PDA

View Full Version : Paralyzing/Turn Resisting PrC's, feats, whatever

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-04-28, 01:17 AM
I'm looking to advance a ghoul to a level 23rd and looking to max out it's paralysis and turn resistance.

I've found Improved Paralysis and Contagious Paralysis, as well as improved turn resistance. However, none of them really help too much at higher levels.

Any suggestions?

PhoenixRivers
2010-04-28, 01:31 AM
Lurking Terror PrC is fairly good.

You get HiPS, and you add its class level to the DC of any DC gained by virtue of the undead that you are.

That gets you better odds on getting to use it, and better odds on sticking it when you do.

After that, there's Evolved undead, a template that boosts Str and Cha, as well as gives SLA's, fast healing, nat armor, and more. Cha boosts your Paralysis DC.

Keld Denar
2010-04-28, 01:33 AM
There is a short PrC in Libris Mortis: The Book of Bad Latin called Tomb Warden, IIRC, that gives you complete immunity to Turn Undead as long as you are in your tomb. Keeps you from roaming, but great for NPCs. Same book has a feat that increases Turn Resistance.

Don't forget that Ability Focus stacks with Improved Paralysis for a net gain of +6 DC for 2 feats. I don't think you can benefit from either more than once though.

You can also use classes and abilities like Pally of Slaughter, Blackguard, and Binder (with Foculor), or Hexblade (with Dark Companion) to debuff your opponents saves. Negative saves is the same as increasing DCs.

The save DC is Cha based, and the Evolved Undead template gives +2 Cha, among other things.