28, 10:07 AM
Giving the bartender one final menacing glare, Bralk pulls her hood over her head and leads the three men to The Snake's Tongue. This inn is much better overall. The walls look freshly painted, the food smells good, and there are tables about where a variety of humanoid creatures share drinks and play cards. Bralk gets the attention of the dwarf behind the counter.
"Hey, Nondra, I got three here," She points to the men behind her with her thumb.
The dwarf cracks a smile, revealing a few fangs. "All at once?"
Bralk swats at him playfully. "Not like that. They just need rooms."
Nondra does some quick calculations.
One room, three beds. Nine gold. That alright with you gentlemen?"

(OOC: I'm thinking of having Asdf's villain attack first, because that's the only one I've thought up so far. I've put a bit of thought into it, too)

Averagedog
2010-04-28, 10:12 AM
"Sounds like a deal" Reidoon states handing over his share of the pay. As he says this, Reidoon studies the dwarf intently with his intense eyes. While the lady has delivered him and the other random patrons to this decidedly much better inn, it was hard for him to completely trust her due to the unlikely circumstances.

Sense Motive on the dwarf.

[roll0]

Asdfth
2010-04-28, 04:48 PM
Zanorin looking around him to check his surroundings. Sure I room would be nice. he went on too mumble and gave the coins to dwarf. Zanorin pulls out another book and starts to read it while looking at the inn.

Arudin
2010-04-28, 05:19 PM
Zadaine reaches into his pouch and pulls out the stated amount, along with a few extra coins. "That sounds like a good deal, though I'm in need of more than a room. I've already stabled my horse, to get him out of the rain, and I would like a hot meal for myself as well. How much will that cost me?" he asks.

He hands the dwarf the three gold coins, and holds the others in his hand while waiting expectantly.

John Cribati
2010-04-28, 06:12 PM
Nondra addresses the elf who butted in.
"Well, If you want to share with these guys, It'll be a gold piece to bring up an extra cot."
He then talks to the man in heavy armor.
"Well, let's see; three for your share of the room, two for the stable... four pieces would get you some warm potatoes, a mug of mead, and some meat. Beef, chicken or fish?"

Reidoon senses no ill will from the dwarf.

Arudin
2010-04-28, 06:33 PM
"Beef will be fine, thank you," Zadaine replies to the innkeeper. He counts out the extra coins and hands them to the dwarf. Then, he walks over to the nearest table, removes his cloak, and sits down.

Averagedog
2010-04-28, 06:34 PM
"I will give you threemore gold if you drop the potatoes and give me a share of each of the meat good dwarf" Reidoon says as he dexteriously rolls three coins on his knuckles and places them on the bar. "I have not had a hot meal ever since it started raining in these parts."

Ernir
2010-04-29, 06:59 PM
Siggi pays without grudging.

Asdfth
2010-04-30, 03:38 PM
Oh sure I would love a meal. He reaches in and gives the bartender more gold. Oh by the way where is our room and may I please have a key.

John Cribati
2010-04-30, 04:54 PM
Nondra hands the elf a key. "Second floor, room 13. I'll have someone bring a platter to the table.

(OOC: I'll be gone till Monday. Do some RP if you want. First encounter starts after you've all rested.)

Averagedog
2010-04-30, 05:25 PM
Reidoon sits at the prescribed table and sighs wearily dropping his pack with a heavy thud to the floor as he sits down on a chair with an open back to accomodate his tail. Taking a mug of ale from a passing bar maid, he drinks deeply enjoying the cold and bitter taste.

Arudin
2010-05-03, 04:23 PM
Zadaine takes his meal from the platter the barmaid is holding, and begins to eat his food and sip his mead. After a little while, he finishes the meal and hands the plate to another passing barmaid. He remains at the table drinking his mead for a while, before eventually getting up and retiring for the night.

John Cribati
2010-05-17, 12:16 PM
The night passes uneventfully. The four of you share breakfast.

Ernir
2010-05-19, 10:05 PM
"So, what manner of quest do you be on? Pardon if I say, but there seems to be an air of an unjust hunt in the air."