PDA

View Full Version : Awesome magic Archer Guy

ihateDMS
2010-04-30, 06:56 AM
Well i recently made a archer for a new campaign and i realized i need some cool stuff and i am pretty new at DND and i was wondering how can i make this Archer/Fighter the best warrior in the land?

oh and i am thinking about punching my old DM in the face because he said i kill puppies and i love animals. this is rude and not nice any other questions or comments reply or PM me

Coplantor
2010-04-30, 06:57 AM
Edition? Books allowed?

ihateDMS
2010-04-30, 07:08 AM
yeah all books 3.5

BobVosh
2010-04-30, 07:10 AM
3.5, all books. How are stats generated, and what level.

Apparently you want something like an arcane archer, how optimized do you want it to be?

Serpentine
2010-04-30, 07:14 AM
He... said you kill puppies? :smallconfused:

Coplantor
2010-04-30, 07:15 AM
Meh, instead of arcane archer you should get a +5 bow, it's pretty much the same.

kamikasei
2010-04-30, 07:24 AM
In order to give advice, the things we need to know are:

- edition (answered)
- books available (answered)
- rules for character creation (e.g., whether and how you're rolling for stats, or if you have point buy, if you have any free feats or extra skillpoints or the like, restrictions on multiclassing or race...)
- any houserules in effect
- the starting level and expected level range in play
- the general power level at the table
- what the other players are playing
- what you do and don't want from your character.

In general, archery isn't a very powerful option, but there are ways to boost it. One of the big questions will be how much it'll need to be boosted for your character to be "the best warrior in the land"... at your table.

ihateDMS
2010-04-30, 07:31 AM
3.5, all books. How are stats generated, and what level.

Apparently you want something like an arcane archer, how optimized do you want it to be?

yeah something like that, i am an Elf fighter with a long bow

ihateDMS
2010-04-30, 07:32 AM
In order to give advice, the things we need to know are:

- edition (answered)
- books available (answered)
- rules for character creation (e.g., whether and how you're rolling for stats, or if you have point buy, if you have any free feats or extra skillpoints or the like, restrictions on multiclassing or race...)
- any houserules in effect
- the starting level and expected level range in play
- the general power level at the table
- what the other players are playing
- what you do and don't want from your character.

In general, archery isn't a very powerful option, but there are ways to boost it. One of the big questions will be how much it'll need to be boosted for your character to be "the best warrior in the land"... at your table.

Well i already rolled my character ad got the stats and placed them i was basically just wondering how to make him better

ihateDMS
2010-04-30, 07:34 AM
He... said you kill puppies? :smallconfused:

yup hes a annoying little werido he actually has an account on here if i find his name il let you know

Coplantor
2010-04-30, 07:34 AM
Trust me, do not go for arcane archer:

http://norunnyeggs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/its-a-trap.jpg

It's weaker than a fighter and the abilities you get are the same as having a magic bow

Comet
2010-04-30, 07:40 AM
Fun fact: me and my friends accuse each other of killing various innocent lifeforms all the time. Especially when gaming. It's a joke, you know, and shouldn't be taken that seriously. Unless the guy was actually serious or if you felt bad about jokes like that and asked him to stop.

But all in all, I'd say punching him in the face would be a pretty uncool thing to do :smalltongue:

kamikasei
2010-04-30, 07:47 AM
Well i already rolled my character ad got the stats and placed them i was basically just wondering how to make him better

Okay, so what are the details of this character as he currently looks, then?

One thing you might benefit from is Greater Manyshot (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#greaterManyshot). It's in the psionic section, but for no particular reason - it doesn't require any psionics to use. A fighter can pick up both Manyshot and Greater Manyshot at level 6, I believe.

The disadvantage of course is that you'll need to keep up a good Dex for the feat prereqs (and ranged attacks) as well as a good Str for bonus damage with a composite bow.

Trick #1 for archers: get a bow with a good enhancement bonus and abilities you want to apply to all your shots. Use arrows with +1 enhancement and then pile on situational abilities. Since the enhancement bonuses overlap instead of stacking, you're better off using your ammunition as a cheap way to get bonuses against particular enemies (DR-penetrating materials, elemental or alignment enchantments, banes or the like).

yup hes a annoying little werido he actually has an account on here if i find his name il let you know

You'd probably better not - that would likely count as external baggage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1).

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-30, 02:19 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Thread locked.