PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood of Monsters

Pages : [1] 2

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-30, 08:03 AM
As the wrecked building smoulders around you you raise yourself up in a daze. You see the broken bodies of Axan's other experiments all around you as well as the remains of much of his possessions. Amazingly some of them seem to have been hardy enough to survive and you claim what you can from the blackened floor and broken vaults.

As you reach the main lab (which is missing it's roof and 2.5 of it's walls) you see three other former experiments of the now deceased Wizard.

How do you react?

MikelaC1
2010-04-30, 08:26 AM
SELINDA

Well, I didnt expect that to happen. I guess he couldnt keep his mind on his work. Not that that was my fault in any way. Now, what do we have here? I guess he managed to make a few experiments work after all.

Iun
2010-04-30, 08:28 AM
Lower body of a gigantic snake, covered in purple, black, and glossy green scales with no apparent pattern, upper body of the perfect vision of a drow female, together with huge black feathery wings. That's Shax, former experiment and former assistant of the former wizard Axan.

Having just salvaged all her stuff - her scythe, armor, belt, and bow, all adorned with masterfully done carvings and inlays depicting death, combat, and desctruction - Shax opens the remains of the main lab door with her scythe and slithers in, her eyes - globes of liquid green - roaming around the room. When she sees the others, Shax uncomfortably scratches the top of her head for a moment. While she rearranges her long purple hair - done in elaborate braids - she starts to laugh out of nowhere.

"My, we do have a nice weather today, don't we? Let's see, Gomp, Stumpy, Spike, Dopey, and Piral. And then we have Paimon. And you, I don't know you yet, gorgeous."

MikelaC1
2010-04-30, 10:08 AM
As if the perfect, impossible beauty of this human appearing woman werent enough to tell you about her Abyssal heritage, her currently folded wings would be. She must be a succubus, but unlike the popular conception of such 'women', this one is carrying a sword and by the looks of her and it, not only does she know how to use, it has seen lots of use. As the others enter the room, she affects an innocent look.

Dont look at me, I didnt do it

Ryuuk
2010-04-30, 11:55 AM
Paimon

At least at first, the construct seeemd to have been another casualty to the blast. His body, a suit of armor that so compact it might be just big enough for a malnourished skeleton, is sprawled against one of the remaining walls, ripples forming in the air above him from the heat it had built up. Once it starts to cool though, it begins to show signs of 'life'. It slumps forward, and raises an arm into the air. Instantly, a long estoc flips out from his forearm. It hilt being a part of his hand, it adjusts itself in an arc that would have likely left a paserby in ribbons before ending with its tip pointed at the ground. Using it as a support, it rises to its feet.

It wonders through the charred remains of the compund, trying to piece together what had happened. He moves as an indifferent observer, but when he enters the laboratory, there's a change. A voice, one he knew to be his voice, begins speaking to him in his head. Ah, such a specimen... we can't present ourselves like this, can we? No, no we can't. The metal body shifts into something much more human.

He ignores the others, stepping forward toward Selinda. "Of course not, no one could blame one such as you of anything, my dear..." His motions are elegant and measured. He gives Selinda a deep bow and a smile, looking deep into her eyes. "I am Paimon, may I ask what this divine creature's name is?"

Iun
2010-04-30, 04:11 PM
"Very smooth, almost as good as 'I didn't do it'," Shax says in a mock imitation of the succubus' voice. "Not that I don't want to hear the next pearl waiting in line, but how didn't you do it? I've tried a few times but I never got such a nice explosion. Well, never got any explosion at all." Shax seems to be sincerely disappointed at that fact.

MikelaC1
2010-04-30, 06:06 PM
SELINDA

He took some of my blood. Then he was going to mix it with something...or two somethings, how should I know? That was when I kissed him. Thats what the old lecher summoned me for after all. And then everything went boom. Pretty good kiss if I do say so myself

She turns to Paimon. My name is Selinda, by the way.

BooNL
2010-05-01, 02:03 AM
Jaws

Over the conversation between Selinda, Paimon and Shax, the sound of bickering can be heard.

"Le's get out of here, All this blood has set me on edge, I need to eat something. Someone,"
"We have to at least show our respects, the man was good to us,"
"Shut it, you pansy," the sound of jaws snapping can be heard.
"The cage, us birds are finally free, let us fly into the sunset like the headless minion on a stick!"
The conversation is abruptly ended by a long, low growl. "Quiet! There are others," the voice sounded older, more mature than the others. "Well well well, if it isn't Shax. I knew worms could survive anything. And the fake Paimon with her, how nice,"
"You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar Spike, be nice,"
"Shut it, Dopey," another sound of snapping can be heard as the largest of the heads bites at one of the other heads. "And, who is this. Young, seductive, obviously abbysal. You must be the new specimen he had brought in. Curious."

All this voices seemed to stem from the same source, the large 5-headed hydra lying on the floor in the broken laboratory. I would never have fit in there, if not for the gaping hole in the wall. It's center head stares at the gathered survivers with keen, draconic interest.

Iun
2010-05-01, 03:55 AM
Shax

"Worm! It's extraplanar entity of unfathomable power, intellect, and taste for you."

Shax stems her arms against her hips and pouts in mock outrage. Then she adresses Selinda.

"A kiss? Never thought of that. You have to tell me more, just let me shut them up first."

She pulls a small, fuzzy ball from a tan bag on her belt and throws it in front of the hydra. Once it lands it forms into a big tiger who looks around curiously.

"Stay! And you guys, bon appetit."

"Now that's taken care of, my name is Shax," Shax announces and does a curtsy, or at least the equivalent for someone without legs.

Ryuuk
2010-05-01, 11:41 AM
Paimon

"Selinda... A pleasure." Taking a better look, it appears she really was abyssal. To this shell that means nothing... Axan, if you'd told us you'd bring such incentive we'd have been more supportive of your efforts... Perhaps you'll finally quench your curiosity in death The human-like Paimon seems on the verge of laughter. "I'd never placed Axan as a lecher, though that would explain his old assistant. Whatever it was that you did with him, perhaps you could show me later." In a deep bow, he puts an open palm before him and, if payed attention to, takes the succubus' hand. He brings it to his lips before turning around.

"But I must ask you serpents, where I fake or not, would anyone really know?" With one last bow, the human appearance fades away. As the suit of armor takes its place, its stance becomes much less elegant, simply functional. A pair of expressionless eyes look around.

"Shax" It begins, its words much like its stance. "If The Master Is Dead, Then What Is The Procedure Now?"

Iun
2010-05-01, 11:53 AM
Shax

"Errrrr... Raid, plunder, and pillage? Come, see, and conquer? Wine, women, and song? Or we could just play charades. Ooh, I know, let's teach the hydra a few tricks and open a wandering circus. Of course Selinda would have to grow a beard..."

MikelaC1
2010-05-01, 02:41 PM
SELINDA

Selinda addresses each of the 'people' in turn

@ Jaw
I wasnt exactly a specimen he brought in. From what he told me, he thought my blood would help bond two essence together, allowing him to create someting new. Sadly, I guess something else was needed

@ Paimon
I could show you later....but most people tend to find the effect more than they can handle

@Shax
I can tell you more, but to my knowledge, no one else can master the technique. And demonstrating, while enjoyable for both us, tends to end badly. Any of your other ideas sound like fun. Especially the wine, women and song option. Of course, we should probably add a few men for variety, dont you think? And I can appear with a beard if I chose, but I find it tends to be a turnoff.

Iun
2010-05-01, 03:02 PM
Shax

"Women, men, who cares, they taste the same anyway. I really have to see the beard trick, though. Pretty please?"

MikelaC1
2010-05-01, 03:41 PM
SELINDA

Selinda concentrates for a moment, and then polymorphs herself, into the exact same form, however this time with a beard, a very long, grey one
think ZZ Top

Iun
2010-05-01, 04:04 PM
Shax

"Hmm, it was funnier in my mind. You know, it really doesn't flatter you at all. Well, so much for the circus. Hmm..."

Shax starts looking around the ruins, rubbing her chin in thought.

"Always wanted to see the great cities of the world, but for whatever reason Axan never let me out. Soo, does anybody know where we actually are?"

Ryuuk
2010-05-01, 04:27 PM
Paimon

"You Will Fi---nd that I am not most people, my dear." He turns back to Shax. "Splendid idea. Wine, women and song, we have freedom, lets make the most of it!" He looks to the sky, it really was the limit, and with such company perhaps perhaps he could finally bring his master what he wanted. "Men? They'll likely be plenty wherever we- ugh." Catching sight of the beard he parts his gaze. "That's just cruel Selinda."

"I cou---ld Not Say Where We Are Exactly, But Master Axan Had Me Act As His Bodyguard On Two Occasions. We Did Not Ride Much Distance, As Such There Must Be A Town Nearby." It turns to the door in a mechanical fashion, but finding it blocked by many large serpents welded together, he turns to the roof, or sky as the case may be. Looking over the walls it finds a suitable route and, with a kick that makes the dust and ash lift off the floor, leaps from a table to to a shelf to a cracked wall and to what remains of the ceiling in an instant. It stares into the horizon, trying to find a sign of civilization.

MikelaC1
2010-05-01, 08:25 PM
SELINDA

Selinda snaps her fingers and the beard vanishes in an instant.
I didnt think it did anything for me, either.
As for where we are, I cant help you with that, at least not now. We could be anywhere as far as I know, being summoned from a different plane. Once out, if we are around where I have been summoned in the past, I might recognize some spots. Ive done some memorable battles in many places in my career.

Iun
2010-05-02, 03:12 AM
Shax

Shax coughs in an overly dramatic fashion, and tries to wave away the dust. In the end she does a particularly elaborate wave accompanied by a single, piercing high note, and the air around her as well as Shax herself are starting to clean up.

"I'd better take a look myself."

After she has slithered into the middle of the room, Shax spreads her wings and starts to move them awkwardly, with little effect.

"Huh, not as easy as I thought this flying business. Whatever, I have more than enough time now to get the hang of it."

Shax keeps at it for a while longer, and finally, after having ruined the rest of the room and having caused the dust cloud to engulf everything in it, she lifts off.

"Oh, this could be fun. I'll be right back. Maybe," she shouts down towards the ruins before she gains more altitude and starts flying around the area in a big circle, watching for any landmarks.

Spot: [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-02, 03:22 AM
((The Mage's complex is quite large, and almost entirely wrecked. However you can see that it's nowhere near as big as all the space within implies, meaning most of it was underground. You are on a natural plateau, grassy banks descend gently on 3 sides, sharply on the other. You see a town nearby at the bottom of the hill, which has a number of vehicles drawn by what look like horses, except that they appear to be scaly and come in a variety of different colours coming towards the complex. Chances are they saw/heard/felt the massive explosion at the huge smoke cloud that is flowing around you (You guess your Fiendish nature must be stopping you getting choked by the smoke). It is blocking you from sight atm, and you have about 5 minutes before they get here.))

Iun
2010-05-02, 03:38 AM
Shax

Shax dives back towards the main lab, circling around it as low as possible.

"Ok, flying is fun, but how do you land? Oh, and we got company, soo, retreat to a position with more space and visibility, I'd say. After me!", she shouts and begins to sing the Ride of the Valkyries in loud and overdone "dam"s and "da"s, adding an unfitting flourish or two of her own.

MikelaC1
2010-05-02, 12:02 PM
SELINDA

Selinda follows after the snake/lady, calling out
Do you plan to engage...or talk. I suppose it doesnt really matter though, not much point in me hiding my Abyss nature, seeing a snake woman and a hydra are going to set them off anyway, a succubus isnt going to make a difference one way or the other.

Iun
2010-05-02, 12:44 PM
Shax

"I don't think they'd make for an interesting conversation, anyway. Not that a fight would be any better... Too many decisions, you say something."

Shax lands outside the complex, between it and the incoming visitors, tumbling and twisting around arkwardly before she manages to stop and untanlge herself.

"Well, that will need more practice."

Ryuuk
2010-05-02, 01:46 PM
Paimon

Nodding, Paimon watches as Shax lands on the laboratory's front yard. Her humming seems to captivate him for a second, although its short lived. It catches sight of the coming vehicles. Standing on the edge of the ceiling, its gaze shifts between the village, the vehicles and its fellow experiments a few times before he finally seems to reach a decision. Speeding across the rooftop, it looks for another opening into the building, jumping in when its found. In the darkness, it finds a suitable, clean surface and with a flick, draws one of its blades.

If those outside are listening, they may hear the faint scratching of steel on stone coming from within.

I don't think Paimon would be one to care if he makes a good pact or not. Alter Self makes the sign null and void while the vestige's influence is clear enough as is. Lets see, today's pact augmentation will be +1 insight to damage rolls.

MikelaC1
2010-05-02, 07:49 PM
SELINDA

With a lot more grace and a lot more experience in the air, Selinda lands lightly beside Shax, pulling her short sword and adopting a defensive stance. While she waits for the villagers to approach, she questions Shax.

Are we planning to talk at first and try to get our way out of this, or are we fighting the moment they get in range. And if we do fight, what can I expect from you? Do you melee, or do you use spells? Im pretty much fight, although I will use charm on some occasions. Depends on how many foes we have.

BooNL
2010-05-03, 04:13 AM
Jaws

The many-headed hydra had been distracted throughout the entire ordeal. As soon as the tiger appeared in front of it, two of its heads - Gomp and Dopey - started to chase after it. It took all of Spike and Stumpy's efforts to keep the other heads in control. Piral was simply singing in an off-pitch howl.

When Spike noticed the others taking off, he quickly got the others back in line and unfurled the large draconic wings on Jaws' back. With a little clumsyness he manages to get airborne.

He lands next to the others and prepares himself for lunch.

Iun
2010-05-03, 04:16 AM
Shax

"I don't think it's worth thinking too much about a few puny mortals. Then again I just thought about thinking wether it is worth to think or not to think about thinking..."

This goes on for quite some time, but if the large and very sharp-looking scythe in Shax's hands is any indication, you'd say she's all about melee.

BooNL
2010-05-03, 04:24 AM
Jaws

"I'd prefer it if we can talk to these people first," the smallest of the heads starts. "Maybe they can help us, you can all agree we're in need of help here."
A growl can be heard coming from Stumpy's right side. "Shut it Stumpy, I'm itching for a fight."

Meanwhile, Spike has his eyes closed and is concentrating on weaving the arcane magics flowing through Jaws' body.

Casting Inspirational Boost, which improves Jaws' Inspire Courage by 1.

Ryuuk
2010-05-03, 07:39 AM
Paimon

The scratching stops, and after a minute or so, the construct's blurry figure can be seen back at the edge of the rooftop, partially hidden by the smoke. It seems to be waiting for the vehicles to arrive.

I should probably note that he also activated Cat's Grace and Entropic Shield while he was down there. When the vehicles are close enough, he'll cast Haste on himself and another on the group.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-03, 01:52 PM
The group is made up entirely of humans of various ages, genders and armaments. One wearing gold armour steps forward and draws a golden sword which he points towards the building. As he yells towards the remains of the building a purple jewel twinkles.

"Monsters if you remain alive we have orders to remove the threat you imply. If you come quietly your fate will be a painless one, you may yet live to see another day."

His words are as clear as if he was standing next to you, and they sound to you as if they are in every language you understand simultaneously.

MikelaC1
2010-05-03, 02:03 PM
SELINDA

Selinda steps forward, speaking in a soothing and relaxing voice to the leader.

We dont want any trouble here, we just want to go our way and live in peace. We have that right dont we? We've suffered enough from Axan's experiments. Please just let us go

Casting Charm Monster on him

Iun
2010-05-03, 02:04 PM
Shax

At the man's words, Shax starts laughing, a loud maniacal laughter.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-03, 02:08 PM
"Would that it were so simple, you cannot be left to wander the world unchecked. It is our responsibility to ensure the safety of others from Axan's mistakes."

Hearing the Lillend's laugh shakes the rest of the group who start readying weapons and other equipment.

Iun
2010-05-03, 02:22 PM
Shax

Wiping away a tear, Shax takes a closer look at this self-proclaimed protector of the world.

"You know, I really love that armor and sword of yours. And do you know what that means? It means I'm gonna have them. One way," Shax forms her mouth into a wide grin, baring her sparkling white, pointy, razor-sharp teeth, "or another. And guess what? It's not your choice."

Shax charges towards the man.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Initiative for next round:[roll2]

MikelaC1
2010-05-03, 06:32 PM
SELINDA

Selinda sighs as it seems that her attempt to charm the man was unsuccessful. Seeing that Shax has started her attack routine, she draws her sword as well, and begins her dance, her silks starting to whirl and confuse

Ryuuk
2010-05-03, 08:45 PM
Paimon

"If you plan on taking away our freedom, then I must kindly say that we refuse." The figure leaps from the building, landing like a feather between the two groups. It is dressed in whatever charred rags it was able to gather in its short disappearance. What limbs are visible appear to be human, not a piece of metal or armor visible except for the pair of rapiers in its hands. "Come and take it, if you're so determined. But I must warn you, we've yearned to be free for a long time. We're gonna have to make you work for it."

Alter Self was used to make him look as human as possible, since the more they underestimate him, the better.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-06, 07:03 AM
Shax launches herself at the man but he throws up his arms and a shield that is bigger than he is appears, with which he throws the lillend to one side.

"Then you abominations have sealed your own fates. Attack!"

-------------------------
Paimon: 22
Shax: 17
Archers: 17
Selinda: 15
Jaws: 13
Gold Armour: 12
Warriors: 10
Mages: 9
Bazooka: 1

My enemies always have really crap initiative roles.

Iun
2010-05-06, 07:26 AM
Shax

"I don't think so."

Putting more strength behind her blows, Shax keeps swinging her scythe and adds a strike with her tail for good measure.

Power Attack for 7 points.
Full Attack:
Attack 1:[roll0]
Attack 2:[roll1]
Attack Tail:[roll2]
Damage 1:[roll3]
Damage 2:[roll4]
Damage Tail:[roll5]

Ryuuk
2010-05-06, 08:14 AM
Paimon

The 'man' dashes forward, running past the knight in golden armor and placing himself to the flank of the crowd. "I'll give those without conviction one last chance, drop your weapons and surrender and you may leave here with your lives." His stance becomes much more limber, rather flamboyant. "You've been warned."

In an instant, he appears within the crowd, the rapiers visible only as flashes of light. Someone watching from a distance would notice that his movements seem to be guided by an unheard music. It might actually be rather beautiful, if not for those being cut down in his wake. True to his word, he'll harmlessly pass by anyone who drops his weapon and throws himself to the ground.

Swift Action to use Sudden leap for 25ft of movement to get in position
Full round action to perform Paimon's Dance of Death (Move up to my speed, attacking anyone the user moves past once and provoking attacks of opportunity as normal)

Hopefully, they'll still be flatfooted, so no AoO from their part. Otherwise, they're against an AC of 36

If there was time to cast Haste beforehand as mentioned on an earlier post, Paimon can move 70ft in the round. Otherwise, it'll just be 50ft. He'll end his move on the opposite side of the crowd.

Those that look like mages will get priority, then the archers, then those with bazookas, then warriors.

Attack rolls are at +26
Damage rolls are at 2d6+10
Criticals are on 15-20
On a Critical, they have to succeed on a DC 23 Reflex save or fall prone

Rolls (Use as many as needed):
Attack: [roll0] (Crit if >=41)
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll4] (Crit if >=41)
Crit Confirm: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Crit Damage: [roll7] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll8] (Crit if >=41)
Crit Confirm: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]
Crit Damage: [roll11] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll12] (Crit if >=41)
Crit Confirm: [roll13]
Damage: [roll14]
Crit Damage: [roll15] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll16] (Crit if >=41)
Crit Confirm: [roll17]
Damage: [roll18]
Crit Damage: [roll19] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll20] (Crit if >=41)
Crit Confirm: [roll21]
Damage: [roll22]
Crit Damage: [roll23] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll24] (Crit if >=41)
Crit Confirm: [roll25]
Damage: [roll26]
Crit Damage: [roll27] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll28] (Crit if >=41)
Crit Confirm: [roll29]
Damage: [roll30]
Crit Damage: [roll31] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll32] (Crit if >=41)
Crit Confirm: [roll33]
Damage: [roll34]
Crit Damage: [roll35] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll36] (Crit if >=41)
Crit Confirm: [roll37]
Damage: [roll38]
Crit Damage: [roll39] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-06, 09:30 AM
Shax's first strike and tail are all deflected, her ferocity affecting her accuracy perhaps. However on of her strikes finds a gap in the man's defences, doing far more damage than she might have thought, leaching a screech from him as well as a spray of blood.

Paimon on the other hand is fairly successful. One Mage pops out of existance when struck and another feels the wrath of his blade-hand. He also strikes an archer and three other warriors who crumple under his strength. He skids to a halt at the other end of the group.

The archers that remain fire as instructed. Selinda's fiendish inheritance let the arrows pass through her flawless skin unharmed. Shax ((8 damage)) and Paimon ((9 damage)) however do take a couple of hits, though nothing to worry them.

MikelaC1
2010-05-06, 10:17 AM
SELINDA

Selinda calls on her succubus heritage and seems to pop out of existance, and then suddenly appears in front of the guy with the "bazooka".
Teleport
She flashes a dazzling smile plus a large flash of cleavage at him, as she takes a strike at him.

MikelaC1
2010-05-06, 01:20 PM
Attack rolls, pretty sure even though I dont get full attacks, I do get the extra haste attack....if I dont feel free to ignore it.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] attack (crit confirm)
[roll2] damage
[roll3] attack (haste)
[roll4] attack (crit confirm)
[roll5] damage

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-06, 01:32 PM
((You only get 1 attack sadly))

Selinda cloncks one holder on his helmet. There is a very loud chrunching sound as he slumps to one side.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-07, 05:40 AM
The man with the golden equipment retaliates against Shax, his blows are vicious and he causes significant harm to her ((48 damage)).

The warriors launch themselves at Selinda and Paimon. Once again the various weapons pass through Selinda like she were made of smoke. They also bounce of Paimon, except one who manages to find a chink in it's armour ((7 damage from a lucky nat 20)).

The Mages however are more potent. One unleashes a wave of black ooze that settles on the floor, tentacles flying up from it and trying to snare everyone in range. Some of the warriors are an unfortunate casualty of this ((grapple checks from Paimon and Selinda)).

Another unleashes a beam of crackling black pain which is aimed at Selinda, but goes wide of it's target as she twirls out of the way.

The final Mage launches a bolt of white light at the golden armoured man, the blood flow from him stemming immediately.

Unfortunately the remaining bazooka-man is snared by a tentacle.

Iun
2010-05-07, 06:04 AM
Shax

"Yarghh! Goldy has spirit it seems. Be riiight back."

Despite the thick black blood coming out of her wounds, Shax still seems to be in a rather good mood. She whistles a short cheery tune and touches her wounds, but somehow her spell vanishes into nothing.

"Damn it!"

After that she spreads her wings and takes of full speed, positioning herself in the air away from the fight, towards the complex.

Move action diagonally back and upwards for 100ft. (provoking AoO from goldy)
Cast cure moderate wounds on self. [roll0]
Defensive Casting check: [roll1]

MikelaC1
2010-05-07, 07:02 AM
SELINDA

Selinda looks at all the tentacles waving around her.

Sorry boys, while normally this sort of thing is my cup of tea, Im afraid youre just not my type. Ill have to pass on this one.

Selinda forgoes the chance for a full attack, instead, calling on her succubus heritage again to teleport to the mage that tried to use the ooze on her.

If you wanted to grapple with me, you just had to ask. Im more than willing to wrestle with cute mortals. You dont have to do it by proxy. Now, youre going to have to be punished

Selinda raps him once with her short sword

[roll0] attack
[roll1] crit confirm
[roll2] damage

Ryuuk
2010-05-07, 01:48 PM
Paimon

"You were warned." As the tentacles try to reach for him, Paimon answers with a flourish, deflecting the black ooze, at least for the moment. Looking around, he sees that his opponents weren't so lucky. "You can thank you're 'allies' for this. Don't worry, you'll be able to bring up their betrayal in the next life."

The flourish flows seamlessly into a whirl. He balances himself on the tip of his right foot while the other leg builds momentum at a frightening rate. In an instant, the spining turns him into a human sized blur. Deep, lethal looking wounds begin to appear on those warriors that tried to surround him. Even the tentacled ooze gets shaped by his, retreating, at least momentarily, from his reach. He stops as quickly as he began, the air around him continuing the spin for a second or so longer.

Satisfied, he takes a step back from the ooze, getting out of its reach if possible. He takes note of Shax and her retreat, and wonders just how strong the man in gold is. He calls him out. "I can keep cutting through you're men for as long as you want. Why not ensure their safety before worrying for the rest of the world? Come, try and finish what you started!" His stance is much more measured though, if Shax was forced to run, then he's not to be taken likely.

HP 86/102
AC 35 + 5 (Combat Expertise) = 40
Spell Effects:
Entropic Shield (20% Miss Chance for Ranged)
Alter Self (No mechanical change, just cosmetic)
Haste
Cat's Grace

Swift: Activate his Piercer Cloak, +1d6 damage against enemies on lower ground for 1 round.
Full Round: Whirlwind Attack, taking -5 for combat expertise. If they're grappled and prone, he can afford it.
Free: 5ft step away from the area of the tentacles, out if possible

Attacks (8, in case he was completely surrounded)
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]
Crit Damage: [roll4] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll5]
Crit Confirm: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] + [roll8]
Crit Damage: [roll9] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll10]
Crit Confirm: [roll11]
Damage: [roll12] + [roll13]
Crit Damage: [roll14] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll15]
Crit Confirm: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17] + [roll18]
Crit Damage: [roll19] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll20]
Crit Confirm: [roll21]
Damage: [roll22] + [roll23]
Crit Damage: [roll24] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll25]
Crit Confirm: [roll26]
Damage: [roll27] + [roll28]
Crit Damage: [roll29] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll30]
Crit Confirm: [roll31]
Damage: [roll32] + [roll33]
Crit Damage: [roll34] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack: [roll35]
Crit Confirm: [roll36]
Damage: [roll37] + [roll38]
Crit Damage: [roll39] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-08, 04:25 PM
((Just because)) Paimon's whirling blades of death completes and time seems to freeze for a second, looks of anguish slithering across the faces of those he struck. The in one fell swoop a whirlwind sweeps them up and they shatter like glass along with the tentacles.

Selinda is not so effective though the mage does scream like a little girl when stabbed.

Shax spell is interrupted, though she is now safely out of range of goldy.

The archers aim is low but one arrow hits home ((4 damage)).

The remaining warriors are shaken up but they fail to cause any damage when they attack.

The healer mage casts a grey aura around Goldy who takes to the air, but is unable to reach Shax in time.

The injured mage grabs Selinda's arm and electricity roars into her ((22 electric damage)).

The last mage casts a spell, but nothing happens.

Iun
2010-05-08, 05:23 PM
Shax

"Oh come on, that's just plain unfair. COME AND CATCH ME!"

Shax flies straight up for another 100 ft. and then goes through the same motions as before, but this time her spell succeeds.

Move action fly 100 ft. as straight upward as possible with average maneuverability.
Cast cure moderate wounds: [roll0]

MikelaC1
2010-05-08, 06:11 PM
SELINDA

Selinda adopts a sorrowful look, as the electricity does nothing to her.

Oh Im sorry, you didnt get the memo. You see, Im a demon, and electriciity doesnt affect me. However, youre a squishy mage, and swords do affect you.

Selinda strikes 4 times with her blade

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] attack
[roll3] damage
[roll4] attack
[roll5] damage
[roll6] attack
[roll7] damage

Ryuuk
2010-05-08, 06:45 PM
Paimon

Paimon looks disappointed as the man in gold flies away "It seems honor is rare nowadays." With a flourish, what grim and bodily fluids had accumulated on his swords flies off into the ground. He looks one over, nods and smiles. "Now, who's next?"

He turns to the archers, and shakes his head. "To fire on a defeated opponent, perhaps a lesson is in order." Leaving a cloud of dust in his wake, he suddenly appears in the middle of their formation and drives both of his swords into one of the bowmen. "But I'm a gentlemen, drop you weapons and run. Admit defeat or else you'll become a red mist too."

HP 86/102
AC 35
Spell Effects:
Haste
Cat's Grace

Move: Get into position into the middle of the archer's formation. He place himself so that next round he can whirlwind attack as many as possible.
Standard: Wolf Fang Strike (Attack one foe with both weapons as a standard action, -2 penalty to each attack)

Attack [roll0]
Crit Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Attack [roll4]
Crit Confirm [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
Crit Damage [roll7] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-12, 05:46 AM
Shax heals, two dead Mages, two liquified archers.

The rest of the archers seem to take Paimon up on his offer and drop their weapons and run like hell.

The final Mage turns and unleashes black lightning at Selinda. Unlike the last one this lightning hits hard, draining her life-force (([roll0] negative levels)).

"Flee then you coward, if you fear death so greatly then you should not engage superior opponents. Stay safely away you infant."

He will return to the ground and, unable to reach anyone with his blade he holds it before him and it flashes white for a moment.

Iun
2010-05-12, 06:17 AM
Shax

"Sorry, next time I bring my minions to the party, too."

Shax repeats the healing, then she circles lower, remaining just outside of goldy's range.

cmw: [roll0]

MikelaC1
2010-05-12, 07:15 AM
SELINDA

Up until now, Selinda had been treating the battle as a lark, an amusement for her. When her life force is drained however, all the amusement vanishes from her, replaced by a look of fury. She teleports to the mage and unleashes a vicious blow with the side of her blade, intending to knock him senseless

[roll0] attack, adjusted for level loss
[roll1] subdual damage

In a moment, youre going to see how I do that trick.

Ryuuk
2010-05-12, 11:25 AM
Paimon

The 'man' smiles as he watches the archers flee. "Good choice, life is precious, hold on to it for as long as you can." A hand goes to his neck as he tilts it to a side, stretching and watching what's left of 'defenders of humanity'. He wonders what that large cylinder that one of the men is holding is supposed to be. He feels no remorse as he dashes forward and attempts to impale the man, lifting him off his feet and tossing him aside. Really, he'd given enough chances so far, if they're still he'll likely be doing them a favor. Those that died at his hands probably didn't even notice it.

"Ah, the man in charge. So you finally chose to come and help your troops. I must apologize, it seems you're late for quite a few of them." He recovers from his lunge and turns to the man in gold. With a smile, he points his rapier in his direction. "If you want a superior opponent, why not come and test my mettle? I'm sure your men can vouch for me."

HP 86/102
AC 35 + 5 Combat Expertise
Spell Effects:
Haste
Cat's Grace

Swift: go into the Flame's Blessing Stance
Move: Reach the remaining Bazooka man (from my understanding, the other is still held by the tentacles)
Standard: Attack, Combat Expertise for 5

Attack: [roll0] crit if >=36
Damage: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-12, 11:57 AM
The bazooka man dies. It was like the universe just kept forgetting about him.

The Mage however isn't dead and unleashes more black light, this time in a burst around him.

"Perhaps not Demon." There is venom in his words. ((Important Will Save please Selinda.))

The golden man however charges at Paimon, an equally golden warhorse appearing below him, radiating light. He slashes at the construct, tearing into it ((31 damage and a Will Save please)).

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-12, 01:34 PM
The black energy freezes in the air for a second before it rushes at Selinda, clinging to her every curve. It tightens until she feels like she's being crushed. It gets tighter until it squeezes her right out of existence; she vanishes, like water down a plughole.

-----------
All at once Selinda is free of the crushing black, and finds herself lying on scorching black rock (though obviously as a Demon you don't feel it) under a red sky, crossed with lightning. In the distance in all directions you hear innumerable roars and blasphemies.

You are in The Abyss. Welcome home.

Ryuuk
2010-05-12, 02:20 PM
Paimon

Paimon tries to parry the blow, but finds himself overpowered. He stumbles back, as the clash of metal on metal still resounds through the air.

He turns to where Selinda stood, hoping she hadn't seen that. He finds her missing, which seems to take a second for him to process. "I see..."

"Lets see what y-ou can do!" His tone changes, like various voices talking at once. Steam starts to blow out of his orifices, the flow quickly growing more and more violent. "Now we'll find out if Axan's work really was a success!" First the rapiers, then the 'man's' entire body glows red, like steel in a furnace. "Or if this shell was is just a faulty mistake! En Guarde"

His movements are followed by ripples in the air as the air that comes into contact with him becomes searing hot. He lunges at the man with his right blade, then with his left. With movements that seem impossible, he then leaps into the and stands by balancing on his swords tip, leaving his legs level with the man's face. Instantly, Paimon begins to spin, his posture apparently perfectly stable. To sharp kicks try to connect with the man in gold before gravity seems to remember its job. Before he falls, he pushes himself back into the air and attempts to drive his searing blade into the man one last time.

HP 55/102
AC 35
Spell Effects:
Haste
Cat's Grace

Swift: Activate Searing Blade, all of Paimon's attacks in the round deal an additional 2d6+7 Fire damage
Full Round: Full Attack (Rapier/Rapier/Rapier/Unarmed/Unarmed-5, all with an additional -4, as discussed in the recruitment thread)

Also, Sense Weakness ignores 5 points of damage reduction regardless of the source or type, as long the attack is with a weapon that the character has Weapon Focus with. This is just in case he has DR

Rapier 1
Attack: [roll0] Crit on >= 37
Crit Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2] + [roll3]
Crit Damage [roll4] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Rapier 2
Attack: [roll5] Crit on >= 37
Crit Confirm [roll6]
Damage [roll7] + [roll8]
Crit Damage [roll9] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Unarmed 1
Attack: [roll10] Crit on >= 32
Crit Confirm [roll11]
Damage [roll12] + [roll13]
Crit Damage [roll14] + 1 Con

Unarmed 1
Attack: [roll15] Crit on >= 27
Crit Confirm [roll16]
Damage [roll17] + [roll18]
Crit Damage [roll19] + 1 Con

Rapier 1 (Haste)
Attack: [roll20] Crit on >= 37
Crit Confirm [roll21]
Damage [roll22] + [roll23]
Crit Damage [roll24] + DC 23 Reflex or Prone

Iun
2010-05-12, 02:28 PM
Shax

"Banishing a Succubus, someone here is really anhedonic. Let's see what we can do about that."

Without any sign of Shax's involvement a black, sickening cloud expands on the battlefield, engulfing the mage and goldy.

20ft. radius Unholy Blight should be enough to cover both, if possible without getting Paimon. Good creatures take [roll0] damage, good outsiders take [roll1], and both types are sickened for [roll2] rounds. Will save DC 23 negates sickness and halves damage. Neutral creatures take half damage and are not sickened, Will save DC 23 halves damage. Spell effects can only be removed by remove curse. Caster level check for spell resistance: [roll3].

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-18, 12:20 PM
Between you you do decimate the pair of them, Goldy flashing bright then blinking out of existance wih his mount, and the mage just collapsing to the floor, an empty husk.

---------------------
Selinda hears a screech getting closer. Her memory tells her that it's a Vrock, and probably a hungry one by the sound of it.

Ryuuk
2010-05-18, 12:54 PM
Paimon

As he watches the man in gold vanish, Paimon simply nods to himself, the air and his body starting to cool. Good job, I think I'll keep it Axan One of his blades retreats into his arms, the other flicks up the large cylinder that the sad man never got to use. He gives it a curious look, but decides to carry it with him.

He starts heading back into the lab, but hollers out. "Sh-ax, you served as an assistant to out deceased master, right? Would you care to try to come and see if his summoning circle is still standing? It would be a shame to let our friend leave us without a proper goodbye."

Iun
2010-05-18, 01:13 PM
Shax

"I don't believe it!"

Shax flies down to where goldy vanished a moment before, waving her arms through thin air.

"I don't believe it! That hypocrite. That was to be my armor."

Apparently crestfallen, Shax slithers back to the ruins, looks around for a moment, and then points towards one of the many piles of stone.

"Under there. Now if you excuse me, I need a good laugh."

She fishes out a feather from a pouch on her belt, waves it around, and puts it back. Then she pulls out a very tiny tart from the same pouch, and throws it into her own face, where it slowly slides down, leaving a trail of filling. Then suddenly, Shax starts laughing loudly and begins to writhe on the ground, her hands holding her stomach. The whole thing looks like a weird but strangely beautiful mix between a dying swan, a charmed snake, and an oriental belly dance.

"Ah, much better."

Cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter on self, failing saving throw willingly.

MikelaC1
2010-05-18, 01:18 PM
SELINDA

Selinda looks to the 'sky', hoping to be summoned back before the arrival of the Vrock. However, always one to have a backup plan, she readies herself to cast a Charm Monster on the fiend when it shows itself.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-18, 01:26 PM
The Summoning circle is intact for the most part, and what's broken is fixable. Anyone know how to do a Summoning? ((Know (Arcana) and Spellcraft if you have them.))

---------------------
A Vrock does indeed come over the horizon, floating slowly. However when it sees Selida's curvaceous form that wonderful little bell in it's mind starts ringing: FOOD!!

With a roaring screech it dives towards her.

MikelaC1
2010-05-18, 01:31 PM
SELINDA

Selinda reacts immediately to the Vrock, casting a Charm Monster on it.
(DC:28)

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-18, 01:41 PM
The Vrock is stunned for a second ((passed the save by 1)) but keeps on coming. As it claws at her (though apparently hunger had affected it's aim because it misses) it screeches and splits into 7 which surround you and simultaneously release a cloud of spores that burn into her ordinarily flawless skin ((5 damage)).

Iun
2010-05-18, 01:41 PM
Shax

"Lucky. Let's see if I can patch this up."

Shax clears some rubble and fixes damaged parts of the circle haphazardly with the help of some chalk from her spell component pouch.

"There. Now for some fitting words for the occasion... Ah I know just the thing: *Hem hem*

Erst zu begegnen dem Tiere,
Brauch ich den Spruch der Viere:
Salamander soll glühen,
Undene sich winden,
Sylphe verschwinden,
Kobold sich mühen.
Wer sie nicht kennte
Die Elemente,
Ihre Kraft
Und Eigenschaft,
Wäre kein Meister
Über die Geister.
Verschwind in Flammen
Salamander!
Rauschend fließe zusammen
Undene!
Leucht in Meteoren-Schöne
Sylphe!
Bring häusliche Hülfe
Selinda! Succubus!
Tritt hervor und mache den Schluss."

Knowledge(Arcana): [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]

Quote is from Goethe's Faust, Studierzimmer I, verses 1271-1291, should anybody care. Well, except for the second to last line, of course.

Ryuuk
2010-05-18, 01:42 PM
Paimon

As he enters, he leaves the cylinder along a charred wall. Paimon looks over the circle, picks up what remains of some of the wizard's notes, and starts looking through them. Strange symbols, runes, glyphs, diagrams and what little text he can read spoke of weaves, tuning forks and astral positioning. "Bah." He shrugs and lets it fall from his hand. Books and spells where things for other people. "Shax, you're going to have to tell me how this works. It looks like its in one piece, but I don't know how to get it started."

No ranks in Knowledge Arcane or Spellcraft, sorry.

"Ah, there we go."

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-18, 01:46 PM
Shax's words ignite the circle with 8ft high flames. In them you see a toad-like quadruped standing over a crater full of bubbling liquid, a burned woman surrounded by winged monsters and a stunning Elven woman surrounded by jewels and chained Efreeti, bowing to her whims. It wants you to pick one.

MikelaC1
2010-05-18, 01:51 PM
SELINDA T.

Bouncing up and down...while keeping an eye on the Vrock, Selinda shouts

Pick me, pick me, pick me....

Iun
2010-05-18, 01:57 PM
Shax

"Eww... Now that one's a definite no... That Elf looks intriguing... *Sigh* Life's not fair. Well maybe later."

With a wave of each hand, Shax extinguishes the flames not showing Selinda.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-18, 02:01 PM
The flames turn jet black and whirl before extinguishing in a flash, leaving Selinda there just as the boils burst and produce writhing mini vines all over her ((5 more damage.))

MikelaC1
2010-05-18, 02:10 PM
SELINDA

Ewww....stupid digusting crawly things...

Selinda drinks two of her potions of cure light wounds

[roll0]

There, thats much better

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-18, 02:16 PM
The wiggle critters fall off as the potions take effect. The Circle fades from the floor and the crystals crack, apparently the explosion weakened it all.

Iun
2010-05-18, 02:25 PM
Shax

"So much for trying again later..."

Shax picks up some of the splintered crystal and crushes it into dust with her fingers while looking wistfully at where the flames have been burning a moment ago.

"Some days it's just better to remain in bed. Too bad I don't sleep."

MikelaC1
2010-05-18, 05:58 PM
SELINDA

Selinda looks reproachfully at Shax

You cant tell me that that silly elven wench even remotely compared to me. Shes just a stupid hussy.

Iun
2010-05-19, 02:11 AM
Shax

"I'm sorry if an Elf with a collection of Efreeti slaves and piles of riches looks like a more interesting story than a Succubus fighting off lower demons. Still, here you are, so quit whining. There are more important issues at hand, for example, where did the golden guy go?"

MikelaC1
2010-05-19, 09:01 AM
SELINDA

Selinda looks mournfully around the battlefield

Where did everybody go? You killed them all, didnt even keep one for me? Now, who am I going to drain? This figure doesnt come cheap, you know. We need to go find some real fun.

Ryuuk
2010-05-19, 09:17 AM
Paimon

"Perhaps, but one doesn't turn her back on a lady in peril. Regardless, good to see you Selinda, welcome back" With a bow, he gently takes one of her hands and takes it to his lips. Then he picks up one of the growths with the tip of his blade, brings it closer to get a better look, and flicks it aside. "A shame about the circle though, it could have been fun. He stands and and heads for the entrance, picking up the cylinder along the way.

---

"The man in gold fled. He hit hard, but if he doesn't have the will to stay until the end then he's an honor-less opponent. His men at least fought bravely and the archers will tell their tale. They did leave a mess though, I say we see if there's anything of value."

He stops, a hand at his chin, and turns back to the others. "Why not give that small village a visit, after all, they did send out a large welcoming committee, it would be rude of us not to stop by now." There's almost a hint of malice in his voice. "And they may know where their coward of a leader ran off to."

EDIT: Just moved the post around a bit to let it fit.

Iun
2010-05-19, 11:33 AM
Shax

"Information and an open bar for the lady, the village it is."

Shax readies herself for takeoff, than her gaze comes across the dead bodies lying around.

"And I have the perfect idea for an appropriate entrance. I need a few spears, pikes, or poles..."

Shax starts looking around for anything the like, and once she finds a few takes them of towards the battlefield.

"Could either of you bring the wagons closer, please?"

Search: [roll0], take twenty on failure.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-19, 11:56 AM
There are sticks and broken poles and things everywhere, the building just exploded so everything is in spiky pieces.

Iun
2010-05-19, 01:25 PM
Shax

After having gathered enough material, Shax flies over to the battlefield, where she begins to artfully behead the bodies with her scythe, all the while singing "Whistle While You Work".

Once she has all the heads on pikes, Shax decorates the wagons with them.

"What do you think? Will we be arriving in style or what? Just let me freshen up before we leave."

Using another Prestidigitation, Shax is cleaned up within seconds.

MikelaC1
2010-05-19, 01:56 PM
SELINDA

Im sure we will make an impression, we wont be ignored. Of course, it will kind of forestall any sort of friendly relationship. Not that we have to have one, mind you, its just that it sets a definate tone.

Selinda fluffs her wings.

I do wish that nasty spell would lose its hold on me, Ive become quite clumsy with these swords.

Ryuuk
2010-05-19, 02:13 PM
Paimon

Paimon finishes moving the wagons and watches Shax work. "Indeed... in the town's eyes, the man in gold would be right. But perhaps he was already."

"Hold on a minute though, I'd like to see what this is first." He hold's up the large cylinder. "I'm afraid I'm of no use there Selinda, try looking over the mage's belongings. Those that deal with poison are usually wise enough to carry an antidote, else they don't deal in anything for long."

Paimon faces the laboratory and points a random end of the cylinder at one of the walls. Then he gropes it until something happens.

Sorry if this is kinda meta-gamy from the use of the term 'Bazooka', but I really want to know how much of a boom this thing has. :smallbiggrin:

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-19, 02:24 PM
Paimon presses the red button on either side of the tube and it unleashes a fireball that hits the broken wall and explodes into a 60ft sphere of swirling death. ((Everyone takes 17 damage and is 17 non-lethal damage, no defences, no reductions.))

The room is now made of dust, and more dust that has been melted into black glass.

Iun
2010-05-19, 04:28 PM
Shax

"Ooh, nice toy. I wonder if there are more trinkets in one of the wagons."

Shax stops trying to position herself on her newly acquired vehicle and starts searching everything.

Taking twenty on search for 28.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-19, 04:36 PM
There are some mundane bundles of arrows and some other bits and pieces and a couple of damp areas that smell oddly familiar (apparently you guys were scarier than you thought :smallamused:), but nothing of any real value.

MikelaC1
2010-05-20, 06:55 AM
SELINDA

Selinda coughs, chokes, and gags on the dust kicked up by the blast.

Watch where you fire that crazy thing!!

She goes through another coughing fit.
With a high enough sense motive, you might be able to tell that this is a bit of drama-queen acting

Iun
2010-05-20, 06:56 AM
Shax

"Figures."

Disappointed, Shax climbs onto her wagon and positions herself so she can reach the reins. Once the weird picture of a huge half snake half drow with wings sitting on top of a ghastly but comically small vehicle drawn by reptilian horses had time to sink in, she calls for the others to join her.

"Climb on and find a comfy place; and then off to the village!"

MikelaC1
2010-05-20, 07:02 AM
SELINDA

Selinda unfurls her wings and flies at the same pace as the wagon is moving, about 5-10 ft. above it.

This will scare the living daylights out of them even more...especially if they see Paimon riding along, pointing that cannon at them.

Iun
2010-05-20, 07:22 AM
Shax

"They would have dragged our corpses down there to show off, as well, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of shock and awe. I just hope they won't be running too fast to answer some questions."

Ryuuk
2010-05-20, 09:23 AM
Paimon

"Hahaha... I'm keeping this. People see a sword and think they can best it, but this! Few would be stupid enough to think they can fight against this!"

He carries it outside. With each step he changes slightly. The rags he'd picked up fall off, underneath them a set of light steel armor taking shape. His facial features remain human, the same as the man who stood against the 'defenders of humanity', but a pair of hooks and supports sprout from the back of the armor. Carefully, he places the cylinder behind him, the the hooks reach out to grab it. His are now free and the cannon is secure enough for him to run.

Outside, he starts fixing the damage he'd taken.

Alter Self at will is fun :smallamused:

38/102 HP

Dorje of Psionic Repair Damage: heals 3d8+2 per use, 4 should do.

[roll0] and takes [roll1]/2 damage
[roll2] and takes [roll3]/2 damage
[roll4] and takes [roll5]/2 damage
[roll6] and takes [roll7]/2 damage

Should leave me at 101/102 HP

MikelaC1
2010-05-20, 10:01 AM
SELINDA

Selinda is reminded of her own reduced status in hit points as she watches Paimon repair himself, and alights on the wagon momentarily. She drinks 3 of her cure light wounds potions, and then takes to the air again.

[roll0]

EDIT: I had only taken 17, so I guess shes a little stoned from the rest of it. Drugged succubus=Good times for all.

Iun
2010-05-20, 10:43 AM
Shax

"Hm, not the worst idea."

Shax takes a white cylindrical piece of wood from her belt and points it at herself.

Using wand of cure light wounds until fully healed. prerolling ten times for good measure:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

MikelaC1
2010-05-21, 06:33 AM
SELINDA

Selinda, still a little loopy from the effects of the curing potions on her, starts doing aerial acrobatics in the sky; loop de loops, barrel rolls, and flying straight up, folding up her wings and plummeting straight down until she pulls out just before hitting ground...all the while keeping up with the wagon as it makes its way to the city. Despite all the tricks, she manages to keep an eye on the city, watching for any movement towards the group

[roll0] Spot

EDIT: Probably a waste of a natural 20.

Ryuuk
2010-05-21, 09:57 AM
Paimon

Paimon had taken the reins and was pushing the scaled horses to go as fast as possible, even going so far as to give them a little boost. He forced tight turns and dangerous jumps that threatened to tip the vehicle over on multiple occasions, but his reflexes were quick enough to keep the horses under control. He planned to live, and even if this shell was numb, it could stand a lot more then one made of flesh. Even the shell was enjoying itself.

He hollers out to the others, trying to beat the howl of the wind. "Lets stop at the tavern! I'm sure they can tell us where the man in gold is!"

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-21, 12:34 PM
Seeing their town hero's (the guy in gold obviously) prized Draconic horses being ran into town at break neck speed straight into town by a psychotic robot accompanied by a drugged Succubus and a....whatever the hell the other monster was has a not unexpected effect on the people in town.

They scream like little girls and run for their lives. Literally no one stands before you, most of the town guard was butchered on Axan's hill. When you eventually stop its a ghost town.

((Since you rolled a 20)) Selinda, whilst looping sees several "interesting things": there are three children inhaling the fumes from several herbs and giggling manically, through a window she sees a barmaid having her ass grabbed by a drunken Dwarf and when the running starts you see a guy shriek like a little girl and start crying.

Iun
2010-05-21, 12:38 PM
Shax

"That was totally worth it."

Once the wagon stops in front of the tavern, Shax dismounts and slithers her way in somehow.
Primary target: booze.
Secondary target: people not having run away.

MikelaC1
2010-05-21, 01:09 PM
SELINDA

Selinda points out the sights to her companions.

Theres one man who didnt start running. Of course, thats because he was too busy crying. After we get our stuff, we might want to check him out. The children probably arent worth bothering with. The drunk dwarf, is there any other kind?, he might put up a fight

Ryuuk
2010-05-22, 04:15 PM
Paimon

"Perhaps we overdid it, hehe." Paimon jumps from the carriage, stretches and looks over the deserted town. "Which way was that dwarf? I want drink and song, he'll be able to do one, if we're lucky then both."

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 03:13 AM
The tavern is easily identifiable and from the outside seems equally deserted.

Inside however there are 12 Dwarves, a couple of half-Orcs and the bartender is a burly Human, wiping a glass.

No one looks up, no one even acknowledges you have entered.

Iun
2010-05-23, 03:23 AM
Shax

Shax moves up to the bar (lowering her torso to be about the height of someone sitting on a stool) and leans her scythe against it.

"Barkeep! Scotch, neat."

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 07:37 AM
The barman continues to wipe his glass and seems to ignore you.

Iun
2010-05-23, 08:30 AM
Shax

"Hm maybe a joke to break the ice... Hey, have you heard the one about the possessed construct, the succubus and the stunningly beautiful and enormously gifted snake lady who is becoming increasingly irritated? The last audience literally laughed their heads off after that one."

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 08:35 AM
One of the Dwarfs farts as you deliver your punchline. While it may be intended, chances are it was just a coincidence.

The barman finishes cleaning and put the glass down.

"Funny you should mention that" he says in a completely monotone voice, "because I know something on that subject." And with that he lifts his head clean off his neck and tosses it to you ((Ref Save to catch it and not get hit in the face with a face)).

Seeing this the patrons begin roaring with laughter, to the point that a couple roll off their seats and collapse in a heap on the floor, still laughing.

Ryuuk
2010-05-23, 08:57 AM
Paimon

"Well isn't that something." Drawn by the laughter, Paimon steps in to see a headless barman. "He's very forward, isn't he Shax? Stealing a kiss before you can reject him." He turns to wherever the head ended up. "You'll have to teach me that one."

MikelaC1
2010-05-23, 10:12 AM
SELINDA

So is anyone in here alive? Or are you all like the headless barman here.
She walks over to one of the patrons that fell on the floor and takes an experiemental poke to see if she draws blood or something else....

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 10:23 AM
Your poke results in the Dwarf grabbing your ass in return.

The head in Shax's hands speaks as well, and he sounds cross. "I'm not dead thank you very much, quite the opposite I'm all but immortal. I'm one of Axan's early experiments."

Iun
2010-05-23, 10:57 AM
Shax

"One more reason to start a traveling circus. I think I'll keep you for now; good time as any to start a collection of speaking heads."

With her tail she grabs the head by the hair so her hands are free to pour herself a whisky.

"Selinda, Paimon, what's your poison?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 11:01 AM
As you touch the bottle the barman's head yells at you and you get hit in the head as his body throws it's hand at you.

"No stealing."

Iun
2010-05-23, 11:25 AM
Shax

"Alright, alright, just keep the rest of your parts to yourself..."

Shax fishes a platinum piece from a pouch at her belt and puts it on the bar.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 11:32 AM
"That'll buy two drinks. Singles. Axan kept our local economy pretty buoyant.

Ryuuk
2010-05-23, 11:35 AM
Paimon

"Really? That hardly seems fair, we got an entire welcoming party trying to get rid of us, and here you are serving drinks." He shakes his head.

As hands start flying, he can't help but chuckle. "Fine, fine. How's this, we'll give you a scaled horse for a few rounds," From his seat at the bar he flicks his blade out and uses it to open a window. Outside stand the decorated carriage and the man in gold's horses."sound fair?"

"Speaking of the wizard's work, how is it the man in gold let you work here?"

Iun
2010-05-23, 11:38 AM
Shax

"Let me guess, you're name is Cutthroat? The horsies aren't for sale, here, that's all I have with me", Shax completely empties out her pouch for another 6 platinum pieces. "Should be enough for a few drinks for us three, no?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 11:39 AM
((Assuming Shax holds his head up for him)) "I'll take the green one, Orion was always pretty stingy with those badboys. You get 4 drinks apiece, no more, though the coins buy another 3 each."

By now the Dwarves have regained their composure and are back to their drinks, much more chatter than before and even a song from one corner.

MikelaC1
2010-05-23, 11:40 AM
SELINDA

Selinda addresses the head.
Whats the strongest brew that you have? And when I mean strong, I mean STRONG. Something will knock a dwarf off his pins. Dragons Blood, if you have it and if such a thing exists in your world

Iun
2010-05-23, 11:41 AM
Shax

"Orion?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 11:47 AM
"The guy who led the charge, gold armour. You can't have missed him. And our strongest stuff is in a safe under the bar, lest Drunkard McAssgrabber get at it."

His body moves to unlock the safe, his hand crawling back to him as he did so. He pulls out a brown bottle with the title Tartarus Inferno.

MikelaC1
2010-05-23, 11:51 AM
Selinda looks at the bottle, and the title with approval
That sounds exactly like what Im looking for. How much for the whole bottle?

Iun
2010-05-23, 11:53 AM
Shax

"Oh yes, we actually did. Barely though. Know where to find the guy?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 11:54 AM
"You could sleep with everyone in here every night for a month and you still couldn't afford the whole bottle. You get one shot because I'm getting the horse, otherwise I wouldn't get it out the safe for less than a cubic foot of gold.

I'm assuming since you have the horses you killed him."

Iun
2010-05-23, 11:57 AM
Shax

"First, the horses are not for sale. Second, no, he vanished. Third, I think it's pretty pointless to not give us what we want, unless you have a way to destroy it before we get it."

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 12:00 PM
"As it happens I have a command word that will detonate the entire bar which I had set up in case of those gits decided to have a lock in.

And he vanished you say? Weird, guess our little arrangement is over then."

MikelaC1
2010-05-23, 12:02 PM
Oh well, demons cant get drunk anyway. At least, as far as I know, we cant. Maybe I should look into that. Anyway, if I cant have the full bottle, how much is just one drink at least? and dont bring the horses into it, theyre not on the table.

Iun
2010-05-23, 12:05 PM
Shax

"Soo tempted right now... Maybe later. Oh, and here you go."

Shax puts the head back on the body, and adjusts it to point the right way.

"About the payment. What do you think about the best piece of music you have ever heard accompanied by the multiverse's most enticing dancer?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 12:14 PM
"Thanks, though if I recall correctly the robot offered me one and I'll be having that green horse. I don't take immaterial payment but fell free, maybe the idiots will throw some change.

And miss I can say categorically that Demons can get drunk, Ethexxt over there is a Glabrezu in disguise and he's drunk right now."

Ryuuk
2010-05-23, 12:21 PM
Paimon

"We still have plenty, we won't even feel on less horse. They have to be worth at least one cubic foot of gold each though." He looks around the bar, must be pretty good disguises.

"So we found our perfect tavern then. You're bomb'd better be pretty damn good though, we've already been through 2 big blasts today and were still standing."

Iun
2010-05-23, 12:22 PM
Shax

"Can't sell what he doesn't own. Well he could, but you seem like the guy who likes rules. He got a big weapon, and I took the wagon and the horses."

Ryuuk
2010-05-23, 12:26 PM
Paimon

"Tss, fine, fine. My mistake. If that's how you're gonna be, I'm keeping this little friend."

Actually, how many horses do we have?

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 12:27 PM
((5, one for each Chromatic dragon.))

Iun
2010-05-23, 12:30 PM
((See, you can't break up a collection :smalltongue:))

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 12:34 PM
You can if you want. He really wants one of those horses :smalltongue:

Iun
2010-05-23, 01:18 PM
Shax

"Let's see how generous these guys are, then."

Shax turns around towards the room, and starts preparing for her performance by creating two ethereal voices in the background. After a moment of contemplation she starts singing. Not a crude drinking song, but an enchantingly beautiful aria in a long forgotten tongue starts filling the room. After a prelude of a perfectly appropriate time the aria carries over into something less frail, but more rhythmical and seductive.

Casting two ghost sounds to accompany Shax (not specifically in the spells description, but I'll make a separate sing check for each.)
Then casting Improvisation to improve each of the following rolls by 3.
Also using the fascinate ability while singing for extra effect.
Perform(Sing) Shax : [roll0]
Perform(Sing) Ghost Sound 1: [roll1]
Perform(Sing) Ghost Sound 2: [roll2]

MikelaC1
2010-05-23, 04:37 PM
(Better late than never)

Selinda dances to the music that Shax makes, her movements lithe and graceful....not overtly sexual, but far more seductive in their intricasy.

[roll0] dance

EDIT: and Im getting just as bad rolls as you...we need to practice together more

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 04:42 PM
You performance is awesometastic and the drunken cretins throw whole purses of coin, though a few reclaim there's while the performance continues as their common sense reasserts itself.

A quick count at the end reveals around 50PP and 340gp (this places economy boggles the mind).

Iun
2010-05-23, 04:46 PM
Shax

At the end of the performance, Shax does a very deep curtsy. Then she counts the money.

"Oh, look at that. Might be worth to open our own establishment in this town. So how about that Tartarus Inferno now? Should be more than enough for a few shots for each of us."

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 04:48 PM
"As I said I'll take cash. If these idiots are so stupid to give you ll their beer money then more power to ya."

Iun
2010-05-23, 04:52 PM
Shax

Shax drops all the money on the bar. "Now get cracking."

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 04:57 PM
The barman pours three shots of Tartarus and sits them on the bar. The bottle goes on the bar too, but the barman assures you you won't want anymore.

Iun
2010-05-23, 05:22 PM
Shax

Shax raises one of the glasses into the air.

"Cheers!"

And she empties it.

MikelaC1
2010-05-23, 05:40 PM
SELINDA

Selinda lifts her glass in the air, inspecting it carefully through the glass. She makes it swirl in its container, and takes a big sniff.
Full bodied, nice bouquet, excellent color, what year did you say this was? I do so love the 873, the best year ever. (all said in a perfect imitation of wine connisseurs accent)
She then downs it all in one shot, making a huge burp as she finishes.

Edit: She finishes and looks around
Eh, its got an okay kick to it.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-23, 05:46 PM
It takes a second, but you actually feel it coming towards you like a bullet train, and when it hits you, it hits like a hammer. Shax's vision goes blurry, Selinda doubles over in pain, and Paimon silently falls over backwards, hitting the floor still in position with his arm out holding the glass.

MikelaC1
2010-05-23, 07:21 PM
She finishes and looks around
Eh, its got an okay kick to it.

Suddenly, Selinda clutches at her gut, and promptly empties the content of it over the barstool, the bar, and anyone who happens to be standing too close to her. She doubles over in pain, and heaves up what was left. Staggering up, she dry heaves twice, and drapes herself over the chair, looking up at the barkeep....

Smoooooth...

Iun
2010-05-24, 03:54 AM
Shax

"Niiice, feels almost as good as a fight."

Coming back to her senses (or, in Shax's case, what has taken their place), Shax looks at the mess around her.

"One down, two still standing. Next round!"

Fort save: [roll0]

Ryuuk
2010-05-25, 12:02 AM
Paimon

Paimon drinks his share in one gulp, hoping that this shell was real enough for him to feel at least some of it. In retrospect, a name like Tartarus Inferno should have been a good warning as to what it did to one's insides...

His eyes go blank and steam start to fly out of his mouth. Paimon had always had a problem with changes in temperature, the shell moved so fast because it had a very careful internal balance. Throwing hell fire into his gut shut him down instantly.

He hits the ground with a loud clang, and slowly more and more steam escapes from the body, and for a single fleeting instant the rising cloud seems to take the shape of a human body with long limb. It fades as soon as it appears though.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-25, 12:10 PM
((Shax is now also Sickened.))

Dwarves lol hard at the robot.

Iun
2010-05-25, 02:51 PM
Shax

"Never, quite, felt this way. Kinda like getting punched in the stomach, but different. Weird, let's see what happens if I take another..."

Although almost as green in the face as her scales, Shax disregards any warnings from her stomach and downs another one, looking for more of these unknown sensations.

Fort Save (including -2 from being sickened): [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-25, 02:51 PM
((Unconciousness draws you in))

Iun
2010-05-25, 02:58 PM
Shax

Accompanied by a loud burp Shax's torso drops onto her snake parts looking just as if she was using her lower body as a pillow for a short nap. She actually looks quite harmless and cuddly this way.

MikelaC1
2010-05-25, 05:32 PM
SELINDA

Selinda really, REALLY wants to take another drink, despite her reaction to the first one....but shes in unknown territory with potentially dangerous foes around her, and now she, the demon, has to be the responsible one and not let her party get overrun.
She drags both Shax and Paimon to a defensable corner, muttering as she does so.

Next time, I get to be the party girl who drinks and passes out

She settles down, despite her heaving gut, to wait for them to sleep it off. Fortunately, since shes a demon, she doesnt need the sleep.

MikelaC1
2010-05-25, 07:40 PM
SELINDA

Selinda settles herself down in a chair, putting her blades across her knees. She does not take any offensive action, but makes it clear by her stane and demeanour that any action by anyone in the room against Shax or Paimon is going to bring a hostile response.

Iun
2010-05-26, 02:16 PM
Shax

After quite some time, Shax regains consciousness. Looking around she starts to emit a strange noise, something between a groan and a howl, which steadily growths louder until it fills the whole room, and then suddenly stops.

"Bad stuff. Sleeping is scary, thank the gods (or Axan) I don't have to do it every night. How long?"

A bit disoriented, Shax slowly tries to erect her torso, but fails miserably.

MikelaC1
2010-05-27, 09:17 AM
SELINDA

Selinda tells Shax how long she has been asleep for
DM ruling required
and then hands her a flask.

Its a cure potion. I dont know if it will help you or not, but otherwise, I have nothing. Not being of a priestly bent. Ive drunk plenty of stuff in my time, but nothing that had quite that much kick to it.

Iun
2010-05-27, 09:28 AM
Shax

"Don't think it'll help, I'll just keep lying here for a bit longer. Now the drinking part's behind us, what's next on the list?"

MikelaC1
2010-05-27, 09:49 AM
SELINDA

Waiting for Paimon to recover, I imagine
is Selinda's dry response

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-27, 11:55 AM
Once you're all awake you can do whatever you like. The guy will continue to bartend and the patrons will go on drinking.

You hear the horses whinny from outside and looking out you see people peeking out of their houses. Apparently the initial shock has worn off and left them instead with a gentle, horrendous fear that chills them to their very soul.

MikelaC1
2010-05-27, 02:10 PM
SELINDA

While waiting for Paimon to wake up and Shax to become mobile, Selinda wanders up to the bar to talk to the bartender.

When we told you that the man in gold had disappeared, you said that you guessed "your little arrangement was over". What sort of arrangement did you have, if you dont mind my asking.
As well, how many people in this town are the results of Axans experiments? Only the ones in this bar? Some of the rest? Most? All?
And why, without any sort of visible economy, is money like water in this place? Both of us were okay in our performance, but we raked in a reward that kings and queens would be loath to give up for what we came up with.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-27, 02:17 PM
"Our arrangement is between me and him. Well, mostly me now obviously.

Axan's hand stretched into the town but I never said anyone besides me was an experiment. Maybe 3% of the population is a former project.

Our economy was building and growing whatever Axan needed, and he paid unbelievably well. This inflated prices far higher than the rest of the world could expect.

If the robot's permanently broken, can I have it?"

Ryuuk
2010-05-27, 04:23 PM
Paimon

"Not Yet, I Still Work And I Still Have An Owner." Paimon slowly start moving again, but its movements are much more mechanical. His visage had faded back to the metal helmet, but as he sits up, it slowly becomes humanlike again. "Even If He Is Ab--sent at the moment." His movements become more fluid, much more natural. "Tartarus Inferno, I'll remember that name. What did I miss much?"

Iun
2010-05-28, 06:53 AM
Shax

"Nope, we've just been hanging around and discussing what to do next."

Trying again, Shax manages to get up and is now slightly swaying from one side to another.

"Better, another moment and I'll be as good as new."

MikelaC1
2010-05-28, 06:57 AM
SELINDA

Selinda leans forward and whispers to the Bartender, in a conspiratorial tone

Hes not actually a robot, hes actually a polymorphed dragon. A cross between a red and a gold, you know how Axan is. But with the mind of a dire rat. Its true, I swear
Dont make him mad though, hes got a wicked temper.
Now Shax, there, shes hot. And I think shes got a thing for you, if you know what I mean. If I were you, I'd totally go for her, I think youve got a good shot.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-28, 12:13 PM
"I'm not a fan of tails myself."

Suddenly a table crashes over and the guy previously identified as a Glabrezu stnds up and bellows at the top of his voice. "I am Evil Incarnate, what is thy wish mortal!!"

MikelaC1
2010-05-28, 12:19 PM
SELINDA

Selinda rubs a finger in her ear.

Did you just hear something?
Oh, thats right, but you cant be talking to me, Im not mortal. Not sure exactly who is.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-28, 12:20 PM
"I see through your disguises peasant, my powers are not for you!!"

MikelaC1
2010-05-28, 12:28 PM
peasant? Peasant? PEASANT?

Selinda draws herself up to her full height.

I am Selinda Torvyn, the most beautiful succubus in all of creation! Your just jealous because the dwarf doesnt pinch your ass.

She walks over to the dwarf, presenting her ass for pinching.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-28, 12:30 PM
The Dwarf almost chokes on his drink, but not wanting to miss this opportuity he reaches out and grabs with both hands.

Iun
2010-05-28, 01:48 PM
Seizing the opportunity, Shax uses her ventriloquist skills for some fun and imitates the Glabrezu's voice:

"So you have a big ass, you are still no match for my evil powers, peasant!"

Perform(Commedy): [roll0]

MikelaC1
2010-05-28, 02:18 PM
SELINDA

Selinda sticks out her tongue at both the Glabrezu and Shax :smalltongue: and continues to let the dwarf have his way with her, even backing in a little closer.

Iun
2010-05-28, 02:25 PM
Shax

"Argh! My eyes! I give up! You win, your beauty and sensuality are far greater than my evil powers. Just stop doing that, I'm getting sick."

Perform(Commedy)[bring it dice roller :smallcool:]: [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-28, 02:31 PM
"I wish for another round!" shouts one of the Dwarves.

"THIS CONTRACT IS SEALED!

A mug of frothing mug of beer appears in front of everyone, which tears the Drarves attention away from Selinda's rear.

---------------
Spot Check DC30 unless you have Detect Magic or similar, in which case it's DC15.

Ryuuk
2010-05-28, 03:38 PM
Paimon

"Polymorphed dragons... and here Axan said he built me. A shame about the rat though, but it would explain a few things." Paimon watches the scene with interest, mostly ignoring the Glabrezu's threats in favor of Selinda's display. His master would have enjoyed it had that drink not driven him out. If such acts where to continue though, it was his duty to call on him again.

As the mug appears before him he sees it as a sign. He takes the mug in one hand and stands, heading towards a roomy corner. "Excuse me for a second, I just need to call someone back." He dips his fingers into the beverage and uses it to draw a strange seal on the ground.

Tartarus Inferno, a drink so strong it can even exorcise spirits :smallbiggrin:

Spot: [roll0] (He can't make the DC, so lets say he's working on the seal)

MikelaC1
2010-05-28, 07:10 PM
SELINDA

Making sure that her ability to resist poison is back in force (how embarrasing for a demon to be laid out by alcohol), Selinda promptly chugs the beer, drinking the whole flask dry in one shot and burping loudly after she is done. She watches Paimon at the same time, wondering what he is up to and wondering what the Glabrezu will do next.

Iun
2010-05-29, 04:51 AM
Shax

"Hm.. *hem* *hem* You are right, we are mere mortals in disguise. And now: I wish for the scythe of Death himself!"

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-29, 10:19 AM
"The slowness of your pitiful mind has destroyed any chance you had for happiness mortal!!"

And with that he vanishes, Teleporting himself away.

Iun
2010-05-29, 10:23 AM
Shax

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Seriously, what are we going to do now? We could travel to the next big city, make trouble, and hope Goldy comes back."

MikelaC1
2010-05-29, 06:20 PM
SELINDA

Selinda nudges both Shax and Paimon, drawing their attention to the numbers over the dwarf's head.

I wouldnt want to be in his boots. And come to think of it, I dont think I want to be in the neighbourhood when that reaches 0. It might only affect him, or it might signal the arrival of a bunch of baddies that will be out to harvest as much as they can. Moving on sounds like a really good idea.

Ryuuk
2010-05-29, 06:50 PM
Paimon

Once the seal is drawn Paimon, the shell, kneels down and begins to murmur to himself. "Eyes into a the world and hands to change it, I am your way out of the void, master." Almost instantly, a sudden gust shows that his call is answered.

The gust becomes a whirlwind centered within the seal; lifting debris, dust and spilled alcohol. The whirlwind slowly takes shape, until it becomes a spinning humanoid figure. With gray, featureless, skin and arms and legs that end in metal blades, he slows down but doesn't stop. He balances himself on a single blade at a time, continually changing from hand to foot to foot to hand. After a full cycle, Paimon, the dancer, turns to his caller with stretched out smile and a maniacal expression. The shell stands and meets his gaze, then both take a single step forward. The dancer melds into the shell.

A last gust of wind marks the end of the deal, drying out what remained of the seal drawn in beer. Paimon's face seems garbled for a second, before it recovers the same human appearance he'd been using. He picks up what's left of the mug, chugs it and turns to the others. "Sorry Selinda, what was that about numbers?"

Iun
2010-05-30, 06:39 AM
Shax

"Oh relax, it's just a run-of-the-mill contract. And I might be wrong, but it looks like he has still a few more rounds of beer left. Still,"

Shax stretches every muscle in her body before she continues,

"hanging around in a bar isn't as much fun as I thought. Let's go."

MikelaC1
2010-05-30, 07:41 PM
SELINDA

Selinda gestures subtly to the dwarf, and the numbers over his head.

He made, and got his wish. But unless I miss my bet, when that number gets down to 0, life will become unpleasant for him. Shax is right, this is kind of boring, we should move on to something more interesting.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 04:08 AM
((Where do you want to go then. The world is your oyster.))

Iun
2010-05-31, 05:07 AM
Shax

"Where to, where to... Barkeep, which way to the next big city?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 11:39 AM
Well there's Serenity to the East, there's Desolation to the South and Boredom to the west. North there's only the Big Friggin' Wastes.

Iun
2010-05-31, 11:41 AM
Shax

"Is this just your personal opinion or are those really the correct names?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 11:43 AM
"They're what I know them as. Tranquility is also called Serenity and I've heard Desolation called Chicago before. But I like mine."

MikelaC1
2010-05-31, 12:54 PM
SELINDA

The choice is obvious. To the east, to Serenity. What better place for us to really stir things up than with people who are serene and tranquil. Bored people will just yawn at us, and someone would have already stolen our fun in Desolation.

Iun
2010-05-31, 01:11 PM
Shax

"Hm, why not. Though I think the big friggin' waste sounds like a lot of potential. See ya guys."

Shax waves at the bar in general and makes the wagon ready to go.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 01:19 PM
"Bye everybody" chorus's around the bar.

Outside people are edging around your horses to go about their day, the green one missing. When you exit people spook and hide.

MikelaC1
2010-05-31, 01:46 PM
HEY....where did our green one go? Who stole our horse. We didnt trade it, we earned our liquour fair and square.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 02:19 PM
A little kid pokes his head up.

"The barkeeper's servant took it miss."

He flushes for a second before continuing. "Can I see your boobs miss, I'll give you some coin." He doesn't look like the druggy kids from before.

MikelaC1
2010-05-31, 02:25 PM
SELINDA

Selinda smiles as she walks up to the boy. Over her shoulders, she calls to Shax
You take care of getting our horse back
She turns back to the boy.
Keep your coin boy, I'll give you a look for free for the information you just gave us.
She parts her robe, and lets the boy stare all he wants.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 02:35 PM
The boys eyes buldge, and he falls backwards, frozen in position even as he hits the floor, an enormous grin on his face.

A few other less brave inhabitants whoop at the site.

Iun
2010-05-31, 02:39 PM
Shax

"So there is at least one person with a spine in this village. Enjoy the view kiddo, doubt you'll see any better for the rest of your life."

Shax wipes away a tear and salutes to the boy before she goes off to rip apart the guy who laid hands on one of her horsies.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 02:40 PM
((Search/Survival/Spot to track the horsey))

Ryuuk
2010-05-31, 02:50 PM
Paimon

Paimon simply shakes his head at the scene with Selinda and the boy. No respect for the art anymore... With anyone else he would have gotten nothing more then a cold slap.

"I can't help but feel this may be my fault..." With a flick of his wrist his rapier is ready. He takes a moment to examine it. "I have nothing against good thieves, the way I see it if you can't defend whats yours you don't deserve it. There is a difference between a good thief and a mediocre one though." He smiles. "Lets see if he's good."

After a quick look over the scene He turns around and opens the door to the tavern. "Barkeep, would you happen to know which way your servant went? There are some things we must discuss."

Checks, if applicable:

Spot [roll0]
Survival [roll1]
Search [roll2]

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 02:53 PM
You see hoof prints, but they are too faint for you to track.

As you look back in the bar the barman is gone, save his left hand which is sat on the bar expressing an expletive.

Iun
2010-05-31, 03:08 PM
Shax

"Ah, but my dear Watson, it is quite elementary, really."

Spot:[roll0]
Search:[roll1]
Survival:[roll2]

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 03:34 PM
You track the horse heading east out of town. You can see it in the distance along with a couple of others.

Ryuuk
2010-05-31, 03:59 PM
Paimon

"I see..." Paimon nods, taking a free hand to his chin. The instant he turns back to the hand he vanishes, dashing forward and leaving a small cloud of dust in his wake. His rapier is pointed forward, set to pierce the hand through palm. "Lets setup an exchange then."

Lets see if this works:

Attack [roll0]

Iun
2010-05-31, 04:06 PM
Shax

"The hunt is afoot!"

Taking to the air with a grand gesture, Shax follows the horse at top speed. When she arrives she tries to catch it to lead it back, ignoring everything else for now.
Should the horse not want to return, she casts speak with animals.

"Come horsey, the others are waiting. And I still have a few fresh heads for you. Mmh, yummy!?"

Handle Animal: [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 04:15 PM
Paimon stabs through the hand perfectly well. It twitches as you do so.

-----------

Shax catches up to thm and the green one is peing rode by the one handed bartender. The other three horses are normal, and jockeyed by other funny looing humanoids, one of who throws a Fireball at you ((Reflex Save please))

Iun
2010-05-31, 04:19 PM
Shax

"Careful where you throw that!"

Spell Resistance 17
Fire Resistance 10
Ref Save: [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-31, 04:22 PM
((6 fire damage, your move))

MikelaC1
2010-05-31, 08:11 PM
RET-CON
Selinda was chasing along with Shax, going after the horses. Please tell me if I should make a save, or whether or not I can act. Just missed the course of actions by being off line.

Ryuuk
2010-06-01, 02:07 AM
Paimon

"Well look what I..." Finding only a wagon and crowd devoid of winged women, Paimon sighs. He opens a small hole in his chest, tosses the uncouth hand in there and seals it back. "I can't turn my back on anyone, can I?" Seeing the burst of flame off in the distance, he gathers the remaining horses and sets off in that direction. He hollers to the town as he rides. "If a beautiful woman with long brown hair comes asking about the lab, let her know that Shell #1 is serving splendidly! Farwell!" He pushes the horses as fast as they can go, then makes the ride even faster in haste. His smile is almost maniacal as he wind screams past him.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-01, 03:33 AM
Selinda wasn't in range of the fireball. You can act after Shax, then they go, then Paimon (though his first round will be catching up).

Expect slime.

Iun
2010-06-01, 03:55 AM
Shax

Shax flies closer to her horse and manifests aversion on its rider (Will DC 21 negates, target will try to get no closer than 30 ft. to object of aversion (green dragon horsy in this case)).

MikelaC1
2010-06-01, 09:29 AM
SELINDA

Selinda lands in front of the bartender and starts singing
Shot through the heart
stabs him in the heart
[roll0]
And youre to blame
slashes the arm thats to blame for stealing the horse
[roll1]
You give love a bad name
a third attack, just for good measure
[roll2]

No one can save you, the damage is done
[roll3] damage
[roll4] damage
[roll5] damage

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-03, 06:43 AM
Green horsey seems unaffected, though the one handed barkeep sure as hell notices the hits.

As you beat the crap out of him he yells "COMBINE!!"

He, the other three and their steeds throw themselves to the floor and break into parts as they hit. Like lightning the parts open and assorted clockwork and other more magical components can be seen as the pieces combine to form a sort of mesh. They begin to expand far more than their component parts would have you believe possible, forming a 30ft tall robotic spider (http://www.geekologie.com/2008/09/03/spider-3.jpg) in mere seconds.

The green horse continues to run, apparently it wasn't informed of this particular battle strategy.

----------------------
Spot Check DC 15.

The transformation is phenomenally rapid, but takes long enough that it's your turn again. Paimon is now caught up enough to do something this round.

MikelaC1
2010-06-03, 07:23 AM
SELINDA

Selinda relishes the chance for full battle, her silks are swirling in her battle dance pattern as she closes with the metal spider, whacking it hard with her short swords.

Try and spin your way out of this web of steel.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-03, 07:23 AM
Selinda's attacks barely scratch the slightly lob-sided mechanical monster.

Iun
2010-06-03, 07:33 AM
Shax

"Whatever, I just want my horse back."

Shax flies after the horse, trying to catch it.

Handle Animal: [roll0]

Ryuuk
2010-06-03, 08:01 PM
Paimon

As the spider comes into view, Paimon can't help but laugh. "I see he had some practice before me... Come on then, I have something you're missing!" He points the horses to follow in their green kin;s direction before leaping off the wagon. "Here are the rest Shax! Best to keep an eye on them!"

Seeing Selinda striking against it, he rushes forward. "Lets have some fun then!" He runs up one if its legs, leaping into the air as he reaches it top. He finds his spot in the air and as he's coming back down he plunges his rapier into the center of the spider, where it's armor seems lighter. Laughing, he leaps back and lands on its side opposite of Selinda.

If possible, he'll activate the FLame's Blessing Stance while he's spending a turn making his way here. Also, since he was using it to keep the horses moving as fast as they where, I'm assuming he's still under Haste.

Move: Get to a square adjacent to it, at least 20 ft from a position from which he can flank with Selinda. His current speed is of 70ft, so it should be doable.
Standard: Perform the Death from Above strike. If I make a DC 20 Jump check I can leap into the air and attack an enemy and have it be considered Flatfooted and receive 4d6 additional damage. Then I can move to any square adjacent to it as long as it was within 20 ft of the square from which I started the strike.
Swift: Activate the Piercer Cloak to deal additional damage from higher ground. I'm hoping the Death from Above Maneuver is enough to qualify for the +2d6 condition, if not, then it'll just be 1d6.

Also of note, if the spider/bartender has damage reduction, the Sense Weakness feat lets me ignore 5 points of it.

Rolls

Jump (With running start): [roll0]

Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2] + [roll3] (Strike) + [roll4] (Cloak, first roll only if it doesn't qualify for 2d6)

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-09, 01:00 PM
Shax stops the horse, though it's not exactly keen about being co-operative.

Paimons attack gashes the spider.

-------
Selinda's move, then the spider.

MikelaC1
2010-06-09, 01:03 PM
SELINDA T.

Selinda watches her attacks have little effect on the spider, it seems to only get her mad.

Oh, so you want to play that way do you? Then try this on for size and proceeds to hammer the spider

[roll0] attack
[roll1] attack
[roll2] attack
[roll3] damage
[roll4] damage
[roll5] damage

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-09, 01:09 PM
Once again she hits, but leaves only a meagre scratch.

((Paimon make a Fort & Will Save please).

MikelaC1
2010-06-09, 01:24 PM
SELINDA

Selinda fixes her sword with an angry look

Why arent you made with mithral...or adamantite...or something else really cool and hard. Bad sword, BAD sword.

Iun
2010-06-09, 01:33 PM
Shax

"Good horsey, calm down."

Shax tries to lead the horse back to the wagon.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-10, 01:01 PM
The spider swings out with its legs, one after the other. Two make contact, one with Paimon ((11 damage)) and one with Selinda ((17 damage)). It also fires a web at Shax and the horses ((they're all are caught, Shax make a Ref Save)).

Ryuuk
2010-06-10, 10:21 PM
Paimon

"Pretty tough... Try this then!" Paimon ignores the scratch and tries to get at to the core of the spider. As with the man in gold, his rapiers glow red and become as hot as steel in a furnace, his body soon follows. Each lunge tries to drive itself deeper before he pulls himself off with a pair of kicks.

Swift Action: Activate Searing Blade

Full Round: Full Attack

Rapier
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

Rapier
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5]

Rapier
Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] + [roll8]

Unarmed
Attack: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10] + [roll11]

Unarmed
Attack: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13] + [roll14]

As before, he should ignore the first 5 points of DR per hit.

Iun
2010-06-12, 04:29 PM
Shax

"Sorry, I'm really not into that kind of stuff."

Shax rips the part of the web entangling her into pieces and flies over to the Spider, ready to slash it to bits.

"Well, at least not on the receiving end. I hope you like pain."

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-13, 03:14 PM
Shax break free and while very flashy, only 2 of Paimon's strikes hit home, though those 2 do cause it to groan mechanically.

((Selinda's up))

MikelaC1
2010-06-13, 07:04 PM
SELINDA

Selinda decides that her weapon just isnt doing anything useful, and since this thing is human (or at least was at one point), she will try a different tack

Look, we got off on the wrong foot here. We really just want our special horse back. And you know, our deal with you wasnt for the horse. We made enough from our performance. So lets just you give us our horse back, and we'll just go our own way.

Charm Monster DC:28

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-16, 12:41 PM
Paimon feels the spider pull at him and the hand is ripped clean out of him ((3dmg)). It flies towards it and attaches, forming it's 8th leg.

It then proceeds to flail around, hitting everyone ((4dmg + Fort Save or 2Dex dmg)).

It seems to ignore Selinda.

Ryuuk
2010-06-17, 09:16 AM
Paimon

"Interesting, you'd hardly think it could become something so big." Paimon looks over the damage left by the hand. "But you'll have to come up with something more. A tough hide won't be enough. Accept you defeat and we'll be on our way." Learning from his last few strikes, he he aims for the gaps in its platting and goes at it again.

HP 83/102
AC 35

Full attack with a Rapier/Rapier/Rapier routine
Each hit ignores the first 5 points of damage reduction

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

In case there's a secondary effect, constructs are immune to ability damage, fort save:
[roll6]

Iun
2010-06-17, 11:09 AM
Shax

"I hate spiders..."

Pretty annoyed at the thing, Shax flails at it with all her strength

Fort: [roll0]
Full Power Attacks:
[roll1],[roll2]
[roll3],[roll4]

[roll5],[roll6]
All attacks bypass good and chaotic damage reduction, if it should help.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-17, 01:59 PM
Shax misses miserably, Paimon does not; further brutalising the spider.

----------------
Selinda's turn. Everyone passes the save (and Paimon is immune).

MikelaC1
2010-06-17, 02:10 PM
SELINDA

Selinda is visibly annoyed. No one just ignores her spells.

Really now, we're showing you that we are capable of hurting you. Just let us go our way with the horse, and we'll let you go your way.

Suggestion, DC:27

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-20, 10:01 AM
The spider once again ignores Selinda's words.

It raises three legs, pointing one at each of you. It groans and creaks from it's various wounds and fires what looks like rainbow confetti out of each leg. It causes you no injury but the swirling colours are certainly distracting. ((Will Save each please))

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-20, 11:35 AM
Paimon's robotic pseudo-senses repel the assault easily. Selinda and Shax; not so much.

For you two the colours start to blend and distort. The world seems to to slow down and move in and out of focus. Everything seems much less threatening and even a little funny. ((-2 Reflex Saves, -2 Initiative -2 Wisdom, -1 attack rolls for 2 hours))

Ryuuk
2010-06-20, 11:36 AM
Paimon

Paimon tries to walk through the colors. "My dear, I think we're dealing with a golem. You're words may captivate any mortal with a beating heart, but these automatons only have a semblance of life." He knocks on his own chest, making a metallic clank. "These shells do have their uses though..." If the colors don't make him eat his words, he'll step forward and continue making holes in the spider.

Pretty much as before:

HP 83/102
AC 35

Full attack with a Rapier/Rapier/Rapier routine
Each hit ignores the first 5 points of damage reduction

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

After his assault he steps back and turns to the ladies. "Ah, you alright?" He turns back to the spider. "Tsk, tsk, that was very rude of you."

MikelaC1
2010-06-20, 07:54 PM
SELINDA

Selinda points at Paimon, and laughs

I..AM..IRONMAN

Iun
2010-06-21, 06:43 AM
Shax

"I think I'm drunk again. But what else would you expect from a barkeep spider. Ha, get it? Barkeep, spider!"

Shax laughs for a bit, then a look of confusion forms in her face.

"Wait, why are we here again? Oh right, the horsies. There they are."

She leaves to get to the horses (again), and wants to mount the wagon when she notices the web.

"Eww, sticky. Need to enslave us a stable hand to clean them once we reach... wherever we're going."

As if nothing else was going on, Shax starts removing the web from everything.

Ryuuk
2010-06-21, 06:33 PM
Paimon

"Heh... Now I look like the bad guy." He seems to laugh as he pulls his arms out of the spider. "You were much funner when you were my size, barkeep, you could at least hold a conversation. Am I going to have to keep chiseling you down or will you make up for our time lost to your larceny?"

He takes a step back and turns to Selinda and Shax. "I wonder, is he live or dead any thought within his head? Fighting a brute that's lost its mind is no fun."

Iun
2010-06-22, 09:13 AM
Shax

"Huh? Oh, just ignore it. No reason to crush some overgrown vermin. And I could use some help with this stuff here."

MikelaC1
2010-06-23, 06:23 AM
SELINDA

Selinda fights a fit of the giggles at Paimon's words, but still goes back to fighting with her sword.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] attack
[roll3] damage
[roll4] attack
[roll5] damage

MikelaC1
2010-06-23, 06:24 AM
oh goodie, potential critical on that first shot

[roll0] confirm
[roll1] damage

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-23, 06:41 AM
Bizarrely it's Selinda that ends this fight, apparently the colours had a positive effect and he blow compounds Paimon's multiple wounds and it crashes to the floor, broken.

Nothing happens for a moment, but a compartment pops open on the back of it and a Dwarven woman climbs out. She is wearing purple robes and a breatplate and is carrying a shield and a staff tipped with a horizontal bar with a chicken sat on it.

"Well now that was unexpected, must have missed by a little bit." She seems thoroughly engrossed with talking to herself until she sees Paimon.

"Oh! An automaton, and some friends. How would you lot like a job doing as I say without understanding why?" Apparently this sounds like a tempting offer to her.

MikelaC1
2010-06-23, 06:53 AM
SELINDA

Selinda still is giggling in a rather silly fashion, but tries to pay attention to the dwarf's words.

What did you call him? His first name isnt Otto...and Ive never heard of the Maton family. His name is Paimon. Oh, a job? Do we get to keep our horsies?

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-23, 06:57 AM
"Why of course my dear. I would never take a little girl's beloved pets."

MikelaC1
2010-06-23, 07:47 AM
Well, Im not doing anything right now...except for tripping out. By the way, do you have any more of that stuff, its really good. It would have to be, to get someone like me high.
Anyway, your offer sounds tempting and Im willing to listen. I cant speak for my companions though.

Iun
2010-06-23, 08:09 AM
Shax

Shax seems pretty much enthralled by the task of removing the rest of the sticky mass of spider webs from everything, and doesn't react in the slightest to the newest of recent series of strange sights.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-23, 08:12 AM
"Oh I wasn't controlling it. I teleported and ended up inside of it HAHA!"

MikelaC1
2010-06-23, 08:48 AM
Okay, so what is your proposal? Dont mind Shax there, she'll come around

Selinda goes to try and shake Shax into paying attention to the dwarf.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-23, 08:53 AM
"You three and your pets come with me and help me as I say until my work is complete."

MikelaC1
2010-06-23, 08:58 AM
Meh, whatever, I didnt have anything else planned for today. As long as I get to sleep with people or slice them up with my blades, Im down with it. Cant speak for Ironman and snakey there though.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-23, 09:00 AM
"Well I can grant wishes so that might make acceptable payment."

Iun
2010-06-23, 10:38 AM
Shax

Shax turns around, stares at the staff, and sneers.

"I wish you'd get lost, I've enough on my hands without adding a crazy chick to my list. Heh, three in one sentence, I'm godlike. Oh, why be modest, I am a god!"

Before she goes back to work, Shax turns to Selinda.

"Snakey? Really? If you have to cutesy me up, at least get creative, seriously..."

Ryuuk
2010-06-23, 01:57 PM
Paimon

"Really now? Well, we're flattered and please don't mind Shax, we've had an odd day." With a flick of his wrists his blades are gone and he takes a deep, exaggerated bow. "A pleasure to make you acquaintance my dear."

"I for one am interested, but I would prefer to know a bit more first. Don't get me wrong, I've just spend years under a 'do as I say' position and have just barely found myself my own boss again. My freedom is something I hold very dear to me right now and I'd like to know what I'm doing and who I'm working with before starting anew." He smiles.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-23, 02:01 PM
"Well my name is Asmodeus, I'm the Lord of the Nine Hells. And we'll be slaughtering the Gods of righteousness in the name of Darkness.

I'm only joshing deary, I'm Luu and I'm looking for a Tarrasque egg."

She says both of these things like they're the normalest thing in the world.

Iun
2010-06-24, 02:40 AM
"So I'm not the only one who has been wondering what it would taste like. I'm in for a share of the omelet."

Wiping her left forearm over her forehead - a purely dramatic gesture since Shax doesn't sweat - Shax looks at the progress she has made so far.

"Oh, and if you could clean up this mess. As a down payment, perhaps..."

MikelaC1
2010-06-24, 04:55 AM
SELINDA

Selinda looks at the dwarf in puzzlement, her words seemingly jolting her back to reality

The tarrasque is a mythical beast. It doesnt exist. How can we find an egg of a creature that isnt real. Even if it is real, which Im not ready to accept yet, how you even know it lays an egg? From the stories that are told, it never dies

Selinda considers the dwarf further

But who cares, if youre paying with wishes, its your fortune to waste. You can count me in