PDA

View Full Version : Here comes a new challenger...

Orzel
2010-04-28, 06:13 PM
"I dragon punch the dragon."

So I had the idea of adding the greatness of Street Fighter to to the awesome of D&D. Conflicted on how to add the mechanics of the 2d fighter, this is what I got so far:

Special Weapons Arts[General]
Choose 2 types of weapon art. You understand how to use that type of weapon art in combat
Prerequisite:Base attack bonus +1.
Benefit: You gain 2 special weapon arts.
Special: A fighter may select Special Weapons Arts as one of his fighter bonus feats.
You can gain Special Weapons Arts multiple times. Each time you take the feat, you gain 2 additional special weapons arts.

Super Weapons Arts[General]
Prerequisite:Base attack bonus +1, Special Weapons Arts feat.
Benefit: To use this feat, you must expend 1 super gauge. The next special weapon art you perform deals an extra 2d6 points of damage. You must decide whether or not to use this feat prior to making an attack. If your attack misses, you still expend 1 super gauge.
Special: A fighter may select Super Weapons Arts as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Weapons Arts Counter[General]
Prerequisite:Base attack bonus +1, Special Weapons Arts feat.
Benefit: Whenever an enemy within your reach misses a melee attack against you, you may expend 1 super gauge and the enemy is dazed for one round.
Special: A fighter may select Weapons Arts Counter as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Here's the 2 parts I'm conflicted about.

1) Should special arts be specific (named) special attacks or more generalized (projectile, anti-air, charge)?

2) Should the super gauge be hit or damage based? And how much per level?

Orzel
2010-04-29, 06:55 PM
Performing a Special Weapon Art.

You can perform a special weapon art as a standard action (an attack) or as part of a charge. If you perform a special weapon art, you cannot make attacks or opportunity for one round.

Each special weapon art has an ability requirement. If you know a special weapon art but do not meet its requirement, you suffer a -6 penalty to the attack roll.

Special weapon arts have a large recovery when missed. If you miss a special weapon art, you suffer a -2 penalty to saves and AC until the start of your next turn.

Special Weapon Arts:

Rush
Prerequisite: Str 16
You may move up to half your speed before make a melee attack. If part of a charge, you may add up to half your speed to the length of your charge

Anti-air
Prerequisite: Str 16
If you hit a target that is flying or at least 5' taller than you, they fall prone.

Chain
Prerequisite: Dex 16
If you hit a target, you gain a +4 competence bonus to the attack roll of the next chain special weapon art you perform.

Mix-up
Prerequisite: Cha 16
If you hit a target, you may preform a feint as a free action.

What do you think so far?