PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Dracolexi...

Aron Times
2010-04-29, 01:32 PM
I have some questions about the Dracolexi's Draconic Words (Races of the Dragon, page 80).

1. If I have Prolong, do I get Extend Spell applied to all my spells for free? The rules state that each person can only be affected by a Word once per day, but it says nothing about applying Words to spells.

2. Similarly, if I have Burn, does this mean that all of my Fire spells are now Widened or Empowered for free?

Optimystik
2010-04-29, 02:53 PM
1. If I have Prolong, do I get Extend Spell applied to all my spells for free? The rules state that each person can only be affected by a Word once per day, but it says nothing about applying Words to spells.

To get the Extend, you have to speak the word during the casting of a spell - therefore, only that particular spell will be extended. Applying the word to yourself gives you the healing. You can only get one of the above effects - note the word "instead" in the ability description.

2. Similarly, if I have Burn, does this mean that all of my Fire spells are now Widened or Empowered for free?

Again no, this will only apply to the spell being cast. So you can speak the word while casting a fireball to Widen or Empower it, but any further fireballs you cast will be normal.

Private-Prinny
2010-04-29, 05:38 PM

The way I interpret it, every individual spell cast counts as a "creature." The word "instead" is in there because you can't heal a spell.

Since every spell counts as a "creature," by my interpretation, yes. But keep in mind that you are restricted to one word/round