PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Remember a Game

Anxe
2010-04-28, 08:12 AM
I'm looking for help. I'm trying to remember the name and site of an online text game I played before, so I can play it again.

The home page had a picture of a dragon on it. Creating a character involved randomly allocating stats or placing your stat points carefully. The portrait of your character was decided by what stats you had. One of the quests was to change a frog back to a prince. You could complete the quest by taking him to a wizard who lived on a bridge in the sky or by taking him to a tribe that got passed over by a bird that granted wishes. Most of the drawings that accompanied the game were in black and white.

One of the side quest things in town was a man trying to sell you a fur pelt. Another was a witch that you could sell your hair to.

If you've played the game this is probably enough to remind you. If you haven't this probably seemed like strange rambling.

Please and thank you very much to whoever reveals the site's name.

ScottishDragon
2010-04-28, 09:01 AM
Try the gaming(other) section,someone there has proboably played it,whats the game system?

SensFan
2010-04-28, 10:08 AM
"online text game"

Aragehaor
2010-04-28, 10:11 AM
I'm looking for help. I'm trying to remember the name and site of an online text game I played before, so I can play it again.

The home page had a picture of a dragon on it. Creating a character involved randomly allocating stats or placing your stat points carefully. The portrait of your character was decided by what stats you had. One of the quests was to change a frog back to a prince. You could complete the quest by taking him to a wizard who lived on a bridge in the sky or by taking him to a tribe that got passed over by a bird that granted wishes. Most of the drawings that accompanied the game were in black and white.

One of the side quest things in town was a man trying to sell you a fur pelt. Another was a witch that you could sell your hair to.

If you've played the game this is probably enough to remind you. If you haven't this probably seemed like strange rambling.

Please and thank you very much to whoever reveals the site's name.

Age Of Fable By Jolly Steve? (http://www.ageoffable.net/)

I know those quest lines/side-quests are in this game, i remember them.

Anxe
2010-04-28, 02:57 PM
Age Of Fable By Jolly Steve? (http://www.ageoffable.net/)

I know those quest lines/side-quests are in this game, i remember them.

That's the one. Thanks!

druid91
2010-04-28, 05:44 PM
I went to that link and played for a while, that game is simultaneously a creepy paranoia inducing old style fantasy, and so insanely hilarious from the random things that happen, such as meeting "An elf who's armor seems chosen for fashion rather then defense." or an ugly tree. Though the occasional loops get irritating.

Aragehaor
2010-04-28, 06:48 PM
I went to that link and played for a while, that game is simultaneously a creepy paranoia inducing old style fantasy, and so insanely hilarious from the random things that happen, such as meeting "An elf who's armor seems chosen for fashion rather then defense." or an ugly tree. Though the occasional loops get irritating.

Warning. Minor Spoiler Below.
Personally. my favorite (one of them. anyways) is
Perhaps the surprise in the Vegetarian Surprise was a diseased rat. Perhaps the gods are testing you, or perhaps someone poisoned the wrong cup. For whatever reason, you are horribly sick for several days.:smalltongue:

druid91
2010-04-28, 07:16 PM
Yeah had that one, I clicked the link and played for about an hour.:smallbiggrin:

Though the time where my heroism got so low that my person was addicted to that courage seller was irritating.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-04-28, 08:48 PM
I remember that game! The guy who made it used to post when he had made a large update here...

druid91
2010-04-28, 09:01 PM
Well anyway I still can't decide wether to be creeped out or laugh. Every time it seems to be getting serious it throws something like Lolz the god of dork elves at me and I have to admit that that is hilarious, though it does seem like some of the events require planning for.

Fuzzie Fuzz
2010-04-28, 09:56 PM
Gee, thanks. Now I have another silly game to be addicted to. :smalltongue:

My favorite quote:
The farm's scarecrow is the best you've ever seen. It's outstanding in its field.