PDA

View Full Version : Did it go missing?

Kaskos
2010-04-28, 06:42 AM
Hi there,

I was talking to someone on here about equipping a 6th-7th level druid and apart from the Belt of Many Pockets and the standard good quality weapon, armour and the occasional Wilding clasp they advised there was a thread called 'Fill That Slot' that could be useful for me?

Any idea where that might be as i had a quick look but couldnt find it - i know its probably right in front of me - but i really couldnt find it.

Also - question about armour + wilding clasp. Does one wilding clasp work on a set of armour or does it work for one piece of the armour or does it not work at all?
((Am open to any tips on gear for this character if anyone has any awesome idea's))

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-04-28, 06:52 AM
A Wilding Clasp works on a single magic item. An entire suit of armor, regardless of how many pieces it is made up from, is considered one item for game mechanics purposes. Therefore, a Wilding Clasp would work on one suit of armor. Note, however, that humanoid-shaped armor would not work for a nonhumanoid form, so you'd be better off getting the Wild property on your armor, preferably Armor of the Beast from Complete Champion. Plus a Monk's Belt AC bonus won't function with Wilding Clasped armor, whereas it does function when you're wild shaped and wearing Wild armor.

Emmerask
2010-04-28, 06:52 AM
You can use advanced search -> search by user name to find a post from yours :smallwink:

I guess its this one http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150244 :smallsmile:

ah sry did read your post wrong -.-

this is the thread you are looking for I guess:

google -> giantip + fill that slot :smallwink:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149464

Kaskos
2010-04-28, 06:56 AM
A Wilding Clasp works on a single magic item. An entire suit of armor, regardless of how many pieces it is made up from, is considered one item for game mechanics purposes. Therefore, a Wilding Clasp would work on one suit of armor. Note, however, that humanoid-shaped armor would not work for a nonhumanoid form, so you'd be better off getting the Wild property on your armor, preferably Armor of the Beast from Complete Champion. Plus a Monk's Belt AC bonus won't function with Wilding Clasped armor, whereas it does function when you're wild shaped and wearing Wild armor.

So what would you suggest for armour? I belive the Wild Property is VERY expensive isnt it? And what would it work with? The Monks belt?
I know i dont have enough gold to get all that at 6th or 7th but i may be able to get one of the items and use my Faerun Realm starting gear for weaponry

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-04-28, 07:41 AM
A Monk's Belt adds your Wisdom bonus to AC, it's typically better than wearing armor and much cheaper. If you're playing in FR maybe take Mercantile Background and get a 25% discount on it even. Wild armor does tend to be extremely expensive, but definitely try to get the Trappings of the Beast set from Complete Champion (Armor, Mantle, and Ring of the Beast), it will take quite a few levels but it's well worth it.

Vizzerdrix
2010-04-28, 08:00 AM
Hmm... Here's a thought. You're a W.S. Ranger with Aberrant Wildshape, and you just equipped a Wild Armor chain shirt. What would happen to it if you turned into a rust monster? :smalleek::smallconfused:

Kaskos
2010-04-28, 08:48 AM
A Monk's Belt adds your Wisdom bonus to AC, it's typically better than wearing armor and much cheaper. If you're playing in FR maybe take Mercantile Background and get a 25% discount on it even. Wild armor does tend to be extremely expensive, but definitely try to get the Trappings of the Beast set from Complete Champion (Armor, Mantle, and Ring of the Beast), it will take quite a few levels but it's well worth it.

I have jsut had a look online for details on the 'Trappings of the Beast' set.
I can see the benefits and suchlike but cant see a price.

And as for the Belt of Many Pockets (if i described it wrong, its the item i mentioned earlier) It says it can hold a familiar - even mine? So if i have a dire bear i can keep it in my little old belt?

Quietus
2010-04-28, 08:59 AM
Hmm... Here's a thought. You're a W.S. Ranger with Aberrant Wildshape, and you just equipped a Wild Armor chain shirt. What would happen to it if you turned into a rust monster? :smalleek::smallconfused:

So long as you don't whip yourself with your antennae, it'd be fine.

Greenish
2010-04-28, 09:10 AM
Hmm... Here's a thought. You're a W.S. Ranger with Aberrant Wildshape, and you just equipped a Wild Armor chain shirt. What would happen to it if you turned into a rust monster? :smalleek::smallconfused:Wild armour melts into your wild-shaped form, and can't be damaged while you're in wild shape, or so I believe.

As for the belt question: druids don't have familiars, they have animal companions.

Kaskos
2010-04-28, 10:38 AM
As for the belt question: druids don't have familiars, they have animal companions.

Thats a very valid point

Sydonai
2010-04-28, 02:30 PM

Magic armor conforms to your body shape/size.