PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Adramalech or Mephistopheles

Scorpions__
2010-04-27, 11:16 PM
Who has more power in Baator?

Lord of the Eighth or Chancellor of Baator?

DM[F]R

AslanCross
2010-04-28, 05:29 AM
I'd say Mephistopheles. He has his own cult, is able to even dare to defy Asmodeus, invented Hellfire, etc. Adramalech barely even gets a mention.

Runestar
2010-04-28, 06:33 AM
Adramalech seems to hold a lot of influence behind the scenes, as he apparently knows a lot of fiends' truenames. Even Asmodeus appears to tolerate his presence for some reason. :smalltongue:

The Tygre
2010-04-28, 09:01 AM
Mephistopheles, without question. Adramalech endures in Hell on Asmodeus' orders. He's little more than the Lord of the Ninth's spy-master (not that that's not impressive). He used to be Lord of the Fourth, had a stint at divinity, got overthrown by Belial, and wound up heading Asmo's Order of the Lie. Mephistopheles' power hasn't budged and actually grown in the uncountable millennium since he was spawned from Hell itself. He's still one of the most worshiped and feared beings in the multiverse and his power is only growing with every new devil and beastie that comes out of Cania and every Warlock that decides to make a pact with him.

Scorpions__
2010-04-28, 09:05 AM
Mephistopheles, without question. Adramalech endures in Hell on Asmodeus' orders. He's little more than the Lord of the Ninth's spy-master (not that that's not impressive). He used to be Lord of the Fourth, had a stint at divinity, got overthrown by Belial, and wound up heading Asmo's Order of the Lie. Mephistopheles' power hasn't budged and actually grown in the uncountable millennium since he was spawned from Hell itself. He's still one of the most worshiped and feared beings in the multiverse and his power is only growing with every new devil and beastie that comes out of Cania and every Warlock that decides to make a pact with him.

Really? I've only ever read about Adramalech in that Fiendish Codex II web enhancement, is he from previous editions?

DM[F]R

The Tygre
2010-04-28, 09:14 AM
Gates of Hell, from DiceFreaks. It still remains the definitive source on devils in D&D. FCII was just a nice little bonus. :smallamused: They do their best to conform any given Cosmic Entity to match its real-world status and what D&D information is available. Suffice to say, they upgraded Adamalech to 'lord of Satan's personal gestapo' from 'senator of Hell/devil's wardrobe manager' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adramelech).

Scorpions__
2010-04-28, 09:19 AM
Did Dicefreaks ever finish their work on the demonic side of things? Are they still doing it for 3.5?

DM[F]R

The Tygre
2010-04-28, 09:22 AM
It goes... (http://dicefreaks.superforums.org/viewforum.php?f=12) *shuffles uncomfortably*. From the looks of things, they're updating it to PF, or some variation thereof.

kamikasei
2010-04-28, 09:26 AM
Gates of Hell, from DiceFreaks. It still remains the definitive source on devils in D&D.

To the extent that there's such a thing as "canon" in D&D, is it canon?

Starbuck_II
2010-04-28, 09:37 AM
No, Dicefreaks aren't canon as they change the story sometimes. Like Orcus they changed his story how he came to be before.

But they are a good interpretation.

Scorpions__
2010-04-28, 09:43 AM
No, Dicefreaks aren't canon as they change the story sometimes. Like Orcus they changed his story how he came to be before.

But they are a good interpretation.

And the fact that their not Wizards of the Coast.

DM[F]R

The Tygre
2010-04-28, 09:44 AM
The only other bit of 'canon' I can find on Adamalech is that is stated as the Record Keeper of Hell. As I've said, I prefer the DF version.